9%

Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:04 am @Sloonei what do you think about a Speed and Leetic being buds?
I'm not in the habit of doing associative reads before anyone has flipped. They are both independently suspicious.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Also, I don't really know what Mac was trying to say about the comment on JJJ, and I don't really care to go back, but it was way off. When I said "I would also say the same about JaggedJimmyJay", I was referring to "He is usually one of the more active people who tries to get stuff going", not " I'm not really seeing him trying to get any meaningful discussion going so I have to be suspicious.". And I'm sorry as fuck for trying to make a funny with the Schrodinger's Player thing, don't worry, you won't be seeing anything like that again anytime soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:45 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm Why am I still scum to you? ts account
Right now the way you are behaving gives me the sense you want to be in control for the EOD, and all I can say is that does not make me feel so good about you. I do not think I would hang you today, however.
I want to like this read because it sounds cool, but I don't understand it. Explain what you mean?
"This could provide me an easy excuse to vote for a player! Please say more to make that easier for me."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm Let me live to Day2, that’s when I shine, more towards late game. I’ll give a huge post with everyone listed. Ted talk thing.

I need the night for myself, I can’t both defend myself against cases and solve, you can’t possibly expect me to do that
Your defense has not been impressive thus far, seems like you are more pleading than trying to understand where your suspicion has been coming from.
How do you expect a civilian to respond to aggressive suspicion against them? I am not asking how you would like them to respond or how you think they should respond. I am asking how, in your experience, does a typical civilian respond when a player or players are hounding them incessantly?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:47 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am Assassin's creed has people in the modern day going into a matrix-like thing and reliving the lives of assassins of the past to gain skillz.

Maybe nutella and JJJ are like a templar and an assassin from the future and they're in our heads right now, living our lives, making our posts.
I haven't felt like myself lately...
Have you know counters to my points about you?
False dichotomy.
While yes, I did do a false dichotomy with presenting only two options when there could be more, what is wrong with what you're doing is how you're dismissing the entire post as a fallacy even though only a part of it was. The entire reason for why I scum read you wasn't a fallacy but you keenly ignored having to explain yourself against me. If I must stress again, how does Sloonei not opening this game the say way he did in a previous game make him scum when many ppl never open the same way as well? I certainly didn't open the same way as in a previous game, you didn't either as this is the first game I've played with you where you voted for someone in your first post. So why were you being a hypocrite LC?
It's not a real read, Drago. It's made-up to try and spur on conversation in a dead thread.
Ok, could you at least answer the question tho?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Good night, everybody.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm tsp's posts have been forgettable to me but we're on the same wagon so sure i guess i can hold off on reading him for now
Tony has twelve posts. Why do they need to be memorable? You can read them in under sixty seconds. Why does this post exist?
Mac observed a possible association between Epi and Tony here (I think), but on a second look I'm inclined to say that I see nothing. I could still very easily see this as scum Epi busting the chops of a civilian player for making a (in his opinion) silly observation. That does not need to imply anything at all about Tony.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Master Radishes »

Good morning folks. Just spent an hour reading (er, some skimming) to catch up. AMA. My answer will undoubtedly be 'dunno, don't remember what was said'.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

I think Sloonei - FG - TS - Dragomir is a reliable enough town core. I may be too careful when saying Mac wouldn't fit this core, he probably would, but I still feel like being careful for whatever reason. Some of his actions left some questions in my mind that I can't really erase, and his association with leetic and his posturing around the wagon may have a factor in this.

That leaves TH / Epi / Leetic / speedchuck / TSP / LC / Radishes

TH -

Admittedly, this might be a spite suspicion, but I think it's warranted. Having no thoughts of your own on page 22 and making a sheep vote is absolutely horrendous.

I don't like his ts push because it seems to be misinterpreting him, irony being, what's easier than pushing someone for making a suspicion on someone else for discussing mechanics. Feels like a surface read to make and it's kind of skipping the whole gist of the argument for no real reason, it's diminishing it.

I just came back from reading ts' argument with Sloonei because I skipped it at first, and I see nothing that TH is seeing with this post :
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
And it's really not what Mikey was suspecting sloonei for? Again, the "diminishing important aspects" point. It feels like he didn't even read the on-going thing, just skipped to the end, saw Sloonei look a lot better than Mikey, and gave the read, because it's a safe spot to sit on. I don't like how TH is taking a convoluted suspicion coming from Mikey on Sloonei and describing it in the scummiest way possible, while also misrepresenting his entire push, ergo, he called Mikey out for pushing sloonei, when :

a) Sloonei was the one that pressed Mikey on his early suspicion and the one to have even beat the bush in the hopes of achieving something out of Mikey's early suspicion.
b) Mikey didn't scum read Sloonei in their argument for that reason

Despite this, the following of his ISO is not even like leaning me one way or the other, it's just making me think "What even is his game plan as scum if he is one"? And it makes me question whether he gave a half-assed read as a town here. I guess I liked that he switched his PoV to Sloonei scum instead of mikey, that kind of left me clueless, which probably means he's town?

I might as well do this, in the grand scheme of things, I don't believe that this is a scum slot if leetic is one.

Epi -

Much like the reasoning I initially had on TH to be scum, this is kind of the same, he also scum reads ts for "inflating his post count" which seems like probably one of the laziest reads I could've ever seen. I don't believe that a town would actually believe this. Someone's either scum or town for performing an action, if you found it performative, then call it that, not "he's just inflating his post count". It's taking a rather "I could give less of a fuck about what's going on between Sloonei and ts right now" read which feels against the grain with the general feeling of the thread. A lot of people were suspecting one party from the debate, this suspects one of them but for weak reasoning.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 pm [VOTE: tsaccount] aubergine
My concerns about ts have not been addressed, but I am now having a harder time reading his utter frustration with me as anything but genuine.
My vote stands. Convince me otherwise.
Why does your vote stand where it stands? Is this a social distancing thing?
I'll make this real simple for you. Ready?

I think ts is
mafia
If I were to ask why, would you give me a satisfying answer?
I don't know the answer to that. What would satisfy you? I've already said I think ts is engaging in bullshit discussion about mechanics and people who talk about mechanics. ts looks nervous. Like someone who bit off more than he can chew and is trying to make himself out to be the big fish regardless.
*bolded* - already explained
italic - this is both wrong and scummy, it's painting ts as scum for a lot more than Epi was initially comfortable giving reasoning for. i feel like it's a huge twist of what ts looked like at the time.

Overall, this would be a solid scum buddy for leetic. All of his votes are posturing on leetic's counterwagons , and for shit reasons as well. Epi had a town lean on Long Con, asked leetic why he should vote him, leetic said he shouldn't, and then, after voting me and maintaining my peak votes, he posts this :
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
This is true.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

There is no reason you should have to explain this to Turnip Head. TH was around during that time.
Long con : 4 votes with this vote at the time. He sits on this for a while, then he switches to...Whom, might you ask?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 pm [VOTE: ted] aubergine
Oh gee I wonder. Why? No reason to ask as the reasoning may prolly be "voted to see the poll" or "wagons".

Then baby yoda starts raging and kicking and looking town and where does Epi land next?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 pm [VOTE: TH] aubergine

Just to keep it even while I slumber.
Wait, is that a 3 votes wagon?

Epi is posturing to have a reason to vote on any of me / th / longcon in order to save leetic. If leetic flips scum, this is the next lynch 10/10 times.

Leetic -

Scum lord

speedchuck -

Tbh his ISO left me uninspired and his last post with the readslist is like "Yeah so we lost ted as a lynching option, I'm gonna put LC at null and keep TH scum as those are two viable wagons"

I get that the last 2 people (except for leetic) are being analysed based on pre-flip. Individually, I really have no idea what speedchuck is, could be anything. He does read more...tense? I guess?

TSP -
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:45 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm Usually much more has happened by now. This feels weird.

Right now, [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine. He is usually one of the more active people who tries to get stuff going, but right now his only contributions have been setup speculation. I'm not really seeing him trying to get any meaningful discussion going so I have to be suspicious.
I would also say the same about JaggedJimmyJay, but he's Schrödinger's player right now. I'll join you on the Sloonei vote, he has three posts and they're all about an issue that's above his pay grade as a player. In A World Asunder, town Sloonei opened Day 1 with two town reads and a vote on a suspect. [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
This is perhaps worse than the Leetic but it’s heart is in the right place
I actually really liked his LC comment. I kind of feel bad for saying this as it will be exploited by him, but generally, I feel like me and TSP have kind of the same outlook on the game. Our reads are somewhat similar, at least from my PoV, and each time we were both town (or I was scum and he was town but it was multiball). I resonated with it, I think it's actually the correct take. Its heart does feel in the right place. I wholeheartedly agree with that post.

I can also follow through the Drago read, although I think it's taking it a step further. That's fine as I think it's more likely town indicative out of TSP, but I am stating that I don't agree with the read itself, but with TSP's reasoning for calling it out.

I also liked his FG comment, although I think she gave him a reasonable reply back (from what I remember) and it seemed that it didn't shake him at all, I wanna know why.

I think TSP's town actually.

Now, for spew analysis that could go wrong but I don't think it is
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm TonyStarkPrime has twelve posts and and I count only one opinion that is expressed without hedging language.
I’ve been taking the maybes and perhapses out of my emails today. It’s an overall problem.
I think a wolf Epi used this more to shade FG than defend TSP, and if he were a wolf with TSP, I don't think he'd consciously move his cursor on the submit button, because he'd second-guess himself into how bad it would turn out to look.

LC -

I'm already getting tired of this, this is absolutely not a wolf with leetic if leetic is a wolf.

As for the individual read...

Listen, the fucking pointing system, please never do that again if you're town. It's easy to bait scum reads on you (more so done by town!). It's already enough if you go over your reasoning for leaning leetic one way or the other, this just feels artificial and people will most certainly not appeal and/or will be suspicious of how you view one thing , your point is clearly done to emphasize on a scum lean and you give him 0 points for it. I don't think there's any reward in doing it. It makes it very hard for me to get a read on you this way.

Yeah I have no clue, I hope leetic flips wolf so I can call this town.

Master Radishes -

Going to start by saying I retained one Sloonei quote that kind of mirrored my thought on MR, I don't think that he feels scum this game. He doesn't feel like in GoC. It's really hard to describe it as you couldn't resonate to my thoughts anyway and I can't really put them out for you, because I had a whole another perception than the townies in GoC because I was scum.

Liked the Sloonei read.

Hindsight, I remember liking this read that he made on me:
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:16 am It's early days still, but Ted is popping out to me as someone to ISO. Everytime I read his post I'm thinking along the lines of 'Can a scum make that? ...Sure'.

I'm supposed to be working right now (from home, so it's easy for me to get distracted), but next time I take a break I'll do a proper ISO.
I take it MR is some sort of English teacher or something, as his cases very much revolve around wording and such. His whole case on me went from the premise I was scum, which is why I am suspecting people that are still on me, because :
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 am Okay, here are a couple posts from Ted that pinged me:

Disclaimer: it's early D1 etc etc.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 am @tedxtr what is your read on sloonei?
Yeah I was gonna get to that, I think you're town and I'm trying to wrap my head around the mess.
This is a cop out to talking about the (at the time) ongoing Sloonei-TS debate. 'Trying to wrap my head around the mess' comes across to me as a scum uncertain how to slip into the predominant conversation.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am If ts account is [NSM] Mikey I don't remember him being this jumpy actually.

linki : I liked how you reacted to ts account's push on you, particularly one post somewhere. I guess you handled the callout pretty well, it's maybe something to do with how bad the votes on you were that deceives me into it, but idrc for now, you're sloonei.

(Quote chain that I cut)
A light shading on TS (who I assume is Mikey), followed by a rather qualified reason for TRing Sloonei. Again, just reads as someone who is hesitant to lay down solid reads.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am I kind of want the Sloonei and ts shit to stop, there's already information to infer stuff from and quite frankly I think they're both town.
For one thing, it had definitely petered out by this point. But mainly, it has the tone of a scum who is trying to appear frustrated, e.g. 'quite frankly' and such phrasing.

The rest of his ISO is uninspiring. Mostly null posts that don't really indicate alignment either way, and nothing that looks townie enough to overrule my suspicions. Some of the other posts that don't sit well with me include a minor mechanics comments, a seemingly random and unexplained vote on Leetic ('this feels good for now', really?), and some weird commentary on a Mac who had barely entered the thread at that point. Even his entrance posts look a bit questionable under this light, but admittedly by this point I may be tunneling a bit.

Ted sits at the bottom of my list at the moment. I don't normally vote this early into the game, but hey, sometimes it's fun to switch things up. [VOTE: tedextr] aubergine
This is a cop out to talking about the (at the time) ongoing Sloonei-TS debate. 'Trying to wrap my head around the mess' comes across to me as a scum uncertain how to slip into the predominant conversation.
NAI unless you go from the premise a scum probably posted it.
A light shading on TS (who I assume is Mikey), followed by a rather qualified reason for TRing Sloonei. Again, just reads as someone who is hesitant to lay down solid reads.
This point was literally refuted in his next point that he makes, and I found it baffling how "I think ts and sloonei are town" is reflective of a hesitant behaviour, but whatever.
For one thing, it had definitely petered out by this point. But mainly, it has the tone of a scum who is trying to appear frustrated, e.g. 'quite frankly' and such phrasing.
He decided to leave the previous argument in even though he literally commented on the post that refutes his argument, but okay.

I feel like I could've follow through enough with "A lot of his posts seem null", but these particular quotes are struggling to build a case out of thin air. It's perfectly reasonable to think "mate post something townie" but the timing of the casing as well as the reasons themselves when you preach that my posts are pretty null reads kind of desperate, which is why I kept pushing back people when they voted me for your case.

I thought I was going to town read you off this, but I just can't. There's a dark world where you're a town, but that would imply some fucked up reasoning that Occam's razor doesn't back me up on, such as "He wanted to try and catch the boogey man cuz I won GoC and he didn't have the chance to push me, so maybe that's why he wants to bury me early, maybe he's backing up a gut too early" but it's like, come on. You can't possibly go as hard as you did on me based on this.

I can't town lean him.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have now read everything. In this thread. Still have a ways to go in my quest to read everything ever written by the human race.

linki: holy moses ted. Now I haven't read everything again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am Good morning folks. Just spent an hour reading (er, some skimming) to catch up. AMA. My answer will undoubtedly be 'dunno, don't remember what was said'.
Why are you voting for a confirmed civilian?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm [VOTE: funnygurl555] aubergine
Why? Why not LC?
I want us to talk about something different. What has Funnygurl done that makes her town?
Her play style reflects that of a town than a scum.
Her play style is completely null.

I accept meta info from leetic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad vote right now.
No, I disagree. She's super casual and nonchalant in her posts. Everything feels natural, even some of the occasional awkwardness. She speaks her mind and doesn't care. A play style that reflects one of a town than a scum.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:16 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:45 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm Why am I still scum to you? ts account
Right now the way you are behaving gives me the sense you want to be in control for the EOD, and all I can say is that does not make me feel so good about you. I do not think I would hang you today, however.
I want to like this read because it sounds cool, but I don't understand it. Explain what you mean?
"This could provide me an easy excuse to vote for a player! Please say more to make that easier for me."
Misinterpreted. Genuine curiosity - I didn't understand what he meant by 'want to be in control for the EoD' (or, rather, how Drago was exhibiting such behaviour, especially so far out from EoD). It sounds like a new angle on reading the game I hadn't considered before.

He did explain it a few posts later, as I recall. I didn't fully agree but at least saw what he meant to say.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm [VOTE: funnygurl555] aubergine
Why? Why not LC?
I want us to talk about something different. What has Funnygurl done that makes her town?
Her play style reflects that of a town than a scum.
Her play style is completely null.

I accept meta info from leetic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad vote right now.
No, I disagree. She's super casual and nonchalant in her posts. Everything feels natural, even some of the occasional awkwardness. She speaks her mind and doesn't care. A play style that reflects one of a town than a scum.
I disagree with your disagreement. Plenty of wolves can be super casual and nonchalant, and FG strikes me as the type to play similarly game to game regardless of alignment.

But this was many moons ago, when she had only posted a handful of times. Currently, I'm content calling her a town read now.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am Good morning folks. Just spent an hour reading (er, some skimming) to catch up. AMA. My answer will undoubtedly be 'dunno, don't remember what was said'.
Word your question fairly or don't bother asking it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

@ted History, Geography, and English teacher, yes. Also currently some Religious Studies and have taught Media Studies in the past.

I'll get around to your thoughts on me later. That's a wall and walls take time.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 am
Why are you voting for tedxtr?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:46 pm For my feelings on the matter, while stranger things have happened, even when I pulled off the "argue with scumbuddy D1 about something pointless for distancing", I didn't do it for nearly as long. Sloonei and Mikey were quite dedicated in their argument, so I find it doubtful that they are w/w
yeah ted and I did it last game but it only went on for about 6 posts total, and that was enough to seal the win in the end. It’d be pointless to drag an act like that out over several pages.
Why shouldn't you? If it can make ppl think you're not wolf(which I assume would be the goal), then you wouldn't drag it out right? Do you believe that you accomplish that with much fewer posts?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

That is a nice scumtell you have there.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:46 pm For my feelings on the matter, while stranger things have happened, even when I pulled off the "argue with scumbuddy D1 about something pointless for distancing", I didn't do it for nearly as long. Sloonei and Mikey were quite dedicated in their argument, so I find it doubtful that they are w/w
yeah ted and I did it last game but it only went on for about 6 posts total, and that was enough to seal the win in the end. It’d be pointless to drag an act like that out over several pages.
Why shouldn't you? If it can make ppl think you're not wolf(which I assume would be the goal), then you wouldn't drag it out right? Do you believe that you accomplish that with much fewer posts?
yes
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 pm I want to return to this post as well:
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am Reads on a few more active players:

Dragomir: I think a lot of his posts have been more CWAC. I mean, there's very little that he has posted that Sloonei hadn't already posted, and he's only interacting with the same people that Sloonei had been. GTH scum, because I do not see him making his own content.

Funnygurl: Likely town, seems similar to her town play in the hydra game.

Master Radishes: I do like their posts so far, does seem like they are trying to solve the game and approaching multiple players, so town read.

Sloonei: I'd say town, as he is now trying to get discussion going.

tedxtr: I honestly am not a fan of this slot, I explained why their vote for me was kinda lame and I don't really like his "Was to shoot shit around, I wanted to bait a reaction or something", it seems like backtracking given that his initial vote for me was laden with the same amount of reasoning. Scum read for sure.

ts account: His play in this game is much different than what I'm used to, he's much more tunnelly than he usually is and is much less casual during D1. I haven't seen his scum play yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is it.
No one asked for this and it did not seem like it had any direction to it. leetic just plopped down six reads on six sporadically-selected names. I could see this being the product of a big bad wolf who wants to look proactive. The reads are all pretty superficial, and we can see the seeds of his ted vote which he is still clinging to at this very moment, and which I've just highlighted as the basis for my current vote. The dragomir suspicion also seems arbitrary, and the ts read is the kind of loosely-held suspicion that I could see as a mafioso putting a pin in a case in the event that it gains momentum later on.
They were the six most active people at that point. I couldn't go too deep into them as I had a physics class at 11 and I just wanted to contribute something before then
Wait, so are you admitting to forced contribution in order to get brownie points?
[/quote]

This is something I have a game problem with. Every townie has a goal of fulfilling the town win con. 99 percent of the time, that means not getting lynched if you can help it. A lot of us have developed a smooth town meta as to protect ourselves from being nightkilled early or caught too easily as scum.
But there's nothing inherently wrong with working to get town-read as town by doing actual work. The difference between town and scum isn't that only scum wants to be seen as town with.
Besides, wanting to contribute to the game isn't bad. Why would you feel the need to contribute as scum? Because you have an obligation to the team, the same you have as town.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

It's generally against a wolf's nature to go on ranting for 3 pages. It gets very tiresome at some point. You won't and don't want to convince your wolf partner that you are wolf, because he already knows it.

That's why anti-spews are sudden and often related to a specific set of posts, maybe at EoD when one wolf is getting lynched. If you're a wolf, your word is truth, and stating the truth only takes a single line. If you're a town, you don't know the other person is a town, thus, it takes 3 pages of conflict before you lean one way or the other.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 pm speedchuck's ISO is similarly shallow, asking questions about Mikey and going after LC are his only contributions. As LC was an easy target, it can easily seem like he's trying to blend in - especially given how the later posts have been only jokes or similar. [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
I hate that I agree with this.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[mention]leetic[/mention] didn't Epi's switch onto Leetic cause any reaction in your brain? He asked you about why he's town, you asserted that he is, why is that you didn't feel the need to point it out his unfounded switch at all?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:42 am @leetic didn't Epi's switch onto Leetic cause any reaction in your brain? He asked you about why he's town, you asserted that he is, why is that you didn't feel the need to point it out his unfounded switch at all?
onto LC*
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Drago's still throwing me off. Drago, you have the uncanny ability to show up when you get mentioned in the thread, so can you say something interesting that I can comfortably townread you for?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am Leetic feels cornered
What's the point you're making? He's civilian because he's being pushed into a wall or is he scum because he reacts poorly?
Which one do you think I meant? If you had to guess :keys:
I don't get the point of this.
I don't get how speedchuck didn't get the point of this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nor do i understand why he decided to interject there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:38 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 pm I want to return to this post as well:
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am Reads on a few more active players:

Dragomir: I think a lot of his posts have been more CWAC. I mean, there's very little that he has posted that Sloonei hadn't already posted, and he's only interacting with the same people that Sloonei had been. GTH scum, because I do not see him making his own content.

Funnygurl: Likely town, seems similar to her town play in the hydra game.

Master Radishes: I do like their posts so far, does seem like they are trying to solve the game and approaching multiple players, so town read.

Sloonei: I'd say town, as he is now trying to get discussion going.

tedxtr: I honestly am not a fan of this slot, I explained why their vote for me was kinda lame and I don't really like his "Was to shoot shit around, I wanted to bait a reaction or something", it seems like backtracking given that his initial vote for me was laden with the same amount of reasoning. Scum read for sure.

ts account: His play in this game is much different than what I'm used to, he's much more tunnelly than he usually is and is much less casual during D1. I haven't seen his scum play yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is it.
No one asked for this and it did not seem like it had any direction to it. leetic just plopped down six reads on six sporadically-selected names. I could see this being the product of a big bad wolf who wants to look proactive. The reads are all pretty superficial, and we can see the seeds of his ted vote which he is still clinging to at this very moment, and which I've just highlighted as the basis for my current vote. The dragomir suspicion also seems arbitrary, and the ts read is the kind of loosely-held suspicion that I could see as a mafioso putting a pin in a case in the event that it gains momentum later on.
They were the six most active people at that point. I couldn't go too deep into them as I had a physics class at 11 and I just wanted to contribute something before then
Wait, so are you admitting to forced contribution in order to get brownie points?
This is something I have a game problem with. Every townie has a goal of fulfilling the town win con. 99 percent of the time, that means not getting lynched if you can help it. A lot of us have developed a smooth town meta as to protect ourselves from being nightkilled early or caught too easily as scum.
But there's nothing inherently wrong with working to get town-read as town by doing actual work. The difference between town and scum isn't that only scum wants to be seen as town with.
Besides, wanting to contribute to the game isn't bad. Why would you feel the need to contribute as scum? Because you have an obligation to the team, the same you have as town.
[/quote]
Yes, townies should contribute as contributing helps but what I meant by that is that they shouldn't have it as their #1 reason for participating in the thread. You should be more concerned about trying to catch the bad guys, not getting your contribution posts in. You auto contribute by trying to catch the scum anyway.

Leetic doesn't look like he's trying to catch scum, but just making reads. He's not trying to lynch someone but instead get brownie points.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 am
Why are you voting for tedxtr?
Early on in the game, I felt he was hedging his bets and trying to appear casual and such. This was a very early D1 read, and I didn't pursue it very far. As Ted progressed, I didn't find anything in particular that cleared him. He seemed to pick his spots and his posts continued to leave me uninspired. He seemed to be scumhunting to some extent, but I didn't see anything that made me think a wolf couldn't fake it.

I had moved my vote to FG a long while back and was looking to move off it. The other two wagons (LC, Leetic) were people I had also voiced mild suspicion of, but I decided to make it a 3-way wagon instead because (a) I hadn't yet revisited my Ted read properly and still felt him null at best, and (b) to see if that affected how others chose to place their votes.

It should be noted that now, as I've skimmed through the game since his outburst, I've been trying harder to read him as town!Ted, and I feel I can see him now. I hate using this as a rationale, but truth be told it's the fact that his frustrated feelings haven't abated that make me think he's a townie feeling wronged. Some people can fake emotion long-term, but I can only think of two (Eva and someone from my home site) who can do it properly.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:38 am
It's generally against a wolf's nature to go on ranting for 3 pages. It gets very tiresome at some point. You won't and don't want to convince your wolf partner that you are wolf, because he already knows it.

That's why anti-spews are sudden and often related to a specific set of posts, maybe at EoD when one wolf is getting lynched. If you're a wolf, your word is truth, and stating the truth only takes a single line. If you're a town, you don't know the other person is a town, thus, it takes 3 pages of conflict before you lean one way or the other.
I see then.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:45 am Drago's still throwing me off. Drago, you have the uncanny ability to show up when you get mentioned in the thread, so can you say something interesting that I can comfortably townread you for?
No, I don't have anything "interesting" in mind.
Master Radishes
Hitman

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 am
Thanks, been working hard on it.

...What is it?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How do you feel about leetic and LC now, [mention]Master Radishes[/mention]? Is there anyone without votes that you think deserves some?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:16 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:12 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:04 am I also do not feel like this is the same radish we saw in the goc.
Wdym?
master radishes was scum in that game. he got lynched day 2. i think he looks different here. that would indicate a town read, but i'm not familiar enough with him as a player to say that with complete confidence. i'm not currently inclined to vote for him.
Radishes is an obscenely good player. He has levels. Getting lynched early in the GOC was an outlier for him.
I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. :beer:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I am page 10 right now. I want to sleep. I'll continue when I wake up. Good night.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:49 am

...What is it?
The AMA.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

AMA = "Am mafia, ah!"

got 'em
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I didn't even notice that turnip head still has three votes tucked away at the bottom of the poll. I'm uninspired by that wagon.

that said i'm not sure i've ever seen a rotten turnip.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

The non-associative reads would be like...

{Sloonei, ts, FG, Dragomir}
{MacDougall}
{TurnipHead,TSP}
===============
{Long Con,speedchuck}
===============
{Master Radishes} (?)
{leetic, Epignosis}
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:50 am How do you feel about leetic and LC now, Master Radishes? Is there anyone without votes that you think deserves some?
Having not properly thought about the last 9ish hours of posts:

LC - there's nothing he's said or done that clears him, IMO. I didn't like one of his opening posts, and I felt his analysis of leetic was fairly surface level. My other game with him was Inception, and he felt different there, so I'm not sold on him definitely being mafia here, but I agree with his inclusion in the PoE on the basis that in this game he's not done anything I can't see a wolf also doing.

Leetic - similarly to LC, there was an early post of his I felt was iffy based on its tone/phrasing; in Leetic's defense, he has continued to talk in the same way, so I think my argument there is invalid. Beyond that, I feel that I generally don't mind his posts individually, and I feel I see an attempt to gamesolve. But at the same time, I feel as if he's...on his own. Like, he's not really tussling with others, just sort of floating by on the fringe of what's going on. And that rings an alarm bell for me.

Both deserve to be in the POE; neither feel like a sure thing; both deserve my attention further.

I'll think about your second question. I'm making breakfast/getting ready/etc and so this post took 20 minutes to finish typing as it is.
Master Radishes
Hitman

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:49 am

...What is it?
The AMA.
Oh, I see. Eh, I do that sometimes. Someone on my home community once pointed out I am easier to read when I've just woken up (they're all on a different time zone to me) and so I used to @ that person and get him to question me when I woke up as a joke/to prove he's wrong.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:50 am Is there anyone without votes that you think deserves some?
Actually, there is one name I've been mulling over: Epi. People gave TH grief for his post about 'he's not being a lovable jerk' or whatever it was, but actually that's exactly how I felt at the time of TH's post too, that Epi was doing his Epi thing, but that it was...maybe not forced, but certainly without purpose. From my skim of the thread since I was last here, I still feel that way. In my other games with Epi, I could tell he had thoughts going on even when he posted his short, unexplained, blunt messages. This game, he sounds like he's affecting that sort of persona more so than embodying it. He's picking what he responds to at random, it feels like.

I get what Mac means about letting Epi do his thing and we wait and see, but I feel that's a bit of a free pass he hasn't earned within this game.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I will ask you a question, then. What knowledge did you gain from your catch up?
Master Radishes
Hitman

My biggest town reads now are Sloonei and Mac.

I feel okay about TS, Drago, and funnygurl too, but these are leans more than reads.

I'm not really seeing what others are about TH, but he's more of a null+ than a town lean.

Ted I'm just going to put aside completely.

Everyone else, as far as I'm concerned, remains in my POE.
Master Radishes
Hitman

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:38 am I will ask you a question, then. What knowledge did you gain from your catch up?
I will defer to answer. I'm someone who needs to re-read to properly imbibe. I've only done a surface read/skim.
Master Radishes
Hitman

My Mac town read is something I gained from it, actually. After spectating him thrice in Champs as town (admittedly a different environment), then playing twice here with him as scum, I feel quite sure I'm watching town Mac.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Ugh. My POE is full of low posters, upon reflection. Seems too easy.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Let’s maj leetic
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”