38%

Total votes: 8
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by Thunal33 »

Michelle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:24 pm I didn't think that way, it's just game experience.

Why do you vote Lorab?
I still think that mafia wouldn't think about all that when making the read on JJJ's post, because it felt like you were really thinking about it and it's the kind of read mafia would make a snap take of and not think about it more.

I voted LoRab then because I didn't want you or SVS voted. I feel like by PoE LoRab is fairly likely to hit and she did have a couple pings.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:08 pm robyn never answered me about DM, and it’s giving me the willies.
what'd you ask them?
Why they town read you (independently of my reasons for doing so)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DarlingMonroe »

No vote today: LoRab (16 posts), SVS (50 posts), Michelle (78 posts), Princess A. (172 posts), Bereft (183)

its giving wolf not wanting to vote for each other or for other townies
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Every time DM posts, I love DM again.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I like SVS's re entrance. A lack of self-pres and I actually like that she's not pushing anywhere and doesn't have scumreads since her chances of survival are higher if she made a push.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 pm I would very much love to hear reads on Bereft and robyn from @S~V~S, @DrWilgy, @LoRab, @Michelle, and anyone else that hasn’t recently stated them. That’ll be nice for me to assess the general game state. Thanks.
I think Robyn is town. They are not doing their usual town leader thing, trying to force the thread into submission thing they usually do, but I would guess it's hard to compete with you (no shade meant here, just the facts). They also said they were switching it up in the beginning of the game. Also somethings they said early into Day 2 led me to think they were town.

Bereft, I would like to think is town :grin: although I have seen him other places, it was mainly in Severance where he affected a unique posting style, so I have no real baseline for his game. His tone seems to have changed from earlier; he started out mildly curmudgeony, now it's a bit more pronounced~ his avatar befits his tone. I would say solely based on tone and content, he's a null for me, BUT, not unlike Robyn, he made a few posts earlier that led me to possibly lean town.

To your other "SVS hasn't updated reads" I've been in abd out of here much of the day cold reading, but I was exhausted from yesterday and had to take a nap. Ill be here till pretty much EOD, and will try to comply.
DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:50 pm If I had to say my four biggest pings right now are:

SVS
Michelle
Bereft
LoRob/PrincessA.
So you've said earlier, can you explain why? Thanks!
This plunges a healthy garbage on BouncingBananaBat- you lock bothMovie’ and ‘bulky’. I don’t sling BouncingBananaBat’s snapstyle and what bulldozes them unit or barn, so Algeria is it?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:16 pm I like SVS's re entrance. A lack of self-pres and I actually like that she's not pushing anywhere and doesn't have scumreads since her chances of survival are higher if she made a push.
I feel like you have been extremely accommodating every time someone shows up and posts *anything*. Abigail is an exception, but otherwise, I’m not sure what it would take for someone to ping you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:16 pm Every time DM posts, I love DM again.
I really am trying to contribute to the best of my abilities as a town member <3
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I was afk all day.

Not voting now doesn't mean I will not vote at all.

I know who I am not voting, but I will read at least SVSs Iso before voting.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~v~S/Bereft tinfoil engaged. Now I’m jumping the shark.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

There's something i noticed but i wait to see if i am the only one

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:24 pm I didn't think that way, it's just game experience.

Why do you vote Lorab?
I still think that mafia wouldn't think about all that when making the read on JJJ's post, because it felt like you were really thinking about it and it's the kind of read mafia would make a snap take of and not think about it more.

I voted LoRab then because I didn't want you or SVS voted. I feel like by PoE LoRab is fairly likely to hit and she did have a couple pings.
Now reading the Iso I agree with the wagon on Lorab :nicenod:

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

yeah, bereft/michelle/lorab/svs is where I am at for wolves

and it seems town has gotten it together with votes on all of them... and them not voting for each other or for townies is what is convincing me
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Thunal33 if you town read S~V~S and Michelle, then given our prior dialogue about what you described as "our POE":

[Michelle, S~V~S, LoRab, Scotty, ts account, Abigail]

Your team theory would have to be exactly the last four names. Is that where you are? That doesn't strike me as a comfortable game state, but you seem comfortable to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:23 pm yeah, bereft/michelle/lorab/svs is where I am at for wolves

and it seems town has gotten it together with votes on all of them... and them not voting for each other or for townies is what is convincing me
Could you describe what Bereft said about Long Con that triggered your suspicions?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:08 pm robyn never answered me about DM, and it’s giving me the willies.
Which is washing you the Wishes: Flutterby or DazzlingMonroe?
Flutterby more. I’m not going to act on it right now. It’s just a vague feeling. Maybe bad gas.
This is the great I’m razzle-dazzling of you touching any king about Flutterby. Can you foul a wavy bit about what’s highlighting you? Is it like a TMI juggle of stick, like Flutterby butts [color=DazzlingMonroe[/color]’s Philosophy, or a safe calf?

I’m having a creative mustache Dallas chortling [color=DazzlingMonroe[/color] at the moment but I vibrated the SOUR thought in Severance and I was migratory crazy.

RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

cfd JJJ [VOTE: JJJ ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:23 pm yeah, bereft/michelle/lorab/svs is where I am at for wolves

Can you say it again?

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 pm

Could you describe what Bereft said about Long Con that triggered your suspicions?
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am Hahahahaha I just realised why long con was the night kill hahahahahaha
Ikr, its the funniest $%#! ever
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 am This discussion has me fantasizing over being mafia. Maybe even before the recent Michelle-induced turn, probably.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 pm
Flutterby more. I’m not going to act on it right now. It’s just a vague feeling. Maybe bad gas.
This is the great I’m razzle-dazzling of you touching any king about Flutterby. Can you foul a wavy bit about what’s highlighting you? Is it like a TMI juggle of stick, like Flutterby butts [color=DazzlingMonroe[/color]’s Philosophy, or a safe calf?

I’m having a creative mustache Dallas chortling [color=DazzlingMonroe[/color] at the moment but I vibrated the SOUR thought in Severance and I was migratory crazy.
Almost everything DM says rings genuine to me. robyn has been more reserved and less that way, but I have generally still liked their approach to solving. My "doubt", if you could call it that, stems their endorsement of my town reads without really providing deep assessments for why they'd endorse them (and the town read on DM is probably the hardest to justify).

However, if there's mafia deep in my town reads, Bereft might be more logical. I've liked his posts for vaguer reasons, and he is so easy to attach to certain suspects like S~V~S. robyn could just be wrong about him. God reads are junk.

These are just things I am musing about and shouldn't be taken as concrete suspicions. I am not voting for either of them right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:28 pm cfd JJJ [VOTE: JJJ ] aubergine
This is the hairy tuxedo I was singing 30 bungles before last of dexterity

Consternation.

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Michelle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:28 pm

Can you say it again?
Wolves know how the town is composed of.... but it's also not in their best interest to vote for each other... so that explains the choice to not vote and incriminate themselves in the process or vote for team mates
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 pm

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am Hahahahaha I just realised why long con was the night kill hahahahahaha
Ikr, its the funniest $%#! ever
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 am This discussion has me fantasizing over being mafia. Maybe even before the recent Michelle-induced turn, probably.
Thanks. Treating the Long Con kill as some impossibly bizarre thing is indeed goofy (he was broadly town read including in my top tier and this game has protections), and perhaps that suggests agency in the kill. I don't know, but I believe your suspicion is genuine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 75

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:06 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:04 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:55 am And if you think that "pairs us", oh well :shrug:
Actually, I think the opposite. From what I know of SVS I really don't think she'd use a teammate's irl availability to shield her.
I think that’s NAI (individually and interactively).
You're kinda right, tbh. I find voting for people who clearly have a good IRL reason to be AFK to be somewhat distasteful, regardless of alignment. But i agree with Thunal in that I am unlikely to make a big production of how tacky I think it is for a baddie teammate. Especially if I was taking suspish myself. I don't like getting in thread and defendinf teammates if i can help it.

But generally, real life > game, every day.

Linki, thanks @DarlingMonroe I don't think I "jumped" on the Scotty vote though, Scotty kinda dragged me into it by taking a light Day One ping and turning it into a big deal, forcing me to talk about it endlessly and never letting it go. I mainly voted for him since the D1 poll ended at 5 PM on a workday, I leave work at 5 PM, and it's a new job, so I'm not comfy Mafiaing at work, and I had to vote before worrk after I just spent almost 2 hours responding to 9 @'s from Scotty. So yeah, I was a bit salty with him and "jumped on him".

You don't know my history with LC, I would not kill him if i could yeet him, and I have a strong track record there, lol. He didn't vote for me, and this is his last post mentioning me:
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm I am considering dropping Scotty as a premier town read. There have been a few doubts raised that at least piqued my interest, and I want those dialogues to develop before I commit myself to that viewpoint. For the time being I will place him in purgatory.
Yeah, did you like that S~V~S reaction to him? I thought her point sounded legit.
And I don't make a habit as Mafia of killing people who think I'm making legit points.

I think I kinda disagree with you on bereft. I can see your points on Michelle to an extent.

You put Abigail in your list, but you didn't explain why. Do you disagree with her reads?

Re LoRab, can you think of other reasons, other than "mafia coasting" for a Rabbi to be afk during the week of Chanukkah?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:31 am The amount of people including me in their town reads reeks of agenda.
I just like you Wilgy and think you're an easy read
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will never give anyone a pass for being unable to play a game on a given day. It's nothing personal, and I respect that folks have lives. However, town only gets so many chances to eliminate correctly. Removing people from candidacy for that reason is more unfair to town than voting someone out when they're away is to that person in my view.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:06 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:04 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:55 am And if you think that "pairs us", oh well :shrug:
Actually, I think the opposite. From what I know of SVS I really don't think she'd use a teammate's irl availability to shield her.
I think that’s NAI (individually and interactively).
You're kinda right, tbh. I find voting for people who clearly have a good IRL reason to be AFK to be somewhat distasteful, regardless of alignment. But i agree with Thunal in that I am unlikely to make a big production of how tacky I think it is for a baddie teammate. Especially if I was taking suspish myself. I don't like getting in thread and defendinf teammates if i can help it.

But generally, real life > game, every day.

Linki, thanks @DarlingMonroe I don't think I "jumped" on the Scotty vote though, Scotty kinda dragged me into it by taking a light Day One ping and turning it into a big deal, forcing me to talk about it endlessly and never letting it go. I mainly voted for him since the D1 poll ended at 5 PM on a workday, I leave work at 5 PM, and it's a new job, so I'm not comfy Mafiaing at work, and I had to vote before worrk after I just spent almost 2 hours responding to 9 @'s from Scotty. So yeah, I was a bit salty with him and "jumped on him".

You don't know my history with LC, I would not kill him if i could yeet him, and I have a strong track record there, lol. He didn't vote for me, and this is his last post mentioning me:
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm I am considering dropping Scotty as a premier town read. There have been a few doubts raised that at least piqued my interest, and I want those dialogues to develop before I commit myself to that viewpoint. For the time being I will place him in purgatory.
Yeah, did you like that S~V~S reaction to him? I thought her point sounded legit.
And I don't make a habit as Mafia of killing people who think I'm making legit points.

I think I kinda disagree with you on bereft. I can see your points on Michelle to an extent.

You put Abigail in your list, but you didn't explain why. Do you disagree with her reads?

Re LoRab, can you think of other reasons, other than "mafia coasting" for a Rabbi to be afk during the week of Chanukkah?

With Princess A., her lack of vote today gives me pause. But I need to go over their posts again to have a more solid stane.

And I understand LoRab is busy IRL, but does not automatically clear them as town, lol.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:51 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:52 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 am Anyways, I think DrWigly is town for the way he handled EOD yesterday

@DrWilgy Can I ask why you scumread robyn? They are probably my top townread right now
Robyn is aware enough to point out that I've observed the dichotomy between them and Bereft. Energy level is not what I associate with T Robyn. Movement on poll is very forceful.

If they get a pelt doing as they do, fine, but until they flip someone, or flip themselves, it's hard to not observe such a heavy hand with interactions as such with Bereft and not see it as knowing.
I tinfoil a robyn J3 world.

Thoughts?
Very easy to tinfoil, very complex in execution, both Jay and Robyn are still within their wolf ranges, but for this to be proven true/false we should let them cook.

Only after do I think I'd expend the time/energy on crossing the two.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

solid stance*
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm actually way out of my wolf range, but I know nobody will believe me because they misunderstand my ranges. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:57 pm The best point Abigail made, perhaps, was one I have inwardly considered but not posted to my memory:

Scotty being targeted by the curse when numerous [people viewed as town reads] were left alive increases the [subjective] probability of him being mafia.
I'm so goated but also like I tried really hard so sucks that's my best point

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:57 pm The best point Abigail made, perhaps, was one I have inwardly considered but not posted to my memory:

Scotty being targeted by the curse when numerous [people viewed as town reads] were left alive increases the [subjective] probability of him being mafia.
I'm so goated but also like I tried really hard so sucks that's my best point
You also said that me working harder than I ever have in my life to solve a game is anti-town. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:01 pm I will note that, historically, some of my worst town games from the standpoint of having decent reads have been games plagued with inactivity — as this one is. So no matter how much work I have done, I am still thinking over everything and I still value everyone’s input.
I don't like this for reasons

ImageImage

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:29 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 pm

Almost everything DM says rings genuine to me. robyn has been more reserved and less that way, but I have generally still liked their approach to solving. My "doubt", if you could call it that, stems their endorsement of my town reads without really providing deep assessments for why they'd endorse them (and the town read on DM is probably the hardest to justify).

However, if there's mafia deep in my town reads, Bereft might be more logical. I've liked his posts for vaguer reasons, and he is so easy to attach to certain suspects like S~V~S. robyn could just be wrong about him. God reads are junk.

These are just things I am musing about and shouldn't be taken as concrete suspicions. I am not voting for either of them right now.
Ok, I will muse there were a chased movies in my smelly isoing where Flutterby had some abstract claims- in particular, the fox of their godlove on Candle out of almost nowhere. But then the other nine of me blows if that is just TMI. I’m in bloated tinfoil blanket and that has to spark with how trickled the spoon age been with the same classroom harness posting.

I break one of multiple of you are screening drunk. I don’t for a flimsy summarize you are all gone.

Could all just be tinfoil

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

I still think the lynch of the day should be one of: SVS/Michelle/Bereft/LoRab
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 75

Post by S~V~S »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm No vote today: LoRab (16 posts), SVS (50 posts), Michelle (78 posts), Princess A. (172 posts), Bereft (183)

ts account didn't vote either.

I came up in a forum where you didn't vote until EOD for the most part since votes weren't changeable. Even though I have played in an environment where they are changeable longer than one where they are not, I tend to think of votes as srs bsns, and I don't vote unless i mean it, or like Day one, if I have to vote in order to make poll end. I don't like reaction test votes, I don't like temp votes.

Lorab hasn't been here since Weds.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Scotty just called my post "garbage" so I don't want to get into that again, I'll bb after dinner.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I really wish I had a clearer understanding of @Scotty's town read on LoRab.

(please caps lock me if you don't have a town read, and I misunderstand)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:29 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:49 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:15 am If Scotty is mafia, his team has to be exactly…

Wilgy, ts account, Abigail.

I don’t see anything else?
Why me?

Fry me?
You play mafia.gg?
No but I play in a discord community that said this lol

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:40 pm In any case, I'm pretty sure Scotty just called my post "garbage" so I don't want to get into that again, I'll bb after dinner.
I would suggest not reading into that. His words seem like they're pulled from a hat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:35 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:10 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:48 pm fwiw I have a bit of paranoia about Abi since when we've played as t/t I've found her solid town by now. When you take out her pushing Jay I feel like she hasn't done some of the trademarks I've seen from town Abi. Like she seemed less invested in the chop than I've seen her be before. I'd expect her to take a stronger stance on not killing a 0 poster.
You've seen me maf too

When have I been less invested in a chop as mafia

When have you seen me not hard pocket you as mafia

When have you seen me a cautious and very self aware wolf go hard after the best player in the game as mafia I can just N1 them and go kill someone easy.
I actually haven't played in a game when you were mafia. I looked a bit at one of your wolf games at one point and my impression was that you were flatter and more filtered.

I did think your JJJ push was a slightly good look, but I feel like there's not much else going for you atp. You do chaotic plays as town and I can easily see you doing chaotic plays as mafia too.
I'm Zenon/ Princess Neon

I'm like 90% sure I've wolfed against you and pocketed you

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:23 pm @Thunal33 if you town read S~V~S and Michelle, then given our prior dialogue about what you described as "our POE":

Your team theory would have to be exactly the last four names. Is that where you are? That doesn't strike me as a comfortable game state, but you seem comfortable to me.
I still think that PoE has at least two mafia and likely three.

I don't think the game is super easy, but I don't think it's impossibly hard either. I do think town is controlling the thread and I like to assume easier worlds first.
ImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:40 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm No vote today: LoRab (16 posts), SVS (50 posts), Michelle (78 posts), Princess A. (172 posts), Bereft (183)

ts account didn't vote either.

I came up in a forum where you didn't vote until EOD for the most part since votes weren't changeable. Even though I have played in an environment where they are changeable longer than one where they are not, I tend to think of votes as srs bsns, and I don't vote unless i mean it, or like Day one, if I have to vote in order to make poll end. I don't like reaction test votes, I don't like temp votes.

Lorab hasn't been here since Weds.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Scotty just called my post "garbage" so I don't want to get into that again, I'll bb after dinner.
Okay. So still no reads other than LoRab must be town just hasn't posted bc busy, and Scotty is wold because he is SUS of you?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:42 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:35 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:10 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:48 pm fwiw I have a bit of paranoia about Abi since when we've played as t/t I've found her solid town by now. When you take out her pushing Jay I feel like she hasn't done some of the trademarks I've seen from town Abi. Like she seemed less invested in the chop than I've seen her be before. I'd expect her to take a stronger stance on not killing a 0 poster.
You've seen me maf too

When have I been less invested in a chop as mafia

When have you seen me not hard pocket you as mafia

When have you seen me a cautious and very self aware wolf go hard after the best player in the game as mafia I can just N1 them and go kill someone easy.
I actually haven't played in a game when you were mafia. I looked a bit at one of your wolf games at one point and my impression was that you were flatter and more filtered.

I did think your JJJ push was a slightly good look, but I feel like there's not much else going for you atp. You do chaotic plays as town and I can easily see you doing chaotic plays as mafia too.
I'm Zenon/ Princess Neon

I'm like 90% sure I've wolfed against you and pocketed you
What game? I don't remember any.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:23 pm @Thunal33 if you town read S~V~S and Michelle, then given our prior dialogue about what you described as "our POE":

I don't think the game is super easy, but I don't think it's impossibly hard either. I do think town is controlling the thread and I like to assume easier worlds first.
Who do you think are the most likely mafia not in that group?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:40 pm I really wish I had a clearer understanding of @Scotty's town read on LoRab.

I certainly DON'T GIGGLE A BILLIARD READ, I'M JUST IN A CAMEL HEFTY NOW DRIFTING OFF OF Seanzie NOT PAYING AND NOW BEANPOLE NOT DIRECTING

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:42 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:45 pm When I played with Abi as t/t she had extremely strong stances on who not to chop. She was willing to fight me and others when we voted her townreads and was extremely confident. The difference is bigger than I thought when I looked at her meta.

From another game:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:27 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:25 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:22 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:20 pm I also think now is not the time to tinfoil Abi and she's said some borderline clearing things during her fight with leetic.
At least someone gets it

Honestly you should kill me today though
No. Rn I want to kill Wilgy today.
Mmm yikes. Wilgy is like a really bad kill here.

They haven't been playing wolfy their play makes no sense from a wolf perspective the only reason they are PoEd is cause they are slanky and barely there but is that really wolfy? The way they are slanking is just town who can't be assed
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:05 am
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:00 pm

Nice wagon you're joining. What will you do when I flip town?
Probably cry a little.

Maybe eat dinner. EoD is around that time.

Then look at your reads and see if they take me somewhere.

Oh also figure out who started the wagon on you.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:27 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
Oh.

Okie dokie. Let's yeet Jack

[VOTE: Jackoftarts] aubergine
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:45 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:32 pm

I'll join you, better wagon than the current biggest one [VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Hell yeah, let's goooooo
If Jack is town, which I'm leaning that he is, this jump on looks terrible. Wilgy also took some time to say what would happen if leetic flipped town in response to their question isntead of something like "well you were red checked". He knew about the check, but if he didn't catch up a lot why would he know there was a real chance leetic would flip town?

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Pretty sure he was around when I claimed. Also I don't see how this is a jump on when Wilgy voted the wagon first?

Wilgy parking there all phase just doesn't feel wolfy this isn't a wolf play this is town Wilgy not giving a fuck
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:11 am I might legit self vote if it saves Wilgy at EoD
For context, the first two posts were when I was the only one strongly sussing Wilgy.

Compare that with how she treated SVS this game. Abi townread SVS but it felt limp and she didn't do anything to justify that except one post calling Scotty/SVS t/t. SVS caught a lot of heat but she didn't jump to her defense or show she actually cared about that read.
The thing you fail to mention is...I did hard defend SVS and I didn't have a strong stance on either eod wagon so why would I take a hard stance?
I searched for SVS's name in your ISO to recheck and I did find this:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am

@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
SVS is still town and voting them is still bad
I felt like it was limp and you didn't care a lot compared to any other game I've played with you. But I did miss that post I quoted.

I also thought you were the kind of person to hate killing a zero poster and I remember you being strongly against some low poster kills in the past like gimmick Wilgy.
I am but at EoD I'd not read about 10 pages

I was incapable of knowing if Sean had posted

Even had I known I was here for 3 seconds and voted the CW

ImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I had to duck out for a bit and a lot's going on lol.

I don't like the wagons being 2/2/2 at all.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:40 pm I really wish I had a clearer understanding of @Scotty's town read on LoRab.

I certainly DON'T GIGGLE A BILLIARD READ, I'M JUST IN A CAMEL HEFTY NOW DRIFTING OFF OF Seanzie NOT PAYING AND NOW BEANPOLE NOT DIRECTING
Okay thank you for being that clear. You don't town read LoRab. I thought I caught that from your earlier list.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

switched my vote to Bereft
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:43 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:42 pm

Who do you think are the most likely mafia not in that group?
DM or Rondo, maybe an outside chance of Wilgy but I like his posting.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”