Total votes: 15
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 3]

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 pm @novaselinenever @Quin

Have any of my recent posts swayed you at all from reading me as scum?
No, because none of your recent posts address the reason I suspect you. Half the case you pushed on me is made up (my "I knew it" posts), and the other half is exaggerated (Disagreeing with the sig case versus strongly against the sig case). We've talked about the latter a few times, but I've been waiting for you to address the former.
k, let me iso you and quote what I felt was "I know it".
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:27 pm i am like 99.7 percent sure lapluie doesn't have information on dunya

this perspective does not come from one who has information himself thank you
Agreed.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:45 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm from the options, I had Marmot and Simon both down as scum reads. I don't feel good about Marmot's self-vote at all though. Like, it makes me question his scumminess.
Give me a town motivation for a self-vote
Based on personal experience, people who self-vote are far behind townies who don't want to impact the thread.

I've seen one case of a scum DrWilgy self vote, on this site, and RadicalFuzz in the vocaroo, and that's it. But Radical did it out of frustration, no one frustrated Marmot to self-vote. So what's the scum motivation for it?
Want some cheese with that wine? A townie who would try to get himself lynched, depriving my faction of a chance to catch a baddie, does not deserve my sympathy. A baddie pretending to do that should not either. I've played games with many a mod who would ban a player for self voting. It's against the spirit of the game 99% of the time. I'm absolutely not going to encourage the idea that it's something townies do or should do.

What would you do about Simon if Eloh was dead or not in the game?
This is not (from what i can remember) Marmot's first time self-voting and will likely not be his last. Does this have any impact on your read?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:44 pm"Disgusting."
dunya i don't make decisions recklessly. If there's any data that might influence the direction of a choice I have to make then I'm not gonna just ignore it just cus it contradicts something I already think.
that's not what I found disgusting, but your casing of me based on someone's theory of someone's theory. Your post was trying to frame me negatively, even though you are basing it on loose speculation and not straight from the horse's mouth, and then to top all that off you sign it off with something like "but idk maybe I'm wrong". I don't like that. I feel it was very opportunistic of you.
I agreed with LC's point because I personally looked back through lapluie's posts and saw it as a valid explanation for her jarring change in behavior. It's a realistic possibility and there was plenty of reason for laplulie to use some kind of check on you last night so I think it would be irresponsible to take that consideration off the table.

I'm not trying to frame you as anything, I'm trying to figure you out. If lapluie doesn't have info then there's significantly less to worry about.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:45 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm from the options, I had Marmot and Simon both down as scum reads. I don't feel good about Marmot's self-vote at all though. Like, it makes me question his scumminess.
Give me a town motivation for a self-vote
Based on personal experience, people who self-vote are far behind townies who don't want to impact the thread.

I've seen one case of a scum DrWilgy self vote, on this site, and RadicalFuzz in the vocaroo, and that's it. But Radical did it out of frustration, no one frustrated Marmot to self-vote. So what's the scum motivation for it?
Want some cheese with that wine? A townie who would try to get himself lynched, depriving my faction of a chance to catch a baddie, does not deserve my sympathy. A baddie pretending to do that should not either. I've played games with many a mod who would ban a player for self voting. It's against the spirit of the game 99% of the time. I'm absolutely not going to encourage the idea that it's something townies do or should do.

What would you do about Simon if Eloh was dead or not in the game?
This is not (from what i can remember) Marmot's first time self-voting and will likely not be his last. Does this have any impact on your read?
I didn't say I had a baddie read of Marmot, just that Marmot doing this is not town indicative.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:17 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm I mean lapluie, please. I didn't want you to take your vote off me. I wanted you to discuss things and clarify false assumptions people were making. You put me in a bad light, and if you are town like you're claiming, you're going to hurt yourself in the end if you don't clarify you're position and how you reached your conclusions about me. Put your vote back on me. Or better yet, if you return to the game, I'll selfvote. :nicenod: How's that? Do we have a deal?
It's okay, youre right, my decision & logic was irrational & I came on too hard, sorry.
I'm not gonna vote you because of my silly conclusion that youre bad because of the sig lynch, I've thought about it, it just makes us both look bad. Simon is already in the lead for lynch, I think speedchuck is right to think that simon would be a good lynch tonight, his behaviours have been erratic & noncommittal. Sorry I lashed out like that, I understand where you're coming from. So thank you
yeah pretty much definitely not mechanically informed then
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

A four way tie seems pretty fun. :ninja:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also have Wilgy and Nova explained their vote or are they just voting? I very much dislike that people are voting without giving any reasoning or even saying that they're voting.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wilgy votes Speedchuck without a word and leaves. Regardless of Speed's alignment, this is further reason to believe Wilgy is bad. This is a WIFOM only move that only serves to help the baddies.

[mention]dunya[/mention]

What happened to you voting for Simon if Eloh doesn't show up. Looks like you're voting for Marmot instead. Talk to me about that.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:42 pm A four way tie seems pretty fun. :ninja:
I agree. Hell, why not a five way tie? I could even go for six.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:27 pm i am like 99.7 percent sure lapluie doesn't have information on dunya
Yes, after Lapluie’s most recent posts, I think it’s pretty clear that is the case - she had an opportunity there if she had concrete info to reveal it. As a result, the case against Dunya (in my eyes at least) has collapsed.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I like this status quo. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:46 pm
Yes, after Lapluie’s most recent posts, I think it’s pretty clear that is the case - she had an opportunity there if she had concrete info to reveal it. As a result, the case against Dunya (in my eyes at least) has collapsed.
So vote for Simon.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm
If everyone who's voted so far switched we could have a 12 way tie. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm Wilgy votes Speedchuck without a word and leaves. Regardless of Speed's alignment, this is further reason to believe Wilgy is bad. This is a WIFOM only move that only serves to help the baddies.

@dunya

What happened to you voting for Simon if Eloh doesn't show up. Looks like you're voting for Marmot instead. Talk to me about that.
I agree, I think if Wilgy isn't mafia he's a loner, he doesn't seem to be playing the same as civ wilgy does.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]nutella[/mention]

I just figured something out. Simon and Wilgy are bad. Vote for Simon. Kthx.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]rabbit8[/mention]

Tell me about your Speedchuck suspicion.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:46 pm
This I disagree with.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm
If everyone who's voted so far switched we could have a 12 way tie. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm Wilgy votes Speedchuck without a word and leaves. Regardless of Speed's alignment, this is further reason to believe Wilgy is bad. This is a WIFOM only move that only serves to help the baddies.

@dunya

I agree, I think if Wilgy isn't mafia he's a loner, he doesn't seem to be playing the same as civ wilgy does.
I don't think I could handle that much excitement. Are you only voting dunya for the tie?
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The worst thing Dunya has done is not push to lynch Sig.

It's saying "I think Marmot is doing a thing that townies do and also I am going to vote for Simon, who is bad......*votes Marmot*"

I wouldn't be heartbroken if Dunya was lynched today. I could see her as w/w with Simon or Wilgy. Since Wilgy and Simon are both bad, this makes w/w/w.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You guys, I'm like really good at mafia.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Voting Jack.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 113

Post by rabbit8 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 pm rabbit8

Meh, I think of the players with votes he the one on my list. I have him there mainly because I have others there who I think he may be connected to. It's weaksauce.

I feel limited, I don't want to read all the games you guys are bringing up as we progress. I'm trying to feel out some players as well.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pmVoting Jack.
Why?
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 pm The worst thing Dunya has done is not push to lynch Sig.

It's saying "I think Marmot is doing a thing that townies do and also I am going to vote for Simon, who is bad......*votes Marmot*"

I wouldn't be heartbroken if Dunya was lynched today. I could see her as w/w with Simon or Wilgy. Since Wilgy and Simon are both bad, this makes w/w/w.
Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

You didn't play vocaroo (my last game). I was very persistent that Simon was scum. Read all his scum/town games and tried to translate that into vocaroo meta. Elohcin was a strong reason (the only) reason Simon wasn't mislynched. You asked me a hypothetical if she wasn't in the game... But she is in the game and there's 6 other anti town players. I am not stubborn. I can wait for Eloh tomorrow morning to give me input. I don't feel like mislynchinh twice in a row kthx.

I already explained my Marmot vote. He was one of my scum spects. His self vote made me pause, I was told he does this a lot. It was no longer an obstacle.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Meh, I think of the players with votes he the one on my list. I have him there mainly because I have others there who I think he may be connected to. It's weaksauce.

I feel limited, I don't want to read all the games you guys are bringing up as we progress. I'm trying to feel out some players as well.
Who do you think he might be connected to?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 pm The worst thing Dunya has done is not push to lynch Sig.

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

You didn't play vocaroo (my last game). I was very persistent that Simon was scum. Read all his scum/town games and tried to translate that into vocaroo meta. Elohcin was a strong reason (the only) reason Simon wasn't mislynched. You asked me a hypothetical if she wasn't in the game... But she is in the game and there's 6 other anti town players. I am not stubborn. I can wait for Eloh tomorrow morning to give me input. I don't feel like mislynchinh twice in a row kthx.

I already explained my Marmot vote. He was one of my scum spects. His self vote made me pause, I was told he does this a lot. It was no longer an obstacle.
are you ISOing me?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

The way I see it, I’m out of this game in a hour’s time when those bastards come for me again. I would at least like to take one of them out before I leave the game. I keep getting a bad vibe from JoH and it’s been getting worse as the game goes on. For now, that’s where I’ll place my vote. Am open to being convinced otherwise if someone would care to put a case.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pmVoting Jack.
Why?
Because you're good at mafia. We can't have that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Who do you think he might be connected to?
I made a list. But it's unimportant at the time TBH. I'm really interested in the last post by Dunya. Been reading civvie all day until that.

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

I hate the then lynch me argument, no one should use it. IMO.

Plus no case on Nutella. Just wait until later. Seems unhelpful. As I feel Nutella is bad a few others have mentioned her. Then no case. :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:08 pm The way I see it, I’m out of this game in a hour’s time when those bastards come for me again. I would at least like to take one of them out before I leave the game. I keep getting a bad vibe from JoH and it’s been getting worse as the game goes on. For now, that’s where I’ll place my vote. Am open to being convinced otherwise if someone would care to put a case.
Who are those bastards?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:08 pm The way I see it, I’m out of this game in a hour’s time when those bastards come for me again. I would at least like to take one of them out before I leave the game. I keep getting a bad vibe from JoH and it’s been getting worse as the game goes on. For now, that’s where I’ll place my vote. Am open to being convinced otherwise if someone would care to put a case.
Who are those bastards?
The Mafia. I was apparently their target last night - I assume they’ll be back for me tonight?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Glor, my friend, you did not listen to me when I was cursed.

Please listen to me now.

Simon and Wilgy are bad.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]rabbit8[/mention] u should make a case. :nicenod: then IF we mislynch her you can taste the poop I tasted ;)

P.s. "k lynch me" was sarcasm to his catching 3 scum hence the rest of my post.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

I said I'm really good at this game, okay?

If you don't want another mislynch, why you voting for Marmot instead of Simon? Is it cause you're bad?

Actually, you said
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 pm Voting Simon. If Eloh shows up before deadline, great. If not, I'll vote as though Eloh wasn't playing. :shrug:
What changed?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

are you ISOing me?
Honestly no. It's 1.15 am and I'm in bed on my phone. I don't even suspect you anymore. I don't need to convince you I'm town right now this second. But I'll try to take a look if people atop posting and distracting me.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:13 pm rabbit8 u should make a case. :nicenod: then IF we mislynch her you can taste the poop I tasted ;)

P.s. "k lynch me" was sarcasm to his catching 3 scum hence the rest of my post.
I know it was sarcasm, but still.

Also, no I don't have too. 3J made one. I disagree on many points, and with his conclusion. He thinks there is no compelling case there I do. Did you miss his case?

So? :beer:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

How da fua is there a case on Simon?

What about Dave? Or Eloh or......
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:17 pm How da fua is there a case on Simon?

Dave and Eloh are both significantly more town than Simon.

You got a reason to think Simon is good? Lay it on me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

are you ISOing me?
Honestly no. It's 1.15 am and I'm in bed on my phone. I don't even suspect you anymore. I don't need to convince you I'm town right now this second. But I'll try to take a look if people atop posting and distracting me.
Actually, I would think you do. Because right now it looks like you're blowing me off until you have a chance to kill me and hope this line of questioning goes away.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:17 pm How da fua is there a case on Simon?

Simon's more caseable than Dave. But if you make a case on Dave I'll read it.

Speaking of Elohcin, where is she. Oh I see she has a migraine.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Jackoffhearts and speedcuck are cum
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Hahahah.

K. Lynch me.

are you ISOing me?
Actually, I would think you do. Because right now it looks like you're blowing me off until you have a chance to kill me and hope this line of questioning goes away.
I would have killed you last night ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall is a ass.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

*lass ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], you've been treating Wilgy and Simon as foregone-conclusion mafia members. What inspires such confidence?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I can't keep up on my phone jeeeez
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm Jackofhearts2005, you've been treating Wilgy and Simon as foregone-conclusion mafia members. What inspires such confidence?
ISO me or follow me and find out.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Look how hard it is to lynch Simon when he's so clearly bad.

Look how many people coming up with excuses to leave Simon alone or voting for no reason (particularly, Dunya, Wilgy, other two most suspicious players).

They sooooooooo bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm Jackofhearts2005, you've been treating Wilgy and Simon as foregone-conclusion mafia members. What inspires such confidence?
ISO me or follow me and find out.
I think he was asking what LC and Kyle and Glor were instigating about Lap.

Is Simon 100 percent scum, Jack?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 pm Regarding Speedchuck, his finalvotes have been yuck until today. Nobody's forgetting that or Mac's insistence that he is bad. We should all remember these things as well as Speed's skill in faking being a townie.....and vote elsewhere for now.
Wert speedchuck, can you elaborate on this post Jack?

Why did you earlier encourage players to vote away from speedchuck?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”