Total votes: 17
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:52 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 pm INH seems like the vote a baddie would make real early so they didn't have to bother with playing the other 24hours.
End of day occurred at 2pm Friday Mactime. I was in a meeting at work until 3pm. I checked the thread around then. I then had work beers until 5. I carefully pounded six beers in two hours. I then came home which took 1 hr and 30 mins. I had dinner and then fell asleep at about 7.30pm and just woke up.

Would you like to know what I am wearing too dad?
Black t-shirt, tight black jeans, pentagram necklace, black eyeliner, studded black wrist band?
Underpants. Because it is 5.56am and I am in my bed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:56 pm Jack you did this to me didn't you.
I only take away win conditions when I’m hosting.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

If we’re looking in other directions apart from INH, can I direct our attention back to Quin and G-man? Quin’s end of day yesterday was icky.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:03 pm I still want to know why @Kylemii i said he was sure of juliets being a civ yesterday.
i was impressed by the authentic tone presented in one of her big posts, as well as some of her effort during the early parts of day 2. she just seemed real to me. even though she turned out to have been actually not-real.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:00 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 pm Jack you dolt, I thought it was actually something Sloonei said (which I swear he hadn’t) and it was just you misplacing my name the whole time? :haha:

Linki: his bad dad
All anime characters look the same to me. That’s why I got you mixed up with DDL and Kyle.
zelda isn't anime, it's art.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’d totally lynch Quin also. Feels like FE Quin. No spark. No controversy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

INH > Quin > Tranq for who I wanna lynch rn

But really I don't see a reason not to lynch INH.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The silver lining on Tranq is that I've seem more than one people meta read him as civ. I think it was SVS who said he would never slip that easily? Someone else said something in that sense too.

I tend to respect meta reads on people I'm not used to play with.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 pm The silver lining on Tranq is that I've seem more than one people meta read him as civ. I think it was SVS who said he would never slip that easily? Someone else said something in that sense too.

She said that about INH and it’s fair.

While good players like Sloonei and Epi rolled over for the Primes in CC123, INH went scorched earth. Just claiming scum as scum is pretty beneath him and pretty jokey. Like it could be a joke like “Watch me claim scum as scum and still not get lynched lol” but it’s almost certainly not actually getting so drunk he confessed by mistake.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 pm The silver lining on Tranq is that I've seem more than one people meta read him as civ. I think it was SVS who said he would never slip that easily? Someone else said something in that sense too.

She said that about INH and it’s fair.

While good players like Sloonei and Epi rolled over for the Primes in CC123, INH went scorched earth. Just claiming scum as scum is pretty beneath him and pretty jokey. Like it could be a joke like “Watch me claim scum as scum and still not get lynched lol” but it’s almost certainly not actually getting so drunk he confessed by mistake.
No I'm sure it was about Tranq, not INH.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DDL, I want you to read the Hybridity games on HCRealms about as much as I want Kyle to watch Fate/Zero.

Also, should I buy Disgea for Switch? The demo is nutso.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's not impossible if you consider what he said, that his faction can win with town.

So I guess he entered helpful indie mode at a time when that wasn't a good idea.

Either that or he is some immortal indie like that Quintessential Cat.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
So I never really got a chance to comment on your list of 5 people. I dont recall if you explained exactly where you got the list but my thought was you may have gotten some info regarding their proximity in location to nutella (whether through role power or item or some other map related thing) and you're trying to figure out which one of them targeted them. Or at least that's what makes sense to me. If you had a different explanation and I missed it please let me know. So if that is the case I'd be willing to look into them further. Out of that list I think quin and Luna seemed the most suspicious to me. I feel like Jack's suspicions may have been gleaned from map proximity as well just in regards to DH

Spirit I feel like barring any possible manufacturing of his info he seems to truly believe his misguided idea of what it means. That doesnt necessarily make him bad just incorrect. Luna jumped on it real quick though and voted for me without taking any other possible meanings into consideration. She then decided to change her mind and agree that she thought wilgy was bad.

There are a few people who have not really participated. Nova seems like maybe some secret thing we dont know about because he still hasn't been replaced or taken out of the game?
Dana sorsha and gman all have expressed being really busy and have very few posts so not much to go on.

I just dont have a lot of reads on people because I find this game ro be really hard to follow at times.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Well I’m saying it about INH then.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 pm It's not impossible if you consider what he said, that his faction can win with town.

So I guess he entered helpful indie mode at a time when that wasn't a good idea.

Rules say scum can’t win with town though. Anyway, every time town and scum teamup, scum bites town in the ass for it.

I still think Enrique is the cat and I would normal throw a fit about this except 1) 3P players here pinch hit for the town for some reason 2) cat has multiple lives 3) I have like 9 other suspects.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

SVS is wrong though i've been lynched alot of times. In A World Reborn even when she and i were teammates with juliets. I'm actually about to move my vote to SVS. I feel like she's buddying me the way she tends to do when she's bad, i wouldn't be surprised at all if she's on Juliets' team and killed nutella :p
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

sabie let the whole thread view her as incriminating Wilgy and never said anything. Even now she's still dodgy about it.

[VOTE: sabie12] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by Enrique »

Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 pm Don't CFD me. I have info on Wilgy. He's bad!
I can't read this and take it seriously. No idea why you would claim all the mirror stuff but I don't think I buy it.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:31 pm

SVS is wrong though i've been lynched alot of times. In A World Reborn even when she and i were teammates with juliets. I'm actually about to move my vote to SVS. I feel like she's buddying me the way she tends to do when she's bad, i wouldn't be surprised at all if she's on Juliets' team and killed nutella :p
Really? I don't recall you being lynched as bad, perhaps I idealize you, I know I idealize Typh. I remember the chat rooms more than the results.

You are wrong if you think I was Juliets teammate, nothing could be further from the truth.

linki @ Enri, yeah, that is why I was so sure he was joking. I was surprised when he came in saying he was not joking. I thought it was an anti-infodumping sarcasm crack, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:25 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 pm It's not impossible if you consider what he said, that his faction can win with town.

Rules say scum can’t win with town though. Anyway, every time town and scum teamup, scum bites town in the ass for it.

I still think Enrique is the cat and I would normal throw a fit about this except 1) 3P players here pinch hit for the town for some reason 2) cat has multiple lives 3) I have like 9 other suspects.
I don't see any other instances of you claiming this in the thread, Jack. :ponder:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

btw the idea of a role having nine lives is fucking hilarious. Imagine if they actually get killed nine times.
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 pm sabie let the whole thread view her as incriminating Wilgy and never said anything. Even now she's still dodgy about it.

What have I been dodgey about? I respond when people ask me things.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I don't see any other instances of you claiming this in the thread, Jack. :ponder:
I may not have said so on the thread but I am a social butterfly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki [mention]Tranq[/mention] I will say I have been avoiding looking too hard at you since I miss playing with you, and didn't want to alienate you, and I think you know I am sincere about that. It isn't buddying, I just like seeing your :p
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm jealous.
sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 pm
Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 pm sabie let the whole thread view her as incriminating Wilgy and never said anything. Even now she's still dodgy about it.

Did you have any reason to believe Wilgy was near you or was the person / jagged blade referenced in sprit's info? You've expressed concern over the game rules before so a "yes/no" answer is enough if you're not comfortable beyond that.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Someone sum up the Wilgy/Sprityo/Saddie/Tranq mirror old lady saga. I feel like I’m missing a key part of this story.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm jealous.
sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Did you have any reason to believe Wilgy was near you or was the person / jagged blade referenced in sprit's info? You've expressed concern over the game rules before so a "yes/no" answer is enough if you're not comfortable beyond that.
Yes I thought that was very heavily implied.
~Darren Shan~
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:42 pm Someone sum up the Wilgy/Sprityo/Saddie/Tranq mirror old lady saga. I feel like I’m missing a key part of this story.
sprit asked some old lady if she'd seen any bad folks around, she said she saw sabie with a jagged blade or something like that (unclear if sabie is the JB member or somebody near her). People tried asking sabie who the jagged blade could be and she vaguely gestured to Wilgy without claiming anything so people assumed he was the baddie (until he wasn't). Tranq made some shit up.

linki - ok, that's convenient but thanks for answering
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:42 pm Someone sum up the Wilgy/Sprityo/Saddie/Tranq mirror old lady saga. I feel like I’m missing a key part of this story.
During the Wilgy lynch, some people tried to get a CFD up on Tranq, he showed up in the middle of it, dropped the Mirror of Ambiguity into the middle of it, saying Wilgy could be bad, Wilgy was lynched, news flash, he wasn't bad.

Sprit said a crazy old lady in the woods told him Sabie was seen with a jagged blade. Sabie said Nuh uh, but Wilgy is bad! So the implication (that Sabie never denied) was that Wilgy was the Jagged Blade she was seen with (as opposed to a literal jagged blade). News Flash, he wasn't.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 pm
Tranq wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 pm Don't CFD me. I have info on Wilgy. He's bad!
I can't read this and take it seriously. No idea why you would claim all the mirror stuff but I don't think I buy it.
I'm not lying Enrique :shrug: I don't know what else to tell you. The Mirror of Truth lead me to believe Wilgy was bad, and there was thread support for it so i saw no reason to doubt it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What is it like to be mislynch bait?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I wouldn’t know. I can’t be lynched*.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:47 pm
Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 pm
I'm not lying Enrique :shrug: I don't know what else to tell you. The Mirror of Truth lead me to believe Wilgy was bad, and there was thread support for it so i saw no reason to doubt it.
I don't really care about this a lot but I'd trust you more if you had just said it was a joke lol.
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

There have been people close to me but like I said trying not to over share. Info dumping meta whatever you guys call all that. I was wrong about him using that so I'm not solely going to use that argument against anyone else who may have been around me. I'd rather do the usual make a case and if I have other info it helps boost the case. I'm sure other people here have found out info whether through powers or items or random old ladies on the map and haven't instantly decided to share all of it with everyone. It doesnt seem like a smart plan to do that.
~Darren Shan~
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:08 am The host post implies two scum tried to kill DH. Like maybe a block and kill or a kill and doc the hitman.

If this is true, I have reason to believe 2 of these players tried to kill DH last night: sprityo, timmer, nova, colonialbob, speedchuck, sig.
Btw I wouldn't take the host posts at face value like that, I thought those characters were just the same ones that were after Wilgy in the lynch post before that. This is good info though.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 pm btw the idea of a role having nine lives is fucking hilarious. Imagine if they actually get killed nine times.
I once played a game where my teammate had nine lives. But if he was lynched, he'd be down to 1 life now matter how many he had.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:49 pm I wouldn’t know. I can’t be lynched*.
W8 wat
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:49 pm I wouldn’t know. I can’t be lynched*.
W8 wat
*except when JaggedJimmyJay is involved or I’m host confirmed bad or Long Con is being stupid.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

They all bad/indie
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't know about you guys but at this point I'm just skimming all arguing about the mirror and the old lady things.

I think the main facts have all been laid on the table and I don't care whether each side thinks they are more right or not.

Also lynch INH/Quin.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Now I don't have to doubt that you are bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why do all of my suspects go into hiding after I accuse them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Who wants to sit in a kiddie pool filled with tomato sauce and rub it all over themselves with me?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm Who wants to sit in a kiddie pool filled with tomato sauce and rub it all over themselves with me?
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm Who wants to sit in a kiddie pool filled with tomato sauce and rub it all over themselves with me?
Probably Franki
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:50 pm
Sprityo is not a member of the Sloonei 5. They are: Quin, G-man, DDL, Kyle, Luna.
Having put some reflection on it, some reading time, and having consulted the Valise of Vagueness, which I ran into in my travels, my base read on these 5 is

Quin, civ with a side of I can't read him at all so I tend to default to civ
G Man, bad
DDL, civ with a side of I tend to think he's bad most of the time so I give him more BOTD than I do for most to compensate
Kyle, civ
Luna, Bad

I would be most opposed to a lynch of Kyle, and least opposed to a lynch of Luna of these 5.

I think it probable that Sabie is bad, and nothing she has said today made me feel differently.
I also think INH is probably bad, and hope he comes in with a fun and amusing Lynchesque story about why he said what he said
I don't want to lynch DH because of "maybe" and "if"
While I can totally picture Tranq in a baddie chatroom mocking people for believing his mirror story, I can also see him doing that as a civ. But I also think he is pretending to think I am bad, so not sure how I feel about that.

I want Nova and Sorsha to talk.

I am glad Mac is not silenced.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Why is G-Man bad?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 pm Why is G-Man bad?
That was a quasi GTH read, if I had to pick good or bad kind of thing. For me with G Man it is gut. I felt early on that he was trying to act like he was civving, but that he kinda gave up. I think if he was civ, he would have been right up in my grille, but he hasn't been. In a game a few years back, he and I had a potentially big team, but becasue of various reasons, it never coalesced, and our entire baddie BTS the whole game was just each other. I played an awful game but it was an all time favorite for me becasue we had an awesome chat.

He just feels to me like his heart is not in it, and it is easier for him to get his heart into a town role. I saw bad G Man up close and personal, and I think this is him. But that said, of the Floonei Five, I would prefer to lynch Luna first. She comes in gets all Riot Grrrrl and then when called on it, runs away. Her Day One suspects seemed contrived. Had Sloonei not put him in his groupings, G Man would be sitting on a back burner for me, being watched for cracks.

Since they are his Five,I would like to see Sloonei focus on them and pick one.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 pm Why is G-Man bad?
Full case
a more condensed version

Quin is comfortably ahead of G-man on my list of suspects by now though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”

Linki: very well, I’ll keep that in mind sloon
The answer to your question is that it seems like it would be theoretically possible. If the trickster is bad and killed th and forged it to say th was the trickster and was bad, sure. But... why would they do that? It's interesting that you bring up such a specific question when you have barely participated.
The simplest answer is that a mafia person died. If we make that assumption, we can move forward with analyzing TH and sussing out someone to lynch today. If we get all suspicious that TH only flipped bad, and wasn't really bad, then we don't have a clear path forward for today's lynch. I'd rather assume the simplest scenario that TH was bad, and use that information to move forward.
I like how I pointed at this as Luna's civviest post and now all her recent posts are speculating about secrets and decoys.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”