Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 2)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 pm If you disagree with any of the explanations I gave, say so. If you're going to point at the colorful names and say they don't satisfy you then you're not really doing anything.
Say the thing, you hypocrite.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:10 pm Okay we’ve got 40some hours here here are the avenues that I think we should be pursuing

Creature
Colin
Sabie
sprityo

As you’ll note I sorted them by the letters their names start with.

To these four — who’s mafia? Give me names.
As far as everyone else goes, out of these four who is the most likely to be town?
I don’t have much time tonight to talk but if anyone has ideas I’ll take em.
I’d put Colin as my top town read in the bunch. I think I’ll do a trustfall later when I have more mental energy.
Like this... much consistency, Colin-was-green-and-all-others-were-orange/red in the rainbow. Easy answer, literally says nothing new besides a promise of, frankly, a keep-busy "exercise" that will be great at some point to keep you Civ-participation points high. Nah. You bad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 1)

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:41 pm Somewhat impulsive rainbow

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

My general impression from yesterday was that a lot of people did things which indicated Not Mafia to me, hence the big green tier. For Colin and Jack, their "Not Mafia" activities were simply seeming to not be all that bothered by the lynch. I think each of them would have had more to say during the lynch if they were bad. Jack especially.

Mac and Long Con are both in similar positions. Nothing they've done really screams "Town" at me, except that I feel they might be playing a more cautious or calculated game if they were bad. I took a glance at LC's recent scum performance in Zootopia, and I felt as though I could see a player (with my retrospective goggles on) who was very conscious of how his posts would be received before he posted them. Long Con in this game seems like he's just firing from the hip. I'm less confident when it comes to reading Mac than any other prominent Syndicate regular, but I'm gonna lean town in him for now because he brings good energy to the game.

I didn't ultimately vote for sabie and I still feel like the case against her is built on stuff that resembles Regular Sabie, but I've not seen enough to tell me that Regular Sabie and Mafia Sabie are really that far apart. The three names below her have combined to do zilch.

Creature is the name I'm tinfoiling right now. I'm gonna sleep on that a bit before I really dig into him. I've only played with Creature once, very recently. He was town and not drastically different than he has been here. He's had a bolder presence in this game, but I don't know that I feel he's really made anything happen in the game, which is my primary concern.

Ok, so this rainbow. Let's look at everyone who is not green.

We have Drago and Oreki, the two no-shows. Whoop-de-doo. We have sabie12, the most-discussed and most-suspected person in the game, right? Creature as the Proclaimed Tinfoil (so who can judge, and come on, he's rankling everyone with his harsh criticism anyway!)... ad also sprityo. Everyone else green, placated Civs.

Is sprityo your teammate? [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Show me your rainbow?

Oh, hey dude. Didn't see this until I went back to the last page. Ok, I'll do it. Gimme a sec.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 pm If you disagree with any of the explanations I gave, say so. If you're going to point at the colorful names and say they don't satisfy you then you're not really doing anything.
You explained the greens. You glossed over the oranges. F this response, I am analyzing you, and you just made me go through your ISO and it only supports the theory.

Linki: this was supposed to be at the start of my last post, but I forgot it in tab-land.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:02 am
You explained the greens. You glossed over the oranges. F this response, I am analyzing you, and you just made me go through your ISO and it only supports the theory.

Linki: this was supposed to be at the start of my last post, but I forgot it in tab-land.
I just meant the explanations in my rainbow post.

The oranges are orange because they haven’t done shit this game. How much analysis am I supposed to put into the like 3 posts they had between them?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:41 pm While the end result was uninspiring, I don't feel like this day was unproductive. The reason I had such a difficult time voting is because I had a number of players I was reading firmly as town, but none that I was reading firmly as scum. That's a good thing.
I’m ISOing Sloonei on my phone and I’ve gotta say it’s not fun.

Anyways this is either scum or a motivational speaker.
Also town usually doesn’t feel the need to explain their votes. But a motivational speaker town would so that option is still open.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

That is the correct response from Sloonei though at that time Spirtyo had a solid 7? posts so the counting is off
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:14 am

The oranges are orange because they haven’t done shit this game. How much analysis am I supposed to put into the like 3 posts they had between them?
:shrug: Yeah, and they comprised your whole suspicion list. Except for tinfoil-Creature. And sabie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 am That is the correct response from Sloonei though at that time Spirtyo had a solid 7? posts so the counting is off
That's the flavour of why I like sprityo as w/w there.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 127

Post by MacDougall »

Taking a while to get that rainbow Long Con? You wouldn't happen to be giving us the long con would you?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:21 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 am That is the correct response from Sloonei though at that time Spirtyo had a solid 7? posts so the counting is off
Oh I see throw Sprityo in with other low posters even though he’s produced as much content as some of the others who didn’t get put in that group (a la Jack)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:14 am

:shrug: Yeah, and they comprised your whole suspicion list. Except for tinfoil-Creature. And sabie.
I got a lot of town vibes on Day 1. Look at that post Mr Stark just brought up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I continue to dislike the approach which looks for the complete scum team before anyone has actually heen caught. It leads to reads like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Overall Sloonei’s Day 0/1 looks Town with the mild exception of the strange vote switch at the end but that’s the thing I think a mafia member would be very conscious of and a townie wouldn’t care as much. But if the pair was Sloonei/Sprityo he’d have no choice but to skedaddle off of his partner very quickly when it was gonna be close.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 am
I continue to dislike the approach which looks for the complete scum team before anyone has actually heen caught. It leads to reads like this.
You brought this up earlier in the game in response to Jack being goofy about you and Colin? being w/w.
I agree with it in principle but it seems like you’re only applying it when you’re the one being targeted.
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:11 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm Sloonei's switch to birdwithteeth looks bad now
I was on birdwithteeth most of the day. i was there before you.
There was some indignant analysis on behalf of Sloonei from creature’s post from me and Epi and someone else I think. This doesn’t strike me as very indignant analysis directly from Sloonei. This is more of a meta thing I can’t say how Sloonei would react to this if he were town/not town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Not complete... there's a third recruited member now, right?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:23 am Taking a while to get that rainbow Long Con? You wouldn't happen to be giving us the long con would you?
No, that's not really a long con, but actually I haven't started yet. I'm also having some drinks and watching The Society, and frankly I forgot I said I'd make one. It's not a trick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh yeah righteo
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 am
You brought this up earlier in the game in response to Jack being goofy about you and Colin? being w/w.
I agree with it in principle but it seems like you’re only applying it when you’re the one being targeted.
I forget the context in which I brought it up previously. But this is also a grievance that goes back many games. I’ve made a fuss about this in the past.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
TonyStarkPrime
MacDougall
sabie12
Jackofhearts2005

Creature
Birdwithteeth
Glorfindel
Oreki

ColinIsCool
sprityo

Sloonei

There ya go.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 am
I suppose so, but the Day 1 team would have only been 2-deep. But this is just semantics: I dislike the strategy of looking for connections before we know anyone is actually bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 am
I suppose so, but the Day 1 team would have only been 2-deep. But this is just semantics: I dislike the strategy of looking for connections before we know anyone is actually bad.
Don't worry, I won't follow up on that kind of thing until after you are lynched.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Guys it’s good to be playing again. I’m glad we’ve gotten back into the part I remember where everyone starts throwing things at each other and I get very confused because everyone is both so town and so wolf. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to play in the future but I’ll resolve to put in a game every so often. Thank y’all for making it enjoyable. Most of the time.

Okay I was gonna iso Colin but I’m tired so I’m not sure how far I’ll get.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I read it. It’s meh. There are a few things that stuck out to me that haven’t been mentioned but the rest of the stuff I covered two nights ago and Colin hasn’t posted much of all “today” so I don’t have much new to analyze.
I’m going to sleep.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hey have we already had the conversation about who the mafia probably recruited? Cause that's a fun conversation.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'd recruit Epi because he's funny in BTSC but that ship already sailed in that I'm not mafia and also he's not mafia.

Or Tony or Mac or LC. So basically most of my townreads.

Discuss!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would recruit Sloonei every day of the week
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 am Long Con
TonyStarkPrime
MacDougall
sabie12
Jackofhearts2005

Creature
Birdwithteeth
Glorfindel
Oreki

ColinIsCool
sprityo

Sloonei

There ya go.
Ah the old include yourself ping
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 am I would recruit Sloonei every day of the week
But I'd be such an obvious choice. I think they'd want to target someone who might be able to keep a lower profile. I base that solely off of how I would play and with no consideration to reality that other people would do it differently.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Valid point tbh. Probs a middling player like Jack or LC.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Me, after I just came off a big baddie victory? Nope.

I'm in every rainbow list I ever made.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Creature »

I'm fine lynching Sloonei considering she's being pretty antitown if town.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Creature »

Last mash experience told me to just kill anyone being bad like voteparking me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:46 am I'm fine lynching Sloonei considering she's being pretty antitown if town.
(he's a dude)
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Glorfindel »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm You know, if we keep being this discoordinated it's gonna be pretty easy for the supermutants to pick whatever wagon they want.
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm and that's what is happening.
[mention]Creature[/mention]: You mean like last EoD when we had, what was it? A four way tie? Or are you suggesting that every wagon then was Town and our Mafia friends had no axe to grind either way?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:14 am Valid point tbh. Probs a middling player like Jack or LC.
Lol thanks. :haha:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 am I would recruit Sloonei every day of the week
No offence, Mac but your impact on the game so far has been undeniably considerable. Your presence has been pretty consistently frequent and your posts have been provocative. You’re making a lot of waves. That’d be just the kind of player any Mafia team would want to convert.

Anyway, let me ask you. Your vote is currently on Sabie. Come EoD, and it becomes a tie between Creature and Sloonei, what do you do? Take a stance on one of them (and if so, which one) or sit on your hands? I’m just curious.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am Guys it’s good to be playing again. I’m glad we’ve gotten back into the part I remember where everyone starts throwing things at each other and I get very confused because everyone is both so town and so wolf. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to play in the future but I’ll resolve to put in a game every so often. Thank y’all for making it enjoyable. Most of the time.

Can I please get an explanation of the off-topic component of this post?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm
A message from Tandi

Night 1 Message:

This is Tandi 1000. Ha ha. I made that joke up all by myself. Look, I know people think I'm naive and useless, but I have things to say, and you should really listen to me!

Do not lynch: Epignosis, Glorfindel, MacDougall, Sloonei, or TonyStarkPrime. These are people I feel good about. Okay?
In defence of Sloonei, I’d like to quote this. I’d imagine Epi knows Sloonei’s Town and Mafia playstyles like the back of his hand. Unlike everyone else in this game, we can be certain of his alignment. If Epi has anointed Sloonei Town, that’s good enough for me.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 am
No offence, Mac but your impact on the game so far has been undeniably considerable. Your presence has been pretty consistently frequent and your posts have been provocative. You’re making a lot of waves. That’d be just the kind of player any Mafia team would want to convert.

Anyway, let me ask you. Your vote is currently on Sabie. Come EoD, and it becomes a tie between Creature and Sloonei, what do you do? Take a stance on one of them (and if so, which one) or sit on your hands? I’m just curious.
None taken.

Why is it becoming a tie between them?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 pm Probably not Glorf either.
Why is Sloonei fair game? Why is Glorf not?
I don’t have a good read on you. Glorf has seemed as genuine as ever.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 pm The number of people here that wouldn’t lynch Glor if he said “I am town” but who are voting Creature is interesting.
I would lynch Glorfindel if I suspected he were Mafia. I could lynch Glorf actually. Today. He's operating within a charming schtick that I assume is supported by some sort of JJJ instructional video that I have yet to watch. What a way to keep to the tight and narrow as a baddie. Schtick-and-roadmap, all in one. :shrug:
I'm afraid to even talk about Glor's alignment for fear he'll claim town.

I think Tony is town though.
I believe there’s a rule to prevent any of us from claiming any alignment so it’s moot
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ve been scum with sprityo and he’s a fair amount more calculated. I won’t vote him.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

What’s the deal with Creature? I don’t like his take on player salad but I haven’t been pinged so far.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:29 am I'd recruit Epi because he's funny in BTSC but that ship already sailed in that I'm not mafia and also he's not mafia.

Or Tony or Mac or LC. So basically most of my townreads.

Discuss!
Epi or Sloonei based on phase zero activity. Maybe LC. I feel like Jack would be too obvious for me and you’d posted like 4 times so I’d be scared.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am Guys it’s good to be playing again. I’m glad we’ve gotten back into the part I remember where everyone starts throwing things at each other and I get very confused because everyone is both so town and so wolf. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to play in the future but I’ll resolve to put in a game every so often. Thank y’all for making it enjoyable. Most of the time.

Can I please get an explanation of the off-topic component of this post?
Haven’t played here in some large amount of months and outside of one game on hcrealms a year ago I haven’t played anywhere else.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm
A message from Tandi

Night 1 Message:

This is Tandi 1000. Ha ha. I made that joke up all by myself. Look, I know people think I'm naive and useless, but I have things to say, and you should really listen to me!

Do not lynch: Epignosis, Glorfindel, MacDougall, Sloonei, or TonyStarkPrime. These are people I feel good about. Okay?
In defence of Sloonei, I’d like to quote this. I’d imagine Epi knows Sloonei’s Town and Mafia playstyles like the back of his hand. Unlike everyone else in this game, we can be certain of his alignment. If Epi has anointed Sloonei Town, that’s good enough for me.
Flip side argument: Sloonei knew that Epi was townreading him and killed him before he could change his mind.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t have a problem with Sloonei’s rainbow having read about it a few times now. It’s basic AF but nothing in that ranking feels like a stretch to me. In a low-activity game like this I would struggle to make one that’s substantially different.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”