[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 134

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:08 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm caught up
Animal Midwife wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:03 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:58 pm Boy I am angry and exhausted
Mechanically outted
This post deserved some lols.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:24 pm Well one thing’s for sure- Miranda wagon came out of nowhere and while I don’t think it’s odd, they are not going to be the leading wagon at end of day. Mark my words
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:53 pm inb4 ‘sounds like you’re defending your partner miranda’
Sure thing
ur being weird :/
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:11 am
santygrass wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:37 pm
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:22 pm PSV is not currently a wolf
Here
I find the wording Intresting

Why currently?
"Intresting"
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:42 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:36 am [VOTE: Animal Midwife] aubergine
In Midwife’s defense she has a pretty unique play style and cadence that can come off as stiff, and at times people, especially people who aren’t used to playing with her, find it extremely Wolfy despite it being NAI.

So I’d tread cautiously on this one. There’s generally more accurate ways to solve Midwife. She typically doesn’t bus, for example.
hm.
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:56 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:47 am

Share with the class
If I recap your ISO, it is

*fluff* then

a vote on Dennis, whom you likely don't know and some people from TS have expressed suspicion on, but IMO they look fine thus far.

A weird post saying that the first thing that probably actually matters (the 3-vote wagon) wasn't important.

then a lot of questions that don't seem to be designed to go anywhere and hedgy non-takes where you comment on things but the comments are all "This isn't AI" or "that's not enough to form a read".

This looks like an archetype wolf entrance into the game.
I'm not convinced, but if nothing else this push seems very town
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:59 am
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:56 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:50 am @Neon , I was just looking for clarity. AM’s wording could be read either way, and I didn’t want to make assumptions with a person new to me.
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Could you clarify the Sean village read to me? I'm not sure if I'm getting tilted.
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:04 am

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Could you clarify the Sean village read to me? I'm not sure if I'm getting tilted.
So uh Sean is a player who will probably tilt you yes and who defs picks people and hard tunnels them early to "get the game started" and who believes in these tiny little reads that I think are rarely actually right and who will later on probably get so far behind he will just ask people who to vote

Buttttt has very good at what he does and you just have to read into if he believes what he's tunneling and with you I think he does or if he's making it up for a valid reason if he doesn't believe it like to get out of rvs or something.

As wolf I think he tends to hard tunnel with kid gloves and doesn't have the conviction behind it.
^endorsed

he is indeed tilting at times but the way he seemed (imo) to eventually leave this conversation seems towny (imo)
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:03 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 am I am excited to finally play a game with you where I am not a wolf.
same!
dyachei/marmot w/t confirmed
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 am Sloonei is prodding in random places, which while I don't think is hard town meta for him to replicate, it does look like his town meta, so I would give him a townlean for now.
you-dont-have-to-hand-it-to-him.jpg
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:01 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:52 am Wait quick question

Does the Syndicate usually play with mafia as the bad affiliation or wolves?

*squints*
Answers from syndicate regulars are appreciated too, even if dy is correct
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.
scum!

is the word I use sorry not a read hehehe ;)
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:02 pm This is a wolf, full stop.
I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.
lotta posting and solving for falcon

is he just not busy rn or something?
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?
Excuse my ignorance, what is a Breedlove? I am neither

Scotty was pretty close with their guess! I was pretty impressed!
Q: When you catch up in a thread, do you typically read from where you left or, jump right into the thread, both, neither, or it depends?
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:29 am
Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:00 am
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:09 pm Hello Syndicate users,

I am Sporty. This is my fifth WW game and I favor highposters.
Oh we are gonna be best friends
The only thing that was true there is that she is Sporty. This being her fifth WW game and loving high posters were aggressively lies. I’m 76% sure she’s vig shot people for high posting.
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:18 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:11 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:08 am

I was asking specifically for what the host calls them

But if terminology is fairly interchangeable then what I thought I found might not be a slip after all

Do you have any opinions about any of the SDN players at this point?
I already clearly stated that PSV is in my “town for now” bucket, and I’m voting Miranda.

I think AM is playing within her village meta but I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever independently caught her wolfing
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:54 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:41 am
:shrug:
Sporty voice: tone

Like a Fender vs Gibson kinda thing?
More like a Breedlove vs Seagull thing
hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm getting a vibe here. Apologies if it's wrong.
[VOTE: SportPonies] aubergine, explanation in spoiler, and no it's not satisfying
This feels extremely hedgy and weird...why?

The whole thing or the read on Sporty?
The whole fucking thing

Nice.

Feisty neon is town neon
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:25 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:04 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:37 am Don't know 'em well enough to say for sure, but they look like it.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

a vote on Dennis, whom you likely don't know and some people from TS have expressed suspicion on, but IMO they look fine thus far.

A weird post saying that the first thing that probably actually matters (the 3-vote wagon) wasn't important.

then a lot of questions that don't seem to be designed to go anywhere and hedgy non-takes where you comment on things but the comments are all "This isn't AI" or "that's not enough to form a read".

All the fluff was from D0. I don't know why you're acting like I've been wasting D1 avoiding any solving.

Which people from TS said Dennis was an issue before my vote? And are you confidently saying he's village when he's barely posted any content? Why does my familiarity with Dennis matter?

Where did I say that any wagon doesn't matter?

You're selectively reading and misinterpreting because the people I said were NAI have posted minimal to zero content. Either you're TMIing them or you're stumbling whole making up reasoning to push me that a full lie. I'm wondering if it's a roundabout way to protect Dennis.
I'm not. I'm just recapping your ISO. Did you not fluff into your Dennis vote?

Don't remember, don't know what this question does to further our conversation though unless you think I'm lying.

My point is that while I could see someone familiar with Dennis possibly seeing something meta-related to justify suspicion at this point, I don't think someone not familiar with Dennis would. If you are seeing something, then please share with the class. If not, it seems like an opportunistic vote.

You didn't say exactly that, but this post IMO feels like discouraging discussion about the first real thing that happened:
Animal Midwife wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 pm
Zenge wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:20 pm I do not like the Miranda wagon. This is happening too fast
3 out of 24 votes is hardly anything to get worked up about especially with over 47 hours left.
Is this OMGUS I see?
If my vote were a joke, you'd know. Every vote of mine has a reason.

I believe you're misrepresenting so please show your work.

I don't need meta to try and form reads on people. I'm going to ask you something point blank again. Are you village reading Dennis? If so, tell me exactly what's he's done that's outside of his wolf range. I want Dennis to bring the energy I saw him fluffing with yesterday.

Do you agree that Miranda's wagon is suspicious and that it happened too quickly?

What exactly are you calling OMGUS?
"I want Dennis to bring the energy I saw him fluffing with yesterday"

But you also mentioned before that I had no content (which is true), which kinda implies you want me to be serious, so I don't really know what you expect from me now
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Re: [DAY 0] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by Dennis »

The only thing that was true there is that she is Sporty. This being her fifth WW game and loving high posters were aggressively lies. I’m 76% sure she’s vig shot people for high posting.
This is so funny and I think makes you two not w/w for reasons like [REDACTED]
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Animal Midwife »

Dennis wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:30 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:37 am Don't know 'em well enough to say for sure, but they look like it.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

All the fluff was from D0. I don't know why you're acting like I've been wasting D1 avoiding any solving.

Which people from TS said Dennis was an issue before my vote? And are you confidently saying he's village when he's barely posted any content? Why does my familiarity with Dennis matter?

You're selectively reading and misinterpreting because the people I said were NAI have posted minimal to zero content. Either you're TMIing them or you're stumbling whole making up reasoning to push me that a full lie. I'm wondering if it's a roundabout way to protect Dennis.

Don't remember, don't know what this question does to further our conversation though unless you think I'm lying.

My point is that while I could see someone familiar with Dennis possibly seeing something meta-related to justify suspicion at this point, I don't think someone not familiar with Dennis would. If you are seeing something, then please share with the class. If not, it seems like an opportunistic vote.

You didn't say exactly that, but this post IMO feels like discouraging discussion about the first real thing that happened:
Zenge wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:20 pm I do not like the Miranda wagon. This is happening too fast
3 out of 24 votes is hardly anything to get worked up about especially with over 47 hours left.
Is this OMGUS I see?

I don't need meta to try and form reads on people. I'm going to ask you something point blank again. Are you village reading Dennis? If so, tell me exactly what's he's done that's outside of his wolf range. I want Dennis to bring the energy I saw him fluffing with yesterday.

Do you agree that Miranda's wagon is suspicious and that it happened too quickly?

But you also mentioned before that I had no content (which is true), which kinda implies you want me to be serious, so I don't really know what you expect from me now
I'm ready for you to start gamesolving.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

I'm super tired and deflated lately so I have little energy left for this game. I'm just gonna react to things in real time and read the current page.
That said... I think Zenge sounds alright. I'm intrigued by his falcon read but if anything I think Sloonei has the weirdest reaction to it from what I've seen
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

@Zenge You are misreading my energy and intentions. As I have repeatedly said, I am not looking to engage with you on your read or disagreement with falcon. I am not telling you to drop it either. I simply wanted to tell you that the things you are objecting to in falcon's play are not out of character for him. You and he may continue to feel each other out if you think it is necessary. It might be. It might also cause more harm than good if you both get locked in a tunnel.

But, for me, I have already seen about as much as I need from this particular exchange from each of you. I have seen that falcon is playing with his typical energy, which is a slight mark in his favor (simply because playing without that energy would be a concern). I have also gotten a preliminary glimpse into the kind of player that you are. My kneejerk reaction is that you are somebody who will deliberately explore an individual case or hunch with great vigor when you believe you are onto something. I think the inevitable outcome of you and falcon bumping into each other is exactly what we have seen here. Thus, I will be more interested in seeing how each of you reacts and responds to other things later in the game.

A bit about me: I tend to be a very patient and reserved player early in games. I like to let the game breathe a bit while I poke and prod my way around. That is what I have been doing here. I have avoided getting into "the merits of your case" against Falcon because that is not what is of interest to me at this moment.

Now, as for you using false quotations to put words in my mouth, I was speaking very literally there. Observe:
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 pm Instead you dismissed my wolf read by saying “you know Falcon better”
These are not words that I said. It would not be inaccurate to say that my intention was to provide insight into falcon's character. But I did not say it in the way you are you suggesting.
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 pm followed that up with “let’s talk about something else…”
This is also not something that I said. I have explained why I think this is a misreading of my intentions.
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:25 pm or are you going to “disengage from this nonsense”?
This is the worst offense. I never used the words "disengage" or "nonsense", or even remotely implied either of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 134

Post by falcon45ca »

My flu meds are kickin' in...I am sleep now
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Old Shool Syndicats laughing as I describe myself as a reserved player.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Share with the class

*fluff* then

Is this OMGUS I see?

AM I can't even tell who you're responding to here
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Animal Midwife »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:34 pm

*fluff* then

Is this OMGUS I see?

Then put your damn glasses on
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

@Sloonei What do you think of Neon (I think) saying falcon feels OOC?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:36 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:34 pm

Is this OMGUS I see?

Then put your damn glasses on
They're on. I see the exciting text. Are you talking to Dennis?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

@NateTheLesser Why are you voting Zenge?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Neon wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:37 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:34 pm
When you say “this is what he does”, it sounds like you’re saying “this is NAI”, is that correct?
Not necessarily. I would lean very slightly towards a town read on him. But, at the very least, he should not be scumread for playing the role of antagonist like this.
I actually think falcon is kinda behaving out of character
I did not see this. How and where is falcon being out of character?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
SportPonies
tie goon
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by SportPonies »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:41 pm
When you say “this is what he does”, it sounds like you’re saying “this is NAI”, is that correct?
Not necessarily. I would lean very slightly towards a town read on him. But, at the very least, he should not be scumread for playing the role of antagonist like this.
You feel villagey
My undertitle magically says tie goon and I'm very excited about it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:44 pm
You feel villagey
Thank you, tie goon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 168

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:33 pm Old Shool Syndicats laughing as I describe myself as a reserved player.
:haha: Sloonei quiet

As someone who returned recently from a long break, I’ve been involved in some culture shock of my own recently. You learn that not everyone does things the same way.

I read what you did as trying to Kumbaya a bit. I’m a bit more intrigued by the person who read your post so negatively.

I get in trouble for being defensive and reactive a lot but it’s just my nature.

Is this kind of reaction the norm for Zenge, SDN people?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

You feel villagey
That is not the impression I was getting
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:33 pm Old Shool Syndicats laughing as I describe myself as a reserved player.

As someone who returned recently from a long break, I’ve been involved in some culture shock of my own recently. You learn that not everyone does things the same way.

I read what you did as trying to Kumbaya a bit. I’m a bit more intrigued by the person who read your post so negatively.

I get in trouble for being defensive and reactive a lot but it’s just my nature.

Is this kind of reaction the norm for Zenge, SDN people?
Is there a "normal" for Zenge?
I haven't seen anything I'd consider wolf indicative for Zenge.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Mechanically outted
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:24 pm Well one thing’s for sure- Miranda wagon came out of nowhere and while I don’t think it’s odd, they are not going to be the leading wagon at end of day. Mark my words
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:53 pm inb4 ‘sounds like you’re defending your partner miranda’
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"
In Midwife’s defense she has a pretty unique play style and cadence that can come off as stiff, and at times people, especially people who aren’t used to playing with her, find it extremely Wolfy despite it being NAI.

So I’d tread cautiously on this one. There’s generally more accurate ways to solve Midwife. She typically doesn’t bus, for example.
hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:50 am @Neon , I was just looking for clarity. AM’s wording could be read either way, and I didn’t want to make assumptions with a person new to me.
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
So uh Sean is a player who will probably tilt you yes and who defs picks people and hard tunnels them early to "get the game started" and who believes in these tiny little reads that I think are rarely actually right and who will later on probably get so far behind he will just ask people who to vote

Buttttt has very good at what he does and you just have to read into if he believes what he's tunneling and with you I think he does or if he's making it up for a valid reason if he doesn't believe it like to get out of rvs or something.

As wolf I think he tends to hard tunnel with kid gloves and doesn't have the conviction behind it.
^endorsed

he is indeed tilting at times but the way he seemed (imo) to eventually leave this conversation seems towny (imo)
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 am I am excited to finally play a game with you where I am not a wolf.
same!
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 am Sloonei is prodding in random places, which while I don't think is hard town meta for him to replicate, it does look like his town meta, so I would give him a townlean for now.

*squints*
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.
scum!

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?

Q: When you catch up in a thread, do you typically read from where you left or, jump right into the thread, both, neither, or it depends?

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:05 am

Are you asking whether it's mafia or wolves?

The host will often call them the mafia team, but the players here often use the terms interchangeably.

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"
"Player Z do be howlin'."

But if terminology is fairly interchangeable then what I thought I found might not be a slip after all

I already clearly stated that PSV is in my “town for now” bucket, and I’m voting Miranda.

I think AM is playing within her village meta but I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever independently caught her wolfing
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:39 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:35 am

It's just her tone.
But I mentored someone else during her first game, modded her second, and if I did play with her, it was after subbing in on like D2 for someone who was digging themselves a hole.

Edit: meaning I need to refer back to some old games to see if this is legit or not

I guess I missed it, what's her tone diff that you're seeing here?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

[VOTE: SportPonies] aubergine, explanation in spoiler, and no it's not satisfying
because it's me?

(oh yeah *high fives myself* that's the best response in a crossover game 😎)
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Anyhow Zenge tends to be fairly aggressive when he thinks he's found a wolf. I can't recall him accurately imitating that tone when he's been scum but 🤔
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:11 pm
Mechanically outted
Sure thing
Here

Why currently?
"Intresting"

hm.
Share with the class

*fluff* then

Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez
Dope

SVS
Sean
Neon
AM

All obv town

Game ez

^endorsed

same!

*squints*
scum!

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:05 am

Are you asking whether it's mafia or wolves?

The host will often call them the mafia team, but the players here often use the terms interchangeably.

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"
"Player Z do be howlin'."

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:39 am

I guess I missed it, what's her tone diff that you're seeing here?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably because it’s hedgy and weird.
also valid
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm
Hey now, I didn't say quiet! What's with all these misquotes? :biggrin:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

When will I stop being a patsy??
Fun fact: we have a cat at the shelter named "Catsy Cline"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.
You feel villagey
This is not uncommon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

I wonder if sporty is still around
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Can you respond to a single post without getting the entire quote train or if you want one quote do you have to take the entire family
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:32 pm
@Zenge You are misreading my energy and intentions. As I have repeatedly said, I am not looking to engage with you on your read or disagreement with falcon. I am not telling you to drop it either. I simply wanted to tell you that the things you are objecting to in falcon's play are not out of character for him. You and he may continue to feel each other out if you think it is necessary. It might be. It might also cause more harm than good if you both get locked in a tunnel.

But, for me, I have already seen about as much as I need from this particular exchange from each of you. I have seen that falcon is playing with his typical energy, which is a slight mark in his favor (simply because playing without that energy would be a concern). I have also gotten a preliminary glimpse into the kind of player that you are. My kneejerk reaction is that you are somebody who will deliberately explore an individual case or hunch with great vigor when you believe you are onto something. I think the inevitable outcome of you and falcon bumping into each other is exactly what we have seen here. Thus, I will be more interested in seeing how each of you reacts and responds to other things later in the game.

A bit about me: I tend to be a very patient and reserved player early in games. I like to let the game breathe a bit while I poke and prod my way around. That is what I have been doing here. I have avoided getting into "the merits of your case" against Falcon because that is not what is of interest to me at this moment.

Now, as for you using false quotations to put words in my mouth, I was speaking very literally there. Observe:
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 pm Instead you dismissed my wolf read by saying “you know Falcon better”
These are not words that I said. It would not be inaccurate to say that my intention was to provide insight into falcon's character. But I did not say it in the way you are you suggesting.
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 pm followed that up with “let’s talk about something else…”
This is also not something that I said. I have explained why I think this is a misreading of my intentions.
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:25 pm or are you going to “disengage from this nonsense”?
This is the worst offense. I never used the words "disengage" or "nonsense", or even remotely implied either of them.
[/spoiler]
I was summarizing your words, and how you were approaching the situation and the thread. It’s true, I didn’t say the words you said exactly as you said them. These were my interpretations.

It’s certainly possible I misinterpreted your tone and intent.

The first one for example, which was the very first time you’d waded into the discussion your exact words were “ I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.”.

You didn’t address the merits of what was actually being discussed between Falcon and I. Out of everything that had been discussed, you simply said I'd say it looks more like a falcon. “This is what he does.”

Now I interpreted that as you dismissing everything I said by simply saying “I know Falcon better”.

How is that not a fair interpretation of your words? You refused to engage with the specifics on their merits, and you continue to do so as of this post. Instead of talking about what was being discussed you said “this is just what he does”.

You obviously have to know him better to be able to say, “this is just what he does”. And by not addressing the merits of the discussion directly, and by saying “ I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.” you did in fact dismiss the merits of my argument, did you not?

Ergo, I don’t think it’s unreasonable or unfair to summarize your “I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.” As dismissing my argument entirely on the simple reason that you know Falcon better.

I could continue with each of these, and discuss why my interpretations of your statements are fair, but I think I’ve made my point.
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:50 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm

You feel villagey
This is not uncommon.
PSV/sporty not paired? what you say
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:51 pm Can you respond to a single post without getting the entire quote train or if you want one quote do you have to take the entire family
You will have to delete things manually to get rid of the full quote chain, unfortunately.

You can also highlight specific text that you want to quote, but that feature can be fussy at times.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:51 pm Can you respond to a single post without getting the entire quote train or if you want one quote do you have to take the entire family
gotta take it initially but sometimes I'll edit it down later (and then I do my own little quirk of putting [ed note: stuff removed above or below or w/e] because I like giving context)
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:50 pm I wonder if sporty is still around
Abigail,

I feel our kin calling. I hope they decide what they need soon, for I must hunt for medicinal herbs.

Good thing I have a gun

Warmly,

Mother
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm
You will have to delete things manually to get rid of the full quote chain, unfortunately.

You can also highlight specific text that you want to quote, but that feature can be fussy at times.
Thanks. Testing
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm
Abigail,

I feel our kin calling. I hope they decide what they need soon, for I must hunt for medicinal herbs.

Good thing I have a gun

Warmly,

Mother
Is this a thinly veiled hint that you're shooting Zenge? Lol
Does this make me mayo's Abigail, too?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

pyxxy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm
This would be a very easy little interaction to fake tbh
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Abigail,

Good thing I have a gun

Warmly,

Mother
Why were you asking if I’m still around, dearest granddaughter?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm Now I interpreted that as you dismissing everything I said by simply saying “I know Falcon better”.

How is that not a fair interpretation of your words? You refused to engage with the specifics on their merits, and you continue to do so as of this post. Instead of talking about what was being discussed you said “this is just what he does”.
It felt as though you took my interjection as more of an attack against your argument than I intended it to be. This is not to say you are at fault. I understand how it could be perceived that way, and I wasn't very careful or articulate in my wording either. I do know falcon better than you, and I was trying to weigh in with some background knowledge. I was not trying to tell you to stop talking to or about him.

I do not think any of this bears going into further. My apologies for causing a headache.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

Game Fast.

14 pages.

Haven't read.

ANYWAYS @Neon you meme voting Dennis?

@falcon45ca/@NateTheLesser please iterate on why Zenge?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Abigail,

Good thing I have a gun

Warmly,

Mother
Why were you asking if I’m still around, dearest granddaughter?
I wanted to know your opinion on the Zenge question that was asked. If it's normal for him to act this way re:falcon and Sloonei
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:00 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm Now I interpreted that as you dismissing everything I said by simply saying “I know Falcon better”.

It felt as though you took my interjection as more of an attack against your argument than I intended it to be. This is not to say you are at fault. I understand how it could be perceived that way, and I wasn't very careful or articulate in my wording either. I do know falcon better than you, and I was trying to weigh in with some background knowledge. I was not trying to tell you to stop talking to or about him.

I do not think any of this bears going into further. My apologies for causing a headache.
Awww you and mighty both talk like Benoit Blanc
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:01 pm Game Fast.

14 pages.

Haven't read.

ANYWAYS @Neon you meme voting Dennis?

@falcon45ca/@NateTheLesser please iterate on why Zenge?
👋
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Ahhhh forgot that one looks like a slap
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ah! I have been slapped!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:00 pm

Awww you and mighty both talk like Benoit Blanc
I may be from New England, but I encourage you to read all of my posts with a charming Cajun accent.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:05 pm Ah! I have been slapped!
That's what you get for licking everyone in the GoC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm
This would be a very easy little interaction to fake tbh
this response is sort of not to you, sorry: people always say this when I note stuff like this

but like

do wolves actually actively try to fake the small stuff?

rarely, imo

and if they do, then we're forcing them to do more work + maybe slip up

in conclusion. PSV/sporty not w/w.
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:03 am Dennis is playing with a high amount of unabated excitement this game, and some of his engagements seem like they're posting content for the sake of content like in #245.

I'd lean slightly wolf on him atm. The reason I don't feel more strongly yet is much of that content was Day 0, and I also opted to post zero game-related content during that time.
What
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:06 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:05 pm Ah! I have been slapped!
That's what you get for licking everyone in the GoC.
Well stop being so tasty!
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”