LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm yea i actually liked hyenas longish post i just quoted. i can buy that as a genuine thought process
What did you think was genuine specifically?
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm also this game still exists. is hyena actually scum? should i be tr’ing mp just for giving me warm fuzzies? all will be revealed
I think I liked that Hyena response I got. What do you think of it?
i also liked it, yea
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 pm someone tell me how i should be reading mp. im nervous im being pocketed
How are you reading me though?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Hally! Yeah, I got to it just now. XD

Thanks for responding anyway. Is there anything you want my opinion on?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:42 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:36 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:34 pm like i dont think either of them actually expects the wagon for the other to get off the ground, or their reason for voting to be taken particularly seriously.
So, like, this thought and, in general, all the ones about me and Hally being scum together are, I think, genuine, even if I don't know if it's alignment indicative or not. :3 For a brief moment after I started accusing Hally the way I did, I was a little worried that it might be taken as two scum bussing since there are people I'd do that with if I were scum with them (Evenstar from last years MU Champs, for example).
This post is either very good or very bad.
What do you mean?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:02 pm sabie seems like she’s really struggling to get into the game but idk if that’s scummy or just because of irl stress
IRL stress. Doing two jobs at once and trying to train a new employee and just started 2 new support groups plus some other family drama stuff. It sure has been a week but just keep moving forward. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get into games initially as well. I'll get there I'm working on it.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm what if hyena is town and mp is scum pocketing me over my incorrect hyena sus?
For not having a reason to call me scum you're certainly speculating on it quite often. Is there something I can do?
idk i’m just kinda paranoid about how quickly you tr me and wondering if it was a genuine attempt to solve my alignment or just trying to win me over. i know im very susceptible to being pocketed because of my personality so i get wary when i feel like someone might be doing that. and outside of tr’ing me there isn’t much to read you on. but i know you’re busy
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:28 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm hyena, jic you missed it, i asked what your actual reads are if you have any
Oh, I haven't started generating any reads yet. I'm still, like, figuring out people. I like you and Mist though. Probably you a little more since Mist hasn't really done anything AI yet from my perspective (sorry, Mist ;-;).
I seem to remember you getting to action more quickly before. Why are you taking it slowly here?

Also, I think you're right, it must have been that game! Hahaha that's the only game I've been wolf here since my return and it wasn't even my original rand because of the zombie sub-in. Gosh that feels like ages ago, doesn't it?
Yeah, I usually try to get to action as quickly as I can, but a couple of factors in game are stopping me from doing so at the moment. The two main ones are 1. I haven't had a chance to interact with everyone yet, which means I don't have a complete picture of the game yet, and 2. the small size of this game, which is making me feel like I have to be more accurate with my reads early on since we could be in LYLO as soon as tomorrow.

For #1, I feel like the only people I really have thorough interactions with is Hally (who I've had the most interaction with), Cayvie (who I haven't directly interacted with yet), and Mist (who I don't need as much interaction with since I've got a lot of experience with her). Outside my interactions, the only heavy interacting between two people that I know that's happening without rereading the thread is between you and Hally. What I'd like to see is more interactions between people I haven't seen interact yet. Of the people I named above, I'd really like to see you and Mist interact right now, because I don't know how you two as a pair fit into this whole game just yet.

Even if those interactions did occur though, that still leaves Tony, Scirrus, and Sabie, who I've got pretty much nothing on? Wanna know why I'm fencesitting on the people I've made genuine reads on so far? Because I don't know how Tony, Scirrus, and Sabie are going to fit into the whole equation yet. Everyone outside of those three could be town for all I know. Thus, based on the incomplete picture that I've got right now, I'm just taking guesses right now.

How #2 plays into this though is that because of the low number of players and the number of yeets/night kills/vig shots that we all potentially have this game, I feel more nervous about sticking to my guns because I don't think I can afford to be wrong as often as I usually can. In a normal 9+ player game, we at least have two days where we can miss on hitting scum without losing. That's not the case here. I feel like we have to make sure we hit mafia either today, tonight (with a vig shot), or tomorrow. If anything, I think the low number of players makes me more nervous about the game than the flipless mechanic.
Hey Hyena, I'm not sure I understand why you want to see Mist and me specifically, can you elaborate on that?

I appreciate the response, thank you.
Well, I mean, do you know Mist's alignment already? If not, are you interested in figuring it out? Is Mist interested in figuring out yours? I don't know any of these things based on the lack of interaction between you two.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm Annnnd I'm caught up, okay!

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

Thinkin my vote goes here right now. By and large I agree with my fellow IC TSP. Cayvie had an awkward entry, awkward interjection in the Hally/Hyena thing, and instant why me fry me when TSP scumreads her, while pointing only to Hyena (looking like LHF town to me) as a suspect. Pretty level 1 stuff but it is what I have right now.

MP7 is definitely an outlier. Hard to say whether that's due to personality (Fire type, wow!) and lack of time or being mafia. I share Hally's suspicion of the pocket attempt but don't think it worked. Also a very weird response, seeming to not understand TSP is calling her + cayvie as vote candidates? Also she called Hyena "self-resolving" which makes me go hmmmmmmmmm.

Sabie doesn't have much down still. Would appreciate some discussion with her. Sabie, who do you think is mafia and why? What do you think about the use of subtitles in the original Star Wars trilogy, and their absence for R2-D2 and Chewbacca?

Minor Mist tinfoil but mostly feeling good there. Think Hally is town, their state of mind is palpable.

Hyena... is hard to follow for me but in a way that makes me think they are town. The thoughts seem genuine, as the kids say, and unagenda'd. "I was worried I would look w/w with Hally because if Evenstar was in this game and we were w/w Evenstar would bus me" is a heck of a take to manufacture.
How does Hyena look like LHF?

What do you mean by me being an outlier? What do you mean by don't think it worked? Where did I not understand TSP saying that? Based on my experience with Hyena, he was pretty obvious town part-way through the game so...?

Why are you mostly feeling good about Mist?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:48 pm ok ran is probably town
But why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:58 pm IC claims, imo, work a lot like the council of joats for those who understand that reference, it's not really a problem to have multiples on day 1 or even later. I felt it was correct to policy claim it on a sub-in as town, and did... in retrospect too bombastic of an entry, worried this was going to be a high volume high pressure game like my previous MU encounters. This is much chiller and I'm super happy about that.

I don't know if TSP is the real one or not. I do like his posting, and in particular dropping "cayvie+mp7" as suspects right when he did is enough of a mindmeld (in the proper use, in the past and with zero prompting from my slot) for me to put him in effective never-yeet regardless.
I don't understand that reference. Mind elaborating?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:34 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm yea i actually liked hyenas longish post i just quoted. i can buy that as a genuine thought process
i liked the part about how he felt he didn’t have a full map of the game because he hadn’t interacted with a lot of ppl yet. i felt that because i also make reads primarily through interaction and have been feeling similarly stifled by ppl not being around much
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pmI am an out of place object in the Syndicate/MU forum mafia world, a Samurai Jack-esque castaway out of time who learned the game over a decade ago, took a long break from it and only recently returned to the field. I don't put wolves in boxes. I plinko board my thoughts. I think the phrase "process of elimination" is anathema to town success. I think a low number of large contentful posts is better than a flood of one liners. I find playing town much more stressful than playing scum and am geared to catch wily wolves rather than potato wolves. My process is very different, in many ways the exact opposite, of what seems to have become the norm in this strange new world. Some of you will probably not understand me, and that's fine. Some of you may be tempted to scumread me solely on playstyle, that's a little less fine. Keep an open mind, and we can work together and benefit from our different perspectives.
I actually feel a sense of relief reading this. :D I'm often put in boxes as both alignments, so knowing that you don't do the boxing thing makes me happy. Unfortunately, I am a PoE kind of player, even if I do end changing my PoE day by day (sometimes multiple times later in the game!). I definitely relate to feeling more stressed playing as town than as scum. I don't have to worry about being correct as scum. :D
Hyena, what do you mean by often put in boxes?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 pm someone tell me how i should be reading mp. im nervous im being pocketed
i don’t knooooooow :|
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 pm
Hey, MP, how should we be reading you right now?
Sorry, I feel like I'm being extra dense tonight. What do you mean?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm Hey Hally! Yeah, I got to it just now. XD

any thoughts on cayvie? or ran’s entrance? or maybe sabie (heh that rhymes)?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 pm Definitely agree, MP7 is very nice

but may be mafia
This could be said about everyone in the game, yeah?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:02 pm sabie seems like she’s really struggling to get into the game but idk if that’s scummy or just because of irl stress
IRL stress. Doing two jobs at once and trying to train a new employee and just started 2 new support groups plus some other family drama stuff. It sure has been a week but just keep moving forward. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get into games initially as well. I'll get there I'm working on it.
ok :hug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm MP7 is definitely an outlier. Hard to say whether that's due to personality (Fire type, wow!) and lack of time or being mafia. I share Hally's suspicion of the pocket attempt but don't think it worked. Also a very weird response, seeming to not understand TSP is calling her + cayvie as vote candidates? Also she called Hyena "self-resolving" which makes me go hmmmmmmmmm.
Oh! I remember seeing the "Hyena is self-resolving" comment and scratching me head at it. Like, considering how much suspicion was being thrown my way, I would've thought I'd be the least self-resolving person right now.
I was talking about in general.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:44 pm
But why?
our reads seem to align pretty closely atm
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:28 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:23 pm hyena still looking like pr though
Maybe MP thinks I look like a PR too and that's why she said I'm self-resolving?
I do not think that, no.

I don't think people understood any of that post I made, which is totally fine, but like... ask me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:36 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 pm ok town core is me/mist/tony/ran

poe is mp/cayvie/sabie

hyena swing slot but lean town
What if Mist and I are the team? :D Or Tony and I?
Why are you asking this? Lmao.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm what if hyena is town and mp is scum pocketing me over my incorrect hyena sus?
For not having a reason to call me scum you're certainly speculating on it quite often. Is there something I can do?
idk i’m just kinda paranoid about how quickly you tr me and wondering if it was a genuine attempt to solve my alignment or just trying to win me over. i know im very susceptible to being pocketed because of my personality so i get wary when i feel like someone might be doing that. and outside of tr’ing me there isn’t much to read you on. but i know you’re busy
Is there anything I can do to assist with the underlined, like... any post(s) specifically in interactions with you that you would like me to talk more about or something?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

She was pretty low-posty (with no connotation intended) from what I remember but that was ages ago.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:52 pm
Is there anything I can do to assist with the underlined, like... any post(s) specifically in interactions with you that you would like me to talk more about or something?
well can you talk about why you tr me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm hyena, jic you missed it, i asked what your actual reads are if you have any
Oh, I haven't started generating any reads yet. I'm still, like, figuring out people. I like you and Mist though. Probably you a little more since Mist hasn't really done anything AI yet from my perspective (sorry, Mist ;-;).
I seem to remember you getting to action more quickly before. Why are you taking it slowly here?

Also, I think you're right, it must have been that game! Hahaha that's the only game I've been wolf here since my return and it wasn't even my original rand because of the zombie sub-in. Gosh that feels like ages ago, doesn't it?
Yeah, I usually try to get to action as quickly as I can, but a couple of factors in game are stopping me from doing so at the moment. The two main ones are 1. I haven't had a chance to interact with everyone yet, which means I don't have a complete picture of the game yet, and 2. the small size of this game, which is making me feel like I have to be more accurate with my reads early on since we could be in LYLO as soon as tomorrow.

For #1, I feel like the only people I really have thorough interactions with is Hally (who I've had the most interaction with), Cayvie (who I haven't directly interacted with yet), and Mist (who I don't need as much interaction with since I've got a lot of experience with her). Outside my interactions, the only heavy interacting between two people that I know that's happening without rereading the thread is between you and Hally. What I'd like to see is more interactions between people I haven't seen interact yet. Of the people I named above, I'd really like to see you and Mist interact right now, because I don't know how you two as a pair fit into this whole game just yet.

Even if those interactions did occur though, that still leaves Tony, Scirrus, and Sabie, who I've got pretty much nothing on? Wanna know why I'm fencesitting on the people I've made genuine reads on so far? Because I don't know how Tony, Scirrus, and Sabie are going to fit into the whole equation yet. Everyone outside of those three could be town for all I know. Thus, based on the incomplete picture that I've got right now, I'm just taking guesses right now.

How #2 plays into this though is that because of the low number of players and the number of yeets/night kills/vig shots that we all potentially have this game, I feel more nervous about sticking to my guns because I don't think I can afford to be wrong as often as I usually can. In a normal 9+ player game, we at least have two days where we can miss on hitting scum without losing. That's not the case here. I feel like we have to make sure we hit mafia either today, tonight (with a vig shot), or tomorrow. If anything, I think the low number of players makes me more nervous about the game than the flipless mechanic.
Hey Hyena, I'm not sure I understand why you want to see Mist and me specifically, can you elaborate on that?

Well, I mean, do you know Mist's alignment already? If not, are you interested in figuring it out? Is Mist interested in figuring out yours? I don't know any of these things based on the lack of interaction between you two.
Those questions are loaded as fuck. I get your point though I guess, but like, I've barely interacted with half the game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm
Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm really out of it right now. Remembering why I'm on a break tbh.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 pm
Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm really out of it right now. Remembering why I'm on a break tbh.
i don’t find you annoying nw!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:34 pm
i liked the part about how he felt he didn’t have a full map of the game because he hadn’t interacted with a lot of ppl yet. i felt that because i also make reads primarily through interaction and have been feeling similarly stifled by ppl not being around much
Okay, this makes sense, thanks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:47 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm Hey Hally! Yeah, I got to it just now. XD

any thoughts on cayvie? or ran’s entrance? or maybe sabie (heh that rhymes)?
Let me ISO cayvie momentarily actually.

Ran's entrance is fine I guess? I need to talk to her I think, our brains probably aren't very similar and that's okay!

Sabie seems genuinely perturbed but I'm not sure how to gain anything alignment-indicative. Maybe I'll quickly ISO her too and see if I can pick at anything.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:49 pm
But why?
our reads seem to align pretty closely atm
Oh, I see!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm
TL;DR version is: effort, genuine, I really liked our interactions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 pm
Okay, I'm glad! Thanks. I feel like emotionally worn right now and it's showing hahaha.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pmI am an out of place object in the Syndicate/MU forum mafia world, a Samurai Jack-esque castaway out of time who learned the game over a decade ago, took a long break from it and only recently returned to the field. I don't put wolves in boxes. I plinko board my thoughts. I think the phrase "process of elimination" is anathema to town success. I think a low number of large contentful posts is better than a flood of one liners. I find playing town much more stressful than playing scum and am geared to catch wily wolves rather than potato wolves. My process is very different, in many ways the exact opposite, of what seems to have become the norm in this strange new world. Some of you will probably not understand me, and that's fine. Some of you may be tempted to scumread me solely on playstyle, that's a little less fine. Keep an open mind, and we can work together and benefit from our different perspectives.
I actually feel a sense of relief reading this. :D I'm often put in boxes as both alignments, so knowing that you don't do the boxing thing makes me happy. Unfortunately, I am a PoE kind of player, even if I do end changing my PoE day by day (sometimes multiple times later in the game!). I definitely relate to feeling more stressed playing as town than as scum. I don't have to worry about being correct as scum. :D
Hyena, what do you mean by often put in boxes?
Boxing, as in PoE'ing out the scum team. Usually, I end up in the PoE as either alignment mid to late game.
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:47 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 pm
Hey, MP, how should we be reading you right now?
Sorry, I feel like I'm being extra dense tonight. What do you mean?
Like, do you feel, from your point view, that you've done anything alignment indicative yet this game?
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm MP7 is definitely an outlier. Hard to say whether that's due to personality (Fire type, wow!) and lack of time or being mafia. I share Hally's suspicion of the pocket attempt but don't think it worked. Also a very weird response, seeming to not understand TSP is calling her + cayvie as vote candidates? Also she called Hyena "self-resolving" which makes me go hmmmmmmmmm.
Oh! I remember seeing the "Hyena is self-resolving" comment and scratching me head at it. Like, considering how much suspicion was being thrown my way, I would've thought I'd be the least self-resolving person right now.
I was talking about in general.
Oh. In that case, I still question it though. A lot of people in this game are playing with me for the first time. I don't know why they would think I'm self-resolving. In fact, the only people who I think would see me as self-resolving in this game is you and Mist. Maybe also Tony at best. I don't feel like Cayvie, Ran, Sabie, or Hally have any reason to see me as self-resolving since they don't have much experience with me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:36 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 pm ok town core is me/mist/tony/ran

poe is mp/cayvie/sabie

hyena swing slot but lean town
What if Mist and I are the team? :D Or Tony and I?
Why are you asking this? Lmao.
I wanted to see if Hally thought of the possiblity. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena, thanks. Got it re: boxes, that makes sense. That's odd to me because I feel like it'd be the opposite, but I guess my anecdotal experience could be skewed.

Re: alignment indicative, I'm not really sure. I think my random post speculating about pivotal player/yeet was not a post I'd bother faking if I were scum here, otherwise I don't think so.

Re: self-resolving comment, I don't get why this is so confusing but honestly let's just drop it. I was literally just talking about in my own perception. It was a rumination on the gamestate. I feel like no one understood it. That's on me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Those questions are loaded as fuck. I get your point though I guess, but like, I've barely interacted with half the game?
Yes, lol, those questions, and other questions I've asked, are intended to be loaded. And yes, I know you've barely interacted with half the game. I haven't either. That's why I wanted to see you and Mist interact more. :P
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 pm Hyena, thanks. Got it re: boxes, that makes sense. That's odd to me because I feel like it'd be the opposite, but I guess my anecdotal experience could be skewed.

Re: alignment indicative, I'm not really sure. I think my random post speculating about pivotal player/yeet was not a post I'd bother faking if I were scum here, otherwise I don't think so.

Re: self-resolving comment, I don't get why this is so confusing but honestly let's just drop it. I was literally just talking about in my own perception. It was a rumination on the gamestate. I feel like no one understood it. That's on me.
Okay, I'll drop it. Sorry if I'm being annoying and nitpicky. :hug: Just doing my thing and trying to figure things out. <3
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:11 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Yes, lol, those questions, and other questions I've asked, are intended to be loaded. And yes, I know you've barely interacted with half the game. I haven't either. That's why I wanted to see you and Mist interact more. :P
Hahaha, it's cool, I got it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 pm Hyena, thanks. Got it re: boxes, that makes sense. That's odd to me because I feel like it'd be the opposite, but I guess my anecdotal experience could be skewed.

Okay, I'll drop it. Sorry if I'm being annoying and nitpicky. :hug: Just doing my thing and trying to figure things out. <3
It's really okay.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:03 pm
okaaaay. but do you think i wouldnt put in effort or seem genuine as scum? like, is there anything in particular that gives you that impression or is it more a general vibe or some combination?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 pm
Okay, I'm glad! Thanks. I feel like emotionally worn right now and it's showing hahaha.
you don’t have to be here rn if you’re not feeling great! we still have a whole day
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm Annnnd I'm caught up, okay!

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

Thinkin my vote goes here right now. By and large I agree with my fellow IC TSP. Cayvie had an awkward entry, awkward interjection in the Hally/Hyena thing, and instant why me fry me when TSP scumreads her, while pointing only to Hyena (looking like LHF town to me) as a suspect. Pretty level 1 stuff but it is what I have right now.

MP7 is definitely an outlier. Hard to say whether that's due to personality (Fire type, wow!) and lack of time or being mafia. I share Hally's suspicion of the pocket attempt but don't think it worked. Also a very weird response, seeming to not understand TSP is calling her + cayvie as vote candidates? Also she called Hyena "self-resolving" which makes me go hmmmmmmmmm.

Sabie doesn't have much down still. Would appreciate some discussion with her. Sabie, who do you think is mafia and why? What do you think about the use of subtitles in the original Star Wars trilogy, and their absence for R2-D2 and Chewbacca?

Minor Mist tinfoil but mostly feeling good there. Think Hally is town, their state of mind is palpable.

Hyena... is hard to follow for me but in a way that makes me think they are town. The thoughts seem genuine, as the kids say, and unagenda'd. "I was worried I would look w/w with Hally because if Evenstar was in this game and we were w/w Evenstar would bus me" is a heck of a take to manufacture.
How does Hyena look like LHF?

What do you mean by me being an outlier? What do you mean by don't think it worked? Where did I not understand TSP saying that? Based on my experience with Hyena, he was pretty obvious town part-way through the game so...?

Why are you mostly feeling good about Mist?
So, MP7
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm thinkin mp and cayvie
This is, at least in my eyes,TSP calling you and cayvie mafia and suggesting that we vote the two of you out.
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm thinkin mp and cayvie
That would actually be a lot of fun.
And your response is "sounds like fun!"...?

Not seeing how Hyena might qualify as LHF, when they are/were vote leader, many players have been discussing them, and their own words say they're often put in the proverbial box, is strange to me. These combined strangenesses are examples of why I am viewing you as an outlier with a very different perspective of the game.

If you're unfamiliar with the "box" theory entirely, it's here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... Newcomb%29
A lot of people I've seen around the vicinity (of syndicate/MU/champs spec chat) have pointed to this article as a major influence on or description of their playstyle. I'm not so much a fan, personally.

Your pocket attempt on Hally, if it was one, did not work as Hally remained suspicious of you.

Mist's typechart exercise was a good discussion starter, she has done only one major "scummy" thing I find potentially worrisome, and other people I've sorted as town so far are also townreading her - not solidified but I'm satisfied to not vote there at the moment.

Would you say this style of asking many questions is indicative of your own general playstyle?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 pm
okaaaay. but do you think i wouldnt put in effort or seem genuine as scum? like, is there anything in particular that gives you that impression or is it more a general vibe or some combination?
Look, I'm really having trouble forming any reads. I'm just going with my gut for now and throwing tinfoil out the window. My gut likes you. I feel like it happened organically and that it was evident in real time, but I guess not. I guess you could say general vibe?

I also think yeeting the player most trying to solve the game on d1 in a flipless game is a really bad idea.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i like how we’re all so :hug: this game. i want all games to be like this
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Look, I'm really having trouble forming any reads. I'm just going with my gut for now and throwing tinfoil out the window. My gut likes you. I feel like it happened organically and that it was evident in real time, but I guess not. I guess you could say general vibe?

I also think yeeting the player most trying to solve the game on d1 in a flipless game is a really bad idea.
ok thats fair
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

cayvie's ISO is pretty funny. Otherwise I'm not totally sure I understand the Hyena/Hally train of thought exactly, but it seems to be lacking strategy to me. I don't think she's scum.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 pm
you don’t have to be here rn if you’re not feeling great! we still have a whole day
I have a lot of work to do this weekend though.

Return to “Previous Jobs”