Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Quin »

I am currently debating a vote for either Eloh or Kyle. Somebody talk to me about these people.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm @malakim2099 would you please do me a solid and describe your past mafia experience, to whatever extent you're comfortable with?
I suggest you take a look at the street fighter game: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... alakim2099
He was scum here.
Your link is broken. You accidentally mentioned yourself while typing it.

Also the forum is trying to force me to mention you too. It has had this kind of bug for weeks now. [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 pm I am currently debating a vote for either Eloh or Kyle. Somebody talk to me about these people.
If Jack is good then i'm contractually obligated to think Kyle is bad.

Or announce a post I made on Day 1 was full of shit, but that would be no fun.

Now seriously, I've been having this lingering suspicion of Kyle for a while, but it's never strong enough.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 pm where my head is at right now:

good
dunya
Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
Long Con
nutella
sig
Sloonei
JaggedJimmyJay

leaning good
insertnamehere
colonialbob (I still need to iso Bob, but he's been spontaneous and townie-minded the last few days)
Kylemii

leaning bad
Jackofhearts2005 ( I need to reevaluate Jack after his passion-filled eod 3 defence, but I think I'm leaning good on him at this point)
malakim2099 (sorry don't hate me, I need more content from you, try to post as you read, even if it's things from day 1...that's what I did, it's very enlightening and can help us form a better read of you, and you a better read on us)
Quin / speedchuck (1 of them, not both...leaning more scummy on speedchuck this last night phase, I'm getting a bit of dejavu from our last game together in tone, but I haven't isod either quin or speed yet so I'll get to that)

bad
Elohcin
DrWilgy
Why only one of me and speedchuck? Why are you town reading sig?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

for that matter why do you even have a read on INH
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Okay...this is weird. I'm not caught up. Trying though. But I told Juliets that I would try to get into discord today since I haven't been in there is probably a couple weeks. I went in there just now and dunya has posted a pic in there of her laptop and it has a quote of mine and her talking about me feeling guilty or whatever. She also says I'm lurking. She refers to my post when I ask for a catch up and say something like, I'm not trying to cheat. I feel the need to address this. First of all...what is that doing in discord. Second, I'm not lurking. I have been super busy as I have said. I have kept the page open so I can read here and there throughout the day as Im waiting on cupcakes to bake or nuts to roast or laundry to heck...food to finish heating in the microwave. I haven't really had the cahnce to actually post though b/c I'm STILL catching up even now. And I was not feeling guilty. I just was hoping for a catch up on the EoD and night since I wasn't here really. I called it cheating because I was asking someone else to tell me what happened rather than reading it myself. Anyway... still catching up.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 pm I am currently debating a vote for either Eloh or Kyle. Somebody talk to me about these people.

Now seriously, I've been having this lingering suspicion of Kyle for a while, but it's never strong enough.
Where did this lingering suspicion come from?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Talk to me.

Something about Eloh had held me ealier. She had stated that my exclamation about not being able to read Daisy felt super scummy, but immediately backed off. I couldn't tell if what I was saying was an actual scum tell of hers that I triggered or if she was looking for things to call scummy and pulled the trigger too soon. Did you read this? I kimda forgot until now.

Kyle... Kyle. I haven't interacted with Kyle directly I dont think. What has you mumbling is name late at night?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] here's the link: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =28&t=1398

mal was scum here.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lol speak of the devil. There's the Crazy Cake lady right now.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm Okay...this is weird. I'm not caught up. Trying though. But I told Juliets that I would try to get into discord today since I haven't been in there is probably a couple weeks. I went in there just now and dunya has posted a pic in there of her laptop and it has a quote of mine and her talking about me feeling guilty or whatever. She also says I'm lurking. She refers to my post when I ask for a catch up and say something like, I'm not trying to cheat. I feel the need to address this. First of all...what is that doing in discord. Second, I'm not lurking. I have been super busy as I have said. I have kept the page open so I can read here and there throughout the day as Im waiting on cupcakes to bake or nuts to roast or laundry to heck...food to finish heating in the microwave. I haven't really had the cahnce to actually post though b/c I'm STILL catching up even now. And I was not feeling guilty. I just was hoping for a catch up on the EoD and night since I wasn't here really. I called it cheating because I was asking someone else to tell me what happened rather than reading it myself. Anyway... still catching up.
I'll forgive you as long as I get a cupcake.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm Okay...this is weird. I'm not caught up. Trying though. But I told Juliets that I would try to get into discord today since I haven't been in there is probably a couple weeks. I went in there just now and dunya has posted a pic in there of her laptop and it has a quote of mine and her talking about me feeling guilty or whatever. She also says I'm lurking. She refers to my post when I ask for a catch up and say something like, I'm not trying to cheat. I feel the need to address this. First of all...what is that doing in discord. Second, I'm not lurking. I have been super busy as I have said. I have kept the page open so I can read here and there throughout the day as Im waiting on cupcakes to bake or nuts to roast or laundry to heck...food to finish heating in the microwave. I haven't really had the cahnce to actually post though b/c I'm STILL catching up even now. And I was not feeling guilty. I just was hoping for a catch up on the EoD and night since I wasn't here really. I called it cheating because I was asking someone else to tell me what happened rather than reading it myself. Anyway... still catching up.
sorry, I was posting a photo of my cat (as I ado daily). I had this thread opened when I took the photo. I'm not discussing the game in discord
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:58 pm
Talk to me.

Something about Eloh had held me ealier. She had stated that my exclamation about not being able to read Daisy felt super scummy, but immediately backed off. I couldn't tell if what I was saying was an actual scum tell of hers that I triggered or if she was looking for things to call scummy and pulled the trigger too soon. Did you read this? I kimda forgot until now.

Kyle... Kyle. I haven't interacted with Kyle directly I dont think. What has you mumbling is name late at night?
I think so, but I didn't think anything of it. Wanna pull the post, Wilgy friend?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Talk to me.

oops

On Kyle - I think back to those posts I pulled. I don't think I'm reaching when I say that Kyle was hiding behind Pirate mafia meta. I had a little beef with him on Day 1 which I might look at again as well. I think he dissuaded me on it at the time.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I would like to request that you don't vote for me.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 pmWhy only one of me and speedchuck? Why are you town reading sig?
I like this question. I like it alot.

Speaking of which, Sig was here previous. Did he have a reason for his absence? I feel like I've seen him more than the others who are missing but less than... say Eloh? Mesk... I'm putting him in the Mesk mental territory of appearance.
Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:02 pm
Talk to me.

oops

On Kyle - I think back to those posts I pulled. I don't think I'm reaching when I say that Kyle was hiding behind Pirate mafia meta. I had a little beef with him on Day 1 which I might look at again as well. I think he dissuaded me on it at the time.
Please recall that the posts you pulled were all in response to players specifically comparing meta. I'm not hiding behind anything.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I already explained why I town read sig, it's 1.05am, I really can't be arsed to explain it again right now tbh but JoH recently posted a link to that. I've played a few games, all town sig, and this is exactly what sig does. Those posts he has contributed, nothing stands out for me at all.

As for why you and speedchuck: I think you're an unlikely pairing, but I feel one of you is bad. After my isos I'll let you know who's good and who's bad.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm I'd really like to hear Mesk514's thoughts on current events. My thoughts are clouded by past meta and I think an outsiders' viewpoint could bring some clarity
Not a fan. It looks like he's hiding from the thread again. Kyle hasn't played with a fair number of people before (or at least since he's been on the Syndicate), so there's no real reason for being 'clouded'.

Also every 5 seconds in this post the Mesk mention comes up even though i havent even mentioned him and its driving me crazy
I have played maybe dozens of games with LC and at least a dozen with Epi.

Also, I'm not hiding??? I've been here posting all day.
But what about the other 16 players?
This kind of ties in with the point I made earlier about him being unable to insert himself early in the game. I've waffled on it because of what followed but now I'm wondering if it's really possible to have nothing to say about 16 other people just because 2 are at each others throats. The whole 'clouded' business doesn't even seem related to LC and Epi's spat.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm I already explained why I town read sig, it's 1.05am, I really can't be arsed to explain it again right now tbh but JoH recently posted a link to that. I've played a few games, all town sig, and this is exactly what sig does. Those posts he has contributed, nothing stands out for me at all.

As for why you and speedchuck: I think you're an unlikely pairing, but I feel one of you is bad. After my isos I'll let you know who's good and who's bad.
I'm not really catching up as I should, I'm just sort of picking at things as I scroll down random recent pages. I don't mean to make you repeat yourself over and over.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pmI'm not hiding behind anything.
You see thats the difference between you and me Kyle. I'm always hiding behind a facade of smiles and forced concepts of self worth. Even a facade of hope to an extent. Anxiety and depression is a real bitch.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pm
Talk to me.

oops

Please recall that the posts you pulled were all in response to players specifically comparing meta. I'm not hiding behind anything.
Not all of them. And I already told you why I don't think that matters in my argument.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm
You see thats the difference between you and me Kyle. I'm always hiding behind a facade of smiles and forced concepts of self worth. Even a facade of hope to an extent. Anxiety and depression is a real bitch.
that's deep, dunsparce. :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm I already explained why I town read sig, it's 1.05am, I really can't be arsed to explain it again right now tbh but JoH recently posted a link to that. I've played a few games, all town sig, and this is exactly what sig does. Those posts he has contributed, nothing stands out for me at all.

But why are we an unlikely pairing?
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm I said I was going to put reads in this thread and I will. I do not have time to be Jerry Seinfeld and I don't give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld. I frankly don't see how there could be any impression that I give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld or any other generic super-civilian cookie cutter rendition of myself given the posts I have made in this game. This variety of meta read is bogus, as though JJJ suddenly forgets how to make a million posts when he draws a mafia role.

There's a reason I am only here during brief windows right now. That won't change for the foreseeable future in this or ensuing games. I implore the civilians in this thread to engage a broad dialogue whether I am your locked vote or not. Nothing is friendlier to the mafia team right now than a continuing focus on me, especially when I am in no position to engage the discussion.
Can you elaborate a little bit on your lack of activity? Now, I know you are participating, don't get me wrong. You just aren't participating like normal Jay, civ or baddie imo. I have been in games with you where you were civ and bad and I would say you carry the thread in either situation. So, I don't see this quiet Jay (quiet for you) as necessarily a bad jay. But it is disconcerning. So, I'm curious. Have you taken on more in your RL schedule? I ask because I hate to lynch a civ Jay because of RL business.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I didn't mean psychologically haha. This isn't a game about being realistic with my real life issues this is a game about solving puzzles.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm
Talk to me.

oops

Not all of them. And I already told you why I don't think that matters in my argument.
Please remind me why the questions I was answering don't matter to the context of the answers I was giving?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm
Talk to me.

oops

Please remind me why the questions I was answering don't matter to the context of the answers I was giving?
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm I have a grievance with the amount of times Kyle has used his Pirate Mafia performance as a way to fend off suspicion. He played games somewhere else that he's also talked about but I didn't quote them. No, I don't care that most of these are direct accusations about his Pirates performance. I think he's using meta as a shield.
You should care that those were in direct response to meta accusations. Why wouldn't you care about that?
You're rejecting perceptions before easing concerns. You're saying "I wasn't an active force in Pirates" when you should be saying "I'm actually not someone who takes the front line" if what they're saying is false about your playstyle.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm
Dunsparce is just the best. The pokedex says its 4'11 long and its tubby so they are probably all cuddly but as they are reptiles they probably feel cool to the touch and they can fly with their cute tiny wings like bumblebees also when they are scared they just dig backwards with their super awesome drill like tail and they can learn a wide variety of moves. Dunsparce can even learn moves like Solarbeam and Sunny day or the Rain dance Thunder combo, it can learn roost, earthquake, calm mind, glare, and coil too making it super versitile. It's pretty much the best Pokemon.

I'll get back to your question regarding eloh when I'm on a pc Quin. I don't want to sift through posts while on a phone.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

and with that drwilgy has become a 10 year old boy
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:54 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm I'm going to throw an early vote on JJJ. See what happens.

I may be busy most of today, but I'll try to keep up.
Where is that vote?
Huh, it didn't go through before
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

@[mention]Quin[/mention]. No one was asking me about my playstyle, and if they did I wouldn't know what to say I've played one standard mafia game in 3 years.

I responded to questions comparing pirate to current with comparisons to pirates because that game and this game are the only dataset I have to relate the answer to the question "how does Kylemii play mafia"
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Either way it's a worthless question, don't you think?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm Either way it's a worthless question, don't you think?
No :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Wilgy can go back to smilies. I'm not scum so I won't punch him this time.

All my lunch options look unappealing. I don't want to lunch malakim unless he can replace in again(if town). He might not want to after that. I have no read on him other than the way the d3 lynch shifted. And that may have been us being dumb.

Quick questions for me? I'm with family, on phone. Expect lottle
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A fresh look at colonialbob

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 am And now, the game is really afoothill!

*crickets*

How's the fence treating you?

*vote sloons*
We need an eye rolling emoji that I can post here.
Posts that appear to say something while not actually saying anything? To borrow the words of somebody else:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 amThat's a good enough reason for Day 1 because I will accept any reason on Day 1.
Do you intend to keep your vote on me?
What an odd question.

I will answer it by saying I subscribe to the maxim "Vote early, vote often."
I'm gonna put a vote on colonialbob because he never told me why this was an odd question.
It was early in the phase, and you were asking me about where my vote was going to be at end of day? That's odd to me. The explanation that vote switching was relatively new to the Syndicate eased that concern a bit. I also liked some of your other content, so decided to move elsewhere.

PS traveling today, so I'll try to catch up here in a bit when I'm sitting at the airport. I haven't read most of thread since my last post, just jumped to this since I got quoted.

I've highlighted a bit in this early exchange with Sloonei. Colonel Bob's vote was portrayed to be of the poop fling variety, which is a fine Day 1 approach for content generation and facilitation. I question though whether Bob had real investment in that vote given the highlighted content -- to be perturbed by Sloonei's question, answer it anyway, and in such a way that it essentially absolves Sloonei of the pressure inherent to the vote. "My vote is here now, but it'll probably move so don't worry bae." When Sloonei reversed the pressure in his direction, he kind of tucked his tail there.

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:28 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 pm Speed with the sudden entrance. I like it.

Voting LC for now.
Why?
Science. And consolidating trains.

I don't know what the value of "consolidating trains" is with numerous hours remaining prior to the deadline.

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?
Yeah. There's at least as much content there as the Daisy guilt thing. Not gonna argue about my joke though.

(Catching up intermittently, posting as stuff catches my eye, so ignore if I'm outdated)
@Long Con care to address this point since you responded to the other quote of this post?
I don't understand what you are saying, can you phrase it differently please? I was saying that Epi's alignment conclusions about mesk, based on the "dirt" post, are not legit because the logic isn't there... you are comparing it to the Daisy guilt thing, but I can't figure out what you mean by your wording.
You said Epi's read of mesk was not legit because there wasn't anything in that post to get a read off of but didn't say something similar about the Spacedaisy votes because she said sorry she checked in and that apparently meant she felt guilty for being mafia. So I would like you to address that discrepancy.

PS boarded, will be back before EoD to at least skim and potentially change my vote.

The LC vote is qualified more substantively here, with an inconsistency cited. I don't know that the parallel being drawn here is entirely logical, but that's not necessarily a concern. Logic and civilianhood don't always mesh. There's another example of projected vote mobility here, and I'll note that he is transparent in the repeated examples of this. Transparency is nice -- if his strategy is insincere, he is welcoming players to tell him that. That's perhaps atypical of a Day 1 mafioso.

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:30 am Thoughts at the moment:
The initial pressure on Epi was stupid. The bad argument pressure is better but could also be opportunistic. Lean that it's genuine but could be an attempt at sound and fury signifying nothing.

LC not responding to me question even when I pinged him and re-explained bothers me.

Jack is half hunting half doing weird meta talk. Reminded a bit of my first game on the Syndicate (Realms/Syndicate crossover), where he did the similar thing and was mafia. Not as strong of a ping thus far, but something to keep an eye on.

Feeling good at the moment about Quin, Sloonei, and speed.

Don't like Eloh's Epi defense. Don't know her enough to know of its actually something to read into.

Can't figure Kyle. Seems similar to early pirates, but not quite as 'good.

No reads on anybody else.

Late Day 1 stances. I appreciate that they are assertive for the most part, and not bogged down with caveats (perhaps apart from the Jack read, but that's rather nitpicky).

There's a string of posts in Bob's N1 content which I think looks off-the-cuff, starting around the point of this link in his ISO. He is interrogative with discernible direction and purpose. Cool beans.

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
I actually was just looking at your ISO. The long exchange you had with Jack at least looked dissociative (if that wasn't a word before it is now) -- I don't think you look like tiny mountains together. That point has limited value at present with no flips but whatever it came to mind.

I am less perturbed by your early poop fling at Sloonei than I was with DDL given that yours came first and it didn't last. I suggested in my puke that I think Jack looks good, at least for the point I raised. Could you summarize your suspicion of him for me? I raised concerns with LC separately, mostly relating to his dealings with Epignosis.

Also I am not entirely clear on everything that transpired with regard to vote movement. I'll need some help on that before I can offer much insight, otherwise I'll see you after I check myself. :p
It's kinda meta. His posting early on reminded me of his play in the HCRealms/Syndicate crossover, where he kept going on meta tangents and shunting the thread away from actual reads. He was mafia that game, I called him out D1 and got NKed for it. But he's provided some reads since then, and while I don't entirely agree with him on say LC/Epi, his posts feel genuine enough that I'm fine with him now.

Bob couldn't be called stubborn in his reads. I have seen a few examples to this point of assertive reads revisited and reconsidered, and in such a way that I don't think he looks like he is ebbing with the flow of the dialogue -- it looks more like original thinking.

This rainbow represents a turn though, specifically on Jack. I don't follow what has happened with that read in the last handful of posts.

Vote Sloonei and:

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 pm I don't like this sequence.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 pm Sloonei

I don't feel you are genuine, and I think your go at Eloh was a try to score an easy lynch that people would find agreeable even if the result was no good.
Nope. I wanted you to share your thoughts on her, then I moved off.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm I don't want to be on Eloh come day end. It could go on Sloonei.
I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
Voting Eloh because he wants Epi's thoughts, that's all? But then he's willing to vote there immediately after taking his vote off? Smells off.
Soon after labeling Sloonei a dark greenie in his rainbow, Bob goes after him for a specific moment he cited above. This guy doesn't give a shit about being consistent. Good. This developed into a significant exchange between the two of them which lasted through the later portion of Day 2.

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm PS I think Sloonei's ISO of me started with the premise that I was probably bad and surprisingly enough found reasons to confirm. I don't think that's alignment indicative, I think it's a problem with ISOing people you're not neutral on.

If bob is a mafioso and Sloonei is a civilian, he was met with a challenging scenario after the Day 2 no lynch. Sloonei's general credit in the thread improved in that period, and then he made a big ISO for Bob himself. In this scenario, mafia Bob saw his attempted lynch target gain a strong foothold and then turn the sword against him in quick succession. I draw this image to facilitate a perspective of the post above wherein Bob assesses Sloonei's case against him -- that it started from a point of bias and wasn't alignment indicative. It strikes me as a necessary condition that for Sloonei to be susceptible to this bias, he must first be a civilian. A mafia Sloonei operates with a deliberate slant, not an pre-biased mindset. I don't care for this response. I described the challenge a mafia Bob would have faced handling Sloonei's ISO, and this response does bear an appearance of "I don't know what to do about this."

Qualified the same dialogue as confirmation bias

Bob's Day 3 content was largely Jack-centric, wherein he was critical of Jack for being "wishy-washy" and "flip-floppy". Example. Eh. I've never cared for that manner of accusation. I've seen plenty of civilians and plenty of mafia members render it. On a tonal level I think he sounds okay.

~~~

I had more positive to say about Colonel Bob than negative. The good stuff is more of an intuited reception of his tone, assertiveness, and candor in the earlier half of the game. My chief concerns come in his handling of Sloonei's case against him.

Leaning town, with reservations.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm Either way it's a worthless question, don't you think?
No :noble:
Before I left RM, and before I got really bad at keeping up in general, I was especially really bad at staying active as a mafia. I'd consistently have about 60% or fewer of the posts I'd have as a civvie.

It became a really commonly known mafia tell for me and it was a huge burden on the occasions that I was playing as mafia. It was fine when I was civvie though.

If you want to know what mafia Kyle looks like... This isn't it.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm I was pinged by Jay's lack of focus tbh and the fact he didn't direct a single suspicion towards me. That's very unlike him. He usually kills my game when I'm townie, and frustrates me till I start dreaming of rage quitting. :P When I named him as a suspect, I hoped it would trigger a different kind of response where I could be sure of his towniness, as I have been in past games. How will Jay respond? That is a huge tell all in itself.

I feel a bit mean though, because I know what he's going through IRL. He barely has time to talk to me, even. It's close to end of semester and we have exams and assignments due.

I believe he replaced into this game same reason I did (a sort of sense of obligation, let's say), and while I pretty much screwed off my exam studying time to get up to date with the thread the last 2 days, I think Jay values his education before mafia (smart guy. smarter than me, probably. definitely).

I was never going to go through with lynching him without giving him time to clear himself or sufficiently fend off accusations thrown his way. The fact he has so much suspicion on him and didn't bother going through them all does not strike me as "giving up" as Sloonei put it (and I'm surprised he could think Jay would give up). On the contrary, it had an opposite effect on me and I've played plenty with Jay (and scum Jay) to know that like me, he'd defend himself till the last dying breath. It's basically like this grad student has exams man. Let's cut him some slack for not spending 5 hours playing online mafia.

no lynch Jay today. I urge you all to reconsider and look elsewhere.
If this is all teue, then I agree with dunya. I know busy. And mafia the way jay usually plays takes a lot of time and focus, I'm sure. Like I said before. Civ jay or baddie jay....he is usually a driving force no matter his allignment. I don't think his amount of participation points to either allignment.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Every time I get to the bottom of a page, there pops up another!!!!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm malakim2099 would you please do me a solid and describe your past mafia experience, to whatever extent you're comfortable with?
I suggest you take a look at the street fighter game: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... alakim2099
He was scum here.

Also the forum is trying to force me to mention you too. It has had this kind of bug for weeks now. Spacedaisy
When ever you try to quote a post that has an @mention in it, you have to delete the @mention to avoid that problem. Otherwise it sees the original @mention and gets confused.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dunsparce also has access to the serene grace ability which lets it use air slash's heightened flinch rate and thunderwave to completely block their opponent from attacking, although togekiss does it a little better and benefits from the flying type move... I guess Dunsparce could use the normal type headbutt for the same purpose but I don't know for sure if it gets access to that move outside of heart gold and soul silver
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:58 pm

From reading his posts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm malakim2099 would you please do me a solid and describe your past mafia experience, to whatever extent you're comfortable with?
He was scum here.

Also the forum is trying to force me to mention you too. It has had this kind of bug for weeks now. Spacedaisy
When ever you try to quote a post that has an @mention in it, you have to delete the @mention to avoid that problem. Otherwise it sees the original @mention and gets confused.
Oh I haven't tried to do that. Thanks.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 pm

From reading his posts.
full respect, DDL but that seems like kind of a weak explanation
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 pm basically, people who scum hunt solely by eliminating who is townie are more likely to be scum in my eyes because scum team know exactly who is town.

Townies are suspicious as hell because we don't know shit except who we are. We are confident as hell about out townieness. Everyone else? They're all scum till they prove otherwise. And along the way, even townies will do things that trigger our scum detectors.
I'm not sure I agree with this and I guess it could be why people often think I'm scum. As a civ, I look at who I feel I can trust (based on gameplay, of course) and then try to find baddie behavior among the rest to find a suspension. I guess I'm doing this all wrong.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:haha:
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 pmI'll tell you what a strong townie stance is: it's having strong suspicions. Just clearing people off is more a scum stance-tactic. Does that make sense to you?

You were only using emojis, but those emojis actually reflected better on you. You were calling people good/bad with them. That's townie as hell.

This "not calling Jack bad for his play day one" and "not agreeing on a Jay lynch" is not necessarily townie as hell.

I hope you can see where I am coming from; I'm super genuine and super serious and extremely demanding.
So you want mor quantity from me?
no...I never complained about low post count or quantity of post. I want more genuine, hard stances. I would understand your hesitation in that you can't give me a genuine scum read without outing a scum-mate, but try.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

From reading his posts.
If I had a better one I'd have given it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

From reading his posts.
If I had a better one I'd have given it.
hahaha relatable. we really need a baddie flip so we can start making cases based on facts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

:hug:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm
Dunsparce is just the best. The pokedex says its 4'11 long and its tubby so they are probably all cuddly but as they are reptiles they probably feel cool to the touch and they can fly with their cute tiny wings like bumblebees also when they are scared they just dig backwards with their super awesome drill like tail and they can learn a wide variety of moves. Dunsparce can even learn moves like Solarbeam and Sunny day or the Rain dance Thunder combo, it can learn roost, earthquake, calm mind, glare, and coil too making it super versitile. It's pretty much the best Pokemon.

I'll get back to your question regarding eloh when I'm on a pc Quin. I don't want to sift through posts while on a phone.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... Base_stats

No.

Though it would be cool if they made a Mega Dunsparce.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”