Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:15 am You're a real hard read but I guess I am just really good.
you're soooo good mac, please teach me more please, I am honored to be your student

Also I think tbh my scum game is a bit behind my town game, I've been spending like an entire month playing town only almost and trying to get better and I think I've done it well
When you have a correct ez town read on Mac the correct course of action is usually to just sheep me til the mafia kill me not "eh" my ideas.

You've got a lot to learn kiddo.
you've questioned me not sheeping you before

Do you really expect me to do that? I only would if I'm feeling particularly lazy
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:14 am You aren't even being rational so I am going to assume you are quite drunk right now.
I don't care about any proposed strategy beyond "eliminate the most likely mafioso every day until town wins". Picking and choosing suspects based upon thread posture rather than degree of suspicion is not a business I care to engage in with rare exception. Tony may end up being that player today. He's in my POE too. We'll see how the phase develops.

And I have seven best civilian awards across three websites, so :meany: .
Ted your fly is undone.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:15 am You're a real hard read but I guess I am just really good.
you're soooo good mac, please teach me more please, I am honored to be your student

Also I think tbh my scum game is a bit behind my town game, I've been spending like an entire month playing town only almost and trying to get better and I think I've done it well
When you have a correct ez town read on Mac the correct course of action is usually to just sheep me til the mafia kill me not "eh" my ideas.

You've got a lot to learn kiddo.
you've questioned me not sheeping you before

Do you really expect me to do that? I only would if I'm feeling particularly lazy
I don't expect you to. I just wish that you would hurry up and get to the point where you realise that being town is easier when you just find other town and work with them instead of questioning your townreads reasons for townreading you for no apparent reason lol.

Getting townread is great for you as either alignment. Catching a wolf for townreading you is fun but it's also not something you should slap a wolf for. The more you force a wolf to be correct the harder it is for them to find a winning miselim. Got someone like SPF who appears to be mafia townreading you? Don't ask them why, just let them and then nope them when they push onto your godreads lol.

That's how we do it in the old folks home anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 am Why does BoKnows, known passive participant in forum mafia, choose a random Jay vote on TSP to question? Does it make TSP town or his mafia teammate? One things for sure is it makes Bo mafia lol.
Valid question. I'll let Bo answer it before I expand.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:14 am You aren't even being rational so I am going to assume you are quite drunk right now.
I don't care about any proposed strategy beyond "eliminate the most likely mafioso every day until town wins". Picking and choosing suspects based upon thread posture rather than degree of suspicion is not a business I care to engage in with rare exception. Tony may end up being that player today. He's in my POE too. We'll see how the phase develops.

Ted your fly is undone.
*ties a knot*
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wolf: Mac is town
Mac: Thank you wolf, who do you think is mafia?
Wolf: Tutuu is mafia
Mac: Thank you for clearing Tutuu for me, who is mafia now?
Wolf: Ted is mafia
Mac: Thank you for spewing Ted your teammate

Advanced Mafia Fundamentals.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am I don't expect you to. I just wish that you would hurry up and get to the point where you realise that being town is easier when you just find other town and work with them instead of questioning your townreads reasons for townreading you for no apparent reason lol.

Getting townread is great for you as either alignment. Catching a wolf for townreading you is fun but it's also not something you should slap a wolf for. The more you force a wolf to be correct the harder it is for them to find a winning miselim. Got someone like SPF who appears to be mafia townreading you? Don't ask them why, just let them and then nope them when they push onto your godreads lol.

I'm not really playing the game to make it easy. I'm playing the game to figure stuff out, regarding everyone. Maybe if I get to a point where I'm like "I just wanna play some casual mafia" I'd do that but my goal with ~every game, ideally, is to get better so nah

I'm not trying to "slap" anyone into not town reading me though. I just question people about their reads on me cause I think evaluating peoples approach to me is a useful way to read them
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Ted your fly is undone.
wut
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I spent like 8 hours every day playing mafia. Or more. I have the time to make it hard and I do, lmfao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am I don't expect you to. I just wish that you would hurry up and get to the point where you realise that being town is easier when you just find other town and work with them instead of questioning your townreads reasons for townreading you for no apparent reason lol.

I'm not really playing the game to make it easy. I'm playing the game to figure stuff out, regarding everyone. Maybe if I get to a point where I'm like "I just wanna play some casual mafia" I'd do that but my goal with ~every game, ideally, is to get better so nah

I'm not trying to "slap" anyone into not town reading me though. I just question people about their reads on me cause I think evaluating peoples approach to me is a useful way to read them
That's not casual mafia that's just realising that you don't have to hit the ball very hard to hit winners.

Look at me I'm making tennis analogies.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 am

Ted your fly is undone.
wut
Town ted: God damn it Mac you are obvious town can you hurry up and read me town so we can fucking dominate together
Scum ted: Reeee your strategies are whack. I am the best and only I have the secrets of mafia.

Your fly is undone
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am not sure but I think I have gone to a new level of being obvious town in this game. I haven't seen a single person sus me yet. It's beautiful.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 am

That's not casual mafia that's just realising that you don't have to hit the ball very hard to hit winners.

Look at me I'm making tennis analogies.
I'm using the term casual mafia as a contrast to playing with the intention of getting better. Do you think sheeping you does anything for me? I don't. So I don't really care. I'll maybe end my vote following yours if I think it's the best way to vote but I'm not going to take that process throughout the day phase. Idk this is too dense for me to care more atp
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:26 am Town ted: God damn it Mac you are obvious town can you hurry up and read me town so we can fucking dominate together
Scum ted: Reeee your strategies are whack. I am the best and only I have the secrets of mafia.

Your fly is undone
i'm out of the loop

i'm assuming you're scum reading me for not asking for your reads

lolu
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Isn't the point of getting better at the game to make the game easier
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:29 am Isn't the point of getting better at the game to make the game easier
I suppose I'm playing the long game
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:26 am Town ted: God damn it Mac you are obvious town can you hurry up and read me town so we can fucking dominate together
I think we're well on our way. Just do what you do and synergize it with what I do and we'll be fine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:30 am
I think we're well on our way. Just do what you do and synergize it with what I do and we'll be fine.
I am directing this at Ted why are you replying? Are you a Ted sock?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The frustrating thing about getting better at Mafia in a competitive environment is that everyone else is also getting better at the same time. It's like level scaling in a bad video game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:29 am Isn't the point of getting better at the game to make the game easier
When you townread people and they make you waste keystrokes on things when you can just sheep obvious god mode townies. Worst.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:31 am The frustrating thing about getting better at Mafia in a competitive environment is that everyone else is also getting better at the same time. It's like level scaling in a bad video game.
I enjoy the intricacies of a more higher level game regardless
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:30 am
You responded to my post about my best civilian awards and then said the thing about "I'm the best and have all the secrets". I thought you were talking to me and calling me Ted for some MacDougall reason analogous to me calling you Doug. XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

[VOTE: fingersplints
]
aubergine

this is a wolf. i will explain tomorrow. goodnight!
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

wagon on me is poo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah I mean I thought you were Ted so it's me who's having a stroke not you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 am [VOTE: fingersplints
]
aubergine

this is a wolf. i will explain tomorrow. goodnight!
Could be. Could be. Could be. If it is you're town good job.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 am Yeah I mean I thought you were Ted so it's me who's having a stroke not you.
are you alright fella
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 am Yeah I mean I thought you were Ted so it's me who's having a stroke not you.
lool
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Ted who do you think I am?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 am
are you alright fella
actually no I have had the most stressful day and here I am now playing mafia at the end of it which is one of my primary vices and a strong precursor to heavy drinking
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:32 am
You responded to my post about my best civilian awards and then said the thing about "I'm the best and have all the secrets". I thought you were talking to me and calling me Ted for some MacDougall reason analogous to me calling you Doug. XD
I thought it was a reference to the film Ted
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

see the thing about me is that I understand myself well enough to be able to see the signs and mildly remedy them with pre-emptive humour
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:32 am
I thought it was a reference to the film Ted
having an actual stroke probably
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 am
are you alright fella
actually no I have had the most stressful day and here I am now playing mafia at the end of it which is one of my primary vices and a strong precursor to heavy drinking
maybe it's a good day for fishin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:38 am
are you alright fella
maybe it's a good day for fishin
It's dark and pouring rain but fishing would do me good no doubt about it.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

are you alright fella
awhhhh huggie huggie huggie it's okay

Drinking sucks anyway it makes you feel like shit!!!! play stardew valley it's calming and listen to folk music I can send you some
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:39 am It's dark and pouring rain but fishing would do me good no doubt about it.
Weak, Australia. Do you normally like to fish around the ocean coast, or is there a smaller body of water near you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:29 am
I suppose I'm playing the long game
I prefer sweeps
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

what is happening

this is a bookmark post since I'll probably have to read some pages when I wake up
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard

are you alright fella
Love you buddy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:39 am It's dark and pouring rain but fishing would do me good no doubt about it.
Weak, Australia. Do you normally like to fish around the ocean coast, or is there a smaller body of water near you?
Oh I am a fisher of many bodies of water. My latest endeavours have been primarily beach fishing. My boss made me a beach fishing rod for Christmas and it's long as fuck. Like 12 feet maybe or more.

I do enjoy a fish in a river, or a fish in a boat, or even a deep sea fish. Never done an ice fish though. I hear the Ice Fishing is pretty good in Minnesota.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 am what is happening

this is a bookmark post since I'll probably have to read some pages when I wake up
I think this is a nice place to take one of those brief hunting breathers that benefitted town in Bread Mafia, so I am chilling out and making some off-topic posts in white text. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 am
Oh I am a fisher of many bodies of water. My latest endeavours have been primarily beach fishing. My boss made me a beach fishing rod for Christmas and it's long as fuck. Like 12 feet maybe or more.

I do enjoy a fish in a river, or a fish in a boat, or even a deep sea fish. Never done an ice fish though. I hear the Ice Fishing is pretty good in Minnesota.
I've very little experience with fishing. I suspect I would most enjoy beach fishing, since it'd likely come with a decent breeze and just feel generally relaxed in a way I'm not sure I'd get from a river or lake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

I feel like you have the right temperament for fly fishing, jay
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 am Well that's a hell of a way to start a new page! Yeehaw!

Tell me about Oddmerta, ted and Esooa.
i thought his first few posts were pretty wolfy when i was itt

afaict he has trouble finding an actual tunnel for genuine reasons and from his iso I can't glean that he's actually reading the thread and assessing stuff like a villager would

from the few games we've played, i don't expect him to talk about someone like sloonei being scum and then voting somebody random like jpic, he seems to me more like the theory conspiracy guy. doesn't seem like he's using his votes in order to gather INTEL from his scum reads (especially sloonei)

the LC read I believe was straight up stolen from spf's call on alison - and that was probably the only villagery thing that i was willing to call slightly villagery in his iso, but it's most likely nothing

i don't like to type a lot of words, hope this manages to sum it up decently
From the few games we played, which games were those?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

are you alright fella
:(

:hug:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:47 am I feel like you have the right temperament for fly fishing, jay
Wikipedia suggests this involves no worms so that’s a nice start

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:47 am I feel like you have the right temperament for fly fishing, jay
unironically agree
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 am

I've very little experience with fishing. I suspect I would most enjoy beach fishing, since it'd likely come with a decent breeze and just feel generally relaxed in a way I'm not sure I'd get from a river or lake.
Beach fishing can be pleasant but it can also be tiring and unpleasant. Sunburn, sand everywhere, saltwater everywhere. Sometimes insects. Sometimes jellyfish.

The most pleasant form of fishing for peace is definitely not beach. You're definitely looking for trout fishing in a mountain stream if you want peace.

Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Did everybody literally go fishing right now?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

I just woke up and have lots of pages to catch up on.
Gro-oo-ovy

Return to “Previous Jobs”