Moderator: Community Team

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Cards Against Humanity Mafia [Speed Game]

Post by boo »

Cards Against Humanity : Mafia

For those familiar with the game... it will be just as crude/offensive/etc (and hopefully as funny). The actual game will essentially be kept intact, with Mafia on top of that.

For those not familiar with the game. http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/

FAIR WARNING: it’s OFFENSIVE HUMOUR. Some of it’s worse than others, as in, some white cards are offensive all on their own, while others are really only offensive in the context of being an answer to a black card.

You can look at the cards by clicking ‘Download PDF’, it should give you a sense of what the game is like. If none of these are overly offensive to you, you should be ok. But the point I’m making is there’s some strong language, white cards can become extremely offensive in the context of black cards, and that as the players, it’s really up to you to decide how far you take things. /Warning Over

The gist of Cards Against Humanity:

Every player gets white cards. White cards are answer cards.

Each round, one player is the Card Czar (this goes around to each player, so player 1 is the first Card Czar, and then player 2 the following round, until it has gone all the way around, and then player 1 is the Card Czar again). The Card Czar reads a black card (question cards), which ask a question or are fill-in-the-blanks. Every player (EXCEPT for the Card Czar) plays a white card (you put it face down in front the Card Czar, so that they do not know who played which card). The Card Czar then reads each of the white cards everyone played, and picks their favourite as the winner (who then gets the black card, which is one Awesome Point). Sidenote: some black cards require playing multiple white cards. As black cards will not be randomly drawn in the Mafia game as they are when you’re actually playing (more on this in the How I’m Making CaH A Mafia Game section), these will not be a problem (but will still be used on occasion).

After each round, everyone who played a white card (so everyone except the Card Czar) gets a new card (or cards, if it was a Pick 2 or otherwise required playing multiple cards), so they remain at holding the same of white cards throughout the game.

Used white cards go back into the pile, and can potentially be played again (there are a lot, so it’s not likely, but it is always possible).

Used black cards go to the player the Card Czar selected as the winner (so you know exactly how many Awesome Points you have), and therefore cannot be used more than once in a game.

How I’m Making CaH a Mafia Game:

There will be a 48 hour Day 0. During this phase, I will be the Card Czar. At the start of the game, every player will be PMed their Role, along with the White Cards they start the game with (the number of white cards each player will get will be determined at the start of the game. If there are 20 players, I’m not doing 10 cards each which is the standard... as assigning 200 cards would be a pain in the ass).

During D0, I will select one of the Black Cards, and players will PM which white card they would like to use to answer. I will pick my favourite response, and that player will get one Awesome Point, as well as a prize. The day 0 card, unlike cards played beyond that, will not having anything to do with your power for the following night (as there isn’t one after D0).

During the rest of the game, each Day period, there will be a question posted to the players (a black card), this will be with the end of D0/in night posts. It will also always be the poll question.

One player (starting D1 and then onwards) will be selected to be the Card Czar (by the host/a combination of other things). Once you have been the Card Czar once, you cannot get it again until all living players have had a chance. This player will not submit a white answer card. If you are the Card Czar, you may choose to use a ‘Make it Yourself’ black card. You submit your own question/fill in the blank to the host, and that is the black card that will be used for players to submit answers to you. If you opt to do this, and I like the black card you make, you get one anytime extra lynch vote. There will be a max of 3 make it yourself black cards available (so if you aren’t the Card Czar until after all 3 have been used up, and you had one, then you’re just out of luck).

During the Day period, in addition to lynching someone, you will need to PM the host which of your white cards you would like to play. This PM must be sent 30 minutes prior to the end of the lynch, or it will not be accepted (but sooner is better).

During the Night periods, the Card Czar will then be told all of the submitted white cards, and be asked to pick their favourite. All submitted white cards will also be shared in the thread at this time. You may discuss your favourites, but MAY NOT say which card you played, hint at which card you played, or otherwise try and make it obvious (in an obvious or subtle way, just a blanket do not do it on card claiming) which card is yours.

The player who submitted the winning answer, as selected by the Card Czar, will get one Awesome Point.

After the winning card has been picked, you may say which card you picked in that round/discuss the round/etc. The do not talk about which card you are playing or played rule only applies to the current round (and future rounds - in the sense that you cannot say, “Oh damn, I should have played -x card you have in your hand- instead”, as in play cards must be secret so no one knows who has which cards).

While a player is the card Czar (they are selected during the night the previous Czar was picking the winner, and will be told they will be the next Card Czar), they cannot be lynched (as in, they will be off the poll). As the player field is made smaller, this will change. The Card Czars lynch vote is also worth 2, and if a lynch ends in a tie, the Czar will be responsible for breaking it. Anyone with a permanent role will retain that while the Card Czar, as the Card Czar doesn’t play a card, civvie Card Czars will not have a role the night they are the Card Czar.

IMPORTANT: If you are the Card Czar, and you have BTSC, obviously (since you’re not on the poll) the person/people you have BTSC with will know you are the Card Czar. They may not tell you which card they are playing (this is primarily for baddies trying to game the system, but applies to all BTSC), and it should not be discussed. The white cards you have should ALWAYS be kept to yourself, and NEVER shared (in thread or in BTSC).

The only metric the Card Czar should use to decide the winning card is which one they think is funniest. The cards played are shared in the thread, so that other players may weigh in, NOT to encourage trying to get the Czar to pick you.

Any behaviour that tries to break these rules will result in a host-killing. If the Card Czar is engaged with the other player or players in trying to cheat, everyone dies. Just don’t do it.

Awesome Points: These will be a sort of in game currency for buying non-standard things. For example, civvies will be able to lock into a non-passive power in exchange for Awesome Points. The full list of things you can do with Awesome Points will be available when the game goes into sign ups.

There will be standard teams.

1) Civvies.

For civvies, the white card they play will determine their ability for the following night (some cards played award passive powers, those continue until they are used up, you will continue to play white cards while you have a passive power up. Some passive powers will restrict you being able to get a new power while you still have the current one, while others will not). You will not know what power you will get until after you pick which white card you want to play (once I get that PM from you, I will tell you your power for the following/current night depending on when I get your PM). The more living civvies there are, the more powers there will be among them. As civvies die, some powers will be permanently removed from the possible powers (ie, if there were 10 civs, when 5 had died, cards may cease to grant any of the living civs a protector role). There will simply be a list of powers that civs can get from white cards under the civ section of the role list, but no one civ will actually be that specific role (at the start, there will be means to lock into a specific role). Not all powers available to civs will be listed here (some are secret), but the number of civs (total, not living) will be beside The Civvies in the role description. If you are a civvie, you will be told so in your role PM so it is obvious.

2) Baddies.

For baddies, there will be specific powers tied to your role. When a baddie plays a white card, they may choose to give up their regular power, in exchange for a power that white cards can give (so the same powers civvies can get). If you want to use your white card to get a power instead of using your standard power, you MUST specify that when you pick which white card you would like to play.

There will be two teams of baddies.

The first is ‘Trump Cards’. There are white cards that are almost always a hilarious response, and unless someone else plays a trump card or the Card Czar doesn’t really pick the funniest response, it will win the round. The cards that form this baddie team will be available as answer cards, and if a civvie plays one of these cards, the power they get from it will always be the same as the power the baddie role has (with some potential variation if the baddie role has a one time use ability).

The second is ‘Cards You Probably Don’t Understand - And Definitely Do Not Want To Google’. These types of cards should be self explanatory. Like ‘Trump Cards’, these cards that form the baddie team will be available as answer cards, and if a civ plays one of these cards, they will get the power of that role.

Baddies will assign one player on their team at the start of the game to carry out their NK. Any member on the team may send in the PM, but if the player chosen is roleblocked, the kill fails, rather than roleblocks moving around with whichever player sends in the PM. If the selected player dies, the team will need to pick a new player to have the kill.

3) Independents.

I have no fixed size for the game, other then capping it at 20 people, with a minimum of about 12 to play (I’ll actually set a time the game will start when it goes into sign ups, as long as there are at least 12 people, it will start at that time, if it hits 20 people before the sign up ends, it will start about then). If at least about 15 people sign up, there will be independents. If there are independents in the game, expect them to be some bizarre roles.

Roles:

The Civvies (x number of players). Win Conditions: Survive until the end of the game. All baddies must be dead. Independents may need to be dead as well.

1. Protector: You may protect one player from all negative night abilities.

2. Roleblocker: Roleblock one player.

3. Curser: Curse a player of your choice, with a curse of your choice.

4. Drive-Byer: You get one additional lynch vote, to be sent in secretly.

5. Resilient (Passive): One auto-NP. If you are targeted for a NK, you survive. If you get this power, you will keep it until it is used up, and will not get another power from white cards until it has been used up. If you get it, you may opt out of holding onto it, so you can get another power (but will not keep the auto-NP). Once the protection has saved a civvie from a kill, this power will be removed.

6. Switcher (Passive): One lynch switch. You do not get other powers until this has been used. You may not opt out of having this power. The player you switch the lynch to must have at least 1 public vote.

7. Resser (Passive): Pick one dead player to be ressed. You may opt out of this power to get a new ability, and it will go back into the rotation. If you are killed while you have this power, it is lost, and no civvie will get the Resser role. The res from this role cannot be RBed.

8.Greedy: Use any 2 non-passive roles from the civvie list (cannot use the same 2 powers, ie, no 2 protects).

9. Killer (Passive): One Night Kill. You do not get other powers until this has been used. You may opt out of having this power. If you are killed while you have this power, it is lost, and no other civvie can get it.

10. Cheater: Pick one other player, and see their white cards. You may see only one of them, you may see all of them, you may see any number of them in between (it’s random).

11. Shuffler (Passive): Once in the game, you may cause all players to lose their current white cards, and get new ones. The player who gets this ability will get other powers when playing white cards. You may opt out of this power (allowing it to go to another player). If you die while holding this power, and do not use it, it is lost, and no one else can get it.

12. They A Damn Fool (Passive): This power will only go to a civvie. You may opt out of keeping this card. This card will automatically go to another civvie in the next round if it is opted out of. You get other powers when you have this one. The player who plays this card will give up on the civvie cause because they surrounded by damn fools, and become an independent. If, after they have defected, they are ever targeted by a baddie, they will be recruited to the baddie team that targeted them (ie, if a baddie team tries to kill them, they won’t be killed, and instead will be recruited). After playing this card, white cards will cease to give you powers, leaving you a vanilla role essentially. You must have at least 3 Awesome Points to use this power.

13. Stacked Deck (Passive): You may trade in any amount of your white cards, for other white cards of your choice. If another player has the white card(s) you choose, you will get a different card, and that player or players will start the following lynch with +1 vote for every card you picked that they hold. You may get other powers while holding this card. You may opt out of having this power, allowing someone else to get it. If you are killed why you hold this card, it automatically transfers to a random player you could not have won with.

14. Thief: You may pick another player, and steal 1 Awesome Point from them. If they have no Awesome Points, they start the next lynch at +2 votes.

These are still being added to, I will add more based on need as well (in terms of, once I know how many people will be playing, I’ll know how many I need in terms of regular powers).

Baddies:

Trump Cards: Have BTSC. Once in the game, they can take the awesome point in a round (must pick which teammate gets it). The Card Czar of that round will not even pick a winner. The use of this ability must sent in during a day period (and it goes through during a night).

1. Doin’ it in the butt: Each night, you may pick one player who must quote another players post every time they post (which they must do at least 10 times) the following day. In each post, the person you picked must bold a part of the quote, and the first line of their post must be ‘That’s what she said.’ in bold, it must make some kind of sense. If they fail to comply, you get to choose who they vote for in the following 3 lynches. Once in the game, you may make another player buttsore, putting 5 votes on them.

2. A sassy black woman: You start each lynch at -2 votes, cause you don’t take no sass. Once in the game, you may point out the racial insensitivity of making the black cards the question cards and the white cards the answer cards, resulting in mass white guilt among all players not on your team. This causes them not to send in any night action (a mass-roleblock).

3. Firing a rifle into the air while balls deep in a squealing hog: Your gunfire causes other players to leave you alone. Your beastiality causes them to leave you even further alone. You survive the first two attempts (lynch or NKs) on your life.

4. Two midgets shitting into a bucket: Each night, you may pick another player to empty your bucket of shit on to. This will put them at +1 vote in every lynch from then on. You may not pick the same player again until three other players have had your bucket dumped on them.

Cards You May Not Understand - And Definitely Do Not Want To Google: Have BTSC. Once in the game, they can take the awesome point in a round (must pick which teammate gets it). The Card Czar of that round will not even pick a winner. The use of this ability must sent in during a day period (and it goes through during a night).

1. Pixelated Bukkake: Once in the game, you may pick up to half of all currently living players, and force them to vote for a player of your choice. Your lynch vote is worth 2, and every player you do not have BTSC with who votes for the same player you do has .5 added to their vote total (to a maximum of 3 extra votes on the person, or 6 people voting for them). This +.5 does not occur during the lynch you force votes.

2. Smegma: Each night, you may share your... dirt with another player. This will put them at +1 vote in every lynch from then on. You may not pick the same player again until three other players have had your dirt shared with them.

3. The taint; the grundle; the fleshy fun-bridge: You’re stuck between the dick and the asshole. No one wants to join you, so you’ll survive the first attempt on your life. Once in the game, you may pick 5 players, and force them to discuss what they call this area of the human body, making their votes worth 0, or roleblocking them if used at night. If you use it during a lynch, it cannot be used in conjunction with the one time ability of Pixelated Bukkake.

4. Gloryholes: Each night, you may pick a player, and force them to vote for a player of your choice in the following lynch. They may not make it obvious that the vote was forced (ever). If they succeed, you’ll return the favour, making their vote worth 2 the lynch after that. If they fail, any vote they take from that point on will be worth 3. If they succeed the initial forced vote and voted without making it obvious, but then later make it obvious they were forced, you may PM the host with the infraction, and the player will be killed if the host agrees with you.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cards Against Humanity Mafia [Speed Game]

Post by thellama73 »

Oh my god...

Yeah, I would probably play this.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

OH MY GOD

OH.
MY.
GOD.

YES.

I love Cards Against Humanity so much. I NEVER would have thought of a mafia of it. Omg Boo this is genius.

I totally lost my shit at "cards you probably don't understand and definitely don't want to google." That is so true lol. I love this. Also lololol @ the damn fools :p

I am way too excited about this hehe
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Scandalized! But I'd play!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

A boo game? I am in automatically!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will certainly not be participating in this. It offends my Christian sensibilities. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read from the book of Judges, chapter 19.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hedgeowl »

nutella wrote:OH MY GOD

OH.
MY.
GOD.

YES.

I love Cards Against Humanity so much. I NEVER would have thought of a mafia of it. Omg Boo this is genius.

I totally lost my shit at "cards you probably don't understand and definitely don't want to google." That is so true lol. I love this. Also lololol @ the damn fools :p

I am way too excited about this hehe
Yes. I agree with all of this!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Anddddddddddd I just found out there's a site where you can play CaH online.

This will be fun.

For those interested.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hedgeowl »

My Aunt forwarded me an e-mail about CaH doing 12 days of Holiday Bullshit.

https://www.holidaybullshit.com/
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Hedgeowl wrote:My Aunt forwarded me an e-mail about CaH doing 12 days of Holiday Bullshit.

https://www.holidaybullshit.com/
Ya, I saw that in the same reddit thread I saw the online link in.

I really feel the need to invest in all of the expansion packs now. We only have the original, and as fun as that still is, there's like hundreds more cards.

Edit: My favourite part of it is the CaH condom in the top right corner. Brilliant.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”