Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Post by Long Con »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:11 pm If you want to win the game. Vote Mac Pyxxy with me and (Or really Mac / anyone) and then make sure the wagons are tied. If you dont do this I take no responsibility for the outcome and as of this point I am checking out of the game
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:46 pm Mac appears towny

Scotty appears pockety
oh woweeeeee, my pov
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:59 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:38 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:57 pm Does anyone else see what LCs been saying about porscha?

Feels like a mountain of a molehill, but perhaps I'm missing something
There's some confusion, and some frustration involved. My initial vote... Porscha said everyone except DM and maybe Mac, had "howled". I asked Porscha how I had howled, and I considered the answer "you generally just sound performative to me, but it was also more of a comment on the general threadstate" to be handwavy and weak, and felt wolfy.

As for "what I've been saying", here's my perspective on what I'm dealing with:
Spoiler: show
There are two points that I'm frustrated with.

The first is this progression:
Porscha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:56 pmif I dont wifom rondo back then that's no fun lol, I'm surprised you took it as a legitimate answer to his illegitimate comment
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:13 pmDon't be surprised, because I didn't, and it's weird that you'd frame the conversation that way. You said I overreacted to Rondo's post, when your reaction was WHA and mine was considerably less "over" and quite less reactionary. This is the reason these answers are being discussed, you are the first one to bring up the idea of either of us taking Rondo seriously. What's going on here?
Porscha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:19 pmI didn't take rondo's post seriously, I didn't respond seriously, it's weird that you took his and my posts seriously (guess we can't all have the same sense of humor but rondo is clearly just shit posting)
...so that frustrates me, because Porscha obviously didn't read my post. It diminishes my likelihood of putting effort into further interaction.

The other thing is this:
Porscha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:51 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:47 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:46 pm

Sounds fake.

[VOTE: porscha] aubergine
lmao I see what you did there
Yes, I voted you, and you saw it.
no, with the whole "people wanting you dead thing"

it's like an over reaction hidden behind a joke
Porscha corrects me when I thought the "I see what you did there" was about my vote, and tells me that they were talking about the "people wanting you dead" thing, which is about the reactions to Rondo's post involving us. So that's why my posts following have that perspective.

Then Porscha posts this:
Porscha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:19 pmmy accusation that you over reacted was that you over reacted *to me* and *my read* ... had nothing to do with rondo
So yeah... frustrating.
I hope this helps you understand.

Hmmmmmm

[VOTE: porscha] aubergine
Read long cons iso and come tell me he cares about anyone other than me, to which he is still pushing my read as "fake" when it clearly isnt, and even after he kept pushing me on the rondo remark (when it was never about the rondo remark), he doesnt make a case about me. Just casually asks pointless questions every 6 hours until he sees someone ask a question about me, then he throws his weight into trying to make me look bad off of his own made up reason ... almost all of his content is based around me... if I wasnt trying to give him the benefit of the doubt repeatedly, I'd say he is just hyperfocusing on me cuz he is having a hard time engaging with the thread and found some weak argument to latch on to
mmmm towny (also acknowledging the post mac made where if i am town then porscha likely to be a wolf)
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:53 am @Porscha I would love for this ridiculous argument to be over, but I honestly can't until you understand.

YOU are the one who accused ME of overreacting. I didn't bring up the idea.

You literally said that I overreacted to Rondo's post. Please read the spoilered response I gave to falcon, and then read it again even more slowly, because I can't handle this.
probs town
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:29 am If Mac is a wolf, Rondo and leetic are easy teammates

Why is town Mac going so hard to get MKd N1?
mmmmmm
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:27 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:29 am If Mac is a wolf, Rondo and leetic are easy teammates

Why is town Mac going so hard to get MKd N1?
mmmmmm
so mac/rondo/leetic just is not pure

falcon reads this as the team and rondo/leetic currently suspect mac

i'm also fairly sure that mac is town as well as leetic (for his angry posts towards abbie ( trust me i've made many many many angry posts towards abbie))
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:44 pm
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:20 pm Wow that was a terrible chop. I actually had no idea eod was going to be like 2am Xmas morning but my vote on Sig was not intentional.

@falcon45ca how in gods green Earth is a post describing the merits of common POE play "abhorrent" and worthy of being voted? That's astonishing to me.
full disclosure but i only voted sig because you were voting him
If you read my posts you'd see I was townreading him.
i did, but as leetic points out you were on him for most of day so i thought your tr did a 180
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:51 pm Anyway, I do think the way robyn has approached my slot was towny. Wolves likely targeted me with the post restriction to shut me up, and robyn was the only one who seemingly tried to put effort into deciphering what I was saying and allowing me to participate. They weren't great at it, but props for trying!
kinky
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

okay so, currently i'm here

robyn
mac
leetic
long con
porscha
pyxxy
abbie

scotty
rondo
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Scotty wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:21 am
leetic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:03 am
Scotty wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:40 am
leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:49 pm So anyway, about that post restriction. It was not a part of my role, and it was something that was given to me at the start of D1. It's not like it was something like "if you keep this up you get a cool power you can use", I had to keep it up or I would lose my vote. Given that, it's almost certainly a wolf power and I should be basically lock town for having been targeted by this. (As an aside, this was one of the things that weirded me out about RDB — they said nobody should read anything alignment indicative about my posting, when the very fact that I was targeted by said power should be alignment indicative.) Now it's time to determine who used this power, and it's probably someone who has experience with me being a vocal town leader and wanted to shut me up before that could happen (or maybe it's Abby who did it just to piss me off).

So this was either a one-use power of the wolves, something they can do again, or they can give townies other post restrictions. Regardless, it might be wise to come up with a cypher so that if someone gets targeted by this again they can communicate more effectively. I tried my best, but there were obvious limits.
For probably obvious reasons if you followed Ted Lasso, I would never clear someone for being bamboozified.
In this case, I think i town read you with the takes you were making. I think
Who would willingly put themselves through such crap though?
Did…did you read Ted Lasso at all?

I insanified myself for shits and as soon as I started doing it I immediately regretted it due to the painstaking editing I had to do in each post. And I didn’t just want to post a few times and dip. I had to be believable.

In any case, you were most definitely stuck singing as per the host post, so an ability was most definitely used on you.

And I jived with you on reads. So
this is literally the exact shitty read that scotty gave for falcon that refuted my reasoning, it's stealing credit and just changing the narrative which is strange
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:15 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:51 pm Anyway, I do think the way robyn has approached my slot was towny. Wolves likely targeted me with the post restriction to shut me up, and robyn was the only one who seemingly tried to put effort into deciphering what I was saying and allowing me to participate. They weren't great at it, but props for trying!
nah ur mafia
he's town imo
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:20 pm Would wolf!Scotty really silence himself after saying he is the kind of player who would do so?
i mean, i wouldn't put it past him
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:21 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:20 pm Would wolf!Scotty really silence himself after saying he is the kind of player who would do so?
If that's the case, then his dedication to the ruse, by still posting at first, has fully tricked me.
scum points for scotty
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:48 pm You're supposed to be this amazingly townie player, I'm seeing nothing amazingly townie right now.
judging by the posts on the page 20 do you think he's being towny?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

I'm down to give Robyn the keys now.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:07 pm Felt like LC's somewhat hit the ground hard on day 2 pushing the Falcon kill solve in a sussy way.

The idea I should die n1 in all games is flawed. Especially after the day 1 I had.
I don't know how else I would have "pushed the kill solve". I looked at his posts and noted the names. I felt pretty objective about it, especially since I don't know if that's the right way to go. I don't think I was "sussy" about it.

I think we have 48 hours to do this, Mac. I don't think you're in the right frame of mind for Mafia right now. Let's circle back later.
oh, this is scummy tbh
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:42 pm I'm down to give Robyn the keys now.
uwu

scotty/rondo/lc world?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:31 pm Like I look at this and think, if I was a wolf and Rondo is town... this game is so easy. I literally only have to say Mac is town, passively object to any modicum of sus he casts against my team (or ignore it) and nod when he pushes a townie.

@robyn a little like how Porscha reacted to my vote on you.
Ive tried to understand what you are trying to say here. Can you expand on what you mean in each point?
This isn't me answering anything other than why your play has been demotivating. Because I think you are town and I think you are actually present and capable of being more towny/solvy it is making me feel like the game is needlessly hard and you're the main reason lol.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:04 pm Let's look into the standard reasons why townies are nightkilled and see if any of them explain falcon's death:

He was just too towny: Probably not. I mean, nobody seems to have strongly suspected him, but that's largely because nobody was really talking about him in the first place. I don't think wolves reach this conclusion without even trying to pressure him.
He was too vocal/had high WIM: LOL.
His reads were good: Certainly a possibility, we've already gone over who that would indict.
Wolves wanted to throw town off: Also a possibility, as falcon had strong suspicions yet didn't really elaborate on them, which could allow the wolves to construct their own narrative here.
Wolves thought they saw a softclaim: I mean, I saw nothing, but it wouldn't be the first time that wolves saw a softclaim that didn't exist.
Wolves were worried about falcon based on him knowing the wolves well/his performance in previous games: Someone else would probably be a better judge over whether this is a possibility than me.

Another question is, if the falcon kill was unexpected than who would be the expected kill? Besides Mac getting Manti'd, I don't think anyone else has been suggested as a possibility, so a falcon kill at the end of the day might not be that much weirder than some of the other options
falcon is a kill that maintains the status quo, also odds are he had a correct sr
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:44 pm
uwu

scotty/rondo/lc world?
Scotty/LC interacted a lot d1. Do you think it wasn't clearing?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:45 pm
uwu

scotty/rondo/lc world?
Scotty/LC interacted a lot d1. Do you think it wasn't clearing?
nowadays scum rarely distance from one another, they go and powerwolf and chop towns as a team, you have said this

consider though, these two are ancient players where distancing is actually scum meta
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

+ scotty just distanced tf out of thunal and svs in ted lasso
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:07 pm If falcon was really killed due to his reads, it would have to be because they were closer than anyone else's. It may be useful to see where falcon's reads differed from people who otherwise had similar reads. Still, I'd probably have to reread the game for that.
incorrect assumption, one correct scum read>accuracy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't disagree
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:48 pm I think Abbi did it, and I think it has a fine chance of being a Town ability, knowing these Hosts.
Honestly, if Abby really did it then she deserves to die for using such an anti-town ability. Could she not idle? If what she's saying is true, the action isn't forced to go through
this just feels insanely towny
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:07 pm Felt like LC's somewhat hit the ground hard on day 2 pushing the Falcon kill solve in a sussy way.

The idea I should die n1 in all games is flawed. Especially after the day 1 I had.
I don't know how else I would have "pushed the kill solve". I looked at his posts and noted the names. I felt pretty objective about it, especially since I don't know if that's the right way to go. I don't think I was "sussy" about it.

I think we have 48 hours to do this, Mac. I don't think you're in the right frame of mind for Mafia right now. Let's circle back later.
oh, this is scummy tbh
Not at all, really.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

mac, how confident are you in rondo town, cause he did the exact same shit to me in severance as wolf, as in not defend me even though he could find me as town instantly, as town
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

uwu

scotty/rondo/lc world?
This is just bad, restart from the beginning.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:28 pm scotty town
Long Con town
DM town

some other names

@Serhal do you like mech?

@tutuu what's your favorite flavour of jam?

@RondoDimBuckle I accidentally left scumchat can you let me back in? Mac is method acting our distancing and won't do it
mmmmmmmmmm
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:31 pm Like I look at this and think, if I was a wolf and Rondo is town... this game is so easy. I literally only have to say Mac is town, passively object to any modicum of sus he casts against my team (or ignore it) and nod when he pushes a townie.

Ive tried to understand what you are trying to say here. Can you expand on what you mean in each point?
This isn't me answering anything other than why your play has been demotivating. Because I think you are town and I think you are actually present and capable of being more towny/solvy it is making me feel like the game is needlessly hard and you're the main reason lol.
Look man I just want to chill its Christmas. I have said what I want. If you think I am town maybe trust me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:19 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:32 am @RondoDimBuckle if you have your vote on me by EOD today and I die the responsibility of solving the game becomes squarely yours.
I think Rondo is a wolf do you not?
If Pyxxy is town yes.
mmmm
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:32 am I'm confused how Leetic is so convinced I'm mafia if I'm obvious enough town for Abi and Tutuu to be townreading me still.

I think y'all should talk about it.

Same with you @Porscha and @robyn.
i don't think you were particularly obvious expect for those who know you well, you should be near obvious now
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nah, Mac is not town. That post was wolfy, and he turnaround and "oopsie" on sig, post lynch, was not towny.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:04 pm [VOTE: Rondo] aubergine
rondo has had a worldview and reads that have just not made any sense to me this entire game, furthermore they've been exactly opposite to mine and i expect rondo to have a worldview and reads that are fairly similar to my own

i think pyxxy's pr claim is either outing and self sacrifice on d2 or rondo is just scum, and i lean towards the latter because my view is that scum pyxxy would give some effort at all. or he would decide to fake reads and stances and all that jazz and phone in a worldview. but he just hasn't

i am pretty confident that leetic and mac are town, they're my top tr's, and they feel like the only people actually deciding to move the game forward

i was extremely busy and a drunkard but i'm here now
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:07 pm
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:04 pm [VOTE: Rondo] aubergine
rondo has had a worldview and reads that have just not made any sense to me this entire game, furthermore they've been exactly opposite to mine and i expect rondo to have a worldview and reads that are fairly similar to my own

i think pyxxy's pr claim is either outing and self sacrifice on d2 or rondo is just scum, and i lean towards the latter because my view is that scum pyxxy would give some effort at all. or he would decide to fake reads and stances and all that jazz and phone in a worldview. but he just hasn't

i am pretty confident that leetic and mac are town, they're my top tr's, and they feel like the only people actually deciding to move the game forward

i was extremely busy and a drunkard but i'm here now
My condolences on your rand
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Robyn+ porscha+ mac. Otherwise she would be pushing the people on her wagon. Not doing backflips to vote me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:11 pm Robyn+ porscha+ mac. Otherwise she would be pushing the people on her wagon. Not doing backflips to vote me
mac voting me was encouraging activity, it was not scummy, it was towny

i believe porscha did the same because she got mad at me once for being a potato town in a game

i believe you've done nothing but push town this entire game, and none of your reads make sense to me. as town you should be able to find me and mac as town too and i think it's outing that you aren't
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

that's also weird as fuck because why the fuck would my two teammates randomly decide to bus town!robyn

as you've seen in severance town love pushing me
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Porscha wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:17 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:25 pm Porscha what is your read on me?
like 80% depressed town is my opinion
This Porscha gets me
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:53 pm mac, how confident are you in rondo town, cause he did the exact same shit to me in severance as wolf, as in not defend me even though he could find me as town instantly, as town
I feel less equipped to reading him than everyone else here tbh cuz I haven't been on TS for a fairly long time so my read on him probably shouldn't over factor yours
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:26 pm
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:53 pm mac, how confident are you in rondo town, cause he did the exact same shit to me in severance as wolf, as in not defend me even though he could find me as town instantly, as town
I feel less equipped to reading him than everyone else here tbh cuz I haven't been on TS for a fairly long time so my read on him probably shouldn't over factor yours
i'm more so thinking that he's mafia and would like to entice you to vote him
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:27 pm
i'm more so thinking that he's mafia and would like to entice you to vote him
Now why would I want that?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:11 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:20 pm I think I want to add Scotty to my kill tomorrow night
@Porscha I'm telling you Rondo is town. Don't forget this on day 3 when I'm dead.
We go from this
To this

Interesting 🤔
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:05 pm Nah, Mac is not town. That post was wolfy, and he turnaround and "oopsie" on sig, post lynch, was not towny.
What post was wolfy?

:ponder:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:11 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:20 pm I think I want to add Scotty to my kill tomorrow night
@Porscha I'm telling you Rondo is town. Don't forget this on day 3 when I'm dead.
We go from this
To this

Interesting 🤔
Why would Mac decree a falsely strong confident townread on someone he can't read well day 1, I wonder?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

What's the point? If I'm wolf I am not killing you either way so it makes no sense to choose me.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:57 pm

Look man I just want to chill its Christmas. I have said what I want. If you think I am town maybe trust me
This is the first time in the game you've not been gimmick posting as mafia. I don't see how chilling because it's Christmas and open claiming to be mafia and making yourself impossible to analyse are the same thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:45 pm What's the point? If I'm wolf I am not killing you either way so it makes no sense to choose me.
Mac lock townreading town Rondo generally either gets me or you killed n1 unless you're mafia, more to the point.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”