JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm I am considering dropping Scotty as a premier town read. There have been a few doubts raised that at least piqued my interest, and I want those dialogues to develop before I commit myself to that viewpoint. For the time being I will place him in purgatory.
Yeah, did you like that S~V~S reaction to him? I thought her point sounded legit.
I thought S~V~S seemed a bit dramatic in that response, and I don't actually know if "I have never seen this before" is true -- but if so it'd be worth consideration. I think your gripe was valid about Scotty calling your wacky "drunk" post a town post.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

On the flip side, I'm not sure a mafia Scotty would respond to my town read of him with "Jay, that's lazy".
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[solid town reads]
Long Con
Bereft

[mostly town reads]
robyn
LoRab

[town leans]
DarlingMonroe
Cape90

[town in theory, but placed in purgatory until further notice]
Scotty

Others all null or unknown

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would like for @RondoDimBuckle to enter this thread and be RondoDimBuckle.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If there's good news about that extremely powerful elimination save on the Rupert role, it appears (if I understand it correctly), that the mafia would have to skip some kills to save up the cash necessary (or otherwise use no non-kill abilities until night five). So let's just make sure we kill that sumbitch before that point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:57 pm If there's good news about that extremely powerful elimination save on the Rupert role, it appears (if I understand it correctly), that the mafia would have to skip some kills to save up the cash necessary (or otherwise use no non-kill abilities until night five). So let's just make sure we kill that sumbitch before that point.
You put in a phony townread earlier! I got it now when I ISO'd.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 75

Post by S~V~S »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:44 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:39 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:55 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am okay i just have to ask @LoRab do you fear god?
You know she's a Rabbi, right?
why else would i ask
I don’t know, I just wouldn’t expect someone to ask a clergy person this in a casual environment, I guess. I wasn’t trying to diss you, it was a sincere question. I wasn’t sure if you knew.

Also,rephrase that how? I thought it was fairly clear.
i have boundary issues, as you've no doubt seen
I'm aware, that's why I asked if you were aware. No ill intent intended. Just becasue you have boundary issues doesn't mean you don't want to be informed of social nuance you may be unaware of. I have boundary issues myself, but I'm also way older than you, and have had more time to work with them.

Catching up to @'s, I have quite a few I see.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:46 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:19 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
can u rephrase this
oh you mean alluding as he's only talking about us two [it's very late], and the answer is i bet he was bored and mostly wanted to socialize, i also think we're the two people he wouldn't want to freely talk to as wolf. however this is a read i'm putting 0 value in, as in it exists and it's also entirely meaningless in regards to his alignment
OK, I skimmed him for a reason I don't recall, and it just kinda jumped out at me. It felt almost a tad cliquish, maybe? I didn't think it was baddiesque, per se, just notable.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm I am considering dropping Scotty as a premier town read. There have been a few doubts raised that at least piqued my interest, and I want those dialogues to develop before I commit myself to that viewpoint. For the time being I will place him in purgatory.
Yeah, did you like that S~V~S reaction to him? I thought her point sounded legit.
I thought S~V~S seemed a bit dramatic in that response, and I don't actually know if "I have never seen this before" is true -- but if so it'd be worth consideration. I think your gripe was valid about Scotty calling your wacky "drunk" post a town post.
I don't recall seeing this before, no. Scotty is always skeptical of me early game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:41 am oops, SVS I was going to ask you what your takes on LC/Scotty were.
I think LC is prolly town, I think Scotty is possibly not.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:57 pm If there's good news about that extremely powerful elimination save on the Rupert role, it appears (if I understand it correctly), that the mafia would have to skip some kills to save up the cash necessary (or otherwise use no non-kill abilities until night five). So let's just make sure we kill that sumbitch before that point.
I sure did! But which town read was it?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:02 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am Is it too early to ask everyone for their top three town reads?

No, of course not. Let’s go ahead an box in the mafia.
you/Scotty/Long Con
Thanks for the response. No pressure here, but if you wanted would you be able to name more than three town reads? I am compiling a bit of data, and if you have more that'd be super. If not, cool.
LoRab seems to be on the same page as me which is good
Somewhat DM just for beginning
Somewhat robyn
SVS worries me a little bit for the thing i pointed out earlier + #202 tonally speaking
Thunal thanks for also having a sus on SVS ur townish now + asking clarifying questions there = good
I'm somewhat confused by people seeming to think that me saying Scotty is freaking me out a bit is somehow tonally weird or over the top. But OK.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:17 pm I'm somewhat confused by people seeming to think that me saying Scotty is freaking me out a bit is somehow tonally weird or over the top. But OK.
I suppose I found it "dramatic" in that, when Scotty said you hadn't tripped his alarms, I think you had made exactly three posts. So it's not surprising that no alarms would be tripped in so few posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:54 pm
I sure did! But which town read was it?
Aw, I don't wanna give it away. :noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:01 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:19 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Probably. We tend to circle, and in the last game we played, I was bad and railroaded him hideously. I would be surprised if he wasn't somewhat paranoid of me. I haven't read why he susses me yet, I'm answering my @'s first.

Watching your game, I figured out what triggers me about him, he has an almost theatricality about him, that I view as acting to an extent, and to me acting = (in a Mafia game) fake = bad. So I was kinda interested to see what our dynamic was here.
Was referring to the game referenced here, but it appears that's not Severance.
I know he was. I was explaining my thought process on LC. Its the ADD thing; some words are good, more words are better. I'm trying to get better at that, but I'll never be an underexplainer.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:20 pm Aw, I don't wanna give it away. :noble:
:noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:52 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:04 pm Sooooo if I’m reading it right, Rupert’s money is responsible for the killing? So can they choose not to kill?
Probably. My interpretation is that they have to purchase kills (implying they can decline to do so), and that while Rupert is alive he is the only one that can kill. Then once he goes, any of the others can kill.

Important for any investigative roles out there to think about (i.e., tracker/watcher).
I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
This was my thought but I was kinda sorta hoping to identify that trait later on in the day without influencing gameplay. But that’s fine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
Perhaps so. I'm not entirely sure the role is that important since they retain their kill without it. It's just the early killer (if that interpretation is accurate). I just noted that town doesn't seem to have any night actions that would interact directly with a killing mafia member other than an even night role blocker (no tracker or watcher). We have protections, but they don't mean anything with respect to who is killing. It might not matter than much, and it appears that it means close to nothing on Night 1. I could be overlooking something.
From my understanding, the Rupert role is the designated power of attorney, and if he dies, mafia lose the ability to cop and elim save.

Sounds pretty important to me
We need to kill him. That elim save is a game-changer.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:23 pm Scotty is town. Oozing when you read his ISO. Helpful, redundantly helpful, which looks honest.

HA HA HA H AHA AHAHSHAHAHSGSGHAGHAGH I'm not repeating this from that other game though. "Scotty good, S~V~S bad!" I was half-right. But I'll have nightmares if I do it again. I'm flipping all my reads on Day 4, and I'm literally not joking.
:ponder: I’m curious- why did you townread me for so long in the last game? I can’t tell if you’re actually serious in this read.
In the game where you were bad with S~V~S? I just got a vibe from you early and decided to stick with it. Was that the flipless game? I needed an anchor, and chose poorly.

I was serious in this read. We'll see if it sticks.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:02 am
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
Go drunk, LC, you’re home
No! Well yes. But no! More next break --->
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:28 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:16 am
But this is an unhinged towny post
OK, but really. Baddie LC doesn't let himself post silly/drunkish comments.
Are you sure?

--> cont'd from above: WAS it an "unhinged towny post"? Is everyone okay with JJJ's question? It blew my mind last night because I didn't feel like it was asking ANYTHING. Is it towny or wolfy? "On-brand"? So, what, is JJJ worried that I'm not really me right now? Is that what he's confirming with S~V~S??

And I still can't even handle "on-brand or not (or neither)", like, what? Are we trying to determine if I'm quasi-semi-myself before we try to think about alignment?

How does this stuff not make other people question it? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? If it has no meaning, then what does that say about JJJ?

Forget it, I don't even care.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
So nice to have you back LoRab!

In case others don’t know, this :lorab: emoji is hers.

This :burp: is mine

JJJ is firmly a neutral town lean- he’s adding to discussion so he is a boon to town atm regardless
LC is not quite on my town radar yet. Lean scum
Good. I don't give you permission to townread me.

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Humoring Jay? Nah. I kinda thought I was shading him a slight bit, tbh, with the call back to the game where he was bad.

How would saying jay fooled everyone as a baddie in a game, and pointing out that he was contradicting himself by being super active be "humoring" him? Poking someone with a small, soft stick =/= humoring.
Noooo, sorry, I was loose-verbing it. You weren't "humouring him", you were "humouring in", as in, entering the thread on a little wave of mild humour.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

I like this S~V~S read of Scotty. Maybe she ain't that bad, and he is.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:35 amLike Caterpie into Metapod, I have evolved!
After being utterly wrong about you before we were partners, I figure what I once viewed as suspicious in a vacuum is just you.

You have some quirks that i picked up on that I’m not going to reveal yet. But rest assured, dear Svs, I haven’t seen them so far. Just don’t do them and we’ll be golden :beer:
Absolute red flag. The secret S~V~S tells that he has, that he of course isn't sharing. This feels like a lie toped with a cheers for extra smoothness.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm I've counted six players so far that have provided reads of some kind, including town reads (to varying degrees). The following players have been read as town by at least four others:

LoRab, JJJ, DarlingMonroe, and Scotty

How do we feel about that? I invite anyone to answer. Are these good names to have in a "town block" or no? Do you feel comfortable with that game state?
Scotty's out, sorry. Maybe you as well. LoRab is fine, I don't have cognizance of DM yet.

OK, I'll buy that, humoring in is not wrong. "Playful" is not my strongest suit, I guess, lol.

Also, yeah, re the secret tell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:19 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:17 pm I'm somewhat confused by people seeming to think that me saying Scotty is freaking me out a bit is somehow tonally weird or over the top. But OK.
I suppose I found it "dramatic" in that, when Scotty said you hadn't tripped his alarms, I think you had made exactly three posts. So it's not surprising that no alarms would be tripped in so few posts.
Scotty and I play almost all the same games, we're "boosters" I guess. And I can tell you that in almost all of them, if not all, I don't remember every post in every game, he shows some level of skepticism of me very early. And the fact that he was town reading me in three posts after a year of that, yeah. I found that to be freaky.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.

Now do me do me

Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
Both of those pushes are low confidence, and LoRab's is even lower confidence than SVS. I woke up this morning, read the thread, and SVS's more recent posts caught my eye. I guess you could say it "came out of nowhere" but that's pretty normal/NAI at this stage in the game.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
In the forum LoRab and I came from, I got lunched for saying I trusted someone and thought they were good. "Painting Targets". Being leery of that is NAI for her, and even though LC and I come from that same background, and I think we both prolly both still have a touch of that even though we have more experience in the town-reading style of game.

Bad LoRab is a bit cagier than the LoRab here, imo.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 pm Scotty and I play almost all the same games, we're "boosters" I guess. And I can tell you that in almost all of them, if not all, I don't remember every post in every game, he shows some level of skepticism of me very early. And the fact that he was town reading me in three posts after a year of that, yeah. I found that to be freaky.
@Scotty, can you please clarify if you were or were not town reading S~V~S in the post below?

Now do me do me

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am Abigail’s entrance is thoroughly null.
Hot
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am Abigail’s entrance is thoroughly null.
To be fair, she herself has said she feels nothing
True. Quick someone help I'm drowning

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:51 pm I would like for @RondoDimBuckle to enter this thread and be RondoDimBuckle.
I did not realize Rondo was playing! Yeah Rondo, come play!
☆Princess Abigail☆

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:21 pm Jay is such a high poster, and with not much filler, that I think inherently he tends to be town voice. Even if he’s not town lol

I think I’m slightly suspicious that I am his top town read, but that’s a me problem. I’m down to listen to his scum reads however
I'm very very suspicious of J3

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:49 am
What's normally suspicious about your style?

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.
Okay, what you and JJJ said about not wanting to be townread makes sense, and that comment might be NAI coming from you. You said JJJ's play was too much work to be fake, how much experience do you have with him? Afaik he tries hard as both alignments and can't be effort cleared alone.
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:53 pm [VOTE: Princess Abigail] aubergine

Only made one concretely engaged post (to call S~V~S town), and I'm not sure I believe that read.
Hot

Killing me would be insanely bad but...

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I get it ig

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:33 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 pm Scotty and I play almost all the same games, we're "boosters" I guess. And I can tell you that in almost all of them, if not all, I don't remember every post in every game, he shows some level of skepticism of me very early. And the fact that he was town reading me in three posts after a year of that, yeah. I found that to be freaky.
@Scotty, can you please clarify if you were or were not town reading S~V~S in the post below?

Now do me do me
This is sincerely the most positive thing he has ever said about me on Day One. Bank it.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:59 pm I hope I get the opportunity to do some heavier analytic solving on this Day 1. I have had a solving itch lately, but I keep rolling mafia everywhere I go, and then I don't get to scratch that itch. Now's my opportunity. But for it to happen on Day 1, I need a nice healthy pile of posts (i.e., something to analyze).

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm My most recent mafia-aligned game was this one on Wintreath. It was a bit of a different beast for being low in activity though.
Don't remind me of my greatest failure

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I do feel decent about JJJ this game. He's not just putting in effort, he's putting in a lot of pro-town effort and geenrating info for town so that's enough for a town lean.
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am Is it too early to ask everyone for their top three town reads?

No, of course not. Let’s go ahead an box in the mafia.
you/Scotty/Long Con

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.
This is NAI activity and Scotty usually posts a lot
Hmm...I don't like this

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:18 pm I also meant to say Princess Abigail worries me just because her only content is a townread on SVS and nothing else for right now

[VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine for now though as I find this more concretely bad
Hmmmmmmmmm

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm used to it now.

Now do me do me

@S~V~S
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
Tbh, my level of aggression depends on what kind of reads I have. This game I happened to find a couple pings right off the bat but some games I can go all day 1 without scumleans.
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:31 pm Anyway, that Long Con post might have been the most town post in the game to this point.
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:31 pm Anyway, that Long Con post might have been the most town post in the game to this point.
Yeah I agree here
Nice! Ok, I'm gonna go shower. I got home from work and immediately went here, but it seems my work is done for now. Shower, feed kids, then who knows? Ta-ta.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm used to it now.

Now do me do me

@S~V~S

SVS is still town and voting them is still bad

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:40 pm I do feel decent about JJJ this game. He's not just putting in effort, he's putting in a lot of pro-town effort and geenrating info for town so that's enough for a town lean.
I think this is an awful way to judge J3

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Wow I'm so good at this

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Town Core

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:21 pm Jay is such a high poster, and with not much filler, that I think inherently he tends to be town voice. Even if he’s not town lol

I think I’m slightly suspicious that I am his top town read, but that’s a me problem. I’m down to listen to his scum reads however
Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:37 pm This is sincerely the most positive thing he has ever said about me on Day One. Bank it.
If nothing else, your tone of assurance is moving me -- probably more on you being town than on Scotty being mafia. But it's something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:53 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:36 pm

Why?
Cause I'm good at this game and nothing you've done is clearing.

A great majority of your posts are just telling people information about the game which is easy for scum to hide behind and look towny in the eyes of people L0

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I think your being cleared way to easily just for posting a lot and being loud

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:02 am
Go drunk, LC, you’re home
No! Well yes. But no! More next break --->
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:28 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:16 am
But this is an unhinged towny post
OK, but really. Baddie LC doesn't let himself post silly/drunkish comments.
Are you sure?

--> cont'd from above: WAS it an "unhinged towny post"? Is everyone okay with JJJ's question? It blew my mind last night because I didn't feel like it was asking ANYTHING. Is it towny or wolfy? "On-brand"? So, what, is JJJ worried that I'm not really me right now? Is that what he's confirming with S~V~S??

And I still can't even handle "on-brand or not (or neither)", like, what? Are we trying to determine if I'm quasi-semi-myself before we try to think about alignment?

How does this stuff not make other people question it? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? If it has no meaning, then what does that say about JJJ?

Forget it, I don't even care.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
So nice to have you back LoRab!

In case others don’t know, this :lorab: emoji is hers.

This :burp: is mine

JJJ is firmly a neutral town lean- he’s adding to discussion so he is a boon to town atm regardless
LC is not quite on my town radar yet. Lean scum
Good. I don't give you permission to townread me.

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:31 am
Humoring Jay? Nah. I kinda thought I was shading him a slight bit, tbh, with the call back to the game where he was bad.

How would saying jay fooled everyone as a baddie in a game, and pointing out that he was contradicting himself by being super active be "humoring" him? Poking someone with a small, soft stick =/= humoring.
Noooo, sorry, I was loose-verbing it. You weren't "humouring him", you were "humouring in", as in, entering the thread on a little wave of mild humour.

Now do me do me

I like this S~V~S read of Scotty. Maybe she ain't that bad, and he is.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:35 amLike Caterpie into Metapod, I have evolved!
After being utterly wrong about you before we were partners, I figure what I once viewed as suspicious in a vacuum is just you.

You have some quirks that i picked up on that I’m not going to reveal yet. But rest assured, dear Svs, I haven’t seen them so far. Just don’t do them and we’ll be golden :beer:
Absolute red flag. The secret S~V~S tells that he has, that he of course isn't sharing. This feels like a lie toped with a cheers for extra smoothness.
I feel like SVS would know if Scotty had secret tells on him or not and so lying about this wouldn't make much sense from Scotty.

This sort of meta read about Scotty suspecting SVS every game can go w/t either way or t/t. The only thing I think it's unlikely to be is w/w. If Scotty suspects SVS every game and both of them know it, mafia Scotty might go out of his way to suspect SVS again or he could change it to pocket SVS. SVS's post felt dramatic, with not much substance other than that it's freaking her out and I'd expect that post to go with a read or investigation on Scotty.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:55 pm Cause I'm good at this game and nothing you've done is clearing.
Fine.
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:55 pmA great majority of your posts are just telling people information about the game which is easy for scum to hide behind and look towny in the eyes of people L0
Not fine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”