(host, mod, other)
45%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 0

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:36 pm Hey folks, just posting before I go back and check in. Had some anxiety last night and went to bed early instead of coming in and playing. So now I get to catch up. Fun. Luckily you are a quieter bunch and I don't have 20 gazillion posts to read.
You okay? Did you get lost during catch up!
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 222
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Kate »

Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:24 am
Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 pm
sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:31 pm Mac, neon, Wilgy and falcon are likely all town
So which one of these is your partner?
Obviously me
This was supposed to be kind of tongue in cheek. I don't suspect you atm.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:00 am
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:24 am
Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 pm
sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:31 pm Mac, neon, Wilgy and falcon are likely all town
So which one of these is your partner?
Obviously me
This was supposed to be kind of tongue in cheek. I don't suspect you atm.
Maybe you should

you shouldn't

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

There's like a 50/50 chance I'm back for EoD so

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:56 am
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:51 pm
Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:01 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:29 pm Hmmm... Mac might be wolf.

It's not a perfect read but it is one I've used before where wolfs try to discredit the top posters in a game and throw suspicion on to them to prevent their thread control and change the direction of the thread.

With Mac throwing sus on Sig and me he's pushing the 2 top posters in this game and I know he's just wrong on me. The problem lies in that I think he's right on Sig...
So do you think Mac is trying to discredit town leaders or do you think he's just arrived at this solve? Or are you going for the wombo combo where he's discrediting leaders, which involves pushing his partner, sig?

This last sentence has given too much ambiguity (is that the right word)
Neon doesn't really believe the read because frankly the idea that she's in need of discrediting makes no sense.

Think about where her mindset was at prior to me outing my real read.

Mac lock town most obvious town in the game.

Aside from that she was doing very little aside from jokingly claiming mafia when pressured and voting you ... because she didn't agree with my read on you. Which isn't a good enough reason to vote but that's not my point.

She was not in a position where I would need to discredit her. The idea that I decided abruptly to switch my read on someone who, if I was mafia and they are town, I have them hoodwinked entirely, doesn't make sense as a move to be discrediting her... in actuality it doesn't make sense as a wolf move at all.

To clarify the reality, Neon tried to pocket me. I let them believe that it had worked so that I could make associative reads. If I did this to a town, me doing that is more in my town meta than scum meta and given Neon had me as so obvious town as to joke about how obvious I was, switching to scumreading me for something like this is not towny at all.

If you (Dennis) were suspicious enough for her to have been able to articulate a reason to suspect you beyond I disagree with Mac hence I'm voting, then I could humour she thinks I'm concerned that she will single handedly get you over, my wolf teammate Dennis. But you and I both know that we are not wolf teammates lol.
I can very easily articulate a reason why I believe Dennis is scum but would you actually listen? Or am I wasting my breath?

Kinda think I'm wasting my breath.
I asked you why you were voting him before and you said it was because it's fun, and because you disagree with me.

Given I have already asked, why would you think I'd not be interested?

If you had a real reason, why didn't you say it when I asked the first time?
Right but I didn't think you actually wanted to know. And my vote was initially a pressure vote.

But see since than Dennis has gradually confirmed my suspicions.

I think Dennis' reads are weak. I don't think he actually believes them. I know Dennis is capable of articulate posts describing his PoV as town. I know Dennis is capable of reads with nuance. I've tried to get Dennis to expand and he's flat out refused or said he can't expand which feels fake to me. It feels like Dennis is flowing through the state of the thread and trying to blend in.

For instance his read on kate was weak and followed the general flow of the thread where Kate was being generally TRd.

His vote on me only came after the flow of the thread wrt me switched and multiple people who had been silent in my slot or flat out lying about their read on me started to sus me.

Further Dennis' memey personality helps vacant, flat. Kinda forced when he does do it but almost missing overall. Like I tend to meme less and post less gifs when I'm wolf because I'm aware that it draws undue attention to me and flat out pisses some people off.
Oh cool you do have reasons

I am never ever confident on D1 about my reads. They will always, and have always come off as hedgy or weak or whatever other synonyms I can't think of. I always feel like I need more time or more posts and I can't come to a conclusion quick so it bothers me when people tell me I'm being hedgy

My read on kate was weak because I'm scared of her lol. I mean yeah I believe I have a pretty good chance of being right but I know what she's capable of as wolf so I'm not full clearing her on D1. I guess what I should have said was "I'm not voting Kate today" or something like that but I for some reason feel like my opinion on Kate specifically had to be out there because of the whole "soul read" thing I think we have

I very rarely vote early in days and I even more rarely vote early D1. I don't know if I even have and my vote on you following thread state is probably a combination of following the people I trust, a sr on you and me thinking "I should probably vote soon". So I guess I am blending a little bit I don't exactly mean to

Shrug emoji to this one, all I can really say is I feel like my personality is showing through MUCH more than my wolf games if you look those through
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:17 am There's like a 50/50 chance I'm back for EoD so

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Neon am I bad or not you just wrote a 4 paragraph college thesis on why I am, I feel like if I'm in your position I stay on me
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:06 pm I'll caveat that with so many slankers I could be wrong easily but I started off thinking that the part where Neon was townreading me and you accused me of Omgus was a weird projection of what she was doing to me. So I decided to townlock her to see if she'd do the expected from a position of feeling confident she had me pocketed ie. shield you and not sheep me. Which she did do. She voted you briefly and got her vote off you asap onto my townread. I got no real doubt Neon is mafia here.

Wilgy is sus outside of this but he agreed with my fake townread on Neon in a very scummy way.

You're actually the one of the 3 reads I'm less confident on but only because twtbw.
See I'll murder Sig.

But the thing is that won't clear me either will it because lol Neon busses.

I'm not shielding sig just because I disagree with your Dennis read.
Hmm okay nevermind my previous post I guess

But what made you wanna switch off me?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:44 am
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:56 am
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:51 pm
Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:01 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:29 pm Hmmm... Mac might be wolf.

It's not a perfect read but it is one I've used before where wolfs try to discredit the top posters in a game and throw suspicion on to them to prevent their thread control and change the direction of the thread.

With Mac throwing sus on Sig and me he's pushing the 2 top posters in this game and I know he's just wrong on me. The problem lies in that I think he's right on Sig...
So do you think Mac is trying to discredit town leaders or do you think he's just arrived at this solve? Or are you going for the wombo combo where he's discrediting leaders, which involves pushing his partner, sig?

This last sentence has given too much ambiguity (is that the right word)
Neon doesn't really believe the read because frankly the idea that she's in need of discrediting makes no sense.

Think about where her mindset was at prior to me outing my real read.

Mac lock town most obvious town in the game.

Aside from that she was doing very little aside from jokingly claiming mafia when pressured and voting you ... because she didn't agree with my read on you. Which isn't a good enough reason to vote but that's not my point.

She was not in a position where I would need to discredit her. The idea that I decided abruptly to switch my read on someone who, if I was mafia and they are town, I have them hoodwinked entirely, doesn't make sense as a move to be discrediting her... in actuality it doesn't make sense as a wolf move at all.

To clarify the reality, Neon tried to pocket me. I let them believe that it had worked so that I could make associative reads. If I did this to a town, me doing that is more in my town meta than scum meta and given Neon had me as so obvious town as to joke about how obvious I was, switching to scumreading me for something like this is not towny at all.

If you (Dennis) were suspicious enough for her to have been able to articulate a reason to suspect you beyond I disagree with Mac hence I'm voting, then I could humour she thinks I'm concerned that she will single handedly get you over, my wolf teammate Dennis. But you and I both know that we are not wolf teammates lol.
I can very easily articulate a reason why I believe Dennis is scum but would you actually listen? Or am I wasting my breath?

Kinda think I'm wasting my breath.
I asked you why you were voting him before and you said it was because it's fun, and because you disagree with me.

Given I have already asked, why would you think I'd not be interested?

If you had a real reason, why didn't you say it when I asked the first time?
Right but I didn't think you actually wanted to know. And my vote was initially a pressure vote.

But see since than Dennis has gradually confirmed my suspicions.

I think Dennis' reads are weak. I don't think he actually believes them. I know Dennis is capable of articulate posts describing his PoV as town. I know Dennis is capable of reads with nuance. I've tried to get Dennis to expand and he's flat out refused or said he can't expand which feels fake to me. It feels like Dennis is flowing through the state of the thread and trying to blend in.

For instance his read on kate was weak and followed the general flow of the thread where Kate was being generally TRd.

His vote on me only came after the flow of the thread wrt me switched and multiple people who had been silent in my slot or flat out lying about their read on me started to sus me.

Further Dennis' memey personality helps vacant, flat. Kinda forced when he does do it but almost missing overall. Like I tend to meme less and post less gifs when I'm wolf because I'm aware that it draws undue attention to me and flat out pisses some people off.
Oh cool you do have reasons

I am never ever confident on D1 about my reads. They will always, and have always come off as hedgy or weak or whatever other synonyms I can't think of. I always feel like I need more time or more posts and I can't come to a conclusion quick so it bothers me when people tell me I'm being hedgy

My read on kate was weak because I'm scared of her lol. I mean yeah I believe I have a pretty good chance of being right but I know what she's capable of as wolf so I'm not full clearing her on D1. I guess what I should have said was "I'm not voting Kate today" or something like that but I for some reason feel like my opinion on Kate specifically had to be out there because of the whole "soul read" thing I think we have

I very rarely vote early in days and I even more rarely vote early D1. I don't know if I even have and my vote on you following thread state is probably a combination of following the people I trust, a sr on you and me thinking "I should probably vote soon". So I guess I am blending a little bit I don't exactly mean to

Shrug emoji to this one, all I can really say is I feel like my personality is showing through MUCH more than my wolf games if you look those through
You have no idea how you just warmed my little mommy heart ♥️ :hugs:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Post by DrWilgy »

Still no reason to not vote Sig.

Slip aside, his insisting that Falcon and I were town so early without due cause felt TMI. I don't have a reason to tr like I do the others.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 95

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:06 pm I'll caveat that with so many slankers I could be wrong easily but I started off thinking that the part where Neon was townreading me and you accused me of Omgus was a weird projection of what she was doing to me. So I decided to townlock her to see if she'd do the expected from a position of feeling confident she had me pocketed ie. shield you and not sheep me. Which she did do. She voted you briefly and got her vote off you asap onto my townread. I got no real doubt Neon is mafia here.

Wilgy is sus outside of this but he agreed with my fake townread on Neon in a very scummy way.

You're actually the one of the 3 reads I'm less confident on but only because twtbw.
See I'll murder Sig.

This reads like she knows sigs flip already
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 117

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:43 am Still no reason to not vote Sig.

Slip aside, his insisting that Falcon and I were town so early without due cause felt TMI. I don't have a reason to tr like I do the others.
It’s a tone:gut read :shrug:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’ve not seen a single good reason to vote for me today. So it’s not like I can do anything.

Out of all the votes Kates was the most scummy and the way she went about defending herself was even more scummy she’s still my top choice for today
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:44 am

See I'll murder Sig.

Hmm... This is a good observation.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm @MacDougall yeah I think he's town. His tone is that of having fun, which wouldn't exist if they were wolf. Also these two posts seem very much in line with his town modus operandi
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm Dennis is town, Mac is town.

I'm town.

Almost 1/3rd of the list solved folks
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:19 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 pm
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm
sig wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:18 pm Also (and the real reason why I came in here)

I’m betting the entire mafia team (of two lol) isn’t someone actively posting
Here are your "low posters." Discuss.
It's sub-optimal for town to lynch slankers D1
Not explicitly. As long as the day is played out if consensus suggests it with a valid reason it's fine.
I'm sure there are certain circumstances where it's not, nothing is absolute.

I don't think you disagree that as a general rule of thumb, D1 slanker lynches are not ideal. And Kate gave a list of 7?

It's absurd to consider lynching within a pool of 7 slankers D1
I'm hoping we can put the list thing to bed. Sig, who I suspected, suddenly wanted to look at low posters. I ss'd the low posters (everyone above who I included had 17+ posts which wasn't low at that point). Of the people on the list, the majority were hosts, non players or first time players. THAT WAS EXACTLY the point I was making. Why did sig want to jump to looking to low posters and to make it worse, there weren't really any low posters to look at...

No since you’re trying to create a false narrative with the list. We had fluff low posters who had inflated numbers there still low posters.

You’re attempt to poo poo what I’m saying by writing it off is what mafia do
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:50 am I’ve not seen a single good reason to vote for me today. So it’s not like I can do anything.

Out of all the votes Kates was the most scummy and the way she went about defending herself was even more scummy she’s still my top choice for today
Ok, but if not Kate then who. How's your PoE looking?
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Matahari wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:39 am
Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:56 pm I'm hoping we can put the list thing to bed. Sig, who I suspected, suddenly wanted to look at low posters. I ss'd the low posters (everyone above who I included had 17+ posts which wasn't low at that point). Of the people on the list, the majority were hosts, non players or first time players. THAT WAS EXACTLY the point I was making. Why did sig want to jump to looking to low posters and to make it worse, there weren't really any low posters to look at...
When Sig first mentioned looking at low posters, I didn’t think anything much about it. I remembered he mentioned low posters early in the anniversary game (game1), so I assumed he was just one of the players who suspects slankers. I went back through the anniversary game and read his posts. He did mention low posters early, but in the negative, he didn’t think it was good to look at them so early in the game.
It didn’t really tell me anything, but I am more open to your pov on Sig now.
It’s very game based for me.

This game only has 12 players if its civ voices attacking each other in thread mafia will be slanking.

A game like this mafia wants to fly under the radar. Which is why I mentioned looking at them.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:52 am
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:50 am I’ve not seen a single good reason to vote for me today. So it’s not like I can do anything.

Ok, but if not Kate then who. How's your PoE looking?
That’s a good question.

I don’t feel like we really have enough yet.

Dennis, Wilgy (you) and Falcon are all playing within your civ meta more than mafia meta. So you’d be town

Mac is a solid town read even though he’s pushing me mainly since town mac always pushes me, then finds a nonsense reason to realize I’m civ.

SVS was looking Civvie at first but post her brush up with Mac I can’t recall anything so that’s kind of a bad sign.

I have to do some quick reskinming for the rest of the player base.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Assuming Mac doesn’t vote me I’ll probably just sheep him this phase though
ImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

See I'll murder Sig.

I was thinking something along these lines. I wasn't gonna bring it up until after sig flips if he does, but Neon wrote a ton about why I'm scum, and then switched to sig which to me it felt like she just wanted her vote there for the civ credit
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:49 am

But when I had a gut read it was bullshit?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Since it stopped being a gut read to become a “well it’s since he used a no you” to a “well it was a slip that made it”

So yes :beer:

You’re finding fake reasons to Reenforce a fake gut read.
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Since it stopped being a gut read to become a “well it’s since he used a no you” to a “well it was a slip that made it”

So if you have a reason to look, and then see one more or two more or 5000 more reasons, all subsequent reasons are worthless?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Isn't that just the normal evolution of a gut read?

Gut > Solid > Tinfoil > Solid?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 95

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: neon] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Matahari »

I made a list of possible teammates while rereading the thread again, and Neon’s name came up more often than Sigs did. Well, she was on one more team than Sig. I’m going to put my vote on her for now, unless something major happens to change my mind.
[VOTE: Neon] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

So if you have a reason to look, and then see one more or two more or 5000 more reasons, all subsequent reasons are worthless?

In this case yes. Since you’re discounting the prior reasons to find new ones that are more solid since you have TMI and know I’ll flip civ.

What you’re doing is attempting to avoid any blowback for when I flip civ since I called you out vs the other people on my wagon.

Notice I didn’t no you onto say Falcon or seriously onto Mac. Since there votes didn’t come across as mafia being opportunist meanwhile your vote did.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:11 pm

It’s reading to me like TMI + fake reasoning.

Also I’m pretty sure she didn’t even say it was gut to start with. Thinking back it was because I did a jokey no you onto Mac.

She didn’t mention gut until after I pointed out that her reasoning kept shifting
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 pm
I’ll dig it up this weekend. It involves dried cranberries and orange liqueur to rehydrate the berries. OMFG it’s awesome. She also made it with dried cherries and Cherry Kijafa.
Orange and cranberry are one of my favorite flavor combinations.
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 pm And what, pray tell, did you have for dessert??
:haha: ice cream actually. Mint chocolate Viennetta.
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:17 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:26 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:37 pm Spacedaisy didn't vote either cake OR pie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Alas, I made the dreadful mistake of eating dinner and spending time with my husband before finishing my catch up.
Nevermind spacedaisy is bad for maintaining real life relationships and not putting our poll about cake and pie first
Sound logic. [VOTE: Daisy] aubergine

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
I always struggle at the beginning of games and recently find it really difficult to stay engaged in games. It's why I don't play often anymore, so I feel you on the slanker thing. Also, this was the most creative GTH read request I've ever seen and I love it, lol.

I'm leaning sig or Neon atm.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am You okay? Did you get lost during catch up!
Honestly, not all the great. While the situation with the original anxiety is mostly resolved and life isn't bad, there is a general malaise that hangs on at the moment. My hormones are probably being little bitches and fucking with me, honestly. Also, the Friday-Monday time frame tends to be when I am doing the most work. I've been pretty buried in work files the last couple days. So it's a little of this, little of that. But it's not a great excuse, because it's unfair to the other players and hosts. Sorry.
See I'll murder Sig.

Mind meld on this one.
See I'll murder Sig.

Mind meld.

Mind meld.

Ok so...

MacDougall is my only solid town read atm. That thing he pulled where he put out fake reads to see the reactions is a frequent town maneuver that I've noticed him doing.

I didn't think anything of the supposed slip that Kate was talking about. However, I do think what Neon said is sus. This combined with the fact that sig seemed like he was poking around trying to see what would stick. My only fear here is that sig has frequently got yeeted day 1 over the years for being weird. But I'm going to go with my gut here because he's the one I feel the most scum lean on. Instead of scum hunting, it felt like he spent the day throwing spaghetti at the wall and discrediting Kate for what looked to me like a normal read progression.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Bottom line? So many mafia make this mistake D1 of trying to vote me off for weak reasoning. Half the time they get caught and half the time I get mislynched.

Sabi trying it in GoC is the most recently example.

That’s what Kates trying to do here.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 pm
I’ll dig it up this weekend. It involves dried cranberries and orange liqueur to rehydrate the berries. OMFG it’s awesome. She also made it with dried cherries and Cherry Kijafa.
Orange and cranberry are one of my favorite flavor combinations.
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 pm And what, pray tell, did you have for dessert??
:haha: ice cream actually. Mint chocolate Viennetta.
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:17 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:26 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:37 pm Spacedaisy didn't vote either cake OR pie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Alas, I made the dreadful mistake of eating dinner and spending time with my husband before finishing my catch up.
Nevermind spacedaisy is bad for maintaining real life relationships and not putting our poll about cake and pie first
Sound logic. [VOTE: Daisy] aubergine

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
I always struggle at the beginning of games and recently find it really difficult to stay engaged in games. It's why I don't play often anymore, so I feel you on the slanker thing. Also, this was the most creative GTH read request I've ever seen and I love it, lol.

I'm leaning sig or Neon atm.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am You okay? Did you get lost during catch up!
Honestly, not all the great. While the situation with the original anxiety is mostly resolved and life isn't bad, there is a general malaise that hangs on at the moment. My hormones are probably being little bitches and fucking with me, honestly. Also, the Friday-Monday time frame tends to be when I am doing the most work. I've been pretty buried in work files the last couple days. So it's a little of this, little of that. But it's not a great excuse, because it's unfair to the other players and hosts. Sorry.
See I'll murder Sig.

Mind meld on this one.
See I'll murder Sig.

Mind meld.

Mind meld.

Ok so...

MacDougall is my only solid town read atm. That thing he pulled where he put out fake reads to see the reactions is a frequent town maneuver that I've noticed him doing.

I didn't think anything of the supposed slip that Kate was talking about. However, I do think what Neon said is sus. This combined with the fact that sig seemed like he was poking around trying to see what would stick. My only fear here is that sig has frequently got yeeted day 1 over the years for being weird. But I'm going to go with my gut here because he's the one I feel the most scum lean on. Instead of scum hunting, it felt like he spent the day throwing spaghetti at the wall and discrediting Kate for what looked to me like a normal read progression.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Kinda rich coming from someone who’s made 1 on topic post.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’m moving to neon not convinced she’s mafia over Kate, but I know I’m civ so I’d rather lessen the POE and not be Misvoted
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm Kinda rich coming from someone who’s made 1 on topic post.
I mean, I did just read most of the relevant posts in a sitting, it can give a little perspective. But I'm just doing the best I can with Day 1, there is never much to go on, but you feel like the best bet to me, all things considered. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The fact the thread is so dead means mafia is totally fine with me being voted off
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

It also probably means neon isn’t mafia either
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:30 pm The fact the thread is so dead means mafia is totally fine with me being voted off
Yes all TWO of them are being awfully quiet...
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Ebwop.
Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:36 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:30 pm The fact the thread is so dead means mafia is totally fine with me being voted off
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Well now one is posting to try and keep my misvote alive I see
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

You know what leave it tied let the RNG god decide and if I go over vote off Kate next
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:38 pm
Actually my in laws just left and I put the baby down so now I had time to post.
SixStrings
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

Ok, voting for the first time. Not much to go on, but of the group I will say that Neon glows more guilty than the rest.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:42 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:38 pm
Actually my in laws just left and I put the baby down so now I had time to post.
If I was civ whose mafia?
ImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

SixStrings wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:44 pm [VOTE: Neon] aubergine

Ok, voting for the first time. Not much to go on, but of the group I will say that Neon glows more guilty than the rest.
Do you have any specific moments where you thought she looked suspicious? Like a specific post that rubbed you the wrong way?

This post kind of comes off as if you're a new mafia and just trying to blend in, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

With only what looks like three of us here we can’t do much anyways but if I put aside the Kate read and say maybe I’m tunneling then we’ve got two mafia out there.

I’m quite frankly very unsure of who they could be.
ImageImage
SixStrings
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:18 pm
SixStrings wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:08 pm I am here. So checking in. Taking a little time... trying to understand why people voted the way they did so far. I have read the thread. very little relevance to conclude on a vote though.
Oh hi!

Question: why are there so many songs about rainbows???
What's on the other side?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@DrWilgy

General thoughts on me vs neon?

And if you could flash onto someone who would it be
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

My biggest issue with neon would be she threw out some Sus on Mac but then is voting with him. Also upon a quick reread she’s much less active than what I’d expect from her town game.

I know I’m civ so that’s the preferred wagon, but I’m not married to it.
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

@fingersplints @Roxy How are you handling ties?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:11 pm My biggest issue with neon would be she threw out some Sus on Mac but then is voting with him. Also upon a quick reread she’s much less active than what I’d expect from her town game.

It's also kind of uncool to pile on her when she said she won't be back. But hey, you do you.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:14 pm
sig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:11 pm My biggest issue with neon would be she threw out some Sus on Mac but then is voting with him. Also upon a quick reread she’s much less active than what I’d expect from her town game.

It's also kind of uncool to pile on her when she said she won't be back. But hey, you do you.
I’m sorry but that’s not how mafia works and you’ve been around long enough to know that?

Like should we never not vote for someone who isn’t around for EOD
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”