Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 4]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm This whole case is one big joke.
So is your space-time continuum.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm You had to voice your way into an Epignosis vote - I asked Epi what he was doing and he told me "fucking horses." That was me giving Epi a chance to show me he was town. Forced? Bah.
Epignosis said this over 3 hours after you placed your vote.
What is your point, exactly?

Here's my vote.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 pm I guess I’ll go ahead and [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

I tend to give Epi some leeway for bs cases, head butting and general grumpiness/laziness but I expect something to come of it eventually.
That's all true and I later asked Epi to convince me I was wrong. "Forced." Nah.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pm Tell me I'm bad for not posting enough on D1 again.
I didn't pursue that with any fervor. Irrelevant.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pmTell me I'm bad for voting for townie Epi instead of townie Sprityo, again.
I'll give you credit for making up so many arguments and then shoving them into my mouth. Never said this or even implied it. You're not reading my posts.

You could have voted for Epignosis with all of the fervor and conviction in the world, and it'd have looked better than what happened.
Yeah, yeah. Proven wrong. Point back to big vague case of nothing. Repeat.

I'll be sure to make up conviction next time you're around. :beer:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Possible Smog missed Night 1, resulting in one messed up hit. I'd call it an alternative to the bad Wolbre theory but I don't want to seem waffly.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 777
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 pm I guess I’ll go ahead and [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

I tend to give Epi some leeway for bs cases, head butting and general grumpiness/laziness but I expect something to come of it eventually.

I like Jimmy's rainbow (save Juliets, who I’m not sure why people are voting for) and the Epi case but I can’t shake a bad feeling about him. Driving me up the wall over here. Waiting for the shoe to drop. Just not sure what kinda shoe it is.

Linki: I’ll read those Nova beefs in a bit. Nova is in one ear out the other for me.
Let's ensure we quote the entire post, because all of it is yucky.

This looks like someone who knows he is voting for a civilian and is preparing to allow someone else (i.e. me) shoulder the blame when he flips.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:22 pm

I like Jimmy's rainbow (save Juliets, who I’m not sure why people are voting for) and the Epi case but I can’t shake a bad feeling about him. Driving me up the wall over here. Waiting for the shoe to drop. Just not sure what kinda shoe it is.

Linki: I’ll read those Nova beefs in a bit. Nova is in one ear out the other for me.
Let's ensure we quote the entire post, because all of it is yucky.

This looks like someone who knows he is voting for a civilian and is preparing to allow someone else (i.e. me) shoulder the blame when he flips.
Your rainbow and Nova stuff has nothing to do with my vote on Epi.

How can I blame you for my vote on Epi when you're pushing a vote on Nova or Sprityo? Again, you think I'm setting you up?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm Friendly reminder that I won't be here for EoD again, but instead of dragging phases out you can send in your night actions from the minute the poll closes and we'll do it all that way.
Quin, when do you anticipate posting the Lynch results?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Errr...I guess Jimmy did have an Epi case? I don't even remember it tbh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:24 pm Your rainbow and Nova stuff has nothing to do with my vote on Epi.

How can I blame you for my vote on Epi when you're pushing a vote on Nova or Sprityo? Again, you think I'm setting you up?
Your space-time continuum is on the fritz again dude.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:25 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm Friendly reminder that I won't be here for EoD again, but instead of dragging phases out you can send in your night actions from the minute the poll closes and we'll do it all that way.
Quin, when do you anticipate posting the Lynch results?
Not for a while. Tonight when I get home.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jack, jay isnt on you because you didn't know epi was civ, he suspects you because you seem like you actually did. You approached his lynch and his behavior as if you already knew and were preparing for the correct conclusion. it seemed like you were trying to justify a vote for epignosis rather than actually believing that epignosis was the best recipient for a vote.

i don't like the way you've responded to Jay's case on you and somewhat related, I also don't like the way you've turned around on Mac and jay, these are things that don't seem like civ-things to me
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm willing to switch to an inactive instead of continuing with this headache inducing run around.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm Jack, jay isnt on you because you didn't know epi was civ, he suspects you because you seem like you actually did. You approached his lynch and his behavior as if you already knew and were preparing for the correct conclusion. it seemed like you were trying to justify a vote for epignosis rather than actually believing that epignosis was the best recipient for a vote.

i don't like the way you've responded to Jay's case on you and somewhat related, I also don't like the way you've turned around on Mac and jay, these are things that don't seem like civ-things to me
Okay but why do they think that?

I don't know so I'm left with "I don't think they think that."
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm Jack, jay isnt on you because you didn't know epi was civ, he suspects you because you seem like you actually did. You approached his lynch and his behavior as if you already knew and were preparing for the correct conclusion. it seemed like you were trying to justify a vote for epignosis rather than actually believing that epignosis was the best recipient for a vote.

i think it's cus of ur posts
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

do you think a mafia jay goes through all this effort and comes to such a very specific conclusion just to lynch a single player
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

i think it's cus of ur posts
Thank you. That's very helpful. :sigh:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think Jay explained it pretty well in his post about your post where you voted Epi. He has made so many posts though it may be hard to find.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:31 pm do you think a mafia jay goes through all this effort and comes to such a very specific conclusion just to lynch a single player
Yes, if he thought he'd get away with it.

Do you think he wouldn't? Tell me about that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets, do you still oppose a Jack lynch and if so why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And if so, help me lynch someone else.

And if not, fuckadoodledoo.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm going to have to put an * at the end every time I say "I don't get lynched" you bastards.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

(I don't actually hold any ill will against anyone. It's a game, regardless of anyone else's alignment. Just wanna make that clear cause I've been cursing a lot today.)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

An anonymous platypus is viewing this thread.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Vote Pennywise] aubergine

I still suspect Jay and Mac but as I've said before, I'm a pragmatic guy.

Off to get the kids. This may be my last post today. Please don't lynch me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Pennywise] aubergine in solidarity with Jack.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 pmin solidarity with Jack.
Why

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have a soft spot in my heart for victims of Jay's wrath.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone want to give me the best evidence they can think of that Jack is a civilian?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:49 pm Anyone want to give me the best evidence they can think of that Jack is a civilian?
My post count. :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:49 pm Anyone want to give me the best evidence they can think of that Jack is a civilian?
Well you know actually... :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm
Well you know actually... :ponder:
I hear that’s NAI, tho.

I got absolutely nothing done at work today you guys.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm juliets, do you still oppose a Jack lynch and if so why?
Jay, I'm just not picking up the same vibes as you and Mac regarding him trying to find a reason to vote Epi knowing he was civ. I've looked at that "bad" post a bunch of times and it just looks like a normal vote post to me - maybe not a gung-ho post but not a bad one either. If I joined the Jack wagon it would be strictly because I see you and Mac as civ and know the two of you are good at picking up on mafia - in other words, not because I believed in the vote personally but because I believe in the two of you. That just doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hey guys voting Penny, do you really believe that Penny is worse than INH? I would have voted INH if I were thinking about lynching an inactive. I voted Penny because wolbre was already on INH and we needed someone to vote Penny so the vig who can kill people with votes would have options.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

wait, wolbre changed to Jack. I'm moving to INH.

[VOTE: INH] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:56 pm Hey guys voting Penny, do you really believe that Penny is worse than INH? I would have voted INH if I were thinking about lynching an inactive. I voted Penny because wolbre was already on INH and we needed someone to vote Penny so the vig who can kill people with votes would have options.
Who do you want to lynch?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

these are the parts that I am bothered by:

you guess you'll vote for epi, implying it's a thing you ended up doing instead of making an active choice to do so. you acknowledge that epi is known for similar behavior except that it's usually less so and more directed. you mention having a bad feeling about epi that you can't shake, but the bad feeling was never actually mentioned before this post, most of your posts about epi before this are soft circumstantial defenses of epi relating to meta or his relationship to jjj
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:11 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 pm I'm not 100% sure of either of you.
I'm 100% sure of Avito's alignment.
I was talking about a Day 2 read. :suspish:
Epignosis is tied for the tally lead.

He doesn't like a lynch of sprityo, his tie buddy.

He doesn't like a lynch of juliets, the only other person in decent range.

Is he a mafioso?
I never give up no matter my alignment so I don’t know what to do with a player who does.

Game theory say scum going for pitty (or in this case confusion?) but that doesn’t bear out irl.

Either way, it’s annoying.
but then strike 2 here, in response to jjj pointing out that Epignosis is acting in a way which is specifically not self-protective or at least avoiding the path of least resistance, you claim that epi is giving up/allowing himself to be lynched or going for pity or whatever which seems like it's both avoiding the actual question jay asked as well as avoiding the ugly idea that "hey maybe the guy I voted for has some visible civ qualities"

this post prepares for Epi's lynch in the "he was acting bad so he deserved to be lynched, why should I be to blame?" way, instead of the "am i considering all angles to this?" way, and that's why i dislike it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

So why aren’t you voting for me?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Is inh known for disappearing as a badman
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 pm @Kylemii

So why aren’t you voting for me?
i always vote at the very last minute cus i love the indescribable rush i get from almost being late every single time

and cus i haven't made up my mind yet, hence the questions
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm juliets, do you still oppose a Jack lynch and if so why?
Jay, I'm just not picking up the same vibes as you and Mac regarding him trying to find a reason to vote Epi knowing he was civ. I've looked at that "bad" post a bunch of times and it just looks like a normal vote post to me - maybe not a gung-ho post but not a bad one either. If I joined the Jack wagon it would be strictly because I see you and Mac as civ and know the two of you are good at picking up on mafia - in other words, not because I believed in the vote personally but because I believe in the two of you. That just doesn't feel like the right thing to do.
Not this game, they haven’t.

Unless jack is bad.
But his desperation here is reading more and more like I felt at the end of the last day in Greece. It could be NAI, but I don’t share the same conviction. If jack is lynched today and comes up bad, I would be surprised, is what I’m saying
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm Is inh known for disappearing as a badman
I don’t know the answer to that, but his absence is suspicious regardless. If there’s one inactive I’d look to lynch, it’s INh. Pennywise a marginal second
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So [VOTE: INH] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jack...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:22 pmjack...
Kyle...
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:22 pmjack...
Kyle...
please.... hold me closer
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jack when did you start suspecting epignosis?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm jack when did you start suspecting epignosis?
Idk, man. Apparently, there was a Jimmy case but all I remember is him being super unhelpful and stubborn....which in hindsight is a bad reason to vote.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm jack when did you start suspecting epignosis?
Idk, man. Apparently, there was a Jimmy case but all I remember is him being super unhelpful and stubborn....which in hindsight is a bad reason to vote.
You liked it at the time.

Assess the quality of this case, even now with hindsight.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm
so it was a sort of gradually growing suspicion that expanded as he continued being Wilgy-like?

why didn't you mention it earlier than you did?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I want to ensure is clear for Kyle's dialogue here:

When Jack said he had a lingering bad feeling or whatever it was, I believe he was referring to me and not to Epignosis. Jack please correct me if not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:41 pm One thing I want to ensure is clear for Kyle's dialogue here:

When Jack said he had a lingering bad feeling or whatever it was, I believe he was referring to me and not to Epignosis. Jack please correct me if not.
This is correct.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”