Total votes: 10
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Lime Coke »

SPF taking stances to player's alignments might make her town this game.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:54 pm lime coke is posting well. his posts come off as thoughtful and carefully considered regardless of his alignment, but i think that his posting just being outright good is probably a towntell for him (and i do largely agree with jagged's assessment of him earlier on this page even if im not 100% in alignment)
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:54 pm SPF taking stances to player's alignments might make her town this game.
Nice timing, lmao.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

jagged's posts (particularly in the early game) did feel a bit "off" to me as well, but in a way that i find difficult to describe. if i had to put it into words, it would sound something like: "i feel like jagged is forcing himself to be curious about other peoples posts instead of letting the curiosity naturally come to him"

that said, i like the fact that my reads are largely in alignment with jagged's, and i think that some of the stuff that im picking up on is just a result of him playing a more low-key/less "leadership"-focused game, and that would probably make his posts feel different to me regardless of his alignment

this is a long way of saying that i dont really know jagged's alignment but that i'll figure it out
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:54 pm lime coke is posting well. his posts come off as thoughtful and carefully considered regardless of his alignment, but i think that his posting just being outright good is probably a towntell for him (and i do largely agree with jagged's assessment of him earlier on this page even if im not 100% in alignment)
oh i forgot to mention that i think the specific way lime coke approached townreading anne in the early-game is town indicative for him as well (because lime coke was reading anne through the lens of how much she was enjoying the game, which is something i would expect lime coke to be paying extra attention to because anne specifically mentioned that she was playing the game because of him), but it's one of those micro hyperspecific reads that i dont expect anyone else to vibe with lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also, i dont really have anything to say about anne right now that doesn't revolve specifically around meta/tone, so i'm holding back for a little bit until i decide what my read on her is. same with iaafr, somewhat
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ok i think ive given a preliminary opinion on everyone thats posted on d1

AMA
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:55 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:54 pm SPF taking stances to player's alignments might make her town this game.
Nice timing, lmao.
do you mind expanding on the read you just made on me a littttle bit more? i dont know why you would townread me for taking a stance on alignments specifically, but there's probably nuance to your read that im missing
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Actually, catching up with everything im pretty content In just calling alexa town for today.

I’m probably gonna try and conserve my posts from now since I only have like 20 left lol
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

I'm stepping off the SPF wagon since I'm not entirely comfortable with a wagon that has grown to four votes with little progression. [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine I notice that you just joined the wagon, and seemingly when SPF was starting to actually contribute, so why? Was there anything that pinged you?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

fwiw iaafr and anne's votes on me were both memes, im p sure
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:03 am
Nice timing, lmao.
do you mind expanding on the read you just made on me a littttle bit more? i dont know why you would townread me for taking a stance on alignments specifically, but there's probably nuance to your read that im missing
I looked at the end of 16/8 10er and saw you talk about that regarding your read list you made during that game.

Here you've stated reasonings to townread/scumread players and kept your stances pretty clear to others.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am I'm stepping off the SPF wagon since I'm not entirely comfortable with a wagon that has grown to four votes with little progression. [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine I notice that you just joined the wagon, and seemingly when SPF was starting to actually contribute, so why? Was there anything that pinged you?
That's...yeah I'm willing to vote that.

[VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine

Honestly if I don't come up with a good scumread I'm probably lobbying to yeet him no matter what.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 am
Nice timing, lmao.
I looked at the end of 16/8 10er and saw you talk about that regarding your read list you made during that game.

Here you've stated reasonings to townread/scumread players and kept your stances pretty clear to others.
i dont fully know what post youre referring to but im tempted to find it towny that youre comparing me to 16/8 10er at all lol
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 am
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am I'm stepping off the SPF wagon since I'm not entirely comfortable with a wagon that has grown to four votes with little progression. [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine I notice that you just joined the wagon, and seemingly when SPF was starting to actually contribute, so why? Was there anything that pinged you?

Honestly if I don't come up with a good scumread I'm probably lobbying to yeet him no matter what.
You can't kill a 2-shot cop :feb:
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 am

Number one, roles are not necessarily tied to alignments here, number two, if you are town you just painted a massive target on your back, and number three, you picked a really inorganic time to claim

Like seriously, I'm not sure why you felt the need to do that
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 am

Number one, roles are not necessarily tied to alignments here, number two, if you are town you just painted a massive target on your back, and number three, you picked a really inorganic time to claim

Wooosh (it's a joke)
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:12 am

Wooosh (it's a joke)
The self voting doesn't make me like you either
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 am

Wooosh (it's a joke)
I need to exaggerate the strength of my RVS wagon.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:37 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:33 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 pm i townread Nook now kinda, townread dyslexicon for doing nothing, i think they'd post more as scum, leetic i TR (so if he's mason w/illario then illario's prob town too, he's just annoying me)

iaafr and LC are lightly towny
if you tr'd leetic already why push illario so hard? did it not give you any pause on that
i'm not even pushing illario hard, nor am i pushing anne hard TBH her last post makes me think she may actually be town.
ok

just felt weird to me but i may be more affected by the claim bias than you are, i know i shouldnt weigh it too much but it inherently primed me to see illario from a townlean pov idk
this is a decent post

to the people who say nutella is super blatant as scum, is this a kinda post she can easily fake?
yes but it is definitely one of the towniest posts she's made so far
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:15 am
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 pm i townread Nook now kinda, townread dyslexicon for doing nothing, i think they'd post more as scum, leetic i TR (so if he's mason w/illario then illario's prob town too, he's just annoying me)

if you tr'd leetic already why push illario so hard? did it not give you any pause on that
i'm not even pushing illario hard, nor am i pushing anne hard TBH her last post makes me think she may actually be town.
ok

just felt weird to me but i may be more affected by the claim bias than you are, i know i shouldnt weigh it too much but it inherently primed me to see illario from a townlean pov idk
this is a decent post

to the people who say nutella is super blatant as scum, is this a kinda post she can easily fake?
My jab at LimeCoke is the towniest post in the game, so far
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:14 am

Wooosh (it's a joke)
RVS? People are actually making reads now. Either you're not paying attention or you're not taking this seriously, and either way I don't like it.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 am

ok

this is a decent post

i don't think that either of us believe this is true
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:18 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 am

ok

this is a decent post

i don't think that either of us believe this is true
You see right through me :smoky:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:18 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:14 am

Wooosh (it's a joke)
RVS? People are actually making reads now. Either you're not paying attention or you're not taking this seriously, and either way I don't like it.
Right, let me get my dice
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 am
Nice timing, lmao.

i dont fully know what post youre referring to but im tempted to find it towny that youre comparing me to 16/8 10er at all lol
I think your description of it was:

"I have a harsh volume tell, if I post at all I'm town."

When you post reads or give analysis of players in the game as mafia, you give generic commentary on what they've done during the game and don't say anything regarding how you read them. As town you're giving the alignment on the player based on their actions in the game.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the fact that illario was not immediately suspicious of the fact that he is one of my strongest townreads is probably the scummiest thing about him so far, but i refuse to expect our meta dynamic to play out in the exact same way every game. i'm going to #BreakTheCycle
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am
Nice timing, lmao.

When you post reads or give analysis of players in the game as mafia, you give generic commentary on what they've done during the game and don't say anything regarding how you read them. As town you're giving the alignment on the player based on their actions in the game.
hmm okay thanks, i think i get you and if i questioned you on it any further it would be more for the sake of ego than for actually figuring out your alignment :P
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:28 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am
Nice timing, lmao.

hmm okay thanks, i think i get you and if i questioned you on it any further it would be more for the sake of ego than for actually figuring out your alignment :P
Good job finishing Deck Mafia 4 btw, I'm glad I gave you the vest. :D
I'll boost your ego anyways.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

I am here to do farts
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

*farts*
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by falcon45ca »

I am town!

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

anyone wanna chat about anything before i dip from the thread for the night?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 am the fact that illario was not immediately suspicious of the fact that he is one of my strongest townreads is probably the scummiest thing about him so far, but i refuse to expect our meta dynamic to play out in the exact same way every game. i'm going to #BreakTheCycle
Believe me, I was. But I held back because I wanted to conserve posts and because I was suspicious of your early tr on me in the last two turbos we played, so I ignored it and figured maybe your confidence in getting me right so early in those games carried over to how you’re reading me here.

Also to make sure this isn’t a total waste of a post I’m gonna post something now that I didn’t intend to plan on posting so early for thread health reasons but I may as well make this post count.

If town can’t find a elim we all agree on today we don’t shrugyeet a low poster, we yeet NAA. If there’s a vig in this setup and you’re unsure who to shoot, you shoot NAA. To explain why, I played one game with him and in that game:

-he antagonized the entire lobby
-shut down the town leaders due to his own personal reasons that weren’t game related
-forced a poe on everyone to follow that had 90% town in it
- refuses to explain a single read in his horrible poe
- scumread people for trying to question that terrible poe
- tried to speed up days by getting town speedyeeted for no reason
- after he finished doing all that he cemented his game throwing ways by self voting in lylo and letting mafia blitz him.

I thought maybe he was just having a bad time outside of the game and maybe that translated into his play that game and that was a one off for him bad game for him But I get a sinking feeling that’s not the case. Essentially what I’m saying is idc about his alignment, it’s always +ev to get rid of him if he refuses to work with the lobby before he gets a chance to hold the thread hostage like he did last time and I STRONGLY encourage any vig to shoot him because of it.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 am anyone wanna chat about anything before i dip from the thread for the night?
What is the worst flavored coke?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

i do think hes >rand town so far fwiw but i maintain that hes a good vig shot regardless.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 am the fact that illario was not immediately suspicious of the fact that he is one of my strongest townreads is probably the scummiest thing about him so far, but i refuse to expect our meta dynamic to play out in the exact same way every game. i'm going to #BreakTheCycle
Believe me, I was. But I held back because I wanted to conserve posts and because I was suspicious of your early tr on me in the last two turbos we played, so I ignored it and figured maybe your confidence in getting me right so early in those games carried over to how you’re reading me here.

Also to make sure this isn’t a total waste of a post I’m gonna post something now that I didn’t intend to plan on posting so early for thread health reasons but I may as well make this post count.

If town can’t find a elim we all agree on today we don’t shrugyeet a low poster, we yeet NAA. If there’s a vig in this setup and you’re unsure who to shoot, you shoot NAA. To explain why, I played one game with him and in that game:

-shut down the town leaders due to his own personal reasons that weren’t game related
- after he finished doing all that he cemented his game throwing ways by self voting in lylo and letting mafia blitz him.

I thought maybe he was just having a bad time outside of the game and maybe that translated into his play that game and that was a one off for him bad game for him But I get a sinking feeling that’s not the case. Essentially what I’m saying is idc about his alignment, it’s always +ev to get rid of him if he refuses to work with the lobby before he gets a chance to hold the thread hostage like he did last time and I STRONGLY encourage any vig to shoot him because of it.
Glad we're on the same page here regarding this, and no, it's not a 1 time deal because he basically gamethrew Fortune of Lies as well. It's best to vig him or get him dead by any means necessary and never let him end game.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:53 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 am anyone wanna chat about anything before i dip from the thread for the night?
What is the worst flavored coke?
diet coke is a disgusting blunder of god
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

lel
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:55 am

Glad we're on the same page here regarding this, and no, it's not a 1 time deal because he basically gamethrew Fortune of Lies as well. It's best to vig him or get him dead by any means necessary and never let him end game.
I don't plan on voting anybody else for as long as he still has a self vote

To quote Mikey:
ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:34 pm Way too much omgus in this game.
I'm more in OMGIS mode right now. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
If you are town then this means you believe you are the best lynch.
I didn't vote for the self-voter in that game and that's a mistake I won't repeat again.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:55 am

Listen, I understand why you're upset, it's just a game. If it will make you feel better, I don't mind if you vote parking me.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:50 pm I think I can place a townread on IAAFR, mainly for this post:
iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:47 pm ok I scumread the earlier uwu but I think I townread this one
It's weird but I can see this being a legitimate thought process that I might understand?
Which I'm guessing is "SPF responding to reasoning to scumread her by doing the exact same thing" is the reason?
It's small but it's a start and it's something I can at least explain somewhat.
oh no the only reason LC has to correctly townread me is a joke read that I didn't actually believe in oh noooooooooo
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:11 am
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:50 pm I think I can place a townread on IAAFR, mainly for this post:
iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:47 pm ok I scumread the earlier uwu but I think I townread this one
It's weird but I can see this being a legitimate thought process that I might understand?
Which I'm guessing is "SPF responding to reasoning to scumread her by doing the exact same thing" is the reason?
oh no the only reason LC has to correctly townread me is a joke read that I didn't actually believe in oh noooooooooo
God dammit and I thought I finally understood your thought process.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

tbf your guess is like, a fair reason for why that would be towny of spf to uwu again, but I mainly made that post because I thought it was funny, without having thought too much about whether it was a valid + good townread

just keep townreading me and you'll be right though :D
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

[VOTE: marmot] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:37 am I am town!

I am a fart
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:11 am
Debunking another person's reason for townreading someone is not something that scum do, this provides another reason to solidify my townreading of this slot
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:37 am I am town!

One post in the thread isn't much of "works". What's your read on Nanook?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am I am here to do farts
You too should be doing more. Anyways, with this post I think I'm at a combined 54 posts remaining with my partner for the day, and I need to finish my geology project, so I think I'll head out for the night unless someone does something ridiculously scummy.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

my alignment is fart aligned
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

that's the second time somebodys made the "wouldn't shoot down townreads as scum" read on me recently and all I can think is I can't wait to subvert it and do it as scum, but i may never get the chance to
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I should be doing more you say?

i agree

more farts

Return to “Previous Rackets”