63%

Total votes: 16
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 670
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Marmot wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm Why not lynch nova then dunya?

wolbre is probably indie-sided-scum if he is scum. Nova is probably actually scum. I don't like your approach here. :eye:
If Dunya is scum with Nova, she lets us lynch Kyle.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The only player I’d consider lynching over Kyle is TH.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, lynching wolbre might not be the worst thing. He and Sloonei (both probably indies) are voting together right now. If we find out wolbre's alignment, we can get an idea of where Sloonei's aligned, and maybe even other players like Kyle and jack.

It makes things rather complicated for Day 9, if we even get there, but today just feels incredibly muddy, and it just occured to me that this lynch of wolbre might provide some clarity.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 517
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 pm I'm fine dying or having Kyle die. I think he is scum, you think I am scum, but I am town.
Lynching myself will clear me from your muddy player list and help for clarity
Fucking why? It’s likely lylo. There are no players who should be okay being lynched. You should be fighting tooth and nail to save yourself.

@Kylemii
You too.

If a townie or town aligned neutral decides to be lynched and we lose tonight, you will go down in Jack’s hall of shame, like the jester who voted when there were 3 players left.
kind of a gross thing to say when you pushed my lynch more than anyone. I defended myself plenty, you ignored most of it. take responsibility for your own actions and do better next time and I'll try to do the same.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Cause if TH thinks I’m mafia, he should be doing something about it.

It’s a fake read because he’s not invested in it.

So my POE is the same. :(
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm Why not lynch nova then dunya?

wolbre is probably indie-sided-scum if he is scum. Nova is probably actually scum. I don't like your approach here. :eye:
nah.

if wolbre is scum, nova is scum.

nova's scumminess depends on wolbre being scum and them being connected to the colin bus scenario with speed. I had nova as my biggest town read till I iso'd wolbre. why would I lynch nova first?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 pm Actually, lynching wolbre might not be the worst thing. He and Sloonei (both probably indies) are voting together right now. If we find out wolbre's alignment, we can get an idea of where Sloonei's aligned, and maybe even other players like Kyle and jack.

It makes things rather complicated for Day 9, if we even get there, but today just feels incredibly muddy, and it just occured to me that this lynch of wolbre might provide some clarity.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm Cause if TH thinks I’m mafia, he should be doing something about it.

I honestly hate how TH has played since he started tunneling you, but I'm gonna pray he's 3p and not more arsed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 pm I'm fine dying or having Kyle die. I think he is scum, you think I am scum, but I am town.
Fucking why? It’s likely lylo. There are no players who should be okay being lynched. You should be fighting tooth and nail to save yourself.

@Kylemii
You too.

If a townie or town aligned neutral decides to be lynched and we lose tonight, you will go down in Jack’s hall of shame, like the jester who voted when there were 3 players left.
kind of a gross thing to say when you pushed my lynch more than anyone. I defended myself plenty, you ignored most of it. take responsibility for your own actions and do better next time and I'll try to do the same.
No.

I’m doing my damned best. If I’m right, you can ask no more of me so I can and perhaps need to do exactly what I’m doing.

If you’re town, you know we’re heading down the wrong path and if we lose because you give up, that’s on you.

Gimmie all your reads, all your tinfoils, all your assumptions.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

if wolbre is indie then his lynch keeps 3 gauranteed town votes alive at endgame, if wolbre isn't indie then there's a decent enough chance that he's mafia

does anyone have a reason to specifically read wolbre as town?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm if wolbre is indie then his lynch keeps 3 gauranteed town votes alive at endgame, if wolbre isn't indie then there's a decent enough chance that he's mafia

does anyone have a reason to specifically read wolbre as town?
he was a strong supporter of the colin lynch vs sloonei before it was certain colin was getting lynched instead of sloonei. that's the only point he has in his favor if we don't call it bussing.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Y'know we could always CFD lynch Jack and either win solidly or lose mercifully
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm Cause if TH thinks I’m mafia, he should be doing something about it.

I honestly hate how TH has played since he started tunneling you, but I'm gonna pray he's 3p and not more arsed.
Should be really be praying at this point?

If TH is bad, how has this strategy hurt the mafia? He didn’t even have to vote Speed and nobody cared.

If he’s good, how has it helped the town?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've helped the town plenty but the only way I'll ever get any glory for it is if I'm right about [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] ck.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think someone pointed out that my voting record (and accompanying context) is pretty good for a half-assed townip head
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 pm I think someone pointed out that my voting record (and accompanying context) is pretty good for a half-assed townip head
I thought you voted off lynch half the game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

actually, I pointed out it was too clean.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I only point it out cuz I kinda get the feeling that the baddies arw ready to smear my rep if I lose :puppy:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And the baddies are obvo paying different attention to my posts than townies are. I want this all on the record in case I'm a genius.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t think Wolbre would even know if Sloonei was indy. No idea why the Wol/Sloon indy theory is popular at all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 pm I don’t think Wolbre would even know if Sloonei was indy. No idea why the Wol/Sloon indy theory is popular at all.
Chiming in here to say it’s a very dumb theory.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

When I went after Speed (who was bad), TH was happy to put forth a scenario where I (a townie) should be lynched if I was right.

He was happy to let Scotty take the lead on that and take the fall.

Then when Scotty was lynched, he neither doubled his efforts against me nor re-evaluated them.

He’s just in the corner, occasionally reminding people he thinks I’m bad but has no intention of doing anything about it, even as we rapidly approach game end and the player I voted for at the beginning of the phase is about to hang.

Gth, it’s an excuse to coast. If Kyle’s town, irs an excuse to let him swing.

Why is Kyle not all over TH?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Half of that is just blatantly false. I defended Scotty like a mama bear when you were after him. I'm going to use that as my final example of my talking points being overlooked.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We should be running up a tally.

3 vs 2 votes is not ideal at potential lylo...
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm @Golden what's ur recent history? did u play/host many games while i wasn't around
first thing that pinged me early on from Kyle was that he asked Golden questions but didn't bother getting info from Choutas or wolbre who he had never played with, or ask TH some questions (someone who like Golden he hadn't played with in ages).

Kyle's meta is to be inquisitive and he does it in both alliances, but I felt like he really didn't follow up too much early in the game (and I know I called him out on it). Sloonei mentioned today that Kyle, even in GoC, claimed to be "tired", so maybe Kyle's just tired. he said something similar to me when I called him out on a change of playstyle...how he's trying to keep the game fun and light for himself. It's a strange position tbh, unless something has been weighing Kyle down in these games: i.e. added stress of being scum.

see below:
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:43 am

@JaggedJimmyJay clarification question, what is meant here by neutralize?
Defeat.
that's not what i asked :/

in the context of this game does neutralize mean get rid of all of? in order to achieve the secret special bonus victory does that require 100% death of the alternative town faction or does it just require a numerical majority.
:shrug:
>:[
Kyle, how will this help you? Why are you giving mr potato head eyes to the host
knowing and understanding the basic mechanics of the game is important to me, the potato head eyes are in response to the wretched infernal shruggy boy

if special victory+ requires only having a basic majority (i.e. just having one more guy than the other guys have at the end of the game) then that wouldn't be so bad. if victory+ requires all of the other side to be lynched then it would be impractical to pursue in any way.

as it is, i don't see that mechanic as being worth paying attention to
this is the kind of post I expect from Kyle. not the explanation on why he asked what he did but like the whole game mechanic theorizing. to claim that it tires him out or makes the game less fun, or whatever, just seems really odd and out of character for kyle. I felt the whole exchange with scotty and his response was so forced and like he had to make an effort to explain himself rather than explaining himself effortlessly because his intentions are very open and easy to read.

just get really bad vibes from kyle the whole game re: these points and what I consider a large part of how I town read him meta-wise.

oh look, here's a post I made on Day 1 about Kyle
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm yeah I'm kinda stumped by Kyle's ISO. he's literally only addressed Golden and JJJ so far and answered one question from Scotty.

There's a couple more players he's never played with...I'd have expected him to ask them some questions (Choutas, wolbre) and he's not played with Turnip Head for ages too..why isn't he asking him the same questions?

and Kyle later addresses wolbre and Choutas after I make that observation.

---

I'm gonna post this now and keep posting thoughts till eod as I go through the ISO. I don't wanna address points that Jack has already brought up about Kyle (2/3 I found compelling), so I'm trying to bring different angles into this atm with the time I have.

sorry i'm slow guys, i'm just really hating isoing people these days.. :/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Night 5]

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 pmScotty did neither. He kept his vote on me and when that didn’t happen, switched his vote to Nova. He didn’t evaluate my case because his mind was made up. Jack should be discredited and lynched. Cause Jack hasn’t tried very hard yet and he’d go quietly, not because Scotty ever thought Jack was mafia.

So much for that plan.
I like where your heart's at but I wanna make sure your brain catches up :kadaj: Don't h8 on scotty too much imo I like his gumption
Mama bear sleeping on the job.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm

@Kylemii
You too.

No.

I’m doing my damned best. If I’m right, you can ask no more of me so I can and perhaps need to do exactly what I’m doing.

If you’re town, you know we’re heading down the wrong path and if we lose because you give up, that’s on you.

I know. I believe you when you say that, because you say the exact same thing every time you try to mislynch me and i give up because you're exhausting to debate with. So take this one as a learning opportunity and accept that you don't know how to read me, so you can try to be better at it in the future. and I swear I'm not saying this in a passive aggressive "you made me die, you jerk" way. I just legitimately wish you'd put effort into learning my meta and playstyle.

And I already told you I can't post much rn cus I'm out shopping, I've posted my thoughts, I'll try to post more, and recap my thoughts when I get back in the car, for posterity sake I guess.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 6]

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:42 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm You're going too hard on scotty imo. I like him this game.
Why?

What about Marmot? What about Bob?
It's not really something I can explain... I sense his towniness :shrug2:

I don't have anything to say about Marmot or Bob atm. I think Sloonei looks slimy
Overprotective mama bear.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:22 pm Kyle, why did you question Golden's mafia history?
cus the information wasn't readily available in a public format, asking him about it was quicker than looking myself.
again, I feel disconnected from this reasoning. like, it's not authentic...it's just there.

there were 3 other players. TH, who he hadn't played with in ages (like Golden), Choutas (who he had never played with) and wolbre. he completely singled out golden because and did what kyle does to fall within meta but i don't think he tried really hard because well, he was faking it this time and didn't have to really analyze to figure out people's alignments.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm

@Kylemii
You too.

No.

I know. I believe you when you say that, because you say the exact same thing every time you try to mislynch me and i give up because you're exhausting to debate with. So take this one as a learning opportunity and accept that you don't know how to read me, so you can try to be better at it in the future. and I swear I'm not saying this in a passive aggressive "you made me die, you jerk" way. I just legitimately wish you'd put effort into learning my meta and playstyle.

And I already told you I can't post much rn cus I'm out shopping, I've posted my thoughts, I'll try to post more, and recap my thoughts when I get back in the car, for posterity sake I guess.
do you think you've played like your usual civ self in this game, Kyle?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm

@Kylemii
You too.

No.

Vote TH so we can have a hot potato option.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]dunya[/mention]
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
[mention]Marmot[/mention]

Gth read on TH please.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm You're going too hard on scotty imo. I like him this game.
Why?

I don't have anything to say about Marmot or Bob atm. I think Sloonei looks slimy
Compared to the other reads you asked me for in that same quote, I'd say I went out of my way to try to keep Scotty alive.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:53 pmdo you think you've played like your usual civ self in this game, Kyle?
dunya i don't care about that at all

i set out to play this game in a way that was more fun for me and less needlessly stressful (and thusly less anxiety inducing in the long term) and i think i accomplished that, other than i guess, specifically this part of the game, where you're trying to kill me for it.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

town TH.

Vote wolbre!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm
Why?

Compared to the other reads you asked me for in that same quote, I'd say I went out of my way to try to keep Scotty alive.
But my point was you didn’t actually try to save him.

Relativity doesn’t enter into it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

anyways I guess I'm gonna die. please review novaselinever in earnest this time

my other thoughts have been recorded in my posts.

you guys can do this, good luck
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 pm i don't feel like reading rn

why should i vote for Sloonei over Colin or likewise why Colin over Sloonei?
so...I feel like this is the 5th or 6th time I've read "I can't catch up" "I wont bother catching up" "I don't feel like reading" from Kyle.

and every time he's asking other people for opinions and summaries and kinda latches on.

the kyle I know does his own digging and theorizing and makes connections or observations no one's really thought of. :/

is this what burn out looks like
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya you have 1 minute to vote
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 pm @dunya
@Sloonei
@Marmot

Gth read on TH please.
3p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]dunya[/mention] change to wolbre
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:53 pmdo you think you've played like your usual civ self in this game, Kyle?
dunya i don't care about that at all

i set out to play this game in a way that was more fun for me and less needlessly stressful (and thusly less anxiety inducing in the long term) and i think i accomplished that, other than i guess, specifically this part of the game, where you're trying to kill me for it.
ok...is this more stressful cos you're bad?

i'm sorry if we stressed you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm @dunya change to wolbre
I'm already on wolbre...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The suspense is killing me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the Kyle you know will do whatever he can to avoid hard work up to and including tricking other people into doing it for them through flattery :0

I only do my own work when it's necessary.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@Sloonei
@Marmot

Gth read on TH please.
why did you ask us to do this in the last few minutes of the day? were you seriously considering switching to TH??
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'll never hot potato on anyone in my life. record this quote and use it against me any time you feel like it. NEVER.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm the Kyle you know will do whatever he can to avoid hard work up to and including tricking other people into doing it for them through flattery :0

I only do my own work when it's necessary.
I don't believe this :(
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pmok...is this more stressful cos you're bad?

i'm sorry if we stressed you.
no

mafia is stressful in general cus it's a game that I'm very bad at and half the time don't even like but play for I guess... social validation or something? community maybe. I push myself to try to be good but I'm not actually good and that's why I don't make cases and stick to the sidelines.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm
@Sloonei
@Marmot

Gth read on TH please.
why did you ask us to do this in the last few minutes of the day? were you seriously considering switching to TH??
Semi.

Wanted to see how Kyle would react (not at all lol).

In seriousness, TH has passed Kyle in my own little read list as top scum but Kyle is quite a way past Wolbre. I’ve never played with either before so my hope is to POE the good/indy guy from the bad by consensus.

Return to “Previous Jobs”