Total votes: 39
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 pm if one of spf/hally is a wolf i'd pick spf rn but hmmm
this reaction immediately makes me worried that you are taking advantage of my paranoia on hally to frame us as having to contain one scum

im getting the sense that your playstyle is just something im gonna be paranoid about tbh
mindmeld
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 pm if one of spf/hally is a wolf i'd pick spf rn but hmmm
this reaction immediately makes me worried that you are taking advantage of my paranoia on hally to frame us as having to contain one scum

im getting the sense that your playstyle is just something im gonna be paranoid about tbh
nah I don't think it's for sure at this point, I had you as both town earlier but I have worries now
does anyone tr nut? and can you tell me why if so? because i don’t feel it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 pm I had SPF/Hally as both town early but I haven’t seen Hally lately so my very smol brain is forgetting her
wow am i that unmemorable smh
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:19 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 pm I had SPF/Hally as both town early but I haven’t seen Hally lately so my very smol brain is forgetting her
wow am i that unmemorable smh
I have very smol lizard brain ok
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 pm Townread on Jules confirmed
can you explain this one more?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 pm i am reading the ISO of everyone here and giving my short thoughts. to keep it interesting, i will out a GTH read on every player i ISO

alison - good vibes. good reads. confident and assertive without being reckless. gth town

coliniscool - good luck on your new job. you have no content. gth town for calling me open scum, i guess

drwilgy - playing very loosely. hard to tell what his thought process is. i like his response to alison's pressure in this post:
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:53 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm From where I'm at (page 8) tutuu's feels more content forcing than genuine generation that I saw in the last game. Mac doesn't have the same tang.

Yours feels different from Hally's as well.

Why Mac and Hally specifically?
Because Mac and Hally townread us?

Like surely if you think Mac and Hally are obvtown and both of them are telling you that tutuu/Alison are obvtown, you should pay a little attention to it unless you think they're awful at reading us, which they aren't.
I have quite abit of experience with Mac being incorrect.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not ignoring their reads, but I'm not going to be swayed away from my own reads without proper reason.

Even now Hally has made me feel better about Tutuu.

I must say, I dislike your opposition to differing opinions here. It feels like you are invalidating mine by means of reads of others. In a world where the others are also town, are our reads not all of equal value?
it's notable that drwilgy's motivation here isn't to discredit alison for attacking him - it's to defend the validity of his own reads. i like that he's standing his ground without overreacting or making it into something bigger. gth town

dyachei - asks a bunch of softball questions and then outs a list of reads. i have no idea how they went from point A to point B with their thought process. i liked their thoughtful reply to alison's sr on samu. gth town

Dyslexicon - openly not reading the game. my initial thought is that dys scum would probably be trying to assert their presence more instead of openly declaring that they have no intent to try. the laziness might point to them being town. gth town

fallenprince - no content

hally - this is the initial post from hally that pinged me:
Hally wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:15 am im blindly sheeping mac, alison and tutuu this game. they will lead us to the promised land
it felt like hally's focus was to get themselves integrated into the townbloc & pocket them as opposed to genuinely scumhunting. i did not like how quickly hally townread the main people who were asserting their presence

but their iso isn't as bad as i remember it being - their read on tutuu actually seems pretty genuine and i liked their thoughts about me. maybe gth town

herm - not much substance yet. i am whelmed. gth town though

justplayingitcool - big reaction to being sr'd early in the game. from then, their tone became incredibly casual and relaxed. their casual tone does not align with their stressed out reaction to being scumread at the beginning of the game. gth scum

long con - hasn't posted

MacDougall - confident tone while being coy about his thought process. at the very least, i feel that there are gears turning in macdougall's head. his solving does not strike me as fake so far and i like his pressure on justplayingitcool. gth town

master radishes - i do not like any of his posts. reads align with the consensus. boring. gth scum

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - likes lobster biqsue. lock town. i like that they are actively rejecting opportunities to become a de-facto leader of the game. gth town

nutella - this might just be a playstyle difference but i have not loved her reads or her tone yet. a lot of her posts feel hedgy. i don't always see how she goes from point a to point b in her reads. eh. gth scum

odmderta - i do not like his reads but i think his reads are genuine. gth town

poison chan - i like her energy and her inquisitiveness. only concern is that she is being overly diplomatic. gth town

Samusamu - theyve said a lot but have concluded very little. waiting for them to post more content before i make a decision. gth scum because i feel that they're struggling to integrate themselves into the game a bit

sprityo - awkward reaction to mac's push. i like their follow up reads a little bit but nothing has stood out to me much. gth scum

tedxtr - "i am playing scummy on purpose" felt a little fake to me but i like their frustration and their change in tone since that point. i also kind of tr their push on me. gth town i guess

Timsup2nothin - it was kind of scummy when he asked me why he would sheep my avatar reads when those reads were clearly not serious. his tone feels overly concerned with how people are perceiving him but i do like his more recent analysis. gth scum

tutuu - locktown because of the chika avi. i also think her frustration with ted + her subsequent tr on him felt really genuine. gth town
just ftr, i’ve played with alison, mac and tutuu a fair but and i think i can read them pretty well. so while you are correct that i tr them quickly, it was partially due to meta. idk how this changes your reading of it, if at all
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

also i like those reads and agree with most of them. my notable disagreements are that i town lean radishes and tim. probably more so radishes. but i get why you see him as scummy because you don’t know his style. i also think samu has been pretty towny
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm I take back what I said about sprit reading the game correctly.
He is town tho
why?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm Okey, page 15.

And u guys will know a new term, the "samulist"

A samulist is a list where 50% of player are antitown. Easy to learn dont think :)

So between justolayingitcool, poison, macdougall and nutella have to at least two antitown if not, then I'll make a fool of myself again in an English game, and I'll have to stop bragging about the readings I do in my native language and learn to play like an avocado? Meh, I'd rather go for the glory.

Justplaying isnt genuine, acting like doenst care and have some red noob mafia tipical flags.

Poison is fluffing too.much and only going for some scumhunting when being pressured, also doing too much pocketing between fluffy post.

Nutella seems oportunistic and not to much focused in scumreading.

Macdougall is my gut read, also dont liking the momentum of how he change between active and reactive, rethinking probably is the deepwolf i can read in this game, cant buy the pointed post meanwhile being up. Is still probably he being the rogue cause i can see nutella, poison and justplayingitcol as budies together in some way but not with macdougall. So rogue or deepwolf can explain my gut read.

If someone ask me.to.forget these four player probably a will look into tim and drwilgy as prob mafias.

There are a group of nai at this moment like, herm, collin, dyslexicon, fallen... Probably i'm forgetting someone

Latest post of oddmerta let me some.good vibes, weaktown. Also want to interact with him

Staypositivefriend is between null to scum and scum to null.for moments, like some post can.be genuine and others oportunistic, i think i pointed some of the oportunistics ones.

Alise is going to hard with de towncore to be deepwolfing, also like hally in that core both are town read, but i have to say that the tuutuu early game was better than the last relaxed post in these pages weak town read.

Nanook, ted and spirityo are locktown for me for momentum Pressure and how nobody disagree A lot of vague arguments.
idk this is pretty towny to me
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
:rolleyes: Let's not play this game.

I think juliets is just town. Catchup was good. Nothing amazingly standout but had a thread of town purity to it. I'm not going to gamble my life savings on this read, but she's done a good job redeeming the slot.

SPF is like, there are some reasons to read her town, but the energy hasn't come back yet and the un-asked for GTH is slightly scummy in a vacuum unless there's meta there. (Town just does whatever, scum feels more of a need to pigeonhole their reads so they can remember what those reads are and act in accordance to them. It simplifies matters for them when their goal is play-acting out the reads.) Let's say... still in the POE, but near the top of it.

Will catch up more as I go.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Coming around to dyachei being mafia here
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm just realized that juliet replaced into fallen prince. i would gth scumread her and i dont feel like explaining why rn
I find it ironic that you would imply my town leans were no good without explanation yet you scum read me without explanation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you're tired or have other things to do but I would appreciate some kind of explanation when you have time/energy.
yeah it's because i had just finished figuring out my reads on the other 20 players and i didn't feel like going back and figuring out why my gut pinged you as scum

looking back, it's because i felt that your tone coming into the game was overly diplomatic and overly cooperative. it felt like you were trying really hard not to step on anyones toes. looking at your iso, i don't find you as scummy as i initially did because it looks like a personality thing instead of an alignment thing
spf, meet jules, the nicest person ever :p

this is just her personality. i’ve never seen her play mafia but i would be shocked if she didn’t come across this way as either alignment
Alison

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:19 pm
Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm I think some wolves/scum are going to push afk/inactive people early on in the game.

They always end up as easy alternatives.
Yup
This post pinged me. I don't think Colin believes this and I've played with him in a few games where the mafia adopted a completely different strategy. Who was killing inactives in Jack Attack?

This sort of feels like a pre-emptive excuse to shield the afks (ie. himself) from scrutiny by depicting attacks on them as wolfy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Juliets mafia is basically a lower volume version of her town self. She also isn't much of a bussed unless asked to be so she can be found by not having pushed flipped and consensus mafia teammates.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:54 pm I forgot to write a thing for tedxtr because he was below the screen lol.

Tedxtr - Has felt off since the get go. I don't buy that he was playing scummy on purpose. If he was playing scummy on purpose why did he get upset for being scumread? Wouldn't that be the intention?
this is kind of a good point

idk i’m bad at reading him. he’s fooled me a lot in turbos as scum
Alison

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm [VOTE: alison] aubergine sorry pal but I gotta sheep sprit
Well, at least we know you aren't his buddy.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:31 am
:rolleyes: Let's not play this game.

I think juliets is just town. Catchup was good. Nothing amazingly standout but had a thread of town purity to it. I'm not going to gamble my life savings on this read, but she's done a good job redeeming the slot.

SPF is like, there are some reasons to read her town, but the energy hasn't come back yet and the un-asked for GTH is slightly scummy in a vacuum unless there's meta there. (Town just does whatever, scum feels more of a need to pigeonhole their reads so they can remember what those reads are and act in accordance to them. It simplifies matters for them when their goal is play-acting out the reads.) Let's say... still in the POE, but near the top of it.

Will catch up more as I go.
fwiw i just did that to force myself to take stances. if i didnt make myself give GTH reads then every other read i outed would be "null". it was more for my benefit than for everyone elses
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:29 am also i like those reads and agree with most of them. my notable disagreements are that i town lean radishes and tim. probably more so radishes. but i get why you see him as scummy because you don’t know his style. i also think samu has been pretty towny
yeah i have zero frame of reference for radishes style, but a lot of people are tr'ing him off of meta so i'm willing to listen. i just dont see a reason to tr him yet

also i like the way u responded to me fos'ing u. hm
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm Sprityo and Colin voting on Alison makes me just want to turbo one of them. Alison is the most obvious town I have ever seen and hiding behind excuses like "oh gee I can't trust her" is absolutely scummy as fuck. So what if she's good enough as mafia to fool people. Unless she's being anti town here (which she is absolutely not right now) and unless her content is strictly confusing to your read on the game, you should just townclear her.

Specifically I think Colin sheeping Sprityo on it is absolutely worthy of him having about 9 votes on him inside the next 90 minutes.
i didn’t like colin sheeping sprit on that vote because it kinda felt like hiding behind sprit’s push. sprit would be town if colin is scum because a wolf isn’t gonna sheep another wolf onto a villager so blatantly
Alison

Post by Alison »

Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:46 pm 🌚🌚🌚 Tell me more about this in a spoiler please.
nanook and Alison
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:13 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:10 pm People in my lock town reads are currently voting as such:

JPIC 1
Nutella 1
Oddmerta 1
Samusamu 1
tedxtr 1
tutuu 1
No one 1

Someone want to tell me what's wrong with this picture?
not enough votes on JPIC
Well that's a fair point. More to the point is that while we have this quite aligned towncore of people all reading each other town we aren't placing wagon pressure anywhere or working as a force.

Tutuu is also voting for no one, for what reason i will never know.

And finally there are votes on Samusamu and tutuu which make me want to slap those voters with a fish.
ok lets get a wagon going. lead the way mac
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Heyyyyy.... I'm not reading thirty pages. :noble:

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 am
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:46 pm 🌚🌚🌚 Tell me more about this in a spoiler please.
nanook and Alison
Can confirm
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:17 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:15 pm Nutella you should know extremely well that any time my “wording” makes you uncomfortable it means I’m town and I am devoting zero braincells to my play
no it was juliets' wording I didn't like

I've been pinged by the tone of literally all her posts so far
does jules ever not have that tone?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:54 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm [VOTE: alison] aubergine sorry pal but I gotta sheep sprit
Colin, did I miss something? I see you're sheeping sprityo but isn't there anything about Alison you can point to and say scum?
I want to trust Alison but she’s firmly in the can’t-ever-fully-trust camp for me unfortunately.
Strangely phrased sentence. It's like you are afraid of saying something too jarring like "I can never trust her" so you preface it with a lamentation to take the edge off. This is a mafia phrasing.
:nicenod:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:23 pm [VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

Real wagons only.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:44 am Heyyyyy.... I'm not reading thirty pages. :noble:
sup LC!

you dont need to worry about it, some unknown ability made Sloonei publicly reveal your role and alignment itt. we gucci
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:54 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Colin, did I miss something? I see you're sheeping sprityo but isn't there anything about Alison you can point to and say scum?
I want to trust Alison but she’s firmly in the can’t-ever-fully-trust camp for me unfortunately.
Strangely phrased sentence. It's like you are afraid of saying something too jarring like "I can never trust her" so you preface it with a lamentation to take the edge off. This is a mafia phrasing.
:nicenod:
Just as a contextless reaction, Colin's comment on Alison is suspicious.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:44 am Heyyyyy.... I'm not reading thirty pages. :noble:
sup LC!

you dont need to worry about it, some unknown ability made Sloonei publicly reveal your role and alignment itt. we gucci
Whaaaaaa? Well then, hello, fellow townsfolk! :beer:
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

I see 1610 was viciously taken from me
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

I'm back I'll continue to catch up, do mention me if you need me.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy... you tricked me!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:47 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 am
sup LC!

Whaaaaaa? Well then, hello, fellow townsfolk! :beer:
the consensus is that u should use ur ability on nutella for now, but its still up for debate
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dam
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LC please sink those pointy Canadian fangs into analysing nutella and Juliets for me plz. Juliets subbed in to Fallen Prince's slot btw.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 am Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy... you tricked me!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:48 pm Scumreading nutella tbh
why?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:49 amdam
I'm vanilla anyway. :workit:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:57 pm Wow I didn’t even know nutella was getting buried lol damn
squinting
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Actually, I'm not vanilla, my bad. I'm a bit drunk. I'll get on dat Jules and Nut thang.
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:49 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 am Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy... you tricked me!
ngl, this gif can make any heart melt
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:10 pm People in my lock town reads are currently voting as such:

JPIC 1
Nutella 1
Oddmerta 1
Samusamu 1
tedxtr 1
tutuu 1
No one 1

I thought about it but felt there was still time to push vanity. Will consolidate onto Colin if you wish.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Explain how you thought you were vanilla plz LC
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:15 pm JPIC needs more votes
i don’t object to this but i also wanna kill nut
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:53 am

JPIC 1
Nutella 1
Oddmerta 1
Samusamu 1
tedxtr 1
tutuu 1
No one 1

I thought about it but felt there was still time to push vanity. Will consolidate onto Colin if you wish.
Push whoever but actually push. We need to start creating viable wagons to force scum to make decisions.

Hally is playing more like g8 and less like jack attack and whatever the other game we’ve played was
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:16 pm Yep colin is clear.
Really? I don't see it sorry. I'm also not feeling a nook wagon but would be happy to go on JPIC or whatever.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:54 am Hally is playing more like g8 and less like jack attack and whatever the other game we’ve played was
This is why I’m scumreading her 🤷‍♀️
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 pm So my scumreads this game are gonna be LC...
:rolleyes: Kinda getting boring.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:07 am maybe poison is town
yea

Return to “Previous Jobs”