[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Re: [Day 2] Better Off Ted

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm this is the part where we lynch Creature
Why do we do that?
For once can the answer just be "because I am pretty sure he is bad"? Like just for once?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Creature[/mention] if there's anything that I've learned in my time on this planet it's that if you sus bwt day 1 and he's not bad, you are. Wanna flip that coin buddy?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Dragomir »

SokothQultuq wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 am
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
Why is it such a bid deal for you over how he presented his read on Creature? Is this some indirect worry and defense to your scum buddy? Though you did vote Creature up later on so hmm.
I was trying to understand his method. I look at someone who just drops a vote on someone with high suspicion when they don't explain it. It looks like a fishing expedition but clearly they have a reason. OR at least I think they should. I guess the way I play is more deliberate, I only vote when I feel I'm certain. With the exception of day 1 and 2, because were still feeling things out.

Also, you have to ask questions to get a response in order to get a read. Or you can just lurk in the background and hope your questions are answered by someone else stepping up to cause a ruckus.
Asking questions and whatnot is what ppl who prod others do. That's not my playstyle. I tunnel right from the beginning.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

balls
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm this is the part where we lynch Creature
Why do we do that?
For once can the answer just be "because I am pretty sure he is bad"? Like just for once?
Yes. [VOTE: Creature] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Why do we do that?
Yes. [VOTE: Creature] aubergine
:hugs:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm in.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Oreki
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Oreki »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm
Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am I'm not finished with reading yet but looking at the thread, @birdwithteeth11 comes off quite aggressively and his behavior not really feel like town behavior, it's more comes off as a wolf for me. They way he ask players or point out thinks Kinda coming forcefully. I will read the entire thread and will provide my reads on my suspect along with birdwith.
I shall await responding to this until you post your case. But I am curious on your reads since I'm pretty sure I never played with you before.
Forget it, I still have a hard time making case due to not being an experienced player in the mafia. But I'll try my best

Right now I don't seem to able to find any scumminess in anyone though your post comes off more aggressively, forcefully. You're indeed one of the most active players in this game but your play feels passive even though you decline or point out a lot of things. I want to know who are your main suspects and why? Just quick question to confirm something
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm
Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:56 am
Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am That's not a mafia tell.

Nice try, though.
If it's not mafia tell, you could at least counter his argument. But just telling it's not mafia read, doesn't give any type of defense or proof
Because it really shouldn't be given proof. It's just pretty plain obvious, like the fact Earth is round.

Saying it's a mafia tell is as ridiculous as saying gamesolving is a mafia tell.
So I'll ask you another question, will you just gonna eliminate the entire discussion by just saying it's not mafia tell? If you think it's not mafia tell then you could give us a reason why
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Re: [Night 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 pm good LORD please stop with the long ass quote pyramids

Literally there's no need it's just fucking obnoxious
It doesn't really work like that.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

[VOTE: CREATURE] aubergine
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

I didn't like the way he approaches the situation
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

[VOTE: CREATURE] aubergine

This DP is low on reads I figured out, it also just started so it's fine. I reread the beginning of the last DP up to the middle and then scrolled the end.
I understand the reasoning behind Creature's vote. And I go along with it in hope that it might become more dynamic.

I also totally townread birdwithteeth11 after rereading because he actually tried to do more game solving than anyone else and he is not agressive enough to be scum.

Also the nightkill has been janitored? Do I see it correctly?

Also I must say that Oreki is also experienced as me, even more I guess.
I got quoted brb.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]Rej[/mention] you have to vote in the poll at the top for it to count, the tags are just for tracking and the format is [ vote ] name [ / vote ]
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

SokothQultuq wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm So I find myself in a quandary. Sorry this conversation stood out to me for the overnight. I'm still looking into the other post but wanted to get my thoughts out.

I still have my reservations about Creature but this conversation with Rej and Dragon has pulled my focus. The entire thing unfolded rather interestingly to me. I don't feel like anything was resolved aside from a bunch of accusations being tossed about.

Rej professes and says he's new to the game, how true is this? He started out the game making posts that would lend to that effect. The post about not knowing where the "voting" thing is. Questions about mechanics and such. But then this showed up:
Rej, you've played multiple games with me where I just out of the blue stated that I am town. I flipped town in all of them. Also, you've never questioned me doing this nor thought of it as a scum tactic so I'm not sure what you're doing here.
- said by Dragon to Rej

While I'm sure there are differences in mechanics between sites I feel like this kind of shines a light that you know more about the game than your trying to portray.

Dragon came in like a wrecking ball a couple of times. I mean his first post in the game right of the gate was to vote for Rej. (You two got a bone to pick with one another?) but without any context. But then played it off in his next vote for Rej. But hardly any activity before this? You made no case, you didn't ask questions. Just bam, voted rej. Not going to quote that ball of mess that was your back and forth with him, but you finally came out and started giving reasons but you slammed him hard for semi-trivial posts. I get that he's new, and could be using that as a crutch against us. But I feel like this is an axe to grind and maybe not even a legit game mechanic. I feel like your posts went literally no where, just posturing and name calling. And then they just ended. Abruptly.

You both were pretty silent early on in the game for whatever reason, and then Bam the conversation to end all conversations. So I feel like all of that was either for our benefit in some way, you two teaming up to try and make yourself look good as bad people, or Rej is playing "New" while he's not and or he is actually new and was caught off guard and put back on his heels and went hard into that conversation out of a misguided attempt to defend himself and got baited or your both Townies just posturing I'm really confused by this conversation because there was a lot of other themes brought into it.

I don't have a full opinion just yet, but it certainly makes me curious about the two of you. I don't really know the two of you or your play style with only 4 games under my belt now.
Hello to my defense: I only played on ONE forum right now, while I know Dragomir and Oreki and others (Juliet and more) do play on multiple platforms. I went into this forum with the promise of meeting experienced and crazy players having next level plays etc. That's why I consider myself "new" even tho I am experienced. I also stated it that I have already some experience. I play mafia totally for...some months I dont know, maybe 3 maybe 4. So yeah...that's all, I just try to make next level plays (what I consider myself next level play), go into depth and find stuff out etc.
Me vs Drago was just because of comfort, I was a comfortable target for Drago, he almost knew how I would react when he nitpicks me and our discussion faded off because as I understand it, it's not healthy to focus way too much on it, so glad you are here and objectively add your opinion to it.

I still can't trust Mac and Drago this game. But at this point my assumption is correct or am I paranoid?
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am @Rej you have to vote in the poll at the top for it to count, the tags are just for tracking and the format is [ vote ] name [ / vote ]
you are an angel, thanks <3
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 am [VOTE: CREATURE] aubergine

This DP is low on reads I figured out, it also just started so it's fine. I reread the beginning of the last DP up to the middle and then scrolled the end.
I understand the reasoning behind Creature's vote. And I go along with it in hope that it might become more dynamic.

I also totally townread birdwithteeth11 after rereading because he actually tried to do more game solving than anyone else and he is not agressive enough to be scum.

I got quoted brb.
That's not how the vote works. Go to full editor and preview and clock the "vote" icon. Then type in the player's name. Also, don't forget to vote on the poll. That's where it actually counts.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And I don't think there's a janitor it's just usually standard on our site for nks not to flip.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 am And I don't think there's a janitor it's just usually standard on our site for nks not to flip.
So it's like real life mafia where people also unlikely reveal the flips. Nice.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am
SokothQultuq wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm So I find myself in a quandary. Sorry this conversation stood out to me for the overnight. I'm still looking into the other post but wanted to get my thoughts out.

I still have my reservations about Creature but this conversation with Rej and Dragon has pulled my focus. The entire thing unfolded rather interestingly to me. I don't feel like anything was resolved aside from a bunch of accusations being tossed about.

Rej professes and says he's new to the game, how true is this? He started out the game making posts that would lend to that effect. The post about not knowing where the "voting" thing is. Questions about mechanics and such. But then this showed up:
Rej, you've played multiple games with me where I just out of the blue stated that I am town. I flipped town in all of them. Also, you've never questioned me doing this nor thought of it as a scum tactic so I'm not sure what you're doing here.
- said by Dragon to Rej

While I'm sure there are differences in mechanics between sites I feel like this kind of shines a light that you know more about the game than your trying to portray.

Dragon came in like a wrecking ball a couple of times. I mean his first post in the game right of the gate was to vote for Rej. (You two got a bone to pick with one another?) but without any context. But then played it off in his next vote for Rej. But hardly any activity before this? You made no case, you didn't ask questions. Just bam, voted rej. Not going to quote that ball of mess that was your back and forth with him, but you finally came out and started giving reasons but you slammed him hard for semi-trivial posts. I get that he's new, and could be using that as a crutch against us. But I feel like this is an axe to grind and maybe not even a legit game mechanic. I feel like your posts went literally no where, just posturing and name calling. And then they just ended. Abruptly.

You both were pretty silent early on in the game for whatever reason, and then Bam the conversation to end all conversations. So I feel like all of that was either for our benefit in some way, you two teaming up to try and make yourself look good as bad people, or Rej is playing "New" while he's not and or he is actually new and was caught off guard and put back on his heels and went hard into that conversation out of a misguided attempt to defend himself and got baited or your both Townies just posturing I'm really confused by this conversation because there was a lot of other themes brought into it.

I don't have a full opinion just yet, but it certainly makes me curious about the two of you. I don't really know the two of you or your play style with only 4 games under my belt now.
Hello to my defense: I only played on ONE forum right now, while I know Dragomir and Oreki and others (Juliet and more) do play on multiple platforms. I went into this forum with the promise of meeting experienced and crazy players having next level plays etc. That's why I consider myself "new" even tho I am experienced. I also stated it that I have already some experience. I play mafia totally for...some months I dont know, maybe 3 maybe 4. So yeah...that's all, I just try to make next level plays (what I consider myself next level play), go into depth and find stuff out etc.
Me vs Drago was just because of comfort, I was a comfortable target for Drago, he almost knew how I would react when he nitpicks me and our discussion faded off because as I understand it, it's not healthy to focus way too much on it, so glad you are here and objectively add your opinion to it.

I still can't trust Mac and Drago this game. But at this point my assumption is correct or am I paranoid?
I still think you're a wolf due to the way you tried defending yourself.

Also, the Juliets here is not the Juliet on OJ.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm a little concerned about how easy of a lynch creature seems to be rn. The low level of conversation/lack of anyone objecting makes me wonder if he's a mislynch and the real scum are sitting back contented with it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 am And I don't think there's a janitor it's just usually standard on our site for nks not to flip.
Why do you guys do that?
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am
Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 am [VOTE: CREATURE] aubergine

I got quoted brb.
That's not how the vote works. Go to full editor and preview and clock the "vote" icon. Then type in the player's name. Also, don't forget to vote on the poll. That's where it actually counts.
[VOTE: Creature] aubergine

the vote button damn, I start liking this forum Image
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am I'm a little concerned about how easy of a lynch creature seems to be rn. The low level of conversation/lack of anyone objecting makes me wonder if he's a mislynch and the real scum are sitting back contented with it.
Same here, that's why I expect people to switch and I am ready to switch once there is information, as I will actively check the thread the upcomming 6 hours and people will for sure build a case on the lynch. Who initiated it was it MacDougall?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am
Why do you guys do that?
Old ways. I think it makes more sense and adds a bit more mystery/sleuthing work to the gameplay
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think it was mainly Mac yeah though others had already wanted to lynch him from the previous phase
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:54 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am
Why do you guys do that?
Old ways. I think it makes more sense and adds a bit more mystery/sleuthing work to the gameplay
Don't really like that especially when you can't claim. Stripping away too much information from town.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 am I think it was mainly Mac yeah though others had already wanted to lynch him from the previous phase
Yeah because Kylemii initiated it DP1 and that's irritating me. I saw Creature as a passive game solving guy who just defended himself.
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

Great there's definitely scum in here:

Rej, Oreki, Dragomir, DrWilgy, Long Con, MacDougall

atleast we don't need to go elsewhere for today.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 am I think it was mainly Mac yeah though others had already wanted to lynch him from the previous phase
Yeah because Kylemii initiated it DP1 and that's irritating me. I saw Creature as a passive game solving guy who just defended himself.
Are you saying I'm town?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I feel like prohibiting claiming takes away a huge chunk of what mafia is.

I hate shooting in the dark.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Creature wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm
Are you saying I'm town?
I am 50/50 dont count my vote as absolute please. The others are sounding more absolute.
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 pm
Creature wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm
Are you saying I'm town?
I am 50/50 dont count my vote as absolute please. The others are sounding more absolute.
A few absolute scummy, a few others absolute idiot.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

This lynch is look too easy.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Yeah, there's like no resistance. Scum definitely wants this lynch to happen. Kyle even got killed to frame Creature.

This is a mislynch.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Creature wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm Great there's definitely scum in here:

Rej, Oreki, Dragomir, DrWilgy, Long Con, MacDougall

atleast we don't need to go elsewhere for today.
You are correct, if I had to bet on who it is, it'd be Long Con and Rej.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm Yeah, there's like no resistance. Scum definitely wants this lynch to happen. Kyle even got killed to frame Creature.

This is a mislynch.
Yeah agreed
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I felt that way about the Kyle kill as well
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: long con] aubergine he was too eager to join in Mac's party
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Oh yeah, I definitely see a scum in Long Con here. His posts last DP lacked any real substance and game solving. They were flat posts that didn't do anything to move the cart(make town progress in getting scum). He's way too agreeable with everything imo, especially with Creature. Makes it even worse as I believe scum wants this lynch to happen and he's fitting the bill of that scum.

Lastly, his iso on Sabie felt fake, forced and disingenuous. It was like "let me iso the person everybody suspects so it looks like I have actual reads and I ain't just sheeping."

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:15 pm This lynch is look too easy.
looking*
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm [VOTE: long con] aubergine he was too eager to join in Mac's party
Damn, I wanted to lead the wagon.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am I'm a little concerned about how easy of a lynch creature seems to be rn. The low level of conversation/lack of anyone objecting makes me wonder if he's a mislynch and the real scum are sitting back contented with it.

Working on catching up, but right now this is 100% my feeling, as I have Creature on my short list for town. Will continue catching up. I will not be voting him today, I just don't see it.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Holy shit, you ninja'd me twice now. And here I thought I was the first to point out that Creature's lynch is too easy.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Oh, LOL caught up. I thought there were going to be more posts. I'm going to go back and iso LC.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:53 am
Same here, that's why I expect people to switch and I am ready to switch once there is information, as I will actively check the thread the upcomming 6 hours and people will for sure build a case on the lynch. Who initiated it was it MacDougall?
Wait, so you're just going to sheep?

Rej is scum #2.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

It's the best thing going that isn't a Creature vote.

I will not be here for EOD today, but I have several hours still. So hopefully we can stay organized.

(Also, Creature, if you really are mafia, I tip my hat to you. lol :nicenod: )

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Can someone tell me who made a case on Creature so I can go read why he has so many people voting him? Just reading through this day phase I have to agree with nutella, there doesn't seem to be enough conversation today to warrant all those votes (some of which have changed to Long Con I think). And what is the case on LC? I'll ISO him but I'd like to understand the case on him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

juliets wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 pm Can someone tell me who made a case on Creature so I can go read why he has so many people voting him? Just reading through this day phase I have to agree with nutella, there doesn't seem to be enough conversation today to warrant all those votes (some of which have changed to Long Con I think). And what is the case on LC? I'll ISO him but I'd like to understand the case on him.
Kylemii and MacDougall made it, but Kylemii vs Creature was probably VV. So I tend Mac and Long to be scum who want the lynch to be happen. And this makes me see D1 from a different point of view.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”