Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Civilians

The Eternians

Prince Adam / He-Man - Each night, Prince Adam must decide whether or not to transform into He-Man. As Prince Adam, he has no abilities. As He-Man, he role blocks any player that night and cannot be lynched the following day. He is limited to three transformations.

Man-at-Arms - Duncan is a master of technology. He is working on a “Role-Finder” device that can discover the role of any player once per day. Initially, it has a 10% success rate. Each time it fails, Duncan tweaks the machine, and increases the success rate by 2%. Has BTSC with Teela and Orko.

Teela - Submits a player’s name each night and guards that person against lynching the following day. Has BTSC with Man-at-Arms and Orko.

Orko - The silly court magician, Orko tries to help his friends, but sometimes just doesn’t get it right. He casts a spell to either boost Man-at-Arms’ technical research by 3% (80% success rate) or help Teela protect the innocent from lynching by enabling her to submit a second name (70% success rate). If the spell fails, Orko silences a random player. Has BTSC with Man-at-Arms and Teela.

Man-E-Faces - Each night, Man-E-Faces must choose whether to be a human (no effect), a robot (may attempt a role check at a 60% success rate while doubling the number of lynch votes for himself the next day) or a monster (may attempt a night kill at a 40% success rate while quadrupling the number of lynch votes for himself the next day).

Ram Man - Uses his brute force to ram into any player, role blocking that person for the night.

Fisto - Uses his mighty gauntlet to deliver a punch to any player, role blocking that person for the night.

Moss Man - The master of camouflage blends into his environment. He can never be lynched.

Stratos - The prince of the skies may swoop in on two occasions to rescue someone from a night kill.

Sy-Klone - Sy-Klone may generate a tornado that redirects his target’s night action. If the target has no night action, the whirlwind fails.

Mekaneck - Uses his bionic neck to search for allies. If he finds an Eternian, he establishes BTSC with that player. Has BTSC with Buzz Off.

Buzz-Off - Uses his flight to spy on others. The buzzing hero selects two players and will discover if they share BTSC. Has BTSC with Mekanek.

The Etherians

Princess Adora / She-Ra - Each night, Princess Adora must decide whether or not to transform into She-Ra. As Princess Adora, she has no abilities. As She-Ra, she role blocks any player that night and cannot be lynched the following day. She is limited to three transformations.

Glimmer - Glimmer- The leader of the Great Rebellion sheds light on situations. Whenever she is targeted, she will know by whom. Has BTSC with Bow and Madame Razz.

Bow - Scouts for a member of The Horde each night. If he finds one, he shoots an arrow and role blocks the player. If he finds Princess Adora, he recruits her, earning BTSC. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Madame Razz.

Madame Razz - The loveable witch from Whispering Woods can conjure a spell to help her friends. She often messes up, but she means well. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Bow. (Secrets)

Snake Mountain
Kills every odd night. Has BTSC.

Skeletor - The evil lord of destruction may use his Havoc Staff to place a hex on any player. While under Skeletor’s power, the target must vote during the day phase as Skeletor directs; the curse lasts two day periods.

Evil-Lyn - Wicked illusionist and Skeletor's right hand (Secrets).

Beast Man - Skeletor’s furry henchman kidnaps one player each night and brutally interrogates them regarding any previous night action. That player’s night action from the chosen night will be known to Beast Man.

Merman - Merman will search the waterways each night for treasure and magical relics. His base chance to find something is 10%, but because Merman is nervous and does not wish to displease his master, it increases 6% for each lynch vote Snake Mountain receives.

Tri-Klops - Each night, Tri-Klops may choose an eye to see with (Circle, Triangle, or Square). The Circle enables Distavision, which allows Tri-Klops to see something from afar (he can see what votes during the following day phase are manipulated). The Triangle enables Nightvision, which allows Tri-Klops to see something that happened at night. The Square enables Gammavision, which allows Tri-Klops to see around things (thus finding a way around a situation and canceling out one role block against Snake Mountain). Each eye must charge two nights before being used again.

Trap Jaw - Each night, Trap Jaw may choose an arm to use (Stunner, Hook, or Magnifier). The stunner renders a player useless for the next day. The hook parries any night action taken against Trap Jaw. The Magnifier doubles Trap Jaw’s lynch vote for the following day. Unlike Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw may use any arm he wishes on any given night.

The Horde
Kills every even night. Has BTSC.

Hordak - The ruthless leader of the evil Horde may fire his arm cannon, taking a 20% shot at killing the targeted player outright. Alternatively, Hordak may spend his night studying science, possibly producing a piece of technology that the Horde may utilize. The success rate depends on the item’s greatness: A simple technology has an 80% chance of success. A moderate technology has a 60% chance of success. A powerful technology has a 40% chance of success.

Shadow Weaver - Mistress of dark tidings (Secrets)

Leech - Targets one player each night, and adopts their known night power for the next night. If there is no known night power, the drain fails. Leech must use this power before attempting to drain another player.

Mantenna - Pops out his eyes each night and uses his stun beam to stun someone, rendering that player useless for the next day. Alternatively, he can use his eyes to spy on someone, discovering if that player was manipulated in any way on the previous day.

Grizzlor - Can jail one player each night, rendering that player useless the next day. Alternatively, he can work with Hordak in the development of a new technology, giving Hordak a 9% technology bonus for that night.

Modulok - Grows more powerful the longer he fights! (Secrets)

Individuals

The Sorceress - The Protector of Castle Grayskull, The Sorceress uses her mystical power to guard against the forces of evil. She perishes if all the Eternians are slain. (Secrets)

Zodac - The Cosmic Enforcer (Secrets)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Prologue] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Rules

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No disrespectful behavior.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is your host's color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!
10. If you have any questions, think you've found an error, or need help, send a PM to Epignosis or the mod on duty, S~V~S.

Lastly, enjoy the journey.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Index

Prologue: The Battle of the Southern Plains
Prologue: The Race to Veridas
Day 1: Impasse
Night 1: Castle Grayskull
Night 1: An Ancient Grave
Day 2: Determined
Night 2: The Evergreen Forest
Night 2: Not What One Should Call "A Feast"
Day 3: The Slime Pit
Day 3: The Vine Jungle Just Became a Little Greener
Night 3: Andreenos
Day 4: The Mystic Mountains
Day 4: Ambushed
Day 4: Avion
Night 4: The Fight Against the Ilkort Invasion
Night 4: The Staff of the People's Voice
Day 5: In the Valley
Night 5: Zodac's Mountain
Night 5: Landslide
Day 6: An Eye for an Eye
Night 6: Pelleezea
Day 7: Death on No Legs (Or Many)
Day 7: The Advent of Stinkor
Night 7: Cold
Day 8: Ice Mountains
Day 8: Stilia
Night 8: Eternium
Night 8: The Airship
Day 9: Orkas Island
Day9: The Sands of Time
Night 9: Resurrection
Night 9: Watch Your Step
Day 10: Sands of Fire
Night 10: The House of Shokoti
Night 10: Sarcophagus
Day 11: Dunes of Doom
Night 11: The Temple of Hordak
Day 12: Courage
Night 12: Spikor's Forge
Night 12: Armor for Panthor
Day 13: Valley of the Dragons
Night 13: Stonedar & Rokkon
Night 13: Blessings
Day 14: Mount Barathrum
Night 14: Blood River
Day 15: Snake Mountain
Night 15: King Hiss
Day 16: Battle Cat
Night 16: Corridors of Lithos
Day 17: The Ocean of Gnarl
Night 17: The Orange Sea Leviathan
Day 18: The Horde Trooper
Night 18: The Mariner's Tale
Night 18: The Tale of the Archer
Day 19: The Easternmost Shore
Night 19: The Power No More
Day 20: And the Honor No More
Night 20: The Wastelands
Day 21: A While Longer
Night 21: A Broken Heart
Day 22: Desperation
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cast of Characters

AceofSpaces - Lynched on Night 19. Prince Adam / He-Man
AllAlongtheBoardwalk - Killed by The Horde on Night 6.
birthwithteeth11 - Lynched on Day 5. Mantenna
blindfaeth - Lynched on Day 22. Man-at-Arms
Boomslang - Lynched on Night 1. Trap Jaw
DFaraday - Lynched on Night 9. Mekaneck
DharmaHelper- Killed by Snake Mountain on Night 5. Resurrected by The Sorceress on Night 6. Killed by Snake Mountain on Night 9.
DisgruntledPorcupine - Lynched on Day 17. Shadow Weaver
Dom - Lynched on Day 15. Sy-Klone
Elohcin
Flyin' High -Winner on behalf of the Civilians!
He-Man - Lynched on Day 6. Tri-Klops
indiglo (replaced AnnaDanielle on Day 2) - Killed by Snake Mountain on Night 11.
Nevinera (replaced Ishar Morrad Chuain on Night 20) - Killed by Zodac on Night 20.
juliets (replaced reptaronice on Day 3) - Killed by The Horde on Night 10.
Kate - Killed by Zodac on Night 17.
LittleTiger - Lynched on Day 13. Madame Razz
MovingPictures07 - Lynched on Day 12. Hordak
Nevinera (replaced KeaponLaffin05 on Day 3)(replaced the_untamed on Day 18) - Lynched on Day 20. Princess Adora / She-Ra
orsonkidd - Lynched on Night 7. Fisto
reywaS - Lynched on Day 16. Skeletor
Roxy - Lynched on Night 2. Evil-Lyn
Russtifinko - Killed by The Horde on Night 4.
Snow Dog - Lynched on Day 8. Grizzlor
spacedaisy - Killed by Man-E-Faces on Night 3.
>SpaghettiEverywhere - Lynched on Day 11. Leech
Stormcrow (replaced JJLehto on Day 3) - Lynched on Day 14. Modulok
thellama73- Killed by Webstor on Night 3. Revived on Night 4. Killed by Snake Mountain on Night 7. Resurrected on Night 9. Lynched on Night 21. Bow
timmer
Vompatti - Killed by Snake Mountain on Night 3.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prologue: The Battle of the Southern Plains

The fighting had gone on for what felt like an age.

Man-at-Arms and Teela were exhausted, leading the Eternian troops along the plains battling Skeletor’s henchmen. At their feet lay the crumbled body of Clawful, who had tried to ambush them. Man-at-Arms realized the threat, and with a single swing of his mace, bashed in the monster’s head. Crustacean blood covered his weapon and the ground surrounding the body.

“Father,” Teela asked, “Where is He-Man?”

“He’ll be along; I am sure of it,” Duncan replied.

Orko appeared beside them. The hovering Trollan pointed toward a copse nearby. “That must be him,” he said.

But Evil-Lyn, intent on confusing the enemy, had created a Fake He-Man. The Faker approached Man-at-Arms, Teela, and Orko, and, though his frame and countenance were true, they questioned the blue hue that seemed to radiate from his skin.

“The aftereffects of one of Skeletor’s spell,” the imposter explained.

The Eternian warriors accepted this explanation; they were gladdened that He-Man had finally come to their aid. Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw were closing in.

Tri-Klops shifted his helmet. “They are behind that large rock formation,” he informed Trap Jaw. “We can defeat them.”

Trap Jaw’s mechanical jaw grated as he answered, “I’ll deal with them.” He raised his destructive arm and fired a pulsating shot. The rock exploded, but no one was there. Tri-Klops changed eyes and said, “They are moving southeast.”

Tri-Klops was not the only one performing reconnaissance. Mekaneck raised his head to survey the land. “We are losing this battle, my friend” he said to Buzz-Off. Buzz-Off zipped away with Mekaneck, wielding his ax and humming that he’d help turn the tide.

Also in the sky, Stratos worked to relay messages from the overextended Eternians. He passed by a colorful falcon: Zoar. Perhaps The Sorceress of Castle Grayskull could help them somehow. Sy-Klone generated a whirlwind that wreaked havoc on Skeletor’s air support.

Near a dense thicket, Clamp Champ moved cautiously, but not cautiously enough. The green, heavy tail of Whiplash found its way around Clamp Champ’s neck, and squeezed so tightly that his victim’s eyes bulged. Whiplash ended the suffering with a quick insertion of his heavy spear. Gratified with his kill, Whiplash began moving past the trees, when hands groped his face from behind. The mossy fingers dug themselves into Whiplash’s eyes. Whiplash cried out as the blood of his eye sockets trickled down his crocodilian face. Moss Man picked up the dropped spear and impaled the blinded villain.

A flash of light blinded the combatants. It remained until they could see once more, and strange figures passed through it.

“All hail Hordak!” came a voice. The creatures that became visible were horrific and terrifying.

“My old pupil, Skeletor,” Hordak snorted. “Etheria remains safely under my control, yet you are a consistent failure. So I have come to claim what is rightfully mine- Eternia.”

“You fool,” Skeletor called. “Unless you serve me now, you shall join the others as my slaves.”

Hordak scoffed, “A proud student you are! Well then, we will give you plenty of opportunity to justify your hubris!”

The creatures advanced on Snake Mountain’s warriors.

“My stun beam will fix them,” Mantenna quavered. Red beams shot from his pupils and struck Beast Man, who crumbled to the ground.

“You won’t like my jail,” growled Grizzlor, who advanced on Mer-Man.

Leech sneaked behind Tri-Klops and grabbed his face with his suctioned hands. After tossing Tri-Klops to the ground, Leech susurrated, “I can see through rocks!”

The creature called Modulok said nothing, but seemed to generate new body parts as he fought.

Shadow Weaver sensed a disturbance near the portal. “Hordak,” she hissed. “We should close the gate. It troubles me.”

“We may need to escape if Skeletor joins with He-Man,” he said. “I shall not be stranded here on this primitive and tasteless planet.”

But the portal trembled, and there through it appeared Glimmer, Bow, Madame Razz, and Princess Adora: Four heroes of Etheria’s Great Rebellion.

“I told you we would reach the portal in time, Bow,” Glimmer said.

“Yes, but now we are faced with Hordesmen!” Bow replied.

“Oh deary my,” Madame Razz said. “Perhaps a spell. Let me think!”

Adora snuck off, hoping she could transform and aid in the fight against Skeletor’s forces and The Horde.

Meanwhile, Two-Bad advanced on Ram Man. “You are no match for us, flathead,” they said, and threw a punch. Ram Man ducked and then sprang forward, butting Two-Bad’s abdomen and shattering the creature’s rib cage. Nearby, Fisto sparred with Jitsu. Jitsu’s golden hand came down hard on Fisto’s shoulder, but Fisto countered with a crushing uppercut, demolishing his nemesis’ skull.

A mighty voice echoed in the distance, accompanied by a golden brilliance: “I have the power!”

The bronzed warrior, clad in a silver harness and bulging muscles, raced toward Teela. The Faker had its hands around her throat. With one thunderous punch, He-Man splintered the imposter’s face; the blue Faker crumbled into hundreds of fragmented shards. Nearby, Man-at-Arms stirred- the pretender had hit him hard across the face. “Take care of him,” He-Man said to Teela and Orko. “I will go after Skeletor.”

“He-Man!” Hordak cried to The Horde. “Let us regroup beyond those trees.”

“It’s him,” Skeletor gasped from afar. "Move in close!"

Ruing his sudden misfortune, Skeletor consulted with Evil-Lyn. “Appearances are all these fools know; let them be deceived.” Raising his Havoc Staff skyward, Skeletor chanted something exotic and troubling, even to Evil-Lyn’s ear. Mer-Man cowered.

In the next eyeful, Snake Mountain’s guardians could no longer recognize each other. And in a voice unfamiliar, they heard these words: “We shall blend in with King Randor’s court, and in our own time, we will visit a severe revenge upon those who serve him. All of you, learn this hand signal.”

From his distant tower, Zodac hummed: “This cannot pass. It will disturb the balance of the universe.” He traveled swiftly toward the conflict through the air. Calling upon his cosmic power, all of the warriors, friend and foe alike, became cloaked in a likeness that was not their own. Clothing and weapons blended into the new forms, and in some cases even genders were changed. Only a few people, who had morphed in front of one another, knew the truth of their allies’ identities.

In light of this sudden and widespread confusion, an Eternian herald blew his trumpet, summoning all to Eternos Palace.

The spell bewildered the royal court, and the thirty people affected by it began to quarrel about who was who, venting loud accusations and countering with vain rebuttals. The cacophony almost grew violent.

At last King Randor held up a hand. “Silence!” he ordered, and quiet entered the throne room. “This is a most unusual sorcery, that your identities should be so concealed. It is a most perilous trick, and is a threat to the kingdom.”

Queen Marlena searched the faces before her, looking for some clue.

Randor continued, “Until we discover the truth, none of you are welcome in Eternos Palace.”

An envoy burst into the throne room. He was nearly out of breath. “Pardon this intrusion your majesty!”

“Speak,” Randor said.

“It’s our village, the Village of Veridas! A gang of ruffians are troubling the village. They’ve burned one of our inns and have robbed even widows. They have proved too much for our chief, who is ill. Our finest warriors have been bested. Please, can you send aid?”

King Randor stood. “I cannot believe I had not thought of that,” he said to himself. Aloud, he said, “These thirty people, here in this throne room, shall be your village’s saviors. And in exchange for their service, I order you to take them to your temple, where it is said lies may be dispelled.”

The diplomat looked displeased. “Forgive me, your majesty, but these people are not warriors.”

“On the contrary,” the king said. “Their true forms are hidden from us. They will help you in your time of need, and in your temple you shall reveal them for who they really are.”

“Very well, your majesty. The village chief says the first person to make it to Veritas will be given a magical gift!”

To the thirty, King Randor said, “Their plight is urgent. Choose a vehicle to transport you thence. Go now.”

“May the truth be found, for our sakes,” said Marlena.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Race to Veridas

The party stood at the hangar that housed the available vehicles of Eternos Palace. A mechanic described the five types of transportation:

Wind Raider – Moves 1d12. Moves 0 if a 1-4 is rolled.

Attak Trak – Moves 1d10.

Battle Ram – Moves 1d8. Moves 8 if a 1 is rolled.

Dragon Walker – Moves 1d6. Moves 6 if a 1 or 2 is rolled.

Stridor – Moves 1d4+2. Provides its rider with special information.

During this Prologue period, you must choose one of the five vehicles to take you to the Village of Veridas. You have 24 hours to make your decision.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game! :yay:

The first post was excellent, Robert.

Now as to the question... What are people's thoughts here? I looked at the map and it seems the path from the palace to the village is straight across land and not SUPER far, so at least there are no obstacles in that regard.

Looking at the different vehicles, it seems there are dice rolls to be taken into consideration.

@Epignosis: Does anyone have information on this poll?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

The Wind Raider has the highest expected value at 5.67, if we're being strictly rational. But what fun is that? I think the Attak Trak will win.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, let's examine these mathematically. I know some will moan about that, but I feel it's the best way to approach this situation to see if any of them has the best probability of getting us there the quickest.

Wind Raider – 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 --- AVG: 5.67
Attak Trak – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 --- AVG: 5.5
Battle Ram – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 --- AVG: 5.375
Dragon Walker – 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6 --- AVG: 5.00
Stridor – 3, 4, 5, 6 + SPECIAL INFO --- AVG: 4.50 + SPECIAL INFO

Using the averages by themselves, the Wind Raider is most beneficial. However, there is the downside that we could roll a 0 with decent probability at any time. The special information of the Stridor also seems intriguing, one has to assume that the information might be worth foregoing a little extra luck in terms of probability with speed.

The Dragon Walker is a clear loser and the Battle Ram doesn't make any sense either. I can't see any reason for voting either of those, especially given the Village is in the Light Hemisphere -- which means we WANT to get there, right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:The Wind Raider has the highest expected value at 5.67, if we're being strictly rational. But what fun is that? I think the Attak Trak will win.
Looks like you came to the same method to approach this one, lol. What do you make of the special info, do you think that might be worth it?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:The Wind Raider has the highest expected value at 5.67, if we're being strictly rational. But what fun is that? I think the Attak Trak will win.
Looks like you came to the same method to approach this one, lol. What do you make of the special info, do you think that might be worth it?
I frankly doubt it. Despite the expected values, there is a reasonably good chance that the wind raider could move zero several times in a row, so I think the second highest is the way to go.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Although on second thought, Stridor guarantees at least three movement a turn, which is not too shabby really.

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by AceofSpaces »

I am going to take the Stridor. It sounds awesome and it has special information that goes with it. Seems like an easy choice to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I frankly doubt it. Despite the expected values, there is a reasonably good chance that the wind raider could move zero several times in a row, so I think the second highest is the way to go.
I think you're likely right here, and I'm most looking at Attak Trak for the same reasons. BUT I am considering the Stridor only because the info could be very helpful for all we know, but we have nothing to go off of as to how unhelpful or helpful it might be, so I'm not sure it'd be wise given it's slower than the rest. Wind Raider has the highest average, which makes it attractive, but us going 0 definitely does not seem like a good thing. At least with the Attak Trak the worst we could get is 1, and that has only 1/10 chance, as opposed to 0 having a 1/3 chance of Wind Raider. 1/3 is just pretty high for no movement.

So it's likely down to the Attack Trak and Stridor for me. It all depends on whether the info seems worth it. Do we really need to get to the Village at an average of 1.0 units faster?

Linkitis with llama, yeah, it's really not TERRIBLY worse than the rest, which is what's holding me back at the moment from Attak.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do we each travel n the vehicle we voted for, or do we all go together in the choice that gets the most votes?

JJLehto
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JJLehto »

Great first post and the pics are stunning!
Well I'm recovered from a night of drinking and hookah and now have some preparation for work tomorrow....sooo I won't be around for a while, just as an FYI.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Do we each travel n the vehicle we voted for, or do we all go together in the choice that gets the most votes?
This is a good question, especially considering Stridor says "its rider".

The more I think about it, the more I think Stridor might be the best option, just because it still has an average of 4.5, a minimum of 3, and the special information. Even if we don't know how unhelpful or helpful it is, I imagine it will be helpful in some way.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Recall that the first person to arrive gets a reward as well though. That may be as good or better than the special info.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, there's always the event that players have information on this poll. I will at least wait to consider more and vote until Robignosis fields that question.

There could be an option corresponding to helping each team, perhaps, or maybe the baddie teams would not want to push the special information option, so it is another possible variable. However, it just seems like it would benefit the most if we got to the village ASAP, so I don't think that's the case.

Linkitis with llama: Interesting point, I looked back up at the post and it does specifically say that. That also makes me think we each would choose our own vehicle too, but Robert can field that question as well.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

Hi Everyone~ I am sitting this game out (*is jealous~ looks awesome*) to be the Mod on Call.

I see we have lots of people new to Mafia~ Welcome and hope you have fun and enjoy the game :dance:

If you have any questions that MovingPictures Basics post does not cover ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6 ) please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you have.

Have Fun :fiesta:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote: @Epignosis: Does anyone have information on this poll?
Only what has been revealed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I received a message asking me to clarify: Each individual player will choose the vehicle that that individual alone rides (eg., if five people vote Dragon Walker, then there will be five Dragon Walkers with five individual rolls).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: @Epignosis: Does anyone have information on this poll?
Only what has been revealed.
Epignosis wrote:I received a message asking me to clarify: Each individual player will choose the vehicle that that individual alone rides (eg., if five people vote Dragon Walker, then there will be five Dragon Walkers with five individual rolls).
Okay, cool. Thanks!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Great opening post, Robert! I'm already sucked into the game.

I was going to do it the mathematical way, but MP and llama already beat me to it. Way to be the fun suckers! :P

Honestly, I think Wind, Attak, and Strider are the best possible options. The only thing that concerns me with Wind is the possibility of rolling several zeroes for multiple days. So I will probably pick between Attak and Strider. I'll be voting sometime later tonight.

Robert, how many spaces total is the journey?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

Yay, game! And how shocking that there are dice rolls in an Epignosis game, lol...

@Epig, is the village a certain number of moves away? like, if we all get pretty crappy roles, is it possible that no one will arrive there in one shot? Or is it simply whoever gets the highest number result "gets there first"?
My siggie.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

Wow, game looks amazing already!

I have no idea which vehicle I will choose yet, but I probably will not overthink it. :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

Just to let all know, I voted Attack Trak. Let's Ride! :dance:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Robert, how many spaces total is the journey?
timmer wrote:
@Epig, is the village a certain number of moves away? like, if we all get pretty crappy roles, is it possible that no one will arrive there in one shot? Or is it simply whoever gets the highest number result "gets there first"?
You get five rolls. Highest number arrives first.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Screw it, I went with the Wind Raider. Highest avg is highest avg.
My siggie.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

Great start to the game, Epignosis and excellent prologue!

I am going to go with Stridor since it provides information, plus... you know, slow and steady wins the race ;)
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It was a tough decision, but I am voting Stridor for reasons previously stated.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I have to choose Stridor because it provides the rider with special information. I just can't miss out on this. Even if it ends up being nothing, I don't want to regret not finding out about the info.
Some day, Some day
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting for Attak Trak as it seems to be the safest choice.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Dom »

I want the stridor. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AnnaDanielle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AnnaDanielle »

Battle Ram! I choose you! :D Let's see how this goes haha
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, that information is just too tempting for me to pass up. I think I'm going with Stridor as well.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 67

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Fantastic first post Rob! And good work with the math, guys. I think I'm going to go with the Attak Trak, it seems like it would move the most without having 0 as an option. Attak Trak it is!

Also, for those of you who i've played mafia with: Would you like me to do drawings of the host posts for this game?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Fantastic first post Rob! And good work with the math, guys. I think I'm going to go with the Attak Trak, it seems like it would move the most without having 0 as an option. Attak Trak it is!

Also, for those of you who i've played mafia with: Would you like me to do drawings of the host posts for this game?
I don't think I've ever had the honor, but I vote yes!
Some day, Some day
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

lol I'm in the same boat as BWT, I read the opening post & then the race post & immediately worked out the math.. only to find out that others had already done it.. oh well :blush: Should have read further down I suppose. (GREAT post, btw. I like how you incorporated our confusion into the story. I guess that's one thing that never clicked, why our roles can't recognize eachother, and this forced it to make sense :P )

FWIW I do think probably the wind raider and the dragon walker are useless. I'm having a hard time picking between the attak trak and the stridor, but if I don't get the secret info I'll probably regret it, so I'm going with the stridor before I talk myself out of it lol.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

Yay game!

Yes, I know it's not mathematically sound, but I went with Dragon Walker anyway. At the very least, I'm guaranteed 3 moves per roll (plus I'd feel bad if nobody picked it, haha).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

DFaraday wrote:Yay game!

Yes, I know it's not mathematically sound, but I went with Dragon Walker anyway. At the very least, I'm guaranteed 3 moves per roll (plus I'd feel bad if nobody picked it, haha).
No shame in that. there is a 50% chance of getting a 6 too. The attack trak has a 50% chance of getting a 6 or higher, though. It also has 20% chance to go slower than the dragon walker would on its worst roll.

I just dont think the wind walker makes sense over the attack trak. Sure, it can go 1 or 2 faster than the attack trak, but there is a 1 in 3 chance it doesn't move at all. Epig said we have 5 die rolls, so probably 1 or 2 if not more will be a 0~

I'll be honest, I don't think the Stridor has a chance in hell of getting there first, its main draw is the info drop.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

blindfaeth wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Yay game!

No shame in that. there is a 50% chance of getting a 6 too. The attack trak has a 50% chance of getting a 6 or higher, though. It also has 20% chance to go slower than the dragon walker would on its worst roll.

I just dont think the wind walker makes sense over the attack trak. Sure, it can go 1 or 2 faster than the attack trak, but there is a 1 in 3 chance it doesn't move at all. Epig said we have 5 die rolls, so probably 1 or 2 if not more will be a 0~

I'll be honest, I don't think the Stridor has a chance in hell of getting there first, its main draw is the info drop.
Yeah, I feel like the info won't be anything particularly vital either, and I imagine if everyone gets the same info, it'll be in the thread soon enough anyway. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

TBH maybe I should have just done a sample 5 rolls for each car and then made my decision based off of that :p I do have all the necessary dice.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Boomslang »

Can't argue with Sock's math. Wind Raider is gonna get you there statistically faster, and a reward for one player exclusive is probably gonna be good.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote:TBH maybe I should have just done a sample 5 rolls for each car and then made my decision based off of that :p I do have all the necessary dice.

I just tried this, based on your suggestion. A rolled a d12 twice and both times got a 45, with no zeros. Then I tried it twice with a d10 and both times got a 27. :eek: I only hope these aren't predictive of the actual results.

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:TBH maybe I should have just done a sample 5 rolls for each car and then made my decision based off of that :p I do have all the necessary dice.

I just tried this, based on your suggestion. A rolled a d12 twice and both times got a 45, with no zeros. Then I tried it twice with a d10 and both times got a 27. :eek: I only hope these aren't predictive of the actual results.
:eek: I hope not!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spacedaisy »

I went with Attack Trak. Now I am going to sleep, lol.

Oh, awesome start Robert! I am glad I moved up to player instead of staying on the replacement list. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Stridor's special information will be: "The Wind Raider has the best chance of getting there first." :fiesta:
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”