Endgame pressure (dead/non)
67%

Total votes: 3
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 165

Re: Solar System Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Porscha »

so unless one of us were to make a wagon at 3 and both wolves simultaneously voted it to hammer, they would also be outed

i'm okay not rushing too much but hammering in this state is also just like. net negative and kind of looks super duper bad imo
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:12 am
Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:46 am They were suboptimal by clear virtue of having mislynched a townie.
conclusion that rondo dying was surprising thru virtue of reverse psych isn't possible because somehow every person who has posted today appears surprised he died. therefore the actual reverse psychology would have been to kill him. one of you who is saying it was surprising is hecking uwu liar!!! I refuse all of you are going full logical bonobo to believe it genuinely b/c there has been no good reason suggested to not kill rondo besides maybe wrong reads / pocketed, however he clearly was not pocketed by a single person and his reads are so volatile *it doesn't matter what they were*

Besides you immediately gave EPI's post saying they were afraid of rondo being a "loud loose cannon" as an example so clearly rondo was a threat, regardless of their alignment, and we can all simultaneously stop lying / being silly about it being an actual surprise

nobody has offered a townier individual than rondo and there is no PR to prevent him from dying. and he made it worse for himself by also being on the lemon wagon. there is no reason to be surprised ergo I do not believe half the game who checked in *actually* believes it was surprising rondo died

we do have slankers I agree, but no reason to focus falcon past his lemon vote which was planted 7 years before she was big wagon and he never came back. no other slanker had a "good" vote either imo

slight tinfoilitis probs towniest thing about the post so i'm ok with you for now besides the rondo thing
Like this is just incorrect. If Rondo is hard pushing townies there's no reason to kill him he's loud and town will listen. And he was pushing townies. It's literally not insane to think this way.

Sauce: me. I'm good at woofin.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:29 am
Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:09 am
Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:44 am psv's push on me is just a pocket attempt on thunal who keeps randomly and loudly proclaiming that i'm polarized but supposedly unable to see how i'm towny at all so thunal is probably town

ricochet said a lot of pretty good words but some of the conclusions were suboptimal
But like... your not polarized
if i'm not polarized and you were just fooled by me wolfing then why aren't you more paranoid of me
I don't allow myself to do that. This happened recently someone used this exact rationale to push me.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Like if I allow the doubt to creep in I freeze.

And it happens a lot... so I'm trying to not let it happen and believe in myself. Cause like...I suck but not always.

ImageImage

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Ya know every game I'm in I have to defend and frankly I'm tired of it.

Players acting like they know me or my style. Saying I'm slank which sounds awful like moist.

Rico when was the last time we played together? Literally years si stop acting like you *know* my game.

Epi is still mad bc last time he was bad I came him out on it not that anyone listened to me.

So for now I'm just not feeling like I want to defend yet again.

It's Sunday my only day off of work I would much rather spend that time having a happy day with Ariya than be here defending to people who don't really care to hear it. And I'm tired of doing it. This will be the third time in all 3 games I'm playing on this site.

If you think that this is me being baddie bc I won't defend you will be disappointed when you elim me to find I am town. A town who just doesn't care today.

Good luck town.

I would look at meh what's it meter no one listens anyway
;)
☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Roxy] aubergine

ImageImage

Ricochet
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Ricochet »

Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:45 am [VOTE: Roxy] aubergine
QED on the trigger happy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy, I don’t get why you took anything I said in bad faith, was not my intention. I even kept giving you credit that you would want to play actively. You’re still in the lower echelon of posters, though, for I objectively would find it problematic to go with you into f7 or f5.

Enjoy your entire Sunday, I’m on the road myself, there is no appeal to anyone not enjoying their game (or time away from) as they please.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I truly adore hammers

ImageImage

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 89

Post by fingersplints »

Trying to catch up. If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask them and notify me again. I’ve had a particularly busy weekend we will be moving out of London soon so trying to get in as much as I can. Yesterday I booked into an event called Dawnosaurs which is for neurodivergent children and their families. So amazing!
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:24 am Ya know every game I'm in I have to defend and frankly I'm tired of it.

Players acting like they know me or my style. Saying I'm slank which sounds awful like moist.

Rico when was the last time we played together? Literally years si stop acting like you *know* my game.

Epi is still mad bc last time he was bad I came him out on it not that anyone listened to me.

It's Sunday my only day off of work I would much rather spend that time having a happy day with Ariya than be here defending to people who don't really care to hear it. And I'm tired of doing it. This will be the third time in all 3 games I'm playing on this site.

If you think that this is me being baddie bc I won't defend you will be disappointed when you elim me to find I am town. A town who just doesn't care today.

Good luck town.

I know you :shifty:
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:41 am I truly adore hammers
[VOTE: Zenon] aubergine

Perish before f3 pls
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

In all seriousness Rox isn’t mafia. Her vs epi is likely t/t
She wouldn’t be reacting like this if she was mafia
This is well within Epi’s scum range, but his continued push feels genuine
Gro-oo-ovy
☆Princess Abigail☆

Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:50 am
Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:41 am I truly adore hammers
[VOTE: Zenon] aubergine

Perish before f3 pls
I snap vote in FX like a true bad ass

ImageImage

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:01 am Roxy, I don’t get why you took anything I said in bad faith, was not my intention. I even kept giving you credit that you would want to play actively. You’re still in the lower echelon of posters, though, for I objectively would find it problematic to go with you into f7 or f5.

Enjoy your entire Sunday, I’m on the road myself, there is no appeal to anyone not enjoying their game (or time away from) as they please.
I did not take it in bad faith.

You can take high posters only to the end if you want but you are limiting yourself that way. I play actively too I just don't post one liner posts very much and instead make my posts count. To each their own style. I do not think either way is wrong but I see others judging whether my 6 posts can glean as much as someone else's 60 posts.

I get it and I <3 you.

The only reason I am posting here again is for your benefit bc I adore you here and rl. Happy Sunday Rico
;)
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Solar System Mafia [Day 1]

Post by fingersplints »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:53 pm Nah splints isn't scared of me if she was in thread we would have a magical fun conversation like I had with lemon. I would be so happy but she might have been avoiding me
He’s gone but this is true. I am not afraid of him
Not avoiding. Just busy
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:52 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:48 pm Nah I don't KNOW splints I've played games with her if that makes sense
Okay. I was making a read that if splints gets scared easily, she'd probably be scared of your taking charge and reaction testing playstyle.
I’ve been playing for 15+ years. I don’t get scared easily at all
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Zenon wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:31 pm And I know first hand splints is terrified of posting as wolf when there's people who know them in the game.
This isn’t true at all.

You have based this off of one game where I killed a friend early because she was a threat for suspecting you and our other teammate was her son. Then at the end of game I opted out of posting for a couple hours because I knew posting made things worse (which it did for the town) but made it clear to our teammate Dennis I would be around if need be

There is not a single person who plays mafia who would “scare” me. I’ve been playing for a long time. If I was scared to play I wouldn’t have made it two decades
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Seems I will spend today on the defence again instead of actually spending my time scum hunting. Well done mafia for the lhf distraction
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: Porscha] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: psv] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: rico] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: roxy] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: thunal] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: zenon] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
☆Princess Abigail☆

fingersplints wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:26 am
Zenon wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:31 pm And I know first hand splints is terrified of posting as wolf when there's people who know them in the game.
This isn’t true at all.

You have based this off of one game where I killed a friend early because she was a threat for suspecting you and our other teammate was her son. Then at the end of game I opted out of posting for a couple hours because I knew posting made things worse (which it did for the town) but made it clear to our teammate Dennis I would be around if need be

There is not a single person who plays mafia who would “scare” me. I’ve been playing for a long time. If I was scared to play I wouldn’t have made it two decades
This is literally what you said in scum chat...

ImageImage

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Doubt it
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

There is not a single player who scares me to the point I would change how I play
Gro-oo-ovy
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Wrt the Rondo kill, I'm not surprised and I also don't necessarily think it means his reads were right. I think a lot of wolves would kill the high posting and loud voice controlling the thread regardless of his reads since his reads could switch any time.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I think Splints is being genuine about being not scared but could be either alignment and not scared. @fingersplints could you give a quick readslist?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:18 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:44 pm My issue with Porscha is that there's nothing I can point to from her and say it's towny, and from what I know about Porscha's town game there usually would be.
my issue with porscha is that there's nothing I can point to from her and say it's wolfy, and from what I know about porscha's wolf game, there usually would be.

fix this conundrum you've created unless you'd like to admit I'm just flat straight null
fwiw, my impression of your wolf game isn't that it's obviously wolfy but that there's an absence of the curiosity and solving in your town game. I don't think your wolf game is as bad as you say it is.

I'm moving Porscha up to a townlean after her recent posting. There were a couple town pings I got, like this post I think comes more often from town:
Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:29 am
Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:09 am
Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:44 am psv's push on me is just a pocket attempt on thunal who keeps randomly and loudly proclaiming that i'm polarized but supposedly unable to see how i'm towny at all so thunal is probably town

ricochet said a lot of pretty good words but some of the conclusions were suboptimal
But like... your not polarized
if i'm not polarized and you were just fooled by me wolfing then why aren't you more paranoid of me
I also think that since Porscha believes she's polarized her challenging my statement today is towny. Her nudging me to make a stronger read on her is a bit more likely to come from someone who thinks I'll read her town, so either a townie or someone who thinks I'll be fooled by her wolf game and I don't think it's the latter.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Porscha wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:51 am players off wagon by eod:

roxy on epi
zenon on fs
psv on porscha
lemonfairy on rico
epi on roxy
and because I live in a glass house, I was on zenon

falcon rico thunal and rondo on lemon

falcon was early and never come back vote
rondo was give up no other wagon exists vote at eod
@Ricochet and @Thunal33 can you please reiterate why you were on lemon after she gave plenty of good feedback post-catch up? ftr whoever said they were worried that lemon focused on rondo too much felt fake AF so fess up at your own risk
I had a couple reasons. It was how the Rondo focus matched up with a tell I have of someone focusing on the same person while switching their read a bunch of times. In hindsight I was a bit too afraid of repeating past mistakes with the S8 finale where Katze did a very similar constant switching on me and I was fooled by it, so I thought Lemon doing it to Rondo was wolfy. At EoD I thought Lemon's posts being very wishy washy, like her vote coming with "idk" and not having a legacy stronger than there being a wolf on her wagon made me more confident in my vote.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I want to give Roxy room to breathe and see how she solves without as much pressure. From her reaction I think she'll probably show her alignment better if she doesn't have the pressure on her.

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
ImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:43 am Reverse psych in this specific context of Rondo stating so open that he’ll bite the N1 bullet and his reads having been enough of a scramble.

Yeah, I get the remove loud speaker mindset, but idk why, I still wouldn’t have expected it 100%.
Yes, this is all I was trying to say basically
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Also re: the question of how I'd feel about chopping lowposters if it were F5/F7, obviously I'd have no qualms at that point. Just that my preference is to elim people for content and not lack thereof, if that makes sense.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Zenon wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:11 am Fuck it

[VOTE: PSV] aubergine

I don't town read them I just think there's wolfier slots but meh
Really, Zenon? After the game we just played? Lol
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Roxy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:24 am Ya know every game I'm in I have to defend and frankly I'm tired of it.

Good luck town.

This is angry towny or I'll eat a hat.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

@Thunal33 You're my strongest townlean. How are you reading Zenon? I haven't been a fan of some of her recent posts. I think her and Porscha is w/v and I wouldn't be surprised if she spewed Porscha town tbh
Also though I don't trust my ability to read her so... oomph
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please note that a majority hammer is in effect starting this day phase. The hammer is set at 5 votes.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Goin back on [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

At the time of her reaction, my thought was to place Roxy in towncamp for her outburst - and if a ploy, take the L and go from there next game.

But I’m happy to let it evolve further.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:04 pm At the time of her reaction, my thought was to place Roxy in towncamp for her outburst - and if a ploy, take the L and go from there next game.

Very hedgey

Why the falcon votes? Just because he’s posted less? I’ve seen town falcon and mafia falcon and posting less is NAI. He’s probably just busy. Give people a chance
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:47 am I want to give Roxy room to breathe and see how she solves without as much pressure. From her reaction I think she'll probably show her alignment better if she doesn't have the pressure on her.

Again, why give one player room to breathe but not another? Do you all really think eliminating every low poster solves the game?
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:13 pm
Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:04 pm At the time of her reaction, my thought was to place Roxy in towncamp for her outburst - and if a ploy, take the L and go from there next game.

Very hedgey

Why the falcon votes? Just because he’s posted less? I’ve seen town falcon and mafia falcon and posting less is NAI. He’s probably just busy. Give people a chance
The gist is that he openly sheeped a D1 vote, didn’t come back, and currently is still not active.

I’ll give it every chance, but for how long, iyo, if nothing changes?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:14 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:47 am I want to give Roxy room to breathe and see how she solves without as much pressure. From her reaction I think she'll probably show her alignment better if she doesn't have the pressure on her.

Again, why give one player room to breathe but not another? Do you all really think eliminating every low poster solves the game?
We’re far from there yet, but do you prefer an f5 phase with such inactives still in the mix? Do you get reads from no content and sheep votes?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:14 pm

We’re far from there yet, but do you prefer an f5 phase with such inactives still in the mix? Do you get reads from no content and sheep votes?
Have you known falcon to get to day 5 with giving no reads?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Is falcon being quieter day 1 indicative of a mafia falcon?
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don’t know the answers to either of those, I haven’t played enough or have been out of touch to remember much falcon meta.

My idea is rather how to lean or clear town for such actions, especially if the dynamic won’t change much.

Return to “Previous Hustles”