Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Re: Space Invaders [Day 0]

Post by Carotenoid »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:49 pm in fact, i hate the whole concept of a public save pool now that it makes it 10 instead of 6. It wastes too many bunker saves and wish I could delete a lot of posts to hide my shameful math fail.
Lol that's okay. :p
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm usually a bad sign = usually I'm wrong about how things are going. but I'd be happy to be right
Hmmmn is this a "prepare tinfoil theory" post?
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am
* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)
Hi.

I'm Epignosis. :grin:
Hi, nice to meet you!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Epignosis »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:00 am its weird to me that literally everyone be scumreading long con and the epi person r u guys metaing or wat. cuz im not seeing how r they so obv scummy but could be wrong idk
"the epi person?"

:pout:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 pm I had the same issue on mobile. If you flip it to landscape mode, the buttons on the left hand side show up so you should be able to iso without going to page 1.

The lack of engagement with my grand plan to repulse the alien threat makes me sad.

Either people didnt read it, read it but didnt understand it and dont want to ask questions, or they are aliens who are scared of the grand plan.

town coming together with an agreed game plan is important in this setup. Having everyone go maverick/solo/secret night actions all the time is massively anti town imo. There isnt even any real benefit to individual scum hunting.

You either project town to Nutella or you dont. Beyond this, you try and figure out the best way to help town win.

The number of purely defensive posts is surprising to me, particularly from people with huge post counts (who i expect should know better).

If these people are going to come out with some awesome strat later on, I will sit down and shut up, but until then, should I not expect constructive posts on day 0? Is this like meme day 0 on forums?

To summarise again:

Assuming Day 0 (no shoot) --> Day 1 (laser shoot) --> Night 1 (alient 1KP)

We just need Nutella to rng 3 people from the 14 to bunker save Nutella, no exceptions. These people confirm receipt of the instruction from Nutella and nobody else stacks/wastes bunker saves on Nutella.

For the math, this is 1 minus (4/14 x 3/13 x 2/12) = 1 – 24/2184 = 98.9% because the only permutation where we lose laser Night 1, is if we rng 3 aliens. That is 3 bunker saves used out of a total of 40.
[If laser shoots a town on Day 1, the math changes slightly to 4/13 x 3/12 x 2/11, so we get 24/1,716, so 1.4% chance we insta lose first night. I am still okay with that. Odds get lower than 1.1% if laser shoots alien day 1. Either way, its so low, we shouldnt care about it.]

For the second part, I suggest we nominate 4 additional people to be bunker saved and identify who will save them. Nutella to nominate if town consensus cannot be found. What does this all achieve?

Without a grand plan, aliens POE into 10 bunkers plus Laser.

With this plan, aliens can ONLY POE into 6 potential players which is now also known to town.

4 of the players are "safe" due to being actually saved or proxy saved because an alien was allocated to bunker someone on a 1KP night. At this stage, we have used 7 bunker saves so far.

This leaves our pool of random bunker shots who I think should save at an average rate something between 1/2 and 1 per night per random bunker with higher weighting to bunker saving on early days to reduce chances of dying with high bunker saves remaining.

What does this result in?

We get much cleaner info on saves, which helps Nutella make more informed day shots.

Assuming about half the unallocated savers bunker into the POE, this means we get a decent shot at finding a save, AND when saved, we should be able to narrow it down to 1 to 3 people. Because there were 6 people in the POE for aliens, nobody died, and only 3 people got bunkered for example. Think how massively more helpful this is than everyone doinf their own thing and landing save where POE was 10 people. The chances of landing a save in the first place is smaller, the chance of stacking bunkers (a waste on a 1KP night), and even if you DO land a save, you now have a larger POE of potential town who got saved.
If I was laser lady I'd shoot you just to save time.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

No I'm not tinfoiling anyone yet. I might soon.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:18 pmAlso unsure whether it is beneficial/worthwhile to indicate my personal town/alien reads since the only ones that matter are Nutellas takes anyway. I dont hate Nutella's latest reads so think I am happy to coast a little while.
Yes, it is imo. If we're not giving reads we're basically asking Nut to solve the game herself, which is both unfair and boring. Also, I think all sparks of discussion in terms of reads helps the game get going and moving, which again makes it easier to solve. I'm never a fan of holding back. My however many cents.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 pm I also think this game is sorting very easily and day 1 hasn't started yet which is usually a bad sign
I feel kind of good about it actually. I tend to have not horrible D1 reads, overall. Actually the earlier the better =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 pmIf I was laser lady I'd shoot you just to save time.

Maybe even towny
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:40 pm No I'm not tinfoiling anyone yet. I might soon.
Hmn okay, what does your reads look like at the moment? You didn't leave much of them for the moment.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 am Mac isn’t in this game??

What a fucking rip off I want my money back
[mention]Dragomir[/mention] was replaced by [mention]MacDougall[/mention]

Refund denied.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh cool. We get a scum!Mac instead. I'm all for \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Mac is in this game??

What a fucking rip off I want my money back
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hoooooooo boy
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 pm Are you voting Epi cos he's super cool or cos your stance is to shoot him? Just wanna clarify.

I meant like, player 1: protects player 2
Player 2: protects player 3
And did forth. For the odd number of night where there's only 1 kill and 1 protect would save nutella it's not thaaaaat bad an idea. clearly, I will protect nutella cos I don't trust all the rest of y'all not to pull one on me :p
Yeah, that works for like one round, then we run out of protects because each protect is one-shot.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

ok, misread the OP - I thought each Bunker could only protect once. Apparently they have 4 shots. Still not enough to waste them on a mass protect of every player in the game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 pm ok, misread the OP - I thought each Bunker could only protect once. Apparently they have 4 shots. Still not enough to waste them on a mass protect of every player in the game.
I'm sad you're scum this game. =(
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 pm ok, misread the OP - I thought each Bunker could only protect once. Apparently they have 4 shots. Still not enough to waste them on a mass protect of every player in the game.
hmmmmmn
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay so I'm not the only one who thought that mightve been a slip. XD
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm
I'm sad you're scum this game. =(
I'm really not
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:36 pmI'm really not
Time will reveal all. You cannot escape time!

But also, ok, then tell me who is!
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm Okay so I'm not the only one who thought that mightve been a slip. XD
It's not a slip. :P In games with open setups, if I forgot or am confused about some aspect of the game, I usually refer to the OP to check the game mechanics rather than my role PM so I don't have to leave the thread. I've done it both as town and scum before.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:37 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:36 pmI'm really not
Time will reveal all. You cannot escape time!

But also, ok, then tell me who is!
I'm still catching up (as you can tell from the posts I quoted). I'll keep you up to date as I read.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:37 pm It's not a slip. :P In games with open setups, if I forgot or am confused about some aspect of the game, I usually refer to the OP to check the game mechanics rather than my role PM so I don't have to leave the thread. I've done it both as town and scum before.
That's fine, but you're still likely to be scum tbh tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going to bed. Good night, all. ^^
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

But okay, do your catching-up because it needs to be really solid now
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:24 am maybe this is a bit too early but i also townread nanook for their low effort one-liner quips and lowkey trolling / lack of discussing in good faith
I don't understand why this is a reason to TR nanook? It feels NAI to me. Is this nanook meta or something?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:05 pm
(yes, I know it doesn't do anything, I just want to make it clear what my stance is from day to day)
Why do you feel the need to say this? Ppl already know that D0 votes work like this.
I mean, this is my first time playing on the site, I don't have any clue what people do or don't know so I opted for clarity since it costs me nothing. D0s are not standard practice in any site I've played in before.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:05 pm
(yes, I know it doesn't do anything, I just want to make it clear what my stance is from day to day)
Why do you feel the need to say this? Ppl already know that D0 votes work like this.
I was JUST thinking about that, and why I put Alison at the bottom of my good pile.

It felt like a slightly forced entry to show people she is already hunting. We don't know why she finds epi worthy of a vote or anything else. Didn't like that part tbh.
?

I literally explained right after my vote why I thought Epi's plan was bad and would give the mafia an advantage. It should be self-evident why I think that is a scummy thing to do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Post by MacDougall »

I'm just here to make up numbers. Someone tell me what to do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm Okay so I'm not the only one who thought that mightve been a slip. XD
It's not a slip. :P In games with open setups, if I forgot or am confused about some aspect of the game, I usually refer to the OP to check the game mechanics rather than my role PM so I don't have to leave the thread. I've done it both as town and scum before.
Where did you slip? Plz explain?
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:05 am im confirmed derp cleared town. i was towny regardless. haters can eat my dab
I don't think many people would have the ability to project this amount of brashness as wolf, so I'm putting tutuu in my tentative townpile for now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am potatoing this. Yeet me if you want idc.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Am currently at the top of page 4. My townpile is tutuu and nanook and my scumpile is nobody.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:51 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:48 pm OMG coffee tell lock scum tbh

Didn't I even see a coffee tell in my champs game and then proceeded to NOT point it out and then the guy was scum or am I just fantasising?
you're not, it happened.

it would be HILARIOUS if epi just coffee-telled tho. i'm telling you, i would die. :biggrin:

epi x dragomir x rej x alison
Y'all goofy.

If it were afternoon, I'd be going for whiskey or beer space fuel. Or vodka. Or gin.

Fact is I woke up and we have a French Press and we let it steep 30 minutes or more. dunya knows this. nutella knows this.

This is no more a tell than the shit thing (which I also did- twice).

But I encourage you to shoot me to disprove bullshit tells. I like that more than winning Mafia games.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:07 pm I uh

Actually think >rand Epi is mafia
Thanks for you contribution.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
My nuts mishot three times.

Ended up with Simon, Abigail and Ephraim. :pout:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 pm Reads:

Town:
Tutu - Towny posts, good reasoning and mulling over of reads. I see nothing wrong.
Proto - Can be town for placing themselves in a position of handing out town cred to people. Making themselves the judge - towny thing.
Dunya - Probably town, and I really want her to be or else I fear it will be very difficult. Seems very proactive and starts getting reads asap. Only played with her once and I was scum that game, but she started giving reads asap there too. Be town.
Nanook - I don't think I've ever seen Nanook as scum, but gut vibe too stronk. I just liked the "Oh no, let's not be embarrassed" and also wanting to come up with a better plan but not having it yet. Just seemed genuine.

Townish:
Carot - I liked her aufhouahdfoajfpo and her reentrance to the thread.
LC - I kind of agree with Tutu's reasoning for town leaning on him. Him assuming scum would target Nut every night. Don't see anything wrong with his posts.
Tony - Maybe ever so slightly, cause I feel like he wanted to take control over strategy in a way that seemed towny. Not just following.

Null:
Epi - I really don't know.
Soneji - No comment.
Alison - I don't know yet. Not great tbh.
Rej - Also not great. Rej was an easy town read for me in a game way back I remember. I get nothing here.
Bimbo - Hi

Scummy:
Drag - Much scum wow. Haven't liked his posts. Feels like he's TMI-ing on Carot, scummy in interaction with Dunya. Also Dunya is never wrong, and if she is it's her fault and not mine.
Bullshit.
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 pm Nut, you have to talk to me if you're going to suspect me. Or else this is all on you.
More bullshit.

Why is it on nutella to tell you what to do?
Alison

Post by Alison »

ok, just finished page 4. dunya can be in the town pile too.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:50 pm uh i think i misgendered epi sry
Lord, Master will do.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Aliens Among Us

(bet most of you didn't know fucking Mario Party had one of the best space songs)

Unfortunately, the aliens had seen it coming.

Having observed the human civilization for years before the invasion, they had a clear idea of the humans' potential for war. They knew Earth was on the verge of creating strong enough technology to be able to repel an alien invasion. That is why they were invading now, before they lost their window of opportunity.

And they brought counter-measures.

Suddenly, the flying saucers changed forms. Instead of their obvious alien appearances, they now looked like the carriers that humanity was using to rescue their own and take them to bunkers. Or they looked like the military fighters that were being deployed to keep the flying saucers busy while the laser cannon was being prepared to shoot.

Earthlings now had an additional challenge: to figure out which targets were enemies and which ones were aliens. A shot at the wrong target could be fatal to humanity's hopes of survival.

Day 1 Begins!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I don't find Alison genuine.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have posted a poll, but it has no gameplay effect. It is merely to help players organize their opinions. Nutella has the option to follow the poll result if she wants it or not.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh, cool
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:02 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
if you're town don't look so scummy ldo :shrug2:
No, for real. This is not good enough and just annoying tbh. You're confirmed town. Cool. But don't be giving me that. If you think I'm scummy please let me know why so I can respond if I feel it will help, at least before you shoot me. If you still think I'm scummy, then cool ig. I'm not used to being suspected when I'm town tbh, so I'm taken aback a little. =p
I've quoted a couple things that I found scummy from you. Your recent posts trend up. Just keep doing what you're doing.

If I were to choose my shot at this very moment it would be more likely Drago or Epi than you.
If you shot me, I wouldn't be mad.

You would be though.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 pm Reads:

Town:
Tutu - Towny posts, good reasoning and mulling over of reads. I see nothing wrong.
Proto - Can be town for placing themselves in a position of handing out town cred to people. Making themselves the judge - towny thing.
Dunya - Probably town, and I really want her to be or else I fear it will be very difficult. Seems very proactive and starts getting reads asap. Only played with her once and I was scum that game, but she started giving reads asap there too. Be town.
Nanook - I don't think I've ever seen Nanook as scum, but gut vibe too stronk. I just liked the "Oh no, let's not be embarrassed" and also wanting to come up with a better plan but not having it yet. Just seemed genuine.

Townish:
Carot - I liked her aufhouahdfoajfpo and her reentrance to the thread.
LC - I kind of agree with Tutu's reasoning for town leaning on him. Him assuming scum would target Nut every night. Don't see anything wrong with his posts.
Tony - Maybe ever so slightly, cause I feel like he wanted to take control over strategy in a way that seemed towny. Not just following.

Null:
Epi - I really don't know.
Soneji - No comment.
Alison - I don't know yet. Not great tbh.
Rej - Also not great. Rej was an easy town read for me in a game way back I remember. I get nothing here.
Bimbo - Hi

Scummy:
Drag - Much scum wow. Haven't liked his posts. Feels like he's TMI-ing on Carot, scummy in interaction with Dunya. Also Dunya is never wrong, and if she is it's her fault and not mine.
dyslexicon is scum with drago for this post
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 amLong Con – Alien. Cant believe they called themselves a bunkerman instead of a bunker person. Consider myself triggered.
But... I AM a man. I identify as a man. :shrug:
And I bet you don't watch David Letterperson. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm I also think that nobody except Nutella should be saved, full stop. Including self saves.
That's dumb and you know it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

this "you'll all regret shooting me" stuff from epi is super forced

epi, dys, drago and one more
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:04 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am 2 persons pinged me as bad for the moment :

* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)
* Long Con's posts are 3/4 defense and 1/4 dubious mechanic talk, not good.

tutuu
seems the most town to me and I'm still sorting the others
Epi’s town, I think. I have no read on tutuu.
Why?

Also sorry seems like I failed something with my quote on my last post ^^'
Epi’s town because he’s like . Almost TMIed himself as town. It just feels like a mindset thing. I can’t explain it and I’ve been tricked before but Epi seems to just be town.
This also makes no sense, Tony.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:18 pm this "you'll all regret shooting me" stuff from epi is super forced

epi, dys, drago and one more
What does "forced" look like when it isn't "super forced?"
Alison

Post by Alison »

i still think that a fixed protection strategy is just going to let the mafia know who is safe to kill and I think a high degree of randomness/autonomy in who to use your protect on is more likely to be correct. you can organize a specific defense plan for nutella if you want, that is reasonable, but the rest of the protects should be left to the decision of the bunker so the mafia don't know who they can and can't kill

Return to “Previous Heists”