Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:49 pmI mean, the same points that you made for G-man town would apply for Colin as well, so help me understand what your thought process is. It's not about "accept my read or don't", I don't comprehend your thought process.
It's exactly about that. I don't know what else to tell you.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:47 pm I do not think Colin is a very good lynch today.
Why though? I like all the people voting him right now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:27 pm I spent time ISOing Sabie, and I would like some opinion on that. I like Sabie's later posts tbh, but in the ISO I found a lot of excuses and putting things off, as in "I haven't read that yet" "I'll catch up later" "I need to check that". I find that scum is more likely to put off catching up or saying to check things and then don't. I also notice how little she mentions Radish and how waffly it is when she does. She also voted Nut with a pretty shaky rationale iirc. So I could see a Radish/Sabie connection. This is also strengthened by how Radish mentioned Sabie as one of the iffier voted on Nut, and how Sabie has not commented on that at all, but completely ignored it.

I honestly had the opinion that an actively involved Sabie with opinions would mean town and that a less involved and waffly Sabie would mean scum. And that she was not that hard to read. But I've gotten the impression that she may be hard to read? Some people have mentioned this at least. So I want opinions from people that know her. Anyway, I'll find quotes that stick out to me.
I've had a hard time distinguishing between town sabie and mafia sabie in the past. But I also find that all of the things that you mention here as reasons to suspect her are not reliable alignment indicators for here. She has a pretty transparent way of talking about the game. If she hasn't read things or doesn't understand a point, she'll just say so.
There might be meat on the Radishes bone, but as always I am wary about looking for connections of that nature before we have a confirmed scum.

Other people have caught bad sabie in games that I've played in the past and each time that has happened I've just been sitting there shrugging at the cases. other times i've seen people gang up and mislynch her for no good reason.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:54 pmI've had a hard time distinguishing between town sabie and mafia sabie in the past. But I also find that all of the things that you mention here as reasons to suspect her are not reliable alignment indicators for here. She has a pretty transparent way of talking about the game. If she hasn't read things or doesn't understand a point, she'll just say so.
There might be meat on the Radishes bone, but as always I am wary about looking for connections of that nature before we have a confirmed scum.

Other people have caught bad sabie in games that I've played in the past and each time that has happened I've just been sitting there shrugging at the cases. other times i've seen people gang up and mislynch her for no good reason.
Ok, thanks. This helps a bit. She's not my preference for a lynch today, but if Radish is indeed scum, I will be looking sternly at Sabie, me thinks.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:47 pm I do not think Colin is a very good lynch today.
Kneejerk reaction. I've been on the wrong end of too many Colin mislynches when he's played similar to how he is here in the past. I have not looked closely at him yet in this game, but my impulse is to resist the urge to lynch Colin for being low key.

also tangentially related, i thought there were more votes on him right now because nanook's name is so long.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

God I wish we could multilynch. That is a needed mechanic in a game with 10 scum to start with tbh.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Kneejerk reaction. I've been on the wrong end of too many Colin mislynches when he's played similar to how he is here in the past. I have not looked closely at him yet in this game, but my impulse is to resist the urge to lynch Colin for being low key.

also tangentially related, i thought there were more votes on him right now because nanook's name is so long.
It’s not for being low key, it’s for being disinterested in a game where scum don’t really need to drive much early. Like his game has followed the preferred scum pattern so far.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

He also seems different than he did in...idk, the wire or all my circuits, I forget which. Caveat that I was scum so my judgment may not be the best since I wasn’t trying to read him.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 pm

It’s not for being low key, it’s for being disinterested in a game where scum don’t really need to drive much early. Like his game has followed the preferred scum pattern so far.
I'd call that low key. Like, I'll take a look at Colin for sure. But I feel like I'm seeing people fall into the exact same trap that I've fallen into myself a dozen times over the last couple years.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Well I'm still down for a Radishes lynch as well
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:53 pm Townish people:
G-man
Turnip (?)
Juliets (?)
Nook (?)
Ted (?)
Sig?
SVS?
Michelle?

Scum:
Almost everyone else?
G-man is the only name on this list without a question mark. Does that mean he's your most confident town read? Why? I've also seen mixed opinions on Michelle, so what can you tell me about her?

I also take it Colin is among the strongest reads among "almost everyone else", so I guess we should talk about the specifics of that read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:05 pm

I'd call that low key. Like, I'll take a look at Colin for sure. But I feel like I'm seeing people fall into the exact same trap that I've fallen into myself a dozen times over the last couple years.
Disinterested =\= low key

It also ignores my “he seems different than when I saw him play town” read
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:12 am Oh right, where were we- [VOTE: jack] aubergine
Boring.

To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dizzy is town, Colin is ehh.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:07 pm G-man is the only name on this list without a question mark. Does that mean he's your most confident town read? Why? I've also seen mixed opinions on Michelle, so what can you tell me about her?

I also take it Colin is among the strongest reads among "almost everyone else", so I guess we should talk about the specifics of that read.
I just got a good feel from G-man the way he posted N1 and also came at me start of this day. You can call it strong gut if you like.
Michelle, I've been unsure, but I like the later I've seen from her, especially being all in Tunrip's face. It's a more challenging position, and I think Michelle is more sly and not so in your face or confident as scum. So I lean town on her.

You are mistaken about Colin. Me voting someone does not mean they are my strongest read. But I do like Nook's point just now about him seeming disinterested in solving.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok I just read through Colin's posts in Inception and thought "Why the fuck did I vote for him?" So I read my posts and find that I thought his posts looked towny later in the game but I didn't like his low presence and thought he had nudged us away from voting scum to try to get us to vote 3P.

Here I have been leaning scum on Colin but a big part of that is he hasn't been here much and doesn't seem to have paid attention when he was here earlier on in the game. I just read through him again - earlier I said I couldn't see posts that were towny but I also don't see posts that are scummy. I don't think that's enough right now to vote for him especially given the weight I was putting on "low presence" and my interpretation that he wasn't paying attention. I could have kicked myself when I read why I voted to lynch him in Inception.

I'll keep looking.

lots of linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:17 pm Dizzy is town, Colin is ehh.
I knew you would come to love me. Are you town though? Cause I want like a read list or something from you. Or at least your top suspects or something. Basically just want to know more where you're at and not so in the background.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
Wow thats way different than I saw him in Inception. I should look at that I guess.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok. I should stop flooding the thread with unfinished thoughts.

Make Jack solve the game. Thanks.

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:20 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
Wow thats way different than I saw him in Inception. I should look at that I guess.
Lower activity but latched onto stuff when he was around. That’s how I remember him being anyway 🤷‍♀️
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Still leery on Jay. FWIW, in all the games I’ve played with Jay as town he’s picked up early pressure. He hasn’t here, but I think that’s attributable to the size of the game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Looking at Colin:
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:08 pm I’m sorry I didn’t do anything, I misread and thought the phase ended today. About 1/3 of the way through the thread
Starting right here, one of the points that's been drilled into my head is that scum Colin cares about not letting down his teammates. Town Colin is free to drift more casually into the game. A post like this one strikes me as being much more likely to come from town Colin than scum Colin.
This is not to say that town Colin doesn't care, just that a town player is under less immediately pressure to make an impact.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 pm Although before I caught up I misinterpreted nutella as scum and read the thread as such, so some of my thoughts are useless.

I feel best about sig, his NANOOK suspicion and case felt really genuine. I also really like just about everything I’ve seen from ted. I like Jay so far, and Epi.

The Michelle post I quoted earlier bugged me out, I’m not sure what it meant/if it makes any sense. I agree with Epi’s concerne toward juliets.

Radishes isn’t giving me the same exact vibe as he did when I sniffed him out as 3P in Inception, but it’s similar ...
Other people have called Colin out for this post. I would also like to know more about what he saw/thought he saw in the particular Michelle post. I'm not claiming to understand this post completely, but it is the type of town-colin post I've misidentified in the past. He's plopping a few reads down without much detail or force and then bouncing off. In the past I've read that as a player who is trying to keep away from the spotlight. Instead I think it's a player who's participating in the capacity that he's able to without being bothered by how that will be received.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm Remember folks:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
This post has also got him some flak, but I again read it as a sing of town colin. He's literally quoting himself from a past game in which he was town, for one. I don't think scum colin is going to go for this sort of emotional/historical manipulation.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:14 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I don't know if I said "similar behavior", but what I've mislynched colin for in the past is his tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace. It's easy to misread that as a tentative, behind-the-action scum player, when in reality it's just been a behind-the-action civilian trying not to overstate his thoughts.

I have not looked closely at his posts in this game so I can't give you a detailed interpretation of what he looks like here. But that's my general warning against lynching Colin.
Thank you Sloonei that is helpful. I'll take another look at him and try to guard against reading him on a tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace.
juliets, I’ve been playing games with you since I signed up here, including recently. Why do you need Sloonei to tell you how I play? :confused:
I like this question and it's consistent with a thread colin's been tugging at re: juliets since early on in the game.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:24 pm See my recent post for why I’m placing a vote on [VOTE: Tony] aubergine for now.
The only thing I see that could indicate why this vote exists is that colin referred to a random number generator? That's not super inspiring. I'd rather see a vote for juliets or michelle, for instance.

I remain inclined to town-read Colin and will defend him. I am fully aware that I have a bias (reverse bias?) to defend him right now because I have been guilty of misreading him in just about every game we've played together in recent memory. But I also need to hear more from Colin to believe fully in this read. [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] can you tell us more about Michelle and juliets? Even if you are not currently suspicious of them, it appears that you have been at some point in this game. What prompted that, and how have those reads developed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Disinterested =\= low key
What you call or see as "disinterested" is what I see as low key. Probably. Where exactly are you seeing a lack of interest in Colin's posts?

i'll note that colin is one of the folks i've been playing with the longest on this site. We both came to the Syndicate from the same home site. There's a long history here. In the past he has been a more active player. He's good at this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I just read through [mention]sprityo[/mention] and almost all of it seems like fluff. He voted Jack on Day 1 making a point of saying it was just gut, but then also voted Jack on Day 2. Sprityo, are you still voting on just gut? I know you just got home and there is family to see and such so I don't want to push too hard but what's going on? You are capable of really great play as Jay pointed out but I can't say I see anything towny in your posts, and the vote for Jack on Day 2 is uninspiring or worse without a reason. Hope you are able to talk some more about this today.

Is anyone else having this same reaction or am I missing something?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by sabie12 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:43 pm Stuff in Sabie's ISO:

I know it's a lot, but I would appreciate it if someone took a look. Only need to follow my comments and what I highlight.

---

Her very first two posts are "I'll catch up later"-posts. I especially don't like the putting off things when she also mentions she's excited for this game in the first post. And there's a lot of what reads like excuses in her ISO, highlighted in cyan:
sabie12 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 pm Hey guys I didn't realize we started yet sorry about that. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on already. I'm excited for this game!
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:41 am I finally had a chance to actually read through the champion game set up and the past few pages before going back to sleep.phone is dying so I'll check back in in the morning with some thoughts so far.

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:05 am Hey svs! it's been awhile since we've been in a game together.
I see the votes on jack and I'm not sure. I thought i had a good idea of Jack's gameplay but I've been wrong a couple times. I feel like he tries really hard to blend in and look civ when he's bad and has been a more aggressive and jokey player when civ. He accused nutella in another game and ended up getting mislynched early on and was right about her. Nutella can be difficult to read at times but I have been able to read her correctly before. When I have more time later I'll have to read through their ISOs

Nanook was bad last game I played in and he was good at seeming like a civilian for awhile. I actually only started suspecting him towards the end. I haven't had a chance to look over his civ gameplay style to see if it is similar.
I saw JJJ put me in the bottom part of the reads when I haven't even done anything yet or is it because I haven't done anything yet? I didn't even know the game had started and it's a lot to catch up on. I'm not super talkative in the beginning of games sometimes but I'm trying to get better at it.
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm Oh right yeah sorry it was tony who also suspected nutella that game that got mislynched. Then I told everyone hey maybe they were right about nutella and she ended up being bad. Point is this seemed like a similar situation.

I'm heading home from work now and I'll catch up on what's been happening the last 8 hours. Haven't had a chance to read everything yet.

Here's the posts that Sabie talks about Radish.
Sabie talks a lot about Jack/Nut, but very little about Radish. These two posts are the only on I can find that she even mentions Radish.
And what she says is Belgian waffle. Highlighted in pink:
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:17 pm I finally just got through everything I missed.
Sorry ever since my surgery my processing speed is a little slow so it does take me some time to read and process and understand everything. I'm not ATEing or whatever just letting people who aren't super familiar with me know that's why I'm not as quick to respond sometimes. I am trying to keep up as best as I can and respond to things as they come up.
I saw that dizzy was questioning me because of my slow start but I'm just not as talkative in the beginning of games.

I'm not sure what to think about the jack and nutella dynamic. I know Jack always jokes around about being unlynchable. If jack is bad I wonder what would be his motivation to go after nutella so intensely because if she flips town then that just makes him look bad. Nutella does also bring up a good point that jack sometimes will change his mind at the last minute and say he was just trying to see how people respond to it. I'll have to look back at that other game because it does remind me of that and jack had been right. Jack claims he has been right about nutella multiple times does anyone know of another example besides the Australian game?

Nanook almost had me fooled in all my circuits. He is good at seeming like town when he's not. I feel like he has been kind of aggressive in some points I am never a fan of calling people idiots or anything like that.
I don't know master radishes I'm not familiar with them and I missed where the case began on them. I saw some people saying it had to do with their usage of certain terms?
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 am I feel bad for colin in that I feel like people often don't get me either but his ISO doesn't make me feel good about him. He doesn't seem to be interested in keeping up with what's going on and trying to figure things out. He asked about jack and then didn't give any further thoughts on it.

Does TH always have short responses and ask other people to make reads for him? I know I've played with him before but I don't remember. I feel like he's been kind of providing reads without much explanation and asking others to tell him why someone is scummy.

Nanook has had a big change in his tone since coming back so he must be excited about the role he got. I don't know if that's a good thing or not because he seems like he was hoping to be mafia but could just be a more exciting role. I find it weird he made it a point to point out he didn't get a mafia role.

I don't know if I've seen a bad jay before? I thought he looked like his usual self and getting discussion going and making reads. Is he different when he's bad?

Good to see sloonei seems back to his usual self. Just has to start asking more questions and have more long ISO posts and we got the old sloonei back. (Glad you're feeling better) good post on radishes I'm not familiar with them and they don't seem to be familiar with a lot of people here either so that's a good point.
Like, what does these posts about Radish say?
@sabie12 What is your opinion on Radish? Should he be lynched or no?

Other posts I don't like, and why:
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:14 pmYou played one game with me that I can recall and you were mafia and I told everyone you were but no one believed me and then you killed me night one.

I'm terrible at day 1 reads and usually take a little while to get momentum going and be more involved. My playstyle doesn't make sense to some people but I still win games so I must be doing something right.
^Here she's referencing a game where she read me correctly as scum on D1 and says that she's terrible at D1 reads.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pmSure so I'm not always as good at reading nutella as you claim to be. I thought she seemed similar this game to how she was in the Australian game with her responses to being suspected. I recall she strongly defended herself and threw suspicions in all other directions to see if it would stick. I thought that was kind of how she was reacting here. I think I've mostly seen nutella be mafia or indie in the last few games I've played with her though so that's what I'm used to seeing.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:10 pm @sabie12 I see a lot of things about nutella in your posts, but it's not clear why you voted her. Gimme the scoop.
Ive explained that I thought her playstyle was similar to what I've been seeing when she was mafia before. I'm also not the only one who suspected her. I also thought I had time to delve further into it before end of day.
^When she talks about Nut and votes her it reads both waffly and like she's distancing herself from the read or like she's trying to not be responsible for it.
So I know you're not super familiar with me. IRL I work a somewhat stressful emotionally draining job so my lack of posting sometimes just is related to my not being able to. I think my way of going about things is different than others so a lot of times my playstyle comes off as scummy to people who don't know me that well. I used to get upset and defensive about it but I've been trying not to be like that anymore. I just say what I'm thinking about things and give my honest opinions. I dont like to make up reads if its not how I feel
With radishes I'll be honest in saying I am not good at reading people who I've never met before and I don't have a frame of reference to read them. I don't feel particularly strong either way about them. In all my circuits therealet was new and everyone was aggressively going after them and I ended up following and then they ended up being civ and I felt bad about that.
This game has been hard because it's so big and you cant even do a lot of vote analysis with the day ending early and no one was night killed. So I've been focusing on things that make sense to me and trying to get reads on people I feel like I can read. My playstyle seems weird to people but it works for me and that's all I can do.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

It’s impossible to point to a lack of something, because it isn’t there to be pointed at

Also excuse me but vote analysis can still be done. For example, people voting nutella over radishes are slightly higher chance to be scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:07 pm G-man is the only name on this list without a question mark. Does that mean he's your most confident town read? Why? I've also seen mixed opinions on Michelle, so what can you tell me about her?

I just got a good feel from G-man the way he posted N1 and also came at me start of this day. You can call it strong gut if you like.
Michelle, I've been unsure, but I like the later I've seen from her, especially being all in Tunrip's face. It's a more challenging position, and I think Michelle is more sly and not so in your face or confident as scum. So I lean town on her.

You are mistaken about Colin. Me voting someone does not mean they are my strongest read. But I do like Nook's point just now about him seeming disinterested in solving.
I think there’s always something underlying “gut” reads. Can you at least identify the posts that made you feel good about G-man and try to talk about what gives you those good feelings?
I’ve only seen one scum game from Michelle in the past and she was noticeably different from her town self. She’s one of many I have not looked closely at here, but a glance at a few of her posts felt like her usual self. I think this aligns with your read here as well.

My mistake re: colin. Who is your strongest suspect? You might have said radishes, I forget who else is on that wagon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:45 pm It’s impossible to point to a lack of something, because it isn’t there to be pointed at
It’s possible to point to a post and say “this indicates that Player X is not interested in Y.”
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

It doesn’t work that way! Interest can be gestured at and pinpointed, disinterest cannot. Disinterest is an overarching lack of interest, it isn’t an active thing in and of itself.

It’s like saying “god isn’t real because he didn’t respond to prayers X Y and Z,” but then you can just say “well he did fulfill prayers A B and C.” You can’t prove the lack of something, you can’t point to one specific thing that indicates it, you can only say “I can’t point to anything that makes me believe in God’s existence/Colin being interested in finding scum, thus I do not believe in God/Colin being interested in finding scum.”

So if I had to point at a post, I’d point at all of them and say nothing makes me believe that Colin is engaged in this game in a townie way.

This is why an atheist arguing with a priest is a terrible idea btw, because the priest makes their point through the presence of things and the atheist makes their point through the lack of things, and people don’t like abstract concepts like that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:39 pm Ok I just read through @sprityo and almost all of it seems like fluff. He voted Jack on Day 1 making a point of saying it was just gut, but then also voted Jack on Day 2. Sprityo, are you still voting on just gut? I know you just got home and there is family to see and such so I don't want to push too hard but what's going on? You are capable of really great play as Jay pointed out but I can't say I see anything towny in your posts, and the vote for Jack on Day 2 is uninspiring or worse without a reason. Hope you are able to talk some more about this today.

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine

Also because you can’t argue with “it is because I believe it is.”

There are better options than sprit today imo
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thank you for the response [mention]sabie12[/mention]. I think that helps.
Leep of faith sabie as town actually.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:46 pmI think there’s always something underlying “gut” reads. Can you at least identify the posts that made you feel good about G-man and try to talk about what gives you those good feelings?
I’ve only seen one scum game from Michelle in the past and she was noticeably different from her town self. She’s one of many I have not looked closely at here, but a glance at a few of her posts felt like her usual self. I think this aligns with your read here as well.

My mistake re: colin. Who is your strongest suspect? You might have said radishes, I forget who else is on that wagon.
No, I think we're just going to talk in circles now. Radish is my biggest suspect still, yes. Nothing has really changed that. But thread is full of scum, so obviously there's others as well.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I believe it is doable, but I’m not interested in dragging the thread down with this discussion. And anyway, God is an ill-defined concept to begin with. Interest/disinterest is not.

I’ve made your argument against Colin a half dozen times in the past. I’ve been wrong a half dozen times.

This is @ nanook

Stop posting
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:56 pm There are better options than sprit today imo
I'd lynch half the roster if I could. :llama:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:56 pm There are better options than sprit today imo
Ok, I'm listening. I've ruled out Colin but maybe you have some others in mind?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm I believe it is doable, but I’m not interested in dragging the thread down with this discussion. And anyway, God is an ill-defined concept to begin with. Interest/disinterest is not.

I’ve made your argument against Colin a half dozen times in the past. I’ve been wrong a half dozen times.

This is @ nanook

Stop posting
Why are you telling me to stop posting

You stop posting

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Tranq is a decent option imo, or SVS. Idk I don’t hate a jimmy or tony vote but I’m not super sold either.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm I believe it is doable, but I’m not interested in dragging the thread down with this discussion. And anyway, God is an ill-defined concept to begin with. Interest/disinterest is not.

This is @ nanook

Stop posting
Why are you telling me to stop posting

You stop posting
Lol

“Stop posting” was my linki message. My post got bumped three times before I finally succeeded at submitting it. You keep posting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I forgot [mention]Tranq[/mention] was playing. Tranq, get in here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:02 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Tranq is a decent option imo, or SVS. Idk I don’t hate a jimmy or tony vote but I’m not super sold either.
Thanks for the response. Tranq, SVS and Jay I'm seeing some things I like but Tony is next on my list to look at.

I'm taking a break though guys I'm getting thread weary.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:17 pm Dizzy is town, Colin is ehh.
I knew you would come to love me. Are you town though? Cause I want like a read list or something from you. Or at least your top suspects or something. Basically just want to know more where you're at and not so in the background.
Town:

Dizzy
Epi?
G-Man
Jack?
SVS
sig
Ted
Me

Ehh:
Colin
Dom
Drago
Mac
Radish
Michelle
A book
Sloonei
Sprit
Tranq

Baddish:
Jay
Juliets
Sabie
Speed
Turnip
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

Holy **** Liverpool may actually lose. :eek:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pmBaddish:
Juliets
Sabie
Turnip
I'm very interested in these reads. Rip my life.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:39 pm Ok I just read through @sprityo and almost all of it seems like fluff. He voted Jack on Day 1 making a point of saying it was just gut, but then also voted Jack on Day 2. Sprityo, are you still voting on just gut? I know you just got home and there is family to see and such so I don't want to push too hard but what's going on? You are capable of really great play as Jay pointed out but I can't say I see anything towny in your posts, and the vote for Jack on Day 2 is uninspiring or worse without a reason. Hope you are able to talk some more about this today.

Yeah I had the same feeling about spirityo so far. He hasn't done his usual amount of posting and accusing. Seems kinda blah.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”