Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Lunalee »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:49 pm
Spoiler: show
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm I just read through INH and I don't see any reason to call him a civ. There wasn't a lot there and he seems to be missing after saying he would try to be here more on day 2. Low performing INH in my experience = bad INH. I could see a vote there unless I'm missing some good reason not to.
alrighty now catching up, but literally popped into the most recent page to post about how I'm townreading Kara the most and wishing that JJJ was in one of his moody self-loathing moods instead of his SUUUUUUUUUPATOWN (PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS I SPEAK) moods. Not sure if/how that impacts his alignment, but he's certainly TALKING VERY LOUD, and making GRAND SWEEPING DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO PLAY MAFIA. It's like he tried posting differently on D1, got a negative response, then reverted back to his standard shtick.

Then, I see this stupid post by Juliets. Juliets, you're a lovely person, and a wonderful fixture in this community, but this is like the second game that you've pushed this weird forced "low-posting INH = bad INH" thing. It's dumb. I'm at a point in my life where my mafia time is limited. I have just finished another game, and started the sign up process for a game that I'm hosting. Yesterday was a holiday. This thread is, in standard Full Job fashion, too damn long. There's no way that I could be whatever the fuck you'd call a "high performing INH" right now. My level of activity is dependent on the length/density of the thread, the amount of games I'm concurrently playing/hosting, and the things happening in my life. Not what alignment I am. So, please kindly stop pushing this idea. It irks me.

Still have like 6 pages to get through. Will continually update with more commentary.

PS: Day 1's are, have been, and always will be random garbage-y crapshoots barring major fuckery.
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:25 pm Okay, inh is town
Nutella is too quick to buy INH's response. I get that he's busy and has limited time for mafia. But when he does have time to post, his content still pings me as not fully genuine. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but giving commentary on what's happening in the game, giving out fluffy/non reads, defending your own meta, and using the "busy" excuse, however true it may be, just makes me more inclined to suspect that you are scum.
So far INH's reads are Kara is town, JJJ looks a "tad suspicious," and Owner should be lynched.
I currently think Kara looks suspicious, and see no reason to town read him. Sort of agree with the JJJ thing, and disagree that Owner should be lynched.
well gee wilikers, I'm sorry that my opinions aren't enough for you Luna. Not sure where the hell you got the "fluffy non-reads" from. Scumreading JJJ, Owner, and Juliets currently. Townreading Kara, because her responses to folks attacking her sound hella genuine to me. Apologies that my ""busy" excuse" just makes you more inclined to scumread me. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion.

If you want to unduly dismiss everything I've said in this game and view it in the most negative possible light for no other substantive reason other than "I'm a skeptic," then, well, you can certainly choose to do that.
Okay, but how do you feel about nutella's quick acceptance that you must be town based on your response?
Not great in the context of her quick condemnation of me earlier. Then again, you were the one who started the whole condemnation conga, based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread.
Hey, I've noticed scum make long but meaningless posts by providing commentary on the thread before, so when I saw a hint of that in your posts, it set off alarm bells. But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:05 pm LC = scrotum ... I am not entirely sure what that means.
I've been called out as scum before but I gotta say, I've never been called out as scrotum before.

Must mean I'm a better mafia player than @Long Con :slick:
I'm just a big ol' ballsack, yup. But I'm a Civ ballsack.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm For real though Lunalee is hecka scum
And I was feeling quite proud of my scum-hunting today. :pout:
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm For real though Lunalee is hecka scum
Who do you suspect again?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 42

Post by insertnamehere »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm I just read through INH and I don't see any reason to call him a civ. There wasn't a lot there and he seems to be missing after saying he would try to be here more on day 2. Low performing INH in my experience = bad INH. I could see a vote there unless I'm missing some good reason not to.
alrighty now catching up, but literally popped into the most recent page to post about how I'm townreading Kara the most and wishing that JJJ was in one of his moody self-loathing moods instead of his SUUUUUUUUUPATOWN (PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS I SPEAK) moods. Not sure if/how that impacts his alignment, but he's certainly TALKING VERY LOUD, and making GRAND SWEEPING DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO PLAY MAFIA. It's like he tried posting differently on D1, got a negative response, then reverted back to his standard shtick.

Then, I see this stupid post by Juliets. Juliets, you're a lovely person, and a wonderful fixture in this community, but this is like the second game that you've pushed this weird forced "low-posting INH = bad INH" thing. It's dumb. I'm at a point in my life where my mafia time is limited. I have just finished another game, and started the sign up process for a game that I'm hosting. Yesterday was a holiday. This thread is, in standard Full Job fashion, too damn long. There's no way that I could be whatever the fuck you'd call a "high performing INH" right now. My level of activity is dependent on the length/density of the thread, the amount of games I'm concurrently playing/hosting, and the things happening in my life. Not what alignment I am. So, please kindly stop pushing this idea. It irks me.

Still have like 6 pages to get through. Will continually update with more commentary.

PS: Day 1's are, have been, and always will be random garbage-y crapshoots barring major fuckery.
Nutella is too quick to buy INH's response. I get that he's busy and has limited time for mafia. But when he does have time to post, his content still pings me as not fully genuine. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but giving commentary on what's happening in the game, giving out fluffy/non reads, defending your own meta, and using the "busy" excuse, however true it may be, just makes me more inclined to suspect that you are scum.
So far INH's reads are Kara is town, JJJ looks a "tad suspicious," and Owner should be lynched.
I currently think Kara looks suspicious, and see no reason to town read him. Sort of agree with the JJJ thing, and disagree that Owner should be lynched.
well gee wilikers, I'm sorry that my opinions aren't enough for you Luna. Not sure where the hell you got the "fluffy non-reads" from. Scumreading JJJ, Owner, and Juliets currently. Townreading Kara, because her responses to folks attacking her sound hella genuine to me. Apologies that my ""busy" excuse" just makes you more inclined to scumread me. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion.

If you want to unduly dismiss everything I've said in this game and view it in the most negative possible light for no other substantive reason other than "I'm a skeptic," then, well, you can certainly choose to do that.
Okay, but how do you feel about nutella's quick acceptance that you must be town based on your response?
Not great in the context of her quick condemnation of me earlier. Then again, you were the one who started the whole condemnation conga, based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread.
Hey, I've noticed scum make long but meaningless posts by providing commentary on the thread before, so when I saw a hint of that in your posts, it set off alarm bells. But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?
But that's not what I did, Luna.

Let me explain: you started the "condemnation conga" by jumping on JJJ's weak case against me with vague-ass reasoning. Then, Nutella jumps on board, then off board. Y'all both don't look great.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:35 pm
INH. have you read any of my posts?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 pm I'm also pretty damn sure that I already confronted Juliets about this in the last game we played together when she brought it up.

Bit scummy to be using it once again as an excuse to hop onto a bandwagon, with more or less the same wording/justification. Was she hoping I forgot I already debunked this?
I don't recall you debunking it but I do recall you were MIA for a good chunk of GOC where you were bad and also the game after that, I can't remember the game, where you were bad. So I'm wary of the behavior.I have no recollection of your telling me what you told me here. I meant no offense.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Let me explain: you started the "condemnation conga" by jumping on JJJ's weak case against me with vague-ass reasoning. Then, Nutella jumps on board, then off board. Y'all both don't look great.
Good thing I don't care too much about how I look. I added on to JJJ's case on you because I saw scummy behavior. I didn't just copy it and go, "yeah, I buy it."
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:35 pm
INH. have you read any of my posts?
I read the one where you laughed at my joke and the other one where TH was like "I feel bad about lynching people D1" and you were like "Yeah, I feel bad about lynching townies."

Now that I think about it, that might not be that suspicious.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:37 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 pm I'm also pretty damn sure that I already confronted Juliets about this in the last game we played together when she brought it up.

Bit scummy to be using it once again as an excuse to hop onto a bandwagon, with more or less the same wording/justification. Was she hoping I forgot I already debunked this?
I don't recall you debunking it but I do recall you were MIA for a good chunk of GOC where you were bad and also the game after that, I can't remember the game, where you were bad. So I'm wary of the behavior.I have no recollection of your telling me what you told me here. I meant no offense.
Outpost 31?

Chickachicka 123?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:38 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Good thing I don't care too much about how I look. I added on to JJJ's case on you because I saw scummy behavior. I didn't just copy it and go, "yeah, I buy it."
You brought up some lame stuff about "commentary" which doesn't even track to my posts. You did the bare minimum.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I like his Milo Garret avatar, though.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Activity level is just an OT idea to me, so the idea that someone's bringing it into the game and attempting to use it against me kinda pisses me off. Do you want me to find games where I was a low poster and civilian just to get this idea solidified in your mind?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
:sigh:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
Then why are you voting me?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I like his Milo Garret avatar, though.
LOL, so Speed and I started watching The Genius recently, and we were like, "Wait, is that INH's avatar?"
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:05 pm LC = scrotum ... I am not entirely sure what that means.
I've been called out as scum before but I gotta say, I've never been called out as scrotum before.

Must mean I'm a better mafia player than @Long Con :slick:
I'm just a big ol' ballsack, yup. But I'm a Civ ballsack.
too many balls, i propose more triangles
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:51 pm too many balls, i propose more triangles
;-)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Activity level is just an OT idea to me, so the idea that someone's bringing it into the game and attempting to use it against me kinda pisses me off. Do you want me to find games where I was a low poster and civilian just to get this idea solidified in your mind?
No thats ok. I believe you. I just had two experiences in a row where it was true and thats what made it stick with me. I will remember this conversation in future games.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Who is bad Juliets?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Then why are you voting me?
Cause that's not my actual strategy. And I haven't decided where to vote instead.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

The Jack and Mac attack is back. Leggoooo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm The Jack and Mac attack is back. Leggoooo.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 am
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 amKylemii Nice to be playing with you again! We’ve never quite connected in any game we’ve played previously so this might be the first. Tell me, what do you think of Quin?
hello!

quin is taking a more active approach to this game than I'm used to seeing him take, in the sort of jabby punch way that he does, which on the surface level looks good to me.

wbu?
I’d say that is a remarkably accurate assessment of his contributions so far. I’d be more cautious than you however in jumping to any conclusion about that suggesting that he is ‘good’. Having said that, I’m not sure that my meta/tonal reads even apply here anymore - as I alluded to this morning, things seem very different here now than they were when I used to play. Take Epi for example - I don’t remember him ever being so low key as he appears this game. I was thinking that looked a little out of the ordinary but maybe he’s changed his approach?
It's called "work is a cluster." Over 25 teachers out for the second day in a row.

While the police and principal were investigating a freshman who apparently had weed on him, a group of seniors tried to hijack and race their golf carts.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm Who is bad Juliets?
I am striking out on finding people that are bad. It seems like if I suspect someone they just turn around and say I'm bad - that used to be unacceptable (Bullz did not do that to his credit). I am about to read Luna, timmer, and Soneji because I haven't paid much attention to two of them (timmer and Sonji , and I can't remember all the positions Luna has taken. I'll let you know when I find someone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I was just waiting for reassurance so I could [VOTE: Glor] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 am Testing out new secret code.

Bogarts Only Obliviate Basilisks Slytherin
Agreed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 pm
I am striking out on finding people that are bad. It seems like if I suspect someone they just turn around and say I'm bad - that used to be unacceptable (Bullz did not do that to his credit). I am about to read Luna, timmer, and Soneji because I haven't paid much attention to two of them (timmer and Sonji , and I can't remember all the positions Luna has taken. I'll let you know when I find someone.
Hey Jules, I had a look at Lunas posts last night, only some of them are in my iso, the ones I thought were relevant, but if you're looking at Luna, feel free to browse then.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 pm I find it funny when people say things like "Bullzeye is getting set up for a lazy lynch" or "this wagon feels too easy" more than 24 hours out from the actual lynch. Heaps scrote behaviours.
I forgot when this phase ended tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 am
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 amKylemii Nice to be playing with you again! We’ve never quite connected in any game we’ve played previously so this might be the first. Tell me, what do you think of Quin?
hello!

quin is taking a more active approach to this game than I'm used to seeing him take, in the sort of jabby punch way that he does, which on the surface level looks good to me.

wbu?
I’d say that is a remarkably accurate assessment of his contributions so far. I’d be more cautious than you however in jumping to any conclusion about that suggesting that he is ‘good’. Having said that, I’m not sure that my meta/tonal reads even apply here anymore - as I alluded to this morning, things seem very different here now than they were when I used to play. Take Epi for example - I don’t remember him ever being so low key as he appears this game. I was thinking that looked a little out of the ordinary but maybe he’s changed his approach?
It's called "work is a cluster." Over 25 teachers out for the second day in a row.

While the police and principal were investigating a freshman who apparently had weed on him, a group of seniors tried to hijack and race their golf carts.
Dude, badass
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Outpost 31?

Chickachicka 123?
U-Pick

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm MacDougall
is mafia. Discuss.
he didn't do the thing i asked him to do
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:34 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 pm
Hey Jules, I had a look at Lunas posts last night, only some of them are in my iso, the ones I thought were relevant, but if you're looking at Luna, feel free to browse then.

Thanks for reminding me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:15 pm I was just waiting for reassurance so I could [VOTE: Glor] aubergine
Any specific reason other than he hasn't done anything a scum wouldn't do?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

btw Owner made up her suspicion of Kara and that's the most suspicious thing anyone's done all game please someone feed my narcissism
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am become the Sauciest Boi. Gaze upon my visage and beware.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:00 pm I am become the Sauciest Boi. Gaze upon my visage and beware.
Well then I'm the sauciest girl bc I spilled tikka masala all over myself today
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My thoughts on Bullz - I already didn't feel great about his D1 activity and his explanation of it makes me feel worse about it (The game starts D1 fam so play starts D1) that being said The zeroing in on him RE: Nova strikes me as false. I feel like there is an element within that mob that isn't genuine. I'll have to dig into that tomorrow.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It wasn’t Jay, whatever that means.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:15 pm I was just waiting for reassurance so I could [VOTE: Glor] aubergine
Any specific reason other than he hasn't done anything a scum wouldn't do?
I do more than tell jokes on occasion.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m torn on INH. The tone of his defenses is decent, but the content is meh.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How am I supposed to play Mafia when there’s an incredibly exciting 49ers/Raiders matchup on prime time?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm I’m torn on INH. The tone of his defenses is decent, but the content is meh.
You're the GTH man. Take a side.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm I’m torn on INH. The tone of his defenses is decent, but the content is meh.
You're the GTH man. Take a side.
gud

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:30 pm How am I supposed to play Mafia when there’s an incredibly exciting 49ers/Raiders matchup on prime time?
Think of all the concussions and other health problems the players will have and come play with us.
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

INH gave me impression he's buddying the newbie like what DH did to me on Outpost. Him giving limited read on other players feel similar as Juliet. Guarded. He jokes more here than on Outpost tho.

[mention]Bullzeye[/mention] you're asked about your read on your voters. At least you can do that much? Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am
Who is ready to learn? :D
The part I'm most interested in this picture tell is this part:

"Well that's too bad because I wrapped your knowledge in teeth and fear."

Hagrid is generally friendly, but even in this sense he's like "too bad no can do"

In this picture, Hagrid is acting selfish/not caring about others.

Even though Hagrid as a character is seen as good, that does not account for the picture I'm directing you to, where it seems as though Hagrid is betraying his students.
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:03 pm I apologize if this has been litigated and I missed it (if so please point it out) but:

1. In Firefly Mafia, Owner scum read me in part based on a "Picture Tell" in which she said I subconciously associated with Negan and Thanos, two bad characters. Therefore I must be bad.

2. In this game, Owner scum read Kara based on a picture tell of Kara posting a Hagrid-themed comic strip. Hagrid is a good guy.

My point being, if in Firefly Owner (civ) Genuinely suspected me (civ) for being Negan/Thanos (bad dudes) that's fine because as wrong as it was, it tracks and makes sense if you accept the "Picture Tell" premise. If you accept that same premise and apply it to her Kara suspicion, its fake. She fabricated a reason to suspect Kara and the only reason to do that is if you're bad and need people to suspect.

Slam. Dunk.

1. I went onto say this game that Negan for you falls under your personality. Regardless of alignment, you might very well post a Negan photo. But if I'm comparing this game to last game, you have posted significantly less Negan pictures in this game as compared to Firefly (where you were town that game).

2. Hagrid is not acting like a good guy in the comic strip in question.

The suspicion isn't fake.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:43 pm Y'all keep talking about Owner and this picture tell thing, and referencing Firefly without directly speaking to whatever connection may exist. So I allowed myself to be myself at least long enough to do your homework for you. :meany:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm I didn't say mafia; I said scum. And for those wondering usually, I count 3p as scum. But do you guys ever get friendly 3p over here?

Tell 1: The Picture/Gif Tell (can also sometimes be called the music tell, as I use it on both pictures and music. Yes, I have in fact caught scum this way before.

DharmaHelper has used multiple Negan pictures. Subconsciously, I feel like people post pictures of villains see themselves as being the bad guys themselves. I actually did not finish watching The Walking Dead. I didn't really like Negan. Maybe if I gave him another shot he would turn out to be an alright guy, but my first impression of him made me stop watching the show. So at first, I didn't really think all too much about the Negan pictures as is it really right for me to judge Negan as I didn't take time to get to know him? But then DharmaHelper also posted a picture of Thanos. So either personally, DharmaHelper can easily relate himself to those 2 characters or subconsciously he's bad so he posts pictures of villains.
This post comes from Firefly. Do not interpret it as being a post from Hogwarts, because it is from Firefly. K.

The two highlighted portions are of interest. The picture tell is stated in somewhat general terms first, and then Owner expands to discuss the nature of DH's villanous pictures as being a potential indicator of trouble. It is unclear from this whether the picture tell as Owner knows it requires villanous content to work or if this example simply featured villanous images which fed into the story Owner developed in her read of DH.

@Owner of a Lonely Heart, does the picture tell require villains to function? You said in Firefly that you've caught scum this way before -- can you remember an example game, and on what site[mention]Owner of a[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention]

It does not require villains to function. Kara's picture tell is based off of Hagrid's actions or portrayal of betrayal. My 2nd forum game ever a guy posted batman and joker gifs as much as DH posts Negan. I was cop and checked him; he happened to be scum. I might have gotten lucky that time. In the Angels of Ulennia game that I mentioned earlier that both myself and Soneji played in, I caught someone as scum based off of them posting the Kill la Kill Ragyo Kiryuin theme. Soneji died early that game, so probably won't remember it as it wasn't directly related to him as we were both indies that game.

Unfortunately, I have a family emergency. I ask for a replacement. @Dragon D Luffy @duyna
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 pm My thoughts on Bullz - I already didn't feel great about his D1 activity and his explanation of it makes me feel worse about it (The game starts D1 fam so play starts D1) that being said The zeroing in on him RE: Nova strikes me as false. I feel like there is an element within that mob that isn't genuine. I'll have to dig into that tomorrow.
I definitely don’t like the Nova vote — I can sorta see a civ making it, but I wish he would tell us who he would rather lynch today.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

I can see how a lack of Negan-posting could be valuable to you but I cannot fathom how a Hagrid comic strip could.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”