The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 10]

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:Ah, I remember now I was confused because you gave Blooper her first vote.

What are your thoughts on Mongoose? I'm probably voting that way again.
I did a re-read of you and your thoughs on the Mongoose case just to be sure. I think both Boom and Mongoose have sketchy voting records, but the thing that clinches Boomslang for me is his back and forth with Dom that was really more for show than anything (Remember, when Dom voted Bass it was just about useless.) And Boomslang wasted no time in trying to point out that their back-and-forth was good for him when Dom flipped baddie.

LC, you made a comment a few days ago about how you thought I planted a post so that I could go back and say "Oh look, this must mean i'm good" or whatever. Something similar to what Boom did, would you not agree that this is suspect?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

If you're talking about the comment where he said "this should burnish my Civvie rep", then yes, that comment tickled my suspish bone the second I read it.
DharmaHelper

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 4]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Made wrote:Damn, nice guys. Full transparency, If i would of got into thread before the lynch was over I would of voted Dom, so good thing i didn't.
Raised over $1000 at last night fundraiser!!!!

Going to do a more thorough read, but from the little i skimmed, caught this:
Is forcing a tie so a civvie(stanley) decided the lynch a good idea in close lynches.
How do you know Dom is a civvie? If you had broken the tie and gone with Dom, we still had a possibility of lynching a baddie, just not the Warden. :ponder:
So, if we find out Dom is a baddie, then you could easily come back to this statement and say, "Look, I was right about him!"

That would be good for your rep, wouldn't it? :srsnod:
This is basically what Boomslang did, yes?

(This is directed to LC, but mostly to the rest of you)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

As for MP07, I for one welcome our new nightkill overlord! I’d like to remind them that as a trusted Civ-minded individual, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in his underground fight club! :noble:

MP, how about an update? I assume you must have soft-recruited bea and Elohcin at the very least by now, how is your endgame looking?
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

I've just noticed Snow Dog voted Boom when DF got lynched. Turned out not to mean anything but at the time DH had only two voted and DF had none. One thing that worries me about voting Boom is that he could have voted DH when Snowy was lynched, but didn't. If he had DH would have led 7-6.

linki - civ-minded individual?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:I've just noticed Snow Dog voted Boom when DF got lynched. Turned out not to mean anything but at the time DH had only two voted and DF had none. One thing that worries me about voting Boom is that he could have voted DH when Snowy was lynched, but didn't. If he had DH would have led 7-6.

linki - civ-minded individual?
Snowy did not seem like he was enjoying himself going off of his in-thread posts. I'm sure BTS he was even less enthused about continuing

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
zeek wrote:Ermm... :|

Guess that means Roxy, Russ or INH was a Suit.
How do you figure?

@MP...does this mean we will see no more "so-and-so was killed by Tyler"
You tell me. :feb:

Long Con wrote:As for MP07, I for one welcome our new nightkill overlord! I’d like to remind them that as a trusted Civ-minded individual, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in his underground fight club! :noble:

MP, how about an update? I assume you must have soft-recruited bea and Elohcin at the very least by now, how is your endgame looking?
Much appreciated, LC. :noble:

My chances to win at endgame are looking definitely possible at the moment. If we were to lynch both Sorcerers remaining in a row, I can very possibly win. I can still lose, however, namely if we lynch a recruit today, the Sorcerers NK a recruit tonight, and the game ends really shortly thereafter.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

True. I'm open to lynching either Boom or Mongoose, but I feel Mongoose might be the better option here. If you agree she's a good candidate, given the 3-vowel clue, she could be Voldemort. I'd rather take out Voldemort than Crowley, given the secrets.

MP, what do you think of Boom and Mongoose?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Good question, zeek. I'm not totally sure; they're difficult to read. Mongoose is my biggest suspect at the moment: Her voting record supports Sorcerer and her contributions have been trivial at best. I'm not convinced she's bad, however, so I could see my vote going elsewhere if a convincing case is made against Boomslang or juliets.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Good question, zeek. I'm not totally sure; they're difficult to read. Mongoose is my biggest suspect at the moment: Her voting record supports Sorcerer and her contributions have been trivial at best. I'm not convinced she's bad, however, so I could see my vote going elsewhere if a convincing case is made against Boomslang or juliets.
You mean a second convincing case against Boomslang? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Good question, zeek. I'm not totally sure; they're difficult to read. Mongoose is my biggest suspect at the moment: Her voting record supports Sorcerer and her contributions have been trivial at best. I'm not convinced she's bad, however, so I could see my vote going elsewhere if a convincing case is made against Boomslang or juliets.
You mean a second convincing case against Boomslang? :P
Well, sure. :p

Frankly, I thought Boomslang seemed civvie and genuine earlier in the game, and I have a role in mind for him, possibly.

Nonetheless, I do think his behavior has been suspicious, and I could see him being a Sorcerer. I just feel more strongly about Mongoose.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Gonna stick my vote there for now :offtobed:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Changes her tune for no apparent reason. Or only that she didn't vote the case on Snowy.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:Changes her tune for no apparent reason. Or only that she didn't vote the case on Snowy.
Changes her tune how?

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

*love the case on Snowy.

She didn't want to vote for you, thought you defended yourself like a champ. The next day, having expressed no opinions on you since then, votes for you because she didn't want to vote for Snow Dog.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: nevermind, I read that wrong and thought you meant she had no problem voting for Snowy

Gonna be interested in seeing her response.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's not like she has a problem wasting her vote...

Like she did voting Hedgeowl the day before (who then got lynched because of game mechanics).

Or voting Daisy the day after.

Or in fact when she voted Lizzy D5, despite everybody else voting Dom except TH (who seemed to have his vote forced).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry so quiet, rl etc. Will vote later.

And I know MP is saying he is replacing the suits, but only 2 known dead of either team exists right? So we are taking his word on that? Or did I miss something?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:And I know MP is saying he is replacing the suits, but only 2 known dead of either team exists right? So we are taking his word on that? Or did I miss something?
Suits: Made, DFaraday and Bass.
Sorcerers: Dom and Snow Dog.

insertnamehere or Russtifinko were killed by the Sorcerers, so could have been the last Suit - or it could have been Roxy, as her role wasn't revealed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

It could also be the Sorcerers is my point, right?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I don't get what you mean. The Sorcerers took over the kill? The post says killed by Tyler Durden.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The Suits kill on odd nights. They no longer kill on odd nights because I do (if you want proof, I just killed last night).

Why else would that be if the Suits were still alive?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:It could also be the Sorcerers is my point, right?

Not unless you think the Suits somehow recruited MovingDurden

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'll look again at Boomslang and Mongoose. Mongoose just hasn't really been "in" the game. Most of her posts are jokey or reaction oriented or just adding a comment that doesn't add anything to our search. Boomslang I'm just not sure of at all. It seems like he's been real quiet. I'll take a look at them both and consider what evidence people bring on both of them.

Oh, and I tend to believe the Suits are gone given the logic they didn't kill last night, tyler did. Interesting that he inherited the kill, if that's what happened.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also, before i forget, I will be traveling all day tomorrow and so won't be in the thread. The place I'm going supposedly does have wifi so I should be back on line day after tomorrow. We are going to take care of a family member who is having surgery so I may not be on quite as much but I will be on at least a couple of times a day.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

zeek wrote:It's not like she has a problem wasting her vote...

Like she did voting Hedgeowl the day before (who then got lynched because of game mechanics).

Or voting Daisy the day after.

Or in fact when she voted Lizzy D5, despite everybody else voting Dom except TH (who seemed to have his vote forced).
I'm a bit pinged by the phrase "wasting her vote" here. So if you don't go along with the dominant vote, you're wasting it? Or are you expressing honest doubt and trying to spur discussion on a different candidate?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Sometimes I feel like I am coming in here and talking some foreign language :(

I always feel like that when I am a civvie.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

Ok, so I was getting some "vibes" about Boomslang... these vibrations of masterful intuition hummed to me that Boomslang might be hinting that he is the Face of Boe. But the fact that, at this point in the game, has only said there's 2 Civs he trusts and has given us no baddies... quite frankly, at this point in the game, I would expect the Face of Boe to be more of a leader in the thread.

So I looked back over his posts and there were some things I noticed. These are in chronological order:
Boomslang wrote:
juliets wrote:
juliets wrote:I was making a statement for the lie detector, Boe, if he she wanted to check it. Also someone, I think Made, asked several people including me about the contrast in our good and bad alignment behavior. Someone, maybe llama, maybe someone else, answered the question immediately. My impression was thats why they were making that statement. I just can't remember who it was. I think tha'ts what you may be remembering and if i had to guess I would say it was llama.
Boomslang wrote:Nevertheless, the statement makes a pretty firm commitment to a "civ" game. Because if Boe does check it, and finds it to be false, things could get awfully hairy for you. Unless you're an indy role with some secret that blocks lie detection... Hatter's insanity could be related. Just throwing that out there for consideration.
I don't think we disagree. I am making a firm commitment to a "civ" game. Maybe I'm missing your point but I think we agree.
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that making an absolute commitment to saying "I am civ" is painting a target on your back for being NK'ed, unless you have powers to prevent it (or are not in fact civ).
We have this exchange... so, if Boomslang is the Face of Boe, and clearly aware of a statement to detect, why hasn't he spoken up about juliets in any way? She's not really part of the Supertrust Club, her name is still being thrown around as a possible baddie. Where's Boomslang's opinion?
Boomslang wrote:I really am having trouble figuring out what to say this lynch. Obviously, I'm somewhat happy that Dom is getting attention, because I sure as hell don't deserve the tunnel vision hunt he's been throwing my way ever since Day 1. But jumping on that will make me seem bad, so... maybe I better keep my opinions to myself.
Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

(Not saying Bass is lying, I'm just pointing out how dumb that is)
Agreed. In the interest of making Bass a more valid option for discussion and to forestall a Dom bandwagon picking up steam, I'll vote now.
Dom was after Boom all game, which could have been an extended distancing thing, but he still tries to save Dom in the two-man lynch...
Boomslang wrote:Caught up, frankly still unsure what's going on. Just let it be noted that Dom has been gunning for me this whole game; I think that burnishes my civvie cred a bit.
...and still tries to make sure he gets his full allotment of cred. Which would probably have been more deserved had he voted for Dom in the two-man lynch.
Boomslang wrote:MP argues that we don't need to kill him to win. However, we don't need him alive to win, and his unknown qualities worry me. Voting MP
A seeming indication that Boomslang doesn't know any baddies... and to me, voting MP when you know he's indy is a nice way for a baddie to not ruffle any Civvie feathers.
Boomslang wrote:I know that Spacedaisy, Long Con, and myself are not bad. Talk amongst yourselves as to why/how I would say this.
Busts out the serious role-suggestion possibility. Note that The Sorcerers had The Necromancer, who learns the role of people they kill. So if they had killed Boe somewhere along the line, it would be an easy, practically inevitable plan for one of them to try to role-hint at being Boe.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Hey all, starting to catch up now. Sorry but it was Super Bowl weekend and my Pats won so I've been busy!

:fiesta:
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

zeek wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And I know MP is saying he is replacing the suits, but only 2 known dead of either team exists right? So we are taking his word on that? Or did I miss something?
Suits: Made, DFaraday and Bass.
Sorcerers: Dom and Snow Dog.

insertnamehere or Russtifinko were killed by the Sorcerers, so could have been the last Suit - or it could have been Roxy, as her role wasn't revealed.
I think it must have been INH.

Russ did vote early in the DF lynch for Boomslang, which could have been a try at saving, but he voted Bass over Dom at a key time in the Dom/Bass lynch. It doesn't scream Suit to me. And Roxy was definitely playing her civ game, I'd highly doubt it was her. INH is most likely, if the Suits are indeed gone.

Doesn't really matter, I guess. Either way, we need to find sorcerers today.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:It could also be the Sorcerers is my point, right?
Could you expand on this? Do you mean that instead of Tyler taking over killing for the suits, that he has joined the sorcerers? Because I don't think the sorcerers killed and made it look like Tyler, as MP clearly indicated that yes, he did do the kill. So the only possible alternative would be that he joined the sorcerers? Is that what you mean?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I like the case against Mongoose slightly better than the one on Boomslang at the moment, but Dom DOES have a history of going after teammates in games. I can remember times where Dom warned me in BTSC that he would be going after me lol.

I'll reread both later today but for now I've got one other game to catch up on.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

Hey guys, I thought it might make it easier for me if you knew my role! It begins with B and ends with avmorda! LOL
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:Hey guys, I thought it might make it easier for me if you knew my role! It begins with B and ends with avmorda! LOL
What a blatant lie there is no role on the roles list called Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavmorda

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Dom wrote:Hey guys, I thought it might make it easier for me if you knew my role! It begins with B and ends with avmorda! LOL
What a blatant lie there is no role on the roles list called Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavmorda
Secret Role. :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MattMatt is gonna be lunched one of these days.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Alright, LC, let's talk for a minute about the mechanics of Face of Boe. We've had nine night periods, so FOB could check up to nine statements. Some statements may be made by people with immunity due to secrets, and some nights the power might be blocked through targeting of FOB or the target of the lie detection. So it's likely FOB has gotten off fewer than nine usages of the power. Additionally, because of the existence of the role, baddies are unlikely to gambit with civ claims unless they know FOB is dead, which they don't. So FOB will be stuck checking civ claims by civs, providing little insight into baddie team makeup. Hard for FOB to be a leader with that sort of information.

Also, juliets is civ.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:disappoint:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well, while I see the *possibility* of Mongoose being bad, I'd also like to at least see her rebuttal. And since Boomslang has been around and has not made me feel any better about him, I will say this much:

There is a *possibility* that Mongoose is bad, but I would rather deal with *certainty* any day of the week. And I am absolutely, indisputably certain that Boomslang is bad and needs to be lynched today. I've tried to beat around the bush but there's just no point. He's bad, he's gotta go. Lynch him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DH why are you so sure? In my situation I know he is right about me and it seems he would have to be the role he hints to know that about me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:DH why are you so sure? In my situation I know he is right about me and it seems he would have to be the role he hints to know that about me.
Except not. There are *At best* 2 mafia left, so his odds of being "right" when saying someone is a civ are astronomical.

I'm sure. He's bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OK, thanks for the quick reply.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:DH why are you so sure? In my situation I know he is right about me and it seems he would have to be the role he hints to know that about me.
Except not. There are *At best* 2 mafia left, so his odds of being "right" when saying someone is a civ are astronomical.

I'm sure. He's bad.
And the odds of you being right when calling someone a baddie are equally astronomical. In this case, as it refers to me, they are precisely zero. You're barking up the wrong tree, and your sudden turn to "absolute certainty" seems rather desperate without additional information.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm sure. He's bad.
And the odds of you being right when calling someone a baddie are equally astronomical. In this case, as it refers to me, they are precisely zero. You're barking up the wrong tree, and your sudden turn to "absolute certainty" seems rather desperate without additional information.
Desperate? Yes, I am very desperate to avoid a wrong step in this lynch. Addtional information? Some of us prefer not to dump information :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

I am posting here so I can find my place when I return. I have had the thread open since about 9am, maybe earlier, and have been reading a bit here and there throughout the day as my kids and I did school. For some reason, the day has flown by and it took use much longer than usual to complete assignments. I really don't have anything to add to the thread atm, but I did want to ask DH if he would quote the place where Boom said what he said to try and gain civvie cred.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 5]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:Caught up, frankly still unsure what's going on. Just let it be noted that Dom has been gunning for me this whole game; I think that burnishes my civvie cred a bit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

If Boomslang is a sorcerer, then he knows full well who his remaining partner is, and can label anyone else he pleases as civ, since he's clearly trying to say he is face of boe without saying it.

I've got to think.
My siggie.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm sure. He's bad.
Desperate? Yes, I am very desperate to avoid a wrong step in this lynch. Addtional information? Some of us prefer not to dump information :shrug:
And some of us don't actually have any information to dump...
timmer wrote:If Boomslang is a sorcerer, then he knows full well who his remaining partner is, and can label anyone else he pleases as civ, since he's clearly trying to say he is face of boe without saying it.

I've got to think.
This is heading to WIFOM city. I really wish I could indicate who the baddies are, but I don't have the certainty that DH appears to have. I'm still skeptical of Mongoose, however, and will likely end up voting that way unless startling new info arises.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”