[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: [NIGHT 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I did not.

Why do you see it as bogus?
It was extremely specific in nature. It took one basic question and turned it into a nuanced mafia strategy to identify the protective role.
DrWilgy wrote:Thought it would help you + I'm here currently. Who is your top pick for sk?
Could be anyone. My focus has been on mafia. I wouldn't expect it to be someone who has taken a severe stance against confirmed mafia like Rico, because that begs for a nightkill (assuming the *secrets* portion of the SK role doesn't include bulletproof or something OP like that).
DrWilgy wrote:Fuzz never lives this long so idk.
What do you think then of the theory I have proposed as being the motivator for those questions he's asked?
How so? Also, calling a single point on a case "specific in nature" is odd. The only reason why it was specific is because you specified it out from the rest of my interaction with Chou. Also, referring to the question as a basic one is also flawed. Even Matt F noticed the question and pointed out that it was scummy.

Would you be willing to vote for Rico then?

As far as I'm concerned his question style is the same as always. Whenever Fuzz is alive, his questions are similar to as they are now.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Guess what? It's that time again!

Love for Sale is accepting offers for its Day 11 vote! PM the hosts!

Apologies for failing to announce this (again) at start of Night 10.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I will discuss potential extension of Day 11 with Sloonei and get back to you folks later.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, just 549 more posts and this game becomes the mafia game on The Syndicate with the most posts.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:How so? Also, calling a single point on a case "specific in nature" is odd. The only reason why it was specific is because you specified it out from the rest of my interaction with Chou. Also, referring to the question as a basic one is also flawed. Even Matt F noticed the question and pointed out that it was scummy.

As far as I'm concerned his question style is the same as always. Whenever Fuzz is alive, his questions are similar to as they are now.[/quote]

It's not specific because I pulled it from your case, it's specific because you attached a single night kill to a single other player based upon what I consider a dubious premise.

I said I don't think Rico is likely to be the serial killer. I am also not especially interested in lynching the serial killer immediately because I think the mafia remain the bigger problem -- unless someone can produce a truly conclusive case and not highly speculative theorizing.

Please give me a GTH read on Fuzz.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EBWOP quote repair.
DrWilgy wrote:How so? Also, calling a single point on a case "specific in nature" is odd. The only reason why it was specific is because you specified it out from the rest of my interaction with Chou. Also, referring to the question as a basic one is also flawed. Even Matt F noticed the question and pointed out that it was scummy.

As far as I'm concerned his question style is the same as always. Whenever Fuzz is alive, his questions are similar to as they are now.
It's not specific because I pulled it from your case, it's specific because you attached a single night kill to a single other player based upon what I consider a dubious premise.

I said I don't think Rico is likely to be the serial killer. I am also not especially interested in lynching the serial killer immediately because I think the mafia remain the bigger problem -- unless someone can produce a truly conclusive case and not highly speculative theorizing.

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess what? It's that time again!

Love for Sale is accepting offers for its Day 11 vote! PM the hosts!

Apologies for failing to announce this (again) at start of Night 10.
Oh, cool, I was already starting to count him as dead in the Night 9 massacre. :puppy:
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

No. I'm not accusing you of doing something stupid, I'm accusing you of doing something rather brilliant. Of course people's reads can change, but that is definitely not going to stop any mafia player from trying to get a good read on how to maneuver the kills and lynches to give themselves the best chance when LyLo arrives. The questions you've been asking appear to stem from the void, and they make it seem like you're actively working to better understand players by asking them read-relevant questions. From there comes the wave of town reads on RadicalFuzz that you've claimed to loathe.

This would not be an illogical strategy. This is not a backwards strategy. It is literally not an accusation I've ever made before -- you're the first. You're going to have to tell me exactly what you really had to gain from those questions or I'm going to have no reason to change my mind
I'm going to answer, but I want to say something before that. Keep an open mind. You have so far, and I'm not trying to insinuate otherwise, but I've seen a lot of players go down the road of "This would be smart for X to do as Mafia, wouldn't it? Therefore it must be what's happening and I have to stop it!"

List of my LyLo questions you had a bit ago, with my reasons in yellow:
J3, gun to your head LYLO, would you lynch me or motel room?
I wanted to verify the extent of your townread on me and assess your opinion of a player I hadn't been paying attention to
Sorry about that earlier J3, I forgot to add the actual statement. If you had to be stranded on the moon with three people from this game, which three would you take to avoid getting stabbed in the back?
This was to measure who you townread the strongest. As I said afterwards, I expected your strongest reads to be first by virtue of most likely logical thought process
J3 I'm aware you're out at the moment, but I want your opinion on something.
Ignoring the possibility of being lynched, what night phase do you think Wilgy will get killed?
Thanks for the clarification Bullzeye.
I wanted your opinion on Wilgy. A response of "he won't" or very far from now would mean you think he's scum, and similarly if you thought he was massively town you would say he would be killed very quickly
The reversed question also applies to Wilgy. Ignoring the possibility of J3 being lynched, what night phase do you think he will get killed?
Same as above
Wilgy, if you had to vote between J3 and Rico, gun to your head LYLO, who would you choose?
Curious on his opinion on those two players. I know where I stand on you but
J3, weird question, but could you tell me your cleanest 3 players? Excluding yourself, of course.

Same question as the "stranded" question directed at you earlier. Wanted your updated opinion on your townreads
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Oh god that was a horrible color. Fixing now.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

No. I'm not accusing you of doing something stupid, I'm accusing you of doing something rather brilliant. Of course people's reads can change, but that is definitely not going to stop any mafia player from trying to get a good read on how to maneuver the kills and lynches to give themselves the best chance when LyLo arrives. The questions you've been asking appear to stem from the void, and they make it seem like you're actively working to better understand players by asking them read-relevant questions. From there comes the wave of town reads on RadicalFuzz that you've claimed to loathe.

This would not be an illogical strategy. This is not a backwards strategy. It is literally not an accusation I've ever made before -- you're the first. You're going to have to tell me exactly what you really had to gain from those questions or I'm going to have no reason to change my mind
I'm going to answer, but I want to say something before that. Keep an open mind. You have so far, and I'm not trying to insinuate otherwise, but I've seen a lot of players go down the road of "This would be smart for X to do as Mafia, wouldn't it? Therefore it must be what's happening and I have to stop it!"

List of my LyLo questions you had a bit ago, with my reasons in red:
J3, gun to your head LYLO, would you lynch me or motel room?
I wanted to verify the extent of your townread on me and assess your opinion of a player I hadn't been paying attention to
Sorry about that earlier J3, I forgot to add the actual statement. If you had to be stranded on the moon with three people from this game, which three would you take to avoid getting stabbed in the back?
This was to measure who you townread the strongest. As I said afterwards, I expected your strongest reads to be first by virtue of most likely logical thought process
J3 I'm aware you're out at the moment, but I want your opinion on something.
Ignoring the possibility of being lynched, what night phase do you think Wilgy will get killed?
Thanks for the clarification Bullzeye.
I wanted your opinion on Wilgy. A response of "he won't" or very far from now would mean you think he's scum, and similarly if you thought he was massively town you would say he would be killed very quickly
The reversed question also applies to Wilgy. Ignoring the possibility of J3 being lynched, what night phase do you think he will get killed?
Same as above
Wilgy, if you had to vote between J3 and Rico, gun to your head LYLO, who would you choose?
Curious on his opinion on those two players. I know where I stand on you but
J3, weird question, but could you tell me your cleanest 3 players? Excluding yourself, of course.

Same question as the "stranded" question directed at you earlier. Wanted your updated opinion on your townreads
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Bullzeye being mafia is not supported by Epignosis's theory, for what it's worth
Of the living players implicated by that theory, who do you lean toward?
Jay, same question to you.

Same to everyone else.

If Epignosis's theory is correct that the PSK missed the Night 5 kill because of inactivity, which player do you think is most likely to be the PSK based on players who did not post that night.

The candidates are bcornett (NK'd by mafia last night), Diiny, DrWilgy, and motel room.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:EBWOP quote repair.

And that attachment is a bad thing? When I gave Choutas many chances to comment on bcornett? When in one of my questions to Choutas that he responded to, I mentioned bcornett and he stated nothing?

JJJ plz

GTH Fuzz is civvie

GTH, who is the SK? Don't dance around it as if you have no idea.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Bullzeye being mafia is not supported by Epignosis's theory, for what it's worth

Same to everyone else.

If Epignosis's theory is correct that the PSK missed the Night 5 kill because of inactivity, which player do you think is most likely to be the PSK based on players who did not post that night.

The candidates are bcornett (NK'd by mafia last night), Diiny, DrWilgy, and motel room.
If the theory is accurate, then Diiny. Apart from his pseudo-aggressive Day 1 I think he has mostly been non-threatening and willing to follow the trails carved by other players instead of carving his own.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Same to everyone else.

Diiny or Wilgy. Diiny's extended miss (N5 and D6 - didn't he technically step outside the 72-hour mark, btw?) would make me lean on him, then again why would an SK miss on his near lynch, especially as part of a counterwagon to save someone else. This detail makes me lean on Wilgy, instead.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:And that attachment is a bad thing? When I gave Choutas many chances to comment on bcornett? When in one of my questions to Choutas that he responded to, I mentioned bcornett and he stated nothing?

JJJ plz
I think it could be interpreted as bad. Hence my interrogation. You also hounded bcornett himself with questions all game long and gave him crap for missing them and that could be viewed in the same light.
DrWilgy wrote:GTH, who is the SK? Don't dance around it as if you have no idea.
Why do you think I have any idea? I don't.

I've offered an explanation for Bullzeye as the SK, and just now Diiny too. Hunting the SK has not been a big component of my mindset at any point in this game because the mafia have been enjoying the lead for a long while.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Diiny or Wilgy. Diiny's extended miss (N5 and D6 - didn't he technically step outside the 72-hour mark, btw?) would make me lean on him, then again why would an SK miss on his near lynch, especially as part of a counterwagon to save someone else. This detail makes me lean on Wilgy, instead.
If a guy isn't here then he isn't here -- whether he's about to be lynched or not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone please contest me, because my confidence level is increasing:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think your final two or three mafia are in this group:

RadicalFuzz
Bullzeye
Russtifinko
DrWilgy*
Diiny*

*darkhorse picks

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
Look where your top 2 scumreads sit, Jay.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Diiny or Wilgy. Diiny's extended miss (N5 and D6 - didn't he technically step outside the 72-hour mark, btw?) would make me lean on him, then again why would an SK miss on his near lynch, especially as part of a counterwagon to save someone else. This detail makes me lean on Wilgy, instead.
If a guy isn't here then he isn't here -- whether he's about to be lynched or not.
I don't remember the specifics of Diiny's absence being total lack of reach to play or observe the game anymore, so I can't take it at face value that he was gone and that's that, unless he can come and clarify.

If, on the other hand, he had even the slightest means to at least check on the situation, why would a SK Diiny not express any gesture towards almost getting killed, in a feud totally not involving him, but whether another play is civ or mafia? It'd be an "oh no I might get clipped, how about I keep doing nothing" nonsensical approach to surviving this game as the SK.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
I remember Mac doing with Fuzz a "ur cum... nah just messing with ya, ur town, Wilgy is cum" thingy.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:And that attachment is a bad thing? When I gave Choutas many chances to comment on bcornett? When in one of my questions to Choutas that he responded to, I mentioned bcornett and he stated nothing?

JJJ plz
I think it could be interpreted as bad. Hence my interrogation. You also hounded bcornett himself with questions all game long and gave him crap for missing them and that could be viewed in the same light.
DrWilgy wrote:GTH, who is the SK? Don't dance around it as if you have no idea.
Why do you think I have any idea? I don't.

I've offered an explanation for Bullzeye as the SK, and just now Diiny too. Hunting the SK has not been a big component of my mindset at any point in this game because the mafia have been enjoying the lead for a long while.
In regards to the Bcornett hounding vs Chou hounding, Choutas reacted and responded to my questions, but for some reason didn't touch the name bcornett, even though he had quoted my question with his name in it. Bcornett seemed to have no reaction to my questions, until he went back and found them, where he did responded fully and understandably.

JJJ, how are you so sure mafia are in the lead? :eye:

I'm heading out for awhile shortly. Probably won't respond to anything in awhile.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:JJJ, how are you so sure mafia are in the lead? :eye:
I am not *sure*, but it's a strong hunch given the names that the SK has removed from the game. I don't think any of them were mafia except maybe HamburgerBoy, and I'm not going to gamble the game on that possibility.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

J3, does my response satisfy you? What did you expect Wilgy to say, also, to that GTH, that the player he intentionally saved from a lynch is scum?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mac loves his WIFOM. It' all over his ISO. What do you think this says about those two?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:J3, does my response satisfy you?
I'm mulling it over. The one hitch in my theory is that you asked Doc when I would be killed -- this question wouldn't be necessary if you're doing what I've proposed you might be doing.
RadicalFuzz wrote:What did you expect Wilgy to say, also, to that GTH, that the player he intentionally saved from a lynch is scum?
I figured he'd say you're town. I'm just trying to get more out of him about you, because he seems to be relying entirely on meta to read you and that troubles me. He isn't digging very deep into the matter of RadicalFuzz.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I am not *sure*, but it's a strong hunch given the names that the SK has removed from the game. I don't think any of them were mafia except maybe HamburgerBoy, and I'm not going to gamble the game on that possibility.
Ok then, according to your hunch, how long have the mafia had a lead according to your "long while?"
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ok then, according to your hunch, how long have the mafia had a lead according to your "long while?"
Since the 3-peat of town lynches that followed the LC lynch. The scales did probably even some when Mac, BR, and Floyd dropped in decently quick succession, but that was a short-lived thing since we've collectively blown the last two lynches.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mac loves his WIFOM. It' all over his ISO. What do you think this says about those two?
I feel the same way. But as Ricochet pointed out, MacDougall immediately reversed his opinion of Fuzz, calling Wilgy scum and Fuzz town. Fuzz then pushed for a CFD of Wilgy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:If, on the other hand, he had even the slightest means to at least check on the situation, why would a SK Diiny not express any gesture towards almost getting killed, in a feud totally not involving him, but whether another play is civ or mafia? It'd be an "oh no I might get clipped, how about I keep doing nothing" nonsensical approach to surviving this game as the SK.
I think "do nothing" is a strategy that doesn't make sense for any alignment. That's why I don't think he was employing that strategy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, I forgot to mention, but I don't do Halloween, because the concept importing such holidays and partying like it means something usually annoys me. I don't even watch many horrors.

A Day extension would solve Sunday being a deadline for me (although if the deadline will be 7 EDT, it'll be manageable), otherwise I don't have any real preference.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:If, on the other hand, he had even the slightest means to at least check on the situation, why would a SK Diiny not express any gesture towards almost getting killed, in a feud totally not involving him, but whether another play is civ or mafia? It'd be an "oh no I might get clipped, how about I keep doing nothing" nonsensical approach to surviving this game as the SK.
I think "do nothing" is a strategy that doesn't make sense for any alignment. That's why I don't think he was employing that strategy.
Yet... Diiny is your SK choice?

Bit confused here.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I feel the same way. But as Ricochet pointed out, MacDougall immediately reversed his opinion of Fuzz, calling Wilgy scum and Fuzz town. Fuzz then pushed for a CFD of Wilgy.
I think that Mac post is good evidence that one of them is scum, but not necessarily both. Bullzeye's feeble combat last day phase makes me lean in his direction. I mentioned in my motel room spew review that I have a tinfoil theory that Mac "tried" to build a counterwagon on DrWilgy instead of Diiny on Day 6, knowing full well that it would never stick because not enough people had beefed with Doc. That tinfoil could be expanded to include Fuzz.

I don't normally tinfoil, but when I do I'm 1955 Doc Brown. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yet... Diiny is your SK choice?

Bit confused here.
That's my point. I don't think Diiny deliberately allowed his near-lynch to happen without interference because he'd never do that as any alignment -- town, mafia, or SK. I think he was literally not available to influence the ordeal at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So is anyone here dressing up as David Byrne for Halloween?

If so and you get a pic into the thread tomorrow, you automatically win the game. /maybe
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So is anyone here dressing up as David Byrne for Halloween?

If so and you get a pic into the thread tomorrow, you automatically win the game. /maybe
I don't have clothes that grey, nor too big of a size.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: [NIGHT 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

Jay, I'll entertain your notion that RadicalFuzz and Bullzeye are mafia. I noticed this post from RadicalFuzz on Night 5.
RadicalFuzz wrote:Bullzeye, if you're still here, how have my posts in the last hour changed your opinion of me? Feel free to do a simple before and after analysis instead of a short answer. I'll read it.
Fuzz asks Bullzeye to analyze Fuzz's recent posts and explain why his opinion has changed. Looking at Bullzeye's posts, he did not mention any change in heart on RadicalFuzz, or any read of Fuzz at all. Here is Bullzeye's response.
Bullzeye wrote:I don't know that they've had any impact at all to be honest. I've never suspected you regardless. I actually have a fairly good vibe about you, I think you've been making good efforts to get involved and find baddies. I might not always think you're right, but as of now I haven't seen a reason to think you're bad yet.
Link to the start of the conversation. RadicalFuzz is forcing Bullzeye to take a stance on him, and Bullzeye does. But RadicalFuzz's approach to Bullzeye isn't consistent with what was stated before.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So is anyone here dressing up as David Byrne for Halloween?

Someday I'm making this happen.

And I will pass out candy with the Psycho Killer tape from Stop Making Sense playing in the background.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What if I can get you to dance like this? :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Auto-win, MM.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei and I have decided to extend Day 11 to 72 hours instead of 48 hours.

Night 10 will still end at 7:53PM Eastern tonight. Get your PMs in by then at the latest.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei and I have decided to extend Day 11 to 72 hours instead of 48 hours.

Night 10 will still end at 7:53PM Eastern tonight. Get your PMs in by then at the latest.
:clap: :beer: :grin: :slick: :cloud9: :srsnod: :workit:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [NIGHT 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Jay, I'll entertain your notion that RadicalFuzz and Bullzeye are mafia. I noticed this post from RadicalFuzz on Night 5.
RadicalFuzz wrote:Bullzeye, if you're still here, how have my posts in the last hour changed your opinion of me? Feel free to do a simple before and after analysis instead of a short answer. I'll read it.
Fuzz asks Bullzeye to analyze Fuzz's recent posts and explain why his opinion has changed. Looking at Bullzeye's posts, he did not mention any change in heart on RadicalFuzz, or any read of Fuzz at all. Here is Bullzeye's response.
Bullzeye wrote:I don't know that they've had any impact at all to be honest. I've never suspected you regardless. I actually have a fairly good vibe about you, I think you've been making good efforts to get involved and find baddies. I might not always think you're right, but as of now I haven't seen a reason to think you're bad yet.
Link to the start of the conversation. RadicalFuzz is forcing Bullzeye to take a stance on him, and Bullzeye does. But RadicalFuzz's approach to Bullzeye isn't consistent with what was stated before.
I'll leave Fuzzy Bear to answer to your assertion. When I view that exchange I see more of the investigative town-looks that have made me doubt my read on Fuzz and more of the easy responsiveness from Bullzeye. It's not a mafia-incompatible interaction though -- it's a softball conversation. I'm also reminded of Bullzeye shouting at Matt F for asking him questions that required info dumping. :p

Of the two, which do you find more suspicious MM?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OY. No more MM winning games for dancing! :meany:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Someday I'm making this happen.

And I will pass out candy with the Psycho Killer tape from Stop Making Sense playing in the background.
Yeah, I liked that version, especially the whole tape thing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everybody: can you share your tinfoil reads?

If you're not sure what I mean by that, I mean pick the player who you're most concerned is mafia because he will be a very difficult lynch and/or is a consensus town read?

For me: Ricochet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tinfoil reads means for me to read someone in a total bad light, regardless how unrealistic it may come off as.

But for your version:

JaggedJimmyJay, lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd just like to thank the hosts for not including resurrection in this game (unless it just hasn't been seen yet). I hate resurrection in Mafia. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd just like to thank the hosts for not including resurrection in this game (unless it just hasn't been seen yet). I hate resurrection in Mafia. :P
Host Announcement:

MacDougall has been resurrected.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thoughts, Rico?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:That's my point. I don't think Diiny deliberately allowed his near-lynch to happen without interference because he'd never do that as any alignment -- town, mafia, or SK. I think he was literally not available to influence the ordeal at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everybody: can you share your tinfoil reads?

If you're not sure what I mean by that, I mean pick the player who you're most concerned is mafia because he will be a very difficult lynch and/or is a consensus town read?

For me: Ricochet.
Jay.

So many reasons to trust you, but significant reasons to not trust you.

To be honest, if it came down to three players in LyLo, you, me, and anybody else (even Ricochet), I would almost undoubtedly vote for you.

Linki: sonofabitch

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd just like to thank the hosts for not including resurrection in this game (unless it just hasn't been seen yet). I hate resurrection in Mafia. :P
Host Announcement:

MacDougall has been resurrected.
:eek: :evileye: :disappoint: :mad: :( :puppy: :scared: :fist:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”