Moderator: Community Team

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 4]

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm This whole "you're going for a mislynch" thing is so bogus. I had Jack as a civilian read 48 hours ago. I don't need to cook up some convoluted plan to make Jack my specific target if I am pursuing a mislynch. My read turned because I don't believe in it anymore.
Again, Epi looked so bad, 3 people said they thought he was the unlynchable mafia member.
You exaggerate this. It was basically just you saying that, with JJJ slightly saying he considered it. Juliets and Kyle didn't think so. No one else talked about it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm jack when did you start suspecting epignosis?
Idk, man. Apparently, there was a Jimmy case but all I remember is him being super unhelpful and stubborn....which in hindsight is a bad reason to vote.
You liked it at the time.

Assess the quality of this case, even now with hindsight.
It’s good on paper. I let it be enough.

But Epi is unhelpful and stubborn and latches on to stupid things as town all the time. He’s also supatown sometimes, like in FE and ASOUE.

Idk who I should have chosen instead if not you.

Vote somewhere else plz. Kthnx.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm This whole "you're going for a mislynch" thing is so bogus. I had Jack as a civilian read 48 hours ago. I don't need to cook up some convoluted plan to make Jack my specific target if I am pursuing a mislynch. My read turned because I don't believe in it anymore.
Again, Epi looked so bad, 3 people said they thought he was the unlynchable mafia member.
You exaggerate this. It was basically just you saying that, with JJJ slightly saying he considered it. Juliets and Kyle didn't think so. No one else talked about it.
I was actually leaning towards epi being the knock-off pheonix wright role basically up until his death.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lynch Jack, vig INH. IF INH isn't bad, lynch juliets. That's my ideal plan going forward. I think juliets is bad, and maybe trying to steer the vig away from her actual low-poster teammate.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Assassination Classroom [NIGHT 3]

Post by Long Con »

Excuse me, I thought this indicated you don't find it easy to believe:
Kylemii wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:40 pm
juliets wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:17 pm
juliets wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm @juliets when you get a sec I'd be curious to hear what you think about my Epignosis theory
I see it as a possibility Kyle but if he is one of the two I lean to the round-faced independent. I just don't think he's bad.
but why
I think if he were bad he would have voted for me and tried to get others to as well. Also, it doesn't behoove him not to explain himself like his vote for you or address JJJ's points because it outwardly makes him look more suspicious. I think if he were bad he would try to look civ.
why would an unlynchable Epignosis care about how he looked?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Juliets said yes. One more person said no. Kyle just asked questions about it.

Why is this important? You’re talking about the nuance of a point that is part of an argument for why I didn’t see Epi as trying to avoid lynch.

Even if this is all debunked, Epi still said “I don’t care if I get lynched.”

You’re like arguing over if one play should have been considered a fumble or not looking at a bunch of camera angles and sub rules to see who won....but the score was 63 to 3.

Who cares?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm Lynch Jack, vig INH. IF INH isn't bad, lynch juliets. That's my ideal plan going forward. I think juliets is bad, and maybe trying to steer the vig away from her actual low-poster teammate.
What? Why in the world do you think I am bad? And what teammate are you talking about? I voted Penny when I thought INH was covered.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:57 pm Excuse me, I thought this indicated you don't find it easy to believe:
Kylemii wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm @juliets when you get a sec I'd be curious to hear what you think about my Epignosis theory
I see it as a possibility Kyle but if he is one of the two I lean to the round-faced independent. I just don't think he's bad.
but why
I think if he were bad he would have voted for me and tried to get others to as well. Also, it doesn't behoove him not to explain himself like his vote for you or address JJJ's points because it outwardly makes him look more suspicious. I think if he were bad he would try to look civ.
no, Juliets seemed certain that Epignosis couldn't be the unlynchable mafia role because if he were that role then he'd care that acting the way he did would make him more suspicious looking.

i think being especially hard to remove from the playing field would incentivize especially reckless tactics and gameplay choices that would ordinarily be really bad strategies, that's why i asked Juliets that question.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 777
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's almost time for Mac's favorite part of every day phase, when Jay changes his mind at the last minute. :grin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:57 pm Excuse me, I thought this indicated you don't find it easy to believe:
but why
no, Juliets seemed certain that Epignosis couldn't be the unlynchable mafia role because if he were that role then he'd care that acting the way he did would make him more suspicious looking.

i think being especially hard to remove from the playing field would incentivize especially reckless tactics and gameplay choices that would ordinarily be really bad strategies, that's why i asked Juliets that question.
Specifically, I thought if he was that role he would endeavor to look good so that people would lynch someone else - a civ hopefully.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:05 pm It's almost time for Mac's favorite part of every day phase, when Jay changes his mind at the last minute. :grin:
I can’t wait.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm Lynch Jack, vig INH. IF INH isn't bad, lynch juliets. That's my ideal plan going forward. I think juliets is bad, and maybe trying to steer the vig away from her actual low-poster teammate.
That's the feeling I got too from this post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You know what,

[VOTE: juliets] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Let's make it happen [mention]Long Con[/mention].

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

No love for the Marmot lynch? Meh.

[VOTE: JackofHearts] aubergine

Sorry Jack I get your point that Epi was giving up but I also think you slipped a little too easily on it. I made the same analysis of Epi last EoD and concluded he was giving up for reasons beyond this game. You went and lynched him for it. I admit I'm kind of sheeping on Jay here but his point is good.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Juliets had one of the most civilian-looking posts in the game IMO. Lemme grab it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:35 pm DDL voted for me for a stupid reason (like I owe him a Kylemii vote explanation), and if you vote for him, then that makes it 3-DDL, 4-Epi, which means you will be unlikely to be lynched, and I'm fine with that.
Oh gosh Epi I'm seeing DDL as town. I'm trying to understand what Jay is seeing in wolbre, thinking I may have missed something. If you have to vote for me go ahead, I understand and it's just a game.
This looks like a bonafide jan-yoo-wine townie to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

Gun to head reads on all players GO GO GO

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Let’s see that mind change, Jay...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm Let’s see that mind change, Jay...
It's always thinking!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 pm
Juliets said yes.
No.
One more person said no. Kyle just asked questions about it.

Why is this important? You’re talking about the nuance of a point that is part of an argument for why I didn’t see Epi as trying to avoid lynch.

Even if this is all debunked, Epi still said “I don’t care if I get lynched.”

You’re like arguing over if one play should have been considered a fumble or not looking at a bunch of camera angles and sub rules to see who won....but the score was 63 to 3.

Who cares?
I enjoy the minutae.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm Jackofhearts2005

Still think you and Mac are bad.

Still think Scotty, DDL, Juliets, LC are good.

Kyle trending down but that’s largely cause I want him to vote earlier.

Marmot gth town I guess.

Wolbre gth scum.

Dom, INH, PW nothing. One is veeeery likely bad due to odd kill/silence choices and people being opinionated about which one to lynch.

Who did I miss?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nova....deserves a read but I can’t remember any of their posts. Sorry.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hitman shouldn’t be full inactive cause Dizzy, while lame, is a strategic hit.

Think who would bus an inactive teammate and who wouldn’t.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pm

This just reads fake to me. Put most concisely while we're in the final stretch here:

What do you think Mac and I planned to do in BTSC entering this day phase?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pm

This just reads fake to me. Put most concisely while we're in the final stretch here:

What do you think Mac and I planned to do in BTSC entering this day phase?
:shrug:

Do you plan lynch setups beyond “X looks bad. I bet we can get him lynched today”?

I don’t.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 pm :shrug:

Do you plan lynch setups beyond “X looks bad. I bet we can get him lynched today”?

I don’t.
Do you think you looked bad? I sure as hell had no idea until I did my Epi-interaction reviews.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd like to ask that everyone who is here now please remain here through the deadline. It's only 20 minutes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I don’t.
Do you think you looked bad? I sure as hell had no idea until I did my Epi-interaction reviews.
Sure. I’m normally way more on top of stuff.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I don’t.
Hot potato wolbre04?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I don’t.
Hot potato wolbre04?
I know I’m good more than I know you’re bad.

I’m up for it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pmKyle trending down but that’s largely cause I want him to vote earlier.
voting with mere seconds to spare before the poll closes is the only way i can feel anything anymore
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: wolbre04] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:45 pm [VOTE: wolbre04] aubergine
Nobody reads this guy as a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pmKyle trending down but that’s largely cause I want him to vote earlier.
voting with mere seconds to spare before the poll closes is the only way i can feel anything anymore
Worst kink ever.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm
Worst kink ever.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm not supporting a hot potato.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

don't kinkshame me :\
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:46 pm I'm not supporting a hot potato.
Cool, why? Please answer quickly. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Following around my top scum read. Again.

I better be wrong about you or this is gonna go down as my worst town game.

[VOTE: Wolbre] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I like the Jack lynch. Hot potato isn't on my list of favourite things right now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:47 pm don't kinkshame me :\
I’ll send you the horse links I sent Epi.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:48 pm I like the Jack lynch. Hot potato isn't on my list of favourite things right now.
What do you think of wolbre?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:48 pm I like the Jack lynch. Hot potato isn't on my list of favourite things right now.
I still think you’re good. :why:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:47 pm Following around my top scum read. Again.

I better be wrong about you or this is gonna go down as my worst town game.

[VOTE: Wolbre] aubergine
If you're wrong about me wouldn't that contribute to a bad town game? :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

remind me the deal with wolbre
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 pm
What do you think of wolbre?
Scum lean.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm considering an alternate reality parallel universe wherein Long Con is Ganondorf and wolbre is that boss with the shield for a face that only takes damage from bombs.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We need a vote on [VOTE: Pennywise] aubergine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

in 30 words or less

Return to “Previous Side Missions”