here's the part where I town it up and get out of the poe

.....after lunch
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 3

Post by pyxxy »

is there a way to search the thread for all posted votes? searching "aubergine" doesn't do it
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 pm is there a way to search the thread for all posted votes? searching "aubergine" doesn't do it
(mafiauniverse has a few nice things :/ )
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

@potentialsheltervet when you're scum, how do you feel like you give out reads?

Do you often townreads townies or your scummates or both? Do you push townies or do you prefer to bus your scummates? Or do you feel like you struggle posting reads as scum?
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 156
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Summer Sh*t Night 2

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:45 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:31 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:29 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:28 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:26 pm the fact that i tied seanzie on d1 when it would have been extremely easy to make anyone else go over and the fact that i actively POE'd falcon throughout yesterday and showed no resistance to him dying should be evidence enough that i'm townsiding and that i'm not playing with a specific agenda, but i did self-vote once so i guess that's pretty scummy
Now this post is just condescending. I've played like a lost townie thus far?
no, you've played well, but you are scumreading me because i self-voted as a joke and because you are failing to understand a really basic strategy. i'm not trying to be condescending, but that doesn't make you any less wrong
That's far from the only reason I've given. I figured out it was you yesterday, before you self voted and you knew it. That's why you asked me if I thought you were wolf.
tbh i do remember that and remember feeling off about it

mostly cuz idk why spf would be curious about that since it seems like a solving question when you're p much ~lock clear
@staypositivefriend can you answer this? why were you curious as to whether she was wolfreading you or not?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:03 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm i think that falcon was very much in anti-spew for almost the entirety of yesterday, for whatever that is worth. i have seen him try to survive as scum before and i have seen him try to be towny as scum before. what happened yesterday was not that
He probably knew I wasn't going to stfu, sometimes I get a little obsess-y when I think I'm right. It worked out ok this time though.
I guess lesson learned from n=2 games on TS: always vote falcon
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 pm is there a way to search the thread for all posted votes? searching "aubergine" doesn't do it
lol, this is weird. pretty sure the whole point of the aubergine was so that you could search it

anyway, my vote is pretty much made up in my mind for now, but i'll finish my re-read and see if i spot something
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:36 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:26 pm the fact that i tied seanzie on d1 when it would have been extremely easy to make anyone else go over and the fact that i actively POE'd falcon throughout yesterday and showed no resistance to him dying should be evidence enough that i'm townsiding and that i'm not playing with a specific agenda, but i did self-vote once so i guess that's pretty scummy
no, you've played well, but you are scumreading me because i self-voted as a joke and because you are failing to understand a really basic strategy. i'm not trying to be condescending, but that doesn't make you any less wrong
That's far from the only reason I've given. I figured out it was you yesterday, before you self voted and you knew it. That's why you asked me if I thought you were wolf.

mostly cuz idk why spf would be curious about that since it seems like a solving question when you're p much ~lock clear
@staypositivefriend can you answer this? why were you curious as to whether she was wolfreading you or not?
it felt like she was constantly alluding to it without directly saying it, and it kind of bugged me tbh. there wasn't a strategic reason for asking, I just wanted her to say it
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm

it felt like she was constantly alluding to it without directly saying it, and it kind of bugged me tbh. there wasn't a strategic reason for asking, I just wanted her to say it
damn, i was hoping for a different answer

she was p much lock clear, i don't see why it'd bug you?
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:52 pm
lol, this is weird. pretty sure the whole point of the aubergine was so that you could search it

anyway, my vote is pretty much made up in my mind for now, but i'll finish my re-read and see if i spot something
"lol, this is weird. pretty sure the whole point of the aubergine was so that you could search it"
yeah and I could have sworn that I've done it before it's not like I haven't played like 10+ games on here now but uh I guess not
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:14 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm i think that falcon was very much in anti-spew for almost the entirety of yesterday, for whatever that is worth. i have seen him try to survive as scum before and i have seen him try to be towny as scum before. what happened yesterday was not that
yeah, he wasn't trying to live for sure

but his posts on psv are just ~bad, if she's my partner and im falcon, i probably just ignore her with his progression. there was thread momentum against psv previously (lemon / neon both voted, i was hard pushing) and he spends time making posts that make no logical sense w/r/t psv, which would make us feel compelled to flip her

so that just makes me feel like he was trying to set her up after his death. but all of this could be wifom idk
if you need some prompts about this exact topic, I'm busy rn but I wrote some questions that I think are good and helpful to research
pyxxy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:21 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:17 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:32 pm [VOTE: PSV] aubergine
why?
tbd but

Seanzie died with his vote on Kate (who was 99% town and is now obv town and will soon be dead town bc obv town)

falcon died with his vote on Kate (lol) but voted PSV earlier here

falcon also ended with his vote on PSV D1

did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?
the last bit
"did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?"
yeah this seems to be a reasonable angle too, which is likely wifom

but dunno. if psv is a villa then they had really unfortunate progressions and actions with the wolf guys. from villa reading sean based on something that ~didn't happen, to holding a villa read on falcon that she was willing to brush by and then defending him on the basis of "idk these meta points are clashing back to back which makes me think it's a miss"

i feel like even for myself i wouldn't go to that level of powerwolfing in terms of defending team mates
I have hope to actually vote the last wolf. Thus far I've been their unofficial teammate apparently.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:20 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:14 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:48 pm
yeah, he wasn't trying to live for sure

but his posts on psv are just ~bad, if she's my partner and im falcon, i probably just ignore her with his progression. there was thread momentum against psv previously (lemon / neon both voted, i was hard pushing) and he spends time making posts that make no logical sense w/r/t psv, which would make us feel compelled to flip her

so that just makes me feel like he was trying to set her up after his death. but all of this could be wifom idk
if you need some prompts about this exact topic, I'm busy rn but I wrote some questions that I think are good and helpful to research
pyxxy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:21 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:17 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:32 pm [VOTE: PSV] aubergine
why?
tbd but

Seanzie died with his vote on Kate (who was 99% town and is now obv town and will soon be dead town bc obv town)

falcon died with his vote on Kate (lol) but voted PSV earlier here

falcon also ended with his vote on PSV D1

did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?
the last bit
"did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?"
yeah this seems to be a reasonable angle too, which is likely wifom

but dunno. if psv is a villa then they had really unfortunate progressions and actions with the wolf guys. from villa reading sean based on something that ~didn't happen, to holding a villa read on falcon that she was willing to brush by and then defending him on the basis of "idk these meta points are clashing back to back which makes me think it's a miss"

i feel like even for myself i wouldn't go to that level of powerwolfing in terms of defending team mates
She doesn't seem invested in the game enough to go to that level of effort and planning.
Oh no, I'm not uninvested! I'm just tired, worked almost 10 hours yesterday and 8 today, and have bad reads this game.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:55 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm

damn, i was hoping for a different answer

she was p much lock clear, i don't see why it'd bug you?
shrug. i don't like being subtweeted. you can call it a pet peeve. i don't pretend like it was something that i did to help me solve the game
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:35 pm @potentialsheltervet when you're scum, how do you feel like you give out reads?

Do you often townreads townies or your scummates or both? Do you push townies or do you prefer to bus your scummates? Or do you feel like you struggle posting reads as scum?
Varies on the game. I don't know my own scum meta. There is zero planning. I just do what feels right in the moment.
I feel like I struggle posting reads as scum, yes. I also feel like I struggle posting reads as town.
I prefer to avoid bussing scummates when possible. I like winning as a family.
I posted past scum games from SDN which are a way better reference than anything I say tbh
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

I... Kinda don't want to vote SPF.
That probably means everyone else should vote SPF.
I also feel like I should respect Kate's read because she's been on fire.
We have four tries, so I guess Dennis, pyxxy, SPF, six in the pool but not equally.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:12 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:35 pm @potentialsheltervet when you're scum, how do you feel like you give out reads?

Varies on the game. I don't know my own scum meta. There is zero planning. I just do what feels right in the moment.
I feel like I struggle posting reads as scum, yes. I also feel like I struggle posting reads as town.
I prefer to avoid bussing scummates when possible. I like winning as a family.
I posted past scum games from SDN which are a way better reference than anything I say tbh
oh doh you did do that, sorry
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 pm fwiw dennis did rand wolf a few months ago in this game: viewtopic.php?t=2458. i was a wolf with him

the differences in meta between this game vs that game is one of the stronger arguments i have for him being town right now
I've randed wolf twice more, if you'd like to look at more recent games

I'm on phone so I'm not getting the link but it's the two most recent rackets
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: SixStrings ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

whatcha thinking of pops, dennis?
ImageImageImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Okay well that was certainly A catch up (tm)

I don't think spf is bad, I think Kate got conf biased (sorry mom love ya dont get mad at me 😣)

The whole strategy they got into a fight about was based on (I think) the idea that spf get mislynched the next day, so she's in the poe which I guess can be confusing

It'd be better (imo) to just give 3 names as a legacy rather than 4 while including yourself, but that's neither here nor there
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:38 pm whatcha thinking of pops, dennis?
Oh sorry I just saw this I was catching up

Umm. I have no clue how to read him at this point.

I didn't like how agreeable his reads were, I didn't like the manner where he pops in (pun intended 2 IN 1 GAME IM ON FIRE) with unexplained reads, I didn't like much of anything, and yet I'm still stuck in this paranoid "but what if he's just a lost and confused noobie" world
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Why are there so many parenthesis in my pasts two posts wtf
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Maybe I'd be better for my headspace or whatever you youngins call it to just elim six but it's like what like 4 people have said about me: it's POSSIBLE, it COULD be right, but it doesn't FEEL right
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Dennis wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:12 pm Maybe I'd be better for my headspace or whatever you youngins call it to just elim six but it's like what like 4 people have said about me: it's POSSIBLE, it COULD be right, but it doesn't FEEL right
But you said SPF doesn't feel right either.
Does anyone feel like campfire ghost stories, or is everyone a sweaty, humid night?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:44 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:27 pm just to clarify, the strategy that i'm using to win the game is one that i borrowed from jaggedjimmyjay. you take the number of eliminations left in the game and then subtract one (assuming that you will be a miselimination yourself), to create a POE that you are confident about winning the game

so my goal is simply to find 3 names that i am confident need to contain the final mafia and then force the rest of the game to sheep that solve if i ever die. given the amount of people in this game that feel obviously town, this is a very doable task
Ok. But this doesn't make my posts or feelings about you wrong. So, if I don't die tonight, I would have 3 people in my poe and myself which makes no sense, bc we'd win as soon as we lynch the one wolf who obviously isn't me. So I'm not grasping why you're putting yourself in there unless you are acquiescing that youre play is wolfy.
*your

Omg. 🤦‍♀️. @Epignosis
:disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 2

Dennis wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:51 pm
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:19 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:52 pm
Neon wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:29 am Quiet barely active doesn't give a fuck falcon is usually town ime he just wolfed and actually tried I think falcon is very much the type of player who cares about not letting his pack down so he's more active when scum.

Also also he just pocketed me as wolf and I'm not sure he's try to do literally the exact same thing two games in a row. That's uh less likely to be true though.
I'm TRing Falcon this game tbh but I think it's important to note there was an extensive discussion of his meta last game (at least, my last game? The crossover game.) so it's not unreasonable to think he might be aware and switch it up.
The more I think about it, town falcon would not come in see votes on him and just jet. I'm leaving my vote where it is.

I'd like to hear from @Neon and @Dennis re: falcon.
He's giving such little of a shit that I'm not opposed to a kill on him, but I don't outright scumread him

Like as 4 people brought up already he tries harder as scum, and he's straight up absent here. Which I don't have too hard of a time seeing as him trying to overexaggerate, but that sounds like a tinfoil that would easily lead to a miselim

Hedgy nonsense TLDR, we COULD kill him and he'd have an OK chance at being mafia but like, it's kind of a shrug. Why do you want to kill him
Dennis wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:29 am
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:50 pm I don't know what you mean by paying forward a scum agenda.

Hes hiding behind a tmi read of you. Or so he claims, but he's on ted. Nothing he's doing is making sense. This is just not how town falcon plays. At all.

Read my Isa bc I've made like 50 posts about why I think it. Plus vibes.
K I'm totally sheeping this Kate's got that fire in her eyes (to be more specific I think falcon is bad cuz of the aforementioned 50 posts, can't really make my own reasoning if someone else already said it)

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

(Get pocketed :smiling_imp:)
mmmmmmmmmmm
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dennis wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:51 pm
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:19 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:52 pm
Neon wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:29 am Quiet barely active doesn't give a fuck falcon is usually town ime he just wolfed and actually tried I think falcon is very much the type of player who cares about not letting his pack down so he's more active when scum.

Also also he just pocketed me as wolf and I'm not sure he's try to do literally the exact same thing two games in a row. That's uh less likely to be true though.
I'm TRing Falcon this game tbh but I think it's important to note there was an extensive discussion of his meta last game (at least, my last game? The crossover game.) so it's not unreasonable to think he might be aware and switch it up.
The more I think about it, town falcon would not come in see votes on him and just jet. I'm leaving my vote where it is.

I'd like to hear from @Neon and @Dennis re: falcon.
He's giving such little of a shit that I'm not opposed to a kill on him, but I don't outright scumread him

Like as 4 people brought up already he tries harder as scum, and he's straight up absent here. Which I don't have too hard of a time seeing as him trying to overexaggerate, but that sounds like a tinfoil that would easily lead to a miselim

Hedgy nonsense TLDR, we COULD kill him and he'd have an OK chance at being mafia but like, it's kind of a shrug. Why do you want to kill him
Dennis wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:29 am
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:50 pm I don't know what you mean by paying forward a scum agenda.

Hes hiding behind a tmi read of you. Or so he claims, but he's on ted. Nothing he's doing is making sense. This is just not how town falcon plays. At all.

Read my Isa bc I've made like 50 posts about why I think it. Plus vibes.
K I'm totally sheeping this Kate's got that fire in her eyes (to be more specific I think falcon is bad cuz of the aforementioned 50 posts, can't really make my own reasoning if someone else already said it)

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

(Get pocketed :smiling_imp:)
mmmmmmmmmmm
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dennis wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:47 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:46 am There is no reason to clear Six based off anyone's flip
I would agree
possibly a dumb read but i think this specific exchange between dennis and falcon could be a good look for dennis

at the time, dennis had already voiced his support for killing falcon, and he was actively voting for him and sheeping kate's read on him

so if dennis is mafia, he would have already fully committed to bussing falcon at the time that he made this post. so, why make this post at all? why signal boost a read that your partner is making when dennis would surely want to create distance between falcon and himself?

i understand that it's a small point, but something im thinking about regardless
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 1

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:12 pm I think I feel fine about falcon, Neon, and Seanzie thus far.
is psv bold enough to townread both of her partners like this super early into the game?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

psv defended falcon in such a transparent and blatant way that i'm not really sure if it makes sense for it to be her

if i work from the assumption that falcon had given up yesterday (which seems very much to be the case), then it makes sense to me for the other wolf to:

1. fully commit to bussing/distancing from falcon

2. subtly try to get the elimination elsewhere without actually hard defending or protecting neon

psv kind of taking this middle ground option where she defends falcon very brazenly throughout the dayphase without even doing anything to steer the elimination elsewhere is ...weird for a wolf to do. like yeah, it fits in a level 0 way, but i'm not sure if it is what most wolves realistically do that in scenario

@tedxtr - thots?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

pyxxy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:04 pm Ted wagon is a maybe for me, or at least was before I went to sleep. Maybe I'll ISO later, idk, not much time. I could see there being one in Ted/Falcon. I still sus Falcon, I think I just expect scum!Falcon to have returned to the thread by now? Maybe the wagons are fine, maybe he's asleep, maybe I should just be voting him instead?
pyxxy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm falcon - I'm sheeping Neon's tr on falcon
@pyxxy - what happened to your suspicion on falcon between these two posts? i can see a reality where you decided to sheep neon's tr on falcon, but it seems like you had independent suspicions of falcon prior to that point, but they seemed to disappear after you made that first post. was neon's townread on falcon enough for you to disregard your own concerns?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

sig wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:08 pm This is gonna be a general D1 vomit thought post so have fun reading it. :p

Lemon Random vote on Sean a good look.

SPF vs Camille is a bad look for SPF. We'll see how this develops as I catch up.

PSV D1 push on the low posters is a bad look.

Pyxxy is looking good even with their Six vote. I'll be a bit unhappy if they end D1 with that. Buuuuuut, I will accept the pocket. :beer:

SPF random vote for Sean is a good look and I'm taking back my prior thought on the SPF/Camille debate. Also I just saw i'm spelling camilia Name wrong. oops too late to fix is and they're dead so like :shrug: :p

D1 thoughts.

there's alot of chatter that didn't really stick out to me. granted I'm doing a quicker skim here but still.

I think the following players need to be ISO'd
SPF
PSV (?)
Sean (obviously)
Ted (I don't see a vote count, but he's the second wagon right?)
Dennis
Falcon

Off the top of my head the first 3 to vote Sean, being SPF, Neon, and Kate look good. Dennis I'm iffy on as a whole so there's some bias for his switch.

Lemon, Kate, Pyxxy, Neon, Six, and SPF are all people I'd not vote for D2 based off D1

Lemon, kate, neon, and Pyxxy are town reads.
Six and SPF both are looking to be good, but I know SPF has the ability to deep wolf so they aren't cleared yet.

Ted I need to ISO, but given he was the counterwagon it's a good look and I likely won't be voting their today.

I'm eyeballing.
1. PSV for their low poster/no poster push + general vibes.
2. Dennis for his posting style and defense of kate I need to
3. Falcon for being well within his scum range.

I'll be rereading through these 3 for sure.
would be kind of wild for sig, as mafia with one partner down, to come into d2 throwing his under partner under the bus and actively POE him but idk
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ill be around more tomorrow
staypositivefriend
Hitman

btw, campfire ghost stories are the best part of camping in general
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:19 am
pyxxy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:04 pm Ted wagon is a maybe for me, or at least was before I went to sleep. Maybe I'll ISO later, idk, not much time. I could see there being one in Ted/Falcon. I still sus Falcon, I think I just expect scum!Falcon to have returned to the thread by now? Maybe the wagons are fine, maybe he's asleep, maybe I should just be voting him instead?
pyxxy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm falcon - I'm sheeping Neon's tr on falcon
@pyxxy - what happened to your suspicion on falcon between these two posts? i can see a reality where you decided to sheep neon's tr on falcon, but it seems like you had independent suspicions of falcon prior to that point, but they seemed to disappear after you made that first post. was neon's townread on falcon enough for you to disregard your own concerns?
Yeah I mean, I think I WIFOM'd myself on falcon. I sussed him D1 because he felt off, but then I faltered on it. And after that Kate was pretty much running the wagon and I didn't feel a need to push it which is why I spent my day tunneling Dennis instead (who you've got a good quote about there and who I think comes after me in the POE chopping list).

And then I missed late EOD again but I doubt I switch to falcon since he was dead dead. If anything I wish I had pushed Dennis more to stress test that wagon but that's on me.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:16 am psv defended falcon in such a transparent and blatant way that i'm not really sure if it makes sense for it to be her

if i work from the assumption that falcon had given up yesterday (which seems very much to be the case), then it makes sense to me for the other wolf to:

1. fully commit to bussing/distancing from falcon

2. subtly try to get the elimination elsewhere without actually hard defending or protecting neon

psv kind of taking this middle ground option where she defends falcon very brazenly throughout the dayphase without even doing anything to steer the elimination elsewhere is ...weird for a wolf to do. like yeah, it fits in a level 0 way, but i'm not sure if it is what most wolves realistically do that in scenario

@tedxtr - thots?
looks fine, i guess i agree

i wanna lunch six today, take a look over his meta. In each game he had a lengthy thought post that was newbishly villa and in here none + it just fits the best to me with how a new wolf would play even without meta, but with it it fits even more imo

Playing newbie card in a way to excuse himself where it doesn’t make sense cuz he has experience and in those games he didn’t mention it a lot and if he did, he gave a credible line to show some solving or villageriness either after or in the same post

Having 2 very confident / lock clear reads as a new player, one of them on an unclearable player and then dropped a list with 7 villas and a wolf (point being new players fall to paranoia easily and it’s much easier perceiving ~everything as wolfy)

His sudden realization that villa reads are easier to get could be his TMI leaking cuz wolves have the answers and he doesn’t have to doubt everything as new villas typically do
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

and if he’s a villa, votes will be telling him his current posts aren’t enough to solve him (which they aren’t imo, but maybe i’m in the minority? dropping reads without any traceable thought should never be close to interpreting an alignment from)

and perhaps he’ll post more thoughts
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:27 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:24 pm i'm not really sure i could do spf without any words as to how / why they're a wolf

i don't view her as someone who would lunch their partner d1, especially when they got villa read early. now it does seem like maybe she couldn't have known he'd die? but a lot of us were saying he could be a wolf so it's still a risky move
Wow, have you ever seen neon bus? Bc that's nothing compared to her!
Not sure why I'm catching strays here but

Like...

I don't think this needs to be said but maybe it does. Spf is not me. She is unlikely to play like me.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:27 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:22 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:27 pm just to clarify, the strategy that i'm using to win the game is one that i borrowed from jaggedjimmyjay. you take the number of eliminations left in the game and then subtract one (assuming that you will be a miselimination yourself), to create a POE that you are confident about winning the game

so my goal is simply to find 3 names that i am confident need to contain the final mafia and then force the rest of the game to sheep that solve if i ever die. given the amount of people in this game that feel obviously town, this is a very doable task
Ok. But this doesn't make my posts or feelings about you wrong. So, if I don't die tonight, I would have 3 people in my poe and myself which makes no sense, bc we'd win as soon as we lynch the one wolf who obviously isn't me. So I'm not grasping why you're putting yourself in there unless you are acquiescing that youre play is wolfy.
.....because that's how the strategy works? you put yourself in the POE because you still have a guaranteed win even if something goes wrong and you get miseliminated

don't really know how else to explain the strategy to you. it's not about "accepting your play as wolfy", it's about guaranteeing a win through POE
.....well you're not GUARANTEED a win if no one in your POE is a wolf...or if you yourself are a wolf.
well yes....................but i think you're missing the point

the point of the strategy is that you are creating a POE that should win the game even IF you get eliminated. you are creating a path to victory and a list of eliminations that will win the game even if you are one of those eliminations. it's not a "guaranteed" win since mafia is a guessing game

i'm sorry but it's just not that hard to understand. i really don't have any other way to explain it. i am far from the first person to use this strategy and this is far from the first time i have used it
............no matter how many periods you put, you're not going to convince me that this is a sound plan.
It's actually a pretty dope strategy and I might start using it though.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:42 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:41 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:27 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:24 pm i'm not really sure i could do spf without any words as to how / why they're a wolf

i don't view her as someone who would lunch their partner d1, especially when they got villa read early. now it does seem like maybe she couldn't have known he'd die? but a lot of us were saying he could be a wolf so it's still a risky move
Wow, have you ever seen neon bus? Bc that's nothing compared to her!
have you played with her and she bussed unnecessarily fypov?
Neon is a ginormous busser. Self admitted 😀
I mean like...I am a hellbusser when it benefits me I don't bus in a way that doesn't benefit me but I digress

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Vote: Dennis

ImageImage

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine

I'm going to be a good sheep follow Kate's legacy
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

like individually, I don't really scumread SPF
and until last EOD, I trusted SPF more than anyone else in this thread

but I also didn't scumread Seanzie and I wasn't very convinced on falcon but both flipped scum
SPF is also a way spicier vote and I kind of like that
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:21 am
sig wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:08 pm This is gonna be a general D1 vomit thought post so have fun reading it. :p

Lemon Random vote on Sean a good look.

SPF vs Camille is a bad look for SPF. We'll see how this develops as I catch up.

PSV D1 push on the low posters is a bad look.

Pyxxy is looking good even with their Six vote. I'll be a bit unhappy if they end D1 with that. Buuuuuut, I will accept the pocket. :beer:

SPF random vote for Sean is a good look and I'm taking back my prior thought on the SPF/Camille debate. Also I just saw i'm spelling camilia Name wrong. oops too late to fix is and they're dead so like :shrug: :p

D1 thoughts.

there's alot of chatter that didn't really stick out to me. granted I'm doing a quicker skim here but still.

I think the following players need to be ISO'd
SPF
PSV (?)
Sean (obviously)
Ted (I don't see a vote count, but he's the second wagon right?)
Dennis
Falcon

Off the top of my head the first 3 to vote Sean, being SPF, Neon, and Kate look good. Dennis I'm iffy on as a whole so there's some bias for his switch.

Lemon, Kate, Pyxxy, Neon, Six, and SPF are all people I'd not vote for D2 based off D1

Lemon, kate, neon, and Pyxxy are town reads.
Six and SPF both are looking to be good, but I know SPF has the ability to deep wolf so they aren't cleared yet.

Ted I need to ISO, but given he was the counterwagon it's a good look and I likely won't be voting their today.

I'm eyeballing.
1. PSV for their low poster/no poster push + general vibes.
2. Dennis for his posting style and defense of kate I need to
3. Falcon for being well within his scum range.

I'll be rereading through these 3 for sure.
would be kind of wild for sig, as mafia with one partner down, to come into d2 throwing his under partner under the bus and actively POE him but idk

Yea I probably would’ve tried to save Falcon. He’s the type of mafia player that the further he gets in the game harder he is to vote off.

I don’t want to vote off SPF, but Kate was pretty all in for it + they did trick me pretty hard in Tarot mafia (or whatever it was called)

PSV, Dennis, SPF seem to be a good pool.

Six I can’t read they’re so new, but do seem to be playing like our last game.

Pyxxy would be my back up wolf I guess, but I’m not seeing that
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:55 am like individually, I don't really scumread SPF

but I also didn't scumread Seanzie and I wasn't very convinced on falcon but both flipped scum
Wolfy post milord

ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Neon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:40 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:55 am like individually, I don't really scumread SPF

Wolfy post milord
Agreed, but it's an odd post for the last mafia member who's being civ read to make imo.

The last mafia player really only has two routes to take right now. Which I'll discuss later in the phase since I want to see what the :eye: :werewolf: :eye: players do.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Dennis Did you kill your mom again?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 am
Dennis wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:47 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:46 am There is no reason to clear Six based off anyone's flip
I would agree
possibly a dumb read but i think this specific exchange between dennis and falcon could be a good look for dennis

at the time, dennis had already voiced his support for killing falcon, and he was actively voting for him and sheeping kate's read on him

so if dennis is mafia, he would have already fully committed to bussing falcon at the time that he made this post. so, why make this post at all? why signal boost a read that your partner is making when dennis would surely want to create distance between falcon and himself?

i understand that it's a small point, but something im thinking about regardless
Dennis is a good mafia player in one way, but also he's not by virtue of being new to the game.

I could 100% see mafia Dennis making this post as he was bussing falcon.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The Dennis debate really comes down to what do we think Sean/Falcon would tell him to do in the situation that they were in?

Dennis alone wouldn't have made the decision to bus his teammates, but if they determined it was the smart move to make he'd have followed their advice.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”