Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by novaselinenever »

I re-read Mac. Bad. That's all.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 pm Does a scum Colin take on a civ dunya as an adversary in the thread? This just doesn't seem prudent.
He didn't seem to look for it, it was more as a response to her push. The way he attacks, and cheaply calls out posts "what's that", "what is this shit" might have compensating for him being scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:27 pm Who wants to play nightcrawlers?
Colin entered with a lowkey roleplay joke, which is the mildest of pings for me. Mafia entries can sometimes be awkward attempts to appear cool and collected. A semi-relevant joke is a common way to achieve that effect.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:54 pm [VOTE: Colin] aubergine
I think Sloonei is town based on his day 0 reads. But he oughta know better than this
I highlighted this post along with others as part of my "Colin is too safe" compilation. The point I made is that Colin seemed to be trying to de-escalate my scum read on him by trusting me right off the bat. Colin knows I can be loud, and a scum Colin doesn't want a loud guy to be on his ass all game.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 pm I suspect Colin for not giving me a reason to town read him but I don't think his activity in games recently is alignment indicative.
It sure isn’t.
Similar tactic with dunya. dunya was even more loud than me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am So: speedchuck is playing?
The first player he expresses any mild criticism of is speedchuck, who was totally absent at this point.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:04 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am I don’t really have any suspects right now, but I do not think it’s Sloonei or juliets. Luna is probably good, I can buy that emulating Jay thing.
What do you think about Dunya?
Neutral. Dunya is very good at assuming a town-looking position when scum but I don’t have any particular reason to read her either way.
Colin maintained some skepticism toward dunya most of Day 1. He cites her ability to fake her town voice when she's bad as his reason not to trust her. It's not hard to question the authenticity of this read. I'll see how it develops.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:06 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:02 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 am [VOTE: colin] aubergine

gimme an example of any game we played where you said i looked town.
The last one?
community? false. you went on and on about getting "rackled" by me day 1 and said mafia did a solid by killing me night 1 cos you can never town read me.
No. I was pinged early on but had no interest in lynching you regardless.
is that why you voted for me then? i don't see where i exhibited town-like behavior to you in that game regardless. re-read your day 1 in community.
It’s not “town-like behavior,” it’s “dunya town behavior.” Which is to say, hard-to-read anyway. I don’t care to really go down this rabbit hole any further, I was inarticulate but whatever leave me alone
dunya kind of misrepresents his statement on her here, but I don't love the way he shies away from controversy in the last line. It reads again like Colin is trying to avoid conflict.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 pm [VOTE: Dunya] aubergine

Let’s fucking DUEL my friend
He did cast this vote, but that tagline again seems to reduce the potential conflict of this post. It's a vote against the most vocal civilian in the game, but he dampens the authority of it by adding a playful challenge to it.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm ColinIsCool — obvs fucking town
dunya — prob town
juliets — prob town
Lunalee — lean town
M Plus 7 — null, nothing, should be grilled if around
MacDougall — close to null, should be grilled
Mongoose — read authentic town earlier, but should be grilled
novaselinenever — read authentic town earlier but that Frank post is BS
Sloonei — town but I’m anti-authority
speedchuck — bye
Everyone Is Town by Colin.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm I’d lynch anybody tbh. I’m a big lynch hoor
Everybody Is A Suspect by Colin

He ended up voting to lynch nobody. :suspish:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm Why all the cases on Colin? I needs someone to proffer items into evidence to substantiate this please. Okay seriously nail appt
Tbh I have to admit I’m struggling a little this time. My lack of scumreads is definitely a tell for mafia in an early phase but in my case I’m just illiterate
He's repeatedly referenced his struggles to develop reads this game. That may very well be the case. Or it could be that he's playing into the general sense of confusion in the thread.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm Okay I definitely will not have a chance to catch up. I am busy doing Charlie Work, so in good conscience I vote to punt.

[VOTE: NO LYNCH] aubergine
I can't like this decision. It's been discussed plenty already. I don't have anything new to say about it right now, except I guess that it contradicts his previous Lynch Hoor position. I wish I remembered what the poll looked like at this point.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:02 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:19 pm i do think juliets is bad, but i'm not a monster despite what you all think of me. no way would i lynch her day 1. :pout:
What the hell is this?
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:09 pm You guys just go ahead and vote for me. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm fine dying on night 1 again.
Day 1 started a little over 3 hours ago. We’re all just throwing crap at the walls. Join us.
I think Colin or speed or maybe both are bad. Colin was here but didn't make posts to further the game. I gave speed a bye for not posting much yesterday but he's had plenty of time today. For the time being I'll put my vote on Colin since he's actually been here more than speed.
On one hand I think people are just blowing smoke at juliets in these early pages and her frustration rings true. On the other this is a rather weak list — two dudes barely here?

1/4(ish)
Waffles.

Colin raises single points of criticism against dunya, nova, and i as part of his catch-up. I'll need to see how these reads develop.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm i'm sorry, i can't say "i'm not voting for so-and-so" because i enjoy playing with them as much as i wanted to in the beginning. this game is over after 2 mislynches and i don't want to hurt my team.

i do genuinely love playing with you, mongoose. and i feel bad i'm voting for you for this reason.
RING A LING A TING A LING A RING A TING A LING

(That’s an alarm bell going off in my head, given what I’m hearing from dunya right now.)
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm [VOTE: juliets] aubergine

I’ve tried giving her space to build cases and do her thing all day, but she hasn’t. I still do not have a clear sense of where her head is at in the scum hunting process. I usually do.
Sloonei has already outlined a billion reasons why he suspects me, reasons I can understand, so I’d find it odd if scum Sloonei thought juliets was an easier target, assuming she is town.
Remains critical of dunya. Gives me a townie point.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm Here are Colin Thoughts:

ColinIsCool: a Golden God.

dunya: I can not find a rhyme or reason to anything dunya does, which is NAI for me. I see a lot of changing opinions and a lot of seizing on small things to justify myriad votes but not a lot of progression or consistency in what she believes. I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.

juliets: super authentic throughout. She is as town as it gets.

Lunalee: suspect numero uno. She is letting other people duke it out and get attention, even letting other people come up with her reads. I think she is flying under the radar by design.

M Plus 7/llama: null

MacDougall: I agreed with nova’s assessment re: convictions. Then I thought, hmm, his argument with nova feels legitimate, but Mac is a Bastard Man, so I can see him arguing very persuasively as scum.

Mongoose: also seems very authentic a la juliets. No qualms here and I struggle to see where everybody else’s come from

novaselinenever: solidly town imo. Totally different playstyle from Community, I agree a lot with what he says.

Sloonei: town, but beware of false prophets.

My top 3 are Luna, Mac and dunya. There ye be
Colinthoughts. Dunya has no alignment despite everything he's said about her. Luna is his top suspect, waffles hard on Mac, and gives a strong town read on nova despite the criticism earlier. I'm not sure I love this post. He's done a lot of work to oppose dunya in the thread, but he stops short of calling her bad here. Given that she was killed Night 1, it's possible scum Colin wasn't actually concerned with carrying up the antagonistic act very long and just wanted to distract dunya a little on Day 1 while earning himself some town cred by challenging the town leader. Or something. The rest of the reads are generally uninspiring.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm I think Colin has bought into the "too scum to be scum", and he's going all in :haha:
TBH I have been waiting for like, months to get a chance to do this but I haven’t rolled scum in a bazillion years.
:suspish:
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 pm I voted no lynch because I did not feel like I could justify voting for anybody given how far behind I was in the thread. I had no strong scumreads until earlier this morning when I caught up. Strategically, I also think no lynch is not as terrible as people make it out to be, in select cases, such as having no good rationale to vote anyone. It’s distasteful, but I wasn’t going to cast a vote I didn’t believe in.

juliets I know you asked me something; I will get to it.

Dunya, I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
:suspish:

Today his top town reads are mongoose and juliets. His top scum read remains Luna.

I think if I'm going to allege a general point against Colin here, it's that his posts feel relatively disengaged. He has a few meaty posts that he made while catching up, but outside of his tinfoil on dunya there's not a whole lot of engagement with others in the thread. Most of his content came in the form of retrospective observations, which is the easiest hunting method to fake. I don't see him really participating in any ongoing discussions. That's the scummiest thing of all to me.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei you make a good point at the end there about not engaging in ongoing discussion. Colin mentions in the thread he had work dumped on him and that's his reason for not being around. I know that's an easy thing to fake, and I also know it's an easy thing to really have happen. I am always a little suspicious when people aren't around much but internally I don't want to believe they fake excuses (I don't want to believe it but it happens all the time so I accept it as reality). Have you known bad Colin to use reasons/excuses like this before?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Lunalee »

I'll be annoyed if Colin doesn't get lynched today.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
Luna takes the opposite approach on dunya compared to Colin.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 pm I think I'll try Jay's "find the town instead of the scum" strategy this game. I think it will be easier for me.
I awarded Luna an early town read based on this post. I still like it, but I give it less weight now because I don't feel she's done a whole lot with it.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 pm I assume that if I give any reads you’ll all just tell me that I look like some sort of bird, or that I have nothing to contribute, and that I should just give up trying.
This is a mafia
I don't like this :workit:
What about it? Mac saying "this is mafia?" or Sloonei preemptively giving up?
I like the question, but once again I don't see luna doing a whole lot with it.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm I'm adding nova to my town list:
dunya
novaselinenever
But she does quickly add nova to her town list before he even gives an answer. I can buy this if we take her first question to be a genuine inquiry for clarification, and not an interrogation of nova.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
tell me why you have gathered i'm town
dunya, your town is shining so brightly it hurts. Mostly the way you suspected juliets for her posts. I wouldn't have necessarily noticed anything about her, but you did and said something about it.
Continues to pump dunya full of town cred. My gut tells me this is an authentic read for reasons I can't articulate. Her follow up posts in which she talks about this read with dunya don't appear strained at all, and if she's scum being grilled under dunya's bright lights then she's not sweating it at all.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:03 pmI AM TOWN
idk if I trust that, Mac
She was skeptical of Mac on Day 1 but never really substantiated that position. But she was honest about that.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm Ew, per Sloonei's post, Colin really doesn't look good.
Luna caught some flack for this post, but I don't hate it. The reason we make cases on others is so that others might be influenced by them. If Luna was influenced by my case on Colin, so be it. This response seems to come from the nutella school of mafia which encourages players to call out their reads and feelings as they change on a whim. I'm not bothered by it.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 pm Also what's with the speedchuck votes? The guy hasn't even been able to play, and is pending replacement.
Luna defends the absentee rather implying suspicion like some others. She's naturally predisposed to defend chuck, but I kinda like this anyway. If luna is scum, she's got no reason to come to the aid of the easiest mislynch candidate in the game on Day 1.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm I'm adding nova to my town list:
dunya
novaselinenever
Updated town reads:
dunya
novaselinenever
Sloonei
juliets

Still a bit hesitant about voting Colin. He does look bad if you look at Sloonei's post analysis of him, but also I'm bad at reading Colin and literally just mis-lynched him in another game.

I'm between staying on Colin and switching to Mongoose. I want to trust dunya's hunch there.
What are your own original thoughts about Mongoose?
Mongoose has mostly defended herself, and given reads when asked. When she does provide her own thoughts, there is no real conclusion on if anyone is good or bad. Actually going through her ISO, I have yet to see her suspect anyone. She tends to defend rather than suspect. That can be a scum trait. I know because I've done it. I feel really bad suspecting anyone when I'm scum, so it's difficult to do.

linki: also dunya
She followed this up with a vote for Mongoose. Her thoughts make sense here, but Mongoose is an easy target if she's town. Not much easier than speedchuck though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:41 pm If juliets is telling the truth, then we either have a civilian 1-shot doublevoter and a mafia roleblocker in addition to her, or she’s the only non-vanilla role in the game.

If the former, then it might be prudent for the doublevoter to claim now. We could have two pseudo-cleared civilians instead of a single dubious cop claim. I think that would be more valuable than a single concealed double vote. The mafia roleblocker is essentially powerless now, assuming they can only block night actions.
Well okay. I'm the doublevoter.
Luna claimed doublevoter without much hesitation, which prompted a reaction from just about everyone. I engaged her on the topic just a few hours ago and came to favorable conclusion for her. If we believe that juliets is the cop, then there's a 50% chance a doublevoter exists in this game. No one has countered this claim (though some have said they wouldn't anyway, I think), and it would be a bold move for scum luna to pull, especially considering her apparent misreading of the matrix.

One concern that does need to be addressed is the seeming inconsistency in some of her reads this phase. Take the following progression for example:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
Expresses doubt about me.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:29 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:53 am If anyone missed it, I'm town :noble:
Okay Nova, but I just can't help but see that as a poker-face emoji. You're very close to getting your town card revoked from my list, btw.
What do you mean, lol?
Just that I'm losing confidence in my town read on you.
Followed by even stronger doubts about nova.

Then this mini rainbow:
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm [VOTE: Luna] aubergine

She was online yesterday and had enough time to roleclaim and comment on mac. I want more comprehensive reads than that. @Lunalee what do you think of Colin, nova, and me?
Current ranking in my head:
Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Followed by a full rainbow:
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool
The player called Sloonei is in a lot of flux on these lists. Apparently Luna had beef with his treatment of her roleclaim, and she also expressed doubt about his response to Nova v. Mac, but in the first of these rainbows, Sloonei is green and sits atop her three-piece list. In the next list, Sloonei is second from the bottom and orange. All that had happened in between was the conversation of which these two rainbows are a part. The points which luna expressed against Sloonei both occurred prior to List #1, but apparently were not factors until List #2. Nova leapfrogged Sloonei in this time.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm @thellama73 I don't think I've interacted with you at all this game, but Hi, I'm luna, and I like your posts. I also feel like Colin is more likely to be bad than mongoose. And you're confidence in mongoose says a lot since I gather you two have played mafia together before.
On another subject, I am of two minds about this. Luna is conscious of her lack of interaction with llama to this point. I could see this as a good look on her part, making an effort to correct that. Or I could read it as luna being perhaps too self-aware and wanting to make sure she's not accused of avoiding anybody. With a gun to my head, I'd go with the former.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm And I'll need you to elaborate on that Colin read more. You say you don't like his eagerness to suspect you. Why not? And why do you characterize it as "eagerness"? Lunalee
I've given you my opinion on Colin. I would like to hear what you think of him.
This is the post during my questioning of luna earlier where I began to feel good about her. She seems to lose interest in my attempts to grill her and turns it around on me instead. If she's scum, she might feel the pressure a bit more and feel more of an impulse to explain herself. Instead she tells me I can shove it and makes me explain myself.

Her most recent post before leaving was a call for Colin to be lynched. Based on the two ISOs I've just done, I'd prefer to listen to luna than lynch her. Contrary to final word on Colin, luna's actually been relatively engaged with people. A lot of her contributions are direct interactions, one-on-one exchanges, and shoot-from-the-hip style reads. She hasn't been the most vocal player, but upon rereading her I don't feel like she's hiding from anyone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 pm Sloonei you make a good point at the end there about not engaging in ongoing discussion. Colin mentions in the thread he had work dumped on him and that's his reason for not being around. I know that's an easy thing to fake, and I also know it's an easy thing to really have happen. I am always a little suspicious when people aren't around much but internally I don't want to believe they fake excuses (I don't want to believe it but it happens all the time so I accept it as reality). Have you known bad Colin to use reasons/excuses like this before?
I can sympathize with having time constraints, but the issue I have with Colin has to do with how he has utilized his available time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Compiling an ISO post on Mac is a pain in the ass because all of his posts are like 2 sentences long and he's (by design) all over the place. Nobody's a better embodiment of the "shoot from the hip" style of play that I just alluded to in my Luna ISO. Also, I've never been able to read Mac well in like 25 years of playing together. BUT in scanning through his posts just now I started to sense a more natural direction than I had previously registered in his posts. When he suspects someone, he expresses it in very strong terms. This is always the case with Mac. But he's not been afraid to change his focus, and he's seemed at least passingly interested in doing his own independent things at times.

I didn't see much of anything in [mention]MacDougall[/mention]'s posts about llama or Mongoose though. It would be cool to hear some thoughts on them. Colin and nova have been the primary targets of his suspicion, with some points against myself and luna as well. I guess I just want a more comprehensive view of the game from Mac so I can better judge where exactly his head is at right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel better about Mac and Luna than I did before these ISOs. I feel worse about Colin. I'm gonna vote for him now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 pm Does a scum Colin take on a civ dunya as an adversary in the thread? This just doesn't seem prudent.
I touched on this in my ISO. Considering she died Night 1, it's plausible that scum Colin would have engaged her to A) appear bold by standing up to the vocal town leader and B) distract her a little bit during the only day she'd be alive in the game. Note that he never went so far as to accuse her. He just nitpicked her posts and always wound up back on "NAI".
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

After the matrix issue with Luna I find her original claim believable and I like/agree with most of the points in Sloonei's ISO of her. I am not likely to vote her.

I'm also glad to know all I have to do next time Sloonei tunnels me when I'm civ is tell him to shove off!

I have started reading Mac's posts in Assassination Classroom where he's bad and he actually defends a comment I made in the thread that everyone jumped on me for. He says he had misread me before for the very thing they are pounding on (I get misread a lot). So bad Mac defends me and civ Mac suspects me. (Just kidding, I wish it were that easy.). Anyway, he tosses off reads when bad just like he does when civ in that game but I'm going to keep reading and see if I see anything I think is alignment indicative.

I am absolutely wiped out though. I'm going to have to continue this in the morning. At this point in time I would have to say my vote will go to Colin. I'm afraid though he's going to come in and defend himself credibly after I'm gone for the day. So in the morning I will look at Mongoose and finish looking at Mac (I'm not even sure we're doing Mac but I know nova is suspicious).

Also, yeah [mention]Sloonei[/mention] I saw where you addressed that in your ISO, thank you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm After the matrix issue with Luna I find her original claim believable and I like/agree with most of the points in Sloonei's ISO of her. I am not likely to vote her.

I'm also glad to know all I have to do next time Sloonei tunnels me when I'm civ is tell him to shove off!

I have started reading Mac's posts in Assassination Classroom where he's bad and he actually defends a comment I made in the thread that everyone jumped on me for. He says he had misread me before for the very thing they are pounding on (I get misread a lot). So bad Mac defends me and civ Mac suspects me. (Just kidding, I wish it were that easy.). Anyway, he tosses off reads when bad just like he does when civ in that game but I'm going to keep reading and see if I see anything I think is alignment indicative.

I am absolutely wiped out though. I'm going to have to continue this in the morning. At this point in time I would have to say my vote will go to Colin. I'm afraid though he's going to come in and defend himself credibly after I'm gone for the day. So in the morning I will look at Mongoose and finish looking at Mac (I'm not even sure we're doing Mac but I know nova is suspicious).

Also, yeah @Sloonei I saw where you addressed that in your ISO, thank you.
you and mac were also partners in a world asunder. do you remember anything from his performance there that might be useful?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Out of transparency, I only saw one movie as I ran out of steam, but I'm too wiped to do much more than catch up on your postings.

I'll be around tomorrow, but if anyone wants to assign me a re-read, I'm happy to do one. For instance, I wasn't too impressed with Nova's reread of Mac* (I am pretty sure he was joking about rereading him), for instance. Let's dig in.

* Disclaimer: This is not me saying that I think Mac warrants a re-read in particular.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm The tangent about the no lynch votes was exaggerated.
Perhaps people who have played with me before can attest that I have a history of railing against no lynch votes as being anti-town.

My pronouns are he/him.

Note to thread: repeating "we're not talking enough" is not contribution. If you want more dialogue, post analysis, not chastisement for quietness.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

I will retire from mafia forever if Nova is a civ
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm After the matrix issue with Luna I find her original claim believable and I like/agree with most of the points in Sloonei's ISO of her. I am not likely to vote her.

Also, yeah @Sloonei I saw where you addressed that in your ISO, thank you.
you and mac were also partners in a world asunder. do you remember anything from his performance there that might be useful?
I looked back at the beginning of Asunder and I see the same Mac, throwing out names of those he sees good and bad. Mostly the thing I remember about Asunder is how he was an outted baddie and still won the game. The man's powers are extraordinary.

I seem to remember in Ass Class though he was kind of absent in later game. It makes me nervous that we didn't hear from him last night at all.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 am I will retire from mafia forever if Nova is a civ
Get ready to hang up the spurs :beer:
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] Are you fine with how the votes are right now?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I know this to be true:
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:19 pm i do think juliets is bad, but i'm not a monster despite what you all think of me. no way would i lynch her day 1. :pout:

let's talk about how mongoose is mia today after getting a little heat from me yesterday

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine
My job is CRAZAY during legislative session. I had been up since 430, I even took a nap at 6 and then just super chilled the entire evening. Coming here didn’t even cross my mind (Jay, please don’t be offended).
Mongoose was accused of being defensive and this was her post. On re-read I didn't see her as defensive prior to this post. I have snipped the post:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm
As for being on the defense, sure I can defend myself but that doesn’t mean I’m defensive. I spent a LOT of time trying to thoroughly run through everyone’s questions for me and answering them fully. I didn’t want to brush anyone’s concerns off, and felt pretty confident I got to everything. In the end, I ran out of time. I was able to make some good thought out posts for day 1 and was actively hunting.
Just an interesting post here, dunya seems to indicate she saw Mongoose's Luna vote, so maybe something weird did happen to make it a No Lynch vote:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 pm I’m here and have literally 2 mins before I need to leave so I’ll vote but I probably don’t have time to reply to anything sorry!
so we got a no-u vote on luna?
I’ve been reticent to bring her up all day because you always get that as a response but I’ve been consistent on having her listed as who I feel the least best about. I can’t not pick her though just because she voted for me. Hope that makes sense
Overall I find Mongoose quite genuine. She is crazy busy right now but other than that first day where she was gone for a chunk of time she has been present. One thing that is interesting though is I don't see any responses to llama calling her slightly bad. It seems like that would be something she would want to address. Maybe I just missed it. [mention]Mongoose[/mention], I haven't seen any posts of yours about llama. What do you think of his read on you? What do you think about him being civ or mafia?

I'm not inclined to vote for her at this time, so I'm putting a vote on Colin. I am still a little wary about Mac though but thats based on his not being around for discussion. Maybe he just had a very busy Saturday.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I'm off to work. Won't be home until about 5:15. Please alert me on things you want me to see, especially any reasons you change votes or for those who haven't voted your rationale for voting. I probably won't have time to read everything before deadline.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might be quite late tonight on the host post. I’m out and about. Treat it as though the night will end on schedule anyway and get me any night actions.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm [VOTE: Luna] aubergine

She was online yesterday and had enough time to roleclaim and comment on mac. I want more comprehensive reads than that. @Lunalee what do you think of Colin, nova, and me?
Current ranking in my head:
Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Why is Colin bad? And who else is?
Why Colin's bad?
I just don't get a good feeling from going back and looking at Colin. First his "no lynch" vote following the list of reads he gave earlier in day 1 where the worst read he gave was "null"
He did strongly feel i was town, then switched on me by night one. Almost like scum colin realized he was getting no where by having no "suspects," so he turned to the easiest (in my opinion) suspect, myself.

Nova is still an enigma to me. I just can't read him.

I don't know who else is scum-compatible with Colin. Might need to look at that closer at that in case he's bad.
So can we talk about how Luna is just adopting other peoples’ reads of me when she said something completely different the last time she talked about me?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Not to mention “I can’t read Nova” ... cmon man. We’re in the weeds now. You have to feel something about a giy who has been here since D1
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm My tinfoil suspicion is llama person. Their contribution and presence are monotone, I've find everything they've done so far is in line with the thread. Not a lot of originality or risk.
Agree, but emphasis on tinfoil here.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:22 pm I feel worse about Colin after a quick re-read. I think he's taking advantage of that "it's just old colin messing around", and miking it. He dumbed down when he started to catch some heat. He then switched up to shitting on everything mode with an exercise (what's the purpose of it? what did he gain from it?) that is yet to be finished. The only thing he has going for him is the doubt that comes with "would scum Colin do this" which isn't much.
Exercise? What exercise?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:25 pm That no-lynch is absolutely disgusting lol. Civ Colin doesn't vote no lynch, I've seen him vote someone up for a bet and getting them lynched. I haven't known Colin to be shy about his vote.

The only explanation I can vibe with is scum!colin going for it to fuck with us :haha:
What in the world are you talking about? I have no idea what game this is meant to refer to and I think you’re confusing me with someone else.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Why in the world are people townclearing Luna because she doesn’t understand the Matrix? Nobody understands the Matrix!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: LUNA] aubergine

Nothing about Luna’s reads progress organically. They are all over the place and not even in a way that sounds justifiable when she’s grilled on it. That post llama highlighted as contrived was REALLY contrived as well.

If I get lynched because I voted no lynch because I’m busy at work then so be it, but I NEVER want to hear anyone again say I’m trying to outsmart you when I’m really just doing dumb shit by accident.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Tfw Jay puts no lynch in a game as an option after a reasonable discussion in Sloonei’s game and then Sloonei and some other mfers want to fucking annihilate you for choosing it
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:07 am I know this to be true:
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm

let's talk about how mongoose is mia today after getting a little heat from me yesterday

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine
My job is CRAZAY during legislative session. I had been up since 430, I even took a nap at 6 and then just super chilled the entire evening. Coming here didn’t even cross my mind (Jay, please don’t be offended).
Mongoose was accused of being defensive and this was her post. On re-read I didn't see her as defensive prior to this post. I have snipped the post:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm
As for being on the defense, sure I can defend myself but that doesn’t mean I’m defensive. I spent a LOT of time trying to thoroughly run through everyone’s questions for me and answering them fully. I didn’t want to brush anyone’s concerns off, and felt pretty confident I got to everything. In the end, I ran out of time. I was able to make some good thought out posts for day 1 and was actively hunting.
Just an interesting post here, dunya seems to indicate she saw Mongoose's Luna vote, so maybe something weird did happen to make it a No Lynch vote:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 pm I’m here and have literally 2 mins before I need to leave so I’ll vote but I probably don’t have time to reply to anything sorry!
so we got a no-u vote on luna?
I’ve been reticent to bring her up all day because you always get that as a response but I’ve been consistent on having her listed as who I feel the least best about. I can’t not pick her though just because she voted for me. Hope that makes sense
Overall I find Mongoose quite genuine. She is crazy busy right now but other than that first day where she was gone for a chunk of time she has been present. One thing that is interesting though is I don't see any responses to llama calling her slightly bad. It seems like that would be something she would want to address. Maybe I just missed it. Mongoose, I haven't seen any posts of yours about llama. What do you think of his read on you? What do you think about him being civ or mafia?

I'm not inclined to vote for her at this time, so I'm putting a vote on Colin. I am still a little wary about Mac though but thats based on his not being around for discussion. Maybe he just had a very busy Saturday.
Happy to help!

1. Yes, my vote DID go through for Luna, I am 100% certain. I apologize if I didn’t make that more clear in my explanation. That’s why it’s so weird it reverted.

2. I didn’t address it yet because a) he always finds me at least a little suspicious early on and b) it felt like dicta, or thinking aloud. And/or things I had already answered from other people, so I didn’t want to recapitulate my thoughts unnecessarily (however, if that’s what’s asked, I am absolutely happy to do that, I just don’t like to be boring and repetitive).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 am I will retire from mafia forever if Nova is a civ
novaselinenever
Hitman

So anybody is noticing how Mac is milking the fact that he's been my main suspicion to tunnel me back, and center his activity around me? Also ignoring my contribution outside of my read on him.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 am @Lunalee Are you fine with how the votes are right now?
not sure what they were at the time you posted this. I'll be fine with it if we lynch colin though.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:03 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 am @Lunalee Are you fine with how the votes are right now?
not sure what they were at the time you posted this. I'll be fine with it if we lynch colin though.
How about now? :noble:
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:03 am
How about now? :noble:
it could work, but still too close.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 am Tfw Jay puts no lynch in a game as an option after a reasonable discussion in Sloonei’s game and then Sloonei and some other mfers want to fucking annihilate you for choosing it
This gives me feels.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] You are very certain about Nova, who pinged me early on but hasn't done anything I've found suspicious in a while. Can you summarize why you are so sure he's bad for me?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am I might be quite late tonight on the host post. I’m out and about. Treat it as though the night will end on schedule anyway and get me any night actions.
:goofp: :goofp:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 am Tfw Jay puts no lynch in a game as an option after a reasonable discussion in Sloonei’s game and then Sloonei and some other mfers want to fucking annihilate you for choosing it
Is this your defense?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Talk about other people
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm back.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm
Talk about other people
That would go against milking my suspicions of him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tfw when you post an entire case on colin and intentionally avoid talking too much about his no lynch vote and he responds with “can’t believe you’re all voting me because of the no lynch thing.”

Tfw when Colin cites my previously-stated attitude on no lynches as a defense tactic, even though my previously-stated attitude on no lynches is “they suck.”
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I don't like how Luna's voters aren't considering the matrix episode at all.
novaselinenever
Hitman

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:22 pm I feel worse about Colin after a quick re-read. I think he's taking advantage of that "it's just old colin messing around", and miking it. He dumbed down when he started to catch some heat. He then switched up to shitting on everything mode with an exercise (what's the purpose of it? what did he gain from it?) that is yet to be finished. The only thing he has going for him is the doubt that comes with "would scum Colin do this" which isn't much.
Exercise? What exercise?
The Imma read back and quote post without saying anything but "what is this shit" exercise.
novaselinenever
Hitman

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:17 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:25 pm That no-lynch is absolutely disgusting lol. Civ Colin doesn't vote no lynch, I've seen him vote someone up for a bet and getting them lynched. I haven't known Colin to be shy about his vote.

The only explanation I can vibe with is scum!colin going for it to fuck with us :haha:
What in the world are you talking about? I have no idea what game this is meant to refer to and I think you’re confusing me with someone else.
The Community game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm
Talk about other people
That would go against milking my suspicions of him.
This doesn’t necessarily register as bad Mac to me. Why am i wrong?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Maybe a tie is a good thing. If luna is telling the truth, she can save herself by doublevoting colin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 pm I don't like how Luna's voters aren't considering the matrix episode at all.
I misread the matrix at first as well. I haven't played this type of game in a couple of years. I agree it's worth considering, but I just can't believe a civ would have made the post I highlighted from Luna.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:58 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 pm I don't like how Luna's voters aren't considering the matrix episode at all.
I misread the matrix at first as well. I haven't played this type of game in a couple of years. I agree it's worth considering, but I just can't believe a civ would have made the post I highlighted from Luna.
I also misread it. I was begging anyone early on in the game to explain how a matrix worked, so I didn't get it until literally the moment when i was posting such in the thread.

I've literally never seen matrix in a game before, so thought we used the whole 3x3 since they are nearly that many players (at the start anyway).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”