Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi pointing out dunya's post count speaks to my instincts
Like she's rationing them to get close to the quota
Not necessarily scummy, but I think it stinks
And I don't trust her one iota

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:39 pm Epi pointing out dunya's post count speaks to my instincts
Like she's rationing them to get close to the quota
Not necessarily scummy, but I think it stinks
And I don't trust her one iota

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine
10. Question for everyone: do we think there might be a difference in the way players handle the post cap based on alignment? What could the tells be, if there are any?

Russtifinko is town. He felt the need
to question me, like folks in Assassin's Creed.
They did not know me either, and took to heart
The silly little things I said at the start.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

11. I hit my rhyme quota. Let's get jiggy with it.

Responding to DDL:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Day 0 begins now and will last 24 hours. Each player may post a maximum of 25 times during Day 0. All Jiggy pursuits, night actions, and voting will not take place until Day 1 and onward. You may begin posting.
y'all wasting moments with each rhyme. all that effort in vain for no benefit.
It's useful wisdom but I felt the tone here was a little mean.
That was a joke. No one caught it. :pout:

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 am In post number three
I will [VOTE: MP] aubergine
This ain't the dog pee
I think I'd see
You said this elsewhere
Recently. Tell me if you care
How it worked out for you then,
And you really want to pursue that again.
Bashing nutella for a recent mislynch in another game.
"Bashing" is a little harsh and that certainly was not my intention. My point was just that I saw nutella make a nearly identical accusation against MP in Coronavirus Mafia a few weeks ago. I wanted to bring it up to get a response. She shrugged at it. My tone may have been thrown off by the rhyme scheme.

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm 3. Epignosis is town, but so is MP. Let’s not lynch either of them.
I warn you against making reads such as this. I swear in god's name you did the same in a recent game and it ended up the drizzling shits.
7. I don’t give a drizzling shit about being right at this stage. I have an immediate reaction to reads that have been put forth.

Epi out forth a read on MP and I believe his intentions were pure. MP looks like MP.
This one too.
Literally just repeating Mac's own words back at him.
Eh I'm not gonna be the purity guy, I am mean to people all the time too, this just gave me a feeling of scummy tone so I decided to poke it to see what happens.
Am I coming off as mean? I don't... uh, intend to. Sometimes you gotta be blunt in a mafia game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

anyone who still gives weight to my number of posts as a genuine reason to scum read can kindly kiss my backside. :) had enough of that meta and spent the last games changing it. dunya posting 200 posts on day 1 is dead. over. deal with it. and especially on a 25 post limit game. :rolleyes:

my read on mp is tone-based. he seems genuine. even though he has mostly been on the defence, because people were hitting him from all sides, his defences are all sincere and coming from a place of truth, i feel. and with that, hes still took the time to game solve and keep up. Scum mp will be more focused on defence and getting out of people's dog piles. i am an intuition-based player, and i can see town behind MP posts.

i am however beginning to feel less certain of a town sloonei here.

I dunno how to read russ, and i will at some point quote his massive post when I'm not on my phone and reply.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:06 pm anyone who still gives weight to my number of posts as a genuine reason to scum read can kindly kiss my backside. :) had enough of that meta and spent the last games changing it. dunya posting 200 posts on day 1 is dead. over. deal with it. and especially on a 25 post limit game. :rolleyes:

my read on mp is tone-based. he seems genuine. even though he has mostly been on the defence, because people were hitting him from all sides, his defences are all sincere and coming from a place of truth, i feel. and with that, hes still took the time to game solve and keep up. Scum mp will be more focused on defence and getting out of people's dog piles. i am an intuition-based player, and i can see town behind MP posts.

I dunno how to read russ, and i will at some point quote his massive post when I'm not on my phone and reply.
But that's not what I did fam
I was talking about the mindset ham
Of rationing your posts to get near the quota lamb
And anyways your overzealous defense of MP makes me skeptical too damn
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yall are overthinking the post count thing holy shit

Everyone has 25 posts for Day 1

The Day 0 posts don't matter

Jay was posting our post counts as reference so he could see when someone's total would show that they had posted 25 times on Day 1

Jesus.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:06 pm anyone who still gives weight to my number of posts as a genuine reason to scum read can kindly kiss my backside. :) had enough of that meta and spent the last games changing it. dunya posting 200 posts on day 1 is dead. over. deal with it. and especially on a 25 post limit game. :rolleyes:

But that's not what I did fam
I don't understand this and I need someone to vote for other than MP so [VOTE: th] aubergine I don't buy your reasoning for suspecting dunya
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 30

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm 3. Epignosis is town, but so is MP. Let’s not lynch either of them.
I warn you against making reads such as this. I swear in god's name you did the same in a recent game and it ended up the drizzling shits.

What kind of read is that, townreading two players engaged in a back and forth? Sometimes those are right though.

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.

I like the approach here, thanks for sharing, Mac. I agree with your Russ and Sloonei town reads. Can you elaborate on the Tony and sig ones? And maybe I missed it, but if sig is your #3 read, why are you voting for him?

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 pm 1.
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm Hey all, just checking in for now. Preoccupied with other items for the duration. Looking forward to playing this despite this post count limitation putting me in shackles.
Refusing to rhyme is kinda scummy
Also anyone who over rhymes/someone in first 3 is def mafia trying to be blendy.

Also fuck rhyming the whole reason i signed up for this game is since I don't wanna post why should I rhyme and be forced to post more.
Let us begin with a vote for sig
Whose entrance was just too big
He huffed and he puffed and made a scene
But he just looks the opposite of green
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:02 pm Super excited to play with some of the oldies again!
Currently drinking wine and cleaning so not 100% here ergo ignore about half of the grammar and spelling mistakes the other half I'd make even not tipsy. :p

Also let's not lynch sig day one in this game okay gang? Okay

Also also I'm packing/moving for job, finishing out school and dealing with army junk so activity may be weird for a bit.
“Let’s not lynch sig day 1” looks like anxiety being masked as banter.
Lynch Sloonei after MP. This sucks.
I agree about this being a bad look for Sloonei. Yeah, sig expressed conflicting views about rhyming. But to me that post, taken as a whole, reads as something a civ throws out because they aren't overly concerned with looking good. Mafia are the ones who try super hard to avoid contradictions in their posts, and that seems like it would've been super easy to avoid here.

Also, "let's not lynch sig day 1" is almost definitely anxiety masked as banter - no one likes dying D1. I don't see how it's alignment-indicative. Sloonei maybe you can explain that one?

Actually, as I reread Sloonei it looks worse and worse to me. As Tony pointed out, he started the lynch train on sig, then switch his vote to Tony because he didn't like all the votes on sig.....what???

-Other Thoughts-
Gonna disagree with Mac - I think Epi is genuinely scumhunting in his big D1 post about MP and Sloonei, and I don't really care about someone "burning through" their D0 posts.

On the other hand, although NANOOK's rhymes are probably the dopest so far, he's burning through D1 posts, which IMO is a different matter than the D0 ones. I also hate the vote on sig - I think it was bandwagony and poorly justified.

MP did the same thing as sig with the ambivalent response to post count limits, and I also don't think that is a big deal - knowing MP, he is probably really excited to be playing this but massively busy, so I bet he vascillates between wanting infinite posts and not having time to read infinite posts. I think the Omerta thing is really the only decent point in Epi's case against MP, but Epi says: "But that isn't important."

I don't entirely understand why you think it's a bad look for Sloonei -- is it because you disagree with it?

What makes you feel like Epi is genuinely scumhunting there? I don't disagree even, but what about it indicates to you that he's trying to assess my alignment?

How is the Omerta thing a decent point exactly? I hardly remember what actually happened in that game, except for I was scum. Then, thinking on it, I thought I recalled us not having a hard time in that game, but other than that my memory is pretty fuzzy about it. Regardless, why would that be a point towards my alignment here? That's what I think I don't understand.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:58 am I also felt a line of sarcasm and negativity in Sloonei's posts that I didn't like. It's faint, but makes me want to place my first vote there.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Explain?

dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 am
Russtifinko wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:08 pm At risk of sounding overly simplistic, role claiming and infodumping are allowed, and "the mafia have been given safe character claims drawn at random from a larger pool of possible civilian characters." So come Day 1, should we all just say our roles, then vote to lynch from among the roles that people double-claim?
jaggedjimmyjay doesn't allow infodumping where people doubleclaim and get called out. i don't know if this is genuine or underhanded cunningness since i haven't played with russtifinko before, but it pinged me. :eye:

FWIW, knowing him rather well, I don't think that line of thinking is bizarre coming from Russ here. I'm hesitant to give him a ton of credit for it because I think it's within his scum range, but it struck me as genuine.
I was limited in how to describe the issue but suffice to say Sloonei strongly town reading two very good scum players on day one after they've been mighty sketchy (soz but you have) is ill advised for someone who carries weight. Unless of course he has TMI.

As for your other point I changed my read on sig but forgot to move my vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The smart thing to do here would just be to lynch speedchuck and G-man back to back.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

They're a pigeon pair of slanking wolves I think. They've both made just two posts. Speedchuck just put in a mighty effort in the other game, roles wolf here, can't muster up the energy to switch modes. G-Man just doesn't like playing Mafia, let alone being Mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

D5 The Mighty Ducks - Top 5!

1. M Plus 7 - Okay it's town MP let's not lynch him.

2. dunya - Okay it's town Dunya let's not lynch her.

3. Nutella - This is definitely towntella.

4. Russtifinko - Drops a bit but mostly because MP and Dunya went and showed me their role cards basically.

5. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

6. Epignosis - I've moved him up a bit after sleeping because he's probably just town Epi.

7. TonyStarkPrime - Drops a bit from the last ranking mostly because of the movement of those below him. Still town reading him for the same reasons as before.

8. Sig - Got a bit of a wobbly boot on but still think he's town. Whiny sig is usually town sig.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - My inverse read where he's town because he's taking the piss too much has reverted to a wtf read because literally all he's been doing is sheeping people.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He seems to give very little fucks about getting his points across. This read could change if he would just stop posting in rhyme.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made two posts each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
[/quote]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay I pressed submit too soon. My top 5 is actually 8 people because I give no fucks about numeracy fuck you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wait Speed is in this game?
Wait Tony is in this game?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
Hey, why this?

--------------------------------------
Rainbow list to help me sort my thoughts and whatnot. Mostly GTH style reads here.

Russtifinko
Epignosis
Mac

MP
DDL
Nanook

dunya
nutella
Turnip Head
sig
Tony
G-man
speedchuck

Those results are boring. nutella and dunya are a pair of players that could very well be within their town games right now, but there's not enough for me to pronounce a judgment. DDL, like russ, feels good in his skepticism of me.
sig's been a little too self-focused. I don't care when he has or hasn't been lynched in past games. I want his opinions on this game, the one that's happening right now in this thread.
Nanook is green because he made me laugh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei does actually have a weird snideness to his game that isn't usually present. Are you okay mate or are you just scum and is the being evil clouding your usual chirpy personality? I like how you've kept your POE super wide. Not very like you at all.

I would expect the methodology being wielded to make it harder for scum who already are not keen to post (ie. G-Man and Speedchuck who profile given G-Man doesn't like playing Mafia and Speedchuck slanks generally but somehow mustered an actual effort for Rona mafia so is probably burnt out). When I rand wolf I am always tailoring my posts, deleting them, walking away from the game etc. The post count cap + rhyming would just make that a lot worse.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I realise that I have failed to include Luffy in my power rankings. Let's put him in the town pile.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm Sloonei does actually have a weird snideness to his game that isn't usually present. Are you okay mate or are you just scum and is the being evil clouding your usual chirpy personality? I like how you've kept your POE super wide. Not very like you at all.

I would expect the methodology being wielded to make it harder for scum who already are not keen to post (ie. G-Man and Speedchuck who profile given G-Man doesn't like playing Mafia and Speedchuck slanks generally but somehow mustered an actual effort for Rona mafia so is probably burnt out). When I rand wolf I am always tailoring my posts, deleting them, walking away from the game etc. The post count cap + rhyming would just make that a lot worse.
I actually disagree with your take on Sloonei -- I think MP put it pretty well and the snideness you're talking about actually comes out a bit stronger when Sloonei is scum imo. I agree that he feels slightly off this game and it bothered me at first, but he settled in a bit so I figured it was probably just nervousness about the format of the game. I think he feels more natural recently.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm Sloonei does actually have a weird snideness to his game that isn't usually present. Are you okay mate or are you just scum and is the being evil clouding your usual chirpy personality? I like how you've kept your POE super wide. Not very like you at all.

I actually disagree with your take on Sloonei -- I think MP put it pretty well and the snideness you're talking about actually comes out a bit stronger when Sloonei is scum imo. I agree that he feels slightly off this game and it bothered me at first, but he settled in a bit so I figured it was probably just nervousness about the format of the game. I think he feels more natural recently.
When did I start looking more natural?

if i'm being grumpy this game we will just blame it on old age. damn kids and their post limits. banjo ka-pooie.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:55 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:52 pm

When did I start looking more natural?

if i'm being grumpy this game we will just blame it on old age. damn kids and their post limits. banjo ka-pooie.
Idk probably around the start of D1, I think it was mainly your D0 posts that made me feel uneasy.

I have kind of a weird feeling about Epi too with the way he's been throwing out extra-confident cases that don't feel quite like his typical D1 bait. His thing about dunya made absolutely no sense to me and when I expressed a townread on me he acted like he had a "gotcha" on me. I really don't understand why he expects me to feel differently about dunya, I think her posts have been suitably aggressive. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what his gripe is. :shrug2:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

14. Epi feels distinctly different in this game, but I'm not currently inclined to view that as a negative point. Reads have been pouring out of him more openly than I'm used to. It's a change that doesn't necessarily strike me as agenda-driven. Or maybe that's the point.

But also I don't even know what he was talking about during the whole post count discussion. It seemed like he had it right at first and then fell down a rabbit hole with a misinterpretation of the rules. We had 25 posts on Day 0. We have 25 (+5) posts on Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

There were no +5s for D1 since rhymes didn't count on D0 and if I'm understanding correctly the jiggies are added to the following phase. So everyone has a flat 25 for D1, I think.

15 ...alright I gotta be more careful to save em up now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:44 pm Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

D5 The Mighty Ducks - Top 5!

1. M Plus 7 - Okay it's town MP let's not lynch him.

2. dunya - Okay it's town Dunya let's not lynch her.

3. Nutella - This is definitely towntella.

4. Russtifinko - Drops a bit but mostly because MP and Dunya went and showed me their role cards basically.

5. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

6. Epignosis - I've moved him up a bit after sleeping because he's probably just town Epi.

7. TonyStarkPrime - Drops a bit from the last ranking mostly because of the movement of those below him. Still town reading him for the same reasons as before.

8. Sig - Got a bit of a wobbly boot on but still think he's town. Whiny sig is usually town sig.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - My inverse read where he's town because he's taking the piss too much has reverted to a wtf read because literally all he's been doing is sheeping people.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He seems to give very little fucks about getting his points across. This read could change if he would just stop posting in rhyme.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made two posts each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
Too many people in your towncore. You are bad.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Mac seems more interested in reading townies than finding scum

I've voted for him :slick:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You uh. You've played with Mac before right?

:suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah I played against him in Assassin's Creed where I was bad and he was town, so I know exactly what he's capable of. He's just posting reads lists, that won't help him find baddies, it just makes him look like a fun guy.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm 14. Epi feels distinctly different in this game, but I'm not currently inclined to view that as a negative point. Reads have been pouring out of him more openly than I'm used to. It's a change that doesn't necessarily strike me as agenda-driven. Or maybe that's the point.

But also I don't even know what he was talking about during the whole post count discussion. It seemed like he had it right at first and then fell down a rabbit hole with a misinterpretation of the rules. We had 25 posts on Day 0. We have 25 (+5) posts on Day 1.
Doesn't matter. You're mafia. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Epignosis »

This might be worth a post:

Who's first to go?

Poll runs till Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes

Voters: None

dunya
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

G-Man
No votes

M Plus 7
No votes

MacDougall
17%

Voters: sig, Turnip Head

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes

nutella
8%

Voters: dunya

Russtifinko
No votes

sig
17%

Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, MacDougall

Sloonei
17%

Voters: Dragon D. Luffy, Epignosis

speedchuck
No votes

TonyStarkPrime
8%

Voters: Sloonei

Turnip Head
17%

Voters: TonyStarkPrime, nutella

No Lynch
No votes

No Vote / Unvote
8%

Voters: M Plus 7

JJJ's rhyming prowess (host/non)
8%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay

Total votes: 12
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

Aha apparently jiggies increase post count? No more rhymes needed for me then.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:37 pm They're a pigeon pair of slanking wolves I think. They've both made just two posts. Speedchuck just put in a mighty effort in the other game, roles wolf here, can't muster up the energy to switch modes. G-Man just doesn't like playing Mafia, let alone being Mafia.
I'll speak to that when the other game is done. But don't expect coronachuck in this game, at least not till D2.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm 14. Epi feels distinctly different in this game, but I'm not currently inclined to view that as a negative point. Reads have been pouring out of him more openly than I'm used to. It's a change that doesn't necessarily strike me as agenda-driven. Or maybe that's the point.
'not-negative'
'not necessarily agenda driven'
'maybe it's supposed to look good'

Do you have a read on Epi, or are those hedge brambles distracting you?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:05 pm Image

Post count ceilings for Day 1:

26 - Dragon D. Luffy
28 - dunya
34 - Epignosis
26 - G-Man
29 - M Plus 7
28 - MacDougall
30 - NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
30 - nutella
29 - Russtifinko
28 - sig
31 - Sloonei
26 - speedchuck
29 - TonyStarkPrime
28 - Turnip Head

Jiggy pursuits are now underway, and your 4-liners actually count.
I believe it is that I have greatly misunderstood the nature of Day 0. I was under the impression that Day 0 gave us 25 posts and that Day 1 gave us 25 new posts. Doing the math here implies that wasn't the case. Mac's accusation against me (that I'm burning through posts when I only made two Day 1 posts) implies that he was under (what I assume to be) the correct interpretation.

I would think that someone would be kind enough to use one of his or her posts to inform me of my faulty thinking vis-à-vis my accusation of M Plus 7. This correction never came from anybody (TH and nutella even joined me). However. maybe it also is that others were making the same incorrect assumption.
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 pm 1.
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm Hey all, just checking in for now. Preoccupied with other items for the duration. Looking forward to playing this despite this post count limitation putting me in shackles.
Refusing to rhyme is kinda scummy
Also anyone who over rhymes/someone in first 3 is def mafia trying to be blendy.

Also fuck rhyming the whole reason i signed up for this game is since I don't wanna post why should I rhyme and be forced to post more.
Let us begin with a vote for sig
Whose entrance was just too big
He huffed and he puffed and made a scene
But he just looks the opposite of green
sig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:02 pm Super excited to play with some of the oldies again!
Currently drinking wine and cleaning so not 100% here ergo ignore about half of the grammar and spelling mistakes the other half I'd make even not tipsy. :p

Also let's not lynch sig day one in this game okay gang? Okay

Also also I'm packing/moving for job, finishing out school and dealing with army junk so activity may be weird for a bit.
“Let’s not lynch sig day 1” looks like anxiety being masked as banter.
Lynch Sloonei after MP. This sucks.
I agree about this being a bad look for Sloonei. Yeah, sig expressed conflicting views about rhyming. But to me that post, taken as a whole, reads as something a civ throws out because they aren't overly concerned with looking good. Mafia are the ones who try super hard to avoid contradictions in their posts, and that seems like it would've been super easy to avoid here.

Also, "let's not lynch sig day 1" is almost definitely anxiety masked as banter - no one likes dying D1. I don't see how it's alignment-indicative. Sloonei maybe you can explain that one?

Actually, as I reread Sloonei it looks worse and worse to me. As Tony pointed out, he started the lynch train on sig, then switch his vote to Tony because he didn't like all the votes on sig.....what???

-Other Thoughts-
Gonna disagree with Mac - I think Epi is genuinely scumhunting in his big D1 post about MP and Sloonei, and I don't really care about someone "burning through" their D0 posts.

On the other hand, although NANOOK's rhymes are probably the dopest so far, he's burning through D1 posts, which IMO is a different matter than the D0 ones. I also hate the vote on sig - I think it was bandwagony and poorly justified.

MP did the same thing as sig with the ambivalent response to post count limits, and I also don't think that is a big deal - knowing MP, he is probably really excited to be playing this but massively busy, so I bet he vascillates between wanting infinite posts and not having time to read infinite posts. I think the Omerta thing is really the only decent point in Epi's case against MP, but Epi says: "But that isn't important."
The enlarged either means that Russ is believing the same thing I was regarding Day 0, or he's being willfully ignorant here. I lean the former.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am You’re talking wack, son
I’ve got like 20+ posts left
I’m barely a quarter done
I won’t leave you missing me and bereft

My vote is the best one
And I don’t wanna hear no beef
Pretending my reads are good is fun
So stop fighting it and hop on my scum killing leaf

(8)
The same thing applies here. At this point, Nanook had eight posts, which would mean "20+ posts left" isn't true. If counting started at Day 0, Nanook has 12 left (he currently has 13 posts).

dunya commented, but her response was independent of my accusing MP about the post count restriction.
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:44 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 ami feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts so i would vote epi out before mp.
You might know this already, but Epi is literally an English teacher irl. So I would kind of expect him to sounds like that as a default. I get that you think it weaken's his case on MP, but it doesn't necessarily make me read Epi as bad. Especially with schools being out, he's gotta find an outlet. :p
"I would vote Epi out before MP" is a strange conclusion to "i feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts."

I do not agree that my treatment of MP was pedantic in the least (which is what the description implies). The meat of my accusation against MP was him complaining about posts and not doing anything about acquiring more posts. Then I realized I read everything about Day 0 the wrong way and it would appear I wasn't alone.

The problem I have here is the implication that "Epi vs MP" is something that needs to be "solved" as it were. Phrasing like this paves the road for "Well, Epi is dead. He was a civilian. We need to assess MP more strongly now."

That post reeks to me. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine

Anyway, this revelation on my end makes MP's reaction (one of bafflement) sensible. It doesn't tell me anything about his alignment on its own, but it at least makes sense.

Ohh, that makes a lot more sense now, Epi, so thank you. See, I assumed from the get-go that we had 25 on Day 0, then it reset to a separate 25 (or, in this case Jay's updated things) on Day 1, and so I was posting considering that fact.

Also, @Russtifinko, I won't quote your long post, but Omerta was years ago, I couldn't even remember so I just checked -- May-June 2015.

As for my thoughts on dunya, the jury's out I think, and I'm going to have to wait and see more. It's within her modus operandi to make strong reads on Day 1. I'd still put her at slight town for whatever my opinion of her is worth.

As for whether people post in giant posts or multiple times in a row, I'm not sure anyone would think that doing the latter is a scum strategy? But perhaps I'm wrong there
Ok. Since Omerta was that long ago, I think Epi's case on you is bunk. As far as posting multiple times in a row , my theory is this: a scum player could conceivably use up their posts early in the Day, then say, "Aww shucks guys, I'm out of posts. Too bad I can't give reads or help y'all ctach baddies as the final votes come in." Civs will absolutely want to be able to be in the discussion throughout the day and save posts accordingly.

MP, is your slight town read on duyna purely gut-based? She's my strongest suspect right now, so if there's a good reason to change that I'd like to hear it.
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:17 pm Yall are overthinking the post count thing holy shit

Everyone has 25 posts for Day 1

The Day 0 posts don't matter

Jay was posting our post counts as reference so he could see when someone's total would show that they had posted 25 times on Day 1

Jesus.
I think this is wrong....what use would it be to use to show our eventual hypothetical post counts?? I'm 99% sure JJJ told us the D1 post limit each player has, which was influenced by post count on D0. Maybe our host can weigh in to clarify his previous post so we're all on the same page?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:46 pm
'not-negative'
'not necessarily agenda driven'
'maybe it's supposed to look good'

Do you have a read on Epi, or are those hedge brambles distracting you?
Yes, you will note that he’s in my highest tier of town reads. That post is worded the way it is because it was in response to a comment that epi feels different.

Yucky take, [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TH triggered is a bad look for him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm Mac seems more interested in reading townies than finding scum

I've voted for him :slick:
This is how town wins. In the last game I played I had the entire scum in the POE early. You should remember you were scum in that game. I used to scum read first but I realise I am far better at town reading people.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 pm dunya seems her typical self
but she's not firmly on my town shelf
because I know she can be wily scum
but she's not under my voting thumb
dunya has 11 posts and Day 1 is halfway over.

I do not understand how you can say she seems like she's "dunya as usual."

This is a shit take.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Hmm

halfway over = 1/2

25/2 = 12.5

[mention]dunya[/mention] you are a little behind in your post/time ratio please make a few more posts so that you can be correctly perceived as "dunya as usual" by Epi

:grin:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reiterating that Jiggy post count bonuses are applied starting the phase following their acquisition.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:04 pm 11. I hit my rhyme quota. Let's get jiggy with it.

Responding to DDL:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Day 0 begins now and will last 24 hours. Each player may post a maximum of 25 times during Day 0. All Jiggy pursuits, night actions, and voting will not take place until Day 1 and onward. You may begin posting.
y'all wasting moments with each rhyme. all that effort in vain for no benefit.
It's useful wisdom but I felt the tone here was a little mean.
That was a joke. No one caught it. :pout:

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 am In post number three
I will [VOTE: MP] aubergine
This ain't the dog pee
I think I'd see
You said this elsewhere
Recently. Tell me if you care
How it worked out for you then,
And you really want to pursue that again.
Bashing nutella for a recent mislynch in another game.
"Bashing" is a little harsh and that certainly was not my intention. My point was just that I saw nutella make a nearly identical accusation against MP in Coronavirus Mafia a few weeks ago. I wanted to bring it up to get a response. She shrugged at it. My tone may have been thrown off by the rhyme scheme.

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 am
7. I don’t give a drizzling shit about being right at this stage. I have an immediate reaction to reads that have been put forth.

Epi out forth a read on MP and I believe his intentions were pure. MP looks like MP.
This one too.
Literally just repeating Mac's own words back at him.
Eh I'm not gonna be the purity guy, I am mean to people all the time too, this just gave me a feeling of scummy tone so I decided to poke it to see what happens.
Am I coming off as mean? I don't... uh, intend to. Sometimes you gotta be blunt in a mafia game.
At the risk of being called out for backing down too easily, I don't believe that hard in this case. It was mostly an initial impression I had while reading your posts and now I don't feel like it can really hold down in a post-by-post analysis.

I guess I'll place it in the "bring it up again if Sloonei does more scummy stuff" file.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I like how more people are jumping on Sloonei since I called it first, but at the same time I wonder if there isn't some opportunism here. Feels like one of those early Jay/MP wagons we tend to have in this site for no reason. :ponder:
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:50 pm I realise that I have failed to include Luffy in my power rankings. Let's put him in the town pile.
Wow easiest town read I've ever gotten. :grin:
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 pm Yeah I played against him in Assassin's Creed where I was bad and he was town, so I know exactly what he's capable of. He's just posting reads lists, that won't help him find baddies, it just makes him look like a fun guy.
If it were just town/mafia reads maybe, but he's saying a lot of interesting stuff. I think it's fine.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so dunya and MP are acting like classic supatown duya and MP, not enough for me to be able to locktown them but enough for me to want to leave them alone for the time being.

Epi's case on dunya is weird af but it could be the normal epi thing.

I feel cool about Mac, too.

Russ feels very honest too.

Everyone else is whatever.

No idea who to vote for. I'm tempted to park my vote on this juicy TH wagon that seems to be starting to form. I miss super happy and casual TH (though he did make some posts like that in D0). Mac could be onto something that triggered TH is bad.

But I see nutella and TSP on it? Neither of them have yet to earn places my civ pile. DO NOT WANT.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nah I'm cool I'm cool. If I seem triggered it's because townie TH often feels misunderstood, or like, I don't give myself the benefit of the doubt from others, if that makes any sense. I also feel pressure to make the right reads, which I'd like to change about my playstyle so I can play calmer
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pm Speaking of wasting posts, dunya just posted 5 times in a row - maybe combine those all into one? :eye:
so? they were all relevant as they came up. and combining posts on my phone is not possible, i can only do it on my laptop. and i'm not worried about post count, there's lots of townies here and no one wants to be washed out by someone who makes newspaper posts every time they post. even 1 good to-the-point post is worth a lot more than ramblings and echos that everyone has already discussed or said. this game gives a chance for everyone to do their part and chip in and be heard so don't expect newspapers more than once a day.
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pmTo state this even more strongly - dunya's 5th post of the game started with "oh cool, town mp is on my team. that's a relief." I have a slight town read on MP right now, but it's D1 and you're willing to 100% clear him? I remember MP's meta being that he's slightly more likely to read people as town if they read him as town, and given that he was already gettign some cred from Sloonei eariler, it seems like dunya may be trying to get in his good graces here. Dunya, maybe explain a little better why you think MP is bona fide 100% civvie?
who said i 100% towncleared him? who said i can't pass out town reads and take them away when they prove to be wrong? who said this? who makes those rules? :confused: this is how i play. my strategy is forming as many town reads as i can. it's the most effective way to hunt for scum, because paranoia makes everyone look scummy, even genuine townies. when i can't find town in someone, then you worry. :)
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pm dunya, can you clarify more why you "hate" Epi's interpretation of the D0-D1 post count rules? It sounds like a vast proportion of the players misunderstood them, and when he realized he had, he immediately backed off and said it blew up his case.
because his case used things like "MP complaining about counting votes, but he's an accounting professor, so fake!" -- that's so incredibly silly and i felt like it was a built-up strawman case with points added just to amplify the number of words on the case.
Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pmI could see this being more of "attack anyone who attacks MP to get in his good graces" like what I mentioned above.
why do i care in the least to be in MP's good graces? :ponder: is that what you're doing with your very wishy washy "why is dunya giving MP towncred" but adding a quick disclaimer that "he's town for me too!" lol. hypocricy much? who cares if i say slight, much, a little before i say town?

if anything your posts about MP and me reeks of tmi as though you know for certain MP is town and trying to spin the narrative that i'm trying to pocket him. :eye: very bad look for you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Mac's bad fam we should probably lynch him. Saying interesting things doesn't make someone town, he's reverse engineering town reads
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:05 pm Image

Post count ceilings for Day 1:

26 - Dragon D. Luffy
28 - dunya
34 - Epignosis
26 - G-Man
29 - M Plus 7
28 - MacDougall
30 - NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
30 - nutella
29 - Russtifinko
28 - sig
31 - Sloonei
26 - speedchuck
29 - TonyStarkPrime
28 - Turnip Head

Jiggy pursuits are now underway, and your 4-liners actually count.
I am an idiot - should have realized this way sooner. It looks like however many posts we made on D0 got added to our D1 totals. So for example, I posted 4 times on D0 so got 25+4 to work with today. Epi posted 9 times D0, so gets 25+9 today.
uh no, the numbers are the limits you can reach if you go out to the forum an click on the number url in the "replies" column. every day jay will likely get our post tally and add 25 or however many we're allowed based on jiggys, then it helps you keep track of the number of posts you can make a day and for him to make sure no one overposted. for instance, i have 13 (14 after i post this) and am allowed 28 so only 14 more before end of day.
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 pm I was talking about the mindset ham
what does this mean? in like plain english lol. im not sure i understand.
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:23 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 pm But that's not what I did fam
I don't understand this and I need someone to vote for other than MP so [VOTE: th] aubergine I don't buy your reasoning for suspecting dunya
you voted for him without understanding his reason for voting for me? wait what?
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
that is an oddly specific thing to say, in a game where the host in signups said he realizes post count limitations is mafia-favored and he'd balance that. :ponder:
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 pm Yeah I played against him in Assassin's Creed where I was bad and he was town, so I know exactly what he's capable of. He's just posting reads lists, that won't help him find baddies, it just makes him look like a fun guy.
i actually agree. the read lists are more ego stroking than actual definitive "i have beefs with you and these are it" lists. the scum suspects are mostly the inactives. seems oddly specific.

well it's saturday so i hope we see more of [mention]G-Man[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How does him balancing to overcome it prevent the human experience of it?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:00 am
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 pm I was talking about the mindset ham
what does this mean? in like plain english lol. im not sure i understand.
I actually think you would have understood what I meant if you were bad and doing the thing I was accusing you of, so you can ignore it lol
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 am How does him balancing to overcome it prevent the human experience of it?
i don't understand? you said: "expect the scum to have action paralysis" to me, that implies role restrictions. what did you mean?

after rereading sloonei im undecided. i sense there's some reservation in his posts that i know scum sloonei is known for, but with the post restrictions, i can't tell if that's because of the limitations or because he actually is scum sloonei. but avoiding some stuff and choosing what to comment on without weighing in on things happening makes me hesitant. putting me and nutella in the same undecided could be town could not be category didn't sit right with me either. i don't see anywhere where he's questioned or called out anything i've said. indeed, he's gone this far without addressing me or commenting about me at all before his rainbow!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I mean that the having to write poetry would be a challenge that would cause scum to underpost.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

you wrote all TH has done is sheep people. where is that? i looked for it and didn't see it.

his first opinion was to say sig wasn't bad. everyone else was piling on sig. he went against the flow.

he voted MP with others, but then was the first to provide a counterargument and unvote.

he poked and voted for me on his own.

he voted for you and is pushing for your lynch for reasons he created entirely.

spicy hot take: mac and nutella and sloonei are bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bad take Dunya.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:05 pm [VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine
Send him to heaven
Where the angels won't weep
Our souls to keep
TH first vote. Votes against MP one post after Epi cases him.

Return to “Previous Rackets”