75%

Total votes: 8
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Summer Sh*t Night 0

Post by staypositivefriend »

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:10 pm Seanzie >rand V, tbh.

I kind of already had a faint-ish read on him as I don't think a wolf going for an early-aggro play would poke at three people like that as just going after one would suffice without fearing much pushback.

His turn on PSV doesn't really feel like a move a wolf would do being that he could just capitalize on the push as he was being already TR'd over his aggression.
yah i agree, doesnt seem like he's interested in cultivating a positive image in the thread or making friends
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:13 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:09 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:55 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:42 pm seanzie is my first townread
Why?
i liked that you were being an instigator in the thread at a point when everyone else was just vibing/filler posting, particularly with the way you dunked on psv on #61 when i get the impression that u would want to make a friendlier impression as a wolf
I feel like you're being too charitable with this read unless Seanzie's a weak wolf, tbh.

I dunk on people on the first page every time when I rand W as that's basically the easiest way to get TRs early-game. You yourself incorrectly TR'd me over that in that game with Syn and Illario, remember?
i don't know what seanzie's wolfrange is like, and i'm very much aware that a wolf is capable of posting what he has posted so far. i think that it's still behavior that comes from town than wolves more often than not

also tbf the way that im going to approach reading you and the way im going to approach reading seanzie are very different
Camilla
The Mark
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:12 pm ...bright and the use of the :P emoji on p#59 felt out of character and like u were trying to put on a persona that you don't actually have
Good catch.

I've been trying to change my overall tone as it kind of feels a bit too abrasive and unfriendly at times. Same thing happened in a Champs Practice game I had a while ago so if I get wolfread over it again then I'm p sure that I can obvtown myself with my actual content, so lol.
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:16 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:42 pm seanzie is my first townread
Why?
i liked that you were being an instigator in the thread at a point when everyone else was just vibing/filler posting, particularly with the way you dunked on psv on #61 when i get the impression that u would want to make a friendlier impression as a wolf
I feel like you're being too charitable with this read unless Seanzie's a weak wolf, tbh.

I dunk on people on the first page every time when I rand W as that's basically the easiest way to get TRs early-game. You yourself incorrectly TR'd me over that in that game with Syn and Illario, remember?
i don't know what seanzie's wolfrange is like, and i'm very much aware that a wolf is capable of posting what he has posted so far. i think that it's still behavior that comes from town than wolves more often than not

also tbf the way that im going to approach reading you and the way im going to approach reading seanzie are very different
I mean, yeah, Am I'm in the thread rn so if you have any thoughts or questions about me then fire away.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:59 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:56 pm
Camilla wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:36 pm There's a certain level of terseness and defensiveness displayed by PSV that caught my eye as everyone else kind of just shrugged off Seanzie's "suspicions" which felt more like a shitpost but PSV kind of just interpreted it in a serious manner.
He said serious read, so I took it seriously. I find his reasoning lackluster.
do you think that says anything about his alignment?
Nah, not necessarily. Misreading me isn't always scummy.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:19 pm
Why?

I mean, yeah, Am I'm in the thread rn so if you have any thoughts or questions about me then fire away.
do you have any reads outside of seanzie?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:23 am How do I live forever?

I want to know.
Who wants to live forever? Not me. I think current human lifespan is already too long.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:01 pm spent 10 days taking care of my neighbor’s 2 cats

this is my last day, ama

what i’ve learnt is that boy cats poop stinks unearthly
All poop stinks, but that tomcat urine though 😩
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also i actually went back and looked at the practice game that you're referring to: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread (this one, right?), and your tone seems completely normal to me. i don't get the sense that you were trying to change the way you sound at all, at least based on the first page of your ISO
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i was expecting the actual answer to be that you sounded different from usual because you were playing on a secret alt and you felt emboldened to experiment with your tone, not that you've been making a concerted effort to change your tone across all of your games(?)
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:07 pm
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:24 am who's ur favorite anime character?
Ohhh such a good question

Is this girl!

My girl Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura
good choice! ive been watching fruits basket lately and tohru is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites tbh
Fair. I have much Fruits Basket merch. But my childhood animes Cardcaptor and Sailor Moon hold special places in my heart.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:06 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:30 pm
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 am
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:41 am
Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:18 am
There was very little questioning of you and/or follow-up from him.

The suspicion's either a Mac-like reaction test or just a shitpost as I don't think it's sincere in the slightest.
Well see the thing is it's a reaction test but something tells me PSV is actually gonna get tunneled by Sean now.
*Checks to do list*

Make breakfast

Work out

Play guitar

Write final exams

tunnel PSV

*puts to do list away*

Wow, how did you know?
We have a history you and I. I have figured it out.

Also because I've been side eyeing PSVs reaction so I assume you would be... but worse.
FTR, it was a joke. What did you find sus about PSV's reaction?

I am making a concerted effort to not "tunnel" people when I can, but even if I wasn't, I thought PSV's reaction was fine.
Well mainly everything.
Excellent explanation.
☆Princess Abigail☆

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:21 pm

I want to know.
Who wants to live forever? Not me. I think current human lifespan is already too long.
I don't want to either. To be fair. I'm on medication to specifically make me stop wanting to do the opposite of that so a normal life span seems good.

But that song got stuck in my head so you must suffer with me.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:28 pm
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:06 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:30 pm
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 am
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:41 am
Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:18 am

There was very little questioning of you and/or follow-up from him.

The suspicion's either a Mac-like reaction test or just a shitpost as I don't think it's sincere in the slightest.
Well see the thing is it's a reaction test but something tells me PSV is actually gonna get tunneled by Sean now.
*Checks to do list*

Make breakfast

Work out

Play guitar

Write final exams

tunnel PSV

*puts to do list away*

Wow, how did you know?
We have a history you and I. I have figured it out.

Also because I've been side eyeing PSVs reaction so I assume you would be... but worse.
FTR, it was a joke. What did you find sus about PSV's reaction?

I am making a concerted effort to not "tunnel" people when I can, but even if I wasn't, I thought PSV's reaction was fine.
Well mainly everything.
Excellent explanation.
Thank you. I thought so too.

ImageImage

Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:21 pm
Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:19 pm
Why?

do you have any reads outside of seanzie?
Yes? I feel like Zenon's kind of villagery as while her "give me content" post felt a bit performative I do not think it's wolfy for her and I feel like her lack of pressure to actually get into the content and make shit up feels like she's easygoing enough for a TR at this stage of the game.

I wanna poke PSV when the actual game began as aside from their reaction to Seanzie I already had suspicions pertaining to this post here as it kind of felt like they were overplaying paranoia here since I don't get the reasoning for the "maybe" at the end of the posts unless they were worried that they'd be seen as too buddying with me.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:20 pm At least I'm not the only baby(ish) newcomer(ish) in this game. Camilla can be my friend, maybe.
That's roughly it as the rest of the player basically seem to be kind of existing in their own islands.
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:24 pm also i actually went back and looked at the practice game that you're referring to: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread (this one, right?), and your tone seems completely normal to me. i don't get the sense that you were trying to change the way you sound at all, at least based on the first page of your ISO
And a slight V lean here for not taking my explanation about my tone at face value, tbh.

I don't get how you're not seeing my tone shift there? I tried intentionally to seem more jokingish/friendly there and got like 3 villagers on my wagon at RVS.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

10PM London time
;)
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:29 pm

I want to know.
I don't want to either. To be fair. I'm on medication to specifically make me stop wanting to do the opposite of that so a normal life span seems good.

Oh, I didn't realize this was a song. Can't get it stuck in my head if I don't know what it is.
Also medication friends, heyo.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 156
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

fwiw i feel like giving reads rn would be a LEAK due to 2 non posters

but i’ll add a wolfy remark of i kinda like where things are headed and have noticed nothing that i was going “huh wat” in my head to

a bit of a thing i spotted was alice stating a rand v read on seanzie and then making a post to spf saying she shouldn’t give him an easy villa pass, gth it feels bad but if i’m thinking about it, i don’t see what point it accomplishes as a wolf. might be a villagery progression
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

alice = camilla oops
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Alice= SPF?
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Oh. Okay Alice=Camilla, Jess=SPF?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:43 pm Oh. Okay Alice=Camilla, Jess=SPF?
yea
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:41 pm fwiw i feel like giving reads rn would be a LEAK due to 2 non posters

but i’ll add a wolfy remark of i kinda like where things are headed and have noticed nothing that i was going “huh wat” in my head to

a bit of a thing i spotted was alice stating a rand v read on seanzie and then making a post to spf saying she shouldn’t give him an easy villa pass, gth it feels bad but if i’m thinking about it, i don’t see what point it accomplishes as a wolf. might be a villagery progression
What do you mean by you like where things are headed?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:41 pm fwiw i feel like giving reads rn would be a LEAK due to 2 non posters

i thought it was hypocritical at face value for alice to discredit my townread on seanzie for not being ~substantive~ enough while townreading seanzie for a nearly identical reason, but i think it might be hypocritical in a towny way bcuz wolves are usually more cautious about coming off as contradictory like that
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:43 pm

I don’t disagree with any reads stated etc is what i meant, tho i didn’t read with too much caution

i’m a very lazy d1 player. and this isn’t even d1 yet tbh
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:24 pm also i actually went back and looked at the practice game that you're referring to: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread (this one, right?), and your tone seems completely normal to me. i don't get the sense that you were trying to change the way you sound at all, at least based on the first page of your ISO
And a slight V lean here for not taking my explanation about my tone at face value, tbh.

I don't get how you're not seeing my tone shift there? I tried intentionally to seem more jokingish/friendly there and got like 3 villagers on my wagon at RVS.
yeah, i honestly don't see a clear difference. i think the tone in the first few posts of your ISO is maybe a bit sillier than it usually is (especially the use of the OWOs), but it seems like you revert back to normal aggressive alice posting almost immediately after

i'm just trying to decide if you believe it
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 pm

I don’t disagree with any reads stated etc is what i meant, tho i didn’t read with too much caution

I mean, Seanzie is TRing me and Neon is scumreading me so I'm not sure how you agree with both.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also hi bestie it's nice to be playing with u again~
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 22

Post by fingersplints »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:43 pm Oh. Okay Alice=Camilla, Jess=SPF?
Hey guys, just a reminder. It’s great to have friends, but when we use names unknown to others it makes things confusing to others.

For example nanook posts “hey Mandi, your being a B”
All of you might not know my name is Mandi, or if it’s a joke. As I said it’s good to have friends but let’s post so everyone feels included. Because in mafia, isn’t that what we want? Town wants everyone to read their posts, and mafia wants to pretend like they want that. :) thanks guys
Gro-oo-ovy
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:43 pm

i thought it was hypocritical at face value for alice to discredit my townread on seanzie for not being ~substantive~ enough while townreading seanzie for a nearly identical reason, but i think it might be hypocritical in a towny way bcuz wolves are usually more cautious about coming off as contradictory like that
Not really unless I misunderstood your original townread?

I thought you originally townread him for being aggressive at the early game which is easy for an experienced wolf to do meanwhile I townread him for being specifically aggressive towards three people at the same time, which is overdoing the aggro play and actually risks getting on the bad side of three players.
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

Yh, just call me Camilla here.

I reverted to calling Jess SPF after my opening as I don't like how alt names cause confusion like this.
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:47 pm

yeah, i honestly don't see a clear difference. i think the tone in the first few posts of your ISO is maybe a bit sillier than it usually is (especially the use of the OWOs), but it seems like you revert back to normal aggressive alice posting almost immediately after

This one in the Practice game?

i'll probably revert to my normal self minus the abrasiveness when something wolfpings me ala Xerox's forced posts as the only thing close to a wolfread I have is PSV and a lot of their behavior can also come from a jittery villager as well.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:00 pm

i'll probably revert to my normal self minus the abrasiveness when something wolfpings me ala Xerox's forced posts as the only thing close to a wolfread I have is PSV and a lot of their behavior can also come from a jittery villager as well.
Jittery? 🤔
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:10 pm

Jittery? 🤔
Yes? You overreacted to Seanzie's false suspicion on you and my 2021 self would have tunneled you to oblivion over it lol.
☆Princess Abigail☆

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:38 pm
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:29 pm

I want to know.

Oh, I didn't realize this was a song. Can't get it stuck in my head if I don't know what it is.
Also medication friends, heyo.
Whoop whoop. I suffer from bipolar 1. It's really fun. Meds good though lol.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 pm

Jittery? 🤔
Yes? You overreacted to Seanzie's false suspicion on you and my 2021 self would have tunneled you to oblivion over it lol.
Don't worry I will do it.

ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

5 pages?

Hopefully all fluff
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

Annnnd it isn’t all fluff :disappoint:
ImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:18 pm

Jittery? 🤔
Don't worry I will do it.
Good luck with that.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Jittery? 🤔
Would have? Just tunnel me now if you want to. I don't bite.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

sig wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:28 pm 5 pages?

Hopefully all fluff
<3
;)
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:34 pm

Jittery? 🤔
Would have? Just tunnel me now if you want to. I don't bite.
Your reactions to my and Zenon's comments have been well, so I'll pass.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:03 pm
Dennis wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:39 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:35 pm
Camilla wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:43 pm
Neon wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 pm Bruhhh I need this game to have more content
Poke around Seanzie/PSV?

I’m taking it easy since this is my first game on the site, don’t expect me to get fired up until mid-ish d1.
Yeah. Poke me.
My friend said he fucking hates the owl in your profile picture
It was his exact wording I apologize on his behalf
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

I want to know.
So first you do a flip right

Then crack a raw egg over your head, do another flip, and realize you've completely wasted time you could have spent figuring out how to live forever
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:33 am :charlieblackmon:
Neon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 am
Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:43 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:42 am
Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:59 pm
do you think that says anything about his alignment?
May I know why you wanted to know why I selected those two people in particular?
tbh i didnt really care about the actual reason i was just trying to find an avenue to start game related conversation
This kind of doesn't seem like something you'd do as you normally show more inquisitiveness and curiosity than this, tbh.

What are you current thoughts on me even if they are faint?
Well dats cause SVS is a woofie.
I’m not even playing this game :suspish:
HELP THIS IS SO FUNNY
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:01 pm spent 10 days taking care of my neighbor’s 2 cats

this is my last day, ama

what i’ve learnt is that boy cats poop stinks unearthly
What's your favorite color
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 pm

This guy gets me
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

sig wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:30 pm Annnnd it isn’t all fluff :disappoint:
SIG WELCOME

BREAK THE TIE IN THE POLL QUICK
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Camilla wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:53 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:43 pm

Not really unless I misunderstood your original townread?

I thought you originally townread him for being aggressive at the early game which is easy for an experienced wolf to do meanwhile I townread him for being specifically aggressive towards three people at the same time, which is overdoing the aggro play and actually risks getting on the bad side of three players.
well i used the specific phrasing of: "seanzie would want to make a friendlier impression as a wolf", so when you townread him for being unnecessarily aggressive with multiple people, it felt like we were roughly townreading him for the same reason

Return to “Previous Hustles”