Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Moderator: Community Team

Season 2?

Courage 2024: Naugthy Mafia Edition (Yes)
100%
Not getting out of this chair (No)
No votes
Blablabla when's Outpost starting (Pass)
No votes

Total votes: 10
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Re: [Night 3] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by insertnamehere »

Judge not, lest ye be judged
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 329

Re: [DAY 1] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden:
Golden wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:17 pm So we have this:
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 pm
sig wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 pm And im trying to feel like Epi and use complex things that make little sense to solve shush and let me have this moment. ;(
Maybe you should see if you an find a single instance of Epi catching baddies like that before you go whole hog on it.
I currently townread sig, but is LC the type to go after teammates like this?
Bet im right and that's why he went after me. :noble:

I'd say nutella is looking good so are the earlier voters on lc, whoever tied it, and golden. Ill need to reread vote but I'll bet we'll find mafia among the nutella voters
Don't give any credit to me. My vote was luck, I thought both looked town.
This is a pretty good look for Golden, imo. It feels honest, as do the rest of his posts on the matter, and while it would be hard for him to really take credit for the lynch, I do like this admission (while also tinfoilly disliking it for reasons I discussed in ... Blooper's ISO above? I dunno I'm doing too many of these at a time).

There's not a lot to go off of right now and I'm going to need to see more from him before I have a reason to read him badly.

Golden gets a SHRUG OF CONFIDENCE
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I'm taking a break from this, but I want people to really respond to these suspicions if they see things they like or disagree with strongly. I'm most curious in hearing what other people think about my tinfoil on Luna, if they can pin down Fractal in any way that I might have missed, and if they can provide insight on players where I indicated I couldn't.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

eeewwwaaaaaaahahhahhhsssaauuuuuuuuffffffhbbhvbbbggggggghhhhrockmusicnopleasestopthationlylikesmoothjazz :(
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Return the slab or suffer my curse.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: ♫♫♫ [Night 3] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Kylemii »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Ricochet[/mention] I didn't know there were videos in your posts? are the images links
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 240

Post by sig »

I'm liking Colin's lists so far and say I'd agree with him on everything including Luna. It's worth noting imo Luna and Frac aren't on the same team and neither is Speed or Frac.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:04 pm I'm liking Colin's lists so far and say I'd agree with him on everything including Luna. It's worth noting imo Luna and Frac aren't on the same team and neither is Speed or Frac.
I would love for you to substantiate these claims considering those are probably the consensus top 3 townreads from everyone if I'm reading the room correctly.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:08 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:04 pm I'm liking Colin's lists so far and say I'd agree with him on everything including Luna. It's worth noting imo Luna and Frac aren't on the same team and neither is Speed or Frac.
I would love for you to substantiate these claims considering those are probably the consensus top 3 townreads from everyone if I'm reading the room correctly.
I don't think both Speed and Frac would've voted on the same wagon yesterday if they were teammates and their interaction doesn't seem like w/w.

The luna thing is mainly gut.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Do you mean, if they were on the same Mafia team? Because I interpreted your statement as "One of Luna and Frac is scum" and "One of Speed and Frac are scum"
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Ricochet »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:02 pm @Ricochet I didn't know there were videos in your posts? are the images links
All my EoD posts (lynches and kills) have a YouTube video embedded in them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

AAAAAAAA NO PLEASE STOP THE HORRIBLE SOUNDS
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Ricochet[/mention] I try to watch the videos eventually when I get a chance sorry
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: [DAY 2] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by ColinIsCool »

Nutella:

I've already spoken on the initial nutella-hunting-Ramses thing, so no more of that.
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 pm Hmm I can't decide if I think LC missing the vote is at all alignment indicative. Your other points on him are decent though, like Kyle he needs to get more in the game and give us thoughts.
A prod. Something I believe she accused me of later.
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:42 pm You guys are making a mistake voting for me. I might not be right about speed or about lap for that matter but at least I am not holding back on stating an unpopular opinion. Why does that look bad?
Look at that last sentence. "Why does that look bad?" Is that a scumslip to your eyes? To mine, it could be. I don't remember if I said it in here or in Retro but I have a really bad tendency as scum to try and fight the shitty logic of someone's suspicions rather than their suspicion altogether when I am scum. That last sentence is, like, textbook doing that to me.
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 pm Let's lynch LC and if he's bad juliets is his teammate. That's my new theory of the game k
More fuel for my Lunalee tinfoil. :charlieblackmon:

Then there's her case on me. I don't think everyone who suspects me is scum, but I'm taken aback a little by what nutella decides is scummy. I'll give her the second quote but there's nothing suggestive scumminess to me about the third one (and I don't understand the charge of "ultimately unproductive") and she merely quotes my reaction to the flip with a negative smiley. Well, guess what bro, two can play at that game ...
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:08 pm Huh interesting. Rip juliets.
:evileye:

But is my doing that a real suspicion? Is it even accurate? What the hell does it even mean? It's an emoticon! It's not an argument, it's not a rationale, it's a near-Pavlovian suggestion that I'm bad. It's a nice try but it is the definition of meaningless content that looks like it has genuine belief behind it.

Honestly, though, the biggest tell for nutella here is very much what she is not doing. In Easter, I watched her battle her own self-doubt time and again as she offered up a ton of incompatible, discrete reads on targets, changing her mind and being consumed by the uncertainty that defines every townie experience. She rightfully admitted that that's the defining trait of her townie meta, even. In this game, she isn't doing that, at all. Maybe this is an unfair accusation to level against her, but go through her ISO and tell me if you see that or not. It suggests to me that she knows more than we do.

It's official folks. Strap yourselves in and start telling me why I'm tunnelling, because Nutella gets an I AM SENDING NUTELLA STRAIGHT TO HELL AT SOME POINT IN THIS GAME
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:02 pm @Ricochet I didn't know there were videos in your posts? are the images links
I thought those were just pictures :0 they're great
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Scotty 2 Hotty:
Scotty wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:17 pm You know what, I’m [VOTE: Colin] aubergine. He’s not the lowest poster but I think he’s using the idea of low/no posters on D1 as the safe route and his reasoning doesn’t even make sense
I don't agree with his conclusion but I do see why Scotty would be skeezed out by me D1. I wasn't really into the swing of things and wasn't taking my vote too seriously, which is maybe at odds with what he or others think of my town meta as. His later comments on my "duplicity" continue to move me in this direction. I don't see a scum Scotty hammering me for no reason if people don't take the bait better, so his vote yesterday on me makes him look the best, easily, of the first three I highlighted.
Scotty wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 am @Scotty Why is nutella still alive?
Because I didn’t get around to killing her. Sorry, forgot.

Also don’t see nutella as bad based on how the lynch yesterday shook out but I also haven’t caught up the last 3 pages. I’d rather join the LC wagon

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
:shrug:
Scotty wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 pm Juliets was most likely the recipient of the Dino with the racket. I saw someone questioning why she would be targeted and the answer to me is randomization. There’s no other reason to target her IMO.

So the dino probably knows who the actual kill target was.
Like I said I don't really agree with this notion, but I want others to weigh in.

Scotty is a lean, lean town to me. He gets a LEAN SLIMFAST MICROWAVE DINNER
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 pm
I thought they were just the courage theme song. :rip

Yeah they're really good!
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I also disagree on the Dino theory. First if it was the case I'd expect whoever it was to have been doing a major in your phase push of the player last phase since they redirected a mafia kill onto someone else.

I also don't think JUliet would've been the target there are two reasons she was killed either
1. she was onto something
2. She's a strong civ player, someone else mentioned U-Pick as reasoning which I agree with.

I'd disagree on your Scotty read, I found him to be the weakest LC vote and his reasoning for switching off of Colin wasn't good. He spent a fair portion of D1 and D3 trying to get rid of you only to switch to Vomp last second.
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Ricochet »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 pm
I thought they were just the courage theme song. :rip

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Colin literally what? I have absolutely been changing my mind a bunch this game. You're twisting me into what you want to see.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sig:
sig wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 pm OKAY SO! Alot of players didn't seem to do the requirement to tell a spooky story. Meaning they didn't read the rules smh at all those players :p

However, if a mafia member spotted this rule I'd imagine they'd post about it in their BTSC which would cause the rest of their team to follow it. SO I suggest we take a few seconds to look at the people who posted their spooky story in there first post and keep an eye on them for suspicious behavior.

Thoughts?
We've talked a lot about this little idea and I'm not sure where I stand on it. Whether it's a good idea or not is irrelevant; what is relevant is his motivation to do it. From the get-go sig is in game solving, "here's a big idea" mode. Does it look genuine? Is that something sig does as a townie, or is he less inclined to gamesolving like this? Someone else fill me in. Sig himself kinda does:
sig wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 am The idea behind it is that I'm more tactical as scum and wanna look civvie so I read the rules since I care more about looking high speed/sup town.
Now Ik not everyone is like that and some civs read the rules but I've not read the rules as a civ since like my first few games here. :shrug:
Kinda funny how that describes exactly what he's apparently talking about so maybe it is not a scum tell. I don't know.
sig wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 pm Though nutella seems a bit less in your face then she was in Upick and other recent games, so i'd say that's a bad look. Though she's busy so I'd not want to lynch her yet and she's exhibiting some civ meta.

linki: Agreed
I called up the linguistics department at the University of Buffalo and got myself a sig translator, who said this says "Nutella is bad, but, actually, Nutella is good." I told the professor I didn't understand that, but they told me they were just an imaginary device I was using to write this post.
sig wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm I actually don't like TH play that much so far. He's being less off the wall, its almost like he's trying to copy that meta.
Except that earlier in the game sig called out TH for meme-ing too much because he associates it with his scum meta ... (or am I reading this wrong? My sig translator has gone on strike demanding that the philosophy department chair be drawn and quartered.)

I feel mostly good about the third page of sig's ISO onwards, but I am taken aback again at how much he just throws reads around all willy nilly. On one hand I think a town sig understands himself completely even if I don't, but on the other hand, I wouldn't put it past sig to use this perception to his advantage and make his posts contradictory in an attempt to confuse his opponents.
sig wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:42 pm No the dino is a civ ignore me
This in particular is either a scummer playing dumb in the thread or a genuine mistake on sig's part, and I'm inclined to take the latter.

I kinda think sig is good. He gets the GREEN BADGE OF KINDA THINK HE'S GOOD but I do leave open the possibility that I'm wrong about this one.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm Colin literally what? I have absolutely been changing my mind a bunch this game. You're twisting me into what you want to see.
Could be. I would like someone else's input.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Lunalee »

Colin, I like the effort you're putting in right now. You've given me a lot of content to mull over, and I like it. However, I do have a lot to say about your analysis of myself. Short answer: I'm not scum. I'll quote your original post to expound on that.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Golden »

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Speedchuck:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine I have no idea why, I just wanted to not be on Dom for a minute.
Absolutely no reason for a scum speedchuck to do this. Like, absolutely none at all, unless he has also been dispatched to play with my thought processes. I might as well stop my ISO here.

I find his thought process struggling with nutella early on to be genuine. I find pretty much everything he says to be genuine. I came in with a paranoia and still maintain a healthy dose of it, but I struggle to actually substantiate it.

I maintain that since I am town and Vompatti was town, he also has no reason to switch the lynch from me to someone that nobody else can read if he is scum. The Fractal challenge has also been laid down for speedchuck, as I give him a I'M GETTING TIRED BUT HE'S TOWN
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 303

Post by speedchuck »

King Ramses wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 pm
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Can someone else compile a list of the people reacting to Ramses now and cross reference it with the list of people reacting to him in the previous phases as such
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: [DAY 2] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 pm Honestly, though, the biggest tell for nutella here is very much what she is not doing. In Easter, I watched her battle her own self-doubt time and again as she offered up a ton of incompatible, discrete reads on targets, changing her mind and being consumed by the uncertainty that defines every townie experience. She rightfully admitted that that's the defining trait of her townie meta, even. In this game, she isn't doing that, at all. Maybe this is an unfair accusation to level against her, but go through her ISO and tell me if you see that or not. It suggests to me that she knows more than we do.

It's official folks. Strap yourselves in and start telling me why I'm tunnelling, because Nutella gets an I AM SENDING NUTELLA STRAIGHT TO HELL AT SOME POINT IN THIS GAME
I came at it from that angle back on d2 and came to the exact opposite conclusion. :shrug2: I'll give it a relook tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

For ease of reading, I'll just color my comments like this.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:33 am Lunalee:

Luna's first pingy moment comes when she does this D1, after saying that she didn't like the idea at all and sort of walking it back but not really:
Lunalee wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am I'm going to [VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine because I think it would be cool to try a randomized day one lynch, and DDL is the next one down on the poll who needs a vote.
She looks throughout D1 as if she is hoping somebody will just tell her to vote for so that she doesn't have to come up with a reason she knows is fake based on almost nothing. It's a perennial scum dilemma and not everybody handles it so well.
Okay, you're not wrong here. I hate day one lynches. It takes time for me to get a read on people, and on day one I sort of hope for any easy scum-tell to go off of.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:07 pm Part of the problem with my nutella pings is I notice them almost right off the bat - maybe not her first post but by her second or third I'm feeling uneasy. This time I haven't had that feeling at all. I'm not saying it's AI because I seem to be pinged by her when she is good and bad. Because I'm not pinged this time I'm neutral on her.
This post feels like teammates.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:13 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:55 pm So why are you voting Dom and not nutella?
Dom pinged me for other reasons. I've explained them earlier. Tonal meta.
@Marmot I may switch to Dom. I trust speedchuck is town, and he has a better read on Dom's meta than I do.
This post feels like bandwagoning.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm Agree here and if speed suspects Luna he's probably onto something
This post also feels like bandwagoning.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm My later posts say the opposite.

I've been burned too many times by Luna for underestimating her. I will not be doing that this game.
This post feels like legit frustration.

Gotta love couples in mafia games. So much delicious WIFOM to analyse, from themselves and others.
juliets wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:05 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:40 pm
lapluie wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:13 pm

I think all the votes for her came before she complained about the beans.
Yeah seriously somebody explain to me why??? Barely said anything that looked sus yet I'm accused
I voted for you by default for not posting. Idk why others did.
I voted for the same reason lap. But now you are posting so I'm going to move my vote to the lowest poster nova who as far as I can see just posted his story and has posted nothing else. He was a low poster in a recent game I just played and was bad.

[VOTE: novaselinever] aubergine
This post feels like really lazy.

Civ Juliets is not lazy iirc.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 pm INH’s post tonally was so false to me that I don’t think I’ll be defaulting to nova.
I dunno about Dom. Hard to read I guess.
Epignosis is not in this game but if he was I feel like he's have stuff to nitpick about this word usage.

I think.

I guess.
I want to clarify something about my town meta, DDL. When I'm town I'm a lot more adventurous with my posts, sometimes at the risk of getting lynched early. Also If I were on a scum team with Marmot, I would not be communicating with him in thread like this, I would use our BTSC. I'm insulted that you think I would be that obvious.
Anybody else think the "I'm insulted" bit looks a little heavy-handed? As in, are you really?

The biggest thing in Luna's favor, imo, is that she essentially built the case against Long Con and deserves credit for his lynch. It's possible that the team made a conscious decision to bus him, and Luna did a fair amount of bussing in U-Pick as I recall, so we should examine whether those reasons are contrived:
If this was planned, it would be an amazing, well thought out scum-play. And those kinds of things just aren't very likely. Sometimes the simplest solution, is in fact correct.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am Long Con seems more excited about screaming at the music videos than posting real content, so I'm going to look at him for a second.

He shoots down sig's proposition on day 1, but come on, who didn't.
He missed the day one vote.
He ended up on DDL's list of screaming banshees, but I'm not convinced that means anything.
Put off replying to sig with what he thought about the day 1 lynch.
Continues to scream back at King Ramses
Asks speedchuck and Kylmii why they voted for him (on what I assume was the day one poll?).

Overall feel on Long Con: He seems lazy in this game, and not very helpful. I give him a read of probably scum.
Ask yourself this: looking at the same pieces of evidence, would you come to the conclusion that Long Con is "probably scum"? I sure wouldn't, but I want other people to know. If Luna is scum, this is incredibly crafty of her, but insufficient reasoning would betray her here. It's made even more complicated by the fact that she reads sig later on with more stuff to go off of but is hesitant to give him as convicting a sentence. Hmm hmm hmm.

I thought I gave them the same consensus, but I deemed sig "could possibly be scum." It mean's "IDK." If you remember, I wasn't even confident enough in my Long Con analysis to leave my vote on him.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:11 pm From what I see of nutella's posts, she is very set on getting speed lynched. And speed is trying very hard in this game, which makes him a threat to town mafia. I don't like that look on nutella. She also seems needlessly concerned with the King Ramses sock puppet account. At this point I don't see a reason to be concerned with a sock puppet account that posts random weird videos. And she's voting Lapluie, who I'm also looking at. So they are probably not team mates.

Lapluie looks like low-hanging fruit to me right now. She had a bit of a slow start, and appears to be struggling to keep up. I don't have reason to think she's not town, and I don't want to lynch her today, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on her.

In fact, after looking at lapluie's posts, if just makes nutella seem that much more scummy for jumping from speed to lapluie. It's like she realized speed wasn't going down easy, so she found a easier target.
This post though does ring true as far as what I know about Luna's town meta. It's a perfect 1:1 replica of her town thinking if she is not actually town, at least as I understand it.

The tinfoil is strong with this one. The tinfoil, pending further discussion, says Luna is on a scumteam with Long Con and they're playing a long con of their own by sacrificing him to earn our trust, and Luna was the point man carrying it out. The evidence does not directly confirm the tinfoil though and I have to say there are proooooooobably more town points than scum ones.

If you need this much tin foil to see me as scum, then it is a far reach. I recommend you take it off.

Lunalee has earned a RED BADGE OF COURAGE (BUT POTENTIALLY RED IN A REALLY BAD WAY, LIKE RED = SCUM)
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turbup Head, First of His Name, Last of His Race, Destroyer of Worlds, Eternal Flame of My Heart:
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 am So can we discuss Day 0 poll results?
ummm hello, Con. What's up, do you have something worth offering for trade, or what? :kadaj:
:shrug: Dunno if TH goes out of his way to engage teammates or not.

His playstyle is identical to U-Pick. My unsubstantiated belief was that he was a little less engaged with the overall direction of the thread from what I remember in u-Pick, but I don't find that to be the case and I think I'm conflating his performance right now with his performance there in endgame, two very different things. I do think his vote for me is a little lazy, but I don't know if it's uncharacteristic.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 am
Fractal wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am [VOTE: lapluie] aubergine

I'm gonna start here since my earlier suspicions never really faded. But I'm fine lynching Vomp/T.H too based on how the day turns out. Cya later
This seems... easy. Too easy for a gamesolver, too easy for you, Fracker. Cuz I see you, I see you out here tryna supatown. It feels, to me, like you should be pressing against your more vocal suspects, myself included.
I agreed with this observation the first time I read it, at least, so there's something.

Aside from that, TH has mostly engaged in silliness and attesting a love of Vompatti, so there's not much else to go off.

TH gets the HOMIES 4 LIFE LEAN TOWN VOMPATTI MEMORIAL ENDORSEMENT
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Luna I want to believe you, but I also want to believe that I am fucking brilliant and capable of cracking a game open like this *fingersnap*
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

note to self check google to see if there's a "red badge of courage the cowardly dog" fan fiction crossover where courage fights in the civil war and becomes a deserter
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

SO ANYWAYS if I had to give you a list of all that, as it stands now ...

Fractal
Speedchuck
Lunalee
Scotty
Blooper
Sig
Turnip Head
Golden
Marmot
Kyle
Insertnamehere
Nutella

? Lapluie

And I realized doing this that I townread ALMOST EVERYBODY! WOW! THAT WAS NOT HELPFUL! WHAT THE FUCK!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My tinfoil scumteam:

Long Con
Lunalee
nutella
Kylemii or sig

My real life scumteam:

Long Con
Nutella
insertnamehere
:shrug:

Wish I had better conclusions, but hopefully I've given people stuff to think about.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Don't expect me to supertown like that again until we get one of Long Con's teammates, I've left it all on the field for now.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

What I'm saying is, I'm kind of like the Peyton Manning of playing Mafia.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 pm Luna I want to believe you, but I also want to believe that I am fucking brilliant and capable of cracking a game open like this *fingersnap*
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 pm What I'm saying is, I'm kind of like the Peyton Manning of playing Mafia.
I know you think you're brilliant Colin, but calm down buddy.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t know if I’ve ever led a successful lynch on a scum in a game without being the cop, tbh
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm I don’t know if I’ve ever led a successful lynch on a scum in a game without being the cop, tbh
Speaking of which, if the cop is still alive, they need to get in here and push some suspicions if they have gotten any scum checks.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 pm Luna I want to believe you, but I also want to believe that I am fucking brilliant and capable of cracking a game open like this *fingersnap*
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 pm What I'm saying is, I'm kind of like the Peyton Manning of playing Mafia.
I know you think you're brilliant Colin, but calm down buddy.
:haha:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

AAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :sigh:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Geaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhh :omg: :wall:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:31 pm Can someone else compile a list of the people reacting to Ramses now and cross reference it with the list of people reacting to him in the previous phases as such
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

AAAGH PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAYYYY
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:09 pm AAAGH PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAYYYY
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: WHY DOES IT HAVE TO TAUNT US SOOOOOOO
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Ramses, got anything by The Eagles? I hate the fuckin’ Eagles.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaiuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Return to “Previous Side Missions”