Total votes: 13
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D1)

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:12 pm Votes are changeable, right?
There are games on syndicate where you can not change votes?
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tutuu »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:46 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pm funnygurl have you met tutuu? you two are actually so similar it's kinda scary
i haven't but i really wanna now
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Not so much anymore, but there was a time where that was the standard.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 pm One of Alison - Vulgard is scum probably, do not like the syn votes on page 3.
Why are Alison and Vulgard not the same alignment?
They can easily be together, but there's a possibility of a confirmed mafia is higher.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Not so much anymore, but there was a time where that was the standard.
Scary
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 pm One of Alison - Vulgard is scum probably, do not like the syn votes on page 3.
They can easily be together, but there's a possibility of a confirmed mafia is higher.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm [VOTE: Syn] aubergine

I checked again and they have done nothing within their five posts. These posts were all spent on talking about themselves, their first post was a comment about the OP (which is not really game-related and is unlikely to out you as mafia when you talk about it as mafia), and they come across as trying to seem relaxed in the thread. Which is probably why they are spending so much time on "settling in."

I liked nutella's start, but I have some respect for their wolfgame, so I'm not going to pull an Alison and make a weakly supported solid townread on her out of nowhere.
what kind of opportunistic hogwash is this

Of course my posts are going to talk about me when I was responding to someone specifically asking me about my play style. Bro what
I agree, Syn didn't drive the conversation to be about himself, he was responding to questions and suspicions about him.
Come to think of it, you are a lot more memorable in this game than the last one. Are you more active in this one?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pmThis was the game where LC self-voted for no reason and that confused me so much that I let him win at F3.
Just want to mention that it was not for no reason. It was to "try to save" the other villager who was one vote ahead of me. Admittedly, the stated reason of "he's worth more than I am alive" is questionable, but the action of giving away an elimination like that is so unwolfy, which is the position I successfully took the risk for.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pmThis was the game where LC self-voted for no reason and that confused me so much that I let him win at F3.
Just want to mention that it was not for no reason. It was to "try to save" the other villager who was one vote ahead of me. Admittedly, the stated reason of "he's worth more than I am alive" is questionable, but the action of giving away an elimination like that is so unwolfy, which is the position I successfully took the risk for.
Whatever it was, it broke me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Why?
:shrug: felt like it. Vul could be sheeping Alison, cause his progression on Syn is not much. He can be scum.

But Allison's reasons for scum reading Syn is not solid enough and she kinda have similar reads and reasons for me and as from the thread reply probably someone else which i haven't read myself yet, just feels a bit off.

So one of them can easily be scum, could be together, could be not.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

It was F3, with you and the other villa at 1 votes each? The scum hammered you didn't they?
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Syn »

I don't think two wolves would try and tag-team a case on D1, and have such a wide divide on the logic behind it too. Alison's case has "makes sense" value behind it, while Vulgard's simply fell apart at the slightest breeze. If they wanted to establish a mis-elim as partners, Vulgard would have surely come up with something better than what he did.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm actually my first real read is that vulgard is fishing 'cause look at their read on alison too

you're gonna need more to catch alison as a wolf she's a goat
What do you mean by "fishing?"
And I don't know that. I haven't seen Alison play at all.
"i don't like this entrance" "i don't like that entrance" "i don't like that read" when we're at rvs stage

it looks like you're trying to form reads and give an appearance of wolf hunting when a) it ain't really the time for it and b) your suspicions are of little substance atm
Mindmeldy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 pm

I checked again and they have done nothing within their five posts. These posts were all spent on talking about themselves, their first post was a comment about the OP (which is not really game-related and is unlikely to out you as mafia when you talk about it as mafia), and they come across as trying to seem relaxed in the thread. Which is probably why they are spending so much time on "settling in."

I liked nutella's start, but I have some respect for their wolfgame, so I'm not going to pull an Alison and make a weakly supported solid townread on her out of nowhere.

Of course my posts are going to talk about me when I was responding to someone specifically asking me about my play style. Bro what
I agree, Syn didn't drive the conversation to be about himself, he was responding to questions and suspicions about him.
Come to think of it, you are a lot more memorable in this game than the last one. Are you more active in this one?
Yes, I am. I didn't feel like slanking, I think it's because I've gone over a week without a mafia game. Plus some old friends are playing, so that's exciting.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Syn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 pm
I don't think two wolves would try and tag-team a case on D1, and have such a wide divide on the logic behind it too. Alison's case has "makes sense" value behind it, while Vulgard's simply fell apart at the slightest breeze. If they wanted to establish a mis-elim as partners, Vulgard would have surely come up with something better than what he did.
“Not the same alignment” implies they are not both town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:10 pm
Whatever it was, it broke me.
Remember it for the Sockys, not my last couple of scum games.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I don't think mafia would try to do a miselim stunt at the start of the day tbh, but the progression was bad indeed.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Yes, I am. I didn't feel like slanking, I think it's because I've gone over a week without a mafia game. Plus some old friends are playing, so that's exciting.
Ayy I know how it feels tbh. Not for this game but in general.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:12 pm
It was F3, with you and the other villa at 1 votes each? The scum hammered you didn't they?
Sorry, I should have said "other villager" in quotes. I was scum. Sloonei had to choose between Tony and I, and he chose wrong. There were other variables as well, some sketchiness surrounding Tony's claimed role, which I capitalized on.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I'm going back to bed actually
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:20 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:12 pm
Sorry, I should have said "other villager" in quotes. I was scum. Sloonei had to choose between Tony and I, and he chose wrong. There were other variables as well, some sketchiness surrounding Tony's claimed role, which I capitalized on.
Now it makes all the sense
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

A note to myself, I have to catch up from mid p3.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:17 pm
I don't think mafia would try to do a miselim stunt at the start of the day tbh, but the progression was bad indeed.
Also, it's Syn's first game on the site, so it would be especially predatory for them to dive on together. Not that they really need to care about that; that's an old Syndicater perspective.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:46 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pm funnygurl have you met tutuu? you two are actually so similar it's kinda scary
i haven't but i really wanna now
h-h-hi :D
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:52 pm How about "How many of the people outside of the thread are Mafia?"
This questions begs another: how many people in the thread are mafia?
And then we get to the true crux of the game: How many people in the game are mafia?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:52 pm How about "How many of the people outside of the thread are Mafia?"
This questions begs another: how many people in the thread are mafia?
And then we get to the true crux of the game: How many people in the game are mafia?
In a 16-player game we're either looking at 12 vs 4 or 13 vs 3, depending on roles and mechanics.
In a 12-player game, it's 9 vs 3 or or 10 vs 2. This is functionally a 12-player game right now, but that's not the complete picture.
I cannot begin to speculate about what the 4 out-of-thread players are doing in this game, but I doubt we're currently in an 8vs4 threadstate to start the game.
10 vs 2 in-thread and 2 vs 2 out-thread also feels unlikely.

My best guess would be 10 vs 2 / 3 vs 1, or 9 vs 3 / 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 0. Which is to say I will assume we have either 2 or 3 Mafia in this thread with us right now.

It's also possible that the entire out-of-thread crew is unaligned with either faction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 664

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have a role that can kill Long Con at any time
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Can I claim and or post in the thread
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Yes I can do both okay
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm I have a role that can kill Long Con at any time
Ha! Well, you didn't do it last time and it bit you in the ass! Just give me one phase to enjoy myself, at least.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm I have a role that can kill Long Con at any time
Dude same tho
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 pm
Dude same tho
:cloud9:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So um, I'm town and I think I'm the only one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:42 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm @nutella you were one of the out-of-thread demi-gods in Assassin's Creed. What can you tell us about that experience?
I don't remember a ton of detail but we had a discord, we could read the thread and discuss our thoughts, and we had daily choices on smaller or larger ways to influence the game (such as giving a certain player a power buff or something) and then a few phases in we entered the thread for a day and helped town solve the game and then left again :slick:
Could you guys do anything with the lynch or anything destructive from there?
I really don't remember sorry lol
You guys gave me a golden apple or something and I forget what that did, but it was something positive, and then I think you could vote on the day you were in the thread?

This was the game where LC self-voted for no reason and that confused me so much that I let him win at F3.
I'mma follow LC on the self-vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 pm So um, I'm town and I think I'm the only one.
Marmot marmot, where have you been and what is mafia? I forget how to play, please remind me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 pm So um, I'm town and I think I'm the only one.
Marmot marmot, where have you been and what is mafia? I forget how to play, please remind me.
It depends. If you're the mafia, you probably want to kill me. If you're an innocent pure townie like me, you self-vote and hope your teammates will carry you.

Which one are you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 122

Post by MacDougall »

hi marmot
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 am I'm pretty sure I have to wake up to catch at least 10-15 pages. Smh.
Looks like a no
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 pm Cue Epignosis adverb tell
What would people with poor grammar do here exactly?
Die
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:44 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm People have squinted at me for saying that I have "genuine" reads in the past, as if every read I share as town is supposed to be genuine.

So with that in mind, here's a read of unknown sincerity:

Vulgard is mafia.
I can see it. Pre-slank excuse, mech chatter, and bland greetings.
I could see Vulgard being scum but mostly because their posting looks kinda carefully controlled to be as inoffensive and trigger people's scumdars as little as possible. I had a confused reaction to that mechanic as well so I don't blame them for the mech chatter, and I think pre-slank excuses are NAI. There are very few people (in general, but especially on the Syndicate) who roll scum and then go "alright! I'm going to go and give an excuse so I can coast through D1!" Not only is this just uncommon behavior, it's also suboptimal - you allow yourself to engage in some anti-town behavior, but in exchange you lose a lot of ability to gain trust and manipulate the town. Syndicate is not a site that is afraid to exe slankers and you will win a lot more games by powerwolfing than coasting.
Maphia
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 pm
It depends. If you're the mafia, you probably want to kill me. If you're an innocent pure townie like me, you self-vote and hope your teammates will carry you.

Which one are you?
Town. I see you’ve already told us you are as well. This is wonderful news.

How do you propose we go about eliminating those who are not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:55 pm I'm going to do a host read here and say they'll rejoin us after N1 at the very latest. Having people sign up for your game and then be unable to do anything is pretty lame.
Eh, I wouldn’t trust this host read. LC and Jay only made one appearance in AC mafia.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm @nutella you were one of the out-of-thread demi-gods in Assassin's Creed. What can you tell us about that experience?
I don't remember a ton of detail but we had a discord, we could read the thread and discuss our thoughts, and we had daily choices on smaller or larger ways to influence the game (such as giving a certain player a power buff or something) and then a few phases in we entered the thread for a day and helped town solve the game and then left again :slick:
Sloonei must’ve missed the memo
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cue someone scumreading me for too many references to AC mafia in 3... 2...
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm Not really feeling Funnygurl's posts either. They feel too shitposty. Like, not in a way that comes from town. Does she always do that?
I’ve had this read about 5 times and it’s not been correct yet
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I also seem to recall Alison doing something similar. What stopped you from calling her comment "opportunistic hogwash?"
Early bird gets the tr
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:34 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm actually my first real read is that vulgard is fishing 'cause look at their read on alison too

you're gonna need more to catch alison as a wolf she's a goat
What do you mean by "fishing?"
And I don't know that. I haven't seen Alison play at all.
"i don't like this entrance" "i don't like that entrance" "i don't like that read" when we're at rvs stage

it looks like you're trying to form reads and give an appearance of wolf hunting when a) it ain't really the time for it and b) your suspicions are of little substance atm
Yeah I feel like Vulgard's takes have come off too strong for how shallow they are
Ironically he made a joke about this
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:40 pm I mean like, calling FG out for being a memey person is not a valid suspicion
Yes it is
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Maybe a town question but maybe too obvious
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Syn »

TSP is town for flooding
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”