THIS GAME WAS RAD
100%

Total votes: 9
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1220

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D6

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:04 am Do we think the remaining mafia is/are lost?
If we hit every non-lost mafia in this game and just missed the one lost one, that’s bad luck.

At this point Occam’s razor is that the setup for this game is straightforward.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D1

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:47 am
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:03 am
Alison wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:57 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:54 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:52 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:49 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:48 pm
[VOTE: Kate] aubergine

Don't think GOC usually has VTs, and going out of your way to claim it when you could just say "I'm definitely town" is doubly weird.
Why you no respond to me?
What do you want me to respond to you about? I said my role, you said you'd elim it. Good for you. I'm not going into specifics for obvious reasons so...
Why Golden?
Because the disparity between Golden's desire to loudly announce how much they're townreading Kate and their desire to actually give reasons or do things that might convince people Kate is town is a large one.
I have so much difficulty with the perspective going on here (and just in Alison’s posts generally)

What is my mafia justification for saying I town read Kate then having no desire to convince people?

What is the mafia jusrifucation in Kate awkwardly claiming vanilla?

You’re calling out things you can objectively claim are weird. But why is it bad? Town does weird shot all the time. You gotta be able to figure out wilgys town weird shit from his wolf weird shit.

When someone comes in the thread pointing out weird shit and calling it all suspicious without analysis of why they think it’s wolf-leaning, that bothers me.

Alison, why do you think your above description of my behaviour towards Kate is wolf-leaning?
On the other hand, this is an elaborate three-way exchange if all three of Alison, Seanzie, and Golden are partners here.
This is also, for the record, the moment I decided to neighbour Alison.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:04 am Do we think the remaining mafia is/are lost?
If we hit every non-lost mafia in this game and just missed the one lost one, that’s bad luck.

At this point Occam’s razor is that the setup for this game is straightforward.
This is kind of how I am operating. We are searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack otherwise.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry, her post responding to mine here was.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:01 am Sorry, her post responding to mine here was.
Can you explain what you saw that made you want to do that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D2

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:42 am if we assume my analysis of wilgy's wolf archetype isn't wrong and my reads on guillo and sig are solid then sabi might actually have given an all town POE to powerwolf us

the last 3 names are porscha dennis HK. dennis is flipped town, porscha is spewed town by the mommy comment, and mac is shielding HK
:ponder:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:32 am
Alison wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:49 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:36 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:33 pm I do think the Sabi spew on Seanzie looks good for him and would prefer SVS/112 at this time
What is it
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:19 pm Side eyeing Seanzie and Creature joining that Dennis wagon like that
This feels a lot like Sabi knows Dennis is town and is preparing in advance to shade Seanzie and Creature for voting him.
Idk I kind of vibe with the idea of throwing 1 town and 1 wolf partner into the mix for wifom spew reasons like we are doing now
:ponder: :ponder:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am rotating through ISOs, reading one page at a time.

I think Dizzy is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am I am rotating through ISOs, reading one page at a time.

I think Dizzy is town.
This is a combination of Dizzy just looking like a person who is taking the thread in organically, and all of the dead soup nazis having their own micro interactions with Dizzy that absolutely do not look like teammate interactions.

I also am struggling to form a view of this game where it mechanically makes sense for Party Crasher to be mafia. Maybe they could be a hydra lost wolf. But having that slot be mafia would be wacky in terms of both mechanics and their (tutuu's) activity in the game.

So is it Golden or is it Porscha?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:23 am
Creature wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:16 am I wonder how long until someone say my entry is forced.
Why, you have a history of burglary?
:clap:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden's early-game progression on Alison feels noteworthy.

It starts off with some blunt dismissal of her early suspcision. Then it turns into open skepticism. After a brief back-and-forth, he seeks more elaboration from people who know Alison. But then he eventually settles on a town read, specifically citing some similarities he sees between Alison and himself.

I think this progression looks authentic. More importantly, I don't think a mafia member goes through this much effort to arrive at a town read of their partner on Day 1 of a game.

Does this mean it's just Porscha?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1027
Aka: Wow

Post by Party Crasher »

I'm ride or die with you Thread Dad, I'm hoping my partners will agree

I hope everyone agrees you should decide the chop (right? i think its the play? you havent read everything but you're sloonei so)

All of us are struggling / flip flopping / hitting our heads against a wall while trying to solve (syn sheep me)

-t
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:09 am
Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:01 am Sorry, her post responding to mine here was.
Her response was false… she DIDNT have an answer to why my conduct was wolfy. She was just throwing shade at someone she didn’t know for townreading someone else she didn’t know without intellectual honesty/a good answer to why it was wolfy and anticipating getting away with it.

And, in hindsight, the fact Alison went hard on that might stem from svs telling her teammates that Kate and I could be dangerous if we found each other as town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Party Crasher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:00 am I'm ride or die with you Thread Dad, I'm hoping my partners will agree

I hope everyone agrees you should decide the chop (right? i think its the play? you havent read everything but you're sloonei so)

All of us are struggling / flip flopping / hitting our heads against a wall while trying to solve (syn sheep me)

-t
I'm legitimately asking. Is it just Porscha? Fill me in on the deets, tuuts. Why is it wrong to think Porscha is mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:54 am Golden's early-game progression on Alison feels noteworthy.

It starts off with some blunt dismissal of her early suspcision. Then it turns into open skepticism. After a brief back-and-forth, he seeks more elaboration from people who know Alison. But then he eventually settles on a town read, specifically citing some similarities he sees between Alison and himself.

I think this progression looks authentic. More importantly, I don't think a mafia member goes through this much effort to arrive at a town read of their partner on Day 1 of a game.

I will say my town read comes after I decided to neighbour her and was an outright lie lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:01 am
Her response was false… she DIDNT have an answer to why my conduct was wolfy. She was just throwing shade at someone she didn’t know for townreading someone else she didn’t know without intellectual honesty/a good answer to why it was wolfy and anticipating getting away with it.

And, in hindsight, the fact Alison went hard on that might stem from svs telling her teammates that Kate and I could be dangerous if we found each other as town.
Why did you eventually arrive at a town read on her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:54 am Golden's early-game progression on Alison feels noteworthy.

I will say my town read comes after I decided to neighbour her and was an outright lie lol.
Hey can you maybe not answer my questions before I've asked them? Thanks.

But just to be clear: you're saying you didn't actually town read alison?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:03 am
Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:01 am

Why did you eventually arrive at a town read on her?
See above lol.

From the moment I decided to neighbour her (and note, I didn’t know I had btsc until Alison showed up in a new channel after night one), I changed tactic. I wanted to bait Alison into shooting me. At first, I thought ‘buddy her and establish my town core history, become a threat for her team’. When she turned up in btsc with me, that morphed into ‘show zero doubt in your read in thread and in neighbourhood’ and ‘hint to her that my role gets much more powerful of I stay alive’.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:04 am
Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:02 am

Hey can you maybe not answer my questions before I've asked them? Thanks.

But just to be clear: you're saying you didn't actually town read alison?
I never had a town read on Alison, not for an instant. That exchange about the intellectual honesty of her take about my Kate read was literally a ‘wolf read never revoke’ moment for me.
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:02 am
Party Crasher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:00 am I'm ride or die with you Thread Dad, I'm hoping my partners will agree

-t
I'm legitimately asking. Is it just Porscha? Fill me in on the deets, tuuts. Why is it wrong to think Porscha is mafia?
For me it's the fact that she participated in the death event game that had no reward and only risk of death, and she got townread by a lot of people familiar with her meta. Apparently her wolf range is much smaller than her town range. But then again, the same is apparently true for Golden

Although Syn did say that she seemed to have a breakdown / got really stressed when they learned what game they were playing and the losers would die

If we sort by post count, we're all at 1k posts, Porscha is at 500, if that means anything 😂

I am starting to warm up to the fact that Golden is town who's lying so much about his role. He doesn't have a redirect, he doesn't have protection, he's just a simple 2-shot neighborizer, regardless of his alignment, I'm fairly confident. I'm just not used to town players lying so much, but we do come from different environments with different metas and games

More on Golden - Kate's read should have a lot of value. Her reads were goated af. She was right on SVS mafia (when svs was consensus townread even), she was right on Rondo town, she found all her dnd members as town. She had Golden as never mafia

I also wanna fall back to my read that the emotion coming from Golden yesterday is simply unfakable, it's not a thing wolves fake, even if they want to

Maybe it is just Porscha and she exceeded everyone's expectations and took a bold risk. Just like Marmot took a bold risk voting for Mac

-t
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I already said that Golden's early-game progression Alison felt too elaborate to have been faked. He then went and added two whole new layers of elaborate shenanigans on top of what was already there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I’m not lying on my role! For goodness sake why is it so hard to believe! I can’t wait until after the game so you can see!
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 630

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:30 am
Alison wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:33 pm I do think the Sabi spew on Seanzie looks good for him and would prefer SVS/112 at this time
What is it
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:19 pm Side eyeing Seanzie and Creature joining that Dennis wagon like that
This feels a lot like Sabi knows Dennis is town and is preparing in advance to shade Seanzie and Creature for voting him.
Idk I kind of vibe with the idea of throwing 1 town and 1 wolf partner into the mix for wifom spew reasons like we are doing now
What you pondering gamer
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Party Crasher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:13 am For me it's the fact that she participated in the death event game that had no reward and only risk of death, and she got townread by a lot of people familiar with her meta. Apparently her wolf range is much smaller than her town range. But then again, the same is apparently true for Golden
This idea has been perpetuated, but I have never believed it. The reward for joining and surviving the game is that people view you as more likely to be town for having joined the event in the first place.

Plus, we didn't know the exact nature of the event anyway. As you just pointed out, Porscha may or may not have reacted negatively upon learning the true nature of the event.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am I am rotating through ISOs, reading one page at a time.

I think Dizzy is town.
This is a combination of Dizzy just looking like a person who is taking the thread in organically, and all of the dead soup nazis having their own micro interactions with Dizzy that absolutely do not look like teammate interactions.

I also am struggling to form a view of this game where it mechanically makes sense for Party Crasher to be mafia. Maybe they could be a hydra lost wolf. But having that slot be mafia would be wacky in terms of both mechanics and their (tutuu's) activity in the game.

Why does PC have a role with a vest then lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 am
What is it
What you pondering gamer
Wow that post is something…
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:02 am

-t
I'd be wimming the fuck out of today cuz the pressure is very high for the wolf
Do I feel pressured to make reads or sound like I have an agenda to you?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:17 am
What is it
What you pondering gamer
Cuz I fucking called it? :dab: Lmfao
Why would I as a wolf say that?
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D4

Post by Party Crasher »

Kate wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:34 pm[VOTE: svs] aubergine
Kate wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:53 am Ps. I do think Rondo is a tad paranoid but I still think he's town. I do and have always thought urist and Michelle are town.
Kate wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:22 am
sig wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:07 am Also and I feel like I KEEP saying this and getting ignored the D&D role basically confirms there’s a mafia member in the D&D server so like there’s that
There is not.
Kate wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:46 pm
sig wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:36 pm I’m 100% onboard to take out sloonie today if the rest of town agrees.

I think worst case he’s third party best case he’s mafia.

@Golden 2 thing

1. Why are you still alive
2. Thoughts on sloonie, Kate, and SVS
I was legit SCREAMING for Marmot to get limed.
Kate wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:55 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:44 pm @Kate same for you.

Is there a chance Golden is mafia?
No. Absolutely not mafia.
Sheeping Kate might be the play

-t
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What is it
What you pondering gamer
"Are Porscha and Alison teammates?"

The post above this one is more pertinent:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:25 am
Alison wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:42 am if we assume my analysis of wilgy's wolf archetype isn't wrong and my reads on guillo and sig are solid then sabi might actually have given an all town POE to powerwolf us

the last 3 names are porscha dennis HK. dennis is flipped town, porscha is spewed town by the mommy comment, and mac is shielding HK
This thought from Alison is never real or believable.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:19 am

What is it
What you pondering gamer
for wifom spew reasons
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:16 am

I think Dizzy is town.

Why are you shading us now?

-t
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What is it
What you pondering gamer
It would certainly be extraordinarily bold.
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

Also there already flipped a wolf with a vest - SVS

We have a vest coz we were supposed to look like NPCs from Mac's secret playerlist game

Shoot at us, a few of us die, we live and keep trolling

-t
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"mommy comment" context:
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:55 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:52 am sabi is mafia tho
I wouodnt be surprised either tbh
Taking back the mommy comment
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:19 am
What is it
What you pondering gamer
"Are Porscha and Alison teammates?"

The post above this one is more pertinent:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:25 am

This thought from Alison is never real or believable.
Yes I've already explicitly said it was a BS read that I pushed her on, and that she TMI'd me town since I also thought it was inorganic
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:21 am

What you pondering gamer
Sometimes you just smell bullshit
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

From my perspective:

Sloonei is cleared by rondo
PC is cleared because that hydra just isn’t wolf in this set up imo
Dizzy is cleared by his claim and by the fact his game has replicated MY town game, the version that is outside my wolfrange, and I just find that incredibly hard to believe is wolf

That’s why, for me, it’s Porscha. It’s literal PoE. I have a poe of one. And I haven’t seen a good reason to flip my townread on PC or dizzy yet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:24 am
Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:21 am

What you pondering gamer
Sometimes you just smell bullshit
I prefer bullsuit.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

😛
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Party Crasher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:20 am
Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:16 am

I think Dizzy is town.

Why are you shading us now?

-t
It isnt shade, its asking everyone if they're just auto clearing you and making sure stones arent overturned since we clearly dont fucking know what we are doing
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don’t find Porscha wolfy at all. I like the progression with Alison being posted by Sloonei.

For me, this is a case of ‘I deeply respect this wolf game’ because I can’t help but reach my conclusion but I had a had previously reached a world view that Porscha was towny as f**k.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:25 am From my perspective:

Dizzy is cleared by his claim and by the fact his game has replicated MY town game, the version that is outside my wolfrange, and I just find that incredibly hard to believe is wolf

That’s why, for me, it’s Porscha. It’s literal PoE. I have a poe of one. And I haven’t seen a good reason to flip my townread on PC or dizzy yet.
Do you suppose my constant shield of you past day 2 is TMI?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:27 am I don’t find Porscha wolfy at all. I like the progression with Alison being posted by Sloonei.

For me, this is a case of ‘I deeply respect this wolf game’ because I can’t help but reach my conclusion but I had a had previously reached a world view that Porscha was towny as f**k.
So to be clear you are still SR'ing me despite tr'ing me because you dont know what stones need to be turned to figure this out, right
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 am Yes I've already explicitly said it was a BS read that I pushed her on, and that she TMI'd me town since I also thought it was inorganic
My immediate concern is that Alison expressed that read in the first place. It looks like she is trying to subtly weave the idea of you being "spewed town" into the thread based on a bogus associative read. If it can also sow division between the two of you in the event that one of you flips, that's just bonus points.

That said, I am also gonna take a look at how you handled Alison.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Porscha wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:28 am
Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:25 am From my perspective:

Do you suppose my constant shield of you past day 2 is TMI?
No. If I’m right that you’re wolf, I think you’ve played the game as close to your town self as you possibly could, and I think your shield of me was because your true town self would read me town.

Or, I’m wrong about you and it’s just a townread.

Honestly, wtf so I know I’m not secure in this read it’s all I’ve got (still going back ti finishing my iso on you though).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Party Crasher @Porscha What do you think of Golden claiming that he faked a town read on Alison to win her trust?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:32 am @Party Crasher @Porscha What do you think of Golden claiming that he faked a town read on Alison to win her trust?
AND get her to vig me, which was really the important part.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The other possibility here is it genuinely is PC and I’m clearing them for the wrong reasons. But that just seems so unlikely.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:35 am The other possibility here is it genuinely is PC and I’m clearing them for the wrong reasons. But that just seems so unlikely.
I also am about 85% in the camp of clearing Party Crasher for several strong but not rock-solid reasons, and 15% wondering if I'm making a mistake there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”