JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 am I will murder a zero poster if I feel like it.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Hmm

I don't like this
I didn’t figure that one would be popular. But it’s a real, serious vote!
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 75

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:52 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:04 pm Sooooo if I’m reading it right, Rupert’s money is responsible for the killing? So can they choose not to kill?
Probably. My interpretation is that they have to purchase kills (implying they can decline to do so), and that while Rupert is alive he is the only one that can kill. Then once he goes, any of the others can kill.

Important for any investigative roles out there to think about (i.e., tracker/watcher).
I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
This was my thought but I was kinda sorta hoping to identify that trait later on in the day without influencing gameplay. But that’s fine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
Perhaps so. I'm not entirely sure the role is that important since they retain their kill without it. It's just the early killer (if that interpretation is accurate). I just noted that town doesn't seem to have any night actions that would interact directly with a killing mafia member other than an even night role blocker (no tracker or watcher). We have protections, but they don't mean anything with respect to who is killing. It might not matter than much, and it appears that it means close to nothing on Night 1. I could be overlooking something.
From my understanding, the Rupert role is the designated power of attorney, and if he dies, mafia lose the ability to cop and elim save.

Sounds pretty important to me
We need to kill him. That elim save is a game-changer.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:23 pm Scotty is town. Oozing when you read his ISO. Helpful, redundantly helpful, which looks honest.

HA HA HA H AHA AHAHSHAHAHSGSGHAGHAGH I'm not repeating this from that other game though. "Scotty good, S~V~S bad!" I was half-right. But I'll have nightmares if I do it again. I'm flipping all my reads on Day 4, and I'm literally not joking.
:ponder: I’m curious- why did you townread me for so long in the last game? I can’t tell if you’re actually serious in this read.
In the game where you were bad with S~V~S? I just got a vibe from you early and decided to stick with it. Was that the flipless game? I needed an anchor, and chose poorly.

I was serious in this read. We'll see if it sticks.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:02 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
Go drunk, LC, you’re home
No! Well yes. But no! More next break --->
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:28 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
But this is an unhinged towny post
OK, but really. Baddie LC doesn't let himself post silly/drunkish comments.
Are you sure?

--> cont'd from above: WAS it an "unhinged towny post"? Is everyone okay with JJJ's question? It blew my mind last night because I didn't feel like it was asking ANYTHING. Is it towny or wolfy? "On-brand"? So, what, is JJJ worried that I'm not really me right now? Is that what he's confirming with S~V~S??

And I still can't even handle "on-brand or not (or neither)", like, what? Are we trying to determine if I'm quasi-semi-myself before we try to think about alignment?

How does this stuff not make other people question it? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? If it has no meaning, then what does that say about JJJ?

Forget it, I don't even care.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
So nice to have you back LoRab!

In case others don’t know, this :lorab: emoji is hers.

This :burp: is mine

JJJ is firmly a neutral town lean- he’s adding to discussion so he is a boon to town atm regardless
LC is not quite on my town radar yet. Lean scum
Good. I don't give you permission to townread me.

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Humoring Jay? Nah. I kinda thought I was shading him a slight bit, tbh, with the call back to the game where he was bad.

How would saying jay fooled everyone as a baddie in a game, and pointing out that he was contradicting himself by being super active be "humoring" him? Poking someone with a small, soft stick =/= humoring.
Noooo, sorry, I was loose-verbing it. You weren't "humouring him", you were "humouring in", as in, entering the thread on a little wave of mild humour.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
I like this S~V~S read of Scotty. Maybe she ain't that bad, and he is.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:35 amLike Caterpie into Metapod, I have evolved!
After being utterly wrong about you before we were partners, I figure what I once viewed as suspicious in a vacuum is just you.

You have some quirks that i picked up on that I’m not going to reveal yet. But rest assured, dear Svs, I haven’t seen them so far. Just don’t do them and we’ll be golden :beer:
Absolute red flag. The secret S~V~S tells that he has, that he of course isn't sharing. This feels like a lie toped with a cheers for extra smoothness.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm I've counted six players so far that have provided reads of some kind, including town reads (to varying degrees). The following players have been read as town by at least four others:

LoRab, JJJ, DarlingMonroe, and Scotty

How do we feel about that? I invite anyone to answer. Are these good names to have in a "town block" or no? Do you feel comfortable with that game state?
Scotty's out, sorry. Maybe you as well. LoRab is fine, I don't have cognizance of DM yet.
I think you’re still scarred from our last game together, so I totally understand.

“Absolute red flag. The secret S~V~S tells that he has, that he of course isn't sharing. This feels like a lie toped with a cheers for extra smoothness.”
My dude, at that point SVS hadn’t posted much at all, and if im looking for specific vibes and behavior, why would I just out them so she…just doesn’t do them?

Up until this point, I’ve been so paranoid about SVS in games on D1, I need to take a step back. I don’t get the impression as of now that she has the same gameplay as I have seen when she’s bad. But she needs to engage more.

And unfortunately I town read you, even if you don’t give me permission and apparently are deadset on tunneling me, which i (guess??) you are doing
It's too cold to walk the dog on concrete, we just did the yard this AM, so I actually have time to read the thread a bit, not just reply to @s (most of which seem to be from you?) and do some real time. And, this is a borderline post, since it doesn't really relate to suspicion, but more to general game play, but meh.

I like to tell people their tells, it makes for a more challenging game going forward. Winning is nice, but winning becasue you figured them out, is nicer, IMO. So you can tell me :grin:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:45 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
I’m still freaking you out? Impressive.

Maybe I’ll wear this tshirt and jeans combo for Halloween next year
No. I was using it in the context of my original statement, referencing observations rather than reads.

Plus I used that phrase in my reply to LoRab (in the spoilered part of the post you quoted), who also used it herself. So it is just a colloquialism, not an over the top baddie ranting.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm I am considering dropping Scotty as a premier town read. There have been a few doubts raised that at least piqued my interest, and I want those dialogues to develop before I commit myself to that viewpoint. For the time being I will place him in purgatory.
Yeah, did you like that S~V~S reaction to him? I thought her point sounded legit.
I thought S~V~S seemed a bit dramatic in that response, and I don't actually know if "I have never seen this before" is true -- but if so it'd be worth consideration. I think your gripe was valid about Scotty calling your wacky "drunk" post a town post.
I don't recall seeing this before, no. Scotty is always skeptical of me early game.
ok, so what? Now that I have been *wrong* twice and seen you wolf personally, I can’t give you a chance to develop without outright finding fleas on you?

I don’t operate in 0’s and 1’s
Twice? Maybe more than that, lol. I thought about this, and you said you hadn't been bad for i think you told me 20 games, until we were bad together in Guitars. And tbh you're approaching me not unlike how you approached me there, where we were teammates, except we're not teammates here. This is the first I've heard of this tell, as well. So color me skeptical.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:50 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:19 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:17 pm I'm somewhat confused by people seeming to think that me saying Scotty is freaking me out a bit is somehow tonally weird or over the top. But OK.
I suppose I found it "dramatic" in that, when Scotty said you hadn't tripped his alarms, I think you had made exactly three posts. So it's not surprising that no alarms would be tripped in so few posts.
Scotty and I play almost all the same games, we're "boosters" I guess. And I can tell you that in almost all of them, if not all, I don't remember every post in every game, he shows some level of skepticism of me very early. And the fact that he was town reading me in three posts after a year of that, yeah. I found that to be freaky.
What if I outright call you town? Will you internally combust?

I’m not yet, and that probably is because you’re taking this point and continuing to run with it
And again, trying to make me look like a psycho over the top person. I was continuing to run with it becasue I was replying to people asking me about it. See the original nested remark.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 pm Im getting a chuckle out of the fact that Scotty/SVS interactions have continued to be of enduring interest in the thread, even as I've found them useful for one thing and nothing else.
Now I'm seeing where all my @'s from last night came from. I've made what 25 posts this game, and I think Scotty quoted all of them lol
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

:scared:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:04 am
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 am We got 'em bois, pack it up. The fluffy bear was never fooling anyone.

It seems like I should call it a night on the thread then in the absence of well ... activity. Have fun out there!
:nicenod: Help me bus my zero posting teammate.
I believe this
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:09 am i am really not used to not saying everything that comes to mind, usually i just censor what would get me banned/reported
Huh

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:11 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:05 am Am I crazy? Didn't you call that same post the towniest post in the game?
I was referring to a different Long Con post (a much larger post with multi-quotes galore).
My apologies

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:18 am i realize i haven’t sent a gif after nearly 100 posts, i’m outed
True

[VOTE: Robyn] aubergine

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm At this point I have seen enough from others suspecting Scotty and felt good enough about it that I am fully demoting him to a mafia read. And he might be my only mafia read. Other suspects are just null.
:disappoint:

So just to be clear- you’re on board because others have found independent indictments, and you yourself are just going along with them.

Oof. This might be bad Jay after all
OK, this is the last time I quote you, I promise.

I know you have told me games blend together for you. And we both died day/night 1 in that game due to circular suspicion, But I invite you to check jays ISO in Don't Starve, compare it to this, and come back and tell us he's bad again.
☆Princess Abigail☆

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:30 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what are your top reasons for sussing Scotty?
It would be dishonest of me to call them my reasons, because I am kind of sheeping this one right now. But I think some others raised valid gripes or were otherwise convincing:

- Scotty calling Long Con's "unhinged" post towny was goofy.
well gawrsh
- As S~V~S climbs the town ladder, I give her instinct more credence (that Scotty was off in resisting LC's suspicion of her)
- His read on LoRab didn't actually make sense (this thing) -- acknowledging a "difference in approach" with respect to her aversion to town reads and then basically ignoring that difference when suspecting her.
I don’t understand this point. The point I’m making is exactly that her different approach is different and it is me parsing whether or not it is genuine or not
- Bereft has never openly town read Scotty, and I think he has a strong grip on the game right now.
- I decided my own town read was biased by my desire for players to be involved, and he was the first to take up that banner.

I might add one new gripe: his suspicion of you seemed kind of opportunistic. He even agreed with your reads
All and all though, these look like independently sussed points and not you just following the crowd.

Damn you. Are you good after all?
This turn around felt so fake I got whiplash

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:37 am JaggedJimmyJay is permitted one dumb read per calendar day.
Sure why not

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:42 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 am I will murder a zero poster if I feel like it.

Hmm

I don't like this
I didn’t figure that one would be popular. But it’s a real, serious vote!
I believe it is but I think shooting in the dark here is bad...

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

TFW Abbi isn't even close to top posting

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Town Core

Robyn
Long Con
J3
SVS

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

What do I need to like auto?

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

9 to auto right?

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I only got up to page 12.

But gotta go get ready for work, and will be 90% likely to be in the car when the poll ends unless the traffic gods smile on me, so i gotta vote now.

Gonna vote Scotty, he looks a bit flailing to me, of everyone, he's the only person who seriously pinged me. Of the others with votes, Michelle hasn't said enough for me to get a sense of her, and not voting Robyn. I'd rather give the host a day to wed out/replace no shows.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
robyn
screaming
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:00 am Town Core

Robyn
Long Con
J3
SVS
why isn’t bereft a tr
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am I only got up to page 12.

But gotta go get ready for work, and will be 90% likely to be in the car when the poll ends unless the traffic gods smile on me, so i gotta vote now.

Gonna vote Scotty, he looks a bit flailing to me, of everyone, he's the only person who seriously pinged me. Of the others with votes, Michelle hasn't said enough for me to get a sense of her, and not voting Robyn. I'd rather give the host a day to wed out/replace no shows.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
michelle is a completely random vote btw, i think that she’s towny, in that she’s actually solving, it’s light but it’s there
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

wait fuck scotty might be town but i can’t explain this
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

the reason is straight awful but it might be right
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

actually ignore me
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

can’t argue the reason and like too much room for error
☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:06 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:00 am Town Core

Robyn
Long Con
J3
SVS
why isn’t bereft a tr
Cause I don't think he's been towny enough for me to core

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

How does one get a custom title

I need something related to sipping juice

ImageImage

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what are your top reasons for sussing Scotty?
It would be dishonest of me to call them my reasons, because I am kind of sheeping this one right now. But I think some others raised valid gripes or were otherwise convincing:

- Scotty calling Long Con's "unhinged" post towny was goofy.
- As S~V~S climbs the town ladder, I give her instinct more credence (that Scotty was off in resisting LC's suspicion of her)
- His read on LoRab didn't actually make sense (this thing) -- acknowledging a "difference in approach" with respect to her aversion to town reads and then basically ignoring that difference when suspecting her.
- Bereft has never openly town read Scotty, and I think he has a strong grip on the game right now.
- I decided my own town read was biased by my desire for players to be involved, and he was the first to take up that banner.

I might add one new gripe: his suspicion of you seemed kind of opportunistic. He even agreed with your reads
Also @DrWilgy asked for a case, so there's one. It doesn't belong to me though apart from my participation in the wagon.
Thank you
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:32 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Someone tell me the cases for the lead wagons, I'm stuck in work hell and going to see the kids tomorrow so activity/reread time will be light today if at all.

Scotty/Thunal.

Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
I dunno, but I’m gonna be pissed if I get D1’d again by a bad Jay only for town to lose to him in endgame.
Understandable.

No thoughts on your voters while responding to this inquiry feels weird.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Someone tell me the cases for the lead wagons, I'm stuck in work hell and going to see the kids tomorrow so activity/reread time will be light today if at all.

Scotty/Thunal.

Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
Why did you choose these names? They seem random
Scotty Thunal were in the lead 3-2 so I inquired why.

Scotty plus their wagon makes up the final list.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:07 am I said earlier that DrWilgy was my top town read. That was, of course, silly spam. I was bored. However, I do have a faint town lean based on this guy:

Scotty/Thunal.

As Bereft correctly observed, this was the wagon when Wilgy made this post (Scotty receiving votes from Bereft, Cape, and JJJ). Wilgy is a very wagon-oriented hunter, and I think this looks like an authentic bit of "I have no time to actually read, but I can see the poll and come to a conclusion, so here's a conclusion" read.

Grain of salt blah blah, but it's something.
You're a grain of salt
Image Image Image
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DarlingMonroe »

catching up and voting before deadline for sure
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:19 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:18 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:50 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:45 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:05 pm Your defensiveness over a day 1 read that nobody else agrees with is certainly Intresting though
Your posts are extremely irritating, madam.
Mhm yes, makes 100 posts, gets shaded by a player who admits to not reading any of them critically, yeah I know I'd be so happy after that one, and totally not give in to natural impulses.
How dare I play a mafia game amIrite
@robyn do you think this exchange is in Bereft's range for mafia teammates (i.e., both he and Abigail as mafia)?

I don't actually suspect this, but I have a reason to ask.
i don't think it's in his range as mafia, not just teammates
I'd advise people to not speculate on my mafia game outside the codified aspects of my wolfplay, especially not on an individual lukewarm sarcastic post, and especially not about whether it could be distancing when distancing is the traditional cornerstone of my wolfplay.

Respect my wolfgame please.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 am Noted, thanks.
he's more manipulative as town rather than as mafia
True in some respects, yes.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:38 am scotty, why is lying scummy?
I think it’s contextual- in your case, you wanted to see ‘how I responded under pressure’ when I already had a healthy vote lead and was under pressure. That was a place that didn’t make sense for you be lying.

I think another pertinent question: why is lying towny?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:42 am Scotty, if you read the post, there is a sentence that ends with a question mark.

You seem very all over the place at the moment and I hate to admit that I'm struggling to parse it.
I tend to catch up from where I leave off unless I’m feeling particularly pressed for time and sometimes I miss posts here and there.

Though if it feels like I bounce around a lot that’s kinda how my mind works in real life lol

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nah, this helps not at all

If it’s between a no poster and me, I’d rather go over so we learn something

(I mean, obviously I don’t want it to be me, but my point stands)

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 am I can also be more charitable to Scotty.

Look, lets pretend you knew Robyn was town, what would you do with it?
Well I certainly wouldn’t be voting them.

This line of questioning is so weird. I’m having a hard time parsing *you*

Like, you could just have a god read on them, and vis versa, in which case I feel like that will self resolve at some point. Or, you could be just vouching for your partner so if they flip red, you can go ‘huh, well, that’s the first time I’ve been wrong’

Why not just say ‘get off Robyn’ instead of creating riddles?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:50 am You should talk about the time Robyn was voting me and said they had a god read on me and both of us were town.
Yea, Robyn had a god read on Ilario in Severance and it turns out they pray to the wrong god

So

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:51 am I'm going to establish a universal law that the minimum number of games of experience necessary to declare a "god read" is 50 games.
I have a god read on cheese

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I'm worried about the amount of low or no posters in this game. I've seen completely winnable games lost because the people that didn't do anything were the ones left alive.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:36 am catching up and voting before deadline for sure
That's something. Any leans/thoughts off the top of your head?
ImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:24 am oh fuck, bereft said he’d specifically tr that kind of post, in his post about svs being town

blah, don’t tr it bereft
Don't tr what exactly?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:07 am I said earlier that DrWilgy was my top town read. That was, of course, silly spam. I was bored. However, I do have a faint town lean based on this guy:

Scotty/Thunal.

As Bereft correctly observed, this was the wagon when Wilgy made this post (Scotty receiving votes from Bereft, Cape, and JJJ). Wilgy is a very wagon-oriented hunter, and I think this looks like an authentic bit of "I have no time to actually read, but I can see the poll and come to a conclusion, so here's a conclusion" read.

Grain of salt blah blah, but it's something.
Wilgy is indeed a wagon-oriented hunter, and he does this in both alignments.

This posts reads as ‘I didn’t actually townread him like I said, it was a haha joke; also, I kinda do townread him to affirm my original joke townread’

Wilgy is notorious for being absolutely middle of the pack vague in early game, and I don’t feel like anything can be drawn out of what he’s posted yet

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
Scotty > Cape90 >>>>> Bereft
[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

Full on OMGUS mode. I know I said Jay shouldn’t be D1’d but circumstances change and I feel like I’d be remiss if I missed this again
I don't like that Scotty went straight to voting Jay here. It's hard to see suspecting Jay because he sheeped people as a real thought.
ImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:24 am oh fuck, bereft said he’d specifically tr that kind of post, in his post about svs being town

blah, don’t tr it bereft
Oh I see.

Yeah no, I'd never tr that post coming from you. Advanced players get more advanced methods ... or sometimes not.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Scotty is having gripes with people for the sake of having gripes with people and if he's town here, it needs to stop ASAP, because I don't see myself townreading the slot if this keeps up.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:53 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm I’ve turned around on Cape- even tho he doesn’t have a lot of posts, what posts he has made are actual reads. Obviously I would like him to expand on them, but he’s making definitive reads

Thunal on the surface looks fine with their reads, if not making reads that come off as half baked. And no one wants a half baked pie, except maybe the stray cat that hangs out on my patio after dark. He’ll eat anything.
Scumlean
this post is actually disgusting, but i have to read cape's posts in the interim, either way blahhhh, early shade on cape who is the easiest mischop on this side of the mississippi is just not a good look for a player of scotty's stature and understanding
This post seems opportunistic.

Of all the people having suspicions on me, yours feels hollow

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine
I don't think I agree with the Robyn sus, but it's a decent original point for Scotty to pick up. Especially because robyn only expressed sus on the shade on Cape when Scotty was already being widely suspected and not before.
ImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Look, the last person I know who entered every defense at an angle to make the other person look scummy was scum. Its not not a thing wolves do.

Return to “Previous Heists”