Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 4

Post by Young Lady »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Wait, aren't you Carmen? Are we doing third person all of a sudden?

Linki - WIFOM always gets on my nerves, not because of those who use it, but just in general the sort of infinite possibilities of bluffs, double bluffs, tripple bluffs etc ad nauseum. As it stands I have 3-4 really locked in suspects, and those would be in no particular order Mainchin, Carmen, Finnian, and Gobnait

Still 11.
Yeah Carmen can't be the word, it's a proper name.

And I was feeling really good about our candidates until this post. I'm certainly a civ, and I have been reading Mainchin as very civ as well. This worries me that neither Carmen or Finnian is on Queran's (evil) team. That doesn't stop them from being SKs or on the other team though, so I guess it's ok.

All things considered, I'm still ok with choosing either of them, but could we please save a bunch of time and just lynch Queran? Are people really still reading our ongoing debate as civ-civ? I just don't see how it's possible, we've been at each other's throats now for going on 3 days. No one else sees his posts as un-genuine?

To be completely transparent, nobody seems to see my points against you either. And *I* haven't had to retract any of *my* points as being categorically untrue or made up. :haha:

Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
All things considered, I'm still ok with choosing either of them, but could we please save a bunch of time and just lynch Queran? Are people really still reading our ongoing debate as civ-civ? I just don't see how it's possible, we've been at each other's throats now for going on 3 days. No one else sees his posts as un-genuine?

I pray my observation doesn't cause offense, but I didn't read your back and forth as "civ-civ" as much as I read it as "pissy-pissy."

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I believe you.

Thank You :)
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:After reading through Carmen's posts, particularly her night posts, I find myself hesitant to vote her.

I don't understand why she seemed to gloss over surviving her fate though. An innocent should proclaim her innocence. Vote shenanigans could easily have been the cause, a double win for the evil group. Destroy Bac, and let Carmen suffer the consequences.

Is she an innocent, distracted by RL, or a not so pure, also distracted by RL..... those night posts :ponder:

(3)
I thought about this today, in the accounting department of the Pixie Dust factory (just becasue I'm Rajah doesn't mean I don't have to feed the l'il Pixies) and I do think it is rather obvious, Japanify me, kill me, and let a pawn take the blame.

So I will take your advice & reread her night posts.
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Etain Royalskull wrote:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:Hard to believe the mafia would waste a lynch switch just to frame Carmen. What purpose does it serve? She was going to be lynched anyway and if CIv why would they care?

Wait, now I'm a tad more confused than before. Can't the Rumple team easily switch lynches if they are close?

3. (I remembered!!!)
Yes but why wouyld they if Carmen is civ?

A plethora of reasons, Mainchin. If we are distracted pointing the blame at Carmen, we are not noticing them. They also may think she is one of the SKs or the secret team. Maybe the secret team is the ones who did this atrocious act. I have seen a grouping of no-goodniks coast to victory on this very tactic. Clever no-goodniks have endless feats of legerdemain up their sleeves.

Need to eat and peruse the chain of posts at my leisure :)

*8*
No-goodnicks? legerdemain? peruse?

Remember when you called me out for being excessive about my colorful fluffy language? :yay:

Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

If Rumpelforeskin, et al. moved the lynch to Bac, why Bac? Bac had zero votes, which leads me to think they could have chosen anyone.

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

Perhaps I said something to piss them off? Not sure what I have said that someone else did not say as well (other than saying Ameerah was shady, and tbh, I think I was not the only one to say that).

All I can say is that they somehow redirected the consensus hanging to me. They wanted tiny me to go bye bye is all I know for sure.

*9*
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:If Rumpelforeskin, et al. moved the lynch to Bac, why Bac? Bac had zero votes, which leads me to think they could have chosen anyone.

Maybe for the same reason someone chose to shut her up by having her speak Japanese. The only thing I noticed with regard to Carmen and Bac is Bac's the one who pointed out that it was interesting Carmen could figure out Fane (I think it was Fane) voted for someone at the wrong table when she Bac (and i venture the rest of us) was having trouble just figuring out which people she had to vote from.

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I don't recall who it was, I have to go back and reread my own posts, inhaling Pixie Dust is bad kids, just don't do it. It rots your brain :nod:

*10*
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Friends, I am getting a vision, and will not be with you for a while.

My vision involves something about an...alchemist. A sickly alchemist. One who enlists a former apprentice to help him amass a fortune to leave to his family before he perishes.

And something about the continuation of a..."fifth season?" I must focus on this for now. :srsnod:

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:Perhaps I said something to piss them off? Not sure what I have said that someone else did not say as well (other than saying Ameerah was shady, and tbh, I think I was not the only one to say that).

All I can say is that they somehow redirected the consensus hanging to me. They wanted tiny me to go bye bye is all I know for sure.

*9*
I'm pretty sure you are the only person who has called me shady and other than saying I've used hyperbole, you really haven't elaborated on why. Again, you are totally barking up the wrong tree and I'd ask that you read my posts again please. :noble:

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 1

Post by Rachel Green »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Carmen Brightsun wrote:These "random" votes for Jorhan don't sit right with me. Especially this one:
Fane Winebattle wrote:I haven't been feeling well and the names are confusing me lol.
I will randomize my vote and I got Jorhan.
According to the chart, Fane, you are seated at the table of Happiness, and therefore you could not have voted for Jorhan.

This makes me think Jorhan is likely good. And because I'm beginning to trust Shand, I am going to vote for Caillic Lustroushair.
So you think him good based on the behavior of others? What think you of him showing up to make a second post soon after taking a vote for not posting, yet not voting?

The two lottery style votes made me nervous as well, but that one post soon after taking a vote really is one of those things that make you go "hmmm".
Yes. Ms Mightyfeet, you are correct :bounce:

It WAS Carmen who pointed this out. I am not a fan of role hints, and never see then anyhow, while the illustrious Lady of the Imps made a good point, this also nags at me; thanks for the reminder :wine:

Maybe that Razor thing applies here, and Carmen it was who was saved, and Carmen it was whom I offended?

Simulpost with Ameerah. I shall do so :)

*11*
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

The total votes cast yesterday were 16; Carmen had six, Finnian had five, Bac had zero. For Bac to have the majority, Rumpel would have had to move over at least six votes to Bac. This is true irrespective of whose votes Rumpel stole (i.e. whether they were Carmen voters or not). In a game where the most important ability the townies have is their numbers in lynch votes, even something like +2 lynch votes is extremely powerful. The question we have to ask ourselves is: if Rumpel is able to steal as many as six (and quite possibly more) votes during the day -- and kill at night -- will this game even be worth playing? It's a rhetorical question. Rumpel kills at night, and Rumpel also kills during the day? My view is that Rumpel needs to be insanely overpowered to doctor the lynch the way we are assuming he did, and I don't believe our hostesses would allow something like that.

For now, I believe that Bac tells the truth when he says the lynch was diverted to him. I just have a hard time believing it was Rumpel's work. But if it was not Rumpel, then what saved Carmen? I think, rather than moving six votes over, it's much more likely that it was a direct divert to whoever the player wanted to lynch. Maybe the Nixie or one of the SKs has the ability to divert a lynch. Perhaps Carmen is un-lynchable? Or one of the six unknown roles has this secret power. Until told otherwise, I'm assuming the unwritten roles are not on the side of the town. Unfortunately, this doesn't help much in deciding whether Carmen is bad (diverted the lynch herself) or was set up (someone else diverted the lynch). In some scenarios above, it's the former, in others it's the latter.

I'm similarly conflicted about Finnian. On the one hand, the offhanded disregard for lynch polls and a complete lack of substance in posts is not helping the town one bit. On the other, I'm having a hard time believing a baddie would intentionally relinquish his night powers. Maybe the Nixie can get away without voting, but that seems farfetched.

Carmen was voted for by: Fane (6), Etain (9), Lyel (10), Eurolyvn (12), Miyuki (13), and Ameerah (14). My question to you guys -- have you at all changed your mind about Carmen, or are you prepared to vote for her again today?

Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Well, Finnian had 5, perhaps he was the real person to be executed, this would be plausible as well. But I agree, I think it was a straight moving of the death from one person, either Carmen or Finnian, to a third party, me, not a large bloc of single ballots. This is more logical to me. Even more so if it was a thing done by one of the 7 mystery folk.

Wanting to discuss those mystery folk IS really all that I can see that I have done to draw this. So yeah, That is my belief.

*12*
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Shand, you seem smart. You like statistics and data. Here:

Your last post had 412 words according to Word.
Here's how many times you used certain words: http://www.writewords.org.uk/word_count.asp

This Djinn (who remains amazed at the story of the alchemist and cannot wait for the next Vision!) thinks verbosity has enabled the evil to toy with the sunrise periods as they see fit.

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shand Azureye wrote:The total votes cast yesterday were 16; Carmen had six, Finnian had five, Bac had zero. For Bac to have the majority, Rumpel would have had to move over at least six votes to Bac. This is true irrespective of whose votes Rumpel stole (i.e. whether they were Carmen voters or not). In a game where the most important ability the townies have is their numbers in lynch votes, even something like +2 lynch votes is extremely powerful. The question we have to ask ourselves is: if Rumpel is able to steal as many as six (and quite possibly more) votes during the day -- and kill at night -- will this game even be worth playing? It's a rhetorical question. Rumpel kills at night, and Rumpel also kills during the day? My view is that Rumpel needs to be insanely overpowered to doctor the lynch the way we are assuming he did, and I don't believe our hostesses would allow something like that.

For now, I believe that Bac tells the truth when he says the lynch was diverted to him. I just have a hard time believing it was Rumpel's work. But if it was not Rumpel, then what saved Carmen? I think, rather than moving six votes over, it's much more likely that it was a direct divert to whoever the player wanted to lynch. Maybe the Nixie or one of the SKs has the ability to divert a lynch. Perhaps Carmen is un-lynchable? Or one of the six unknown roles has this secret power. Until told otherwise, I'm assuming the unwritten roles are not on the side of the town. Unfortunately, this doesn't help much in deciding whether Carmen is bad (diverted the lynch herself) or was set up (someone else diverted the lynch). In some scenarios above, it's the former, in others it's the latter.

I'm similarly conflicted about Finnian. On the one hand, the offhanded disregard for lynch polls and a complete lack of substance in posts is not helping the town one bit. On the other, I'm having a hard time believing a baddie would intentionally relinquish his night powers. Maybe the Nixie can get away without voting, but that seems farfetched.

Carmen was voted for by: Fane (6), Etain (9), Lyel (10), Eurolyvn (12), Miyuki (13), and Ameerah (14). My question to you guys -- have you at all changed your mind about Carmen, or are you prepared to vote for her again today?

Shand, I've wondered if Rumples team even has a nightkill; he has the potential to kill each day, the wolf can kill once, maybe the sk(s) have a kill, and maybe the secret roles also have a kill.

As far as Carmen goes, I really believe I saw a rolehint on night 2 and 3. I should go back and look at night 1, because I haven't yet. But nothing else Carmen has posted comes off as clearly townie. Not dying makes her appear guilty, so there's that. I'm still considering whether to vote her or not. It will depend alot on whether Bac sees the 2 things I saw, and how she interprets it.

As for Finnian, I could see a vote for him easily. For all the reasons everyone previously stated.

Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Here's another thought about Rumpel. I'm not sure at this point how useful this is, but hopefully it may lead us to something at some point in the game, if not today.

One way of looking at Rumpel's ability is that the mafia (team of four) has complete anonymity in the lynch polls. They can vote for each other, thereby distancing themselves from their evil teammates, say the magic word, and voila, Rumpel moves over all their votes to whoever they wish to lynch. Rumpel and his team doesn't even have to get the townies to say the magic word, they just say it themselves. In this light, it may be useful to go over all posts from day 3 and find out if an uncommon word was said by four players. It's a long shot, but worth trying, I think.

What this also means is we have to be careful looking back at voting records. Just because someone voted a mafia doesn't necessarily mean they are not mafia themselves.

Linki with Miyuki: I've meticulously read Carmen's posts on nights 2 and 3, but I don't see the role hint. I'll try to check again. But even if it's there, it still doesn't help us much in deciding about her affiliation. :(

Management
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I don't see the role hint either. Glad I'm not alone.

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Shand, you seem smart. You like statistics and data. Here:

Your last post had 412 words according to Word.
Here's how many times you used certain words: http://www.writewords.org.uk/word_count.asp

This Djinn (who remains amazed at the story of the alchemist and cannot wait for the next Vision!) thinks verbosity has enabled the evil to toy with the sunrise periods as they see fit.

412 words gosh, and I used "the" 28 times. Food for thought, certainly. :D Thank you for the site, Rhinfrew. Someone will pretty please write a script to run all our posts through the word cruncher, and tell us who the baddies are?

Management
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Okay, see if anything jumps out at anyone, if it does, do you believe it? Just coincidence? If you don't believe it, then is it just a 2 night set-up, trying to appear to be a townie role? That seems risky to me, as it invites checking.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19909#p19909
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=20142#p20142
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I missed the role hint as well, but I always have trouble seeing those.

Shand, that is an interesting theory about Rumpel's ability. However, I think the hostesses were pretty clear that it wouldn't be abused like that. I guess it's impossible to say, but Roxy was pretty firm about it the last she mentioned it. That kind of a loophole would be impossible to play against, and I just don't think they'd do that.

Carmen's "defense" on the last page or two (it all blends together) really cricked my eye towards her even more. It sounds so outlandish and like grasping at straws to me.

linki... gotta catch up again...
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

OK, having reread Carmen (and Shand makes good points about Rumpys team and how easy manipulation would really be for them) I think I saw where Miyuki thinks she saw hints. I don't think they were hints though, I think they were just remarks about RL.

Just because someone mentions a very common everyday function that is also held by one of the roles doesn't make it a hint. Carmen did say something later that gave me pause though. I might feel better looking at Finian.

*13*
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Okay, see if anything jumps out at anyone, if it does, do you believe it? Just coincidence? If you don't believe it, then is it just a 2 night set-up, trying to appear to be a townie role? That seems risky to me, as it invites checking.

Is the sun up?

Jesus! Mohammed!

Just speak plainly!
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Ha ha, I saw two totally different hints, she mentioned children, I thought Miyuki meant Mother Hulda.

I don't look for role hints, and feel they are too easy to misinterpret, obviously. :haha:

*14*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Oh my, indeed! :haha:

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Okay, see if anything jumps out at anyone, if it does, do you believe it? Just coincidence? If you don't believe it, then is it just a 2 night set-up, trying to appear to be a townie role? That seems risky to me, as it invites checking.

Oh dear, this is certainly most interesting. I'm not sure whether I believe it or not.

Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I do not, I think mentioning a Glass Slipper when it was a poll choice in a game about Fairy Tales is a not all that astonishing happenstance, tbh. It is possible, but I do not believe it is conclusive either way.

*15*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I think I agree with Bac. Glass Slipper was a poll option, and "the right fit" is part of that fairy tale. I don't think I'll put much stock in it as even a role hint for the time being. :)

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:

Is the sun up?

Jesus! Mohammed!

Just speak plainly!
I'm not very good with irony or satire, or whatever you mean. Do you think I should not have posted the links? If it was posted, its fair game, isn't it?

i forgot to count 9, so I'm up to 10
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Ok, thanks Izett and Bac. I don't want to lynch a townie, and those posts made me worry. But other than that, she has not sounded very convincing.

Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

wait, I dont think I can count that on as 11, so 10 still
Assault
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Miyuki, you could be right. I am the suck at this sort of thing. I did think she sounded sincerely plaintive for a few posts soon after the lynch ended. Again, Finian felt more sinister to me, although I will admit I was very leery of Carmen earlier in the game. Tis a quandry for sure.

But if it gives YOU pause, then you should act (or not act) on it.

*16*
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:

Is the sun up?

Jesus! Mohammed!

Just speak plainly!
I'm not very good with irony or satire, or whatever you mean. Do you think I should not have posted the links? If it was posted, its fair game, isn't it?

i forgot to count 9, so I'm up to 10
I'm saying I don't know what the hell you are talking about. :)

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:Miyuki, you could be right. I am the suck at this sort of thing. I did think she sounded sincerely plaintive for a few posts soon after the lynch ended. Again, Finian felt more sinister to me, although I will admit I was very leery of Carmen earlier in the game. Tis a quandry for sure.

But if it gives YOU pause, then you should act (or not act) on it.

*16*
I'm obviously not so good at this kind of thing. I felt like Carmen was playing the 'innocent' card too much and it really made me doubt her. But those posts are sticking in my mind, so I'm going to wait awhile and think it over.

linkitis - Rhenfrew, those two links could lead one to believe that Carmen was sending a hint and if true, would mean she was a certain townie.

Assault
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

And not Mother Hulda either :drums:

*17*
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Ah!

I cannot turn back time, but I can view it! Thank you for the clarification.

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:I do not, I think mentioning a Glass Slipper when it was a poll choice in a game about Fairy Tales is a not all that astonishing happenstance, tbh. It is possible, but I do not believe it is conclusive either way.

*15*
Gosh I'm really lost here. I also have kids and slippers. Not sure what the hint is? Should I?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

^9
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Ah!

I cannot turn back time, but I can view it! Thank you for the clarification.

You are most welcome. Any input I read on this will be most helpful to me. :daisy:

Assault
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Finnian will likely get my vote.

He was here all day.

Morning: viewtopic.php?p=20269#p20269

Afternoon: viewtopic.php?p=20294#p20294

Evening: viewtopic.php?p=20317#p20317

and STILL was useless.

Biology stuff? Biology is easy. Things live. Will you?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Miyuki, thanks for pointing out those posts. I don't know what to say about the possible role hints; they're certainly subtle enough to be seen as unintentional if one wants.

What are people's thoughts on other possible nogoodniks? My spreadsheet still has too many holes because of inactives; I'm not sure whether nogoodniks are more likely among low posters, no-shows, or actives.

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Finnian will likely get my vote.

He was here all day.

and STILL was useless.

Just because I make flyby posts when I can doesn't I'm around literally all day. :p I'll try and read a little bit on who's being suspected and come up with something since stuff's lightening up a bit.

And for the record I'm dreadful at biology, so quiet you. :(
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

And hey, I was at least trying in the evening post, eh... :p I just have no reading comprehension, LOL.

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Wherefore art thou Anchorete?
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:I have been crazy busy this week and I should be working right now, but I am choosing Mafia :). I think the best case we have is against Finnian. All of the suspicions you have about me are just suspicions. Why did I survive the lynch? Who knows. As some of you have mentioned, there are several possibilities. There is no real evidence showing that I am bad. Now, what we have on Finnian, that is evidence. He failed to vote (meaning he would lose his night ability) then we have no night kills. I definitely believe he should be on the chopping block today.

linki with Mainchin - What if Rumple saved me from the lynch to throw everyone off, confuse you all, make you think I am mafia so you will lynch me and not one of his own.

linki with Etain - Yes. If you were Rumple and had enough votes to manipulate any way you'd like, why not do so. Who cares who you are saving one civvie and getting rid of another. You would do it just to mess with people's heads. I think I would.
Point out to me which role says it has the power to kill each night. You won't find it, I know because I looked. It has become increasingly more popular among hosts creating games to make the night kill a team power rather than a role power, and I would be willing to bet that is the case here too. The case that Finnian is bad because he did not vote and then we did not have night kills. Therefore he is a Baddie does not hold water. I do not know if he is bad or not, I still need to read his posts myself, which I will do in a bit here, but this evidence ou point to is fundamentally flawed and the fact that it has been pointed out before that this is the case and yet you are still beating that drum does not make me feel better about you.

I will, however, concede that the last two points are possible. But given all the other reasons you were already suspected,it is harder for me to dismiss this as you as being framed.

Shand Azureye wrote:Carmen was voted for by: Fane (6), Etain (9), Lyel (10), Eurolyvn (12), Miyuki (13), and Ameerah (14). My question to you guys -- have you at all changed your mind about Carmen, or are you prepared to vote for her again today?

At this point I would say I am prepared to vote for her again. But I will say this, the other people who were serious contenders for the last lynch should be considered this time around too, because if it does happen to be a frame up job, then most likely one of those others Is on team rumple. Those people would stand to benefit the most from framing Carmen.

@ The Djinn, I think it was probably not the wisest move to provide such a word tool in the thread. But I agree with your sentiment. I suspect it is easier for Team Rumple to steal our choices in the poll than we think, all it takes is some clever thinking on the part of Rumple as far as his word choice. I remain convinced this is likely why Carmen did not die.
Shand Azureye wrote:Here's another thought about Rumpel. I'm not sure at this point how useful this is, but hopefully it may lead us to something at some point in the game, if not today.

One way of looking at Rumpel's ability is that the mafia (team of four) has complete anonymity in the lynch polls. They can vote for each other, thereby distancing themselves from their evil teammates, say the magic word, and voila, Rumpel moves over all their votes to whoever they wish to lynch. Rumpel and his team doesn't even have to get the townies to say the magic word, they just say it themselves. In this light, it may be useful to go over all posts from day 3 and find out if an uncommon word was said by four players. It's a long shot, but worth trying, I think.

What this also means is we have to be careful looking back at voting records. Just because someone voted a mafia doesn't necessarily mean they are not mafia themselves.

Linki with Miyuki: I've meticulously read Carmen's posts on nights 2 and 3, but I don't see the role hint. I'll try to check again. But even if it's there, it still doesn't help us much in deciding about her affiliation. :(

Oh good god, I had not considered this possibility regarding Rumple's ability. We cannot count on the vote record telling us anything if this is the case... This makes it very hard for us.

I can see what you mean about the first one, but I don't get what you are seeing in the second one.

Regarding Finnian, something he said made me realize who that player is, and if I am correct I will say Finnian probably really is as busy as he claims. Of course, that does not mean he is a goody two shoes, either. Just sayin'

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

On that Rumpel thing, it might be hard because I don't think they'd choose too unique a word, but since it's possible I'll try to find something. :p
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Finnian will likely get my vote.

He was here all day.

and STILL was useless.

This post is win. :D 3
Reporting
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

No, it was a terrible post. Quiet you. :mad:

Also, I find it weird no one has questioned Anchorete's absence but me. :p I guess s/he said s/he would be sporadic, but 0 posts since Day 2... Just a thought, eh?

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Eurolyvn- the second one matches up with the role description. I feel weird talking about townie roles, but even weirder thinking about voting someone who I think could be one. I think I'm going to look elsewhere today.

Assault
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Carmen said a few things which gave me pause, other than the potential role hints, which could be interpreted either way. So I am thinking of a vote for Finian. BUT I also have an inkling about who he might have been in another life...SO...not totally sure. Ameerah still makes my wings tingle (and tingly wings mean DANGER, as if y'all didn't already know that) but I have time.

*18*
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:No, it was a terrible post. Quiet you. :mad:

Also, I find it weird no one has questioned Anchorete's absence but me. :p I guess s/he said s/he would be sporadic, but 0 posts since Day 2... Just a thought, eh?

Who do you think should be deaded, Finnian?

Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:No, it was a terrible post. Quiet you. :mad:

Definitely a fair point to bring up Anchorete. Lyel, Dallon, and Grutfud also fit that bill, more or less. It's partly just because you haven't made a sunny period poll yet and partly just bad luck that everyone's looking at you, I imagine. However, it's also true that most of them (and I forget whether tat includes Anchorete) at least said "I'll be busy" or given some sort of explanation in advance.

Bac, I'm inclined to trust your instincts at this point, at least to some extent. What makes you think Ameerah besides your Japaneseification after mentioning her, and who else would you consider over Finnian for today?

Return to “Previous Jobs”