69%
31%

Total votes: 16
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 242

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:30 pm Falcon feels good too.

BoKnows should receive some attention.
I don't disagree. I just don't know what to give attention. It's all shit posts. I don't know this player so I don't know how to take that.
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:38 pm I kinda feel like, based on thread state rn, if Jess is scum a lot of her partners are low posters

Do we know how many mafia there are btw?
This I could buy.
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:39 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:38 pm I kinda feel like, based on thread state rn, if Jess is scum a lot of her partners are low posters

I think I agree with this, if she had active partners they'd be simping for her and her biggest defenders are on "this is mostly NAI and I'm bored of it"
not just that but the only person actually pushing someone who isn't Jess is Dom, who *probably* isn't scum with Jess, lol. So, I don't think any scum is pushing outside of Jess
I mean there was the early LC push.
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm As I said in the post, it was about the nature of those attacks. There was little to no indication in those posts from Dom that he had even read my posts, especially in the post where he quoted me answering a question to say I dodged a question. Bad attacks with no thought put into them and absolute certainty coming out of them, all coming out simultaneously about the same person, the moment Dom arrived in the thread. Someone told him where to look.

You think wolves would see someone they think is an easy target and send the guy that just got to the thread to push the whole wagon on his own?
You didn't answer the question. Just because you don't know what "specific" means doesn't mean I am wrong.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 pm foresight accused him of lifting cases wholesale from scum BTSC
Check again. If I thought that, I wouldn't make special note of how people are finding a hundred different reasons to jump on me. The wolf chat only said "c4". Dom took the rest from there.
Progression cases are bad.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:30 pm Falcon feels good too.

BoKnows should receive some attention.
I don't consider BK an innocent child yet, which means that he's >rand scum.
Have you seen BK as town before tho? He's been scum on all his Syndicate games so I don't get how you can say this
I have, in game... 2 or 3 of the hydra season on MU.
Oh I didn't know he played there, carry on
for context I called him obvious town the first time I saw him and the whole game suspected him and I was very smug when he flipped town
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283

Post by staypositivefriend »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:53 pm BK is the lynch today, ok?

Check out his ISO, compare it to Shadow Corridors & Spiderverse...tell me I'm wrong.
as someone who has no meta on BK, why is he scummy?
Check out his ISO from the Spiderverse game to this game, tell me what you think.
boknow's iso in spiderverse is full of pointless questions that go nowhere and overly confident reads that come off like TMI

boknow's iso in this game contains zero reads and zero questions

the main similarity is that his tone in both of those games is laid-back/relaxed - but i struggle to see that as being more alignment indicative than it is personality indicative

i don't think he's posted enough in this game for that type of comparison to work
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:39 pm

I think I agree with this, if she had active partners they'd be simping for her and her biggest defenders are on "this is mostly NAI and I'm bored of it"
Except I exist.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 445
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

This setup is wack (up with ketchup).
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm I wanna know Jess's current read on me, 90% for ego reasons
you are townier than i've ever seen you before. i have no idea what to make of that

i generally like your defense of me - the only thing that bothered me is how you kinda tried to have it both ways in reaction to sloonei's wallpost on me - it felt like you echo'd the sentiment of "yeah, maybe SPF is mafia" and "SPF shouldn't be pushed on" at the exact same time

but i do think that knowing that i tend to perform poorly under pressure (as evidenced by last night lol) and using that as reasoning to ask people to back off of me is a pretty towny thing for you to do in general

i can feel that there is something ~distinct~ about your approach in this game that is different from how i've seen you play any game before - and gth, i think that the fluidity of your playstyle in this game is more likely to come from esooa!town than it is esooa!scum - especially since i think esooa!scum would have a mindset that is slightly more rigid and maybe even afraid of changing things up too much

so yeah, i townlean you, with the caveat that i'm wondering if the reason you seem so towny to me is because you're playing with the conscious intent to get people to townread you
people town reading me *is* nice
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

There are totes mafia theme ideas I have that I could steal this setup idea from (Ie like 8 factions defined mostly by who they’re against) so I’m actually pretty excited to see how this plays out.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TTTBAT

too towny to be a town
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Check out his ISO, compare it to Shadow Corridors & Spiderverse...tell me I'm wrong.
Check out his ISO from the Spiderverse game to this game, tell me what you think.
boknow's iso in spiderverse is full of pointless questions that go nowhere and overly confident reads that come off like TMI

the main similarity is that his tone in both of those games is laid-back/relaxed - but i struggle to see that as being more alignment indicative than it is personality indicative

i don't think he's posted enough in this game for that type of comparison to work
He's struggling to get involved in the game, I suspect cuz' he's concerned about getting tone busted by Kaz & I as he was in Spiderverse. So, he's electing to barely participate as a means of avoiding the same scenario.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

jack is mafia actually. all he seems to do is pop in every few pages to write a post that looks vaguely game related but that falls short of actually advancing a real stance on any player
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 pm Shouldn't take long, he has few posts in both games.
I am going to go do this.
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm I wanna know Jess's current read on me, 90% for ego reasons
you are townier than i've ever seen you before. i have no idea what to make of that

i generally like your defense of me - the only thing that bothered me is how you kinda tried to have it both ways in reaction to sloonei's wallpost on me - it felt like you echo'd the sentiment of "yeah, maybe SPF is mafia" and "SPF shouldn't be pushed on" at the exact same time

but i do think that knowing that i tend to perform poorly under pressure (as evidenced by last night lol) and using that as reasoning to ask people to back off of me is a pretty towny thing for you to do in general

i can feel that there is something ~distinct~ about your approach in this game that is different from how i've seen you play any game before - and gth, i think that the fluidity of your playstyle in this game is more likely to come from esooa!town than it is esooa!scum - especially since i think esooa!scum would have a mindset that is slightly more rigid and maybe even afraid of changing things up too much

so yeah, i townlean you, with the caveat that i'm wondering if the reason you seem so towny to me is because you're playing with the conscious intent to get people to townread you
This post has me feeling lots of things.
1) I did not hate it.
2) I generally think these two are really reluctant to read each other as anything but civvie.
3) That is not a very baddie thing to do.

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 pm foresight accused him of lifting cases wholesale from scum BTSC
Check again. If I thought that, I wouldn't make special note of how people are finding a hundred different reasons to jump on me. The wolf chat only said "c4". Dom took the rest from there.
This is all conjecture based on nothing and just a way to obfuscate how vacant his play is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jack strikes me as scum.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:12 pm

He's struggling to get involved in the game, I suspect cuz' he's concerned about getting tone busted by Kaz & I as he was in Spiderverse. So, he's electing to barely participate as a means of avoiding the same scenario.
is boknows usually a high-activity player when he's town?
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: jack] aubergine

can we rack up some votes on this
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:13 pm

I wouldn't call him "high-activity" per se, but he's more than capable of contributing far more than he has thus far, and def capable of trying to solve, again something he's not doing this game.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm
@Long Con @Spacedaisy @MacDougall @Epignosis @anyone who has been bad with me
lol
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:11 pm There are totes mafia theme ideas I have that I could steal this setup idea from (Ie like 8 factions defined mostly by who they’re against) so I’m actually pretty excited to see how this plays out.
Very cool.
Do you have any relevant thoughts?
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:12 pm jack is mafia actually. all he seems to do is pop in every few pages to write a post that looks vaguely game related but that falls short of actually advancing a real stance on any player
This is a very real possibility with Jack.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:01 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:06 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:56 pm Fuck, fix:
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:53 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:52 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:50 pm what makes you so sure the votes on you are a conspiracy by teamed wolves rather than wrong town or unteamed opportunist wolves
I have nowhere said that there can't be wrong townies on me. What I have said is that there's evidence that my name was brought up as a target in BTSC, and there would be at least one partner joining that push.
where is the evidence
Read #631.
631 is not actually evidence that there are teamed wolves pushing you

for one I have a strong townread on dom and am not convinced at all that the votes on you are a conspiracy, but even if we grant that you are right that dom is looking for reasons to attack you, there is nothing to say that they were concocted in scumchat or that scumchat has other people voting you (as opposed to just giving dom talking points)
As I said in the post, it was about the nature of those attacks. There was little to no indication in those posts from Dom that he had even read my posts, especially in the post where he quoted me answering a question to say I dodged a question. Bad attacks with no thought put into them and absolute certainty coming out of them, all coming out simultaneously about the same person, the moment Dom arrived in the thread. Someone told him where to look.

You think wolves would see someone they think is an easy target and send the guy that just got to the thread to push the whole wagon on his own?
I think if you believe that someone is showing up to repeat words put in his mouth by someone else, that makes more sense if they're the designated messenger, whereas if that someone else was already on the wagon, they would be the first to recite that case and just tell dom to smile and agree.
Eh, all depends how much detail you think wolves would put into their gameplan 6 hours in.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Not yet. I’ll let you know when I’ve caught up.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm you are townier than i've ever seen you before. i have no idea what to make of that
I know exactly what to make of that.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm A looooooooooooot of players were around last night when I voted spf.
No one really jumped on to it.

If spf were civ I'd imagine a baddie or two might hop right on.
This sounds reasonable.

I kinda tldr all of Sloonei's case for SPF isn't townie enough. Probably later.
^^this is the only post that i actively dislike from jack

not sure if i could articulate why
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

btw, does anyone remember a single content-ful post ChopChop has made

I just looked and he has 33 posts and I remember none
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:17 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm A looooooooooooot of players were around last night when I voted spf.

This sounds reasonable.

my main concern is the noise to signal ratio

like he's just active lurking if you iso him and look at the totality of his content
Alison

Post by Alison »

he's clearly not full lurking because he's in touch with the thread goings-on, but he also doesn't have any opinions or pushes or anything. he's just active lurking.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: VOTE JACK] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

BK's a better option IMO
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 pm

I wouldn't call him "high-activity" per se, but he's more than capable of contributing far more than he has thus far, and def capable of trying to solve, again something he's not doing this game.
interesting. i feel like the game is still enough in the early stages (ie: less than 24 hours in) for me to feel a bit uncomfortable with getting anything alignment indicative out of a persons lack of interest in the game - especially if i don't have a frame of reference for how active/invested they typically are. i think your reasoning against him is useful in the sense that it sounds self-resolving - if he is trying to avoid being ~tone busted~, then it's probably going to become more obvious in the next ~24 hoursish if he continues to show any lack of investment or interest

anyone else youre actively worried about right now?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm As I said in the post, it was about the nature of those attacks. There was little to no indication in those posts from Dom that he had even read my posts, especially in the post where he quoted me answering a question to say I dodged a question. Bad attacks with no thought put into them and absolute certainty coming out of them, all coming out simultaneously about the same person, the moment Dom arrived in the thread. Someone told him where to look.

You didn't answer the question. Just because you don't know what "specific" means doesn't mean I am wrong.
Alright fuck this here's some receipts.
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm Image
Holy fuck are you forced to talk like this or something?

Anyway, ISO me and you should find it pretty quickly.
"Hopefully they'll answer my question"
"no ( : <3"
:eye:
Above: Epi asks a question.
Middle: I answer the question.
Below: "You didn't answer the question."

Tell me how that is not what happened here before you continue.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Page 1:

I don’t like either Urist (phone: did you mean “austistic?” Me: >:-( ) or Heehokun’s wall posts. Especially Heehokun’s. Both feel like way too much.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

KZA probably town. I don’t know their wolf game but they’re unstiff. 🤷🏻‍♂️
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 pm

interesting. i feel like the game is still enough in the early stages (ie: less than 24 hours in) for me to feel a bit uncomfortable with getting anything alignment indicative out of a persons lack of interest in the game - especially if i don't have a frame of reference for how active/invested they typically are. i think your reasoning against him is useful in the sense that it sounds self-resolving - if he is trying to avoid being ~tone busted~, then it's probably going to become more obvious in the next ~24 hoursish if he continues to show any lack of investment or interest

Jack is lynch worthy IMO.

Grogu is also lookin' slimey
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Rej probably a wolf for that opening gif.

I’m really good at mafia fyi.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm

This sounds reasonable.

my main concern is the noise to signal ratio

like he's just active lurking if you iso him and look at the totality of his content
i get what you mean

after thinking about it, there are two things about that post from jack that i dislike:

1. i dislike that jack has a strong opinion about the dynamic surrounding the early momentum on me in the same post where he admits to "skimming" and not having an opinion about the "case" against me

2. i dislike that jack promises more content in the future - this is an incredibly nitpicky point but i've just noticed that scum have a tendency to talk about all the stuff that they're "going" to do in the future

like, when i'm scum, i feel pressured to give my opinion on ~~everything~~, so it's pretty common for me to make posts that say: "i'll probably do this later" if i want to sidestep a point while still looking like i'm engaged in the solving process

and jack doing that "sidestep" while still seeming to have an opinion about the dynamics of the pressure on me just rubs me the wrong way a bit
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You couldn’t lynch me if you tried and even if I let you, I’d get rezzed if that’s in the setup.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Well I dislike your face. :pout:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:24 pm Well I dislike your face. :pout:
cold hearted!

also hi jack, nice to play w/you again (even if you rand'd wolf)
Alison

Post by Alison »

the real clincher is #817 and #819, in which two people (who I think are both town, btw) call him out for lack of game related activity, and he brushes them off with jokes intended to deflect attention.

now I see he has conveniently started his catchup - complete with a barrage of hot takes with no reasoning attached - coincidentally right after I start a wagon on him for active lurking.
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:29 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:21 pm BK is prolly just Mafia guys, he has no idea how to get in to the thread
I could see this. @BoKnows please feel free to tell us what your thoughts are on anything at all in this game right now.
hi tom brady
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 pm

why is grogu lookin' slimey? is it just the lack of content? i thought his early posts were fine even if they lacked substance
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 pm BK's a better option IMO
I think jack is more likely a hit
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

This sounds reasonable.

To be fair he immediately disagreed with it right after.
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:17 pm btw, does anyone remember a single content-ful post ChopChop has made

I just looked and he has 33 posts and I remember none
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 pm BK's a better option IMO
I just read the posts from spidergame and I didn't see much there either. More, but not much.
Am I just unfamiliar?
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Alright fuck this here's some receipts.
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm Image
Holy fuck are you forced to talk like this or something?

Anyway, ISO me and you should find it pretty quickly.
"Hopefully they'll answer my question"
"no ( : <3"
:eye:
Above: Epi asks a question.
Middle: I answer the question.
Below: "You didn't answer the question."

Tell me how that is not what happened here before you continue.
You literally say "go read my iso" instead of just answering the question.

This isn't even the thing I said you were vague about. Like you are just pulling shit out of your ass.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Pre-game]

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:13 pm having a real shit day so here's some slank cover

Better now?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:24 pm Well I dislike your face. :pout:
cold hearted!

also hi jack, nice to play w/you again (even if you rand'd wolf)
:beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:21 pm BK is prolly just Mafia guys, he has no idea how to get in to the thread
I could see this. @BoKnows please feel free to tell us what your thoughts are on anything at all in this game right now.
hi tom brady
I wasn't feeling much about BoKnows until he showed up the second he was talked about lol
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Anyone have the sparknotes of the first 20 pages?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:27 pm

This sounds reasonable.

To be fair he immediately disagreed with it right after.
that's true - it's just odd to me that jack had an opinion about the dynamics of the momentum on me at all before he had a stance or an opinion on me

like, one usually comes before the other. it's not inherently wolfy for jack to have an opinion about wagon dynamics without having an opinion about the wagons themselves - it's just distinct from the type of thought process that i typically expect to come from a town mindset
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

Alison, esooa, grogu, nanook, dom, mac, chopchop, sloonei, falcon, epi, tsp all seem townish in roughly that order

C4 still obviously maf
Poison still maf
Spf still maf
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 pm

why is grogu lookin' slimey? is it just the lack of content? i thought his early posts were fine even if they lacked substance
Grogu's comment to mac about "sorry we're not on the same team" is one thing, his vote on Alison w/ no reasoning is another.

Rej is another player I'm suspect of as well
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

^ more of a note to self than anything tbh
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:29 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm
hi tom brady
I wasn't feeling much about BoKnows until he showed up the second he was talked about lol
dumb luck at it's finest

Return to “Previous Jobs”