Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] When did I become the towniest player in the game to you? I know I am, obviously, but when did you realize?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:51 pm why does nutella feel off tonally
I'm not seeing any difference.

But, I'm not a huge fan of the Mac switch. Though I do feel like if they were teammates she'd not be so obvious about new opinion.

[mention]nutella[/mention] For Nutella 1.0 who were you thinking was your mafia targets? I'm assuming you were forming some thoughts there.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm skipping Sloonei for now too. Time is limited.

speedchuck

Spoiler: show
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:25 pm New poll.

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
PB.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:47 pm I've not voted yet so I haven't seen the poll. Who is in the 4th slot on Nutella, Jack, and/or me?

Thar be scum. Bet me.
Yay! Someone else ascribes to the "fourth is scum" theory of vote trains!
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

I have no idea why anyone would vote Master Radishes.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

What do you think about sloonei's point from a few posts ago?
Ah, didn't see that post. I can see it.

I've also said the same thing myself several times as town [citation needed but I think I have]. I might could do it this game, but I wouldn't have time to follow up if someone DID tell me what to do! :biggrin:

Some part of me realizes that not much good comes from 'tell me what to do' though, so I do see it now.
Is that why everyone is voting there? For a point that was made only after everyone already voted there?
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:53 pm I could maybe lynch Mac. Idk.

Linki: But what if we haven't read any of those reasons but Jay's? Checkmate, athiests.
Or even Jay's, for that matter. nutella

Some of us have only read 2% of the thread. Instead of looking for reasons, I read Mister Radishes' ISO.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 pm

This post looks bogus.

Both wagons are shiny turds. But I understand why people suspect nutella. Here's a reason why I understand. But lynching her is wonky. But. Then the sentence about Radish is more strongly stated than would seem reasonable. No idea. Anyone. Dramatic
Wozzit called? Stream of consciousness. Thassit.

Since that post I have at least been told why someone would vote master radishes. This post was entirely based on ISOs
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.
I dunno, I was suspicious of Sig for a reason I think. Let me look back.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:29 pm Wozzit called? Stream of consciousness. Thassit.

Since that post I have at least been told why someone would vote master radishes. This post was entirely based on ISOs
What'd you see in the ISO before you were told why?
Reasonable D1 suspicions. Sincerity.

chuck's initial "shiny turd" assessment of the D1 Radish wagon is stated with a rare confidence in the context of teammate interaction. That confidence evaporated as soon as he engaged in any conversation about it though, so shrug. None of this makes me feel anything. He voted Mac D2.

Compatibility: Decent

~~~

sprityo

sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:32 am
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm Can anyone give me a run down of Radishes Meta?
When we played in Inception he was the architect and Indy, played really safe and indecisive but still kept an air of he knew what was happening. Which made choosing to lynch him or evenstar (mafia) that much more difficult
sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:15 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:12 pm SVS asking Radishes where he picked up the word “baddie” should not be made into a thing, please.
Why not
In the sense that we should dissect SVS for asking it. She’s been away for a while and was genuinely curious about the usage of an old vocabulary. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I’ll allow your angle about Radishes slipping though.
Wish I could get that kind of relief when I say something of no significance. :disappoint:

I’ll remember this for later, if not a later game sloonei :eye:
sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:13 am Cool I’m caught up

JaggedJimmyJay you said that I was nominated for mvp for a reason. Now I totally could’ve nominated myself but I didn’t (so thank you to whoever did that) but your statement for that was hollow in that I play mafia my way and that’s how I get results. Same as everyone. So if you want MVP material you’re just gonna have to wait for it because it’ll come with time.

What’d Mac say in Inception to the scum team? “Sprityo is a crucial mislynch” although I like to think of myself more like a snowball

Enough about me though-

I don’t care about this nanook sig radishes kerfuffle that happened between pages 6 and 10 roughly, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say jack is mafia this game. Just pure gut. I have no reason other than I think it.

Also Dom is here, huzzah! I enjoyed playing with Dom in Inception and can’t wait for another game with him. Same to Dizzy, I love their zanyness.

Jay is also 100% town. Don’t ask me why

That’s my lukewarm takes, Jack bad, jay good

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
sprityo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:52 pm me Radishes Tony and Sig should all vote speedchuck to make a 3 way tie
sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:46 pm I chose to spend time with my wife tonight instead of playing mafia. :pout:
Why? :mafia: :eye:
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:38 pm ColinIsCool green
Dom green
Dragomir green
Dyslexicon green
Epignosis green
JaggedJimmyJay green
juliets green
Michelle green
sabie12 green
Sloonei green
tedxtr green
TonyStarkPrime green
Tranq green

G-Man red
Jackofhearts2005 red
MacDougall red
Master Radishes red
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0 red
S~V~S red
sig red
speedchuck red
Turnip Head red

I’m comfortable with this personal GTH

By default I put anyone I had no opinion on due to lack of voting as green

I have nothing to say about any of this. It is all very whatever. They could be teammates.

~~~

tedxtr

tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Independent of all this: how do we all feel about master radishes?
not having much on him, i don't think there's been anything AI up to this post from him really
tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:02 am
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:37 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm Like am I crazy here or is this a potential slip.

MacDougall
Epignosis
sig, what are you saying is a slip?
I was saying radish using term baddie could ne a slip that's he has BTSC with an older player who uses term
this is the closest thing to a town derp thought that's been posted in the thread thus far
tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes ] aubergine
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:42 pm Wait.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:33 pm Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
This is random and way too full for so early a point in the game. Some of the names listed had barely posted.

[VOTE: Vote MacDougall] aubergine

Yeah, I like this.

I'm going to head to bed now.
Why do I read this as a wolf that came out of wolf chat and decided to ISO low posters because probably nobody focused on em and it’s easy to fake contribution by doing that

Feeling content with my vote
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:06 pm G-man should quake in fear

Radishes tremor to my scum read on you please
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:57 am I honestly think you’re town and the push on you kind of makes me suspicious of the people on you.

G-Man has been a point of contention ever since day one, so has Radishes. Some people have expressed their reasoning for scum reading G-Man and yet nobody’s really pushing it, and the fact you’re being pushed over him, especially when people are claiming he ain’t done anything makes me sick to my stomach.

Lynch people that are scum.

Also, the case sig presented (which seems like the main reason people are voting you) is easily refutable by you asking in one of your posts “yo sig why are you voting me?” If you were Saitama you’d have known you silenced him so that question makes no sense. I am honestly surprised nobody pointed this out.

Especially going as far as to mention him, which meets a level of expectation of “why hasn’t he tried to engage with me / talk to me” which he couldn’t have done in one post before reaching a scum read on you. First ask questions, then reach a conclusion, and you having that thought is the closest thing to an easy derp clear like sig did on Day 1.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am Hold on. If Mac flips wolf, Ted may have just outed himself as his teammate.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:48 am In Inception his posts stuck out like a sore thumb and he was forcing interactions with his scum buds that were honestly the closest thing to open wolfing ever since day one.

In here he just posted his thoughts and didn’t force anything. His questions in Inception also sucked and he had a general agenda of looking townie, whereas in here he does seem to go at his own pace.
'His posts stuck out...' - yeah, for you reading in retrospect, sure. If they were that obvious, why didn't he get lynched right away?

And also, context is necessary. Inception was a game Mac had invited a lot of his new Champs friends to, and he presumably had more time to play. I'm not at all surprised he's playing differently here regardless of alignment.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:57 am I honestly think you’re town and the push on you kind of makes me suspicious of the people on you.

G-Man has been a point of contention ever since day one, so has Radishes. Some people have expressed their reasoning for scum reading G-Man and yet nobody’s really pushing it, and the fact you’re being pushed over him, especially when people are claiming he ain’t done anything makes me sick to my stomach.

Lynch people that are scum.

Also, the case sig presented (which seems like the main reason people are voting you) is easily refutable by you asking in one of your posts “yo sig why are you voting me?” If you were Saitama you’d have known you silenced him so that question makes no sense. I am honestly surprised nobody pointed this out.

Especially going as far as to mention him, which meets a level of expectation of “why hasn’t he tried to engage with me / talk to me” which he couldn’t have done in one post before reaching a scum read on you. First ask questions, then reach a conclusion, and you having that thought is the closest thing to an easy derp clear like sig did on Day 1.
First, the tone seems too confident about Mac being town.

Secondly, why push G-Man as your counter example instead of me? I've been far more bandied about as a lynch. I actually don't know that this is scummy, but it's odd.

Third, you think Mac trying to engage with Sig refutes him being Saitama? I guess no one has ever lied in a game of Mafia before. :haha:

Honestly, this defence feels a bit straw-graspy and is also quite confident about Mac's 'town' alignment, and I question whether a townie would write it. :|
First, I think you’re putting a lot more stock into how I’m reading you when my suspicion was more of a “he’s not doing anything and has shit tone so i’m fine voting there” which feels rather weird. You even mentioned how my vote on you would express towards that, even though it’s not in these exact words, but this is essentially what you were doing as well. I wasn’t really scum reading you heavily because I had nothing to go based off of. I do have for G-Man. You started posting a lot more of your analysis, which was what my initial vote was based on, you not doing anything. I think this angle that you’ve taken is really opportunistic because I don’t remember saying anything about your slot other than placing a vote on you or calling you scum for not doing anything. This dichotomy is weird, do you feel like I should be voting you right here or? I don’t get it. It seems like disingenous posturing, you mentioned I was looking elsewhere while voting you, so I wasn’t really scum reading you, and i clearly stated reasons for scum reading G-Man and pushing him.

Secondly, yes, I think that posting is real and it doesn’t even matter if he’s Saitama or not, my point was I expect mafia members to know of each other’s actions so that just spews him not scum.

Going back to my point about G-Man, you’ve been constantly poked and when you started doing shit, people kind of either left you or voted you anyway, which probably means you’re town, whereas G-Man has been poked, he’s on people’s scum lists, people have actual reasoning to vote there and yet he’s constantly being avoided. People comment on how bad he looks and never hard push him. But people do push you though.

I mean, Mac’s play just reminds me of All My Circuits really, and me having an obvious scum read on him reading Inception and seeing how easy he is to be caught as scum, of course I’m going to lean the opposite because I can’t find anything scum about him in this game, so what’s your point?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am
'His posts stuck out...' - yeah, for you reading in retrospect, sure. If they were that obvious, why didn't he get lynched right away?

And also, context is necessary. Inception was a game Mac had invited a lot of his new Champs friends to, and he presumably had more time to play. I'm not at all surprised he's playing differently here regardless of alignment.

How is this even relevant for anything? I didn't even play Inception, what matters how other people in the game perceived him compared to how I perceived him from an objective stance? what?

Also, you hinting towards activity levels changing a person's playstyle to be either more scummy or townie is a horrible point. Also also, if it's "presumably", then "context is necessary" isn't necessary.

It's about people's posts not how much they post, who even mentioned I was scum leaning him based on his activity?

You moved the goalposts from me saying "his posts were clearly making him scum" to "well because he was active you scum read him" which i've never even hinted towards

~strawman snip~
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 pm g-man and radishes are partners.
Oh boy do I love this read

One portion of this speaks loudly to me. I highlighted it in pink -- not that precise sentence, but the entire exchange contained within that post. There's a gotcha personality in Radish's accusation of ted that I think looks real -- or at least real enough to justify saying it amid all the pressure he was under. If so, they can't be teammates.

Compatibility: Low
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh yeah, welcome again, [mention]nutella[/mention] !
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:02 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm Excuse me compare that to what I said about him D1 and tell me it’s not the exact same mindset
I completely ignored everything from your other body. If you feel something is relevant, bring it out and talk about it.
I mean it seems relevant to compare my D1 approach to radishes to my D2 approach, given that you’re looking for a partner and I’m confirmed not D1 partners. But hey, what be I know.
You can be sarcastic or you can answer my call to bring it out and talk about it.
I wasn’t being (very) sarcastic, I’m just not doing your work for you. Don’t be lazy about it if you’re gonna shade me.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Michelle »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:26 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 am How convinced is everyone that Nanook came back in green slot?
I'm letting this sit in the back of my mind. I do feel Nook's playing a bit differently, but there could be a few reasons for that. Also, despite this being my third game with him, we've not played more than, I think, 3 or 4 rounds together due to our various demises.
Subtile shade for Nanook coming from one of the scum teams looks like they were not buddies. Or being wagoned Radishes threw this post for distancing?

I saw JJJ noticed I wasn't present. Sunday and a busy monday were the reason tbh

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:25 pm I wasn’t being (very) sarcastic, I’m just not doing your work for you. Don’t be lazy about it if you’re gonna shade me.
This guy is calling me lazy right now

This guy
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm

But, I'm not a huge fan of the Mac switch. Though I do feel like if they were teammates she'd not be so obvious about new opinion.

@nutella For Nutella 1.0 who were you thinking was your mafia targets? I'm assuming you were forming some thoughts there.
I don't understand the question please rephrase
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

If chuck is a teammate he open wolfed his Mac vote in a way a lot of mafia players aren’t comfortable doing.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:25 pm I wasn’t being (very) sarcastic, I’m just not doing your work for you. Don’t be lazy about it if you’re gonna shade me.

This guy
Your work on me was lazy idk what to tell you 🤷‍♀️
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:08 pm Not only did sloonei engage with that pointless post, but as tony pointed out he did so in a pointlessly hedgey way.
Never one to miss insulting me multiple times per game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

For the poll, i think Superman is cool ^^

[VOTE: Superman] aubergine

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm

This guy
It was a conscious choice. Before I even started reviewing anything you said, I looked for the moment where your second body took over your posts -- when your role card changed. I will scan it later and see if I care.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, question for everyone: What should be the game plan going forward? Should we try to lynch Radish team and follow those leads? Or should we try to find and expose the other team? Or should be do both/come what may?

I have some thoughts, but I think it's an interesting question.

We've had two GOAT lynches, and the game is still over 36 % scum. That is hilarious and sad. This is what I mean when I say big multiball games should have a multilynch option.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok. I'll eat and may or may not be back before day starts to catch up. Will probably slap Jack a bit too, just for good measure.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm

@nutella For Nutella 1.0 who were you thinking was your mafia targets? I'm assuming you were forming some thoughts there.
"Prometheus - You can target two players each night. Your main goal is to target each of these roles: Bill Rawls, Serena van der Woodsen, Seamus Fitzroy, Architect, and Lassie. You may choose any of the found roles to die in your place. *secrets*"

Two of the player who your goal was to find are mafia members. So I was just wondering if you had any inclination of who you might have wanted to target if you had the chance.

If that makes sense? Since, at least when I'm third party, I generally focus on whatever goal I have.

Linki: I think we should pursue obvious links to Radish, but be spending most of the next phase trying to hunt the other team and preferably have one of them as a counterwagon. Usually if you eliminate one team the other doesn't inherit the kill so as long as we don't ignore them I'd say full steam on Radish peeps.
ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:28 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm

This guy
It was a conscious choice. Before I even started reviewing anything you said, I looked for the moment where your second body took over your posts -- when your role card changed. I will scan it later and see if I care.
It was a conscious choice to ignore meaningful context for my handling of radishes. Got it.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:29 pm Also, question for everyone: What should be the game plan going forward? Should we try to lynch Radish team and follow those leads? Or should we try to find and expose the other team? Or should be do both/come what may?

We've had two GOAT lynches, and the game is still over 36 % scum. That is hilarious and sad. This is what I mean when I say big multiball games should have a multilynch option.
I think we should active searching independently scum reads, while thinking at the possible connectiom with Radishes

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:31 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:28 pm Would lynch based on Radishes flip: sabie, Jack

Would not lynch based on Radishes flip: Sloonei, Jay, Mac

I’m leery of Dom. A lot of his posts seem to be making points/arguments that expose someone’s bad logic but are not actual scumhunting. This in tandem with his tendency to just say “you’re scum” to people, in place of a crafted argument, gives me heeby jeebies. It is entirely possible I’m projecting because I butted heads with him so I’d like others to check him out.
BTW I fully expect Dom to say that he hasn’t said the words “you’re scum” in this game or whatever but I think you know what I mean.
Colin hasn't read my posts about Turnip Head, himself, or Mac. It's easier to lie about them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:29 pm Also, question for everyone: What should be the game plan going forward? Should we try to lynch Radish team and follow those leads? Or should we try to find and expose the other team? Or should be do both/come what may?

Radishes team first, then we worry about Mac’s team ;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm It was a conscious choice to ignore meaningful context for my handling of radishes. Got it.
What you're griping about didn't even occur to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 am Confession: didn’t know that turnip head and master radishes were different. Their fault for having similar vegetables in their name.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:17 pm Dizzy is town, Colin is ehh.
I knew you would come to love me. Are you town though? Cause I want like a read list or something from you. Or at least your top suspects or something. Basically just want to know more where you're at and not so in the background.
Town:

Dizzy
Epi?
G-Man
Jack?
SVS
sig
Ted
Me

Ehh:
Colin
Dom
Drago
Mac
Radish
Michelle
A book
Sloonei
Sprit
Tranq

Baddish:
Jay
Juliets
Sabie
Speed
Turnip
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:34 pm I’ll vote Radishes over Mac. I think a Mac lynch is wildly random, he’s at least hunting. In multiball or whatever that might be less effective, but I think his insight has been good.

There's little to talk about. The most important moment is the vote, which came 6 minutes prior to the deadline (for Radish). That's nice in a vacuum, and he hadn't really defended Mac prior so it wasn't as though his hand was forced. I'm not awarding massive credit for the small body of work, but gun to head, they're not teamed.

Compatibility: Minor

~~~

Tranq

Tranq wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:42 pm sprityo: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p587352 and http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p587353 - looks like a genuine happy reaction to Nanook's successful role usage of not hitting a town. Leaning good on sprityo.
Master Radishes: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p587452 - very helpful interpretation. His posts seem a bit like what i like to do: ignore all Day 1 nonsense, and look at the votes. I'm not voting for this guy.
Turnip Head: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 61#p587461 - I don't like his posts on MR. TH posts things like "Scum tbqh" and "More like Master Badishes amirite", but he doesn't go into specifics. In the post i linked to, he ignores everything mentioned in the analysis MR made just a couple of posts above his (in which MR tries to find scum in the nutella voters, of which TH is one), and instead throws the attention back at him. This feels like TH is only adding fuel to the MR suspicion without really committing to it. Leaning bad on TH.

:shrug2:

There's one post and it's pro-Radish. k

~~~

Turnip Head

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 am Actually, all your words are washing over me. I'm taking nothing in.

One time on my home forum I spent the entire first round just gif-posting a handful of times and not engaging in the game at all because I was busy. I got myself mislynched D1. But before I went, I made a final serious post in which I named the entire scum team.

Sometimes looking at something from the corner of your eye allows you to see more. /deep thoughts
Scum tbqh
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 am Actually, all your words are washing over me. I'm taking nothing in.

One time on my home forum I spent the entire first round just gif-posting a handful of times and not engaging in the game at all because I was busy. I got myself mislynched D1. But before I went, I made a final serious post in which I named the entire scum team.

Sometimes looking at something from the corner of your eye allows you to see more. /deep thoughts
Scum tbqh
I have a read on this post, TH. I would like to expand. But can you first tell me whether or not you were serious? Unclear
quite
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 am I for one hate looking terrible but I'd rather lynch radish
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:14 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:49 pm Yeah, I was just here to post gifs.
I'm with Radish that Nut wagon probably has scum. I mean, scum is like half the game anyway. Lol this game. But also, he should also consider that the same would apply to him if he is ALLEGEDLY town. Yeah, I saw him mentioned this in a later post.
QFT

(I didn't see him mention it in a later post, I'ma go take a look at that)
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
:huh: maybe you can dig in memories?
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
I certainly don't have a mindmeld with Radishes this game
Possible teammate distancing?
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am I am here, will catch up and post thoughts later today.
Uh, “champion”!
Going at Iso links and choosing the first.
Strange how he looks non interested in this game :shrug:
More possible distancing?
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:12 pm My blacklist in order of lynching priority:

Michelle
Colin
Master Radishes
Sprityo
Sloonei
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:06 pm Well I'm still down for a Radishes lynch as well
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 pm Because what I see is someone trying to affect the ‘quiet but paying attention’ card
yes
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 pmand refusing to give much away to avoid getting involved in discussions.
no
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:38 pm [VOTE: MR] aubergine

TH was not in favor of his root vegetable counterpart at any juncture. The one motion I see in Radish's favor was their D1 vote for nutella (they voted Radish D2). That isn't nothing. I don't get the impression TH is the sort to take on such a token approach as "distance hard from my teammate all day, starting at the word go". That's kinda boring. I won't exonerate them; I doubt they're a teammate.

Compatibility: Minor

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think I'm going to get to Sloonei or Mac. Take a gut read:

not teammates of Radish

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:33 pm

"Prometheus - You can target two players each night. Your main goal is to target each of these roles: Bill Rawls, Serena van der Woodsen, Seamus Fitzroy, Architect, and Lassie. You may choose any of the found roles to die in your place. *secrets*"

Two of the player who your goal was to find are mafia members. So I was just wondering if you had any inclination of who you might have wanted to target if you had the chance.

If that makes sense? Since, at least when I'm third party, I generally focus on whatever goal I have.
Linki: I think we should pursue obvious links to Radish, but be spending most of the next phase trying to hunt the other team and preferably have one of them as a counterwagon. Usually if you eliminate one team the other doesn't inherit the kill so as long as we don't ignore them I'd say full steam on Radish peeps.
I didn't think at this, looks like a better plan.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I think we should use all the evidence we have to lynch the person most likely to be bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm Excuse me compare that to what I said about him D1 and tell me it’s not the exact same mindset
Nanook 1 was ambivalent about Radish.

Not defending Radish, just calling slip accusation stupid
Not TRing Radish, slip accusation was poor play
Is Radish case more than a lack of impression?
Understand nutella case more than Radishes case
Seen Radish not do enough as town/indy before
Radish reasoning is meh, maybe baddie idk, meh D1 not AI

Nanook 2 was more concretely "Radish is a good lynch, but we should lynch the other person". The mindsets are not identical.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm Radishes is a great TK if he’s scum, it blows the game pretty open.

If he’s town it kinda fucks us tho.

I’m not convinced enough to fight either way tbh 🤷‍♀️
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:45 am The other thing that makes me feel OK about a mac TK is that we have actual battle lines over it, people are invested on both sides, as opposed to radishes where we have a few people invested in killing him and everyone else seemingly kind of shrugging and going “eh, idk, maybe?”

And I tend to think that in a game like this a polarized TK is more likely to lead to scum than one where the strongest defense against it amounts to a half hearted “idk he’s kinda null.”
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:39 pm I don’t even think radishes is a bad kill, I just don’t understand why we aren’t killing mac tbh

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Had something changed? In the past the kill WAS inherited. Is that no longer the norm?

Linki @ jay, that could be because Nanook 1 thought the baddie slip business was lame, and that colored his thoughts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:02 pm Linki @ jay, that could be because Nanook 1 thought the baddie slip business was lame, and that colored his thoughts.
Could be. Nanook 1 was innocent regardless. I'm only concerned with Nanook 2's role card.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh, that. No it was only day 1 so I hadn't even thought about who might be in the roles i was to search for. No idea lol.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Compatibility with Master Radishes:

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
MacDougall*
S~V~S
Sloonei*
tedxtr

juliets
Michelle
TonyStarkPrime
Turnip Head

Dragomir / nutella 2.0

ColinIsCool
Dom
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook 2.0
sig
speedchuck
sprityo
Tranq

G-Man
sabie12

*didn't get around to a review, so dig for yourselves before making assumptions

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I do agree with the general sentiment that with two teams, we must remain cognizant that compatibility analysis has limitations here. Nothing I've reviewed today precludes anyone from being on the other team. For that reason, judgments at face value and intuitions are still premium. Try to avoid falling into too much bias. I may not be able to do much else before night ends.

Gotta write my thesis. They will name me the Master of Science.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Nanook 2 was more concretely "Radish is a good lynch, but we should lynch the other person". The mindsets are not identical.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm Radishes is a great TK if he’s scum, it blows the game pretty open.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:45 am The other thing that makes me feel OK about a mac TK is that we have actual battle lines over it, people are invested on both sides, as opposed to radishes where we have a few people invested in killing him and everyone else seemingly kind of shrugging and going “eh, idk, maybe?”

And I tend to think that in a game like this a polarized TK is more likely to lead to scum than one where the strongest defense against it amounts to a half hearted “idk he’s kinda null.”
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:39 pm I don’t even think radishes is a bad kill, I just don’t understand why we aren’t killing mac tbh
Mmm this is actually nagl for nanook ii.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I want more thoughts from Epignosis. I don't recall him having any stances on anyone besides jay, and I don't even really believe that one is real. He has been very detached from the topics the rest of the thread is talking about.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Radish is a good TK if he’s mafia is a more accurate representation. You know, like I literally said in one of the posts you quoted.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm Radish is a good TK if he’s mafia is a more accurate representation. You know, like I literally said in one of the posts you quoted.
okay karen

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

what an unfortunate quote error

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tbh only one scum team exists today as far as I’m concerned 🤷‍♀️
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway, that quibble has little to do with what I said.

That post sucks.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

No your post sucks, and I contend your entire line of inquiry is flawed at best and cold trash at worst.

The quibble has everything to do with the supposed main point of your posts—you claim my mindset re: Radishes was markedly and dramatically different enough D2 to be suspicious, and yet the posts you quote don’t support that, they show an ambivalent approach that says “I don’t have a good read so I’m not gonna fight but this is only a good kill if he’s mafia.” Which is different than saying “this is a good kill, full stop.”
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 pm The quibble has everything to do with the supposed main point of your posts—you claim my mindset re: Radishes was markedly and dramatically different enough D2 to be suspicious, and yet the posts you quote don’t support that, they show an ambivalent approach that says “I don’t have a good read so I’m not gonna fight but this is only a good kill if he’s mafia.” Which is different than saying “this is a good kill, full stop.”
These premises are shit.

1.) Your mindset could be 100% identical between Days 1 and 2, and that would still not preclude you from Radish compatibility.

2.) Your mindsets were not identical, and that is what I said. And they aren't. You've added the rest there with your ridiculous adverbs. I said you're a possible teammate of Radish and I hold to that. There is nothing in your posts that indicates you are not. If you feel otherwise, then by all means show me the goods.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

So I haven’t fully read/reread D2 but I did read Jay’s interactives and I generally agree with his conclusions.

I know I’m town and I don’t want to lynch Dom or Sprityo anyway. I think he maybe gives Juliets too much credit and Speed not enough. Neither should be lynched before Sabie or GMan anyhow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pmI know I’m town and I don’t want to lynch Dom or Sprityo anyway. I think he maybe gives Juliets too much credit and Speed not enough. Neither should be lynched before Sabie or GMan anyhow.
Tell me more

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:18 am I wish I'd asked him to explain why those names in particular stood out to him.
You still can. :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

In conclusion,

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nook's contrarian style is getting real old.

Nook. Soften up. Come bake cookies with me. We'll catch more scum with cookies, trust and believe.

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:17 pm Nook's contrarian style is getting real old.

Nook. Soften up. Come bake cookies with me. We'll catch more scum with cookies, trust and believe.
I mean that’s just how I am, so. 🤷‍♀️
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:20 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:17 pm Nook's contrarian style is getting real old.

I mean that’s just how I am, so. 🤷‍♀️
But cookies =(

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”