Total votes: 13
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Matahari »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
As I hadn’t even posted in the game, I assumed Epi was being goofy. How can you suspect someone who hasn’t even checked in yet?
@nutella I asked about the point of MM’s post because he quoted two posts of Ultras in the order that Ultra originally posted them. After noting that the game was a no claim game, Ultra started working on a way to claim without openly claiming. I wondered whether MM was trying to bring attention to that. I looked back through other posts, but I couldn’t find one that asked MM a question about Ultra, so I asked why he posted that.
I'm not looking for an explanation for why you quoted that post. I'm wondering why you haven't felt the need to comment on *any* other thread content so far.
[/quote]
Because I have understood, or thought I understood, the reason for other posts that have been posted. If I have a question, I ask. If I have something helpful to say, I will. But so far, I’m in reading mode.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm Forgot that the felicity player can't just post results

In that case, what we might want to try a coordinated effort to allow the felicity player to "claim indirectly"

Here's what I'm thinking, if all of us come together and decide on D1 that nobody is allowed to cast a vote, except for the felicity player who casts a vote on her peek, we get whoever we want out D1.

This doesn't break the claiming rules as far as I understand, because anybody can still step forth and vote. But if someone else does vote, we'll still know one is felicity and one is scum. So still a net +
Interesting idea but that would not only out them and give scum a target

But wouldnt it be better to hold off using that until late game where there’ll be more information regarding player alignment?
This has already been resolved and put to bed, but any type of maneuver like this would violate the no-claiming rules.
Well, the matter of coordinating a move like this has been put to bed.

I'm still interested in how we can acquire this information.

If we just suggest, for example, that the felicity player hints by voting out of the gate, without telling anyone else explicitly not to do that, I think it would be a huge stretch to consider that angleshooting.

Assuming the felicity player can get their peek straightaway (it says once per game, so I assume any time, but it might be a night exclusive action)

By the way

I still want to keep this topical

It felt like we got past the angleshooting aspect but nobody wanted to think about other possibilities

If we can recommend a hinting method for felicity player that's non exclusive and decided on a target, we should be doing that
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm Sloonei. World Flags Mafia.
Bastard Game. :meany:

happened after IASIP too. But whatever. Doesn't change anything about the fact that you tinfoil me every game. You can keep doing it, I just want to make sure we're aware of the frequency of it.
I do not tinfoil you incorrectly in every game. I don't have a list but I assure you World Flags isn't the only time I have caught you. This is a hollow defence and had the added bonus of discrediting my hunches. All the new people are gonna think I'm a dumbass and ignore me now. I wanted them to like me Sloonanus but now they think I'm a joke and it's all cuz of you.
You've correctly tinfoiled me in World Flags and Ancient Greece. You've incorrectly Tinfoiled me in the four games I listed in the previous post, and now you're doing it again here. My point is that you tinfoil me in every game regardless of my alignment.
So you are saying I have never town read you?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 pm

happened after IASIP too. But whatever. Doesn't change anything about the fact that you tinfoil me every game. You can keep doing it, I just want to make sure we're aware of the frequency of it.
I do not tinfoil you incorrectly in every game. I don't have a list but I assure you World Flags isn't the only time I have caught you. This is a hollow defence and had the added bonus of discrediting my hunches. All the new people are gonna think I'm a dumbass and ignore me now. I wanted them to like me Sloonanus but now they think I'm a joke and it's all cuz of you.
You've correctly tinfoiled me in World Flags and Ancient Greece. You've incorrectly Tinfoiled me in the four games I listed in the previous post, and now you're doing it again here. My point is that you tinfoil me in every game regardless of my alignment.
It’s been a while since you did not suspect me heavily early in a game, as far as I can remember. I don’t think you can deny that a trend at least exists.

I don’t feel this is a very productive area of discussion, but if you have specific questions for me I can answer.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] I'd like to see more thoughts from you.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

A lot happened while I was at work and it seems there are a good amount of players I haven't played with before. Nice to meet you new players!

From what I read a lot of the beginning conversation was about info dumping and all that which some games allow and some don't. I saw that mostly as attempt to strategize and get a feel for how games work on this site. I feel like even when it is allowed it can be risky for that person to out themselves because it leaves them open to being killed off. I remember in the one burglary I played in the cult thing was kind of frustrating because someone who you're pretty sure was town then becomes a cult member and it makes it harder to know who to trust. So I do see the merit in wanting to get rid of the recruiter before they can gain any new members. As people have said though it would have to be not obvious or explicitly stated.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm Let's ISO Matahari then.
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm I don't suspect Ultra. Bottom line.

I suspect Matahari.
:p lee me lone. I’m tryna watch Shetland.
I can buy this as a timid, forced casual entry by mafia.
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Hot take

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
This question exists. It is over a half hour old. I believe MafiaMenace replied? I dunno, the thread is moving at lightspeed. The point is I'm not sure what the point of this post is.
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
Okay, I can see the Matahari scumread earlier.
What scumread?
Then this. That middle post looks like the only attempt on Matahari's part to engaged in gameplay, and it's the bare minimum.

@Matahari do you have any first impressions on players so far? What's your typical approach to a game? Which players are you already familiar with here?
I don’t have any solid impressions on players so far. I don’t know a few of the players at all, and I know most players who are old school here. My typical approach is to read along, try to form opinions about how people interact with each other, ask questions if I don’t understand what people are trying to say, and I rarely post a ton. It usually take two to three days in old school games before I get solid feels on a player.
I have a similar play style. It usually takes me a little bit to get into the game and have reads on people.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am This is why I prefer anticlaim to just no claiming rules.
Modkillable claims?
No, like if the scum figured out you were Ollie, they could just kill you.

Depends on the setup. Like could be X shot. Could out scum if the guess is wrong. Could be used on place of a scum action.

The point is open setups are fine as long as every townie isn’t an innocent child via claim.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And leaving the decision up to the scum is better than leaving it up to the host because the number of hosts who will modkill over that is too damn low.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:13 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm Sloonei comes off as a bit stiff to me, just as a first impression
What does "stiff" mean in this context? is that a good or bad thing?
:blush:

Well you see, when a man really likes someone...
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm Mac: well I'm just being cautious about him bc you know. But actually he did kinda ping me with this post
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 am This game has a good cast. There are invariably going to be some solid and prolific players who have rolled anti town here because of how many anti town roles there are and they will be trying to control the narrative... because they have to.

Concurrently if you are a civ and can give top effort I want some balls to the wall here. We aren't winning this on info. Civ voices need to dominate the thread. I want 150 pages. I want a bloodbath of analysis. I am going to be ruthless if you are phoning it in and I expect better of you. You know who you are.
Perhaps he is one of those players who have rolled anti-town, and that's why it's on his mind. :ponder:

Also he suspected Epi for giving out town reads which is something town Epi does and actually I believe Mac did the same thing in scrimmage.

Mata has checked in only to laugh off Epi's statement of suspicion of her and to provide some slank cover.

Mafmen is just focused on mechanics and I feel like there were bits of it that seemed like they could have come from a scum perspective
Are you saying Mac was scum reading Epi because of the same thing he’s saying here?

Or is it that Mac was also easily handing out townreads.

Re: MM
What looked like it came from scum?

The first one.

re: mm, I'll have to look back but (a) not being as worried about the cult as ultra was, and (b) miscounting the kpn (could be faked ignorance or could be that his understanding was skewed for some other reason). and (c) just more generally he seems quite focused on the scum team mechanics as a topic (not counting Vig/SK in kpn for instance)
Okay then (a) why are you using ultra as a frame of reference for MM (b) that looks more like a tinfoil rather than a derp!town consideration (c) why doesnt he ask scum team for clarification regarding his kill instead of posting the numbers itt

Like i had a reason to view it as less town and figured we’d mindmeld on it but we didnt

Point is that it looks like words for the sake of words. Like he’s doing something rather than just twiddling thumbs
Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.
I need a thonk emoji

Like the thinking emoji but derpy :ponder:
:confused: maybe?

That's my contribution for today.

I'm really tired.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:44 pm And leaving the decision up to the scum is better than leaving it up to the host because the number of hosts who will modkill over that is too damn low.
Are you still going on about this? :goofp:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:22 pm

It’s been a while since you did not suspect me heavily early in a game, as far as I can remember. I don’t think you can deny that a trend at least exists.

I don’t feel this is a very productive area of discussion, but if you have specific questions for me I can answer.
But... you brought it up though
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am
MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 pm

at first glance cult looks pretty harmless early game, in my personal opinion it should be spent on someone like deathstroke, it brings down the average kpn from 2.5 (i assume) down to 1.5

i dont see any posts of ultra that would let me make a read as they are all pregame fluff which happens or strategic thinking which comes from both alignments
I agree with this.

The maths change on if we can win with the cult or not but I’ve played several games were the scum team was fairly obvious but we couldn’t eliminate them because nks overpowered lynches. I’ve also played several games where the sker shot a goon or two and got lynched, which made the game a huge uphill battle for the wolves.

Don’t lynch the sker at mylo. Do lynch the sker on D1 or D2.

It’s kinda bullshit to take the hardest role to win as and use a one shot to eliminate it immediately though.
So if the sker isnt lynched D1/D2 then it keeps going until we reach mylo? And then we dont kill them?

This doesnt make sense to me expound
No, it’s just more likely we end up in a situation where we can’t afford to lynch the sker the longer the game goes on and we get a win easier if he makes an early exit.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:22 pm

But... you brought it up though
I did. It has ceases being productive
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Post by DrWilgy »

Guys.

11 pages.

Day 0.

Stoooooop.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm If I am mafia GTH sounds great though.
Honestly it gives so much ammo but I love it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm Mac: well I'm just being cautious about him bc you know. But actually he did kinda ping me with this post
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 am This game has a good cast. There are invariably going to be some solid and prolific players who have rolled anti town here because of how many anti town roles there are and they will be trying to control the narrative... because they have to.

Concurrently if you are a civ and can give top effort I want some balls to the wall here. We aren't winning this on info. Civ voices need to dominate the thread. I want 150 pages. I want a bloodbath of analysis. I am going to be ruthless if you are phoning it in and I expect better of you. You know who you are.
Perhaps he is one of those players who have rolled anti-town, and that's why it's on his mind. :ponder:

Also he suspected Epi for giving out town reads which is something town Epi does and actually I believe Mac did the same thing in scrimmage.

Mata has checked in only to laugh off Epi's statement of suspicion of her and to provide some slank cover.

Mafmen is just focused on mechanics and I feel like there were bits of it that seemed like they could have come from a scum perspective
Are you saying Mac was scum reading Epi because of the same thing he’s saying here?

Or is it that Mac was also easily handing out townreads.

Re: MM
What looked like it came from scum?

The first one.

re: mm, I'll have to look back but (a) not being as worried about the cult as ultra was, and (b) miscounting the kpn (could be faked ignorance or could be that his understanding was skewed for some other reason). and (c) just more generally he seems quite focused on the scum team mechanics as a topic (not counting Vig/SK in kpn for instance)
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

a, i already said that the legends arent the issue in the earlygame
b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
Don’t worry about it. Nutella is just scum anyway.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm

You want this smoke?
Hey there pal are you free to participate in a GTH exercise?
The thread is full of productive play right now and it is early and opinions are not yet formed. I do not think GTH is required at present and in fact is likely to just suppress better scum hunting.

See my GTH in scrimmage for reference.
Hey I actually agree with this

I see scum initiate gth exercises more often than town i'm pretty sure lol
Tbf, mostly because I keep ranting scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm Hello, I'm checking in!
Hi, LC.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

I think you’re a riot
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
looking at how to use prs
but im mostly focused on felicity
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
power roles (anything but citizen)
since this is a role madness game this is probably the wrong word to use
Ok so you are focused on how the civs can deal with the non-civ power roles and how Felicity's pr fits in to that strategy? I know this seems picky but I'm just trying to understand your focus so I can better determine if your actions are civ or not.

Iinki again - don't even have time to get my thoughts straight before there's more to think about
How did you get here with this idea? Like where did he say that he’s focused on how civs can deal with non-civs?

Like i see point a, and c respectively, but what happened to b?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 pm Oh man, when Felicia dies, I get to say BYE FELICIA.
Scummi epigtoastis
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am
MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 pm

at first glance cult looks pretty harmless early game, in my personal opinion it should be spent on someone like deathstroke, it brings down the average kpn from 2.5 (i assume) down to 1.5

i dont see any posts of ultra that would let me make a read as they are all pregame fluff which happens or strategic thinking which comes from both alignments
I agree with this.

The maths change on if we can win with the cult or not but I’ve played several games were the scum team was fairly obvious but we couldn’t eliminate them because nks overpowered lynches. I’ve also played several games where the sker shot a goon or two and got lynched, which made the game a huge uphill battle for the wolves.

Don’t lynch the sker at mylo. Do lynch the sker on D1 or D2.

It’s kinda bullshit to take the hardest role to win as and use a one shot to eliminate it immediately though.
So if the sker isnt lynched D1/D2 then it keeps going until we reach mylo? And then we dont kill them?

This doesnt make sense to me expound
No, it’s just more likely we end up in a situation where we can’t afford to lynch the sker the longer the game goes on and we get a win easier if he makes an early exit.
Oh gotcha
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:33 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.
This seems like potential backed-into-a-corner-word-salad of an explanation

could you elaborate on this in a clear matter
When I originally stated my reason for suspecting MM I said it was because he was focusing on mechanics and that there were parts of that discussion which specifically pinged me. Even disregarding the small specific pings, which both he and Lux dismissed as weak and I concede that they were, I still suspect him for the main reason of generally focusing on mechanics. That make sense?
Okay so then question!

Why is Ultra’s focus on mechanics towny here then? What makes it towny to you?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

When I originally stated my reason for suspecting MM I said it was because he was focusing on mechanics and that there were parts of that discussion which specifically pinged me. Even disregarding the small specific pings, which both he and Lux dismissed as weak and I concede that they were, I still suspect him for the main reason of generally focusing on mechanics. That make sense?
Serenade me with your take on why his focus on mechanics is suspicious

and what your other small pings were
It's an easy thing to talk about that isn't developing reads on other players. It's a way for scum to look productive in the thread without actually driving the scumhunting process.

Already discussed the other pings and they were shot down. Still have a hunch though.
This mindmeld is the only thing convincing me that you have potential to be town :cry:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:10 pm Guys.

11 pages.

Day 0.

Stoooooop.
:srsnod:

Enjoy your weekend before the D1 starts, guys, for reaaal
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
:disappoint:
Your suspicions are gravitating around people focusing too much on mechanics and I don’t see you as a driving force in the thread. You’re reacting rather than creating. It feels safe.
Sloonei treating day 0 like a super extension on day 1 is like good

But I think this is a bit early of a jump

I can see this coming from an anxious town or a trigger happy scum.

Since y’all apparently bus like there’s no tomorrow here, I’m leaning scum
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm

11 pages.

Day 0.

Stoooooop.

If you post the most before the game starts you get free town points
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm Should have tagged us to at least check in. So just asking, these whole 10 pages are just D0 posts right?
>see my meme expressing this exact thing
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm

11 pages.

Day 0.

Stoooooop.

:evileye: Now you tell me
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm

11 pages.

Day 0.

Stoooooop.

:evileye: Now you tell me
Tell you what
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:53 pm Suspecting people for mechanics talk is an easy strategy for scum to latch onto than mechanics talk. Discuss.
But it can also be pretty valid if all the player is doing is mechanic talk without any actual scum hunting/game solving in their posts. An easy way to look contributive.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm Should have tagged us to at least check in. So just asking, these whole 10 pages are just D0 posts right?
>see my meme expressing this exact thing
What?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 pm
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 pm
oh i swear to god

b, how is this a point?
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
Ok so you are focused on how the civs can deal with the non-civ power roles and how Felicity's pr fits in to that strategy? I know this seems picky but I'm just trying to understand your focus so I can better determine if your actions are civ or not.

Iinki again - don't even have time to get my thoughts straight before there's more to think about
How did you get here with this idea? Like where did he say that he’s focused on how civs can deal with non-civs?

I was paraphrasing what I thought he was saying. I'm not sure what point you're saying is missing - he said it was strategic, and he was looking at non-civ power roles, and he was looking at felicity. He replied what what I said was basically what he was saying so I assume my paraphrase is correct.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm But seriously @Sloonei Mata is my top suspect right now. Her iso is crap.
It’s day 0 and people are already isoing?

Has 24 hours even passed?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
me: *says who I suspect and talks about it for several posts*
sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
sloonei: *is mafia*
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm

linki
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!

I was paraphrasing what I thought he was saying. I'm not sure what point you're saying is missing - he said it was strategic, and he was looking at non-civ power roles, and he was looking at felicity. He replied what what I said was basically what he was saying so I assume my paraphrase is correct.
I think what I’m missing is how you got your paraphrase since I didnt see that in what he was saying
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:53 pm Suspecting people for mechanics talk is an easy strategy for scum to latch onto than mechanics talk. Discuss.
False. You can talk about mechanics forever. Talking about people talking about mechanics is harder to fake.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm :nod: Low-hanging fruit. I agree with Sloonei.
So do you have any other reads outside of this? Is this a read?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

linki
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!

Ih wait! I read your question wrong. The part about looking at the civs dealing with the non civ power roles is what you are asking about. That was my deduction about what he was saying. That's why I was checking my paraphrase with him at all instead of just assuming my deduction was correct.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:56 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Crap ton of linki
Okay, I can see the Matahari scumread earlier.
What scumread?
Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
As I hadn’t even posted in the game, I assumed Epi was being goofy. How can you suspect someone who hasn’t even checked in yet?
@nutella I asked about the point of MM’s post because he quoted two posts of Ultras in the order that Ultra originally posted them. After noting that the game was a no claim game, Ultra started working on a way to claim without openly claiming. I wondered whether MM was trying to bring attention to that. I looked back through other posts, but I couldn’t find one that asked MM a question about Ultra, so I asked why he posted that.
It was me because i said that ultra was town for it

MM said that it was NAI
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm

sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!

Ih wait! I read your question wrong. The part about looking at the civs dealing with the non civ power roles is what you are asking about. That was my deduction about what he was saying. That's why I was checking my paraphrase with him at all instead of just assuming my deduction was correct.
Okay fair.

So it wasnt something he said directly? Just something you thought he was saying to which he agreed
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm :nod: Low-hanging fruit. I agree with Sloonei.
Nothing to report yet, sir!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:44 pm And leaving the decision up to the scum is better than leaving it up to the host because the number of hosts who will modkill over that is too damn low.
Are you still going on about this? :goofp:
I’ve included fake modkills in games I’ve hosted. Bro, I’m so far ahead of the curve. Just trying to get you to catch up.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:13 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm Forgot that the felicity player can't just post results

In that case, what we might want to try a coordinated effort to allow the felicity player to "claim indirectly"

Here's what I'm thinking, if all of us come together and decide on D1 that nobody is allowed to cast a vote, except for the felicity player who casts a vote on her peek, we get whoever we want out D1.

This doesn't break the claiming rules as far as I understand, because anybody can still step forth and vote. But if someone else does vote, we'll still know one is felicity and one is scum. So still a net +
Interesting idea but that would not only out them and give scum a target

But wouldnt it be better to hold off using that until late game where there’ll be more information regarding player alignment?
This has already been resolved and put to bed, but any type of maneuver like this would violate the no-claiming rules.
Well, the matter of coordinating a move like this has been put to bed.

I'm still interested in how we can acquire this information.

If we just suggest, for example, that the felicity player hints by voting out of the gate, without telling anyone else explicitly not to do that, I think it would be a huge stretch to consider that angleshooting.

Assuming the felicity player can get their peek straightaway (it says once per game, so I assume any time, but it might be a night exclusive action)

By the way

I still want to keep this topical

It felt like we got past the angleshooting aspect but nobody wanted to think about other possibilities

If we can recommend a hinting method for felicity player that's non exclusive and decided on a target, we should be doing that
She can just start hard scumreading someone and when she dies we know who it is
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm
Nothing to report yet, sir!
Alright, soldier! Keep me updated on your thoughts!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 pm Oh man, when Felicia dies, I get to say BYE FELICIA.
Scummi epigtoastis
Gth would Epi enjoy the movie Friday? 🤔
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Okay so then question!

Why is Ultra’s focus on mechanics towny here then? What makes it towny to you?
I never said ultra was towny for the mechanical stuff, he's towny for other reasons
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”