[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:14 am I think Neon is fairly clearly town at this point. She reminds me of how she played in GoC (which yes was a game where I was a wolf and strongly pushed her as town and pocketed her, but we can ignore that part)
So I should kill you is what you are saying

For safety?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 pm Your defense of Falcon is noted, Sloonei.

Make no mistake, I am reading and monitoring the rest of the game.

I also made note of the fact that in your defense of Falcon, you refused to actually talk about the merits of what I was saying and the complete lack of merits of what Falcon was saying.

Instead you dismissed my wolf read by saying “you know Falcon better” and tried to say “he’s just antagonistic”, and followed that up with “let’s talk about something else…”

If Falcon does flip wolf, you’re 100% next for the way you handled this.
Your posts read as more combative than they need to be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SportPonies
tie goon
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by SportPonies »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:20 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:17 am
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:49 am
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:11 am Abigail,

It has been a trying night. My only comfort in those long hours was the knowledge that you were safely back at home.

Whilst I was in the depths of my despair, I had the most wonderful surprise!

As I am sure you must already be aware, mother has decided to come join me. I was worried she wouldn't recognize me. Time and distance have aged me nearly beyond recognition.

I could sense the trepidation in her face as she first looked upon me, and I must confess, the waters of my soul were near breaching the levees to my sanity when she at first seemed not to recognize my face. Alas, a mother's love does is not yet limited by spacial or temporal boundaries.

The wildlife here is wonderful, but I cannot shake the underlying sense of foreboding whenever I brave the wilderness. Abigail, I hear voices. I see visions.

Terrible visions.

Please keep me in your thoughts as you must know you are in mine.

-Mayo

PS Les voix disent bonjour à maman
Yo. I'm probably not safe or in bed. I mean I'm about to murder a Werewolf.
If “mafia” terminology was the norm here, this felt TMI
I like the thought here.

I did a quick search in Neon's post history on the site, and she's used that specific term in multiple other games across the site. I think I'd agree with your other post that it probably wasn't a slip.

I think this is a townie sentiment from you though.
On further thought, I think I need to look into her affiliation and the term used in those games before I completely put this to rest

But I don’t think it makes me want to pursue Neon right now
My undertitle magically says tie goon and I'm very excited about it
☆Princess Abigail☆

It has been a trying night. My only comfort in those long hours was the knowledge that you were safely back at home.

As I am sure you must already be aware, mother has decided to come join me. I was worried she wouldn't recognize me. Time and distance have aged me nearly beyond recognition.

I could sense the trepidation in her face as she first looked upon me, and I must confess, the waters of my soul were near breaching the levees to my sanity when she at first seemed not to recognize my face. Alas, a mother's love does is not yet limited by spacial or temporal boundaries.

The wildlife here is wonderful, but I cannot shake the underlying sense of foreboding whenever I brave the wilderness. Abigail, I hear voices. I see visions.

Terrible visions.

-Mayo

I like the thought here.

I did a quick search in Neon's post history on the site, and she's used that specific term in multiple other games across the site. I think I'd agree with your other post that it probably wasn't a slip.

Wintreath which is my original home called it Werewolf so I'm used to that and generally refer to bad faction as woofs or woofies or woofers or bark barks or whatever lol

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Animal Midwife »

Do people on Syndicte usually use the word "yeet" in these games? If so, in what conext?
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:15 pm

I also made note of the fact that in your defense of Falcon, you refused to actually talk about the merits of what I was saying and the complete lack of merits of what Falcon was saying.

Instead you dismissed my wolf read by saying “you know Falcon better” and tried to say “he’s just antagonistic”, and followed that up with “let’s talk about something else…”

Are you going to address the merits of my argument against Falcon, and his refusals to answer my question, or are you going to “disengage from this nonsense”?
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:22 pm

Terrible visions.

-Mayo

I like the thought here.

Wintreath which is my original home called it Werewolf so I'm used to that and generally refer to bad faction as woofs or woofies or woofers or bark barks or whatever lol
Thank you
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:24 pm Do people on Syndicte usually use the word "yeet" in these games? If so, in what conext?
Interesting.
miranda920
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: Miranda

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:57 pm
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:52 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:28 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?
Excuse my ignorance, what is a Breedlove? I am neither

Scotty was pretty close with their guess! I was pretty impressed!
Do you have any thoughts of the game so far?
I’ve been at work all morning so I haven’t caught up really

I feel like Scotty is town, it feels like they really put a lot of thought as to which animals we are

I’m unsurprised that Santy is trying to push me

I feel like everyone always tone reads me as wolfy so, meh

I haven’t looked too much at anyone individually so I don’t have any reads for you ATM
Why is trying to figure out animals village exactly? Also, I think this is the chillest I've even seen you when getting pushed.
Well those were also reads given too, Scotty guess the animal and gave a read

I also am a lot less stressed in my life than I was last game when I was getting pushed. Maybe also just feeling a little better about WW in general, not as insecure.
Is giving reads alone a village exclusive-trait? Especially on D0 when the "reads" were based nearly exclusively on NAI posts.

Like even the read he gave on you was because "you migrate a lot" and "hate mosquitoes".
It is not, but I did enjoy the post!
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:27 pm

I feel like Scotty is town, it feels like they really put a lot of thought as to which animals we are

I haven’t looked too much at anyone individually so I don’t have any reads for you ATM
Why is trying to figure out animals village exactly? Also, I think this is the chillest I've even seen you when getting pushed.

I also am a lot less stressed in my life than I was last game when I was getting pushed. Maybe also just feeling a little better about WW in general, not as insecure.
Is giving reads alone a village exclusive-trait? Especially on D0 when the "reads" were based nearly exclusively on NAI posts.

Like even the read he gave on you was because "you migrate a lot" and "hate mosquitoes".
Okay, then why are you village reading him?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:25 pm

Are you going to address the merits of my argument against Falcon, and his refusals to answer my question, or are you going to “disengage from this nonsense”?
I do not plan to get involved in the arguments you are directing toward falcon. That is not a defensive impulse. It's just not something that I view as productive for me or the thread. All I will say is this: the specific things that you object to about his actions do not strike me as being out of the ordinary for falcon.

Your repeated misattributed quotations suggest to me that you are projecting a certain reading onto my posts which does not exist. I am simply trying to provide context about how falcon usually engages with the thread early on in games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:14 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:34 am @Zenge did you have an opinion about Miranda specifically, or Moreno the speed of the votes piling on her?
This issue I have with the Miranda wagon is that Miranda is by far the newest player on SDN in this game. Technically sure players like Dr.Wilgy have played fewer games on SDN but they have a lot more experience with forum mafia in general. Miranda on the other hand, I could count the number of games she’s played on one hand probably, maybe an extra finger? Thats games she’s played EVER.

I think it’s reasonable to assume there’s a mix of Syndicate and SDN players in the wolf pack. I think it’s reasonable to assume that one of the first conversations that would have taken place would be to formulate a list of players that would be the easiest to misyeet. From the SDN side, Miranda would have been the TOP of that list.

So when I see the first real cycle open, and within a half hour of a 48 hour cycle, there are already 3 votes on the player who I suspect would have been talked about in wolf chat as the best place to deliver a misyeet, it raises my suspicions and feels rather concerning.

I don’t have a read on Miranda. I honestly don’t believe anyone in this game could have a legitimate read on Miranda at this juncture.

Given that, I find it unlikely that by coincidence within the first half hour of a 48 hour cycle, that three villagers independently claim to have a wolf read on someone who just so happens to be the one player I think would be the most likely choice for wolves to try and misyeet.
I do agree that a pile on Miranda Feels Bad because I don’t want her to feel bad. It especially feels bad cuz I started it.

I don’t agree that wolves would make some concentrated effort at D1 plus 30 seconds to jump her.
There's defs a singular wolf in the pile and only a singular wolf the rest are town.

Also I think the wagon is bad

ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:27 pm
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:24 pm Do people on Syndicte usually use the word "yeet" in these games? If so, in what conext?
Interesting.
We used to refer to day vote eliminations as "lynches". A couple of years ago, we collectively agreed to phase that word out because of its unfavorable historical connotations. But we never settled unanimously on a term to replace it. As a result, some people now say "yeet". "Chop" is another word that gets used from time to time. "Eliminate" is probably the most consistent vanilla term.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:35 pm
Interesting.
We used to refer to day vote eliminations as "lynches". A couple of years ago, we collectively agreed to phase that word out because of its unfavorable historical connotations. But we never settled unanimously on a term to replace it. As a result, some people now say "yeet". "Chop" is another word that gets used from time to time. "Eliminate" is probably the most consistent vanilla term.
Okay, thank you. Just wanted to double check.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:36 pm
Interesting.
What post/s raised such a question?
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

AM doesn’t seem woofy
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 134

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?

Well, one thing's for sure...Breedlove's are not Hummingbirds.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:34 pm Zenge is writing so much 😵‍💫
I know it's not good for my head lol

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

What do you think of Scotty's reads?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 pm
Interesting.
It was #486.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

I came back to thread and had a post written that just said:

@NateTheLesser come”

And I don’t remember what I was writing but there you go
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:43 pm
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 pm
Interesting.
It was #486.
Yeah that makes sense
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:29 pm

I’m town reading because despite the reads being on NAI posts it felt like a genuine effort!
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

caught up
Animal Midwife wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:03 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:58 pm Boy I am angry and exhausted
Mechanically outted
This post deserved some lols.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:24 pm Well one thing’s for sure- Miranda wagon came out of nowhere and while I don’t think it’s odd, they are not going to be the leading wagon at end of day. Mark my words
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:53 pm inb4 ‘sounds like you’re defending your partner miranda’
Sure thing
ur being weird :/
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:11 am
santygrass wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:37 pm
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:22 pm PSV is not currently a wolf
Here
I find the wording Intresting

Why currently?
"Intresting"
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:42 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:36 am [VOTE: Animal Midwife] aubergine
In Midwife’s defense she has a pretty unique play style and cadence that can come off as stiff, and at times people, especially people who aren’t used to playing with her, find it extremely Wolfy despite it being NAI.

So I’d tread cautiously on this one. There’s generally more accurate ways to solve Midwife. She typically doesn’t bus, for example.
hm.
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:56 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:47 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:37 am Don't know 'em well enough to say for sure, but they look like it.
Share with the class
If I recap your ISO, it is

*fluff* then

a vote on Dennis, whom you likely don't know and some people from TS have expressed suspicion on, but IMO they look fine thus far.

A weird post saying that the first thing that probably actually matters (the 3-vote wagon) wasn't important.

then a lot of questions that don't seem to be designed to go anywhere and hedgy non-takes where you comment on things but the comments are all "This isn't AI" or "that's not enough to form a read".

This looks like an archetype wolf entrance into the game.
I'm not convinced, but if nothing else this push seems very town
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:59 am
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:56 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:50 am @Neon , I was just looking for clarity. AM’s wording could be read either way, and I didn’t want to make assumptions with a person new to me.
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Could you clarify the Sean village read to me? I'm not sure if I'm getting tilted.
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:04 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:50 am @Neon , I was just looking for clarity. AM’s wording could be read either way, and I didn’t want to make assumptions with a person new to me.
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Could you clarify the Sean village read to me? I'm not sure if I'm getting tilted.
So uh Sean is a player who will probably tilt you yes and who defs picks people and hard tunnels them early to "get the game started" and who believes in these tiny little reads that I think are rarely actually right and who will later on probably get so far behind he will just ask people who to vote

Buttttt has very good at what he does and you just have to read into if he believes what he's tunneling and with you I think he does or if he's making it up for a valid reason if he doesn't believe it like to get out of rvs or something.

As wolf I think he tends to hard tunnel with kid gloves and doesn't have the conviction behind it.
^endorsed

he is indeed tilting at times but the way he seemed (imo) to eventually leave this conversation seems towny (imo)
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:03 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 am I am excited to finally play a game with you where I am not a wolf.
same!
dyachei/marmot w/t confirmed
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 am Sloonei is prodding in random places, which while I don't think is hard town meta for him to replicate, it does look like his town meta, so I would give him a townlean for now.
you-dont-have-to-hand-it-to-him.jpg
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:01 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:52 am Wait quick question

Does the Syndicate usually play with mafia as the bad affiliation or wolves?

*squints*
Answers from syndicate regulars are appreciated too, even if dy is correct
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.
scum!

is the word I use sorry not a read hehehe ;)
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:02 pm This is a wolf, full stop.
I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.
lotta posting and solving for falcon

is he just not busy rn or something?

Q: When you catch up in a thread, do you typically read from where you left or, jump right into the thread, both, neither, or it depends?
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:29 am
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:00 am
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:09 pm Hello Syndicate users,

I am Sporty. This is my fifth WW game and I favor highposters.
Oh we are gonna be best friends
The only thing that was true there is that she is Sporty. This being her fifth WW game and loving high posters were aggressively lies. I’m 76% sure she’s vig shot people for high posting.
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:18 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:11 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:08 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:05 am

*squints*
Are you asking whether it's mafia or wolves?

The host will often call them the mafia team, but the players here often use the terms interchangeably.

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"
"Player Z do be howlin'."
I was asking specifically for what the host calls them

But if terminology is fairly interchangeable then what I thought I found might not be a slip after all

Do you have any opinions about any of the SDN players at this point?
I already clearly stated that PSV is in my “town for now” bucket, and I’m voting Miranda.

I think AM is playing within her village meta but I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever independently caught her wolfing
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:54 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:41 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:39 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:35 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 am
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.
But I mentored someone else during her first game, modded her second, and if I did play with her, it was after subbing in on like D2 for someone who was digging themselves a hole.

Edit: meaning I need to refer back to some old games to see if this is legit or not

I guess I missed it, what's her tone diff that you're seeing here?
:shrug:
Sporty voice: tone

Like a Fender vs Gibson kinda thing?
More like a Breedlove vs Seagull thing
hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm getting a vibe here. Apologies if it's wrong.
[VOTE: SportPonies] aubergine, explanation in spoiler, and no it's not satisfying
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:45 pm I’m town reading because despite the reads being on NAI posts it felt like a genuine effort!
Calling me a hippogriff because I playbowed and highposted is genuine effort?
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:45 pm

I’m town reading because despite the reads being on NAI posts it felt like a genuine effort!
You just got off a game where JJJ won by putting in genuine effort. On AI posts, no less. Why are you placated by this?
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm caught up
Mechanically outted
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:24 pm Well one thing’s for sure- Miranda wagon came out of nowhere and while I don’t think it’s odd, they are not going to be the leading wagon at end of day. Mark my words
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:53 pm inb4 ‘sounds like you’re defending your partner miranda’
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"
In Midwife’s defense she has a pretty unique play style and cadence that can come off as stiff, and at times people, especially people who aren’t used to playing with her, find it extremely Wolfy despite it being NAI.

So I’d tread cautiously on this one. There’s generally more accurate ways to solve Midwife. She typically doesn’t bus, for example.
hm.
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:37 am Don't know 'em well enough to say for sure, but they look like it.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

a vote on Dennis, whom you likely don't know and some people from TS have expressed suspicion on, but IMO they look fine thus far.

A weird post saying that the first thing that probably actually matters (the 3-vote wagon) wasn't important.

then a lot of questions that don't seem to be designed to go anywhere and hedgy non-takes where you comment on things but the comments are all "This isn't AI" or "that's not enough to form a read".

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
So uh Sean is a player who will probably tilt you yes and who defs picks people and hard tunnels them early to "get the game started" and who believes in these tiny little reads that I think are rarely actually right and who will later on probably get so far behind he will just ask people who to vote

Buttttt has very good at what he does and you just have to read into if he believes what he's tunneling and with you I think he does or if he's making it up for a valid reason if he doesn't believe it like to get out of rvs or something.

As wolf I think he tends to hard tunnel with kid gloves and doesn't have the conviction behind it.
^endorsed

he is indeed tilting at times but the way he seemed (imo) to eventually leave this conversation seems towny (imo)
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 am I am excited to finally play a game with you where I am not a wolf.
same!
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 am Sloonei is prodding in random places, which while I don't think is hard town meta for him to replicate, it does look like his town meta, so I would give him a townlean for now.

*squints*
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.
scum!

Q: When you catch up in a thread, do you typically read from where you left or, jump right into the thread, both, neither, or it depends?

The only thing that was true there is that she is Sporty. This being her fifth WW game and loving high posters were aggressively lies. I’m 76% sure she’s vig shot people for high posting.

*squints*

The host will often call them the mafia team, but the players here often use the terms interchangeably.

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

But if terminology is fairly interchangeable then what I thought I found might not be a slip after all

I already clearly stated that PSV is in my “town for now” bucket, and I’m voting Miranda.

I think AM is playing within her village meta but I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever independently caught her wolfing
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.
But I mentored someone else during her first game, modded her second, and if I did play with her, it was after subbing in on like D2 for someone who was digging themselves a hole.

Edit: meaning I need to refer back to some old games to see if this is legit or not

hmmmmmmmmmmm

[VOTE: SportPonies] aubergine, explanation in spoiler, and no it's not satisfying
TL;DR: he’s sporty voice tone-ing me
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:49 pm
Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

It's just her tone.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

TL;DR: he’s sporty voice tone-ing me
totally possible!
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I guess vibe is a confusing term. It was more a gut feeling. I think your vibe/personality is cool 👍
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:51 pm I guess vibe is a confusing term. It was more a gut feeling. I think your vibe/personality is cool 👍
Oho!

He said I’m cool
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm

You just got off a game where JJJ won by putting in genuine effort. On AI posts, no less. Why are you placated by this?
Ugh, but JJJ was giving me bad vibes! I was swayed 😕 either way, it’s not that deep
You asked me what my first impressions are and I gave them to you
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:45 pm I’m town reading because despite the reads being on NAI posts it felt like a genuine effort!
Calling me a hippogriff because I playbowed and highposted is genuine effort?
Okay, I didn’t read the second set tbh
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:37 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:34 pm
When you say “this is what he does”, it sounds like you’re saying “this is NAI”, is that correct?
Not necessarily. I would lean very slightly towards a town read on him. But, at the very least, he should not be scumread for playing the role of antagonist like this.
I actually think falcon is kinda behaving out of character

ImageImage

Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Ugh, but JJJ was giving me bad vibes! I was swayed 😕 either way, it’s not that deep
Yes. The entire game. It all started by by saying you liked JJJ's effort on D1.

It just stick out to me because he's the only one you have a read on when several others have actually posted content since then.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I don't really see combative... like I see frustrated and confident but not combative

ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@miranda920 What were your thoughts/feelings coming into this game? I ask because you have a fairly unique perspective, based on what I'm told. You are relatively new to mafia, playing in a game with lots of players who may be experienced, but who are "new" to each other. What sort of things have you picked up on in your first few games of mafia, and do you anticipate any new challenges in this particular game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

I use yeet and many other slang terms life calling things dumb or stupid and meaning that as like not a bad thing

Yeet just means like get thrown out of the game forcibly throb execution.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

*squints*

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

This feels extremely hedgy and weird...why?

ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:04 pm

I don't really see combative... like I see frustrated and confident but not combative
"Combative" in the sense that Zenge was framing me as an adversary when my only intention was to provide insights into how falcon usually operates. He repeatedly used false quotations to put words in my mouth which implied a much more dismissive reading of my posts than I was trying to put forth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:08 pm
Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

It's just her tone.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably because it’s hedgy and weird.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

It's just her tone.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

The whole thing or the read on Sporty?
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 330
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:23 am Yo so anyways let's bury wolf Dennis

Vote: Dennis
You have to use the tags (ignore this if you did and im not caught up)
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 330
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:01 am The other main thing that stood out to me was Dennis' spam posting the thread. It looked to me like he was trying to pad the post count. Even when bad, he really wasn't a low poster per say, so not sure if this is AI or not, but it stood out to me. 12 posts in a row at some point.

K, gotta go to work.
There was like 4 pages of fluff how do you expect me to NOT interact with that
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:11 pm
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:04 pm

"Combative" in the sense that Zenge was framing me as an adversary when my only intention was to provide insights into how falcon usually operates. He repeatedly used false quotations to put words in my mouth which implied a much more dismissive reading of my posts than I was trying to put forth.
Excuse me? I put false quotations to put words in your mouth?

The sequence of events was this.

I made a case on why Falcon is a wolf.

You responded, not to the merits of the case, but by dismissively saying “that’s just how Falcon is”.

I pressed you for more specifics.

You said he just gets combative.

I explained the combativeness was not at issue, and explained the issue.

You followed up by essentially dismissing that and saying let’s talk about something else.

Never once did you engage with the merits of what I was saying about Falcon or about the specifics of what Falcon was saying.

What part of what I’ve just said here is inaccurate?
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:03 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Yes. The entire game. It all started by by saying you liked JJJ's effort on D1.

It just stick out to me because he's the only one you have a read on when several others have actually posted content since then.
Fair, I’ve been at work and I’m still not home so at this point I’ve only been interacting with you
I haven’t read most of anything after 9pm yesterday till now
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"

hmmmmmmmmmmm

The whole thing or the read on Sporty?
The whole fucking thing

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Dennis wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:23 am Yo so anyways let's bury wolf Dennis

Vote: Dennis
You have to use the tags (ignore this if you did and im not caught up)
I don't believe in using tags

ImageImage

SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

Me: wow I better check the game thread. Oh good, looks like I didn't miss too much/have a ton to catch up on

Also me: realizing that I misunderstood the site layout again and actually have 6 pages to read

HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland
☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine

ImageImage

SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

Also also me: trying and failing to post a gif. Can't edit to fix the gif

HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”