Popcorn munchers (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 8
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm Hey llama are you bad?
No, I am not bad, but thank you for asking a very sensible question.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm Hello, I guess I am subbing in here. ANyone want to catch me up? I guess I have some reading to do.
There's some good HTG postings on this page, but this thread isn't so long that you can't catch up totally in about an hour or two, I reckon.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Hey what the heck juliets thinks I'm bad u guise
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Mon Goose:
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
so you are admitting you were in fact intentionally more stiff in your opening post here? exhibit a: the woman does not deny it, your honor.
I find it suspicious you don't value candor.
dunya is suspicious
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
No she's not.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:51 pm Omg are you effing kidding me. Well I didn’t need to draft any documents this afternoon.

Overall thoughts:

Hope MP shows up
Thought Mac’s comment on Dunya’s FU play style was insightful and genuine
Liked The full rundowns folks did (that they did them, not saying I ratify the contents)
Seems like no one can read Luna, and I feel ya girl
Sorry to see speed go
No idea what the Paddy’s Pub mechanic is and didn’t see this in Hall of Fame
There's an unspecified list of people who get credit for posting rundowns, but I don't know who they are. I assume I'm one of them.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:44 pm Speaking of risk, I have a question for the class: who here had the satest post history in the game? Is there anybody we think seems to be avoiding risks?

I have an answer, but I want to see if anyone agrees with me first.
Sloonei, you mean like historically over their career as compared with this game, right?

When MP is present he posts a lot from what I remember. I sometimes post a lot but am not always super chatty. Juliets seems par for the course. Yours seems normal. Not sure on the others.
juliets and sloonei seem normal
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:55 pm
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:44 pm Speaking of risk, I have a question for the class: who here had the satest post history in the game? Is there anybody we think seems to be avoiding risks?

I have an answer, but I want to see if anyone agrees with me first.
Sloonei, you mean like historically over their career as compared with this game, right?

When MP is present he posts a lot from what I remember. I sometimes post a lot but am not always super chatty. Juliets seems par for the course. Yours seems normal. Not sure on the others.
Sorry. I mean the safest posts in this game particularly.
I don’t see any safeness for those that are present. I certainly empathize with Mac’s work woes and anyone with a frantic schedule, so I don’t hold that against people. I wanna see more out of Luna Lamb and that errant sock. I read everything over a couple of hours so I felt content was pretty good overall, particularly for Day1A.
MP and luna should post more.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm Why all the cases on Colin? I needs someone to proffer items into evidence to substantiate this please. Okay seriously nail appt
Acknowledges Colin votes.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm Juliets - you can add that I read Sloonei as civ.
Sloonei is town.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 pm @Sloonei

In RE: The State v. Luna: Hung Jury. Yes, I do think I would lump myself in with folks that can't read her (this happened in another game recently), but the jury is still out. I'd like to see a little more.

In RE: The State v. Colin: 50/50 - I felt pretty good about him, so I asked for some more details once I saw two of you had voted him, and then you both had answers that were thoughtful and thought-out, so that's why I'm less sure now.

In RE: The State v. Juliets: Nah. While I understand the case folks were making on her, it seemed like a mountain of molehole. An allegation that she uncharacteristically wasn't here enough but when she did, she didn't draw out the right posts or ask the right questions. I'm not looking there yet.

linki - thank you for that dunya

Also, welcome to spirityo!
Neutral on Luna. Neutral on Colin.
Town on juliets.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:23 am I know you didn’t ask me, but this didn’t alarm me at all. Just seemed like someone thinking aloud. I don’t mind a point/counterpoint analysis.
Mac looks okay.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:57 am Guys, this reads like textbook Classic Frustrated Civ Syndrome. If she is faking this, I will laud her appropriately in post-game.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm So let me tell you guys one more time. I was here early this morning. Nothing that I thought was substantive had happened yet. I got off work at 4:00 and got to the thread sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 and saw several things I wanted to comment on/question and so I did. Just because someone suspects me doesn't mean I am going to shut down my play style. You can try to make it into something it isn't which is what you guys are doing but it is not what you're trying to make it. I was the same in Asunder as I have been in every other game I play - asking questions. That's the last I'll say about yesterday/today unless I'm asked a specific question.
juliets is town
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm I think what has happened is I never bought the case on Juliets because she read super civ to me, and then even more so after the post I quoted earlier this morning. I also feel super civ about Mac and Sloonei, but ive not been alleged to be buddying up with them, which seems odd and inconsistent. Sloonei and I have had a lot of discourse and back and forth, especially in the time I’ve been acting.

As for being on the defense, sure I can defend myself but that doesn’t mean I’m defensive. I spent a LOT of time trying to thoroughly run through everyone’s questions for me and answering them fully. I didn’t want to brush anyone’s concerns off, and felt pretty confident I got to everything. In the end, I ran out of time. I was able to make some good thought out posts for day 1 and was actively hunting.

I feel slightly hamstrung by not having heard much or anything from a few folks, but I rarely have anything other than mild pings on day 1 (with some exceptions of course).

Linki
Mac and Sloonei are also town.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??
Suddenly luna appears to be the top suspect. Interesting.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm The person I feel the weakest about is Luna. But nothing brazen, ya know? I just find it hardest to read her. But I really empathize with that a lot since I’ve historically been hard to read, which I’ve been reticent to lead any charge (or follow anyone else’s) yet.

I’m off to another meeting, I should be able to check in one more time before the vote.

Dunya - I know I didn’t exactly answer your question the way you directed (pick two or three) but if what I replied to Sloonei with isn’t enough info, I’ll try to ameliorate that when I return
Elaborates that it's more an absence of a town read on luna than an explicit suspicion.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm Oof, I am married to so few of these.

SUBECT TO CHANGE

ColinIsCool good
dunya good
juliets good

Lunalee bad?
MacDougall good
Mongoose goodgoose
novaselinenever good
Sloonei angelic

This is not going to work out well for me.
One bad read. Not a good look.
Outside of a small nod at the inactive players, luna is the only player Mongoose really expressed any suspicion of. There was a tiny blip against dunya that was dropped immediately. I can see why Mongoose is a suspect, but she's still too new to me to feel sure of anything. I'm gonna need more substantive reads moving forward or she'll become a viable suspect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 pm MP roleplayed as Margaret McPoyle quite well, so I'm skipping ahead to Mac.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:08 pm
What about yours?
I assume that if I give any reads you’ll all just tell me that I look like some sort of bird, or that I have nothing to contribute, and that I should just give up trying.
This is a mafia
Sloonei is a mafia.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm I WILL FOLLOW DUNYA TO HECK
dunya is implied town
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am I don’t really have any suspects right now, but I do not think it’s Sloonei or juliets. Luna is probably good, I can buy that emulating Jay thing.
The man is town. Again.
Colin is town.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:08 pm Colin is Mafia. Sorry I called him town before because I shouldn't have. Lynch with enthusiasm please.
Colin is mafia.

I do not know what Steve Carell means. The man is an enigma.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 pm Now counterpoint, Colin as Mafia would be playing differently than this.
This Colin is not mafia Colin.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:11 pm I wouldn't dispute a Colin lynch right now. I can see him as a callous civilian or a bumbling Mafia. The question is which is more likely to be Colin? The bumbling Mafia caught day 1 or the civilian suffering from a case of "oh shit I do look bad"?
This Colin is a lynch candidate, however.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 pm Also what's with the speedchuck votes? The guy hasn't even been able to play, and is pending replacement.
Teammate with your hubby again!?
speedchuck and luna might be bad together.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:57 pm I am willing to call it. Juliets and Sprityo are the Mafia team.
sprityo (speedchuck) and juliets are mafia.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm Dumbass thinks I'm Mafia. News at 11.

Lynch spiritchuck or MP imo.
Implication that nova is town.
MP or sprityo should be lynched.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm ColinIsCool - sus
dunya - good
juliets - good
Lunalee - good

M Plus 7 - undeserved of any opinion
Mongoose - sus
novaselinenever - dumb but good
Sloonei - good
Colin and Mongoose are his suspects after the lynch. MP/llama is null.

Oi Mac why are colin and mongoose your suspects now?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm Hello, I guess I am subbing in here. ANyone want to catch me up? I guess I have some reading to do.
down with ketchup, 2019.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, I read day zero and I want to post some thoughts before I forget them, and then move on to reading Day 1:
ColinIsCool - Nothing of substance. I don't love the aloofness.
dunya - Seems supatown to me. Good, aggressive behavior trying to smoke out baddies. I like.
juliets - The exchange with Mac where he demands she throw out reads and she refuses is interesting. Could go a number of ways, but I'm inclined to read it civ on civ.
Lunalee - Sucking up a little to Dunya, but then again, I can see why.
MacDougall - See juliets.
Mongoose - Her tone seems a little different than what I'm used to. Bears watching.
novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
Sloonei - Active posting, good hunting. Leaning town.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's lynch Nova and Colin then. I hate them both as humans so this at the very least makes the experience of playing Mafia more enjoyable.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
mongoose is a suspect
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm
dunya is not.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am hottake: juliets is bad :p
I love hot takes. Tell me more
she has made a total of 3 posts in between a lot of us already talking about other players as we always do. 3 of those posts had nothing to do with the game content. one was a typical juliets checkin, the second was comforting mongoose's playstyle in the same way i did (and a direct mention to how dunya/sloonei were making reads), and the last is to tell us about her schedule. she was online yesterday and today and that is all she managed to offer. i feel like this is in direct contrast with her usual day 0 conduct where she digs in and asks people for elaborations or some such. and her post to mongoose makes it clear she was up to speed with the game progress...and i know juliets, she reads every post in the game she's in.

at least i don't feel jules/mongoose would be w/w based on her second post directed towards mongoose.

with all that said, i'd sooner lynch myself day 1 than lynch juliets. so let's find her teammate!
I like this.
juliets is a suspect.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm
What about yours?
I assume that if I give any reads you’ll all just tell me that I look like some sort of bird, or that I have nothing to contribute, and that I should just give up trying.
This is a mafia
I don't like this :workit:
Mac is a jerk turkey.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm I also don't like Sloonei's response but I'm giving him room. It was a nice piece of roleplay and I played along hoping he'd come back to it and answer seriously.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 pm He didn't
Slanderous accusation against Sloonei.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm I don't recall ever getting a town read from Luna. She's always uneasy or unsure about me when I'm town 'cause I mess around. Funny thing is she read me as scum when she was a baddie in our last game together and she ended up getting lynched. Trying a new approach? :ponder:
Shade at luna
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
Shade at luna
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 pm Little surge of activity from Juliet, and a lot of inquiries in a very short amount of time. Exactly what Dunya said she would expect from civ juliets.

Omoshiroi :ponder:
Shade at juliets
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 pm [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
Vote for juliets
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am Really liked her Mongoose stuff early on, and the later's response read to me like some appeal to emotions lol. I'm not sure I have the heart to go through with a lynch on her though, I'd feel really bad especially with her post about contemplating changing her play style.

I'm soft like that.
I think this support of dunya and waffling on Mongoose
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm Colin reads contrived in his latest exchange. A lot of backpedalling and sidestepping.
Colin looks bad.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm Nada on MP and Speed :workit:
Nada on the nadas
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 am Who's not impressed by Mac's exercise?
Shade at Mac
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am Haven't really seen much from Luna since the early hours of D1 :ponder:
Pokes luna with a pondering emoji
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm Also let's not even get to that point
I’ve got no desire to go there yet. How do you feel about everybody?
I have a reason to townread yourself, Dunya and Luna. I have nothing on MP, and I still await his promised arrival.

I have no reason to townread Colin, Sprit, Juliet, Mongoose and Mac. I feel the worse about the last 3 and would see myself lynching there.
Sloonei, dunya, and luna are town. MP is null. Colin, sprit, juliets, mongoose, and Mac are suspects.
That's a bigger pool than most.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:08 pm Don't listen to Dunya, I'm good :noble:

Vote Mac, please. Thank you.
Calls for Mac to be lynched.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 pm When in doubt, lynch Lunalee.

Is that how the saying goes? :ponder:
Luna shade.
nova has been all over the place on luna. Why?
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:52 pm I hereby rescind Dunya's civilian card.
dunya shade. they'd been bickering for a while at this point.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:58 pm I'm buying what Juliets is selling, undecided on Sprit's.
Feels good about juliets but undecided on sprit.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:20 pm [VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
votes sprityo.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm Without re-reading, this is where I'm at currently. I think it might very change drastically so I'll go to the lab :dark:

ColinIsCool - good
dunya - good
juliets - good
Lunalee - good
M Plus 7 - good

MacDougall - bad
Mongoose - bad

novaselinenever - great
Sloonei - great
Mac and Mongoose are his suspects.
Nova's scum read on Mac has been one of a constant throughout, but other than that he's been a bit all over the place. He arrived at Mongoose as his suspect suspect in the GTH exercise. Why Mongoose, nova? And could you elaborate on the development of your luna read? please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
ftr: nova's a dude, and he just won another game as scum like 15 minutes before this one started.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ANYWAY, keeping in mind my color-coding exercise here's an inaugural rainbow list:

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

dunya's easily my most trusted for the time being, but she's never to be trusted fully ( :meany: ), and I like llama's immediate entrance so there's that. I mostly feel good about nova, but I'm uncertain about some of his read progressions, and his Mac suspicion is one that could be faked and dragged out by a mafioso to get through Day 1. I'd definitely lean town on him though.

I'd GTH all three of Mac, Luna, and Colin good right now, but in reviewing their posts I found that I can't actually give them a whole lot of actual town credit. Mac's been all over the place, which is a thing Macdougall is wont to do, but it's a very easy behavior to fake. Luna's offered far fewer reads than I thought, and Colin's No Lynch vote reads very much like a player who's not concerned with looking good or bad. Outside of that, I'm wary of him.

Mongoose produced no suspects except for an extremely vague not-town read on Luna. I don't like that.
My juliets suspicion is well-documented.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 pm
thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
ftr: nova's a dude, and he just won another game as scum like 15 minutes before this one started.
Don't tell me what to do.

Okay, I'm mostly caught up. I do think Colin looks terrible after Day 1. Wishy washy, not hunting, no reads, votes for no lynch (along with Mongoose) which is always a bad vote, in my view. HOWEVER there's this:
Lunalee wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm Ew, per Sloonei's post, Colin really doesn't look good.
I don't like this. I don't know why, but it immediately stuck out to me. It was her first post in a while, and it adds nothing of value, just piggybacks on Sloonei. Then, look what happens.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 am I got a lot more work rolled into my job today and I am going to be a wee bit occupied. (Also I’m not getting a raise if you were curious. :slick: )

But I will do my best to reassess the thread and get better reads before EOD. I see many of you now believe I’m just regular dumbass Colin so that’s a relief.
I would feel really bad mis-lynching Colin. Again.
Quite a turnaround in a short amount of time. Colin looks really bad, but oh no let's not lynch him. DO NOT WANT.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mac's gay.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm ANYWAY, keeping in mind my color-coding exercise here's an inaugural rainbow list:

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

dunya's easily my most trusted for the time being, but she's never to be trusted fully ( :meany: ), and I like llama's immediate entrance so there's that. I mostly feel good about nova, but I'm uncertain about some of his read progressions, and his Mac suspicion is one that could be faked and dragged out by a mafioso to get through Day 1. I'd definitely lean town on him though.

I'd GTH all three of Mac, Luna, and Colin good right now, but in reviewing their posts I found that I can't actually give them a whole lot of actual town credit. Mac's been all over the place, which is a thing Macdougall is wont to do, but it's a very easy behavior to fake. Luna's offered far fewer reads than I thought, and Colin's No Lynch vote reads very much like a player who's not concerned with looking good or bad. Outside of that, I'm wary of him.

Mongoose produced no suspects except for an extremely vague not-town read on Luna. I don't like that.
Why is Llama so high you shitbutt?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:30 pmAlso, I'm pretty sure Mac's gay.
I am deeply in the closet actually. I'm comfortable in here. Don't out me you insensitive dickhole.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm ANYWAY, keeping in mind my color-coding exercise here's an inaugural rainbow list:

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

Pure gut read based on his entry
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 am

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

Nova has been trolling me and Llama called me gay. You are town reading them because they are adversarial to me aren't you?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 am

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

Nova has been trolling me and Llama called me gay. You are town reading them because they are adversarial to me aren't you?
That's usually the first thing I look for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's pretty fucking great
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 am That's pretty fucking great
is luna good?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think so but I dunno ay. What do you think Sloonei? You've definitely paid more attention than I have?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sigh. I won't comment other than to express my deepest apologies to my fellow players and Jay for practically no-showing. Life right now just always gets busier than I anticipate. I really hope to actually play with you all again soon -- guess it'll unfortunately have to wait until summer or winter breaks for now. Hope you all have tons of fun!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:15 am I think so but I dunno ay. What do you think Sloonei? You've definitely paid more attention than I have?
Her Day 1 play seems pretty safe and measured, but I could attribute that to low availability and her expressed intent to hunt for town reads rather than scum. I want to see how she responds moving forward. I have her as a slight town read for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
mongoose is a suspect
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm
dunya is not.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am hottake: juliets is bad :p
I love hot takes. Tell me more
she has made a total of 3 posts in between a lot of us already talking about other players as we always do. 3 of those posts had nothing to do with the game content. one was a typical juliets checkin, the second was comforting mongoose's playstyle in the same way i did (and a direct mention to how dunya/sloonei were making reads), and the last is to tell us about her schedule. she was online yesterday and today and that is all she managed to offer. i feel like this is in direct contrast with her usual day 0 conduct where she digs in and asks people for elaborations or some such. and her post to mongoose makes it clear she was up to speed with the game progress...and i know juliets, she reads every post in the game she's in.

at least i don't feel jules/mongoose would be w/w based on her second post directed towards mongoose.

with all that said, i'd sooner lynch myself day 1 than lynch juliets. so let's find her teammate!
I like this.
juliets is a suspect.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm

What about yours?
This is a mafia
I don't like this :workit:
Mac is a jerk turkey.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm I also don't like Sloonei's response but I'm giving him room. It was a nice piece of roleplay and I played along hoping he'd come back to it and answer seriously.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 pm He didn't
Slanderous accusation against Sloonei.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm I don't recall ever getting a town read from Luna. She's always uneasy or unsure about me when I'm town 'cause I mess around. Funny thing is she read me as scum when she was a baddie in our last game together and she ended up getting lynched. Trying a new approach? :ponder:
Shade at luna
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
Shade at luna
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 pm Little surge of activity from Juliet, and a lot of inquiries in a very short amount of time. Exactly what Dunya said she would expect from civ juliets.

Omoshiroi :ponder:
Shade at juliets
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 pm [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
Vote for juliets
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am Really liked her Mongoose stuff early on, and the later's response read to me like some appeal to emotions lol. I'm not sure I have the heart to go through with a lynch on her though, I'd feel really bad especially with her post about contemplating changing her play style.

I'm soft like that.
I think this support of dunya and waffling on Mongoose
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm Colin reads contrived in his latest exchange. A lot of backpedalling and sidestepping.
Colin looks bad.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm Nada on MP and Speed :workit:
Nada on the nadas
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 am Who's not impressed by Mac's exercise?
Shade at Mac
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am Haven't really seen much from Luna since the early hours of D1 :ponder:
Pokes luna with a pondering emoji
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm Also let's not even get to that point
I’ve got no desire to go there yet. How do you feel about everybody?
I have a reason to townread yourself, Dunya and Luna. I have nothing on MP, and I still await his promised arrival.

I have no reason to townread Colin, Sprit, Juliet, Mongoose and Mac. I feel the worse about the last 3 and would see myself lynching there.
Sloonei, dunya, and luna are town. MP is null. Colin, sprit, juliets, mongoose, and Mac are suspects.
That's a bigger pool than most.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:08 pm Don't listen to Dunya, I'm good :noble:

Vote Mac, please. Thank you.
Calls for Mac to be lynched.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 pm When in doubt, lynch Lunalee.

Is that how the saying goes? :ponder:
Luna shade.
nova has been all over the place on luna. Why?
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:52 pm I hereby rescind Dunya's civilian card.
dunya shade. they'd been bickering for a while at this point.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:58 pm I'm buying what Juliets is selling, undecided on Sprit's.
Feels good about juliets but undecided on sprit.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:20 pm [VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
votes sprityo.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm Without re-reading, this is where I'm at currently. I think it might very change drastically so I'll go to the lab :dark:

ColinIsCool - good
dunya - good
juliets - good
Lunalee - good
M Plus 7 - good

MacDougall - bad
Mongoose - bad

novaselinenever - great
Sloonei - great
Mac and Mongoose are his suspects.
Nova's scum read on Mac has been one of a constant throughout, but other than that he's been a bit all over the place. He arrived at Mongoose as his suspect suspect in the GTH exercise. Why Mongoose, nova? And could you elaborate on the development of your luna read? please and thanks.
What do you mean by "arrived"? The first post you quoted is me being pinged my Mongoose all the way back to D0.

I can't read Luna for shit. Several of early posts, as well as a dip in her presence have pinged me but she's hitting all the right tones and she seems consistent in her town hunting efforts. Our interaction over her Mongoose thoughts perfectly reflect this; her post about trusting Dunya's gut read pinged me and I asked her for original thoughts and they were perfect lol. Read genuine and echoed some of my conclusion thoughts I had over Mongoose and her lack of suspects.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Quite an entrance from Llama dude. Not bad :llama:
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya
nova
Llama

Mac
Luna
Colin

Mongoose
juliets

Switch Mac and Juliets, we gucci
novaselinenever
Hitman

And put a lil' bit of yellow on Luna/Colin. Can't have that many green :workit:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I've decided I think nova is Mafia. His persistent wavering scum read isn't coming with any actual attempt to convince anyone else. He is lacking civ tinfoil, or doubt. It's a sham read and premeditated before the game began as a means for dealing with me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Every time I envision Nova posting I imagine him sitting there sipping on a drink with a smirk on his face. Everything has a snarky tone to it. His tone reeks of mischief and mayhem. He's like the guy you catch staring at you from across the room while pretending to read the paper and then goes back to the paper and pretends you never made eye contact and he has a grey trenchcoat on and a tall hat.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 am I've decided I think nova is Mafia. His persistent wavering scum read isn't coming with any actual attempt to convince anyone else. He is lacking civ tinfoil, or doubt. It's a sham read and premeditated before the game began as a means for dealing with me.
*unwavering
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:36 am Every time I envision Nova posting I imagine him sitting there sipping on a drink with a smirk on his face. Everything has a snarky tone to it. His tone reeks of mischief and mayhem. He's like the guy you catch staring at you from across the room while pretending to read the paper and then goes back to the paper and pretends you never made eye contact and he has a grey trenchcoat on and a tall hat.
:haha: :haha:

I like llama he town.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I want nova dead. Maybe sloonei too.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 am I've decided I think nova is Mafia. His persistent wavering scum read isn't coming with any actual attempt to convince anyone else. He is lacking civ tinfoil, or doubt. It's a sham read and premeditated before the game began as a means for dealing with me.
:rolleyes:
novaselinenever
Hitman

If anyone missed it, I'm town :noble:
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:36 am Every time I envision Nova posting I imagine him sitting there sipping on a drink with a smirk on his face. Everything has a snarky tone to it. His tone reeks of mischief and mayhem. He's like the guy you catch staring at you from across the room while pretending to read the paper and then goes back to the paper and pretends you never made eye contact and he has a grey trenchcoat on and a tall hat.
You are good :biggrin:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Prove me wrong Mac. Told you I'm very impressionable.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Everyone looks civ except MP, and all those bland hot takes aren't going to cut it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah Nova is Mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 am I want nova dead. Maybe sloonei too.
I could buy these two as Mafia together tbh. Sloonei dominating shit, Nova sitting on the sidelines lazily pushing his bullshit Mac suspicion and doing a whole lot of nothing else because he can.
novaselinenever
Hitman

So I've done nothing except push Mac? All righty
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nothing that comes to mind for me, Mac.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind for reconsideration is my read on Luna.
Yes let’s discuss
Let's! I'm yet to hear what makes you feel uneasy about her outside of being unable to read her.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Oh, all right thanks. I guess I haven't found Mac's scumbuddy. Back to work.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sham read
novaselinenever
Hitman

What about that Colin read of yours, Mac? Saw him back to sus :grin:

That's a sham read, If ever I'd seen one
novaselinenever
Hitman

Talk to me about Mongoose. We both have her as red. Bussing, mac?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Make up a read on mac you just recite like a mantra and refuse to ever admit the falsity of

vs.

Change your mind on a person you don't know the role card of because you're a civ

One of those things is a sham read and one is normal civilian play.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:40 am Talk to me about Mongoose. We both have her as red. Bussing, mac?
I looked into my soul and found very little reason to read her as town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nova has backed himself into a corner where if he changes his mind on me he would be being hypocritical because he's accused me of being Mafia because of me doing that on my Colin read.

The thing is, a civilian wouldn't give a shit about that. Nova is not a civilian.
novaselinenever
Hitman

The civilian play would require an incentive for the change. Mac hasn't given me such a thing.

Nice of you to also ignore that it is very civilian to not change one's mind and tunnel. There's nothing inherently scummy about believing your own reads, and I'd have thought a proud fellow such as yourself would know.

Do you have anything else beside "a civilian can change his mind" regarding your Colin read? I've asked you several times about the motives and reasonings, and you're just singing this gospel. It's also a baddie play to keep changing their reads, like of consistency, ya know.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:46 am Nova has backed himself into a corner where if he changes his mind on me he would be being hypocritical because he's accused me of being Mafia because of me doing that on my Colin read.

The thing is, a civilian wouldn't give a shit about that. Nova is not a civilian.
I've changed my mind on Luna quite a few times, and I couldn't care less that Dunya saw that as hypocritical. I'm not changing my mind on you 'cause I have no reasons to.

Not the same thing.

Return to “Previous Heists”