Speedchuck
9%
Turnip Head
9%

Total votes: 11
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:42 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 pm Does anyone else think it's weird that we have ~40 hours left and I'm already at L-3?
No. What's weird about it?
I think it's likely that at least one of my voters is scum. Probably precisely one since it would be risky for mafia to gang up on someone this early
Why? Which one?
It's still pretty early in the game when many users are throwing around suspicions. But a wagon of four people, rather close to the number needed to hammer, is not a thrown suspicion. It's a clear choice. Especially jarring when no other wagon has reached three yet.

One of the users on my wagon is ted, who I have found suspicious for other reasons. But I think the person whose vote on me looks the worst is Mac. First of all is how subtly he voted - he didn't even post that he voted for me until much later, despite being the third vote on me - the point where it becomes a viable wagon. Secondly, when he finally posted a reason for the vote, he just phrased it as following ted and not mentioning anything about me. Overall, a very sneaky vote that was barely noticed, and the results of which are clear.
So you think there are 2 scum and not one.

And you just described a town vote 9/10 times, I don't believe that you actually think Mac is wolf based on how bad his vote looks on you. That's mostly town.

You lumped me with mac because the higher the number of suspicions, the better it looks for you. What do you have on me, I barely remember you saying anything about me?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (setting up)

Post by tedxtr »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:19 am
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:19 pm All Role PMs have been sent! It is now D1, which will end at a majority vote or by April 2, 7pm EDT.
For somebody opposed to mechanics discussions, you're quick to point out mechanics to people like me.
This is a horrible post for Epi.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:57 am leetic "justifying suspicion rather than developing reads"
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
I would like to know from you. Are you worried about me pocketing you?
Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 am Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
That's cool. Are you in particular worried about me pocketing you? Just answer the question. It's not like it could hurt you to answer, right?
No, and any player who knows me will tell you that I'm not particularly easy to pocket. But why even ask me in the first place, this seems like a weird question to ask to someone who asked a question to you
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:18 am I think I'm fine making a town core of Sloonei and Mikey for now. Perhaps my more confident town reads / the only ones I feel like I have some reason for.

By the way, full disclosure, I will be aiming for accuracy over stating reads for the sake of being town read for them, which, surprisingly, is what I was usually doing.
I don't know why you want to make a towncore this early in the game. Even ignoring that it's still too early to say for sure whether they're both town, at this point in the game everyone should be participating.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 am The activity comment felt out of place, it's perfectly reasonable to ask about the absence of 2 players when it could be an issue that may cause a re-rand, it wouldn't be an issue if, on the other hand, he knew what was going on or his scum buddy wasn't missing. Although that's reaching a bit. Or maybe not. After all, in what world would a scum care if two townies weren't put in the main thread. Kudos to the mod!
I don't really like this post or the post succeeding it. It seems to make the assumption that the two missing players are town, without even considering the possibility that either might not be. I mean, if you operate under the opposite assumption, then you can make the opposite point just as easily ("Scum would be much more concerned about the missing players because their scumbuddy might be missing!"). Overall, it's grasping at straws for a reason to suspect.
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:13 pm Has anyone actually tried to defend LC? I'm a bit wary of the growing LC wagon at the moment as D1 wagons with little resistance rarely land on scum.
I didn't even notice that he had votes. Why are you worried about the growth of his wagon? Do you have any particular thoughts on Drago or speedchuck regarding their votes?
Speedchuck joining the wagon seems a bit opportunistic, he had one post that was sort of shading LC but wasn't too enthusiastic (that was a followup from a question by Drago) and then just voted. Judging by the response to your and Dragomir's posts about LC, no one is really defending them, which makes it seem an opportunistic wagon to join on.
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:36 am @ts account never voted Sloonei through all of this.

Why not?
I do think this is an interesting point, though. Considering that there were already two votes on Sloonei at the time, he may have not wanted to appear too opportunistic. His constant tunneling that day was a waste of time especially for someone who wanted more interaction.
I'll stop there.
Unrelated thought: This list of reads feels arbitrary, and a couple of the reads fit the mold of this post's main premise.
I can see a lot of my civ play in what you're scumreading Leetic for.
What were you scum reading leetic for again? [mention]MacDougall[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 pm [VOTE: tsaccount] aubergine
My concerns about ts have not been addressed, but I am now having a harder time reading his utter frustration with me as anything but genuine.
My vote stands. Convince me otherwise.
Why does your vote stand where it stands? Is this a social distancing thing?
If Sloonei ever flips wolf treat this as spew on Epi
This post pings me, because I think there have been many associatives that could have been formed from other posts, yet this is the one you point out. Why?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

It's going from the premise Epignosis is town.

"is this a social distancing thing" is playful banter, it's not like he wants Epi to move his vote, it almost feels manipulative to the point of "I guess if I make a joke about his vote being insane, he'll double down on it"

Plus, the sorting question followed by the banter question kind of nullifies the interrogative question you know. It's not how a wolf treats his partner, I think I have some insight into Sloonei's antispew and he'd want to at least entertain the interrogatory process for a bit, follow through with more questions, whereas this is like...Defeating the purpose from the start. It's not done to actually figure out his reasoning or anything.

I don't know that's all you get, my mind is a beautiful messy place.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Leetic, your scum lean is voting with you, how does that make you feel?
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:31 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 amTED TALK
is this the vote
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 am wow that's actually the vote
this made me lol
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:27 am My vote is still on Epi.
You should do something about that.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 am Reminder for self im on page 9 i got some math to do

I did see that epi placed a vote on me, I’m absolutely going to obliterate him at all costs
But fuck semicolons, right?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:46 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:31 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 amTED TALK
is this the vote
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 am wow that's actually the vote
this made me lol
What's your take on ted?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:01 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 am Reminder for self im on page 9 i got some math to do

I did see that epi placed a vote on me, I’m absolutely going to obliterate him at all costs
But fuck semicolons, right?
What dose r i am kindergarten
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (setting up)

Post by speedchuck »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:51 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:19 am
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:19 pm All Role PMs have been sent! It is now D1, which will end at a majority vote or by April 2, 7pm EDT.
For somebody opposed to mechanics discussions, you're quick to point out mechanics to people like me.
This is a horrible post for Epi.
You're the second person to say this and I don't know whether either of you are serious.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am Started getting some analysis done from many pages ago... but it's 4:19 am here, so I decided to Save Draft rather than post a partial. I know I haven't been prolific yet, but I'm going to try and fix that and sort some things out. Good night.
I love partials. Gimme gimme.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am Leetic feels cornered
What's the point you're making? He's civilian because he's being pushed into a wall or is he scum because he reacts poorly?
Which one do you think I meant? If you had to guess :keys:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi is bringing an unnecessarily hostile tone to an otherwise reasonable thread, idk what that means really just an observation
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am Started getting some analysis done from many pages ago... but it's 4:19 am here, so I decided to Save Draft rather than post a partial. I know I haven't been prolific yet, but I'm going to try and fix that and sort some things out. Good night.
No, I just sat back down and I'm going to continue.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am Epi is bringing an unnecessarily hostile tone to an otherwise reasonable thread, idk what that means really just an observation
I hope it doesn't mean he's a jerk. :nicenod:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am Leetic feels cornered
What's the point you're making? He's civilian because he's being pushed into a wall or is he scum because he reacts poorly?
Which one do you think I meant? If you had to guess :keys:
I don't get the point of this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well he kind of is, but usually he's a lovable jerk. I'm not feelin it so far. He's trying so hard to be a jerk lol
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
:suspish:
If it's really long I'm gonna skim it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

For april fool's day, I made my mother a plate of scrambled eggs and toast.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:39 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
:suspish:
If it's really long I'm gonna skim it.
:ponder: Ok, you're right. It's an in-depth, post-by-post leetic look. I'll do partials.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, leetic... I'll do this like counting cards in Blackjack. Start at 0, +value for towny, -value for wolfy.

First post (beyond guitar vid) is criticising the level of Day 1 activity in the thread. A valid criticism, we were 7 hours into Day 1, and not one player had tried to get serious. I liked this opener. +2 (2)

Second post votes Sloonei for having three posts, 100% dedicated to setup speculation. 4 hours AFTER telling the thread to get going, with still no serious responses. I liked this as well, which is why I decided to double down the vote. +2 (4)

Third post is a little sketchy. It's nice to see the genesis of the Mikey-Sloonei thing, but leetic's calling Mikey's post "weird" doesn't check out, because Mikey isn't "calling out Sloonei for setup speculation", he's criticising Sloonei's speculation with a hypothetcal designed to reveal the pointlessness of Sloonei's discussion. -1 (3)

Post 4:
Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
I quoted this one because Mikey's post is something I don't really understand. I don't see how that is, in any way, a response to leetic's question. It's a really weird response.

THEN leetic responds to Mikey... but in third person, like he's presenting Mikey's post to everyone else rather than responding to it. Also just weird, I don't really like that he specifically disengaged from the conversation, but it makes them look less than teammate-compatible, so there's that. Vote switch does please me, and makes sense, if Mikey's departure from previous town behaviour is accurate, it's a better reason to vote than Sloonei's speculation. +0 (3)... -1 for ts account.

Post 5 continues the meatiness that I am so far liking in leetic's posts. The "pocketing" discussion so far is just randomly generated by Mikey, and leetic's response to his pressing on the subject is the right response to the odd curveball.

Suspicion of tedxtr's early towncore feels good.

Radishes calls leetic out on the casual (too casual?) talk, leetic gives a reasonable response. Maybe Radishes is right, I wouldn't have noticed such a thing if he hadn't pointed it out. Slight minus on this post's score, a la Radish.

The tedxtr interactions, I don't agree with tedxtr's criticism of leetic's... whole game so far, I guess. +1 (4)

Post 6 leetic gives a list of reads with some explanation. Looks like genuine solving. +1 (5)

Post 7 Dragomir responded negatively to leetic's assessment that he was just sheeping Sloonei with no original thoughts. Dragomir's reaction to the accusation was mild defensive hostility, which is a -1 for him, and leetic's reply was a reasonable explanation and a prod toward fixing the apparent problem. Dragomir would have looked better if he had given original thoughts instead of just bristling at leetic's observation. +1 again for leetic (6)

Post 8 Dragomir doubles down on the idea that leetic is prodding him to "create random thoughts out of thin air so [he] could be original". :ponder: Like, where do thoughts come from usually? Amazon? You have to, like, think about things to get thoughts. leetic shames Dragomir and casts a vote that I judge to be valid. +1 (7) Is leetic still in the lead for votes? He looks really town so far, where are the suspicions coming from?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am Epi is bringing an unnecessarily hostile tone to an otherwise reasonable thread, idk what that means really just an observation
[citation needed]
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Master Radishes »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am Well he kind of is, but usually he's a lovable jerk. I'm not feelin it so far. He's trying so hard to be a jerk lol
I want to say I like this take, but I don't want Epi to be a jerk to me.
Master Radishes
Hitman

[mention]Funnygurl555[/mention] I know it's D1 and all, but when do you normally start, um, giving reads and such? I feel like your post count to actual content ratio is low...or high...or whatever the bad one is.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:42 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 pm Does anyone else think it's weird that we have ~40 hours left and I'm already at L-3?
No. What's weird about it?
I think it's likely that at least one of my voters is scum. Probably precisely one since it would be risky for mafia to gang up on someone this early
Why? Which one?
It's still pretty early in the game when many users are throwing around suspicions. But a wagon of four people, rather close to the number needed to hammer, is not a thrown suspicion. It's a clear choice. Especially jarring when no other wagon has reached three yet.

One of the users on my wagon is ted, who I have found suspicious for other reasons. But I think the person whose vote on me looks the worst is Mac. First of all is how subtly he voted - he didn't even post that he voted for me until much later, despite being the third vote on me - the point where it becomes a viable wagon. Secondly, when he finally posted a reason for the vote, he just phrased it as following ted and not mentioning anything about me. Overall, a very sneaky vote that was barely noticed, and the results of which are clear.
So you think there are 2 scum and not one.

And you just described a town vote 9/10 times, I don't believe that you actually think Mac is wolf based on how bad his vote looks on you. That's mostly town.

You lumped me with mac because the higher the number of suspicions, the better it looks for you. What do you have on me, I barely remember you saying anything about me?
I didn't even say Mac was a wolf, I just said he has the worst looking vote on me. Nor did I say that there were two wolves - this is just a strawman of my point. Just because there are multiple potential options for scum doesn't mean they're all scum. For posts where I have suspected you, we have 197, 201, 267, to name a few - I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't remember our clash at 267.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 am I'm in mild agreement with suspicions about leetic, but his list of voters is uninspiring.
Can you elaborate? This feels like the most wishywashy read you've posted all game
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I actually don’t, why is that hard to believe?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I guess that’s how untown you’ve been, left no impression on me other than “yeah that can be a wolf”

And i remember a lot of things generally
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic cont'd...

Post 9, follow-up thoughts on Dragomir's bristly rebuke of leetic's suggestion that he could share some original thoughts. 0 (7)

Post 10 leetic challenges the "growing LC wagon" because no one was defending me. If leetic were bad, then he should have no problem at all with a growing town lynch. This looks very good, and I'm fine with the TMI bias I'm obviously showing. :haha: +2 (9)

Post 11 I don't really understand what tedxtr is saying here, I don't know the term "town blocking". leetic's response I don't get either... where is the monopolization of discussion happening? 0 (9)

Post 12 to clarify to Sloonei the Post 10 position on the LC votes. Casts some suspicion on speedchuck, but I don't really like the word "opportunistic" all that much. It's a big word that's pretty easy to throw around to put suspicion on people, and it's one I've used as a wolf in fake cases before. leetic says it twice here. -1 (8)

Post 13 again with the "opportunistic", and there's an "interesting" in there to boot. Dislike. -1 (7)

Post 14 is meh. Not too solvey, definition discussion and slight prod. 0 (7)

Post 15 was directed at me, asking my opinions on Mikey-Sloonei. Pretty basic. 0 (7)

Post 16 Drago and leetic snapping at each other a little, and it looks genuine to me, in that I don't think they are w/w. Drago's criticism is valid; two votes doesn't really make for wariness of a growing wagon. The "taken out of context" thing is weak. -1 (6)

Still well in the positives, a town lean at this point on leetic.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:23 pm I actually don’t, why is that hard to believe?
I mean, it happened only yesterday, plus you actually responded to me. Seems convenient that you would forget it when it helps your agenda to do so.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 am So, leetic... I'll do this like counting cards in Blackjack. Start at 0, +value for towny, -value for wolfy.

First post (beyond guitar vid) is criticising the level of Day 1 activity in the thread. A valid criticism, we were 7 hours into Day 1, and not one player had tried to get serious. I liked this opener. +2 (2)

Second post votes Sloonei for having three posts, 100% dedicated to setup speculation. 4 hours AFTER telling the thread to get going, with still no serious responses. I liked this as well, which is why I decided to double down the vote. +2 (4)

Third post is a little sketchy. It's nice to see the genesis of the Mikey-Sloonei thing, but leetic's calling Mikey's post "weird" doesn't check out, because Mikey isn't "calling out Sloonei for setup speculation", he's criticising Sloonei's speculation with a hypothetcal designed to reveal the pointlessness of Sloonei's discussion. -1 (3)

Post 4:

Care to explain?
I quoted this one because Mikey's post is something I don't really understand. I don't see how that is, in any way, a response to leetic's question. It's a really weird response.

THEN leetic responds to Mikey... but in third person, like he's presenting Mikey's post to everyone else rather than responding to it. Also just weird, I don't really like that he specifically disengaged from the conversation, but it makes them look less than teammate-compatible, so there's that. Vote switch does please me, and makes sense, if Mikey's departure from previous town behaviour is accurate, it's a better reason to vote than Sloonei's speculation. +0 (3)... -1 for ts account.

Post 5 continues the meatiness that I am so far liking in leetic's posts. The "pocketing" discussion so far is just randomly generated by Mikey, and leetic's response to his pressing on the subject is the right response to the odd curveball.

Suspicion of tedxtr's early towncore feels good.

Radishes calls leetic out on the casual (too casual?) talk, leetic gives a reasonable response. Maybe Radishes is right, I wouldn't have noticed such a thing if he hadn't pointed it out. Slight minus on this post's score, a la Radish.

The tedxtr interactions, I don't agree with tedxtr's criticism of leetic's... whole game so far, I guess. +1 (4)

Post 6 leetic gives a list of reads with some explanation. Looks like genuine solving. +1 (5)

Post 7 Dragomir responded negatively to leetic's assessment that he was just sheeping Sloonei with no original thoughts. Dragomir's reaction to the accusation was mild defensive hostility, which is a -1 for him, and leetic's reply was a reasonable explanation and a prod toward fixing the apparent problem. Dragomir would have looked better if he had given original thoughts instead of just bristling at leetic's observation. +1 again for leetic (6)

Post 8 Dragomir doubles down on the idea that leetic is prodding him to "create random thoughts out of thin air so [he] could be original". :ponder: Like, where do thoughts come from usually? Amazon? You have to, like, think about things to get thoughts. leetic shames Dragomir and casts a vote that I judge to be valid. +1 (7) Is leetic still in the lead for votes? He looks really town so far, where are the suspicions coming from?
I think you're being a bit generous in giving out your +s. E.g. his opener was okay, but +2? That's an opening post a wolf could definitely make. And with the last couple posts, I actually felt leetic's insistence that Drago come up with reads on me/Ted was a bit contrived - Drago had explained he wasn't going to and didn't need to, and leetic tried to make it sound like that was unthinkable, which I don't think it is.

But overall, I agree that leetic's play has been fine on reflection. I wouldn't place him out of the PoE by any means, but other than a couple of circumstantial details (casual tone, pressing of Drago over something inconsequential) I don't see any red flags.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 pm Funnygurl555 I know it's D1 and all, but when do you normally start, um, giving reads and such? I feel like your post count to actual content ratio is low...or high...or whatever the bad one is.
typically it never really gets better 'cause i'm a jokester, though once i get a wolf read i start pushing a bit (though my pushes are weak and i seldom explain my reads). even by ffr's standards i'm a pretty lazy player, and playing in this forum makes that more apparent. for what it's worth, this place looks like a great place to play mafia. y'all are pretty aggro and on your shit-- nice to see.

also for what it's worth my play is not representative of ffr's. we got a cool group like our man sunfan and manti who disappeared idk

i have a laudable wolf game 'cause i'm good at just existing

would y'all like me to temporarily CHANGE for the SAKE OF THE GAME i can i guess
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:23 pm I actually don’t, why is that hard to believe?
I mean, it happened only yesterday, plus you actually responded to me. Seems convenient that you would forget it when it helps your agenda to do so.
Yes, because letting myself get picked on by you on purpose helps my agenda by a huge ton.

When if I were scum, I could just go back over and read it.

I’m literally laying out baits and you’re taking each one of them.

Make me look townier please :P
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 am I'm in mild agreement with suspicions about leetic, but his list of voters is uninspiring.
Can you elaborate? This feels like the most wishywashy read you've posted all game
I can make far wishierwashier posts, don't you worry.

To elaborate: I was trying to say that, sure, I don't particularly townread you myself, but the people currently voting for you are players I'm equally iffy on (TSP has done nothing, Ted I've made my thoughts clear on, Funnygurl has posted a lot but hasn't said very much). Do I really want to follow the lead of three players I'm null, at best, about?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 pm Funnygurl555 I know it's D1 and all, but when do you normally start, um, giving reads and such? I feel like your post count to actual content ratio is low...or high...or whatever the bad one is.
typically it never really gets better 'cause i'm a jokester, though once i get a wolf read i start pushing a bit (though my pushes are weak and i seldom explain my reads). even by ffr's standards i'm a pretty lazy player, and playing in this forum makes that more apparent. for what it's worth, this place looks like a great place to play mafia. y'all are pretty aggro and on your shit-- nice to see.

also for what it's worth my play is not representative of ffr's. we got a cool group like our man sunfan and manti who disappeared idk

would y'all like me to temporarily CHANGE for the SAKE OF THE GAME i can i guess
Not asking you to change. You do you. My comment was only intended to be 50% snide - it was also 50% genuine. Different playstyles and all that.

If anything, it's the complete lack of capitalisation that gets me. I never was a fan of e.e. cummings anyway.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MR is your case on me the same as it was on page 2?
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pm
Yes, because letting myself get picked on by you on purpose helps my agenda by a huge ton.

When if I were scum, I could just go back over and read it.

I’m literally laying out baits and you’re taking each one of them.

Make me look townier please :P
This feels like backtracking. Not the first time you've done so either
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am Was to shoot shit around, I wanted to bait a reaction or something
And then, there was your flip on Mikey:
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am If ts account is [NSM] Mikey I don't remember him being this jumpy actually.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:08 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am I kind of want the Sloonei and ts shit to stop, there's already information to infer stuff from and quite frankly I think they're both town.
Why do you want it to stop? I don't see the point in stopping a meaningful discussion between the two.
Because I town read them both?
It doesn't feel like you're committed to anything that you're saying, making your reads look fake to me.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

1) Mac read is not back tracking, it was an actual reaction test

2) What bigger commitment out of “ts is town” can you even get?

Feels like you’re in my ISO looking for things that look bad without actually looking for context.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:37 pm MR is your case on me the same as it was on page 2?
I don't remember.

^^I think you called this bait.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Not asking you to change. You do you. My comment was only intended to be 50% snide - it was also 50% genuine. Different playstyles and all that.

If anything, it's the complete lack of capitalisation that gets me. I never was a fan of e.e. cummings anyway.
oh yeah no cap's been a thing i did for years haha

i am now a ROOT VEGETABLE
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Had a sudden epiphany? you were voting speed for memes instead of my “backtracks” for christ’s sake

You town read me.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:37 pm

oh yeah no cap's been a thing i did for years haha

i am now a ROOT VEGETABLE
Well between me, Turnip Head, and the potatoes we have in this game, you're in good company.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pmI think you're being a bit generous in giving out your +s. E.g. his opener was okay, but +2? That's an opening post a wolf could definitely make. And with the last couple posts, I actually felt leetic's insistence that Drago come up with reads on me/Ted was a bit contrived - Drago had explained he wasn't going to and didn't need to, and leetic tried to make it sound like that was unthinkable, which I don't think it is.
I did start this while drinking last night. :beer: Maybe I was overly generous with the +2's, but I still would give +1's for them... or maybe a +1, then a +2 for the second post because a wolf could be satisfied with the optics of the first post, but a civilian who believes in what they're doing pushes more with a second.

I didn't read the Drago thing that way at all. "Drago had explained he wasn't going to and didn't need to"... that sounds really reasonable, more reasonable than "what, you want random thoughts out of thin air??" deserves. And I disagree that leetic implied it was UNTHINKABLE, he just said "they should at least be able to make you feel something about them" because they had enough posts.
Master Radishes
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:37 pm MR is your case on me the same as it was on page 2?
Also, a serious response: yeah, but with other things you've said/done I grimace at. Like your 'bait' line above. I just can't help but read that as coming from a scum perspective trying to adopt a smarter-than-thou persona.

I am wary of tunneling, so I'll just keep mum until everyone else sees what I do, or until I change my mind. I've been known to tunnel hard D1 and then realise my mistake in D2.

Continue your spat with leetic, by all means.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm 1) Mac read is not back tracking, it was an actual reaction test

Feels like you’re in my ISO looking for things that look bad without actually looking for context.
1. If it was a reaction test, why did you never comment on Mac's reaction? Was your vote on me, which also had no reasoning attached, a "reaction test" as well?
2. Maybe not saying he's town after saying something suspicious of him, or explain why you had a change in the read. Saying his play is unusual for him, then immediately flipping and just posting he's town with no real explanation is noncommittal.

Still not feeling you.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pmI think you're being a bit generous in giving out your +s. E.g. his opener was okay, but +2? That's an opening post a wolf could definitely make. And with the last couple posts, I actually felt leetic's insistence that Drago come up with reads on me/Ted was a bit contrived - Drago had explained he wasn't going to and didn't need to, and leetic tried to make it sound like that was unthinkable, which I don't think it is.
I did start this while drinking last night. :beer: Maybe I was overly generous with the +2's, but I still would give +1's for them... or maybe a +1, then a +2 for the second post because a wolf could be satisfied with the optics of the first post, but a civilian who believes in what they're doing pushes more with a second.

I didn't read the Drago thing that way at all. "Drago had explained he wasn't going to and didn't need to"... that sounds really reasonable, more reasonable than "what, you want random thoughts out of thin air??" deserves. And I disagree that leetic implied it was UNTHINKABLE, he just said "they should at least be able to make you feel something about them" because they had enough posts.
I would've called the first post a 0 but the second post was a +1 or so, I agree.

I guess I just agree with Drago that he doesn't need to force a thought about two players he's not tried to read yet. Both then became stubborn about it, but I felt that leetic's tone came across as trying to build a case, whereas Drago was just being obstinate. It's a subjective read - agree to disagree.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm 1) Mac read is not back tracking, it was an actual reaction test

1. If it was a reaction test, why did you never comment on Mac's reaction? Was your vote on me, which also had no reasoning attached, a "reaction test" as well?
2. Maybe not saying he's town after saying something suspicious of him, or explain why you had a change in the read. Saying his play is unusual for him, then immediately flipping and just posting he's town with no real explanation is noncommittal.

Still not feeling you.
I posted the reasoning that you also commented on

“Kind of convenient you choose to forget about it, we had a talk about it early game, don’t you remember our clash”

Like you’re a wolf idc entertaining your frames that you’re painting for me to argue from, it’s a waste of time.

Just because I’ve done a reaction test, doesn’t mean that:

a) I am always 100% guaranteed to receive something from it that’s AI, because that’s entirely on the other player to fulfill

Mac is unreadable, I attempted to read him and it failed. Me making a reaction test doesn’t mean that I know how to read Mac / that I should get something from it, it proves I’m trying to, I’m scum hunting

All you’ve done was to move your vote for level 1 surface reads.

2) you never asked me about it, I wonder why. Too busy appearing to do actual work.

I appreciate the little chit chat, I won’t convince you that you have a wolf PM. I’m wasting my time.
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine I would like to hear a lot more from you.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”