Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by juliets »

1. Luna
2. Colin
3. Mongoose

That order could change depending on what I see out of Colin.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Hmm both of you have Luna at numero uno, but Mongoose and Colin at different positions.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am Who is left in the pool that I can lock? Is Mac available? Since Juliets and Sloonei were taken, I’ll pick him.
Only the cool kids can lock someone :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by dunya »

I'd like to see [mention]Sloonei[/mention]'s ranking of Colin/Mongoose/Luna
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the reason colin is 3rd is because colin never town reads me. it makes me weary how much he's attacking me specifically in his catch up because i already pointed out earlier this game something he said that was a contradiction to his usual treatment of me and i feel like he's really faking it right now by appearing to "not town read me" anymore. but on the other hand, town colin also always suspects me so he can go third on the off chance we strike gold with luna and mongoose.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

Almost caught up and I just want to say I’m not reading any of Sloonei’s color-coded garbonzo beans because if I were scum and wanted to post a bunch to confuse people that is exactly what I’d do
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Lunalee »

Woah now, I see I have a bunch of notifications and everyone is listing me in their scum POE. What happened besides "Luna is hard to read"?
Also sprityo was a terrible lynch candidate. Just throwing that out there. :P
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

the reason I have Mongoose 3rd is her reticence to call someone bad and hem and haw about it is true to her character from what I know of her in discord. I also don't believe she would have forgotten the game if she was bad, and I felt that post where she said she had forgotten was authentic. The reason I can't give her a lock town is that llama senses something's up. That's no small thing when it comes to llama and mongoose. I want to hear more from him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am
thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm Okay, I read day zero and I want to post some thoughts before I forget them, and then move on to reading Day 1:
ColinIsCool - Nothing of substance. I don't love the aloofness.
dunya - Seems supatown to me. Good, aggressive behavior trying to smoke out baddies. I like.
juliets - The exchange with Mac where he demands she throw out reads and she refuses is interesting. Could go a number of ways, but I'm inclined to read it civ on civ.
Lunalee - Sucking up a little to Dunya, but then again, I can see why.
MacDougall - See juliets.
Mongoose - Her tone seems a little different than what I'm used to. Bears watching.
novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
Sloonei - Active posting, good hunting. Leaning town.
I'm really interested in your reads llama especially the Mongoose read. The reason I'm reading her as good is she had the chunk of time where she didn't show up to the game at all. It's hard for me to believe she forgot about the game AND btsc. Otherwise she seems like her normal self to me, slow to condemn and very, very busy. I'll monitor your read on her though carefully. (For those who don't know Mongoose and llama know each other well and for many, many years. Come to Discord sometime and you too can know more about your fellow players!).
I don't like to play the "we know each other well" card at all. I don't want anyone thinking I have a superior abilty to read someone based on a personal relationship. I am not Ika and Silverwolf. That said, I thought her tone seemed weird for all of Day 0. In Day 1, she started out on the defensive, which I always think is a bad look, but has since settled in to what I consider to be her usual playstyle. Right now, I would say my read on her is fairly neutral leaning very slightly in the direction of bad. I think the two baddies will be found among Colin, Mongoose, Nova, and Luna. Mac has me feeling really confident he's a civ. Way to pile on that mass, Mac.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:51 am
thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm Okay, I read day zero and I want to post some thoughts before I forget them, and then move on to reading Day 1:
dunya - Seems supatown to me. Good, aggressive behavior trying to smoke out baddies. I like.
juliets - The exchange with Mac where he demands she throw out reads and she refuses is interesting. Could go a number of ways, but I'm inclined to read it civ on civ.
Mongoose - Her tone seems a little different than what I'm used to. Bears watching.
novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
I'm really interested in your reads llama especially the Mongoose read. The reason I'm reading her as good is she had the chunk of time where she didn't show up to the game at all. It's hard for me to believe she forgot about the game AND btsc. Otherwise she seems like her normal self to me, slow to condemn and very, very busy. I'll monitor your read on her though carefully. (For those who don't know Mongoose and llama know each other well and for many, many years. Come to Discord sometime and you too can know more about your fellow players!).
I don't like to play the "we know each other well" card at all. I don't want anyone thinking I have a superior abilty to read someone based on a personal relationship. I am not Ika and Silverwolf. That said, I thought her tone seemed weird for all of Day 0. In Day 1, she started out on the defensive, which I always think is a bad look, but has since settled in to what I consider to be her usual playstyle. Right now, I would say my read on her is fairly neutral leaning very slightly in the direction of bad. I think the two baddies will be found among Colin, Mongoose, Nova, and Luna. Mac has me feeling really confident he's a civ. Way to pile on that mass, Mac.
Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

apparently llama is supatown so let's wrap this up folks. :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:51 am
:disappoint:
thellama73
Supatown

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by thellama73 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm i'm sorry, i can't say "i'm not voting for so-and-so" because i enjoy playing with them as much as i wanted to in the beginning. this game is over after 2 mislynches and i don't want to hurt my team.

i do genuinely love playing with you, mongoose. and i feel bad i'm voting for you for this reason.
RING A LING A TING A LING A RING A TING A LING

(That’s an alarm bell going off in my head, given what I’m hearing from dunya right now.)
Grasping at straws.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 am
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm i'm sorry, i can't say "i'm not voting for so-and-so" because i enjoy playing with them as much as i wanted to in the beginning. this game is over after 2 mislynches and i don't want to hurt my team.

i do genuinely love playing with you, mongoose. and i feel bad i'm voting for you for this reason.

(That’s an alarm bell going off in my head, given what I’m hearing from dunya right now.)
Grasping at straws.
I don’t understand. What do you think I’m saying?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Grasping at straws.
I think it's a weak attempt to play offense with no real evidence or case making as a way of trying to defend yourself.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am Who is left in the pool that I can lock? Is Mac available? Since Juliets and Sloonei were taken, I’ll pick him.
???
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.
Not a lot concrete. I found the initial "tired of losing" comment suspicious. Others have gone on to explain that away, but I don't know that I'm convinced. I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing to me. Call it a gut read if you like.

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Here are Colin Thoughts:

ColinIsCool: a Golden God.

dunya: I can not find a rhyme or reason to anything dunya does, which is NAI for me. I see a lot of changing opinions and a lot of seizing on small things to justify myriad votes but not a lot of progression or consistency in what she believes. I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.

juliets: super authentic throughout. She is as town as it gets.

Lunalee: suspect numero uno. She is letting other people duke it out and get attention, even letting other people come up with her reads. I think she is flying under the radar by design.

M Plus 7/llama: null

MacDougall: I agreed with nova’s assessment re: convictions. Then I thought, hmm, his argument with nova feels legitimate, but Mac is a Bastard Man, so I can see him arguing very persuasively as scum.

Mongoose: also seems very authentic a la juliets. No qualms here and I struggle to see where everybody else’s come from

novaselinenever: solidly town imo. Totally different playstyle from Community, I agree a lot with what he says.

Sloonei: town, but beware of false prophets.

My top 3 are Luna, Mac and dunya. There ye be
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Grasping at straws.
I think it's a weak attempt to play offense with no real evidence or case making as a way of trying to defend yourself.
I am saying dunya’s point here is a direct contradiction of what she was just telling me re: juliets.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Okay I broke my own self-imposed rule so time to do work! See ya in 2 days!
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 pm
???
The exercise was directed at my strongest town reads, to get down to a 3 player PoE using each other reads.

I'm interested though in who you would lock town, if all living players were available.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 am Let's try something, Juliets and dunya.

Let's each "lock" another player as town, and see what PoE we would get. We can't lock the same player.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 am
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am I'm picking Sloonei :cloud9:
ok I'm picking dunya
dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 am Let's try something, Juliets and dunya.

Let's each "lock" another player as town, and see what PoE we would get. We can't lock the same player.
i'll lock juliets.
We can't lock each other (I wasn't chosen :pout: )

The point of it is to get down to a 3 player PoE using each others reads. You two as well as Sloonei are my strongest town reads at the moment. I might not be yours lol (looking at you Dunya), but let's find each other.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.
Not a lot concrete. I found the initial "tired of losing" comment suspicious. Others have gone on to explain that away, but I don't know that I'm convinced. I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing to me. Call it a gut read if you like.
I find the latter allegation way way more persuasive than the former.

Linkcake
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

"voted off me because of TMI"

what

what

whattt
novaselinenever
Hitman

What is suspicious about it?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:11 pm
???
The exercise was directed at my strongest town reads, to get down to a 3 player PoE using each other reads.

I'm interested though in who you would lock town, if all living players were available.

ok I'm picking dunya

i'll lock juliets.

The point of it is to get down to a 3 player PoE using each others reads. You two as well as Sloonei are my strongest town reads at the moment. I might not be yours lol (looking at you Dunya), but let's find each other.
If I can only lock one, I’d pick Sloonei. That dude has played a fine game and his effort has been top notch. Reads as genuine and he was the first person I personally mentally locked as town.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

since when have i tunneled you straight into hell? like, ever?

gtfo with that weak sauce. :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 pm "voted off me because of TMI"

what

what

whattt
I read this in Kyle’s mom’s voice from South Park. I would also love to see this response/explanation
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:14 pm
???

ok I'm picking dunya

i'll lock juliets.

If I can only lock one, I’d pick Sloonei. That dude has played a fine game and his effort has been top notch. Reads as genuine and he was the first person I personally mentally locked as town.
if you weren't going to lock llama, mac or sloonei down, who would you pick?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:16 pm
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:14 pm
???

ok I'm picking dunya

i'll lock juliets.

if you weren't going to lock llama, mac or sloonei down, who would you pick?
Mac Attack
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Mongoose[/mention] i said no mac! :p no mac, no sloonei and no llama. pick someone else.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My boss stepped out so I lied
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:15 pm

what

what

whattt
I read this in Kyle’s mom’s voice from South Park. I would also love to see this response/explanation
She did not vote me because she knows I’m town and didn’t think her own justification was good enough
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:17 pm @Mongoose i said no mac! :p no mac, no sloonei and no llama. pick someone else.
Wow I did not read that well! Juliets would be my pick.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:17 pm My boss stepped out so I lied
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:15 pm

what

what

whattt
She did not vote me because she knows I’m town and didn’t think her own justification was good enough
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i take it colin only votes for mafia when he's bad otherwise we could accuse him of "TMI"

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I’m going to upgrade Colin to 75/25. His presence is welcome and comforting (does that sound like I’m reviewing a masseur?!?) Feeling better about him today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 pm I’m going to upgrade Colin to 75/25. His presence is welcome and comforting (does that sound like I’m reviewing a masseur?!?) Feeling better about him today.
as his teammate, you don't have to endorse him in the thread. you can always go down the old bussing route and make things extra spicy for us. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

no but seriously Mongoose, what exactly about Colin's reply there made you feel "better" about him? i....i'm....baffled.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I think Colin has bought into the "too scum to be scum", and he's going all in :haha:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:23 pm
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 pm I’m going to upgrade Colin to 75/25. His presence is welcome and comforting (does that sound like I’m reviewing a masseur?!?) Feeling better about him today.
as his teammate, you don't have to endorse him in the thread. you can always go down the old bussing route and make things extra spicy for us. :p
Nah, we can get spicy 🌶 without being baddies! Pow wow.

I gotta go soon, I’ve got bills on the floor.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oooh by bills on the floor, does it sound like I’m in a strip club? I meant legislative bills during session.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm I think Colin has bought into the "too scum to be scum", and he's going all in :haha:
TBH I have been waiting for like, months to get a chance to do this but I haven’t rolled scum in a bazillion years.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ll check in again after N1 maybe. Ta ta for real
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
if Colin is civ, this is an example of tmi imo. unjustified "feeling better" about him after he makes some alarmingly confusing posts. she asks for clarification, and he gives it, which i still don't understand, yet she didn't ask what he means and gives him a 75% town read. baffled. consider me baffled.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm no but seriously Mongoose, what exactly about Colin's reply there made you feel "better" about him? i....i'm....baffled.
I felt pretty good about him in early hours, and it was only someone else’s read that made me go halfsies on him. And noticed I didn’t get him a full pardon. I’ll rifht more later about this seriously gotta jey
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Just like in early afternoon a few of you said you were feeling better about me. It’s hardly clemency
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm I think Colin has bought into the "too scum to be scum", and he's going all in :haha:
TBH I have been waiting for like, months to get a chance to do this but I haven’t rolled scum in a bazillion years.
>bazillion isn't even a real number.
>you aren't real.
>you're mafia.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 pm
It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:13 pm
It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.
that's a fair assessment, but some context goes a long way. town hasn't won a game for a while now. it's been a long losing streak. do with that as you please. of course you will.

Return to “Previous Heists”