NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:45 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 pm
|
|
|
V
All individual role actions cost 2 role points.
Λ
|
|
|
I was looking back at this personally if all actions have a cost I would assume they have a limitied number of uses I think we need to vote upon saving shots for the vig.

This is also backed up b my the claim from the other side of actions costing 1 instead of 2
Hmmm... this is a good point.
No it isn’t. For one I’m not convinced there’s a town sided vig. For another, can we even talk about roles? For a third, vigs are on average town-negative, we shouldn’t be trying to help them take more shots.
We aren't allowed to role claim but could be usefull to talk about still not claims but what we think and what thr uses might be could be a mafia vig or even a neutral all we know but I assume it would be at least one set of kills I fron town if soenone dies on the other side and two over here otherwise this is very anti town in my opinion
Spoiler: show
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I guess I should probably clarify, I think it’s proooooobably optimal to kill that slot, but I don’t think ty4 has done anything individually to deserve to die
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Oh my god, I actually can't count. ;-; There are 10 players here, not 11.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:51 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am Also while your here Nanook if you could see the other side what is/was your real on Nova/Ty4on
I didn’t really have a read on them before today, I hadn’t read them really. I’d say ty4on is maybe slightly townie but he’s in a tough position to evaluate tbh

Regardless of number a town core doesn’t always have to be majority to swing their weight around
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am Also while your here Nanook if you could see the other side what is/was your real on Nova/Ty4on
I didn’t really have a read on them before today, I hadn’t read them really. I’d say ty4on is maybe slightly townie but he’s in a tough position to evaluate tbh
Accidentally insa posted by was gonna say
That's not bad to hear I get slight town from them but the other side decided they were evil want to hear more from the next gonna call it drop in

Is the vanity wagon making anyone else (hyena) irrationally nervous or is that just me?
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 am Oh my god, I actually can't count. ;-; There are 10 players here, not 11.
Don't worry i also thought 11 for some reason
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 am I’m happy with that start. Unfortunately the rest of my TRs are on the other side.

Who else can we add? Should be at least 2 more if we wanna be able to throw some weight around.
Long Con and TLib are probably who I would consider right now, even if I don't have very solid reads on them. Just good vibes.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 am Is the vanity wagon making anyone else (hyena) irrationally nervous or is that just me?
Honestly extremely I scum read him but there's no resitance which means he is other alone extremely expendable mafia or just afk town.

What's your real on him individualy

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 am
That's not bad to hear I get slight town from them but the other side decided they were evil want to hear more from the next gonna call it drop in
Well, it’s hard to say how true that is—we couldn’t declare votes on the other side or tell other people to vote for a specific person, so nova being the kill doesn’t inherently mean he was found the most scummiest. IIRC Epi and 112 and to a lesser extent radishes and spirityo and Lexi were the most popular scumreads, with nova slotted in thay second tier.

But who knows how votes actually went, it’s really hard to reach too many conclusions on them.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Also gonna say look at game 8 representing activity Tonight

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 am I’m happy with that start. Unfortunately the rest of my TRs are on the other side.

Who else can we add? Should be at least 2 more if we wanna be able to throw some weight around.
Long Con and TLib are probably who I would consider right now, even if I don't have very solid reads on them. Just good vibes.
Might be ok with TL but don’t think I want long con

Actually might be ok with elephants though
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 am Is the vanity wagon making anyone else (hyena) irrationally nervous or is that just me?
Considering that half the players in this group are on the wagon now and that it felt like it grew pretty quickly after Elephant joined it, yes, I am paranoid.

But I also think about D1 in our qualifiers where you predicted our partner's wagon would die down after you and others piled voted onto their wagon. So, while I don't know what to make of it, I'm hesitant to change things up so soon.

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:56 am
Honestly extremely I scum read him but there's no resitance which means he is other alone extremely expendable mafia or just afk town.

What's your real on him individualy
Eh, I don’t usually put a ton of stock into “there’s no resistance” this early in the day

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:58 am
Considering that half the players in this group are on the wagon now and that it felt like it grew pretty quickly after Elephant joined it, yes, I am paranoid.

But I also think about D1 in our qualifiers where you predicted our partner's wagon would die down after you and others piled voted onto their wagon. So, while I don't know what to make of it, I'm hesitant to change things up so soon.
Yeah, I have that feeling that vanity is either scum or has scum on their vote. Maybe both but definitely one.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 am
Well, it’s hard to say how true that is—we couldn’t declare votes on the other side or tell other people to vote for a specific person, so nova being the kill doesn’t inherently mean he was found the most scummiest. IIRC Epi and 112 and to a lesser extent radishes and spirityo and Lexi were the most popular scumreads, with nova slotted in thay second tier.

But who knows how votes actually went, it’s really hard to reach too many conclusions on them.
Honestly forgot they had to put three scums on bit targets happy am not there for that alone really.

Will say if Epi is here tommorow would Lynch them I think i said this earlier but I agree with them being scum read. Don't know why 112 I since they were the D1 counter wagon unless more info is there
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:58 am
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 am

Might be ok with TL but don’t think I want long con

Actually might be ok with elephants though
Okay, I'll compromise on elephants.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

I think we let it sit over night for his defense but don't know where I would move right now honestly
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:00 am

Yeah, I have that feeling that vanity is either scum or has scum on their vote. Maybe both but definitely one.
Okay good question Vanity flips town who's the most likely scum on his wagon right now
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

That towncore is acceptable. I'll hopefully do something to get included. Nanook doesn't like me though. I'll just stay in the shadows and help you Avengers out if I can.

I like the vig Role Points point. Whoever the vig is has been spending their points flagrantly, and we may not be able to count on another vig kill at all, depending how many they started with.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Here's a screenshot of the votes to reference later:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 am Also gonna say look at game 8 representing activity Tonight
G8 represent! :workit:
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Also i looked at the votes on Vanity the people voting that i trust pretty well are you me and Nanook

Should read Long con and will in the morning

And null on Elephant

so if a scums on that it should be between them 90% of the time
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Okay... outside the neophyte towncore squad, we have Long Con, Trustworthy Liberal, Elephant, Hyena... juliets is absolutely setting herself up for a vanity vote... who else is left? Ty4on? Sure. Creature, then. So you're talking about everyone except Creature with this insight.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:01 am

I think we let it sit over night for his defense but don't know where I would move right now honestly
In my experience, the way a wagon looks halfway through the day is rarely the way it looks at the end. vanity still needs to show up, and even if he doesn't, someone's gonna get restless. :srsnod:
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

If your observation is false, then Vanity and all his voters are town, leaving nutella, Juliets, Creature, and Ty4on to be the scum pool. That seems unlikely, and I agree with you.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:28 pm Hmm.

Question to all:

Do you think Spiny/Boo flipping town helped the other group solve people within their group? Do you think one of Vanity's or Elephant's flips will help them? How about Ty4on, who they apparently voted out of the group? Should we be trying to help give them info via flipping the people they send here?
Well I think vanity's or elephant's flip could be interesting to them regardless, though they'd have to assess interactions from d1 based on memory
I've got an idea. How would you feel about lynching vanity or elephant, and then using the (maybe?) vig shot to kill Ty4on? That way, we get the info from people voting between vanity and elephant AND we get the other group's lynch killed to give them info.
Leashing the vigilante was a good idea in the championship where the role could be mafia-aligned, but leashing them here does not seem useful. I believe the vigilante was with us yesterday, or they couldn't have targetted DFaraday. If we want to be sure to not lynch the vigilante accidentally, the safe option is to lynch Ty4on or Nanook. I don't advocate the vigilante holstering, if mafia find out who they are, they will probably die in the night; but that decision is one the vigilante must make. That said,
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

That's what I was trying to say earlier lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That said, indeed.

The vigilante is clearly town-aligned to me, and I don't believe in any plan that assumes we can tell the vig what to do. In my experience, vigilantes will make their own decisions when it comes down to it. Plus, the Role Points system limits things a lot more. I don't know if Role Points can be re-earned or whatever, but power roles in this game are not as free to act as usual, right?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 am
That's what I was trying to say earlier lol
Is it really irrational though?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Long Con »

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:09 am

Question to all:

Do you think Spiny/Boo flipping town helped the other group solve people within their group? Do you think one of Vanity's or Elephant's flips will help them? How about Ty4on, who they apparently voted out of the group? Should we be trying to help give them info via flipping the people they send here?
Well I think vanity's or elephant's flip could be interesting to them regardless, though they'd have to assess interactions from d1 based on memory
I've got an idea. How would you feel about lynching vanity or elephant, and then using the (maybe?) vig shot to kill Ty4on? That way, we get the info from people voting between vanity and elephant AND we get the other group's lynch killed to give them info.
Leashing the vigilante was a good idea in the championship where the role could be mafia-aligned, but leashing them here does not seem useful. I believe the vigilante was with us yesterday, or they couldn't have targetted DFaraday. If we want to be sure to not lynch the vigilante accidentally, the safe option is to lynch Ty4on or Nanook. I don't advocate the vigilante holstering, if mafia find out who they are, they will probably die in the night; but that decision is one the vigilante must make. That said,
Caught in the middle of crafting a "just right" response, Elephant? :eye:

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:04 am That towncore is acceptable. I'll hopefully do something to get included. Nanook doesn't like me though. I'll just stay in the shadows and help you Avengers out if I can.

I like the vig Role Points point. Whoever the vig is has been spending their points flagrantly, and we may not be able to count on another vig kill at all, depending how many they started with.
Not so much I don’t like you as I don’t really have a read either way on you, lol. Maybe that’ll change!

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 am

Okay... outside the neophyte towncore squad, we have Long Con, Trustworthy Liberal, Elephant, Hyena... juliets is absolutely setting herself up for a vanity vote... who else is left? Ty4on? Sure. Creature, then. So you're talking about everyone except Creature with this insight.
I meant literally on the vote at the time I said it, so elephant/TL/you/Hyena FMPOV.

I do tend to think there’s a relatively lower concentration of scum in this group, 1-2 probably (2 most likely), 3 tops, so it’s entirely possible this is just town catching scum (or at least most of town catching scum with maybe one busser, would be fairly surprised if there are 3 scum in this group and 2 are bussing though). So I’m not as nervous about the vanity wagon as I normally might be. I do think there’s probably scum between vanity and the current non-homies voters though (LC, TL, elephant)

Actually if vanity flips scum, I think I probably soft clear those 3 for at least a game day or two, it’s not an impossible position to bus but it’s an awkward one imo.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Question to all:

At first I thought Hyena had a good idea that makes a lot of sense. Then it occurred to me that the voting system there was different, and I looked up Nanook's account of it. If nobody knows who voted what, the usefulness of flipping Ty4on for that reason seems questionable. [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] , could you determine who defended novaselinenever if you had access to your discussion?

(How did Epignosis become a popular scum read? I didn't think that was possible.)
I am the Elephant.

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:29 am

Question to all:

At first I thought Hyena had a good idea that makes a lot of sense. Then it occurred to me that the voting system there was different, and I looked up Nanook's account of it. If nobody knows who voted what, the usefulness of flipping Ty4on for that reason seems questionable. @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME , could you determine who defended novaselinenever if you had access to your discussion?

(How did Epignosis become a popular scum read? I didn't think that was possible.)
I don’t have access to that thread anymore and wasn’t around for EOD
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:18 am
Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:09 am

Question to all:

Caught in the middle of crafting a "just right" response, Elephant? :eye:
I decided to expound the point about Ty4on in a separate post, but forgot that I had already written down two words of segue.
I am the Elephant.

I Am The Eskimo

I would like to take a moment to appreciate elephants dedication to changing the subject line to “I am the Elephant” on their posts, I respect and admire it.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:31 am

Question to all:

At first I thought Hyena had a good idea that makes a lot of sense. Then it occurred to me that the voting system there was different, and I looked up Nanook's account of it. If nobody knows who voted what, the usefulness of flipping Ty4on for that reason seems questionable. @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME , could you determine who defended novaselinenever if you had access to your discussion?

I am aware that you, personally, cannot do that right now. What I meant was this: could the players who still have that access figure out who defended Novaseline, or would the mechanics of voting make that difficult? Your description is helpful, but left me ignorant on how the system worked in practice.
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 am I do tend to think there’s a relatively lower concentration of scum in this group, 1-2 probably (2 most likely), 3 tops, so it’s entirely possible this is just town catching scum (or at least most of town catching scum with maybe one busser, would be fairly surprised if there are 3 scum in this group and 2 are bussing though). So I’m not as nervous about the vanity wagon as I normally might be. I do think there’s probably scum between vanity and the current non-homies voters though (LC, TL, elephant)
yeah good points, probably only one busser if any so maybe you guys are just right? I'm still not totally sold but nothing has happened to make me feel any better about him today either lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

I Am The Walrus

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 am I would like to take a moment to appreciate elephants dedication to changing the subject line to “I am the Elephant” on their posts, I respect and admire it.
I am the eggman?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

We are The Eskimo and the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 am I would like to take a moment to appreciate elephants dedication to changing the subject line to “I am the Elephant” on their posts, I respect and admire it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (177.04 KiB) Viewed 502 times
I am the Elephant.

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:31 am

Question to all:

I am aware that you, personally, cannot do that right now. What I meant was this: could the players who still have that access figure out who defended Novaseline, or would the mechanics of voting make that difficult? Your description is helpful, but left me ignorant on how the system worked in practice.
Oh! Uh...defended would be easier to figure out than pushed, yeah. You could defend players as you wanted, but you couldn’t push one player.

Re: I Am The Walrus

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:46 am
I am the eggman?
Coo coo ca joo

Re: We are The Eskimo and the Elephant.

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:47 am
image.jpeg
❤️
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 am I do tend to think there’s a relatively lower concentration of scum in this group, 1-2 probably (2 most likely), 3 tops, so it’s entirely possible this is just town catching scum (or at least most of town catching scum with maybe one busser, would be fairly surprised if there are 3 scum in this group and 2 are bussing though). So I’m not as nervous about the vanity wagon as I normally might be. I do think there’s probably scum between vanity and the current non-homies voters though (LC, TL, elephant)
I accidentally cut juliets out of my list earlier. What's your excuse?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 am
I accidentally cut juliets out of my list earlier. What's your excuse?
...what? She hasn't voted
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”