Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 am I do tend to think there’s a relatively lower concentration of scum in this group, 1-2 probably (2 most likely), 3 tops, so it’s entirely possible this is just town catching scum (or at least most of town catching scum with maybe one busser, would be fairly surprised if there are 3 scum in this group and 2 are bussing though). So I’m not as nervous about the vanity wagon as I normally might be. I do think there’s probably scum between vanity and the current non-homies voters though (LC, TL, elephant)
I accidentally cut juliets out of my list earlier. What's your excuse?
...what? She hasn't voted
Doesn't mean she shouldn't be discussed. Like, include her in towncore or include her in suspects. Is there a third category?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I mean I think I was pretty clear that I was looking specifically at the vanity voters at the time of my posting, yeah? Juliets wasn’t one, so....not sure why I’d talk about her 🤷‍♀️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If you wanna talk about her individually we can but my reads for those 3 + vanity I was discussing don’t really apply to her.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:10 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 am I do tend to think there’s a relatively lower concentration of scum in this group, 1-2 probably (2 most likely), 3 tops, so it’s entirely possible this is just town catching scum (or at least most of town catching scum with maybe one busser, would be fairly surprised if there are 3 scum in this group and 2 are bussing though). So I’m not as nervous about the vanity wagon as I normally might be. I do think there’s probably scum between vanity and the current non-homies voters though (LC, TL, elephant)
I accidentally cut juliets out of my list earlier. What's your excuse?
...what? She hasn't voted
Doesn't mean she shouldn't be discussed. Like, include her in towncore or include her in suspects. Is there a third category?
There is a third category, it’s the “idk figure them out later” category. Juliets is currently in it for me. Anyone I don’t have a decent read on or a decent way to get a read on is lumped into that one.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:28 pm Hmm.

Question to all:

Do you think Spiny/Boo flipping town helped the other group solve people within their group? Do you think one of Vanity's or Elephant's flips will help them? How about Ty4on, who they apparently voted out of the group? Should we be trying to help give them info via flipping the people they send here?
Well I think vanity's or elephant's flip could be interesting to them regardless, though they'd have to assess interactions from d1 based on memory
Well atleast the wagons on them don't feel that half-assed
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 pm I also think vanity is scum, but I'm afraid I'll just embarass myself further
lmao, how are you feeling about elephant?
He can die too
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm I'm not feeling great about how little actual analysis is going on in this here phase but also I am tired and sympathize
The wagonees barely ever react
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lack of reactions to your own wagon is pretty antitown
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Since I won't be around today until the afternoon I'm going to go ahead and vote.

I'm voting vanity but if I like his responses to the suspicions against him I will likely change. Even though I'm voting for him his wagon makes me nervous.

My second choice to vote would be LC. This is a tone read though, there just seems to be something off about him this game. Maybe I can be more specific later when I return. He is tricky and hard for me to read so maybe it's just paranoia.

[VOTE: vanity] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think this is a game scum are just blending in
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

They're probably posting enough to not be called slankers
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Nice

I am already unhappy woth the vanity wagon
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have started putting my thoughts together about Long Con but I have to go now. I have work and a doctor's appointment so I'll be back mid-afternoon. I won't have a lot of time before EOD I don't think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think scum is pretty much unpressured at this point
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOK is also a candidate
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Still waiting for some reaction from vanity to the wagon, but I could be down for an LC counter. I might be on the wrong track with Elephant, and Creature has a point that someone's gotta be skating by without much attention and LC is certainly a prime candidate for that position.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 am NANOOK is also a candidate
No he isn’t, that guys townie af
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:24 pm Still waiting for some reaction from vanity to the wagon, but I could be down for an LC counter. I might be on the wrong track with Elephant, and Creature has a point that someone's gotta be skating by without much attention and LC is certainly a prime candidate for that position.
Hey, grill me up like a slice of bacon. Putting votes on me isn't going to convince you of anything, read my posts and ask me questions.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Btw I do think the vig should probably just holster tonight. If we think the other side got Nova/Ty's flip, we should just wait for another one of them to join us here and inform us and then we'd have him confirmed one way or the other rather than wasting a shot on an unknown. Assuming that would be allowed.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:56 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm I'm not feeling great about how little actual analysis is going on in this here phase but also I am tired and sympathize
The wagonees barely ever react
I can tell you why I didn't react to nutella's vote on me: Juliets did, and nutella answered:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:50 pm @nutella did you see my questions to you? If you don't want to talk about both, maybe you could just talk about Elephant since you voted him.
I just feel like he's the most likely scum in this bunch rn, partially poe and partially his thread activity/pushes on d2 (and some on d1). Like in general he seems like he might have an agenda. Could be teamed with TL I guess. I will do more in depth research in a bit, see how I feel about him in relation to Drago and such.
And I thought, do I really want to ask what "seems like he might have an agenda" means? Or would I rather wait for that "in depth research" to bring something specific up that we can talk about? I chose to wait, and I guess I must have missed that research turning up.

It should come as no surprise that a vote placed at 2am sees no immediate reaction from me. Add the fact that I had a rather busy Sunday morning. I did react to nutella's pre-vote question in the afternoon, though, at 4507.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:50 pm @nutella did you see my questions to you? If you don't want to talk about both, maybe you could just talk about Elephant since you voted him.
I just feel like he's the most likely scum in this bunch rn, partially poe and partially his thread activity/pushes on d2 (and some on d1). Like in general he seems like he might have an agenda. Could be teamed with TL I guess. I will do more in depth research in a bit, see how I feel about him in relation to Drago and such.
Drago is my third cousin twice removed. Drago was no Elephant.
Oh look, a reaction!
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:22 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:51 pm Most all of us were read as scum by some at some point in the day (nutella I think we all saw as town all the way through).
And Benson. He and I were both pretty clear of suspicion.

You, LC, and TL I have varying levels of concern about but after yesterday I think it's likely one of elephant or vanity is scum, maybe with TL also based on how that went down.
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:25 pm @Creature why aren't you scum

@Elephant why aren't you scum

I'ma start with a vote for one of you two probs
Why Creature?
And reading through that afternoon I find that the above question remains unanswered. It's been a while, nutella, but maybe you remember why your pair of suspects changed from "elephant or vanity" to "Creature or Elephant"?
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:11 pm Btw I do think the vig should probably just holster tonight. If we think the other side got Nova/Ty's flip, we should just wait for another one of them to join us here and inform us and then we'd have him confirmed one way or the other rather than wasting a shot on an unknown. Assuming that would be allowed.
I strongly dislike constricting the vigilante's choice. The vigilante must decide this themselves, based on whether they have a suitable target, and how exposed they feel they are.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:01 pm she is incapable of producing independent thoughtsj

an alarmingly high proportion of her takes are about clearly extant dichotomies/trichotomies and a lot of it feels fencesitty or "im currently leaning this way" with no apparent drive to get to a conclusion on her own

she feels disconnected and disengaged in a scummy way

the thing she seems to feel strongly about are probably TMI
I do like this read though. I could vote for nutella. This read feels more real than a lot of the candy you give out. Bong rip is nice too. I'm gonna go for a before-bed joint.
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:55 pm I don't miss iaafr. I seriously started skipping his posts altogether. Nothing against the guy, but his reads were total chaos, more than I have seen.
Did your read on nutella change with that re-evaluation of iaafr? What is your position on her now?
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah sorry I took a while but have looked back through your iso and still have an aggressively null on balance read of you. There are potential scum agenda things I see like pushing juliets' case on Tony and making associations between players in certain ways that could be setting up erroneous conclusions, and there are more townish things like your reasons on 112 on d1. Lots of stuff that could really go either way.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:22 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:51 pm Most all of us were read as scum by some at some point in the day (nutella I think we all saw as town all the way through).
And Benson. He and I were both pretty clear of suspicion.

You, LC, and TL I have varying levels of concern about but after yesterday I think it's likely one of elephant or vanity is scum, maybe with TL also based on how that went down.
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:25 pm @Creature why aren't you scum

@Elephant why aren't you scum

I'ma start with a vote for one of you two probs
Why Creature?
And reading through that afternoon I find that the above question remains unanswered. It's been a while, nutella, but maybe you remember why your pair of suspects changed from "elephant or vanity" to "Creature or Elephant"?
Lol what you are grossly overinterpreting that. Creature hadn't done much in a while so I nudged him. I wasn't removing vanity from my pool with that post by any means, just prodding people I wanted to hear more from at that moment. Right now I am more eager to hear from vanity.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Elephant[/mention] and [mention]Long Con[/mention] I need the low down on your current thoughts about juliets, asap.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Elephant[/mention] for further clarification, I am back to thinking creature is town for now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]vanity.[/mention] where are youuu
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just out shopping right now. I discussed some suspicions earlier on her, and her vanity vote is lame in its predictability. I can give you more when I get home.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elephant, my opinion on IAAFR has little bearing o my current read of nutella.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 pm Elephant, my opinion on IAAFR has little bearing o my current read of nutella.
What is your current read of me?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh I see I was green in your list. What does have bearing on it then?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Your Drago stuff is best for my mind, and my gut doesn't suspect you either. The level of trust from others affects me as well, and you are widely town read.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok. I reread your iso and do think you are probably just town, your Drago vote timing doesn't hurt and you weren't afraid to have some against-the-grain reads d1 (on me and iaafr).

Do you think juliets should be a counterwagon here? (It's ok to say no if you are really just ok with a straight up vanity lynch)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Let me get home and have another look at her iso before I commit to that, elephant, creature, and TL, are all acceptable counter wagons if we're looking for one.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Uuuggggggghh this is so frustrating
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hello I'm here. So my vanity vote was lame because it was predictable. I think that's a lame reason to call me scum.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm Let me get home and have another look at her iso before I commit to that, elephant, creature, and TL, are all acceptable counter wagons if we're looking for one.
Why do you see these people as acceptable counter wagons?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:07 pm Hello I'm here. So my vanity vote was lame because it was predictable. I think that's a lame reason to call me scum.
Are there not-lame reasons to call you scum? :P
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

So where I’m at right now is—

Vanity is >rand scum

Elephant/hyena/TL/Long Con likely not scum with him.

Hyena and Nutella independently townie

Elephant slightly townie, unlikely partners with juliets imo

IF there’s a busser on vanity, likely LC imo, largely through POE (elephant/vanity not likely W/W from people I’m deciding to trust, don’t think hyena busses this situation, sane fr TL but that’s a weaker read). However that’s not something I’d consider until considerably later in the game.

Think that’s essentially where I stand with the vanity kill.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

I still don't feel inclined to move my vote.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:15 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:07 pm Hello I'm here. So my vanity vote was lame because it was predictable. I think that's a lame reason to call me scum.
Are there not-lame reasons to call you scum? :P
Lol, no. I was just addressing LC's latest reason.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Here's how I see it, juliets: people start to vote vanity, then you made a couple of posts that broadcast a likely vanity vote. You said you were going to "eat and read through vanity again" which sounds good, but you don't give any analysis beyond asking Ty4on about vanity's emotional meta. Ty4on posted a couple of times before your next post and yet you didn't mention it again or @ - mention him or anything. Instead you just hop on the vanity train and point at me. :meany:
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:29 am At first I thought Hyena had a good idea that makes a lot of sense. Then it occurred to me that the voting system there was different, and I looked up Nanook's account of it. If nobody knows who voted what, the usefulness of flipping Ty4on for that reason seems questionable. @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME , could you determine who defended novaselinenever if you had access to your discussion?
Right. I didn't take into consideration the different voting system there. However, even if they couldn't actively push anyone there, I assumed that they were at least able to say stuff about everyone? Including defending people? I agree that it's not AS beneficial as I thought it was if people can't push others there, but I'm assuming that some information can still be gained from it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm So where I’m at right now is—

Vanity is >rand scum

Elephant/hyena/TL/Long Con likely not scum with him.

Hyena and Nutella independently townie

Elephant slightly townie, unlikely partners with juliets imo

IF there’s a busser on vanity, likely LC imo, largely through POE (elephant/vanity not likely W/W from people I’m deciding to trust, don’t think hyena busses this situation, sane fr TL but that’s a weaker read). However that’s not something I’d consider until considerably later in the game.

Think that’s essentially where I stand with the vanity kill.
Yooouuuu think I am a bussin' type of dude? Do I, like, give off that vibe or something? :grin: :dark: That Long Con, he just feels like the backstabbin' type. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:28 pm
Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:29 am At first I thought Hyena had a good idea that makes a lot of sense. Then it occurred to me that the voting system there was different, and I looked up Nanook's account of it. If nobody knows who voted what, the usefulness of flipping Ty4on for that reason seems questionable. @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME , could you determine who defended novaselinenever if you had access to your discussion?
Right. I didn't take into consideration the different voting system there. However, even if they couldn't actively push anyone there, I assumed that they were at least able to say stuff about everyone? Including defending people? I agree that it's not AS beneficial as I thought it was if people can't push others there, but I'm assuming that some information can still be gained from it.
I'd be really surprised if they didn't find a reasonable way to communicate, despite the restrictions. I mean come on. They're not apes.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nanook why do you think elephant and juliets are unlikely to be w/w? I was just considering that possibility so please enlighten me.

I find myself reaching the general conclusion that vanity is in fact the best choice for today. I have better reasons to townread just about everyone else. And I expect more of a fight from him as town.

Let's just do it [VOTE: vanity] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:32 pm Nanook why do you think elephant and juliets are unlikely to be w/w? I was just considering that possibility so please enlighten me.

I find myself reaching the general conclusion that vanity is in fact the best choice for today. I have better reasons to townread just about everyone else. And I expect more of a fight from him as town.

Let's just do it [VOTE: vanity] aubergine
Elephants response when I asked if there was substance to the juliets TR. It was “yes” and nothing more, felt slightly townie but definitely didn’t feel like something a partner does.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”