Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 42

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
"LIKE!"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
"Owner and Helper" sounds like a kinky category of fanfic that I don't want anywhere near me but anyway I can see it :ponder:
"LIKE!"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
PLAYER SALAD! Great catch, and an even greater image used. Took me a sec, at first I thought the women represented the accused players laughing at the accuser. Which was fun too.

Player salad is a proven finder of baddies. Even the last game I was in, I accused Luna of it, and she was bad.
Ah, yes, Player Salad! That mafia term that we all definitely know/remember the definition of. But, y'know, just for shit and/or giggles, could you please define that term?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm officially playing RDR2 for the rest of today. Catch you mudbloods on the flippy floppy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:11 pm I'm officially playing RDR2 for the rest of today. Catch you mudbloods on the flippy floppy.
Skin a coyote for me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:42 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 am
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
Agree
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 pm I feel different than I did in the game you scum read me, but you scum read me in this game as well.
Yay!! You actually understood me. That is correct.

Yes, it might be weird to some, but I guess I'm waiting for you to do something to prove me wrong. I can't explain what that is, but I'll know it when I see it...if it even happens though, which it might not.
Pretty sure Owner is town.
mmm I guess I agree looking at that post again
Nutella, you're agreeing with me too much, and it's starting to weird me out.
You're my other head bby :cloud9: Unless you're bad but I have an excellent history of catching you when you are so don't worry ;)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:58 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:29 am Or in my mind, both relate to the one who isn't to be named. The Deathly Hallows wouldn't exist without the dark arts I think.
:confused2: I didn't read this book.

Feel like you're trying to overexplain here. Why else would you make up that connection? The Deathly Hallows have nothing to do with Voldy, nor were they created using Dark Arts. Nor are they used with Dark Arts.
I didn't read the books and only saw the final movies once. How much do you retain on your first viewing of a movie?
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 pm
This really looks like Owner both is scum and has a Deathly Hallow and got mixed up cause it was altogether in their role card.

It's also possible that they're just confused because the ruleset is really confusing.
Could you walk me through how this makes sense to you?
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:42 pm A bit more, befor I have to run. I'm liking the chatter for q day 1. Day 1 has always been weak for me, so im glad some players are so good at getting it going.

I asked Owner if he's played with DH before, don't think he answered? If I did, owner, please shoot out.
Only once, if memory serves, I assume DH hasn't played elsewhere or played under another name.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Also, what's a Player Salad? This terminology is new to me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:58 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:29 am Or in my mind, both relate to the one who isn't to be named. The Deathly Hallows wouldn't exist without the dark arts I think.
:confused2: I didn't read this book.

Feel like you're trying to overexplain here. Why else would you make up that connection? The Deathly Hallows have nothing to do with Voldy, nor were they created using Dark Arts. Nor are they used with Dark Arts.
I didn't read the books and only saw the final movies once. How much do you retain on your first viewing of a movie?
lol I retained almost nothing of the HP movies. Thanks for clarifying.

Depends on the movie though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fuckin data disk downloading

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:52 pm Okay, so reading owner's iso, I'd say he really and oddly blindered onto DH very early, and for what seems like entirely prev-game reasons. This allows him to talk a lot about suspicions towards sh, but without having to defend anything he says because, hey, is based on last game. And when pressed about it, he just versions of iunno I just feel it...

This can be a baddie move, but it can also just be blindering which ive done in the past. Those who know owner well, do you get any kind of alignment read from this angle?
Sadly, I can read this post both ways. Slight town maybe if I try to not be paranoid. I guess I'm debating if you would question others about how to read me or if you would just come to a conclusion yourself.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 pm Also, what's a Player Salad? This terminology is new to me.
It's new to everyone.

A few games ago, we found a new scumtell. Scum players, in order to look productive, throw out some reads on other players. Not everyone, but also nobody specific. Nothing substantial, and little to follow up on. Just some light poking at some of the names in the thread, in a way that looks like it's generating content.

Something similar to that. I haven't seen it defined that well, but we've caught scum with it.

The smattering of player reads without substance was coined as 'player salad' by someone.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 pm
lol I retained almost nothing of the HP movies. Thanks for clarifying.

Depends on the movie though.
I played the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC game a bunch. I have probably seen the first 5 movies the most. What I remember from the movies 6 and up, take with a grain of salt. If memory serves, I watched the Deathly Hollows thing back to back.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

So...I haven’t finished reading the setup.

Convince me to change my vote.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:51 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 pm Also, what's a Player Salad? This terminology is new to me.
It's new to everyone.

A few games ago, we found a new scumtell. Scum players, in order to look productive, throw out some reads on other players. Not everyone, but also nobody specific. Nothing substantial, and little to follow up on. Just some light poking at some of the names in the thread, in a way that looks like it's generating content.

Something similar to that. I haven't seen it defined that well, but we've caught scum with it.

The smattering of player reads without substance was coined as 'player salad' by someone.
I wouldn't say it's new or just a few games ago. It's been part of common syndicate parlance for at least a year methinks.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm Fuckin data disk downloading
Muggle?
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

It's new to everyone.

I kind of do this, but usually, I have some reasoning for the reads I give, even if I don't say it. Mostly, I have the coffee/excuse tell. And the mind meld tells to go by.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm Fuckin data disk downloading
Muggle?
:(

ImageImage
ImageImage
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 pm
This really looks like Owner both is scum and has a Deathly Hallow and got mixed up cause it was altogether in their role card.

It's also possible that they're just confused because the ruleset is really confusing.
Could you walk me through how this makes sense to you?
Sure thing!

Basically, if a Death Eater had a Deathly Hallow, it would appear on their Role Card after all of their normal abilities. In the rules, the Deathly Hallow follows after the Dark Arts explanations, so it would be easy to confusedly think that Deathly Hallow was related to Dark Arts.

After you explained that you're not quite familiar with the Deathly Hallows, I think it's more likely that you're just confused. Which is perfectly fine, since "Deathly Hallows" is a confusing name to begin with. Thanks Rowling.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thank you Owner for proving more thoroughly than I have ever been able to do that "meta" is a made up buzzword that means nothing and is nothing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If inh is a vampire, the word "meta" is garlic or sunlight
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dh too lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pm If inh is a vampire, the word "meta" is garlic or sunlight
I'm attempting to be "open" to other "strategies" of "playing" "mafia."

The sarcasm in this post was meant sarcastically. As in, self-mockery.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pmDh too lol
I'm Strahd Von Zarovich.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

New strategy: be the last to vote for every player and get all the deathly hallows. Probably secrets say “If you do this, you just win.”
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm Thank you Owner for proving more thoroughly than I have ever been able to do that "meta" is a made up buzzword that means nothing and is nothing.
Metaread: Scum DH says things like this.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:08 pm New strategy: be the last to vote for every player and get all the deathly hallows. Probably secrets say “If you do this, you just win.”
This was my strategy first.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
Probably not on DH cause I'm stubborn, but I am trying to take some leaps in faith elsewhere. I would probably need to do a meta dive in past scum DH game to change my mind. Luna and Colin, I might listen to, but I like having proof.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:09 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm Thank you Owner for proving more thoroughly than I have ever been able to do that "meta" is a made up buzzword that means nothing and is nothing.
I say things like that every game all the time even when I'm not playing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:08 pm New strategy: be the last to vote for every player and get all the deathly hallows. Probably secrets say “If you do this, you just win.”
Stupid alternate universe me.

I’ll just shove you at EOD.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:10 pm
Ftr, that’s was a joke.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Civ DH certainly does.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm
It's new to everyone.

I wouldn't say it's new or just a few games ago. It's been part of common syndicate parlance for at least a year methinks.
That idea for catching scum has been around for years plural, its something I called people out for successfully several times. I just didn't think it had a name lol.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 pm
Ftr, that’s was a joke.
Scum Jack makes jokes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Meta means more than interesting does though.

Off to work, have fun without me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

That's was also's an jokeses
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ftr, that’s was a joke.
I'm a joke.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:12 pm
Meta means more than interesting does though.

Off to work, have fun without me.
I bet you think coffee is interesting :dark:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:52 pm Okay, so reading owner's iso, I'd say he really and oddly blindered onto DH very early, and for what seems like entirely prev-game reasons. This allows him to talk a lot about suspicions towards sh, but without having to defend anything he says because, hey, is based on last game. And when pressed about it, he just versions of iunno I just feel it...

This can be a baddie move, but it can also just be blindering which ive done in the past. Those who know owner well, do you get any kind of alignment read from this angle?
Sadly, I can read this post both ways. Slight town maybe if I try to not be paranoid. I guess I'm debating if you would question others about how to read me or if you would just come to a conclusion yourself.
Well I guess the real question is, what would someone who has barely played for years do in trying to read a player he doesn't know, but ask about them? And beyond that, where would an alignment tell be? Which brings me back to you talking a whole lot but really saying nothing much at all...
My siggie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:09 pm
Stupid alternate universe me.

I’ll just shove you at EOD.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:23 pm I'd rather tank the house points and be the last person to dogpile on any given lynch. For reasons.

If anyone else thinks like me, the EOD is gonna be like
Welcome to the pile, Jack. ;) :dark: :shifty: :grin:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Never Tickle Sleeping Dragons.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bullzeye »

Spent this whole weekend playing Red Dead, didn't have time for mafia. One has to prioritise in these situations! Catching up now :)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:12 pm
Ftr, that’s was a joke.
Scum Jack makes jokes
True. So does town Jack.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Poll time is always my time, right? Like time zones are applied.

I should know this by now.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Bullzeye wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:35 pm Spent this whole weekend playing Red Dead, didn't have time for mafia. One has to prioritise in these situations! Catching up now :)
Bullzeye and DH not w/w :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”