Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.
As MP may or may not tell you, he actually defended me.

To avoid misinterpretation or whatever: I believe this is mild buddying.
I don't buy that MP totally thinks you're civ for a second.
Explain this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:13 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:24 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hmm...kind of both actually. When I read her poats, I hear her excited voice. She seems overly happy. Is this just RL infiltrating her mafia meta? Is it that she is bad and wxcited about her role and being on a btsc team? I am unsure as of yet.
Thanks for the elaboration! That's an interesting observation. I'll agree that she is a bit more posty than a typical game although not completely out of character (see: Clue where she and I chatted a lot on D1, if I recall correctly), but I haven't found anything questionable in her content. She could be bad I suppose and hiding behind a lurker vote to avoid having to fake suspicions, and so I questioned her a bit earlier, but I don't have any reason to believe to be true at the moment.

Do you have any thoughts on any of the RYM-based players (Diiny, dunya, Jay, Sloonei) or anyone else for that matter? I assume you would have stated something outstanding otherwise when you said stuff about me/LC/Simon, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. :D
I don't have anything to say about the RYM players as it will take me a bit to get to know them first, I think.

You're right that voting blooper really does no good anyway. It would just make it easier for mafia to blend.

I don't have anything to say about the current wagons. I don't understand them, tbh.

I guess I need to vote before going to watch tv with Epi and going to bed. My eyea burn, I'm so tired. Um......has bass even poated anything all game?
Yuck yuck.

Eloh follows this up by voting Bass for the stated purpose of saving Sloonei.
Do you find it unbelievable that a town Elo would come into the thread, read it hastily, and not understand any of the arguments made by/about Sloonei, you, etc.?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 am Dii is prob town, I think. Despite this next comment.

The push on LC to clarify why he didn't use OT green text to comment on sloonei is pretty much the silliest (to use a nice word) exchange I've ever seen. It made LC look better for no reason. I'm not going to read into the thing on LC much. LC's defense was good, but any townie or scummie can defend against a stupid argument. Hmph.

Tinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.

My Sloonei vote was random but I'd hoped the pressure would get him to do something. It didn't. :ponder:

I want some non-role-related reads from Simon.

That's pretty much all I got from reading D1: A Rambly Discourse from MP.
Why is Diiny probably town in your eyes?

How does this make you feel about Sloonei, GTH?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey y'all,

Regrettably I have decided it is necessary for me to request replacement in this game. I expected to have some trouble with graduate school starting right now, but I can already tell that it's going to be worse than "some trouble". I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the thread consistently, and you'll be better off with someone who can. I need to focus on my work for the foreseeable future, and this is a distraction I can't have. That's no slight on the game or its players though. It'll be tougher yet when my heist begins.

This is the first time I have ever asked out of a game. I hate to do it. I appreciate the effort I have seen thus far though; maintain it through the finish. My parting advice is this: ensure you use every single nugget of evidence in this thread to your advantage, even if you think it seems small. Analyze dead baddies for their interactions. Cross reference claims and assertions against thread data within the ISOs. Analyze. Intuit. Play hard. Work together. I know these things sound obvious, but I can't count the number of times I have watched towns waste solving opportunities right in front of them. Replacement: do me proud, sir/ma'am -- I'm doing this with the expectation that you'll be better able to contribute than I.

Have fun everyone. Hopefully I can play again relatively soon. :)
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 am Okay, bearing in mind that I don't know that much about the meta here save JoH, so I get to be like the ghost of Gary Gygax and say "Jesus Hates Metagamers" :beer:

* Not sure about Sloonei right now, but the fact that Elohcin broke the tie in favor of Bass just to make sure Sloonei wasn't lynched doesn't sit well with me. Especially since Bass was town. Not saying that Elochin is scum from that alone, but it definitely moves them up the suspect ladder to me.

* I really don't like the LC/MP discussion as that just seemed to chew up the entire day phase and felt like it was going around in circles. My experience is that, especially with veteran players, that signals opposing factions more often than not. So I think one of them is probably scum. Which one I'm not sure on just yet, though MP looks a bit worse to me just because it feels like they try to dominate the day conversation so it goes the way they want it to go (and not towards their allies).

* And my sole meta-read! JoH strikes me as pretty solid on the town so far. He's not really defending people that I can read on a quick scan, nor is he being overly accusatory to deflect off of him. Let me read more when I have had caffeine and I might say more than that.

Also not used to talking during night phases. This is weird, but kinda cool.
Are you proposing that Elohcin is scum because you believe Sloonei is scum and she saved him? If so, how can you fall into this line of thinking if you're "not sure" about Sloonei; doesn't Elohcin being scum in that scenario directly depend on a scenario in which Sloonei is scum?

I dominate the conversation to facilitate conversation. The only way this game can be solved is by getting everyone to talk about everyone else as much as possible. If you think I'm suspicious for trying my best to do that, so be it; I'm just playing the game as best as I can, even if it may seem verbose or sloppy to some.

What specifically about the discussion felt like it was going around in circles?

Do you have any other reads?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm Hey y'all,

Regrettably I have decided it is necessary for me to request replacement in this game. I expected to have some trouble with graduate school starting right now, but I can already tell that it's going to be worse than "some trouble". I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the thread consistently, and you'll be better off with someone who can. I need to focus on my work for the foreseeable future, and this is a distraction I can't have. That's no slight on the game or its players though. It'll be tougher yet when my heist begins.

This is the first time I have ever asked out of a game. I hate to do it. I appreciate the effort I have seen thus far though; maintain it through the finish. My parting advice is this: ensure you use every single nugget of evidence in this thread to your advantage, even if you think it seems small. Analyze dead baddies for their interactions. Cross reference claims and assertions against thread data within the ISOs. Analyze. Intuit. Play hard. Work together. I know these things sound obvious, but I can't count the number of times I have watched towns waste solving opportunities right in front of them. Replacement: do me proud, sir/ma'am -- I'm doing this with the expectation that you'll be better able to contribute than I.

That's unfortunate, as I was looking forward to playing with you again, but completely understandable. Good luck with starting your PhD journey. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:48 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am @Speedchuck

What do you think of Eloh?
ISO'd her just now.

I give it 65% odds she's bad.
Care to elaborate?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by dunya »

are DrWilgy and DFaraday MIA?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:52 am

ISO'd her just now.

Assume Eloh is bad (cause this is otherwise a worthless exercise).

What do you make of her vote and interactions when it comes to Sloonei, Simon, MP and Blooper?
What are you hoping to gain from this exercise?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm Hey y'all,

:puppy: :pout: :fist: :bighug: :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 pm

ISO'd her just now.

Why?
Sloonei, I need you to step it up here. Please share literally whatever thoughts you have about any of the players in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am
DFaraday wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 am Sorry! I'm here now and catching up.
Good luck. MP's been on a rampage.

If you could weigh in on Sloonei, MP, Eloh, LC, Diiny, and Simon, that seems to be the focus of discussion. And me. :)

Or heck, make a rainbow. The game isn't huge.
The MP/LC thing really didn't go anywhere. I don't feel like it helped anything, but I don't suspect MP for latching onto something minor, especially on Day 1.

Simon sounds like perfectly ordinary Simon to me. Eloh has been contributing and reads genuine to me.

Sloonei's posts feel good to me, and him voting Bass is sensible given his situation.

Diiny and Dunya keep getting mixed up in my mind, but I'm reading both civ. Diiny in particular comes off as supatown.

The only person I've felt any suspicion towards is Ninja. She's made a fair few posts, but not much in the way of memorable content. She's coming across as noncommittal to me.

EBWOP: I'm not one to go for meta, but Eloh's contributions this game feel in keeping with her usual civ style, I think.
I'm slightly townreading DF for this. He came into the game and provided these thoughts as quickly as he could. They're succinct but they seem legitimately supported at face value. I like it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:01 pm From what I recall, LC is a player who likes to be bold when he's scum. I remember a specific example from a fairly recent game, but which game it was and what exactly he did, I do not recall. It's there though. That said, I have a hard time agreeing with MP's assertion that a scum LC would "try everything possible" to avoid the spotlight. Generally a good rule to hunt by, but I don't think it applies to the player he was applying it to here:
Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pmI think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
That's ridiculous. I didn't do anything risky by agreeing that it's weird to call Dhalsim an alien.

You are bad in this game, MP. I can smell it on you. You're trying too hard on this.

*vote MovingPictures07*
That said, I found this to be a bit of an aggressive reaction from LC. While things like this also seem typical of early-game Long Con, I can't not question him a little. While I did not find him suspicious for labeling my Dhalsim alien comments "weird", I don't think it's "ridiculous" for MP to have engaged in a discussion about it in the early parts of Day 1, and I think there absolutely exists an argument for him potentially "fanning the flames" of a possible suspicion against me. It's not the argument that I would support, but I would not deny its credibility. His post history after this is almost entirely MP & Diiny-related. He gets no pings from Diiny, but does not flinch on his "MP is definitely bad" position because of what he perceives to be a dishonest handling of the situation by our Sock Commander. I do not perceive this dishonesty. I'd ask LC if he can see any town motivations for MP to have pursued this line of discussion.

I'd also ask him for fresh reads on new players. Hey LC, got any thoughts on players not named MovingPictures or Diiny?
That's a fair perspective.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
They can, but that doesn't mean they will. We also know have at least one player (Jay) who needs a replacement. Games around here are hard enough to fill; as a host and as a player, I've seen plenty of games unfortunately where non-entities lurked into far phases of the game, where they increasingly became distracting topics of discussion and more and more of a problem.

I agree it wasn't the most ideal direction for the D1 lynch, but I personally didn't feel comfortable doing anything else. If I had spearheaded a case, it would have been a different story. At the very least, although it sucks we are down a townie, we removed this potential late-game problem from the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 pm Well, I'm getting town reads from JJJ so far
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm Oh sorry: WHY?
Jay asked three questions with bold, underlined, and italicized WHYs. My initial reaction is it's a character stipulation of some sort.
These sort of stipulations (if I am right) tend to be town-based.
I'm not sure it's a stipulation; that seems way too... obvious, I guess is the right word? I don't know why Epignosis would instill such a mechanic. I think the more likely explanation is that Jay was being quirky or just wanted to emphasize his questions so that they received answers.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Post by Elohcin »

JackofHearts, are you civilian this game?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:39 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
I think this combined with his consumption of most of the day going round and round with LC makes him suspicious. To me at least.

Again, maybe the long-time players can correct me here, but it just seems fishy is all. I could easily be off base.
How is pursuing something that I thought was worthy of discussion suspicious? Would you have preferred I twiddled my thumbs and let the thread continue to be silent?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm
I think this combined with his consumption of most of the day going round and round with LC makes him suspicious. To me at least.

Again, maybe the long-time players can correct me here, but it just seems fishy is all. I could easily be off base.
I didn't go round and round with LC? I voted for him and explained why the most out of everyone else I voted for him.

Everyone else went round and round, that isn't on me.

and what is wrong with asking inactive players to be possibly replaced rather than lynched by default because they are inactive?
Asking whom? The host? Epignosis doesn't forcibly replace players from what I've seen.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck, let me catch up on this thread, do a bit of investigating into content from yesterday, and then I'll check out what you're saying re: Elo. I appreciate that you're doing some meta investigative work on that front. Elo is someone who historically is difficult to read, for me at least, so sorting her especially sooner rather than later would be ideal.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.

Just to be clear: You believe what is mild buddying, what JOH is doing or what I am doing or something else?
Sorry, my friend, but I meant you. You like direct references, I've noticed, so I'll pull some instances up.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm That said, I hesitate to scumread LC. I see your point, dunya, but I'm just not sure it means we're seeing scum!LC here.
Sometimes, when I'm trying to discern someone's motivations, I like to play a little game. I imagine the worst thing they could do, and then see if their actions support that conclusion. In this post, baddie MP applies nice mild buddying, while supporting the point that dunya made and was suspicious of. Further discussion of the topic also matches the profile of a baddie MP who, on one hand he kept the idea of my lynch in people's minds by discussing it a lot, and on the other hand he thought I was town and would say "RIP LC. I thought you were town."
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:15 pm To reiterate/clarify a point I made earlier: I don't think Jack was being serious about his desire to vote for me. His temptation to vote for me boiled down to a "That's racist, man!" joke. I read nothing into it. That it was then picked up, apparently, by speedchuck and Long Con is something worth pursuing in the absence of anything more substantial.

Linki x100: Stop posting so I can post!
I think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
Again: Agree, but also they're not maybe not scum. But it was brazen and risky.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm MP POE Rainbow List #1 - Day 1
dunya
Jackofhearts2005
Simon
Sloonei

Bass_the_Clever
DFaraday
Diiny
Dom
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay
malakim2099
nijuukyugou
speedchuck

I won't vote for any of the four green players today.

I could theoretically vote for any of the grey, but I'm feeling hesitant about voting LC or speedchuck. I can't call them town reads but I'm not jumping to eliminate them either.
Again, that dual opinion. A lynch candidate, and a "but I'm hesitant". Do you see the theme here, MP? Do you think I would find more if I keep looking?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll be in and out all evening. Don't always expect instant response. Got lots to do.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]dunya[/mention]

I think I got it fixed. There seemed to be a Registered Users permission that was screwy so I changed that and hopefully it doesn't mess something else up, lol. Let me know if it works for you now. Sorry for the inconvenience guys!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:07 pm
malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey, Mal.

Who is bad?
Not me? :haha:

Seriously, leaning towards MP and Eloh at this point. And maybe you, because you're posting. :p
Why MP? Why Eloh?
MP's devouring the entire day going after LC, then breaking off and voting for an inactive instead just... I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that's just a town style for him, but to me it just feels off. Especially since that can really just drown out other possible suspects. I mean, it is Day 1, so I don't necessarily believe it for certain, but if you asked me which direction I was leaning, that would be one.

As far as Eloh is concerned... I find the logic of "vote out the non-participating" in Day 1 to be a bit suspect. Now, admittedly, I'm not used to a 'plurality vote' style of game, but where I'm from it's a great way to winnow out the town before they can be replaced with active players. And then you have the shield of "well, I didn't know they were town because they didn't say anything!"

That's why I find them both suspicious at the moment. JoH I find suspicious because I always find JoH suspicious. It's just how we do things.
These are vague reasons to think I'm bad. Rubs you the wrong way why? Feels off how? How is it bad? Do you not buy the reasons I didn't want to vote for any of the other leading wagons? You need to provide more details, otherwise it looks like you're just hopping onto a convenient suspicion of the player with the most posts and the most heat on him right now with vague, made-up reasons.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:19 pm Speedchuck cast an interesting vote that no one is talking about. He voted for Long con to "facilitate an alternate bandwagon" to Bass, despite not having any personal reason to vote for LC. I am leaning toward liking this move. It's a bit bold and suggests that he is not overly concerned with his appearance and any potential scrutiny he might face and, while i don't ever encourage blind bandwagoning, I like that he took a stand which allowed the lynch to remain somewhat more open than if I had just hammered home another vote on the Bass wagon, in absence of a real suspicion to call his own.

Simon and dunya also voted for LC. Dunya's vote was early and she supported herself well. I don't recall seeing Simon explain his vote. Anyone have thoughts on any of these things?
I appreciate you exploring this and I agree with your perspective. I also like speedchuck's recent posts exploring Elo as bad and in general it seems to me he cares about trying to solve the game. I have a town read for speedchuck.

I also believe dunya and Simon are on the level, but I need to explore dunya's content a bit more and I need Simon to post more things.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:16 pm are DrWilgy and DFaraday MIA?
Wilgy is, but he's in Houston madness. DF was gone until earlier in N1, but he appears to be here now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:24 pm JackofHearts, are you civilian this game?
What are you hoping to gain from this line of questioning?

Why JOH specifically?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, I really appreciate that you took the time to pull specific examples. I do know it probably comes across as intensely annoying for me to ask folks to substantiate in detail a lot of assertions they're making, but I can assure you and everyone else that I'm not doing so to be an ass or to waste anyone's time, but because I'm trying to understand where you're coming from so that I can make an assessment as to whether I think you're making this shit up or being sincere, and I'm trying to have you display it clearly so that others can make that determination as well.

In response to your post here:
Long Con wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Just to be clear: You believe what is mild buddying, what JOH is doing or what I am doing or something else?
Sorry, my friend, but I meant you. You like direct references, I've noticed, so I'll pull some instances up.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm That said, I hesitate to scumread LC. I see your point, dunya, but I'm just not sure it means we're seeing scum!LC here.
Sometimes, when I'm trying to discern someone's motivations, I like to play a little game. I imagine the worst thing they could do, and then see if their actions support that conclusion. In this post, baddie MP applies nice mild buddying, while supporting the point that dunya made and was suspicious of. Further discussion of the topic also matches the profile of a baddie MP who, on one hand he kept the idea of my lynch in people's minds by discussing it a lot, and on the other hand he thought I was town and would say "RIP LC. I thought you were town."
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:15 pm To reiterate/clarify a point I made earlier: I don't think Jack was being serious about his desire to vote for me. His temptation to vote for me boiled down to a "That's racist, man!" joke. I read nothing into it. That it was then picked up, apparently, by speedchuck and Long Con is something worth pursuing in the absence of anything more substantial.

Linki x100: Stop posting so I can post!
I think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
Again: Agree, but also they're not maybe not scum. But it was brazen and risky.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm MP POE Rainbow List #1 - Day 1
dunya
Jackofhearts2005
Simon
Sloonei

Bass_the_Clever
DFaraday
Diiny
Dom
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay
malakim2099
nijuukyugou
speedchuck

I won't vote for any of the four green players today.

I could theoretically vote for any of the grey, but I'm feeling hesitant about voting LC or speedchuck. I can't call them town reads but I'm not jumping to eliminate them either.
Again, that dual opinion. A lynch candidate, and a "but I'm hesitant". Do you see the theme here, MP? Do you think I would find more if I keep looking?
I'm afraid I'm still not following you exactly, though I might be getting it now. Are you saying you find it suspicious that I'm equivocating my thoughts on you, or being wishy-washy, or that you specifically find the positive statements (aka buddying) suspicious? Can you explain why a bit more?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm hoping to gain an answer.

You can answer too if you want. MP, are you civilian this game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 pm I'm hoping to gain an answer.

You can answer too if you want. MP, are you civilian this game?
I'm just trying to understand why you're doing this instead of other methods of hunting. Are you expecting anyone to say anything other than yes, and if so, why?

Yes, I am not only town but supatown. :slick:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:56 pm JackofHearts, are you civ this game?
Eloh, I'm always a civ.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Felt like a backtrack for sure.

Him heavily townreading me after I made one joke post also reads as buddying. It has been stated that I tend to read based on myself more than I really should. I've been wary of buddying attempts of late, especially from Mass Effect players.
Please display where I heavily townread you, because I don't believe I ever said such a thing. I did you throw you into my townreads based on gut really, but that's about it. If you think that's buddying, OK, that accusation is hurled at me nearly every game. I like to focus on town reads, so it's a byproduct of that.
Do you have a greener green on your rainbows you reserve for heavy town reads?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Supatown, eh? Please enlighten me.

I don't like to do a whole lot of publicized baddie hunting at night. Call it paranoia.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:56 pm JackofHearts, are you civ this game?
Eloh, I'm always a civ.
That is not what I asked.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JoH are you civ THIS game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Felt like a backtrack for sure.

Him heavily townreading me after I made one joke post also reads as buddying. It has been stated that I tend to read based on myself more than I really should. I've been wary of buddying attempts of late, especially from Mass Effect players.
Please display where I heavily townread you, because I don't believe I ever said such a thing. I did you throw you into my townreads based on gut really, but that's about it. If you think that's buddying, OK, that accusation is hurled at me nearly every game. I like to focus on town reads, so it's a byproduct of that.
Do you have a greener green on your rainbows you reserve for heavy town reads?
I'm sorry, apparently my previously stated reads were unclear. To start the game, I prefer to just establish townreads as quickly as possible, and almost always they're what I would call "slight" town reads unless I specify otherwise -- so my first two rainbow lists essentially comprised "slight town" reads and "neutral" reads only.

I'm working on an updated rainbow as we speak where I force myself to eliminate any neutral reads. No more Mr. Waffly MP. With Jay gone now especially and down one townie already, we need to start kicking into gear here, and I feel I'm finally finding my footing with at least one result and more conversation as well.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:52 am

ISO'd her just now.

Assume Eloh is bad (cause this is otherwise a worthless exercise).

What do you make of her vote and interactions when it comes to Sloonei, Simon, MP and Blooper?
What are you hoping to gain from this exercise?
Can't think of anything? :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:49 pm Supatown, eh? Please enlighten me.

I don't like to do a whole lot of publicized baddie hunting at night. Call it paranoia.
What sort of enlightenment do you expect?

Why not? This game has 24 hour Days which should increase your and everyone else's urgency. We need all hands on deck at all times. If the baddies use what I or you or anyone else says in the Night to influence decisions that they make, then good. That means the town is dictating the course of what the mafia choose.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Everyone has their own way of playing. Rico barely talks these days, some people post once a day, some people are zany, others super serious. This is me.

JoH... I already answered MP. I said I hope to gain an answer. Which hasn't happened yet. And if I don't get one, I will conclude you are bad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm JoH are you civ THIS game?
I'm not sure I'm allowed to answer this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

On second thought, I am in fact town this game.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I am baddie hunting btw, MP. I will share all my findings during the day.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 pm On second thought, I am in fact town this game.
Thanks, man
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pmI'm afraid I'm still not following you exactly, though I might be getting it now. Are you saying you find it suspicious that I'm equivocating my thoughts on you, or being wishy-washy, or that you specifically find the positive statements (aka buddying) suspicious? Can you explain why a bit more?
I can explain why in isolation, though I think it was made clear already.

Keeping me (a Civ) as a lynch candidate while doubting my badness is a fine place for a baddie to be for the first lynch.

I don't even think there was enough content to judge me Civ, but you repeatedly expressed doubt I was bad. A baddie would know that for certain, of course.

I find buddying suspicious because I am an experienced Mafia player, and those experiences have taught me this.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm JoH are you civ THIS game?
I'm not sure I'm allowed to answer this.
I can't recall ever seeing a game where you weren't allowed to say "I'm Civ/town" or "I'm not a baddie/Mafia/wolf".
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 pm I am baddie hunting btw, MP. I will share all my findings during the day.
:beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pmI'm afraid I'm still not following you exactly, though I might be getting it now. Are you saying you find it suspicious that I'm equivocating my thoughts on you, or being wishy-washy, or that you specifically find the positive statements (aka buddying) suspicious? Can you explain why a bit more?
I can explain why in isolation, though I think it was made clear already.

Keeping me (a Civ) as a lynch candidate while doubting my badness is a fine place for a baddie to be for the first lynch.

I don't even think there was enough content to judge me Civ, but you repeatedly expressed doubt I was bad. A baddie would know that for certain, of course.

I find buddying suspicious because I am an experienced Mafia player, and those experiences have taught me this.
I'm sorry, I promise I'm not playing dumb; I'm not as perceptive or immediately understanding of others' thought processes as I think people believe I am. So I appreciate your patience and repeated attempts to explain how your suspicion is arising; I only ask in an attempt to understand and hopefully respond in a sufficient fashion to address your concerns.

Regarding what you've said that I bolded/underlined: I got that. I would agree with that assertion, at least as a general statement.

I wouldn't say there was a ton of content to judge you based on, no, but judgments had to be made nonetheless, and although I thought dunya made an intriguingly plausible explanation for your behavior (as a member of the mafia), I immediately had trouble reconciling it with my own gut, and proceeded to explain my reservations. That's the town explanation for my behavior, because that's precisely what I did. I know why you're seeing it as nefarious, but I assure you my decisions to treat you as I have thus far have not been strategic; they've been me honestly trying to sort you. Hopefully you can examine my behavior and determine that, but if this doesn't address your concerns, I'm unfortunately sorry to say I'm not sure what will.

Sure, players on mafia teams do buddy, especially in games with one mafia team only -- although I do think the phenomenon is as widespread as you believe it to be, but hey, I just chalk that up to differing perspectives on the game and a different set of experiences. I genuinely believe what I'm saying; for you to doubt that is only natural, but I just hope you consider the scenario in which I'm being honest instead of judging everything I do within a baddie-tinged lens.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:09 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hmm...kind of both actually. When I read her poats, I hear her excited voice. She seems overly happy. Is this just RL infiltrating her mafia meta? Is it that she is bad and wxcited about her role and being on a btsc team? I am unsure as of yet.
Thanks for the elaboration! That's an interesting observation. I'll agree that she is a bit more posty than a typical game although not completely out of character (see: Clue where she and I chatted a lot on D1, if I recall correctly), but I haven't found anything questionable in her content. She could be bad I suppose and hiding behind a lurker vote to avoid having to fake suspicions, and so I questioned her a bit earlier, but I don't have any reason to believe to be true at the moment.

Do you have any thoughts on any of the RYM-based players (Diiny, dunya, Jay, Sloonei) or anyone else for that matter? I assume you would have stated something outstanding otherwise when you said stuff about me/LC/Simon, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. :D
I don't have anything to say about the RYM players as it will take me a bit to get to know them first, I think.

You're right that voting blooper really does no good anyway. It would just make it easier for mafia to blend.

I don't have anything to say about the current wagons. I don't understand them, tbh.

I guess I need to vote before going to watch tv with Epi and going to bed. My eyea burn, I'm so tired. Um......has bass even poated anything all game?
Yuck yuck.

Do you find it unbelievable that a town Elo would come into the thread, read it hastily, and not understand any of the arguments made by/about Sloonei, you, etc.?
I tend to expect all town players who do not understand to ask clarifying questions.

Stating you don't understand the case on a player (especially if you come to find out it's a case against a baddie), shrugging and voting elsewhere is not a typical townie reaction imo.

But to answer the question, "no."
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:18 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Yuck yuck.

I tend to expect all town players who do not understand to ask clarifying questions.

Stating you don't understand the case on a player (especially if you come to find out it's a case against a baddie), shrugging and voting elsewhere is not a typical townie reaction imo.

But to answer the question, "no."
I agree with you, but Elohcin is not a typical townie.

I've led so many mislynches on her it's not even funny anymore, so that's the reason I'm perhaps more critically throwing these questions about her out there.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm trying to follow along loosely at work, but every time I refresh the page MP has postsd another essay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 pm I'm trying to follow along loosely at work, but every time I refresh the page MP has postsd another essay.
My activity will die steadily due to work and impending company visiting from Thursday-Monday for the holiday weekend, I swear.

So I'm trying to do what I can when I can. Plus, I just missed you all so much apparently. :D :p

Return to “Previous Side Missions”