Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Death Note Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

Death Note Mafia

Detectives (11)
Detectives win when all killers (Kiras) have been stopped and justice has prevailed.
L – The world’s most renowned detective, L is incredibly intelligent, logical, and diligent. Consequently, he suffers extreme insomnia, determined to catch Kira. Every night, L searches an individual to determine whether they are Kira. He subsequently comes up with a percentage as to their likelihood of being the murderer. No one knows his true identity other than Watari. (Secrets)

Watari – L’s right-hand man and guardian. Knows L’s true identity and helps him run the logistics of his operation. (Secrets)

Soichiro Yagami – The Chief of the NPA and father of Light Yagami, Soichiro’s perseverance in catching Kira is nearly unmatched, but, like many others, he is blinded by the manipulative skills of his son. However, his strong sense of justice and duty inspire other officers below him, particularly Matsuda. He is the figurehead of the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Shuichi Aizawa – Takes his job very seriously and can be rather opinionated, and thus clashes at times with Matsuda and Misa Amane. He has some respect for L, but seems to hold him in contempt. At some point, the tensions become too high for Aizawa, and he may choose to leave the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Kanzo Mogi – One of the most dedicated members of the Japanese Task Force, but also one of the most reserved. (Secrets)

Touta Matsuda – Enthusiastic but inexperienced, Matsuda means well but often proves a hindrance to his fellow investigators, particularly L. Although he is not convinced that Kira’s killing of criminals is necessarily a bad thing, Matsuda nonetheless remains absolutely dedicated to the Japanese Task Force. His recklessness sometimes pays off, but other times it can get him into trouble. Every night, Matsuda can decide whether to take a risk or play it safe. Additionally, if Higuchi starts killing, Matsuda can instead decide to attempt to spy on Yotsuba. If he does so, he may be able to discover the true identity of the Third Kira, but regardless of his success he may also get caught in the process. (Secrets)

Hideki Ide – Characterized by a fiery temper and a hatred for foolishness, Ide especially does not get along with L, and refuses to abide by his methods. If he ever votes for L to be lynched, his vote that day is worth 5. Gains BTSC with Shuichi Aizawa if Aizawa quits the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Near – One of two possible individuals being groomed to be the successor to L in case of disaster, Near is much like a younger version of L: socially awkward, but incredibly intelligent and cunning. If L dies, Near takes over the Kira investigation and starts the Special Provision for Kira (SPK), determined to catch Kira before Mello does. (Secrets)

Mello – One of two possible individuals being groomed to be the successor to L in case of disaster, Mello is always considered to be #2 to Near, a position he resents greatly. His intelligence is also high, but sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him. If L dies, Mello forfeits the successor position to Near, and joins the mafia. He intends on catching Kira before Near does and will do anything to stop Near from getting ahead. (Secrets)

Raye Penber – An FBI agent who begins investigating Light Yagami when L tells him to. Has BTSC with Naomi. (Secrets)

Naomi Misora – A former FBI agent and fiancée of Raye Penber. If Raye dies while investigating Light, she picks up where he left off. Has BTSC with Raye. (Secrets)

Yotsuba Group (7)
While Higuchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill. They do not share BTSC by default. Members of Yotsuba Group win by ??????.
Kyosuke Higuchi (Third Kira) – A very greedy and power-hungry man who becomes the owner of a Death Note if a certain chain of events occurs. However, little does he know he is no more than a tool in an elaborate scheme orchestrated by the original Kira. Each night, while in possession of a Death Note, he votes on a victim for Kira to kill, concealing the fact that he is actually the one deciding others’ fates. (Secrets)

Shingo Mido - After Higuchi has killed two victims, he invites Namikawa, Shimura, and Ooi to a secret meeting. (Secrets)

Reiji Namikawa – After Higuchi has killed one victim, he receives an anonymous phone call. (Secrets)

Suguru Shimura

Eiichi Takahashi

Masahiko Kida

Takeshi Ooi

Kira and His Sympathizers (7)
Unlike typical baddie teams, these roles do not all share BTSC by default. See individual roles for publicly known BTSC information. Kira and His Sympathizers win when Kira has eliminated the Detectives and subsequently starts his utopian New World.
Light Yagami (Kira) – The initial finder of a Death Note, Light is a high-school senior who quickly grows obsessed with power, declaring himself the ultimate decider of criminals’ fates. Determined to create a new perfect world without evil, Light will manipulate or kill anyone in his way. Has BTSC with Ryuk. (Secrets)

Ryuk – A shinigami who appears to Light shortly after he discovers his Death Note, Ryuk explains that he has to stay with Light until he either dies or the Death Note is destroyed, and that he ‘dropped’ the Death Note into the human world because he was bored. As a shinigami, he cannot be harmed by humans, nor can he be seen by humans who have not made contact with his Death Note. Oh, and he loves apples. Has BTSC with Light Yagami. (Secrets)

Misa Amane (Second Kira) – A famous model whose parents were murdered by a man that Kira kills with his Death Note, Misa becomes infatuated with Kira and makes desperate moves to meet him. She thereafter becomes Light’s girlfriend, incredibly complacent to his demands. Gains BTSC with Rem when she receives her Death Note. (Secrets)

Rem – A shinigami who appears to Misa after she discovers her Death Note, Rem accompanies Misa and guards her at any cost. As a shinigami, she cannot be harmed by humans, nor can she be seen by humans who have not made contact with her Death Note. Gains BTSC with Misa Amane when she gives her the Death Note. (Secrets)

Teru Mikami (X Kira) – As a devoted worshipper of Kira, Mikami has a strong sense of justice and feels evil absolutely must be punished. He adheres to a very strict, daily schedule. (Secrets)

Kiyomi Takada – Classmate and former girlfriend of Light Yagami, Takada becomes the official spokeswoman for Kira if Demegawa dies. (Secrets)

Hitoshi Demegawa – A very greedy man who feeds off of publicity, Demegawa is director of Sakura TV. If L dies, Demegawa asserts himself as Kira’s spokesman and constantly rallies for Kira supporters to participate in various violent acts of protest. (Secrets)

Independent (1)

Sidoh – A shinigami whose Death Note was stolen, he searches for Ryuk every night to retrieve his notebook. If he finds Mello, something happens. As a shinigami, he cannot be harmed by humans, nor can he be seen by humans who have not made contact with his Death Note. (Secrets)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Death Note Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by thellama73 »

Looks cool! Can we start tomorrow?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by A Person »

Very tempting. Did you know the gril who did the English voice acting for Misa Amane is Pinkie Pie's singing voice in MLP:FiM? I did. Also, Near's english VA is Spike.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, so I realized the few roles I didn't have "Secrets" by in fact do have more to their roles that what was showing and thus to not have the designation would be unfair. Now even more secrets abound! :dance: :feb:

I'm really, really excited about this game. Like all of my other games, I try to have the setup and roles reflect the theme as much as possible, and Death Note is absolutely perfect for mafia.

thellama73 wrote:Looks cool! Can we start tomorrow?
I wish! But even if we did, I'd be too busy to host right now.

However, you might be glad to know that this will be submitted in the next hosting poll, so assuming it receives lots of votes, it will be played hopefully quite soon!

A Person wrote:Very tempting. Did you know the gril who did the English voice acting for Misa Amane is Pinkie Pie's singing voice in MLP:FiM? I did. Also, Near's english VA is Spike.
I figured you'd like this one! I actually didn't know either of those things; that's pretty interesting! Because you're the resident anime expert, I'm curious, where does Death Note rank in terms of your personal favorites?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: However, you might be glad to know that this will be submitted in the next hosting poll, so assuming it receives lots of votes, it will be played hopefully quite soon!
When is the new hosting poll? I feel like we have lots of games in the pipeline that need to be sorted out.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: However, you might be glad to know that this will be submitted in the next hosting poll, so assuming it receives lots of votes, it will be played hopefully quite soon!
When is the new hosting poll? I feel like we have lots of games in the pipeline that need to be sorted out.
We have two more full games after Homestar (American Gods by S~V~S and juliets, then WWE Mafia by DFaraday), then the next hosting poll should occur thereafter, while the 2013 Champions game will be occurring. Before the poll actually takes place, there will be a two week period where players can submit full games for the hosting poll, so I imagine that will take place during DFaraday's game. After the Champions game and the hosting poll are over, the winner of the full game hosting poll will then be the first to start, and the rest will follow based on votes received.

As to speed games, things were thrown off a bit because of Rox's RL situation, and because my RL situation proved to be somewhat inflexible as well. That lineup is currently unofficial, but assuming Rox is ready to go after Sherlock (which it seems she is), then her Rolling Stones game will be next, then probably boo's Cards Against Humanity, then probably my Super Meat Boy game, then I believe after that the speed queue is up for grabs. However, I'm sure that will be made official and discussed among the hosts as it gets closer.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
We have two more full games after Homestar (American Gods by S~V~S and juliets, then WWE Mafia by DFaraday), then the next hosting poll should occur thereafter, while the 2013 Champions game will be occurring. Before the poll actually takes place, there will be a two week period where players can submit full games for the hosting poll, so I imagine that will take place during DFaraday's game. After the Champions game and the hosting poll are over, the winner of the full game hosting poll will then be the first to start, and the rest will follow based on votes received.

As to speed games, things were thrown off a bit because of Rox's RL situation, and because my RL situation proved to be somewhat inflexible as well. That lineup is currently unofficial, but assuming Rox is ready to go after Sherlock (which it seems she is), then her Rolling Stones game will be next, then probably boo's Cards Against Humanity, then probably my Super Meat Boy game, then I believe after that the speed queue is up for grabs. However, I'm sure that will be made official and discussed among the hosts as it gets closer.
I am currently in the process of developing a Harry Stephen Keeler full game, that I can promise will be one of the craziest games ever. Harry Stephen Keeler was a borderline-insane novelist from the first half of the 20th century who wrote mind-bending novels with tons of crazy plot twists and coincidences. It is going to be a while before development finishes, but prepare to have your socks knocked off by it when it's done.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I am currently in the process of developing a Harry Stephen Keeler full game, that I can promise will be one of the craziest games ever. Harry Stephen Keeler was a borderline-insane novelist from the first half of the 20th century who wrote mind-bending novels with tons of crazy plot twists and coincidences. It is going to be a while before development finishes, but prepare to have your socks knocked off by it when it's done.
Sweet, sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it developed!

I love mind-bending and crazy, which is certainly reflected in my games in some way or form every time.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: As to speed games, things were thrown off a bit because of Rox's RL situation, and because my RL situation proved to be somewhat inflexible as well. That lineup is currently unofficial, but assuming Rox is ready to go after Sherlock (which it seems she is), then her Rolling Stones game will be next, then probably boo's Cards Against Humanity, then probably my Super Meat Boy game, then I believe after that the speed queue is up for grabs. However, I'm sure that will be made official and discussed among the hosts as it gets closer.
Well, Mongoose and I are really excited about our Film Noir game, so we'd love a slot as soon as one becomes available.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: As to speed games, things were thrown off a bit because of Rox's RL situation, and because my RL situation proved to be somewhat inflexible as well. That lineup is currently unofficial, but assuming Rox is ready to go after Sherlock (which it seems she is), then her Rolling Stones game will be next, then probably boo's Cards Against Humanity, then probably my Super Meat Boy game, then I believe after that the speed queue is up for grabs. However, I'm sure that will be made official and discussed among the hosts as it gets closer.
Well, Mongoose and I are really excited about our Film Noir game, so we'd love a slot as soon as one becomes available.
Definitely contact S~V~S about that matter; I'm sure I'll be discussing turn order with you soon, considering I'm in that bunch as well. :)
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I figured you'd like this one! I actually didn't know either of those things; that's pretty interesting! Because you're the resident anime expert, I'm curious, where does Death Note rank in terms of your personal favorites?
I'm not comfortable with the term expert used in relation to me, but Death Note was pretty good. I'm not sure I'd say it's a favorite, but that's mostly personal tastes. It was really good up until A CERTAIN POINT, but I guess I shouldn't let that ruin what came before. I need to watch it again someday.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I figured you'd like this one! I actually didn't know either of those things; that's pretty interesting! Because you're the resident anime expert, I'm curious, where does Death Note rank in terms of your personal favorites?
I'm not comfortable with the term expert used in relation to me, but Death Note was pretty good. I'm not sure I'd say it's a favorite, but that's mostly personal tastes. It was really good up until A CERTAIN POINT, but I guess I shouldn't let that ruin what came before. I need to watch it again someday.
I understand that and I'm pretty sure I know exactly which point you mean. I do really love it; it's a great show. I'll definitely be doing at least one re-watch before this game gets hosted. I haven't read the manga (yet) though.

I still consider myself a newbie to the world of anime, so to me you're an expert. :p
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
A Person wrote:
I understand that and I'm pretty sure I know exactly which point you mean. I do really love it; it's a great show. I'll definitely be doing at least one re-watch before this game gets hosted. I haven't read the manga (yet) though.

I still consider myself a newbie to the world of anime, so to me you're an expert. :p
I guess that's fair :P

This thread made me really want to hear this again:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yes!! I love that opening. The first season opening is good too. They both are so different.

I think character theme music is pretty awesome as well. L, Light, and Near's themes all rock.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by borokkuei »

I want to play this like right now.

I found out about Maximum the Hormone because of this show.
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Really cool game Socktastic!
Ofc I know nothing about anime or whatever this is but I didn`t know anything about electronic music but I still managed to win with some pretty fantastic teamies :p

I am in before this even starts.
;)
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

NPR talked about this so I actually know about this topic; I done seen the movie (because of the NPR report) but I've not seen the show.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Definitely watch the show. It is awesome.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”