Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:31 pm I’m still sick and my head still hurts, so I probably won’t have a ton to say today again. This sucks.

I have an actual case against Radishes. I’ll post it if I find the energy. I have some things to say about speedchuck too. Saying those things requires less energy.
I love you, sloonmeister.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am - Says he doesn't see any ATE in Nutella's posts. I interpreted this as him not seeing any emotion in Nutella's posts which I disagree with. I see a lot of emotion.
Nah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

I hate appeal to emotion and it's lost several games to scum on this site.
Ok speed thanks for the clarification.
That said nutella does get a lot more emotional after Mac turns on her. I see why she has votes.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pmI understand but I don't know what's behind your feeling. and would like to know.
Do you have a read on me, Juliets?
I'm leaning town on you Dizzy, you are loose and free and throwing out thoughts and questions left and right. Right or wrong, this is behavior I associate with town Dizzy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I need a nap. I probably have more thoughts, but those can wait I guess.

I want to hear from Nanook and G-Man especially probably.

What is Turnip like as scum? Anyone?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:33 pmI'm leaning town on you Dizzy, you are loose and free and throwing out thoughts and questions left and right. Right or wrong, this is behavior I associate with town Dizzy.
*buddying successful* :hugs:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:57 am By the by, Dom adding to my wagon is pretty bad. Like it was a shit wagon. There were absolutely scum on it.

If I ignore my Nutella read and attempt to read the wagon of Jay, Sprityo, Dom, SVS, Epi and have to pick one player out of that list that reacted scummy to the wagon, it's Dom. Then it's SVS but the only other thing suspicious about SVS is her handwaving Nutella suspicion, which only makes sense from a town or a partner with Nutella wagon. That is, I'm not going to pursue SVS based on her vote, just that I don't like it and it was the weakest, most out of character reason to vote for a large townie wagon compared to Jay, Sprityo and Epi's votes, which were fine and basically NAI.
Jack, I'm not understanding what you're saying. You talk about the wagon of Jay, Sprit, Dom, SVS, Epi - but they voted for different people. And it doesn't look like you're looking at everyone on the large wagons. When you say "...of that list that reacted scummy to the wagon" what wagon are you talking about?
Those are the players who were voting for me at the highest point of my own wagon.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 pm So Jack backing down on Nutella is meh for a few reasons.

1. He was so confident and into it, to suddenly 180 just doesn't look good for either of them.
2. *Adjusts tin foil hat* What's the chance they're on the same team? Didn't expect this to happen and it blew out of proportion or vice verse Jack is just mafia and did this without expecting results. However, he knew if Nutella was flipped partly due to his push he'd be next.
3. I don't think the progression of "I can read Nutella" to I want to give her more time, but still isn't sure seems very genuine.
4. Nutella's reaction to Jack and her tone were both two things I really didn't like, that doesn't change with Jack pulling his suspicion of her.

I also feel like if we all move off Nutella, what's to stop this from being Jack vs Nutella on Day 2 or 3 when he does the same thing? The door is definitely still open.
Nah.

Point number one is valid, which is why Jack wouldn't do it.
Point number two includes a tinfoil hat, so I'll let it stand with that caveat.
Points number three and four are fair enough.

The last thing is just a terrible reason to lynch someone though holy crap. I suss.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm What is Turnip like as scum? Anyone?
Hawt.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm Players who knows Sabie much better than I, please talk about Sabie.
She's way easier to read for me lategame.

Generally, she has a really good tone but tends to express honest suspicions that are maybe not 100% thought out and can come across as scummy or opportunistic even when she's town.

Since tone and mindset reads are not super effective against her, I'd lean on associative reads which again points to waiting until late game.

I know that's not even slightly helpful but hey, she's a null read for me atm.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:31 pm I’m still sick and my head still hurts, so I probably won’t have a ton to say today again. This sucks.

I have an actual case against Radishes. I’ll post it if I find the energy. I have some things to say about speedchuck too. Saying those things requires less energy.
I'm sorry you're sick Sloonei that's hell when playing a game like this and trying to keep up with life. If there is anything at all you can post about your Radish case, even if it's not the whole case, it would be very helpful to me as I am not seeing what those who voted for him are seeing. I may be biased for him because I like and respect him. I hope this is not too much to ask of you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 pm So Jack backing down on Nutella is meh for a few reasons.

1. He was so confident and into it, to suddenly 180 just doesn't look good for either of them.
2. *Adjusts tin foil hat* What's the chance they're on the same team? Didn't expect this to happen and it blew out of proportion or vice verse Jack is just mafia and did this without expecting results. However, he knew if Nutella was flipped partly due to his push he'd be next.
3. I don't think the progression of "I can read Nutella" to I want to give her more time, but still isn't sure seems very genuine.
4. Nutella's reaction to Jack and her tone were both two things I really didn't like, that doesn't change with Jack pulling his suspicion of her.

I also feel like if we all move off Nutella, what's to stop this from being Jack vs Nutella on Day 2 or 3 when he does the same thing? The door is definitely still open.
Nah.

Point number one is valid, which is why Jack wouldn't do it.
Point number two includes a tinfoil hat, so I'll let it stand with that caveat.
Points number three and four are fair enough.

The last thing is just a terrible reason to lynch someone though holy crap. I suss.
I'll admit it isn't the best, but I don't really think we got anything resolved from spending almost half the phase on them. If anything I'm just more suspicious of both.

I'd still prefer other people, but if push comes to shove and we have no other options then these 3 I think i'd prefer either Jack or Nutella. :shrug:

Though really none of these lynches gets my excited, but I'm not actively against any either.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm I need a nap. I probably have more thoughts, but those can wait I guess.

In the Yun Qui game (what game was that anybody? Can't remember the name.) he was bad and head of a team (the Yun Qui) with townies on it including me and nutella. I hate to speak for her but I think we both found him credible for a long time, he kept us working as a team and was downright charming. It wasn't at all like I see him here where he doesn't have much to say. [mention]nutella[/mention] may remember more of his behavior.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:16 pm @S~V~S I think I asked you why you asked Radish about the word "baddie" when you didn't think it was a slip or anything AI? Were you just curious in general or something?
I was curious about where he had played, and who he played with, since I had never run into another community that used the word baddie, and I posted that remark at the tail end of a conversation where someone (Jay? Sloonei?) had been questioning Radishes about his experience.

Right after I posted it, Nanook pushed back at it, and it felt like he was implying stupidity, so I left the thread for a bit. When I came back, I saw sig running with it and then Sloonei telling him to back off, so I posted basically the above, that I was not trying to imply it was a slip. Which I was not.

In that post where you talk about my vote, are you talking about my Radishes vote? I made a few posts well before I voted him discussing why I suspected him, so not sure what you are on about?
It's specifically talking about your vote for me. It's probably just you misunderstanding what I was saying about being unlynchable and I townread basically everything else you've done but if I squint, I could see the vote as scummy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to the gym in about 30 minutes but I'll try to look at Nanook before I go.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 am If I’m wrong on Nutella, I will handwave this game later like “lol multiball” and insist I’m still perfect at reading her.
You can't be right or wrong if you don't even have a stance :meany:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm I need a nap. I probably have more thoughts, but those can wait I guess.

In the Yun Qui game (what game was that anybody? Can't remember the name.) he was bad and head of a team (the Yun Qui) with townies on it including me and nutella. I hate to speak for her but I think we both found him credible for a long time, he kept us working as a team and was downright charming. It wasn't at all like I see him here where he doesn't have much to say. @nutella may remember more of his behavior.
Firefly maybe? (Yeesh that game was a riot.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I'm not anywhere near finished looking at Nanook and I have to go. I'll be gone for a couple of hours and finish looking at him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:47 am
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 am In looking through speedchucks ISO there really isn't much there. When he discussed the jack nutella dynamic he just says it was interesting which is a way to kind of seem involved and respond to what's going on without really putting in his own perspective or response to it. He hasn't really seemed like he's trying to figure things out or anything.

I guess I'm not surprised jack is kind of changing what he said before about nutella. It seems as though he is trying to see how people react to his accusations and I know he can be tricky like that. I don't see it as a bad look for jack right now. I don't know if it necessarily changes my feeling on nutella but I'm curious to see what her response is to that.
Can you elaborate on your feelings on Nutella?

I saw you basically be like "Jack is good at reading Nutella" but I didn't see much in the way of what you independently think about her, given the posts I'm missing.
Sure so I'm not always as good at reading nutella as you claim to be. I thought she seemed similar this game to how she was in the Australian game with her responses to being suspected. I recall she strongly defended herself and threw suspicions in all other directions to see if it would stick. I thought that was kind of how she was reacting here. I think I've mostly seen nutella be mafia or indie in the last few games I've played with her though so that's what I'm used to seeing.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Can I get some reads on SVS? I think she looks good, but it's been forever since we played together.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

I'll potentially bite the bullet to stop a tie if it comes down to it, but like I've been saying he's my number one choice and just generally meh on Nutella/Jack.

I plan to read over Radish when I have time to form a more cohesive opinion. He does seem blendy/not super active and his Nanook connection troubles me.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by sig »

Gonna start on my Meh ISO's. Michelle is first, I'll probably be spoiling everything to make it more readable.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 am
Vanilla

31% Voters: speedchuck, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, sprityo
The amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 am
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm Okay, let’s do this! The secret portion of my role card says that I am the champion of this game. Sorry to cut this game so short, especially after all that time waiting through sign-ups, but I win. You can go home now.
not so fast champion, we still have to discuss things through ;)
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am Sloonei town

TSP town

Epi scum

Catch y’all later
i see this as a towny post
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am I forget how to play this game.
:doubt:

Catched up. Some flavours mentioned including the radish ice cream will not met my expectations.
I like these two posts, mainly since she's expressing the same thoughts I am.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am Some page 5 thoughts

JJJ acts close to that game where he was villager and let himslef lynched with a wrong Poe. He kind of pressures everyone. For scum to be that is too annoying and he may get lynched just because. I don't see this as a scum safe play now, JJJ may be villager, a little too paranoid one.

Idk why is Sig upset about candy given like town reads http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 93#p586093 but in post 243 he explains his thoughts in a pretty villagery way.

Sloonei has a solid logic in his posts which feels good.
Not sure I agree with jay read, but meta seems right.

I stand by my Candy thing, but that's a playstyle issue.

No opinion on Sloonie right now, but I think it's a genuine read from Michelle.

What I'm really noticing here is Michelle is playing it safe, being active and giving out some civ reads with room to switch but not really poking people.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

That’s my quota of Serious Mafia Terms for the day, you’re welcome.
sounds spicy at the first read
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

This post suggests that nanook is unaware there are two mafia teams.
Is quite interesting Sloonei didn't infirm the accusation :ponder:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm

This post suggests that nanook is unaware there are two mafia teams.
This post suggests that Nanook is spewing nonsense.
the post was presented as serious :suspish:
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
:huh: maybe you can dig in memories?
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
I certainly don't have a mindmeld with Radishes this game
This entire post reads blendy/trying to get some town cred, without saying much.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:39 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine

He left the game long ago and didn't give me the villagery feeling he had in the inception game. I know he was 3rd part, but an independent can have towny posts easier than mafia.
A weaker reason to vote, but it's D1. The main thing that's off here is she says he left game long ago, so an activity issue. However, Michelle isn't posting much so seems strange to cite that as a reason.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Solely from vibe she puts more feeling here. There it was faked. Usually villagers emotions are stronger.
I would not lynch her today.
For analysing content I need day time reading and now I can't, i barely can stay with the eyes open.

If nutella winds up being mafia I could see them being teammates or vice verse, but face value not bad.

SO Overall Michelle's ISO didn't give me much to go off of. What I did notice is a lack of solid reads/positions and a failure to give any potential baddie reads. I do dislike this since it gives her room to maneuver around and switch opinions.

I'd say Michelle is a Mafia-Lean right now and would like to see some more reads from her.

[mention]Michelle[/mention] Can you give me a run down of your reads? What you currently think of Radish and Jack and who you'd vote for besides Radish?
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:57 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:11 am Registering a vote for nutella, as I understand that case more than the one against radishes
What do you understand the case on Nutella to be?
What is your view of the Radish case/how does it (not) make sense to you?
At the time—[Jack has a consistently accurate read on nutella and thinks she’s scum] and [radish isn’t doing enough]

I’ve seen radish “not do enough” on D1 as town and as an Indy in the two games I’ve played with him, so that’s not particularly compelling for me. On the other hand, if jack is professing a strong scumread on Nutella, and there’s been quite a bit of corroboration that he consistently reads her correctly, that’s enough to vote on imo as it has high odds there’s a scum between them and it’s more likely her. Obviously I have to re-evaluate now, but I probably won’t for a bit cause I’m tired and busy.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also a Pre-ISO (minus Michelle) breakdown of my thoughts.

Super duper Civ:
Sig

Civ Reads:
Epi: Playing within Civ meta, active.
SVS: Good tone and activity push. I like how she clarified her Radish Slip thing seemed very civvie.
tedxtr: This may change after I ISO him, but based off D0/early D1 liked him.

Civ Leans:
Sloonei
TH
sprityo
sabie12

Null:
juliets
G-Man
Dyslexicon
TonyStarkPrime
Dom

Need more posts:
Colins
Drag
Tranq

Mafia Lean:
nutella
MacDougall
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Master Radishes
speedchuck
Michelle

Mafia:

Tried to minimize my null reads. My Jack/Nutella reads are based off their back and forth so I really didn't know where to stick them, but they're both pinging me right now.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm off for a bit, don't post to much when I'm gone. :nicenod:
ImageImage

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 amGood morning (or afternoon) Dizzy. Would you share your thoughts on speed? If you already did so and I'm not remembering just send me back to your ISO.
Good afternoon in my case. I have no thoughts on Speed at all.
I still probably don't trust Radish. He seems more genuine and unguarded now, but that was after I pointed out my specific gripe with him which he understood very well. But also I feel kind of bad voting there, cause I like him and he hasn't played here a lot and he's putting forth a lot of effort. Honestly I keep thinking "but I like them" every time I think about who I want lynched, so I may just not take this game so seriously tbh.
Regarding Nut I somehow have more clarity (though not a confident read). Since it's not longer Jack and Mac being "she scum for meta" and then Juliets and S-V-S being "she's town for meta". Based on what I've read, the meta points more to her being town, especially now that Jack is more unsure. I'm not very interested in lynching her.

I wonder if it could really be as easy as Nanook and Radish. Nanook choosing Nut over Radish for meh reasoning stuck out to me. And Nanook reacting big to the whole "baddie" usage discussion. It seems almost too obvious, but sometimes players react obvious.

In other words, I really need people to die to get something to work with.

I also could easily lynch G-man or someone else with low content that doesn't otherwise strike me as towny. Only think I remember from G-man is his weird over explanation of why he chose the vanilla flavor.
FMPOV the radish reasoning is fairly meh

Like idk maybe he is a baddie but I don’t think him having a meh D1 is particularly AI, at least it isn’t in the two games I’ve seen him play 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:27 am Hey I think G-man has decent odds at flipping scum by the way, anyone wanna talk about it?

Also, MR has been talked about by everyone early game, everyone threw jabs at him but he never got hard pushed so it makes me happier to see his wagon grow.

So was G-Man, but a much lower percentage.
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, JaggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

:pout:
This post comes to mind as a scum post. I need to check if triple J commented anything on this because it's a horribad post
Outstanding work. You got me. I surrender.

Sorry folks, but I don’t have time for a game that spews posts this rapidly. I’m not one to quit a game either though, so you’ll just have to reconcile that in your mind for now.

I should be able to set aside 30-45 minutes tonight before the deadline, but I can’t even fake attempting interest in catching up. I’ll observe EoD and vote accordingly.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:25 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pmNah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

I'll feel awful if you don't read me town, Speed. =(

But like. Are you caught up and stuff? Who are your main suspicions? I miss the days when you posted all the time.
Aww. I wouldn't want you to feel awful! Dizzy

Heck no I'm not caught up. I've read like 3 pages and skimmed another 5. I accidentally got myself into temporarily working 2 jobs a couple weeks ago and between that and my infant, life is a storm right now. People can suspect me though, that's fine. I miss the days when I posted all the time, too. It was easier to spearhead an accusation instead of bandwagoning on someone, which I'll probably have to do today.
How’d you accidentally get a second job? This is the most interesting thing in the thread tbh

I worked two for about 3 months starting when my infant was like 7 months, but I did it on purpose :p

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:16 pm @S~V~S I think I asked you why you asked Radish about the word "baddie" when you didn't think it was a slip or anything AI? Were you just curious in general or something?
I was curious about where he had played, and who he played with, since I had never run into another community that used the word baddie, and I posted that remark at the tail end of a conversation where someone (Jay? Sloonei?) had been questioning Radishes about his experience.

Right after I posted it, Nanook pushed back at it, and it felt like he was implying stupidity, so I left the thread for a bit. When I came back, I saw sig running with it and then Sloonei telling him to back off, so I posted basically the above, that I was not trying to imply it was a slip. Which I was not.

@Jackofhearts2005

In that post where you talk about my vote, are you talking about my Radishes vote? I made a few posts well before I voted him discussing why I suspected him, so not sure what you are on about?
I was only implying that it was stupid to push it as AI, fwiw. Not that you’re stupid for asking it in general.

What do you want to hear? I’ll be in and out for a bit, we can chat if you’re around

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:13 pm Ok I'm not anywhere near finished looking at Nanook and I have to go. I'll be gone for a couple of hours and finish looking at him.
Yeah I’ve been annoyingly active this game, sorry
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pmNah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

But like. Are you caught up and stuff? Who are your main suspicions? I miss the days when you posted all the time.

Heck no I'm not caught up. I've read like 3 pages and skimmed another 5. I accidentally got myself into temporarily working 2 jobs a couple weeks ago and between that and my infant, life is a storm right now. People can suspect me though, that's fine. I miss the days when I posted all the time, too. It was easier to spearhead an accusation instead of bandwagoning on someone, which I'll probably have to do today.
How’d you accidentally get a second job? This is the most interesting thing in the thread tbh

I worked two for about 3 months starting when my infant was like 7 months, but I did it on purpose :p
I thought I'd audition for some audiobook productions, since I've improved my voiceover and editing abilities over the past year. I thought maybe I'd see what sort of feedback or offers I might get.

I got all of them. Now I'm swamped with audio work until mid-May.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

They fooled me hard in firefly so I'd be wary of they seem *too* civvie/helpful/friendly/buddy-ish. I'm not seeing that here so far.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:06 pm

I thought I'd audition for some audiobook productions, since I've improved my voiceover and editing abilities over the past year. I thought maybe I'd see what sort of feedback or offers I might get.

Oh that’s pretty cool though! What do you use for editing, audition? Or are you a fancy pro tools man? I need to get better at my sound editing, definitely a weak spot for me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

One part of my Radishes case has to do with this:
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm Yeah, okay, I don't have the time or will to slog through the thread again. Just...give me someone(s) to ISO or summat.
The "tell me what to do" approach is something that I associate with bad guys more than good guys. It's deferential and passive, and is a way for a (scum) player to look like they're scum hunting without having to worry about their targets or intentions being misinterpreted: somebody else told them what to do and they simply obliged.

the isos that followed were uninspiring.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 pm Like Nutella is playing what I would expect from her if she tried really hard to mimic her town game.

Or she’s just town.

Like she’s hitting her scumtell a and her towntells.
This seems to be the epicenter of the Jacktella quake. I am brought to wonder:

How do we (we who know nutella) anticipate her to respond to a post like this, where is she is told she is playing to her norms in both alignments? This is an accusation from Jack after all, even if "softened" by the town half of the presentation. I'm not surprised nutella called it garbage, or that she wondered aloud if a mafioso Jack would be so obvious as to openly hedge in this manner.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 am If I’m wrong on Nutella, I will handwave this game later like “lol multiball” and insist I’m still perfect at reading her.
You can't be right or wrong if you don't even have a stance :meany:
"lol multiball"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

on closer inspection of speed, my thoughts haven't changed much: he's given us very little to work with, focusing on a limited range of topics. I do not fault him for that given his limited availability. There's nothing that makes me read him one way or the other. I would not campaign for his lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 am http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... Australian

JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
sprityo
And anyone else who may think I’m too serious to be townJack or that I could be wrong or lying about Nutella being mafia, read my interactions with Nutella in that link with the knowledge that I am town and she’s a wolf.

This game is practically a rerun.
I've reviewed this at least quickly. A few notes:

~ nutella's responses to your suspicion in that game do not look like this one. In that game her initial responses were almost fluffy and jovial -- she used "lol" and laugh emojis and made a Pokemon joke. Eventually she lost that persona after constant hounding from you, but even then she was a piece of wood. She was serious and obstinate, but she was emotionless. This time she has responded to you with proverbial ~angery~ energy.

~ Your own handling of nutella looks similar enough at the onset. The comparison here is a bit difficult to draw given that I don't think she handled you the same way then, which then leads to differences in your handling of her. At the least though I can see some parallel.

Primarily, consider following this exercise yourself with your present read on nutella in mind rather than [people's] present reads on you.
:ponder:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Like also ask who has reacted to Nutella in a teamlike way.

The answer is SVS and JaggedJimmyJay, both of whom I townread in a vacuum.

No, I don't think I'll be leaving my vote on Nutella today.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm One part of my Radishes case has to do with this:
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm Yeah, okay, I don't have the time or will to slog through the thread again. Just...give me someone(s) to ISO or summat.
The "tell me what to do" approach is something that I associate with bad guys more than good guys. It's deferential and passive, and is a way for a (scum) player to look like they're scum hunting without having to worry about their targets or intentions being misinterpreted: somebody else told them what to do and they simply obliged.

the isos that followed were uninspiring.
Agreed. The iso-quest is probably his worst look in terms of seeming forced. [mention]juliets[/mention] what do you think
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

[mention]nutella[/mention] does jack backing off make him scummy or towny?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 pm I can understand Nutella's frustration because bad Jack "tunneled" me twice when I was civ in separate games and it was infuriating.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Oh that’s pretty cool though! What do you use for editing, audition? Or are you a fancy pro tools man? I need to get better at my sound editing, definitely a weak spot for me.
Just audacity. Editing a single vocal stereo track isn't bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Just audacity. Editing a single vocal stereo track isn't bad.
Yeah audacity is not too bad
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Saracha sauce and tangerine ipa do not mix well. I feel like I'm totally wasting the later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Somebody explain the Radishes wagon.

I kinda want to lynch Dom.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:26 pm @nutella does jack backing off make him scummy or towny?
Man I don't even know anymore. I still want to think town but maybe not.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I feel like dom had a softer edge in the scum game I played with...him?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:50 pm ebwop, *I don't see eye to eye with you on *Jack* (not Chuck)
Lol easy mistake to make.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”