33%

Total votes: 6
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 109

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by Evenstar »

[mention]Pawn Lelouch[/mention]
Okay, I've gone through your responses and I'm largely satisfied, so long as you actually return with that Epignosis case.

I have one additional follow-up before I get out of your hair: why are you placing Colin above Sprityo? I get that Colin got forced out of the bottom by Epi falling, and I also get that you don't feel that Sprityo's outburst last EOD is worth much, but my feel of the two of them is that Sprityo has done significantly more to help solve than Colin, especially today - note him pointing out the "but how would they know he was the doublevoter" flaw in my reasoning. That kind of catch takes real thought and analysis: I've seen little of similar depth from Colin. Sort by post count today also backs up my impression. Are you sure you've really thought your current PoE through?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

And I've now read your updated Rabbit case and that looks good too. Scales are definitely tipping towards Epi being the scum in your pair. I don't like that because it means Dom's probably town, but I can deal.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm Pawn Lelouch
Okay, I've gone through your responses and I'm largely satisfied, so long as you actually return with that Epignosis case.

I have one additional follow-up before I get out of your hair: why are you placing Colin above Sprityo? I get that Colin got forced out of the bottom by Epi falling, and I also get that you don't feel that Sprityo's outburst last EOD is worth much, but my feel of the two of them is that Sprityo has done significantly more to help solve than Colin, especially today - note him pointing out the "but how would they know he was the doublevoter" flaw in my reasoning. That kind of catch takes real thought and analysis: I've seen little of similar depth from Colin. Sort by post count today also backs up my impression. Are you sure you've really thought your current PoE through?
I fully admit those are the two float spot players.

Still, my take on it ultimately is that Sprit does have more posts and content certainly, with some decent individual posts. My concern is that when I read through the ISO wholesale it just feels so bleh and lifeless in a way that most of the other players don't. Couple that with the lack of agenda I read from Colin (admittedly likely due to a lack of posts) and it's enough to put him slightly ahead of Sprit.

And planning to if I can. Deadline to show at the court is at 12:45 so I'm assuming that we start at 1ish. And I don't think a mock will take 4 hours to go through so I should have time post mock to properly construct the case before EOD.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Master Radishes »

Looks like I've got some reading to do on my way home from work.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Still, my take on it ultimately is that Sprit does have more posts and content certainly, with some decent individual posts. My concern is that when I read through the ISO wholesale it just feels so bleh and lifeless in a way that most of the other players don't. Couple that with the lack of agenda I read from Colin (admittedly likely due to a lack of posts) and it's enough to put him slightly ahead of Sprit.

And planning to if I can. Deadline to show at the court is at 12:45 so I'm assuming that we start at 1ish. And I don't think a mock will take 4 hours to go through so I should have time post mock to properly construct the case before EOD.
Give me the abstract now if you can.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Give me the abstract now if you can.
Basically a combo of the misinterpretation of my maintaining the status quo in the #909 post that reads as a drive by. In part that he is the only possible scum player where I think Nook would be the prime target, for the reasons listed.

Once I got into the Epi scum mindset, then his push on iaafr looks a lot worse when coupled with my view of the Nook NK intent. Just attacking to try and chip at the town core and remove clears while avoiding potential docs.

There's likely more once I properly dive into the depths of his ISO but that's all I have time for rn unfortunately.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Alright I’m caught up and here for the next twenty minutes or so. AMA.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also I want to know where [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] and [mention]Master Radishes[/mention] are at since I’ve barely talked to you today.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:14 pm Also I want to know where @ColinIsCool and @Master Radishes are at since I’ve barely talked to you today.
Was at work. Now making dinner. Have finished reading up on Pawn and Eva's...spat. Formulating thoughts.

AMA.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:14 pm Also I want to know where @ColinIsCool and @Master Radishes are at since I’ve barely talked to you today.
Was at work. Now making dinner. Have finished reading up on Pawn and Eva's...spat. Formulating thoughts.

AMA.
Those are exactly the thoughts I’m looking for.

Would also like some thoughts on the Rabbit/Dom/Me exchanges from last night.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm

AMA.

I'll trade you my thoughts for your thoughts.

As for you/Dom/Rabbit, I'll need to reread later. Dinner first.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm

AMA.

I'll trade you my thoughts for your thoughts.

As for you/Dom/Rabbit, I'll need to reread later. Dinner first.
The spiciest of Pawn thoughts were not exactly Kotomine level mapu tofu. I find myself unmoved.

I found a lot of Eva’s questions to be worthless ie nitpicky about things that wouldn’t be alignment indicative...and then Pawn went along with it anyway. I think that spews Eva town if Pawn is scum (like she needs the help). I’m not 100% sure what it means that Pawn went along with everything so calmly. He’s telling us that his meta is calm and calculated regardless of alignment.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Okay, so, this may end up jumbled, but,

Regarding the accusations thrown at Pawn, I felt he fended them off well. He clearly has had reasons for all he's said and done this game, which doesn't surprise me given his well-reasoned posts throughout this round and the last. That said, I don't think any of that clears him per se. That seems to be the sort of player he is regardless of alignment.

One thing that made me feel a bit better about Pawn was when I earleir suggested he was a deepwolf and he immediately understood why I thought it. He explained to me what was in my head, which suggests very strongly (and he has said as much) that he has come across these sort of tinfoil thoughts before. Clearly my worries about him are ones other players in other games have had.

So in the end, I think I'm back to where I was with Pawn in the first place - not considering him for a lynch, but with lingering doubts.

As for Evenstar, whilst it's certainly not out of her scum range to do something like this, it does make me feel a bit better about her to see the fangs come out. One of my concerns with her behaviour lately has been how much she's been sitting back rather than pushing. I do think she 'piled on' a bit with illegitimate evidence, and I think she has backed down fairly quickly, but overall I think it's a good look for her.

So basically it feels more v/v to me than v/w. I certainly don't think it's w/w - there's no need for scum!Eva to do that to scum!Pawn considering the positions they were in.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So who’re your three atm?

I’m seeing a lot of townreads on consensus suspects or your former suspects in your iso.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm So who’re your three atm?

I’m seeing a lot of townreads on consensus suspects or your former suspects in your iso.
I'm finding lots of reasons to townread people. That's half the battle!
Master Radishes
Hitman

In focusing on previous scumreads I'm finding reasons to townread instead. The only person I'm leaning definitely on the scum side right now is sprityo.

You're so null it bothers me. Dom has moved up in my books.

I think I need to reconsider Colin now. And Epi needs a reread too.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Actually, revised opinion of Jack - if he's a wolf, he's content to slank by, confident we won't end up on him. That world exists too still. But he's not at all trying to manipulate events in the way.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 527
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

I mean, ngl, I can't even be confident that the spiny flip that Eva posted was accurate, she could've forged it and I'd be buying it.

but still not gonna sus into that world
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I am also ultimately going to continue to give pawn a pass because he really is my stable rock and making more sense to me on almost everything than everyone else

so the last list of 5 I posted, remove pawn, and that's my 4
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I have thoughts on Dom's posts on the last page but they're postgame thoughts.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

the idiom "can dish it out but can't take it" strongly comes to mind though
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Epignosis »

I am at work, and unable to post much. I have meeting coming up soon (that includes a 50-slide Power Point about how to have a meeting :suspish: ), but...
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:34 am
iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 am but i mean yeah your logics a bit weird

wouldnt keeping him alive to keep sussing the towncore sow suspicion on its own?

why would scum assume people would even remember nooks reads
Yes, but Nook was relatively low impact in the thread so he probably wouldn't make much progress and might even be convinced to change his mind. Better to go for the guarantee rather than a gamble.

Because it's good town play to look back at those who died to try and divine the intent as to why they died. Since there is always a discernible reason behind a scum nightkill. The trick is actually figuring it out. Plus remembering the reads of one of 14 other players is far easier than that of 29 other players. Especially since scum could potentially just point it out themselves in thread as a reason why Nook could have been a silencing kill. So there's a fair chance that town would easily remember the reads or scum would just state it themselves.

I'm basically assuming that Epi is scum based off this as I read into the kill more and more. If I'm right this is a kill that came at it from a methodical view, which fits my mental image of Epi's style and even is something he has stated in previous days.
...this is rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

First, the qualifiers indicate someone who knows what he is saying is rubbish. "Basically assuming" is equivocal language. "As I read into the kill more and more" is a vague way to make it sound as though this perspective bears credibility. It doesn't. This is an attempt to appear analytical. The little lecture that precedes the accusation rings hollow.

Second, Pawn, who knows nothing about me and has no prior experience with me, suggests that he can correctly peg me specifically as killing Nanook. Nonsense. In fact, if you remember, Nanook was among my top suspects coming into Day 2. From my perspective, the incessant posts begging for credit for lynching Dragomir looked too on the nose. If I were mafia, I would have been confident I could have gathered support for a Nanook lynch. No- Nanook would not have been in my top ten choices for a kill.

Third, the accusation is empty. Any victim could be a "methodical" choice for the Night kill. What makes the Nanook kill specifically a methodical choice (as opposed to, say, an Evenstar kill or a Pawn kill)? The accusation is based on multiple assumptions that don't even support it.

Fourth, the basis for this accusation against me is at present non-falsifiable. "If I'm right this is a kill that came at it from a methodical view" is nothing that can be proved or disproved until endgame.

This is rubbish. :eye:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

pretty sure you just responded to the one part of pawns worldview that nobody was prone to fully buying anyway

but yea if you're concerned I agree that's pawns weakest case on any read he's made in this day
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

but it's so weak and weird that it's hard to imagine being scum agenda

but I can't rule it out as agenda because how else can pawn get to a lockscum read on epi as scum lol
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:59 pm And I've now read your updated Rabbit case and that looks good too. Scales are definitely tipping towards Epi being the scum in your pair. I don't like that because it means Dom's probably town, but I can deal.
[mention]Evenstar[/mention] why do you have epi/Dom not w/w
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

still also don't know if I can trust that pawn wouldn't be bussy in this situation when the mech seems to punish bussing less on multiple levels (no flip, no vote record)
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

current paranoid thought is that pawn created a bad push on his partner epi on purpose to reduce the chances epi gets voted off today
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

but yea I need pawn in this game to stay sane and if I voted pawn and it turns out he's town that'd be my unequivocal greatest regret of the game so gratz on the pocket hope you're town
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm Okay, I've gone through your responses and I'm largely satisfied, so long as you actually return with that Epignosis case.

does it really take that much though

that's easily in the realm of stuff any scum player could think about

things that only take essentially pure logic and reasoning are always things I can't give cred for
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I’m tired
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

people don't lose their faculties of logic when they roll scum, if anything, the avg player relies more on those things when scum as town

the type of depth of thought it takes to townclear somebody usually involves some level of sophistication or depth in the premises and perspective; the application of logic and reasoning itself is usually more a player thing than an alignment indicative thing
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

when scum than when town*
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

overreliance on logical consistency and words rationally holding up lead to losses to articulate scum players

so I try to avoid using those types of things
Master Radishes
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm I mean, ngl, I can't even be confident that the spiny flip that Eva posted was accurate, she could've forged it
Wait what
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm I mean, ngl, I can't even be confident that the spiny flip that Eva posted was accurate, she could've forged it
Wait what
I can't even remember if I remember the actual flip

true story
Master Radishes
Hitman

Rabbit, I assumed you knew the post.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jfc I just finally closed the Word doc I had all my scum!Eva notes typed up in.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:54 pm Actually, revised opinion of Jack - if he's a wolf, he's content to slank by, confident we won't end up on him. That world exists too still. But he's not at all trying to manipulate events in the way.
LeoStare.jpg

I know you’re saying this like “so Jack is probably town” but I still object to a characterization of me as “slanking” and “not trying to manipulate events” by someone with half my post and seemingly no scumreads.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I hate clutter on my computer and it needed to go and I was just going to follow your lead on that
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:04 pm Jfc I just finally closed the Word doc I had all my scum!Eva notes typed up in.
wait what
Master Radishes
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:05 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:04 pm Jfc I just finally closed the Word doc I had all my scum!Eva notes typed up in.
wait what
From earlier. I was building a case. Your read convinced me to leave it alone and I finally let it go.

Now you tell me you don't even know if that post is accurate?
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

this is hilarious so I regret nothing
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

let's just say even if that hardclear is removed I have Eva easily in my top tier above everyone else

but ya y'all can start sussing her again I'm sure thatll help the gamestate XDXD
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

:confused:
Master Radishes
Hitman

I re-read the post. It doesn't look faked. Or rather, I think it would be faked differently if so.

I'm okay now.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

if it's pawn eva and I'm hard scumsiding this game

can't pretend I'd really regret it, all things considered
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:05 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:54 pm Actually, revised opinion of Jack - if he's a wolf, he's content to slank by, confident we won't end up on him. That world exists too still. But he's not at all trying to manipulate events in the way.
LeoStare.jpg

I know you’re saying this like “so Jack is probably town” but I still object to a characterization of me as “slanking” and “not trying to manipulate events” by someone with half my post and seemingly no scumreads.
I had more reads in D1 and D2 than you ever did. :meany:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

reads off reads off

post the reads you had d1 and d2, both of you
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

will say that one of my strongest points in radishes favor is how strongly he actually seems to believe his own reads

I remember in d2 he reacted to my bottom tier immediately by telling me he had four town in there

and the lingering suspicion of Eva and wanting to do due diligence there is incredibly Towny to me
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:39 pm
Evenstar wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:59 pm And I've now read your updated Rabbit case and that looks good too. Scales are definitely tipping towards Epi being the scum in your pair. I don't like that because it means Dom's probably town, but I can deal.
@Evenstar why do you have epi/Dom not w/w
I don't feel like any sane scumteam just completely commits to trying to body you through the floor today.

Dom and Epi have both been extremely agressive towards you, and I just don't buy that a pair of wolves would be that brazen.

I could be wrong and Dom could just have piled onto his scumleader's case without really thinking about it, but... Frankly, I think Dom actually does think through his actions better than that. Plus, he's been acting weirdly buddyish at Epi, which is additional evidence they're not w/w.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”