Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D5

Post by Mizery »

Lag stop making me want to call you town off of post formatting
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 434

Post by Mizery »

I've also already given reads on people.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

the ones I can't really figure are DDL, Jack, and Dizzy
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:57 pm the ones I can't really figure are DDL, Jack, and Dizzy
Why can't you figure me out? I'm right here lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:55 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:40 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 pmIk they don't always play completely logically but like.. altruistic framing? I can't get there.
Like, I don't know what the fuck he was doing. Maybe the post was just for his own amusement, so we would go wild trying to look in his posts for "signalling" when in reality he did none. There's literally no way to know. What he didn't do and honestly wouldn't do is single out the last mafia specifically to go "wink wink wink wink wink oink I'm about to flip mafia 3p IT ME". So in fact, this should spew me town. Not because he was trying to do anything specific, but because he would be careful not to spray mud on the last mafia with his last breath.

Like, if I was the last mafia, I'd have a pretty good reason to be pissed if he did that. That would be bad form. But HK doesn't have bad form. His form is sexy.
Lol
Yes. But do you see my point or no?
Arcbell
The Mark
Posts in topic: 448
Preferred Pronouns: he/him
Aka: Object

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:42 pm What have we learned?

Arc had no mercy in mafia.

He would probably ruthlessly buddy me, only to eat me for supper later.
Also, he's avatar is fully coffee tell
my wincon is always that the coffee outnumber the town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I've figured you out Mizery. You're town, and this game is going to be painful. P A I N.

Your turn.
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 361
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they/them
Aka: Luminous

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:56 pm I've also already given reads on people.
Repeat them for me, miz
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D3

Post by Mizery »

Mizery wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 am I'm banana, HK is me, Mac is Frink and you are you
fuck HK was banana and mac is you which means you're me and I'm frink
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:00 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 pmIk they don't always play completely logically but like.. altruistic framing? I can't get there.
Like, I don't know what the fuck he was doing. Maybe the post was just for his own amusement, so we would go wild trying to look in his posts for "signalling" when in reality he did none. There's literally no way to know. What he didn't do and honestly wouldn't do is single out the last mafia specifically to go "wink wink wink wink wink oink I'm about to flip mafia 3p IT ME". So in fact, this should spew me town. Not because he was trying to do anything specific, but because he would be careful not to spray mud on the last mafia with his last breath.

Like, if I was the last mafia, I'd have a pretty good reason to be pissed if he did that. That would be bad form. But HK doesn't have bad form. His form is sexy.
Lol
well like, I read this like you acting out a dramatic play on stage, playing both the part of hollowcat and yourself, and watching this play, yes it is fun, yes it is emotionally compelling. I can go along with your narrative and wholeheartedly believe it in the context of watching it, but I also know that it's just a play, only loosely based on the real life events.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D1

Post by Mizery »

Mizery wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:42 pm In fact scam implies that you felt pressure from me asking you, which doesn't make sense considering my status in thread right now (which i kinda think is non-existant?) Which implies that you're a wolf.
Mizery wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:26 pm LC is town because he's not townreading me- because he didn't put any sort of read on me. We've played a number of games as v/v and then recently a game as v/w ( i was the wolf) and I think if he is a wolf here he still townreads me as a pocket. not townreading me seems liek he's more scared of being wrong.

On the other hand. he hasn't even said a single thing about me. Which /is/ suspicious in that case. so. yeah. town idk ya know.
also @Lag

add to this i think porsche scumslipped by saying "I can't wait for the wacky pocketing"
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Anyways the point is I'm not too worried about voting wrong in all honesty.

[VOTE: porscha] aubergine
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D3

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Mizery wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 am I'm banana, HK is me, Mac is Frink and you are you
fuck HK was banana and mac is you which means you're me and I'm frink
No more memes, miz
Who's wolf, who's town, miz
I want ALL your reads, miz
Come lay em down, miz
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

You can't stop the meme
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:07 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:42 pm In fact scam implies that you felt pressure from me asking you, which doesn't make sense considering my status in thread right now (which i kinda think is non-existant?) Which implies that you're a wolf.
Mizery wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:26 pm LC is town because he's not townreading me- because he didn't put any sort of read on me. We've played a number of games as v/v and then recently a game as v/w ( i was the wolf) and I think if he is a wolf here he still townreads me as a pocket. not townreading me seems liek he's more scared of being wrong.

On the other hand. he hasn't even said a single thing about me. Which /is/ suspicious in that case. so. yeah. town idk ya know.
also @Lag

add to this i think porsche scumslipped by saying "I can't wait for the wacky pocketing"
Do you not believe Porscha's derp clear from last EoD?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 pm It's interesting that you think it's a possibility he was trying to make it look this way

Again he has 0 reason to make it look that way since death=loss. He's not a normal mafia team member who wants to throw town off after they flip. Were you voting him at that time?
If he is about to lose he could try to kingmake someone though, just like you were trying to help Mac win early out of the goodness of your heart. :suspish:

Now would he necessarily kingmake the other mafia? Maybe. Makes sense but I'm not sure. For that matter he did not vote day 3, so maybe there was some anti-spew.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 pm

also @Lag

no I don't tbh
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

k restarting

porscha
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm

also @Lag

no I don't tbh
Why?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:02 pm @Lag @Jack can you guys tell me I'm crazy if I'm crazy for thinking those quotes are Hollowcat trying to signal to Dizzy in a last-ditch effort to get them to unvote him?
I wouldn't say you're crazy but I'm not seeing it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:06 pmwell like, I read this like you acting out a dramatic play on stage, playing both the part of hollowcat and yourself, and watching this play, yes it is fun, yes it is emotionally compelling. I can go along with your narrative and wholeheartedly believe it in the context of watching it, but I also know that it's just a play, only loosely based on the real life events.
Dude.

I'm not the one with the narrative. You are.

The only reason you're having the discussion of "altruistic framing" is because you interpreted the post possible signalling in the first place.

In reality, I know shit about HK's actual reasons for posting what he did. It could be akin to "haha wifom" while he scratched his belly. He may not have thought about how it would reflect on me at all. He may or may not have had any clear intentions where he was.

My argument is that if HK thought there was a chance a mafia would get outed by something he posted in the last few minutes he was alive, he wouldn't do it. So he would be careful. You choose to take that in or not.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

--sort--
mac
posrcha

--unsort--
arc
lag
dragon
Dizzy
Jack
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 pm It's interesting that you think it's a possibility he was trying to make it look this way

Again he has 0 reason to make it look that way since death=loss. He's not a normal mafia team member who wants to throw town off after they flip. Were you voting him at that time?
If he is about to lose he could try to kingmake someone though, just like you were trying to help Mac win early out of the goodness of your heart. :suspish:

Now would he necessarily kingmake the other mafia? Maybe. Makes sense but I'm not sure. For that matter he did not vote day 3, so maybe there was some anti-spew.
Here's the problem I'm having.. what HK actually did with the signaling was too below the radar to be the result of some kind of "I'm gonna die, so you know what, I'm going to play kingmaker" decision. If HK announced in twilight that someone was mafia, then yes I'd be wondering if it's wifom or not.

The signal could directly benefit him though if it got Dizzy to unvote. And I don't buy that HK can't have been acting in self-interest just because dizzy thinks he didn't try hard enough to save himself otherwise..
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:14 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm

also @Lag

no I don't tbh
Why?
there's too many
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Lol
well like, I read this like you acting out a dramatic play on stage, playing both the part of hollowcat and yourself, and watching this play, yes it is fun, yes it is emotionally compelling. I can go along with your narrative and wholeheartedly believe it in the context of watching it, but I also know that it's just a play, only loosely based on the real life events.
In other words: You're the dramatist, and I don't even want to be in your shitty play. =p
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Dizzy what are your takes that aren't about the 3p soft and defending yourself
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:16 pmThe signal could directly benefit him though if it got Dizzy to unvote.
No, he couldn't.
And I don't buy that HK can't have been acting in self-interest just because dizzy thinks he didn't try hard enough to save himself otherwise..
That's your problem.
But if you believe this and that this could be the only interpretation, then vote me and stand behind it, you scoundrel.
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:17 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Lol
In other words: You're the dramatist, and I don't even want to be in your shitty play. =p
I get that this whole ball-game is being played out of left field. I'm not sold on there being anything to read into what HK said at all. But if we assume it was deliberate, I have a really hard time seeing any intention in it that doesn't imply you're maf
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:29 pm But I don't know who mafia is so.
Weird that you feel the need to remark that. :eye:
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:19 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:16 pmThe signal could directly benefit him though if it got Dizzy to unvote.
No, he couldn't.
And I don't buy that HK can't have been acting in self-interest just because dizzy thinks he didn't try hard enough to save himself otherwise..
That's your problem.
But if you believe this and that this could be the only interpretation, then vote me and stand behind it, you scoundrel.
You're still town on the whole
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

YO where TF is Jack???
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:22 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:29 pm But I don't know who mafia is so.
Weird that you feel the need to remark that. :eye:
But like... Is it, though? I mean like... Is it?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag I don't mean to intentionally ignore you but there isn't really anything i can say here

I already stated that most of my actual reads are dead and what's left is my poe which includes Porscha and Jack, and one of Arc/Lag/Dizzy but i can't identify two villagers there
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:18 pm Dizzy what are your takes that aren't about the 3p soft and defending yourself
That I don't know who mafia is. Every time I go back to look at "maybe it really is this person", I come back not really thinking so. Which is pretty much what I do in mafia.

I don't think it's DDL and I don't think it's you. My reasons may be bad.
I don't reeeeeally think it's Arc, but he's being a cod right now.
I'm apparently voting Jack, but I basically think that the only way he's scum is if he forgot to submit the NK. So it's probably not a good vote.
My gut wants to vote Lag, which I did not anticipate only some hours ago. They've been actually really towny, but everyone else just doesn't fit. And they fits, kind of, except they've been really towny.
I also don't really care much about Porscha's derps tbh. Mostly because mafia can derp too. (Inb4 how can mafia derp this wayyy) But I still don't think it's her.
So I don't really think it's anyone.

Also, don't insinuate that I haven't talked about takes. Because I've done that a hell of a lot more than you have. You can iso me.

I know this isn't terribly helpful.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:22 pmYou're still town on the whole
I know that lol
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I want Porscha and Jack to get here
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

What I find more compelling than derps from porscha is her gamestate takes
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm Lag I don't mean to intentionally ignore you but there isn't really anything i can say here

I already stated that most of my actual reads are dead and what's left is my poe which includes Porscha and Jack, and one of Arc/Lag/Dizzy but i can't identify two villagers there
Really though why is Porscha derp clear wrong.
Assume you die, wouldn't you want the town, which is near unanimously locking Porscha town off of that derp-clear, to know what you see? To know why you don't trust the derp-clear?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:19 pmI get that this whole ball-game is being played out of left field. I'm not sold on there being anything to read into what HK said at all. But if we assume it was deliberate, I have a really hard time seeing any intention in it that doesn't imply you're maf
And I think it's really weird that you think that, but ok. Do you know HK well? I still stand by everything I've said about this, and I think I've said enough.
But sure. Then you will just have to go with him not having a lot of intention.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm Lag I don't mean to intentionally ignore you but there isn't really anything i can say here

Assume you die, wouldn't you want the town, which is near unanimously locking Porscha town off of that derp-clear, to know what you see? To know why you don't trust the derp-clear?
I already said why

there's too many of them
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm

I already said why

there's too many of them
Too many reasons?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pmI already said why

there's too many of them
Wouldn't that imply they are fake and that she is mafia?

Ftr, I think fake derps are pretty rare tbh. Especially late game. I think both mafia and town can derp in ??? ways for ??? reasons, and I've seen it all happen. Like, I've seen town legit scum slip because of unfortunate totally correct assumptions they made.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

too many derps

hit one? fine, hit two? eh, fine. Keep derping over and over again? insisting you don't know what's going on? claim to have played more games than people originally thought to the point where you should have an ounce of an idea what's going on? yeah no
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm

I already said why

there's too many of them
Too many reasons?
Too many derps =p
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:30 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pmI already said why

there's too many of them
Wouldn't that imply they are fake and that she is mafia?

Ftr, I think fake derps are pretty rare tbh. Especially late game. I think both mafia and town can derp in ??? ways for ??? reasons, and I've seen it all happen. Like, I've seen town legit scum slip because of unfortunate totally correct assumptions they made.
what stance on porscha do you think i have right now
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

some derps are AI, some derps are NAI. the porscha derp was definitely an AI derp. as maf, porscha herself knows that mafia doesn't know who gg is because well... she doesn't know who gg is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, let's sort by dog name suitability. This always works.

Dizzy
Lag
Mac
Porscha
Dragon
Arcbell
Mizery

I guess it's just you, Mizery
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:31 pmwhat stance on porscha do you think i have right now
That's she's mafia. That's how you talk about it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

^Also, I don't think that mafia asks that question that Mizery did. Sue me.
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:32 pm Actually, let's sort by dog name suitability. This always works.

Dizzy
Lag
Mac
Porscha
Dragon
Arcbell
Mizery

I guess it's just you, Mizery
I'm leaning more toward

Dragon
Lag
Mac